Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

Yeah, I think the actors only came back because they wanted to give the fans closure and because they're loyal to each other and Chris. But, Chris seems more desperate to keep things going as this is his only hit and all of his other efforts have been very short lived. If he had gone on to have success like some of the other writers (Vince Gilligan, Howard Gordon, etc.) he would not be into it. I've gotta imagine at this point that he's not hurting for money, even if he never does a single thing again, so I wonder why he's so adamant about it. 6 episodes isn't enough to revive a franchise, but it is enough to close one out. So, I'm not sure he's going to be able to achieve what he wants.

With CSM, I bet you they explain that the CSM we saw melt was actually the alien bounty hunter or something.

Bingo. You hit the nail on the head. The main actors seem (for the most part) to want to move on (even after another series maybe). But Chris... he hasn't had much success and the XF is what he has left. I think he wants to hold onto his one success for as long as he can. <-- (my opinion, nothing personal against Chris)

Maybe.

I swear that the XF is becoming one long bad acid trip O_O.* Said out of frustration, nothing more.

I swear that the XF is becoming one long bad acid trip O_O.

Haha... yes. I'm just glad that I read these spoilers---it's giving me time to prepare myself. I would hate to tune in unspoiled and then watch Scully and Tad drink champagne in a limo. 

• Love 1

Haha... yes. I'm just glad that I read these spoilers---it's giving me time to prepare myself. I would hate to tune in unspoiled and then watch Scully and Tad drink champagne in a limo. 

Same here. Lmao XD. This is some inferior champagne that we'll be swilling come January (said out of frustration, nothing more) and at least we all have good company ( you guys are great, I swear -- you all help to keep the sanity and keep things level :) ). I really hope that some of this isn't true. Or at least aren't what they seem.

That Maria chick pretty much confirmed that they're apart. So at least that part is legit. But I wonder (even though she read the entire script) if there were any scenes kept from people? MSR related ones. There's some bits of this that still don't jibe. They don't make any sense. It's like he's trying to reset up an All Things kind of scenario.

As in... you know O_O. And for Chris... shit. Never thought he might actually go there. But frankly, tbh... too little, too late. <-- (my opinion, nothing personal against Chris) Especially with the dating thing. She did that before... back before Mulder. It doesn't make any sense. Unless it was something really bad that drove her from him. But still, I'm having one heck of a time trying to reconcile it.

I've stopped trying to come up with character rationalizations for these spoilers. I just see it as "CC wants this to be part of the plot, so it is."   

And yeah, I'm really happy that there's so much fan discussion going on. :) I "joined" the X-Files fandom about four years ago, but almost every board I found was dead. Now there's people talking about it everywhere and it's great. 

I've stopped trying to come up with character rationalizations for these spoilers. I just see it as "CC wants this to be part of the plot, so it is."   

And yeah, I'm really happy that there's so much fan discussion going on. :) I "joined" the X-Files fandom about four years ago, but almost every board I found was dead. Now there's people talking about it everywhere and it's great.

Yea I have too for the most part.

So am I. Been a part of the online fandom since 08' and the overall fandom since 95'. It's been crazy. Yep. There would be some talk, but not a ton. Definitely, with the exception strangely enough being XFN's forums. They haven't been that busy.

• Love 1

Pretty much. Which is too bad, because the strength of the show was its strong characters. The moments when they act out of character in order to drive the plot are the weakest points of the series (all of season 8). But, I still don't believe all the spoilers, and I'm holding out hope that Chris will do justice for Mulder and Scully, even if they don't start out the series together, which I can begrudgingly accept if it's a compelling story.

On another note, what do you all think about the fact that only the first and last episodes are going to by mytharc? It doesn't really leave a lot time to address what happened with colonization and also set up the new twist on the mythology that could potentially carry it over to another series/movie. I'm not really bothered by that, though, because I'm kind of okay with just a surface level explanation of this aspect as long as it's entertaining to watch. That's how I've approached the mythology after season 6.

