Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

We play with that relationship [in the event series]. We put some of the tension back in that was relieved by them being together. It added to the storytelling opportunities. It’s something that I came up with; I had been thinking about it. There was always talk of [breaking them up] if we did another movie.

Well, color me shocked that it was CC's idea to break them up...I don't see how putting that tension back into the story is a good thing, it's just frustrating for the fans.  Maybe if there's a really good, and I mean REALLY GOOD, scene with them getting back together I'll understand, but I seriously doubt it.  I always wished I had the will power to be spoiler free for the X-Files, but I'm so glad I don't because if I tuned in on the first night all excited and then found out they had broken up I would be devastated! Now I'll be going in with zero expectations and if I'm pleasantly surprised that will be great. If the MSR is still unresolved by the end of the last episode I'll be very upset, but it sounds to me like Duchovny and Mitch were playing with the fans.

We put some of the tension back in that was relieved by them being together. It added to the storytelling opportunities.

This shows such creative laziness and lack of understanding about the Mulder/Scully dynamic that I don't even know where to begin. I'm not surprised, because CC has always been stupid about that particular element of the show, but...argh. 

• Love 5

Well, color me shocked that it was CC's idea to break them up...I don't see how putting that tension back into the story is a good thing, it's just frustrating for the fans.  Maybe if there's a really good, and I mean REALLY GOOD, scene with them getting back together I'll understand, but I seriously doubt it.  I always wished I had the will power to be spoiler free for the X-Files, but I'm so glad I don't because if I tuned in on the first night all excited and then found out they had broken up I would be devastated! Now I'll be going in with zero expectations and if I'm pleasantly surprised that will be great. If the MSR is still unresolved by the end of the last episode I'll be very upset, but it sounds to me like Duchovny and Mitch were playing with the fans.

I hope you're right on that. Because right now I have NO faith in this. Not one bit. 

This shows such creative laziness and lack of understanding about the Mulder/Scully dynamic that I don't even know where to begin. I'm not surprised, because CC has always been stupid about that particular element of the show, but...argh. 

Word. That's pretty much where I'm at as well.

I'll be the dissenter and say I'm glad they're broken up. In fact, I always liked the show better before they ever got together, and felt the romance between them felt forced. Of course, I do feel it's lazy now, because it gives CC license to play with their jealousy toward one another. I just wish they had never gotten together in the first place.

• Love 1

I'm pretty much at "fuck this" stage.  I'll watch, and hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm expecting to wish it had ended with IWTB.  If this was a relationship drama written by someone who doesn't have a pathologically unhealthy view of romantic relationships, I'd be looking forward to it -- there are about a million reasons this couple should break up at some point, and watching them decide if they can be together and, if so, in what form, would be compelling. 

But this seems nothing more than an egotistical rewrite of reality; when my show was a hit, they weren't together but had romantic tension, so now that I've been given another shot at this, I'll revert to a dynamic that is over a decade out of date on the infinitesimal chance I can keep this thing going beyond these six episodes. 

In short, fuck you, Chris Carter.  Any number of people could make this work, if they were coming from the right place.  You aren't, so you're going to screw it up.  Because you don't understand your own characters; they've always thrived in spite of you, not because of you. 

• Love 6

I'll be the dissenter and say I'm glad they're broken up. In fact, I always liked the show better before they ever got together, and felt the romance between them felt forced. Of course, I do feel it's lazy now, because it gives CC license to play with their jealousy toward one another. I just wish they had never gotten together in the first place.

Playing devil's advocate, there's only SO long that they could have played off of it. Honestly.

How did you find it forced?

Sure there were some moments, DeadAlive being one of them, but that's just do to the actors having an off day imo.

Agreed. It's just childish.

Nah, I don't regret it. Just wish that the show was run by someone else other than CC.

I'm pretty much at "fuck this" stage.  I'll watch, and hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm expecting to wish it had ended with IWTB.  If this was a relationship drama written by someone who doesn't have a pathologically unhealthy view of romantic relationships, I'd be looking forward to it -- there are about a million reasons this couple should break up at some point, and watching them decide if they can be together and, if so, in what form, would be compelling. 

But this seems nothing more than an egotistical rewrite of reality; when my show was a hit, they weren't together but had romantic tension, so now that I've been given another shot at this, I'll revert to a dynamic that is over a decade out of date on the infinitesimal chance I can keep this thing going beyond these six episodes. 

In short, fuck you, Chris Carter.  Any number of people could make this work, if they were coming from the right place.  You aren't, so you're going to screw it up.  Because you don't understand your own characters; they've always thrived in spite of you, not because of you. 

