Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

I think I would have liked the relationship tension in IWTB more if the roles had been reversed. I definitely prefer Scully being the invested one while Mulder is more wallowing in the "darkness". I think it fits their characters more, since Scully has always been the one to push past her personal problems to continue the work (returning to work after her abduction, continuing through her cancer and Emily, refusing to go with Mulder and Diana to save themselves at the expense of the world in Two Fathers/One Son). Mulder has been more tempted to let go of the work (aforementioned Diana thing, contemplating suicide in Biogenisis, the whole dream sequence in Amor Fati). 

Characterizing Scully as wanting to give up and live in denial is such a disservice to her character which already gets a lot of criticism due to her seemingly illogical skepticism. This revival seems like it's going to continue this characterization, but I hope it doesn't last too long and she becomes fully invested quickly. Mulder gets too much of the glory.

• Love 1

I actually understood Scully for the most part in the movie. The whole William thing completely broke her. And I think being on the run and then settling down and being able to breath and reflect for the first time in years probably didn't help the situation. That part of her character I understood. Where I had problems with her characterization ties in directly with the fact that CC completely ignored how the show ended and most things in the movie don't make sense as a result. Scully kept talking about the darkness and not wanting any part of it and I literally had a running commentary in my head every time she did: ' What the hell is wrong with you? Come 2012 it's lights out for EVERYONE!!!' So Scully just didn't want any darkness till the world ended? The hell?

Just like it made no sense that they would let Mulder anywhere near the FBI. Did CC forget that the FBI and every other governmental agency was run by aliens as the show ended? Last thing they would want is Mulder to get his groove back and try mess up their plans again. Just like apparently Mulder and Scully have made no preperation whatsoever for the upcoming apocalypse. When did they become quitters? I could go on and on about all the crap that didn't make sense in that movie.

• Love 2

I think I would have liked the relationship tension in IWTB more if the roles had been reversed. I definitely prefer Scully being the invested one while Mulder is more wallowing in the "darkness". I think it fits their characters more, since Scully has always been the one to push past her personal problems to continue the work (returning to work after her abduction, continuing through her cancer and Emily, refusing to go with Mulder and Diana to save themselves at the expense of the world in Two Fathers/One Son). Mulder has been more tempted to let go of the work (aforementioned Diana thing, contemplating suicide in Biogenisis, the whole dream sequence in Amor Fati). 

Characterizing Scully as wanting to give up and live in denial is such a disservice to her character which already gets a lot of criticism due to her seemingly illogical skepticism. This revival seems like it's going to continue this characterization, but I hope it doesn't last too long and she becomes fully invested quickly. Mulder gets too much of the glory.

I think it's the opposite tbh. It's been Scully, Scully, Scully since s8. Whiny Scully, Darkness Scully... frankly it's annoying. I know it's on the writers, but it gets very old.

Mulder has been getting the short end of the stick imo.

I actually understood Scully for the most part in the movie. The whole William thing completely broke her. And I think being on the run and then settling down and being able to breath and reflect for the first time in years probably didn't help the situation. That part of her character I understood. Where I had problems with her characterization ties in directly with the fact that CC completely ignored how the show ended and most things in the movie don't make sense as a result. Scully kept talking about the darkness and not wanting any part of it and I literally had a running commentary in my head every time she did: ' What the hell is wrong with you? Come 2012 it's lights out for EVERYONE!!!' So Scully just didn't want any darkness till the world ended? The hell?

Just like it made no sense that they would let Mulder anywhere near the FBI. Did CC forget that the FBI and every other governmental agency was run by aliens as the show ended? Last thing they would want is Mulder to get his groove back and try mess up their plans again. Just like apparently Mulder and Scully have made no preperation whatsoever for the upcoming apocalypse. When did they become quitters? I could go on and on about all the crap that didn't make sense in that movie.

Well said!

Exactly it makes no sense.

I think it's the opposite tbh. It's been Scully, Scully, Scully since s8. Whiny Scully, Darkness Scully... frankly it's annoying. I know it's on the writers, but it gets very old.

Well, that's pretty much what I'm saying. I didn't like Scully's characterization in IWTB or the last 2 seasons because I think it doesn't fit her and it goes against who she was in seasons 1-7 which I consider the real Scully. Honestly, Scully has a right to be whiny if she wants to be because she has lost so much in her life without getting much in return. That was as true in season 5 as it was in season 8, yet she remained steadfast until season 8 when it served the writers to change who she was. 