Pretty much. Which is too bad, because the strength of the show was its strong characters. The moments when they act out of character in order to drive the plot are the weakest points of the series (all of season 8). But, I still don't believe all the spoilers, and I'm holding out hope that Chris will do justice for Mulder and Scully, even if they don't start out the series together, which I can begrudgingly accept if it's a compelling story.

On another note, what do you all think about the fact that only the first and last episodes are going to by mytharc? It doesn't really leave a lot time to address what happened with colonization and also set up the new twist on the mythology that could potentially carry it over to another series/movie. I'm not really bothered by that, though, because I'm kind of okay with just a surface level explanation of this aspect as long as it's entertaining to watch. That's how I've approached the mythology after season 6.

Yep. And it's pretty much imo one of Chris's modus operendi. He's never seemed to be a good writer. He's run hot and cold. <-- (my opinion, nothing personal against Chris) I hope so, I truly do. I'll be trying. As long as Tad dies a REALLY painful death :D.* And no I'm not meaning that in a mean way... I'm just frustrated -_-.

I was hoping it would have been 3 and 3. But meh... I don't think anything will be solved. They'll be running around in circles as always. :\

As long as Tad dies a REALLY painful death :D.

Haha, I actually don't want him to die. Too many people associated with M&S die. And if Scully really did date him and he's trying to rekindle, I want her to definitively choose Mulder over him rather than him dying and making the choice for her. I didn't like that about the Diana storyline.

It would be good if Tad was another Pendrell type character. This would make his potential interest in Scully cute and benign.

Haha, I actually don't want him to die. Too many people associated with M&S die. And if Scully really did date him and he's trying to rekindle, I want her to definitively choose Mulder over him rather than him dying and making the choice for her. I didn't like that about the Diana storyline.

It would be good if Tad was another Pendrell type character. This would make his potential interest in Scully cute and benign.

Fair point. But I STILL don't like him. Word. RIGHT in front of the little TOAD. Let him know that it's OVER.* Again frustration, nothing more.

Maybe.

I'm not sure. If the spoilers are true (the William discussion in the second episode, for example) it sounds like they're going to intersperse bits of the mythology into the MOTW episodes. I think that's a good idea, and probably necessary since they only have six episodes. 

• Love 2

But, I still don't believe all the spoilers, and I'm holding out hope that Chris will do justice for Mulder and Scully, even if they don't start out the series together, which I can begrudgingly accept if it's a compelling story.

This is exactly how I feel. I am also giving CC the benefit of the doubt that he knows how much the fans love the MSR and will do it justice, and that maybe breaking them up at the beginning is just to reward us with some great making-up scenes later.  However, this is the man who disappointed me so much in season 8 (the MSR momentum built up during TINH and Dead/Alive came to a screeching halt in Three Words just so we would be left wondering who the baby daddy was - maybe that is his one regret?) so I'm being VERY cautiously optimistic!

• Love 2

This is exactly how I feel. I am also giving CC the benefit of the doubt that he knows how much the fans love the MSR and will do it justice, and that maybe breaking them up at the beginning is just to reward us with some great making-up scenes later.  However, this is the man who disappointed me so much in season 8 (the MSR momentum built up during TINH and Dead/Alive came to a screeching halt in Three Words just so we would be left wondering who the baby daddy was - maybe that is his one regret?) so I'm being VERY cautiously optimistic!

That's where I'm at too. I'm giving him some what of a benefit of a doubt, but he's still who he is. So I'm very cautiously optimistic. And honestly this reminds me of All Things in a way... like he's trying to make up for being so implied in regards to their relationship. I only hope it isn't at a high cost. It would be a damn shame.

