Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Conquer - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Here is your pre-air and discussion thread for the FINAL EPISODE OF SEASON 5: Conquer. This thread will remain open until 10:30 pm Sunday night, after which you can all mosey on over to the actual episode thread S05.E16: Conquer to continue discussions.

Don't forget, the season 5 finale is 90 minutes long. That's right, 1.5 hours of Walking Dead goodness, so don't forget to set your DVRs/PVRs accordingly to make sure you don't miss a single second!

As always, please be respectful and courteous in your posts, please tag any spoilers - comic or otherwise -  and overall, enjoy!

• Love 1
Per AMC: Daryl experiences trouble on a run while Rick and his group continue to feel like outsiders in Alexandria, where trouble is creeping into the gates.

This is the first episode title/description in a while that hasn't caused and immediate song or Star Wars quote to pop into my head. Damn, that must mean it will be heavy.

It's curious to me that it doesn't say Daryl and Aaron.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 2

I have to admit beyond my biggest fears (I can't shake the feeling that Glenn or Maggie will die, not to mention poor Tara), one of the things I'm most looking forward to/dreading is the reaction of those fans who are convinced Beth is alive, that there have been hints in the back half (the time on the clocks, no one saying she's actually dead, Aaron saying some of her old lines, Aaron/Eric = Bethyl, the dead and mutilated blonde woman in the woods) that say she will be back in the finale, that Emily will be on Talking Dead, so on and so forth. 

When this doesn't happen, I imagine a huge meltdown and I hope most of TPTB stay away from their social media accounts...

• Love 1

Yes. They say they've hung on for the back half because they're sure she's not really dead and that Gimple saying things get weird and the distorted perspectives in Tyreese's death episode, etc. are just several of many clues, but that if she isn't in the finale it's the last straw and they're gone, etc. etc. 

Being shot point blank in the head is no longer fatal? I'm glad I don't frequent what ever looney bin that comes from. 

It's also interesting that the current description doesn't mention things coming to a head, or anything similar. It's a pretty mild description that could actually have described the last episode as well.

• Love 6

This is the first episode title/description in a while that hasn't caused and immediate song or Star Wars quote to pop into my head. Damn, that must mean it will be heavy.

It's curious to me that it doesn't say Daryl and Aaron.

I wonder if that's because the summaries were released before the episode where Aaron asked Daryl to recruit with him.

I just hope if anything dangerous happens someone leads Eric and maybe Olivia and Deanna's living hot son to a bunker. I like them. (Reg is OK too)

• Love 3

As much as I have to admit I've wondered if there will be any fic of Daryl and Aaron sharing a blanket in an abandoned barn and making out after sharing a few swigs of cheap booze (it writes itself really), I'd like to think he still remembers poor Eric. You'd have to remember the Mr. Furley getups, if nothing else. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 3

As much as I have to admit I've wondered if there will be any fic of Daryl and Aaron sharing a blanket in an abandoned barn and making out after sharing a few swigs of cheap booze (it writes itself really), I'd like to think he still remembers poor Eric. You'd have to remember the Mr. Furley getups, if nothing else. 

Daryl = Jack Tripper ... but a more confused / curious version

• Love 1

Andrea is the sexy neighbor who vanishes early on 

Maggie and Glenn are The Ropers 

Carol is Janet

Beth is Chrissy

Tara is that unfortunate Jenilee Harrison character who fell all the time and came in midway through

Sasha is Pamela Barnes

Rick is the kooky hard-luck friend who occasionally rips throats out 

Come and walk on our dead...

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 3

FWIW, the DirecTV APG says almost the exact same thing about Conquer, only instead of "... trouble creeping in the gates.", its ".... trouble approaches the gates."

Maybe they didn't want to risk giving too much away, but I notice they didn't allude to anything at all surrounding Rick's possible banishment (after the end of Try).

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

Andrea is the sexy neighbor who vanishes early on 

Maggie and Glenn are The Ropers 

Carol is Janet

Beth is Chrissy

Tara is that unfortunate Jenilee Harrison character who fell all the time and came in midway through

Sasha is Pamela Barnes

Rick is the kooky hard-luck friend who occasionally rips throats out 

Come and walk on our dead...

Who's Larry? Eugene - socially awkward and a bit lecherous?

ETA: Oh, is that Rick?

Edited by lulee

I am so excited for this episode!  It seems like so much needs to happen for it to be a finale.  I guess that's why we got an extra, what 17 minutes (after commercials).

We'll hopefully see Rick's fate before the end of it.  I would hate it if he got banished and that's where it ends, with HIM being dropped 18 miles out.  I also want more Rick/Jessie to see where that is all going to go and that can't happen if they have him on lock down/banished the whole episode!

• Love 1

Who's Larry? Eugene - socially awkward and a bit lecherous?

ETA: Oh, is that Rick?

Yes. I guess Shane could fill that role too (or Axel or EUgene) - I just thought Andy and the guy who played Larry looked a little alike...