That's why I'm saying I would have preferred IWTB to showcase who the characters were in seasons 1-7. Mulder has always been the believer, but Scully has been the fighter. Basically, Mulder's dream sequence in Amor Fati is how I see the characters. Mulder is burdened by his quest and dreams of being able to let it go and live a normal life, Scully sometimes has these same feelings, but her actions have always been to stay in the fight until the end. 

Of course, a lot of people would disagree with me, but that's the dynamic that I like between the characters and I think Scully needs to be portrayed that way so that she isn't completely useless to the quest. If she's the non-believer and the one who wants to give up, why does Mulder repeatedly say things like "I need you on this" or "I can't do this without you". 

• Love 1

Spoilers from the NYCC XF panel:

Wow. I don't what to think. I'm majorly bummed right now.

Here's what's come out:

Scully left Mulder after she diagnosed him with depression and it was too much for them to handle apparently. <-- This is SO lame and pathetic. She wouldn't have ever given up on him and he wouldn't have given up either.

Ummmm…
Skinner texts! Also the limo scene was in the ep. Mulder and Scully definitely estranged. <-- SO ticked right now. 

Tad is interested in Scully. Go Kumail... for bringing up Mulder wanting to stab him.

Chris said it was a conscious decision. *ugh* Go away you bee!

Oh boy... just found a bombshell. Here it is.

Going by Mulder's possible 'for better or for worse' dig, sounds like they were and or are married. Meaning she split from him for safety reasons. Not sure if they're divorced or not.

Source: contradiction-to-nature, via tumblr

Holy shit... woah, looks like it's legit. Here's an interview via David from the Comic Con.

Source: ign.com

• Love 1
Scully left Mulder after she diagnosed him with depression and it was too much for them to handle apparently. <-- This is SO lame and pathetic. She wouldn't have ever given up on him and he wouldn't have given up either.

Whaaaa? So Scully stood by Mulder through 'Demons' type behaviour and all the other batshit crazy phases he went through but a bout of depression is too much to handle for her. Who ARE these people? They sure aren't Mulder and Scully. And CC seriously expects me to believe Mulder never went through a depression phase when living in isolaton (IWTB). Well they have split up for lamer reasons before, see IWTB.

But my God CC you should leave the writing of their relationship to anyone other than you (and Spotniz). Why did CC never go to therapy himself in all these years where some professional might have been able to help him overcome his serious and obvious issues with adult relationships.

• Love 1

Whaaaa? So Scully stood by Mulder through 'Demons' type behaviour and all the other batshit crazy phases he went through but a bout of depression is too much to handle for her. Who ARE these people? They sure aren't Mulder and Scully. And CC seriously expects me to believe Mulder never went through a depression phase when living in isolaton (IWTB). Well they have split up for lamer reasons before, see IWTB.

It's conceivable to me that something like the NSA revelations over the past few years could be a catalyst into some serious depressed, paranoid Mulder for a state of years that even Scully couldn't handle.  I'm curious to see what their explanation is. There is a poster on the IMDB boards who loved it and is raving about the episode.

Side note: DD looks handsome as hell in that interview. 

But my God CC you should leave the writing of their relationship to anyone other than you (and Spotniz). Why did CC never go to therapy himself in all these years where some professional might have been able to help him overcome his serious and obvious issues with adult relationships.

I know. And that wasn't even a true split. This is effed up. But to play devil's advocate, there is more to it than just depression. So I'm wait and see on it.

Any thoughts on the marriage thing? Damn. I'm still floored by it for what it's worth. Not sure how else it'll come into play, but it definitely makes things more complicated.

Just deleted your extra post, btw.

It's conceivable to me that something like the NSA revelations over the past few years could be a catalyst into some serious depressed, paranoid Mulder for a state of years that even Scully couldn't handle.  I'm curious to see what their explanation is. There is a poster on the IMDB boards who loved it and is raving about the episode.

Side note: DD looks handsome as hell in that interview. 

Maybe. I'm hoping things work out though.

Definitely.