And just came across this via Perplexistan via a random anon:

The laughter from the audience and stony silence from Chris was AWKWARD when he said they never explained how Mulder and Scully came to have a child together. And then he said "I'm not sure we will explain how that happened." But we won't ignore that fact and we will explore that fact. Whaaaaat? So we'll still never know if William was a scientific experiment or if he was conceived naturally? Don't think we'll ever SEE William but I think he'll just touch on M/S feelings on it now as in IWTB...

Source: perplexistan.tumblr.com

I hope it's just in regards to getting it resolved... but I'm really unsure at this point.

New poster but long-time fan. Was really hopeful that CC had matured and decided that M&S would develop but sounds like it's the old triangle storyline. I inderstand the need to get new viewers but these relationship games are so not the Mulder/Scully dynamicof the series.

As for the kid, wasn't the end scene of Existence the answer? "the truth we both know-*kiss*. Naming him after Mulders father instead of hers, etc. This is bringing up ugly flashbacks of the useless Fowl One character.

Only way I can be okay with all this is if they resurrect the Lone Gunmen. Since Geeky is Cool now, I could see them having a cult-like following. Rather have them back instead of the quite Vader-like CSM.

I think I'm going in with low expectations.

• Love 1

New poster but long-time fan. Was really hopeful that CC had matured and decided that M&S would develop but sounds like it's the old triangle storyline. I inderstand the need to get new viewers but these relationship games are so not the Mulder/Scully dynamicof the series.

As for the kid, wasn't the end scene of Existence the answer? "the truth we both know-*kiss*. Naming him after Mulders father instead of hers, etc. This is bringing up ugly flashbacks of the useless Fowl One character.

Only way I can be okay with all this is if they resurrect the Lone Gunmen. Since Geeky is Cool now, I could see them having a cult-like following. Rather have them back instead of the quite Vader-like CSM.

Welcome!

Yea I feel similarly about it tbh. Exactly.

Definitely. I think... that maybe Chris regrets not exploring the relationship in a less overt way. Again, just a guess. But that's my best take on it. Word. I remember that plot line. And I hope that this won't be anything like it.

Agreed. They're both supposed to be back. But I don't see how a resurrected CSM makes any real sense. *shrug*

That's pretty much me too.

I don't even understand why Mulder/Scully relationship drama would attract new viewers. New viewers will tune in because of the show's reputation as great scifi, not because it's Grey's Anatomy set at the FBI. Most of the new fans who have been introduced to the show through netflix are as invested in M&S as the old fans were.

Yeah, I never really believed that there was even a question about where William came from. I'll admit I don't remember season 8 well, so I could be really wrong, but I always thought that Scully would be a lot more concerned/traumatized and trying to find out what happened if she thought she might be pregnant with anything other than a naturally conceived Mulder baby.

Chris said that we would see the Lone Gunmen in a way we never have before. Right now, I'm thinking that you're right, they do have some sort of cult following. I also think that Tad might be part of that following as he runs an internet news site, which seems like something the Gunmen would do if they had a chance to modernize their publication.

• Love 1

I don't even understand why Mulder/Scully relationship drama would attract new viewers. New viewers will tune in because of the show's reputation as great scifi, not because it's Grey's Anatomy set at the FBI. Most of the new fans who have been introduced to the show through netflix are as invested in M&S as the old fans were.

Yeah, I never really believed that there was even a question about where William came from. I'll admit I don't remember season 8 well, so I could be really wrong, but I always thought that Scully would be a lot more concerned/traumatized and trying to find out what happened if she thought she might be pregnant with anything other than a naturally conceived Mulder baby.

Chris said that we would see the Lone Gunmen in a way we never have before. Right now, I'm thinking that you're right, they do have some sort of cult following. I also think that Tad might be part of that following as he runs an internet news site, which seems like something the Gunmen would do if they had a chance to modernize their publication.

Exactly. That's how I felt about Scully at that time too tbh. It makes no sense that it would have occurred any other way.

Ooh interesting theory! That's one I wouldn't mind seeing.