Word.

Exactly.

Who? I'm curious to see who you think could. I'd go with almost anyone too.

How did you find it forced?

Honestly, I'm not one of those people who automatically thinks chemistry means you have to eventually get your leads into a relationship together. I thought their chemistry worked better with them as friends/partners in the early seasons, and once they got together it felt awkward to me, and more like fan service than a natural progression for the characters. I really didn't buy them as a couple in I Want To Believe--it just felt weird seeing them spooning together and having relationship drama and such. I dunno--I think they work better without all of that.

• Love 1

Honestly, I'm not one of those people who automatically thinks chemistry means you have to eventually get your leads into a relationship together. I thought their chemistry worked better with them as friends/partners in the early seasons, and once they got together it felt awkward to me, and more like fan service than a natural progression for the characters. I really didn't buy them as a couple in I Want To Believe--it just felt weird seeing them spooning together and having relationship drama and such. I dunno--I think they work better without all of that.

Fair point.

I think that in the hands of better writers, their consummated relationship would have felt more natural. To me, the show made sense with them as partners/friends who had deep feelings for each other that went further than just trusted friend and co-worker (think Pusher or Folie a Deux). It always made sense to me that they would end up being romantic partners because there's no other person that either of them could conceivably share every aspect of their life with like they can with each other. Thinking about Scully trying to explain to some 3rd party man why she can't have children, or what happened to her first 2 kids makes me laugh.

The problem is that the writers seem to think that the fans enjoyed the ambiguity or the mystery about their relationship and the mythology. In reality, those turned out to be the most criticized aspects of the show. I enjoyed their spooning in IWTB, but their relationship drama felt like it belonged in Grey's Anatomy, or some other show where the primary storyline is romantic drama rather than the case of the week. It didn't need to be like that. They could write the show the same way that it was in seasons 1-7 where they were not romantically involved but clearly loved each other. The only difference would be that if they were to have another moment like the one in Amor Fati where they declare themselves to be each others touchstone, it would be clear that they're talking about romantic love. It didn't have to change anything about the show. But clearly, the writers thought that them being together meant they had to act differently toward each other and that they needed some tension to keep things interesting.

I just wish the show had writers who understood that no dramatic changes were needed to make Mulder and Scully a romantic couple while keeping the mythology and MOTW the main focus of the show. I have no interest in seeing relationship drama.

• Love 4

Very well said.  Although I think a relationship drama about these two complicated characters and the reality of their intense but not entirely healthy and beneficial love for each other could be interesting, if someone other than CC was at the helm, I'm talking about some imaginary work (or fan fiction); it's not what I'm looking for from XF.  It never was, and it certainly isn't now. 

The idea that going this route was necessary to maintain tension and open storytelling doors is laughable.

• Love 2

I agree 100%. I have read some great fan fiction that explores the emotional and complex nature of the M&S relationship. And even when it wasn't portrayed as sunshine and rainbows, I have enjoyed it and felt that it rang true. With the actual show, that sort of exploration of their relationship is not possible. And CC has proven himself to be stunted in this area.

It hurts for me to say it, but Chris' only real talent is recognizing talent in others. The casting of David and Gillian along with the hiring of then unproven writers like Gilligan, Gordon, etc were the reasons why this show became such a hit. Chris himself has turned out to be a one-hit wonder, and he has admitted that the X-Files is his meal ticket. As much as I love the show, I realize that it can't go on forever and the magic that it had during its peak can never be recaptured. Chris should not be operating under the illusion that the fans will tune in indefinitely. He should have approached IWTB and this new season as if they were the last times that we would ever see these characters and offer some sort of resolution. Even if we disregard the M&S relationship, all the spoilers we've been hearing seem to point to the fact that the new season ends in a cliff hanger related to the mythology. I stopped being interested in the mythology back in season 6.

• Love 2

I agree 100%. I have read some great fan fiction that explores the emotional and complex nature of the M&S relationship. And even when it wasn't portrayed as sunshine and rainbows, I have enjoyed it and felt that it rang true. With the actual show, that sort of exploration of their relationship is not possible. And CC has proven himself to be stunted in this area.