I don't automatically have a problem with them being separated, I just have a problem believing CC will write or even conceptualize it in a way that makes sense -- I think he just wanted to hit a reset button and go back to the original dynamic rather than continuing to write them in a long-term relationship and that's all the thought he gave to it.  Which is pretty much destined to result in Scully looking bad.  And if he does the same reset by turning her into the perpetual skeptic to Mulder's believer, she'll look even more ridiculous.

• Love 1

I don't automatically have a problem with them being separated, I just have a problem believing CC will write or even conceptualize it in a way that makes sense -- I think he just wanted to hit a reset button and go back to the original dynamic rather than continuing to write them in a long-term relationship and that's all the thought he gave to it.  Which is pretty much destined to result in Scully looking bad.  And if he does the same reset by turning her into the perpetual skeptic to Mulder's believer, she'll look even more ridiculous.

Fair point. That's kind of where I'm at too, and tbh they both seem to be getting a raw deal here.

• Love 1

LOL. Wth is going on? So they got married after IWTB yet they didn't between the end of the show and IWTB? And at some point they seperated but didn't divorce (since he said wife not ex-wife)? And Scully is getting cozy with another guy?

If CC's goal was to reset their relationship to prior of them hooking up so as to take the focus off the romance he's doing a piss poor job. This is just crazy.

I find THIS review interesting. And here is another one who felt MEH about it.

Edited by Smad

Hey guys. Sorry for my english, i'am not that good.

Look, be positive. 95% review is positive. Remember when film come out and 95% review negative or meh.

Look this http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/10/the-x-files-debuts-stellar-new-episode-and-makes-us-want-to-believe-again.htmland this http://observer.com/2015/10/the-x-files-what-we-learned-from-chris-carter-david-duchovny-and-mitch-pileggi/ and this http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-x-files-season-10-premiere-review/ and this http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/10/10/x-files-chris-carter-david-duchovny-new-york-comic-con/73732430/ and this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/11922976/The-X-Files-first-look-review-A-fresh-take-on-this-classic-really-is-out-there.html and this http://www.mtv.com/news/2345770/the-x-files-new-episode/

Look at Cannes and reactions. 99% positive. Tv critic said is amazing. Overall, reviews/reactions is great.

My point si that even best episodes like Bad Blood or Jose Chung have negative review. Some people think that this episodes is overrated.

It will be great. Biggest mystery to me is episode 5 by James Wong. Why? Because everbody talking about Chris, Glen and Darin episodes but not Wong episode. Episode name is Founder's Mutation and nobody talking about it. Not on twiter or facebook. Where si James Wong, why not one single text said to?

Again, sorry for my english :(

• Love 3

Hey guys. Sorry for my english, i'am not that good.

Look, be positive. 95% review is positive. Remember when film come out and 95% review negative or meh.

Look this http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/10/the-x-files-debuts-stellar-new-episode-and-makes-us-want-to-believe-again.htmland this http://observer.com/2015/10/the-x-files-what-we-learned-from-chris-carter-david-duchovny-and-mitch-pileggi/ and this http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-x-files-season-10-premiere-review/ and this http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/10/10/x-files-chris-carter-david-duchovny-new-york-comic-con/73732430/ and this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/11922976/The-X-Files-first-look-review-A-fresh-take-on-this-classic-really-is-out-there.html and this http://www.mtv.com/news/2345770/the-x-files-new-episode/

Look at Cannes and reactions. 99% positive. Tv critic said is amazing. Overall, reviews/reactions is great.

My point si that even best episodes like Bad Blood or Jose Chung have negative review. Some people think that this episodes is overrated.

It will be great. Biggest mystery to me is episode 5 by James Wong. Why? Because everbody talking about Chris, Glen and Darin episodes but not Wong episode. Episode name is Founder's Mutation and nobody talking about it. Not on twiter or facebook. Where si James Wong, why not one single text said to?

Again, sorry for my english :(

Thanks for posting these links, Margaret.

From what I can tell, with few exceptions, the response seems to be overwhelmingly positive, from all facets of viewership.  January can't get here soon enough!

Nope. Nope, nope, nope.

I could take underwhelming MOTW and plots-there were a few in the original run. I could take nonsensical alien conspiracies -there were a lot in the original run.

I could take dated writing, pacing and directing -considering TV changed a lot since the show went off the air, it's a risk.