(edited)

I think this article has been posted before, but it has some interesting stuff.

This six-episode long journey back into the world of The X-Files will begin production later this summer. The plot of the series is still being kept under wraps, but Carter did tease that the episodes will be connected.

“Per X-Files tradition, the six episodes will blend ‘ongoing Mulder and Scully conspiracy saga’ with ‘standalone episodes,'” says Carter, adding, “It will all be of a piece, meaning that it won’t feel disconnected.”

It was also revealed that fans may see the return of the Lone Gunmen. Mulder looked to these geeky sidekicks whenever he needed outside expertise, and Carter teased that there is a “big chance” that fans will see them helping Mulder out once again on the revival.

It was posted on April 29th. I didn't know that the return of The Lone Gunmen was confirmed that early on.

Edited by Hidebehind
  • Love 2

Definitely. I think... that maybe Chris regrets not exploring the relationship in a less overt way. Again, just a guess. But that's my best take on it. Word. I remember that plot line. And I hope that this won't be anything like it.

I don't think Chris regrets this. He's said that he thinks the mystery is what people loved about the relationship; the ambiguity about if they're going to get together, if they did get together, etc. I think he loves to keep his audience guessing, and he doesn't want to have to write explicit romance. Also, I don't think he planned for it to be like that. they basically had to make it just an implied relationship because David left the show before the could develop it explicitly, so they had to add in subtext within some episodes so the season finale bombshell would at least make some sense to people who had been paying attention.

I think what Chris regrets is the William storyline, and that's why he got rid of him. I don't think he realized how much the fans would hate that, because the fans hated the baby storyline to begin with. He probably thought they'd be happy to see the baby gone. He's said that they got rid of William because he would be a detriment to a potential movie franchise, but ironically, they are still expected to account for William, but now in a much more difficult and less satisfying way.

At least, that's what I would regret most if I were Chris. That, or killing off the Gunmen for no good reason.

• Love 2

I don't think Chris regrets this. He's said that he thinks the mystery is what people loved about the relationship; the ambiguity about if they're going to get together, if they did get together, etc. I think he loves to keep his audience guessing, and he doesn't want to have to write explicit romance. Also, I don't think he planned for it to be like that. they basically had to make it just an implied relationship because David left the show before the could develop it explicitly, so they had to add in subtext within some episodes so the season finale bombshell would at least make some sense to people who had been paying attention.

I think what Chris regrets is the William storyline, and that's why he got rid of him. I don't think he realized how much the fans would hate that, because the fans hated the baby storyline to begin with. He probably thought they'd be happy to see the baby gone. He's said that they got rid of William because he would be a detriment to a potential movie franchise, but ironically, they are still expected to account for William, but now in a much more difficult and less satisfying way.

At least, that's what I would regret most if I were Chris. That, or killing off the Gunmen for no good reason.

Yea that's what I figure as well, my other guess aside. It's rather past being a mystery now though. We don't need to see anything per say, but having things be so implied hurts it too in a way. Ironically enough. Ah, good point. Probably.

Maybe. And it kind of backfired, like you said. I hope that he isn't retconned or they have Scully and Mulder regret having him in the first place. That would be out and out depressing.

Word. Killing the Lone Gunmen made absolutely no sense.

Yeah, I'd regret killing off beloved characters in a mean-spirited huff because viewers dared not to enjoy my inferior spin-off. 

Yes, it was a mean-spirited huff, there's no other explanation. It made no sense! If he wanted to go for the emotional gravitas, it would have worked better if he killed off only 1 of them. It would still be sad and he'd still have the other 2 to properly mourn the death and to continue on in future installments. Ugh! The writers made so many bad decisions those last 2 years. And I actually liked the spin-off! 