It hurts for me to say it, but Chris' only real talent is recognizing talent in others. The casting of David and Gillian along with the hiring of then unproven writers like Gilligan, Gordon, etc were the reasons why this show became such a hit. Chris himself has turned out to be a one-hit wonder, and he has admitted that the X-Files is his meal ticket. As much as I love the show, I realize that it can't go on forever and the magic that it had during its peak can never be recaptured. Chris should not be operating under the illusion that the fans will tune in indefinitely. He should have approached IWTB and this new season as if they were the last times that we would ever see these characters and offer some sort of resolution. Even if we disregard the M&S relationship, all the spoilers we've been hearing seem to point to the fact that the new season ends in a cliff hanger related to the mythology. I stopped being interested in the mythology back in season 6.

And it also seems to be MSR related going by what David said recently and Anne Simon :(.

He's just holding onto things now. And it's really sad imo.

He should have approached IWTB and this new season as if they were the last times that we would ever see these characters and offer some sort of resolution. Even if we disregard the M&S relationship, all the spoilers we've been hearing seem to point to the fact that the new season ends in a cliff hanger related to the mythology. I stopped being interested in the mythology back in season 6.

He could leave a mythology cliffhanger the size of the Wall in Westeros and I wouldn't care at all, but if there is any sort of ambiguity about the relationship between Mulder and Scully at the send of the sixth episode I will be really upset.  I thought DD pushed for these six episodes as a chance to wrap everything up and bring closure, not cause more questions. If CC thinks he'll get more episodes after this he's delusional.

• Love 2

He could leave a mythology cliffhanger the size of the Wall in Westeros and I wouldn't care at all, but if there is any sort of ambiguity about the relationship between Mulder and Scully at the send of the sixth episode I will be really upset.  I thought DD pushed for these six episodes as a chance to wrap everything up and bring closure, not cause more questions. If CC thinks he'll get more episodes after this he's delusional.

Word. Exactly.

How I'm feeling towards him right now:

tumblr_ns6050XMWe1sp7ewho1_400hawk_zpssw

• Love 1

Oh how I wish I'd never come in here! Mulder and Scully seperated? After everything they've been through it makes no sense to me. I can't even.....I just started a rewatch to get ready for January and I got all excited and now...I remember how mad I used to get at CC for yanking our chains (stupid friggin bee) and what a train wreck the mythology became. I let nostalgia and the pretty of GA/DD get to me and I've been all schmoopy...

I mean of course I'm going to watch anyway but I'm so sad I have this to color my anticipation! Not coming in here again! Well except what if we find out the rumor is false? Gah spoilers!

What a shame! I've been so giddy and ecstatic ever since the news broke of the reboot. Reading through the various posts here, all I can think about is that I'm so over Chris Carter and his cleverness. Of all things, he could have done he chose the one thing that doesn't make one ounce of sense, is totally unacceptable and makes me want to boycott the whole thing.

• Love 1

What a shame! I've been so giddy and ecstatic ever since the news broke of the reboot. Reading through the various posts here, all I can think about is that I'm so over Chris Carter and his cleverness. Of all things, he could have done he chose the one thing that doesn't make one ounce of sense, is totally unacceptable and makes me want to boycott the whole thing.

Word. I feel the same way tbh. We're all grown ups here for the most part, and CC (at least so far) has shown that he hasn't really grown much, if at all. 

Oh how I wish I'd never come in here! Mulder and Scully seperated? After everything they've been through it makes no sense to me. I can't even.....I just started a rewatch to get ready for January and I got all excited and now...I remember how mad I used to get at CC for yanking our chains (stupid friggin bee) and what a train wreck the mythology became. I let nostalgia and the pretty of GA/DD get to me and I've been all schmoopy...

I mean of course I'm going to watch anyway but I'm so sad I have this to color my anticipation! Not coming in here again! Well except what if we find out the rumor is false? Gah spoilers!

I know how you feel :(. I was so excited back in January and then to find all of this stuff out. It's left me wrung out like a dish rag. I hope certain things are wrong but I'm not counting on much. Sorry that this thread has been the bearer of so much bad news.

• Love 1

Some new tweets from http://understands.Best guess is he has a plan involving additional episodes. Fingers crossed Fox says yes
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply   Retweet    Favorite  
More
Tank Bulldog ‏@TankBulldog  31m31 minutes ago
@Annealiz1 @GodzillaRussell  Are you implying that we won't get any MSR in the revival at all?
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply   Retweet    Favorite  
More
Anne Simon ‏@Annealiz1  19m19 minutes ago
@TankBulldog @GodzillaRussell @shelly_downs Oh no, I'm not implying that at all.  But as David and Chris said, its not "resolved".