I'm not happy at all about the break-up, but as long as they don't insert Diane Fowley-like spawns and the show is still primarily about Scully/Murder partnership, I could take it, too.

I couldn't take the ruination of Mulder and Scully as characters. Scully wouldn't give up on Mulder when he was fucking dead and decaying in his fucking grave. 

This is not happening.

(Obviously, I don't know what is truly happening. I can't presume of how it will translate, if there's a twist and how it will play in the end or as a whole, but this is certainly no good sign for me. Grasping at the positive reviews and the ridiculously incredible chemistry between DD and GA that made the most convoluted decisions work for me).

• Love 2

Nope. Nope, nope, nope.

I could take underwhelming MOTW and plots-there were a few in the original run. I could take nonsensical alien conspiracies -there were a lot in the original run.

I could take dated writing, pacing and directing -considering TV changed a lot since the show went off the air, it's a risk.

I'm not happy at all about the break-up, but as long as they don't insert Diane Fowley-like spawns and the show is still primarily about Scully/Murder partnership, I could take it, too.

I couldn't take the ruination of Mulder and Scully as characters. Scully wouldn't give up on Mulder when he was fucking dead and decaying in his fucking grave. 

This is not happening.

(Obviously, I don't know what is truly happening. I can't presume of how it will translate, if there's a twist and how it will play in the end or as a whole, but this is certainly no good sign for me. Grasping at the positive reviews and the ridiculously incredible chemistry between DD and GA that made the most convoluted decisions work for me).

That's how I was feeling and still am up to a point. But supposedly there's more to it than that. 

Tad? Nah. He doesn't appear to be that much of a threat, going off of what people have said so far. Scully has NO interest in him, whatsoever.

X-Files Premiere Recap

Quickly, the gears in Mulder’s brain start to turn and he comes to a startling realization: There never has been an alien conspiracy. Instead, the conspiracy is all human-made, as shadowy figures at the highest levels of power used this recovered alien technology to pursue their sinister agenda.

Wait, how does this make any sense?

• Love 1

Okay, so Season 10, Episode 1 opens with a lengthy expository sequence during which Mulder narrates his personal history with the X-Files, and then jumps even further back in time to outline the history of alien activity in America.

If CC has finally figured out how to do such a sequence without it sucking, my hat will be off to him.

(and, as we’re reminded, father of her child)

Oh, please let that be the only mention.

O'Malley, by the way, is kind of a cross between Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly, although, as he contemptuously tells Scully, “What O'Reilly knows about the truth could fill an eyedropper.” More importantly, he has a crush on Scully, and she appears happier about that than fans will be.

Heh.  As I've said before, I know Scully is not the flaming liberal she'd be in my world.  But she's also not someone who'd find it appealing for a person who can be described as a cross between two people who are unhinged by hatred and delight in distortion to be attracted to her.

Quickly, the gears in Mulder’s brain start to turn and he comes to a startling realization: There never has been an alien conspiracy. Instead, the conspiracy is all human-made, as shadowy figures at the highest levels of power used this recovered alien technology to pursue their sinister agenda.

If they've backed away from the warring factions of aliens on earth stuff of later years and gone back to government conspiracies and alien technology, I'm a happy camper. 

The good news is that these events convince Skinner to re-open the X-Files and reactivate Mulder and Scully to get to the bottom of who is using this alien technology, and why.

And we're off.

Sounds like there's at least potential for a good set-up.  I'm still much more excited about the four MOTW episodes in between, and don't trust CC to make sense of their relationship. And using a far right viewpoint to explore the myriad ways the government spies on us?  But, we'll see.

• Love 1

If CC has finally figured out how to do such a sequence without it sucking, my hat will be off to him.

Oh, please let that be the only mention.

Heh.  As I've said before, I know Scully is not the flaming liberal she'd be in my world.  But she's also not someone who'd find it appealing for a person who can be described as a cross between two people who are unhinged by hatred and delight in distortion to be attracted to her.

If they've backed away from the warring factions of aliens on earth stuff of later years and gone back to government conspiracies and alien technology, I'm a happy camper. 

And we're off.

Sounds like there's at least potential for a good set-up.  I'm still much more excited about the four MOTW episodes in between, and don't trust CC to make sense of their relationship. And using a far right viewpoint to explore the myriad ways the government spies on us?  But, we'll see.