I wish CC would just leave The MSR alone. While he can be a good writer the man has some issues with women and religion. Either a woman is a vixen, manipulative type, like Fowl One or Phoebe or she's a Virgin Mary type-Scully even the mothers are polar opposites. Tina Mulder was a cold unfeeling mom while Mrs Scully is the mom everyone wants. There's no middle ground. Ugh, the Madonna= Scully aspect still bugs me.

I think CC's biggest flaw was that he never plotted out the show unlike JK Rowling who had her plot points in advanced. The myth arc began to feel like writers smoking some weed in the backroom while brainstorm. Rebel aliens who have their eyes sewn shut and set fire to friends of the blackoil aliens? Yeah why not.. And never mention them again after two episodes. Things seemed to go out of control. I really don't think men writing pregnant characters realize the impact a baby will have on the show.

I think the best way for the baby issue to end is that if William finds Scully through social media and let her know he's had a happy life on the ranch with his adopted parents and doesn't resent her for giving him up. It's ties up the story neatly while leaving open the possibility for a meeting someday.

• Love 4

I wish CC would just leave The MSR alone. While he can be a good writer the man has some issues with women and religion. Either a woman is a vixen, manipulative type, like Fowl One or Phoebe or she's a Virgin Mary type-Scully even the mothers are polar opposites. Tina Mulder was a cold unfeeling mom while Mrs Scully is the mom everyone wants. There's no middle ground. Ugh, the Madonna= Scully aspect still bugs me.

I think CC's biggest flaw was that he never plotted out the show unlike JK Rowling who had her plot points in advanced. The myth arc began to feel like writers smoking some weed in the backroom while brainstorm. Rebel aliens who have their eyes sewn shut and set fire to friends of the blackoil aliens? Yeah why not.. And never mention them again after two episodes. Things seemed to go out of control. I really don't think men writing pregnant characters realize the impact a baby will have on the show.

I think the best way for the baby issue to end is that if William finds Scully through social media and let her know he's had a happy life on the ranch with his adopted parents and doesn't resent her for giving him up. It's ties up the story neatly while leaving open the possibility for a meeting someday.

Word on that. It never made any sense to me on that front. Ever. 

Good point! Yea I never fully understood it tbh.

That's a cool idea! :)

Agreed with everything you said, Tardislass. Your idea for William seems like the best idea to me, though I know there are other people who want him to be reunited in a more meaningful way. 

I hope that the fact that TV has become more mature and audiences now expect more cohesive stories and fleshed out characters makes him pay more attention to continuity and allows him to move beyond character and gender tropes.

• Love 1

Agreed with everything you said, Tardislass. Your idea for William seems like the best idea to me, though I know there are other people who want him to be reunited in a more meaningful way. 

I hope that the fact that TV has become more mature and audiences now expect more cohesive stories and fleshed out characters makes him pay more attention to continuity and allows him to move beyond character and gender tropes.

Exactly, M.F.. And the problem though? It seems as if they still want to go without said show bible. I hope that they do that, but I'm not counting on it.

(edited)

https://instagram.com/tiny.xfiles/

Here's a few pictures from yesterday's filming. I don't think GA was on the set.

Spoilers for the third episode.

As I suspected, it seems to be almost identical to the plot of "The M Word."

The script begins with a full moon, a pair of stoned kids, on a mountain trail, are talking about Werewolves, when upon hearing a scream, they find a Park Ranger being attacked by something that can’t be described. After the creature escapes, the kids and the ranger discover a body that’s half devoured.

Edited by Hidebehind

Detour and Quagmire are two of my favorite episodes, so needless to say I'm pretty excited. Glen Morgan is teasing people again on Twitter, too, so I'm gonna assume he's not mean enough to do so unless things are actually going well between Mulder and Scully.

Detour and Quagmire are two of my favorite episodes, so needless to say I'm pretty excited. Glen Morgan is teasing people again on Twitter, too, so I'm gonna assume he's not mean enough to do so unless things are actually going well between Mulder and Scully.