I know she's going by the show line, but *ugh*. Chris seems to be planning on dragging this out. He's testing my patience and it's wearing thin.  -_-

It is like a bad joke! I can't believe CC would leave things unresolved between Mulder and Scully hoping for new episodes...what is the likelihood of that?? He can always manufacture new drama for new episodes if it happens, but to leave things open ended is just going to be hugely frustrating for the fans. I think I need to start stocking up on alcohol now...

It is like a bad joke! I can't believe CC would leave things unresolved between Mulder and Scully hoping for new episodes...what is the likelihood of that?? He can always manufacture new drama for new episodes if it happens, but to leave things open ended is just going to be hugely frustrating for the fans. I think I need to start stocking up on alcohol now...

I can. He did the whole 'who's the daddy' bull back in the day. But I hope it isn't a huge cliff. Frustration would be an understatement, especially if it doesn't continue. Not that I really mind though. I would have back in January or so, but after SO much bad news, I couldn't care less. Chris pretty much shot himself in the foot so far. I don't even drink and I was thinking of having a margarita. It's just such a let down.

Any guesses on the new footage coming out tonight during Gotham and Minority Report?

CSM!  Even knowing the spoilers, hearing his voice is cool (although I still only want him to exist in flashback, given he's, you know, very dead).

I have to give 1013/FOX credit; these teasers they're cutting are great about setting the mood.  It just makes me all the more bitter that CC has chosen to go the break-up route; the mysteries are there - and I love the idea of exploring the bullshit that is the government spying on us "to protect us from terrorists" - so there's just no need for the distraction of some ridiculous major relationship drama. 

I'll just never understand it.  The best way to appease both major factions of fans - those who gave up on the stories and just stuck around for the relationship and those who resent the fact M&S ever became lovers and want to get back to aliens and conspiracies - is to just leave the relationship be.  It exists, but it's not a storyline -- we're spending our time with M&S chasing monsters and unlocking cover-ups.  All he's doing is setting up a distraction that is unlikely to make anyone happy.  Asshole.

Because if I didn't know what I know, I'd be all kinds of fired up by these promos. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

Agreed. One of the things I liked most about the original series is that the CC claimed that he never wanted a romantic relationship between the two leads, that their relationship was something deeper than that.  So I was pretty unhappy when the show went there because I felt like he was caving in to the fans, instead of telling the story he had wanted to tell and had originally set up. 

So this news is pretty interesting to me.

Agreed. One of the things I liked most about the original series is that the CC claimed that he never wanted a romantic relationship between the two leads, that their relationship was something deeper than that.  So I was pretty unhappy when the show went there because I felt like he was caving in to the fans, instead of telling the story he had wanted to tell and had originally set up. 

So this news is pretty interesting to me.

Playing a bit of devil's advocate here...

Why should they have to be 'just friends' to have it be something 'special'? Tbh, I kind of find that designation by some folks to be a bit annoying. And as to caving into the fans, I disagree on that. UST can only go so far in the show, and heck even Carter noticed that. Took him forever but he did.

Here's the question and the quote:

Dread Central: The relationship between Mulder and Scully has always been so complicated, even through the second movie. How hard was it balancing out their relationship and keeping true to what’s best for the characters versus what would make the fans happy most (seeing them happy together)?

Chris Carter: You know, we spent so much time and energy keeping them apart; I think that constantly fluctuating dynamic was something the fans really responded to. But then it felt dishonest after all those years that if they were going to still be together that they wouldn’t be together romantically. That’s why we ended up putting them together. And even though we’ve seen them together in bed on the big screen, we really haven’t seen that relationship explored or developed yet so I think there’s room to do that. I do think that we were rewarding expectation by putting Mulder and Scully together though; it would have been ridiculous to keep them apart.

Bolded the important parts. The fact that he mentions that it would have been 'dishonest after all those years that if they were going to still be together that they wouldn’t be together romantically' speaks volumes imo. 

Chris Carter: "Scully loves Mulder, and Mulder loves Scully. It's a wonderful romance. It's just not a sexual romance. It's not a physical romance. It is a caring, tender, respectful relationship. It's an ideal, and I would never want to do anything to threaten it, to change it."

“The X-Files” taunted fans for years with the idea of a romance between intrepid agents Mulder and Scully, played by David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. But the show’s creator, Chris Carter, always strongly felt that the two leads could never be a couple.

“I think they never got closer again than they did in the pilot,” Carter said with a laugh during an appearance at the fourth annual Hero Complex Film Festival, where he and two of the show’s writers, Glen Morgan and Darin Morgan, appeared on stage to celebrate the show’s 20th anniversary.