Word.

Exactly. But I did find out via Tumblr that Tad isn't all that much of a threat in that regard. She has NO interest in him.

Yep. Except for ep 3, not really looking forward to that one all that much.

Here antoher very positive review http://pop-break.com/2015/10/15/nycc-15-the-x-files-panel/

It would be a crime to give you a spoiler review of the episode, but I will tell you that it was very well received from audience resulting in a standing ovation, and for good reason. I am very happy to say that the premiere does a great job getting us back into the world of these characters and doesn’t hold back. It comes back very strongly like a swift punch in the face. The structure of the season will revisit the two big themes that the show was built upon. Certain episodes will revolve around the alien mythology as well as stand alones that many consider to be the best of the series.

And another http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/10/15/review-the-x-files-makes-a-welcome-return-with-my-struggle/

And another http://film-book.com/tv-review-the-x-files-season-10-episode-1-my-struggle-fox-nycc-2015/

This is all new reviews :)

Did you all see the leaked promos that got taken down minutes after they were posted on youtube? They included scenes from the MOTW episodes and episode 6. They looked really good, to me. 

Yea I did. And yea they do so far.

*puts on mod cap*

Just don't re post them here, any one.

Legal stuff ya know.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Know that you guys are smart enough to know better, but better to mention it than not, just to be on the safe side of things.

*/takes mod cap off*

• Love 1

When I first heard they were coming back, I thought 'oh no' please let sleeping aliens lie. But after reading the recap, I'm intrigued. I have zero interest in the woes of the Scully/Mulder romance, never liked it and never will. So I'm glad to see that she's not sitting in a corner pining for him. I actually would've been pleasantly surprised if they decided to marry her off to someone else or at least be in a serious relationship with another man. But I digress. I'm kind of looking forward to it's limited return.

Edited by Enero

When I first heard they were coming back, I thought 'oh no' please let sleeping aliens lie. But after reading the recap, I'm intrigued. I have zero interest in the woes of the Scully/Mulder romance, never liked it and never will. So I'm glad to see that she's not sitting in a corner pining for him. I actually would've been pleasantly surprised if they decided to marry her off to someone else or at least be in a serious relationship with another man. But I digress. I'm kind of looking forward to it's limited return.

Glad you're looking forward to it.

I literally have no interest in it tbh. No. It would be equal pining imo. Since Mulder loved her as well. 

As for the no interest, it's more a plot thing than anything to do with MSR tbh though. Tired of the crap and old tropes that they keep on trotting out.

Did you all see the leaked promos that got taken down minutes after they were posted on youtube? They included scenes from the MOTW episodes and episode 6. They looked really good, to me.

Yeah, they're really doing a good job with the promos.  I know, countless crappy projects have looked good from their trailers.  But, still - I'm hoping the episodes are as interesting as the folks cutting these promos are making them look.

I adore the little thing Scully does with the flashlight.  Cute and flirty.

There were four promos leaked, right?  (I've only seen three of them.)

• Love 1

Yeah, they're really doing a good job with the promos.  I know, countless crappy projects have looked good from their trailers.  But, still - I'm hoping the episodes are as interesting as the folks cutting these promos are making them look.

I adore the little thing Scully does with the flashlight.  Cute and flirty.

There were four promos leaked, right?  (I've only seen three of them.)

Yea. It looks ok.

Me too.

Yep. Try hunting over on Tumblr.

A new interview!

Interviewer:  “Maybe we see…Scully and Mulder, maybe, you know…” [makes hand motions meant to imply something romantic?]

DD:  “Yeah, maybe we do.”  [chuckles]

Interviewer:  “Can I get anything on the show coming up, anything? Do we find out any truths?”

DD:  “Every time I open my mouth, something bad happens with that, so I don’t know, uh, you don’t have to wait that much longer.  It’s just around the corner.”

Source: contradiction-to-nature, via Tumblr

Interview sourcehttp://www.fox5dc.com/good-day/39724635-story

Looks like someone got in trouble XD. Second time for him. First was for mentioning CSM a bit too early.

It's getting rather interesting.

tumblr_inline_nnciqnGBrh1r9s1q8_500_zpsw

All these interviews with David and Chris are either giving out no information or giving out bad information. We need someone to interrogate Gillian because we know she can't keep anything secret! haha

But, David's right. January is just right around the corner. The promos have been effective in getting me excited for the revival. I'll be tuning in mainly for that flashlight flirting.