Ooh nice. Hopefully. And he was the one who joked about a 43 minute make out scene lol. So I figure maybe he's changed since back in the day? Here's to hoping :).

• Love 1

Here's some more spoilers by danax6

Originally Posted by danax6  
Let me try to shed some light (or maybe more confusion) on some of these things. According to my source Mulder's focus/obsession had shifted from aliens/colonization to NSA/Snowden/Big Brother stuff.

Also, there is no explanation for why they separated in thr first two scripts. There is also no explanation for why they are with the FBI in the second episode. I was told it will probably be explained in a flashback down the line, since they do love their flashbacks. Lots of them in the first two scripts.

My personal theory is still that the only reason Mulder gets involved with this Tad dude is because his story of Sveta reminds him of Scully's experiences.

(edited)

I think there's two possible explanations...

1) Her source is lying

2) There's unscripted scenes that elaborate on Mulder and Scully's relationship and their reasons for going back to the FBI

I don't see how they could ignore those two gigantic elephants in the room.  

Also, if Mulder doesn't care about aliens anymore, what's up with this stuff in the EW article?

"There's a theme here on this wall, a UFO/extraterrestrial theme. This is the accumulation of a man's obsession."
A chart of UFO sightings, of course. (That's a lot of probing.)

Edited by Hidebehind

I think there's two possible explanations...

1) Her source is lying

2) There's unscripted scenes that elaborate on Mulder and Scully's relationship and their reasons for going back to the FBI

I don't see how they could ignore those two gigantic elephants in the room.  

Also, if Mulder doesn't care about aliens anymore, what's up with this stuff in the EW article?

Yep.

Supposedly Chris said that it'll explained in the first episode.

It's most likely misdirection.

And on a woah note...

Just found an awesome tribute to Kim Manners via lindsayleephotog's Tumblr blog.

It's SO beautiful. Such a wonderful tribute.

At least it makes some sense as to why they separated. Mulder being involved in that would put both of them at risk. And I'd doubt that he'd ever want her to get hurt.

That would offend me into a cardiac event.  She's been at risk for eons, by her own choice.  Of all the things Mulder should have learned long before now, it's that she doesn't need him leaving her for her own protection.

I don't know if it will be a central storyline, but they pretty much have to make reference to all the new ways the government is spying on us (at least those we know of).

That would offend me into a cardiac event.  She's been at risk for eons, by her own choice.  Of all the things Mulder should have learned long before now, it's that she doesn't need him leaving her for her own protection.

I don't know if it will be a central storyline, but they pretty much have to make reference to all the new ways the government is spying on us (at least those we know of).

Fair point. But... at least it would be better in some ways than her and Tad.

Exactly. But to be fair, isn't that what anyone involved in a relationship would do (at least up to a point)? They don't want to see their own family get hurt. Yes they can take care of themselves, but tbh, they shouldn't be alone in that matter either. There has to be a DAMN good reason for Mulder to possibly be doing something like this.

Yep.

Biggest irony of all... guess who's been around the only positive one this round? Chris, of all people! He's playing good cop (at least in part).

*He said (nodded yes) that they'll be getting romantic. (Breakfast Television)

*And he said that Mulder's porn habit is in check. (Entertainment Weekly)

*He also said that their relationship has 'matured and evolved'. (Winnepeg Free Press)

Three positive things. And all things having to do with their relationship in some way, shape or form.

(edited)

I need to stop reading these spoilers.  Every one makes me want to see this revival less and less.   I feel like he is trying to recapture their chemistry by breaking them up and then making us watch all six to see if they get back together.  Stupid man...their chemistry is always off the charts.  I don't need to see them in bed but I don't need to see them on the outs either.

Edited by Mama No Life

Actually danax6's source saying neither the split or going back to the FBI are explained is actually a good sign to me -- makes me think there are definitely pages / scenes being left out, maybe just between DD and GA.  There's no way these things won't be explained.