“I knew they should never be together,” he said. “It was wrong, but in the end, after the show was over, of course, if you saw the second movie you know that they are together.”

I dunno, sounds to me like he regrets them getting together as a couple. 

• Love 1

Gillian seems a little off in that "You're on dangerous ground" scene between M&S. 

Anyway, I hope these trailers aren't all lipstick on a pig, because they do make it look promising.  I just fear once CC got it into his head that this revival was the set-up for a third film (or future episodes), he became like a receiver who turns up field before securing the catch -- you inevitably drop the ball, and that end zone you were thinking about rather than concentrating on the task at hand goes poof.

• Love 1

I dunno, sounds to me like he regrets them getting together as a couple. 

Nah. He's playing both sides tbh imo.

Found his AMA and here's a couple of answers he said:

[–]GetInHere 18 points 1 year ago

Thanks for doing this!

If you had the X Files to do over again, what, if anything, would you change or do differently?

[–]ChrisCarterhere 56 points 1 year ago

I've been asked this question over the years, and I never give it a concrete answer because I like to think we (given the time, money and opportunity) did what we thought was best along the way. That being said, there are two things I would change, but I refuse to reveal them.

[–]stormchasegrl 3 points 1 year ago

I'm sitting in my PhD level climate dynamics class (Thank you, Scully Effect, I'm another byproduct :-)), but I couldn't miss this.

You mentioned in an interview once that you regret Mulder and Scully getting together. I'm just wondering if I'm remembering that wrong. If not, why?

Also, the character Leyla Harrison later in the seried was from a dedicated fanfic writing who died. How did that beautiful honor in her memory come about?

Thank you and hope you pick me to answer! :-)

[–]ChrisCarterhere 7 points 1 year ago

I don't regret getting them together. We hinted strongly that they had gotten together in the series and that it was the most natural thing in the world to hook them up (so to speak) in the second movie. But that said, I think the sexual tension is the same with those characters whether together or apart.

I don't recall exactly. And I think Frank Spotnitz would be better at answering this question. But there were several memorials done during the course of the show. I think most powerfully for me, the one that was for a friend who died in one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center.

Basically the woman asked him about it, and he elaborated. Glad she did tbh. He seemed to be almost backtracking on it, since the answer pretty much contradicts what she read and what you mentioned.

Where did you get the quote from, interview wise? I haven't seen it before.

Just heard Tad... he's definitely a Bill O' Reilly type. 

And I just heard the 'I'm on fire' part... and daaamn O_o. It's bad. Scully sounds like she's screaming and Mulder sounds like he's reading from a teleprompter. XD 

Glad the rest of it isn't like that thankfully though.

There's a new teaser up! Here it is.

A new interview! This one via an Australia talk show. Dean Haglund was talked to and he couldn't say much XD.

He said that he wears a wig.

That M & S may get together (you'll have to listen to it to hear what he says exactly, the dang hosts keep on interrupting him during this part -- darn shippers :p).

And a bit more...

I've been pretty detached about this whole revival since reading the news that M&S had split up - my expectations had lowered to about where they were in 2002 when I popped back in to watch the series finale after bailing on all of S9 (except for the handful of eps referencing Mulder like "William").

But I have to say... that trailer is pretty awesome. Whoever cut that did a terrific job. SO much better than the trailers for IWTB. I'm actually kind of excited again because the trailer makes it seem like this might actually be fun to watch in the spirit of the classic series.

I've been pretty detached about this whole revival since reading the news that M&S had split up - my expectations had lowered to about where they were in 2002 when I popped back in to watch the series finale after bailing on all of S9 (except for the handful of eps referencing Mulder like "William").

But I have to say... that trailer is pretty awesome. Whoever cut that did a terrific job. SO much better than the trailers for IWTB. I'm actually kind of excited again because the trailer makes it seem like this might actually be fun to watch in the spirit of the classic series.

But that's the problem. It's spliced. So we don't know what the scenes will actually be like. Not that it'll be bad, but we don't have the context of them. I agree with you about the step up in trailers though. It was an improvement. But it's a wait and see to see if they can capture the spirit once the show airs. I just hope that things aren't taken all the way back to square one with that. I'd be disappointed, let alone feel rather angry about it.

Gillian seems a little off in that "You're on dangerous ground" scene between M&S. 

Anyway, I hope these trailers aren't all lipstick on a pig, because they do make it look promising.  I just fear once CC got it into his head that this revival was the set-up for a third film (or future episodes), he became like a receiver who turns up field before securing the catch -- you inevitably drop the ball, and that end zone you were thinking about rather than concentrating on the task at hand goes poof.