• Love 1

All these interviews with David and Chris are either giving out no information or giving out bad information. We need someone to interrogate Gillian because we know she can't keep anything secret! haha

But, David's right. January is just right around the corner. The promos have been effective in getting me excited for the revival. I'll be tuning in mainly for that flashlight flirting.

I know. XD I wish! But she seems to be doing pretty good so far. CC's reaction to wifegate was priceless though. I think that DD was lying about not knowing about the state of the relationship. But both him and Glen mentioned Scully as Mulder's wife. Even if it's only in the figurative sense, it's something.

David's had me giggling. For what it's worth. And given what CC had said earlier this year during a couple of pre filming interviews (where there was nothing to lose), I'm still thinking we could be in for something. And heck I'm curious to see if CC and co. have some balls this time around ;) :p.

Exactly. But that corner seems like it's moving away sometimes lol.

Me too, along with the lols.

Remember how utterly glorious the press junket for IWTB was, because Gillian and David had resolved some past shit and were on their way to becoming friends at long last, so instead of them scowling their way through the tedious bullshit they were enjoying each other’s company and thus creating this infectious giddy energy that came out of your TV screen and made you happy to be a ‘phile?

That needs to happen again in January.  Because in the interim we've had IBG, her going to his play, San Diego Comic Con, AMA, Paley, NY Comic Con, Twitter, duets, and by all accounts enjoying shooting the six episodes together in a way they never had before.  Joint interviews with that David and Gillian need to be part of my life. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

Remember how utterly glorious the press junket for IWTB was, because Gillian and David had resolved some past shit and were on their way to becoming friends at long last, so instead of them scowling their way through the tedious bullshit they were enjoying each other’s company and thus creating this infectious giddy energy that came out of your TV screen and made you happy to be a ‘phile?

That needs to happen again in January.  Because in the interim we've had IBG, her going to his play, San Diego Comic Con, AMA, Paley, NY Comic Con, Twitter, duets, and by all accounts enjoying shooting the six episodes together in a way they never had before.  Joint interviews with that David and Gillian need to be part of my life. 

Yep. Agreed. They're doing good so far via twitter tbh though. Fox finally got their collective heads out of their asses. But I still don't like them tbh. Those two are such jewels. I'm hoping that Chris doesn't waste that this go. It would be a damn shame. They've come so far and have grown so much. I'd love to see interviews with them by then.

I'm looking forward to the press tour as much as the actual episodes. I would LOVE if they did a joint interview on Jimmy Fallon's show and played some of the games he does. Box of Lies being the most fitting choice. 

• Love 1

Some new news about Agents Miller and Einstein:

Crazy, right?! Well, rumor has it the idea to potentially spin off Mills and Einstein, the new alien-hunting FBI agents played by Amell and Ambrose in the forthcoming continuation, was bandied about. But it appears the project has gone the way of the Smoking Man (AKA it’s dead… but could come back to life?).

When I spoke to series creator Chris Carter last month at New York Comic-Con, he didn’t deny that the potential for a new, Amell-and-Abrose-fronted series was out there. But he didn’t confirm it either. Instead, he noted that the pair’s X-Files contracts do not contain “a series deal beyond” the six-episode revival, adding, “People can speculate, but [their pacts] weren’t negotiated that way.”

Asked if the thought of an Amell/Ambrose X-Files offshoot ever crossed his mind, Carter replied, “Right now I’m focused on doing the show with David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson].”

Sourcehttp://tvline.com/2015/11/02/x-files-spinoff-robbie-amell-lauren-ambrose-fox/

A bit of good news here :).

Pat Munn saw the ep and liked it ok.

Here's what he said (thanks go out to MFLuder over on Haven for transcribing it):

Patrick Munn ‏@patmunn 4 h4 ore fa

Waking up to X-Files screeners, thank you @FOXTV!

So having watched it, here are my (non-spoilery) thoughts on new X-Files...

1) Like 24: Live Another Day before it, it's unlikely to appeal to new viewers. Very much a fan affair.