• Love 2

Actually danax6's source saying neither the split or going back to the FBI are explained is actually a good sign to me -- makes me think there are definitely pages / scenes being left out, maybe just between DD and GA.  There's no way these things won't be explained.

Exactly. That's what I was thinking too tbh.

Wasn't the bedroom scene in IWTB unscripted? CC loves big reveals.  

I think so. I'll have to listen to the commentary of it to be sure on that though. 

I need to stop reading these spoilers.  Every one makes me want to see this revival less and less.   I feel like he is trying to recapture their chemistry by breaking them up and then making us watch all six to see if they get back together.  Stupid man...their chemistry is always off the charts.  I don't need to see them in bed but I don't need to see them on the outs either.

I don't necessarily think that he's going to be doing the obvious this route.

But... I do hope that he DOESN'T go the route that you mentioned. How many people will still be around if he does? People only have so much patience.

I don't either, but given these spoilers (at least in part), I wouldn't turn a scene like that down lol.

I didnt know that about the bedroom scene in IWTB being unscripted.  Maybe you guys are right.  This whole mess just brings up so many years of being yanked around by him, lol.....

Yea I know lol. It's fricken weird seeing him possibly play the good cop! Anyone remember him leak any positive information around IWTB? I don't really remember any.

(edited)

Yes, if I recall, the bedroom scene in IWTB, the pregnancy reveal in Requiem and the last scene of Existence were all very tightly guarded and no one knew about them beforehand (until the day the episodes aired when people used to get an early feed). So I am sure there is something that is being kept secret here, especially if the major questions are not answered in the current script.

Honestly, anything they would break up over seems like conflicts we've seen them have - and resolve - before, which is why everyone seems to be having such a hard time with it. Like, OK, Mulder gets super obsessive. He's always been that way. There has to be something big. And yet, I still think that whatever the big thing is, CC and team will want to preserve the integrity of the MSR, as it is at the core of the show, and is setting into a motion some kind of story where they are reunited. This is speculation but think it tracks with the kind of storytelling 1013 does - the characters and their bond are at the heart of everything.

Edited by Carrie123

Yes, if I recall, the bedroom scene in IWTB, the pregnancy reveal in Requiem and the last scene of Existence were all very tightly guarded and no one knew about them beforehand (until the day the episodes aired when people used to get an early feed). So I am sure there is something that is being kept secret here, especially if the major questions are not answered in the current script.

Honestly, anything they would break up over seems like conflicts we've seen them have - and resolve - before, which is why everyone seems to be having such a hard time with it. Like, OK, Mulder gets super obsessive. He's always been that way. There has to be something big. And yet, I still think that whatever the big thing is, CC and team will want to preserve the integrity of the MSR, as it is at the core of the show, and is setting into a motion some kind of story where they are reunited. This is speculation but think it tracks with the kind of storytelling 1013 does - the characters and their bond are at the heart of everything.

Exactly.

And I just remembered something. The bed scene was leaked last time. Around the time the movie was coming out iirc. I'll have to check and see if I can find it. I think it was via Haven.

And I just found the old TV guide scans!

coverresized.jpg

page1-2resized.jpg

page3resized.jpg

page4resized.jpg

page5resized.jpg

Under a cut since the pics are big!

Check out the 5 questions with Chris Carter section. It mentions something about using propaganda.

I just looked at some of Danax8's posts and it seems the bedroom scene was in the script. Agh... but it doesn't mean there won't be unscripted scenes in the revival. As Carrie123 said, I think it's a really good sign that these important clarifications are missing.  

I just looked at some of Danax8's posts and it seems the bedroom scene was in the script. Agh... but it doesn't mean there won't be unscripted scenes in the revival. As Carrie123 said, I think it's a really good sign that these important clarifications are missing.  

The Requiem and Existence scenes DEFINITELY weren't spoiled though. I remember that everyone in the fan base was super concerned with how Existence would end and remember no one had a clue until the day it aired.