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1

I have to admit beyond my biggest fears (I can't shake the feeling that Glenn or Maggie will die, not to mention poor Tara), one of the things I'm most looking forward to/dreading is the reaction of those fans who are convinced Beth is alive, 

When this doesn't happen, I imagine a huge meltdown and I hope most of TPTB stay away from their social media accounts...

Team Delusional (which is what they call themselves, so at least they're self aware) is why I avoid tumblr. I used to really enjoy going on there because tumblr has the best screen grabs/gifs but I just can't with the Beth bullshit.

My prediction is that Unfair Wolves show up and Rick gets to redeem himself by saving the day (which will be kind of annoying). I also think that Daryl and Aaron will run into Morgan (because he HAS to show up at some point, right?), they will first be mistrustful of each other but when Morgan mentions that he's following Crazy Pants Rick Grimes to DC, all will be cleared up and they can also help save the day (THIS I would be okay with!!). 

Maybe Nicholas is the one who's actually spying for the exiles? A lot of people died on his watch, after all...plus there's Chekhov's gun. I was not expecting him to have it, thought for sure it was Enid. He's gotta be a part of something bigger than just being a douche. 

• Love 3

Uh, what? Really?

Yes, they still believe Beth Green isn't dead.

SMDH...

I hope Morgan makes an appearance and finally joins Team Family.

Oh and  most of the ASZ folks get wiped out, leaving Aaron, Eric, Francine,

Tobin and the Carol's new little buddy.  

Who the hell's Francine?

Francine is the construction crew girl who crashed and got almost eaten by walkers when the other guys abandoned her...but Abraham had his best scene saving her, wiping out walkers, and saying motherdick!

That, in the Zombie Apocalypse, is a real "meet cute".

• Love 5

She also punched the crap out of Tobin after the walkers had been disposed of!

I hope Oblivia is really fast with that clipboard once whatever it is creeps through the walls.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 5

If I had to do an ASZ [non-CDB] death pool, my only sure bets would be that Jessie will be comfortably lounging in a deck chair and Nicholas will be sucked down the drain.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 2

Yes, they still believe Beth Green isn't dead.

SMDH...

I hope Morgan makes an appearance and finally joins Team Family.

Oh and  most of the ASZ folks get wiped out, leaving Aaron, Eric, Francine,

Tobin and the Carol's new little buddy.  

What do they think happened to Beth,  Daryl carried her out  and they put a band aid on what was left of her head?  

• Love 1

Francine is the construction crew girl who crashed and got almost eaten by walkers when the other guys abandoned her...but Abraham had his best scene saving her, wiping out walkers, and saying motherdick!

That, in the Zombie Apocalypse, is a real "meet cute".

Not as cute as I'm your neighbor and I came to give you a haircut. I did see that on Walking Dead right? Cuz I watch Lifetime movies sometimes..........

I forgot about Francine. I liked her too. 

Maybe Nicholas and Pete can just get killed about 20 times each and the rest can survive. 

NO! You forgot FPP. He really needs to go too.

• Love 4

What do they think happened to Beth,  Daryl carried her out  and they put a band aid on what was left of her head?  

I've read theories ranging from Beth returning like Jesus Christ, to that GSW put her

in a coma on tumblr.   Yes folks, the CRAZY IS REAL!

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 2

If I had to do an ASZ [non-CDB] death pool, my only sure bets would be that Jessie will be comfortably lounging in a deck chair and Nicholas will be sucked down the drain.

Eugene will be stuck in the filter intake.

• Love 1

I've read theories ranging from Beth returning like Jesus Christ, to that GSW put her

in a coma on tumblr.   Yes folks, the CRAZY IS REAL!

Just take a look at the tumblr page for Jessie. People saying they want Rick to beat her to death, and MIchonne knocks out RIck and when he comes to he says" did you do that? You care for me!" and they kiss.

Just take a look at the tumblr page for Jessie. People saying they want Rick to beat her to death, and MIchonne knocks out RIck and when he comes to he says" did you do that? You care for me!" and they kiss.

Crap. I've just realized that I am an ASZhat and previouslytv is my ASZ. I'm so safe here in my mostly nice and cozy forum that I don't really know of the horrors beyond.

• Love 11

Crap. I've just realized that I am an ASZhat and previouslytv is my ASZ. I'm so safe here in my mostly nice and cozy forum that I don't really know of the horrors beyond.

Stay here. Preserve your healthy brain cells. Beyond here be dragons. Seriously.

That's not even the worst site.

Starting to get a lot easier to understand the ASZhats, isn't it? :-D

• Love 3

Now I'm not a Jessie fan, but don't want see any man to beat her to death.

And that Richonne senario is ridiculous.  There's crazy in all fandoms, sad but true. 

What the hell's a tumblr?

(It's a bitch waking up in the wrong century.)

Another form of social media, like Twitter, FB and Instagram.

• Love 1