Yea she kinda does. But tbh I thought she did better in some ways than in IWTB. I remember parts of it where she didn't quite capture Scully. It was ok, but not quite there. And David seemed a bit off (in the promo). Like he was talking to a teleprompter. Heck it cracked me up for what it's worth XD. Better to laugh at it than to be disappointed. 

They are spliced, so I'm hoping that it isn't either. It would be a real let down if it were the case. Exactly. Not too thrilled with some of the news I've heard lately. So I'm really just cautiously hopeful right now and not counting on all that much.

How I feel about CC and about Tad:

tumblr_inline_nvg977pkov1t2yva8_500_zpsf

How I felt about finding out about the little twerp for the first time:

tumblr_mabl59bcNV1qiweal_zpsmu7wy4ph.gif

Kind of worried about Mulder though...

He looks a little O_o in that pic.

tumblr_mj7l7zXgq71s6our6o1_500homerloldi

Came across this tidbit via a Castle interview and thought it seemed similar to something possibly happening with M & S:

Will Beckett be living separately from Castle?

Winter: She will be living somewhere else. She won’t be living in the loft. She’s put space between herself and Castle because she’s trying to protect him. It’s not like she’s out buying new furniture, buying paintings for the wall. … You’ll see in the third episode she announces to Vikram …

a little spoiler alert ... that she wants to get this over as quick as possible because she wants to get back to her husband. It’s about how can we get through this thing and how can we find out what’s really behind all the things that happened in the first two episodes. Beckett is working her tail off to try to get back to Castle.

Sourcehttp://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/castle-bosses-explain-season-8-829206?utm_source=twitter

Tagged the bottom part for people who are watching Castle.

But it reminded me of Mulder possibly telling Scully to move out in order to keep her safe. I wonder if this will be the case. And that he's trying to work to get back to her.

Wow, that's good to hear, since critics stateside who saw episode one a while back were decidedly underwhelmed. 

I'm not thrilled by the reference to Samantha's abduction, since that storyline that tried to eat the show has long since been wrapped up.  But I hope, in general, the storylines are good.

Of course, I'm still highly skeptical of the M/S relationship being written in a way that makes sense given CC's many issues and delusions.  And I'm not getting carried away by one article, period.  But I do hope its positivity is warranted.

• Love 2

I agree, Bastet. Though, the critics who were underwhelmed didn't see the full episode, they just saw one scene (the conversation where Scully says 'you're on fire' that was included in the trailer).

I'll always be super disappointed about the state of MSR in this revival, but I've come to accept it for what it is, and hopefully we'll be able to enjoy everything else.

These French guys are certainly enthusiastic! Which is great...but I hate, hate, hate that Mulder and Scully broke up, and 'ambiguous relationship' aggravates me to no end.  Still, lots of good feedback so hopefully the shows will be worth the aggravation.

• Love 2

These French guys are certainly enthusiastic! Which is great...but I hate, hate, hate that Mulder and Scully broke up, and 'ambiguous relationship' aggravates me to no end.  Still, lots of good feedback so hopefully the shows will be worth the aggravation.

Me too. It just seems like more games. I hope so.

Which is great...but I hate, hate, hate that Mulder and Scully broke up, and 'ambiguous relationship' aggravates me to no end.  Still, lots of good feedback so hopefully the shows will be worth the aggravation.

Well it can't make less sense than in IWTB. It literally took me 2 times watching the movie to get a handle on wth was going on with these two. And it just showed me again that CC shouldn't be allowed to write any XF projects anymore (neither should Spotniz). If Vince was at the helm of any movie or project I would be confident since he understood both characters and their relationship best. But Chris Carter just...urgh.

Not to mention that IWTB didn't make any sense whatsover with how the show ended so the revival can't make less sense than that either. Of course it's CC and knowing him he would probably find a way. Seeing that animation further up about Scully and the constant darkness talk encapsulates everything that confused me in the movie (in regards to both story and characterization) in one scene.

And he already tried the splitting up in the movie (while not making sense whatsoever). These two have been through abductions, deaths, monsters, dead family members, aliens/military/government trying to kill them and being on the run and had been together apparently since then. And they split up over practically nothing in the movie? Seriously CC?

I think I'll wait and see what fans say before I decide to actually watch. After the major disappointment the last Seasons and movie were I don't want anymore crap flung my way. I have for the most part gotten over the disappointment, I don't want to have to start all over again.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 2