2) there was always a question how the show worked in post-9/11 world. They've definitely answered that Q, right wingers won't be pleased

3) I really enjoyed it. Relatively well paced throughout. Mea Culpa: so far my concerns about the X-Files revival seem (largely) unfounded

There's is no dwelling on relationship re Scully and Mulder either. Dealt with very matter of factly.

I just watched the first episode titled "My Struggle." Fox made it available to press/bloggers last night. As a casual fan of the original series, I liked the first episode and think fans will be more than pleased. The show delivers. No weak links at all. Well, maybe one, Joel McHale always seems a bit snarky, kinda hard to take serious. Here he plays a conservative talk show host and the snark is still there. He always talks like there is a punchline coming up. Still, the episode more than delivers.

No major spoilers: Review: The X-Files First Episode "My Struggle" - Brown Sista

Edited by Blackhoney

Hi Blackhoney and welcome!

Thanks for sharing! It's interesting to see different fans viewpoints on the new episode. I've seen a couple of reviews on Tumblr that were rather disappointed in it, and one mainstream one who felt similarly. But it seems as if those are kind of in the minority.

I'll be waiting and seeing to see if I like it though, since for right now... I'm not too thrilled with Fox and CC.

I watched like half a season of the original show before I lost track of it. I know very little about Mulder and Scully. When I watched they weren't a couple, so I watched the reboot essentially with newbie eyes. I've read lots of complaints of stuff from the reboot being a rehash of things that already happened, and yeah, if you watched all 10 seasons and the movies, you might be disappointed. I don't really know. It was original enough for me. Old heads might be disappointed, but the newbies won't be. Don't go in with any expectations and it's hard to be disappointed. Still, the episode was darn good and has lots of twists and turns at the end. Honestly, with something like this, I think it was going to be really hard to please everyone.

I watched like half a season of the original show before I lost track of it. I know very little about Mulder and Scully. When I watched they weren't a couple, so I watched the reboot essentially with newbie eyes. I've read lots of complaints of stuff from the reboot being a rehash of things that already happened, and yeah, if you watched all 10 seasons and the movies, you might be disappointed. I don't really know. It was original enough for me. Old heads might be disappointed, but the newbies won't be. Don't go in with any expectations and it's hard to be disappointed. Still, the episode was darn good and has lots of twists and turns at the end. Honestly, with something like this, I think it was going to be really hard to please everyone.

Ah. I started watching around s3 and by around 98' (would have started at the very beginning back then (s1), but I was a chicken :p), I gave up on the myth arc. It got way too convoluted to even try to keep up with. Very well put.

I don't think I have to worry about that too much lol. My expectations are around zero at this point.

Fair point. I don't envy the position they're in.

I think I just lost my lunch :X.

Tv guide's new article about the revival...

Source: tvguide.com

Tad's not even a damn love interest, he's not even a remote threat. XD

*shakes head*

Now I see what they're trying to do. I've seen it in bits in pieces before, but this is just shameful.

They figure shippers are children or teens. Wrong. Idiots.

Thank a'lien for Anne Simon.

And Anne Simon on Twitter backed up the load of hooey side (meaning that the article is full of hot air).

Anne Simon comments the TV Guide article:

Anne Simon ‏@Annealiz1
@JossaDosBichos @believeinxfiles @GillianA @davidduchovny @sadiegennis They are way off base unless something in episodes I haven't seen.

Anne Simon ‏@Annealiz1
@reesescrush @JossaDosBichos Only one episode has been seen. Remember that Scully is a good actress when she needs info.

Anne Simon ‏@Annealiz1
@JossaDosBichos @believeinxfiles @GillianA @davidduchovny @sadiegennis Scully is smart and beautiful. Guys like. Doesn't mean she likes back

Anne Simon ‏@Annealiz1
@JossaDosBichos @knifeink @believeinxfiles Think "Tad", think "Bill O'Reilly". Think Scully with that?? (...shudder...)

Anne Simon ‏@Annealiz1
@knifeink @JossaDosBichos @believeinxfiles If audience big, and D/G say yes, have no doubt what future will be.

Source: Anne Simon's Twitter page, Thanks goes out to 1121Susanna for posting it up onto Haven.

-------------------------------------------------

Just found something really interesting about ep 4 via Haven, big thanks go out to Analyzer for asking Anne about it. Note there's no spoilers, but it hints at what the ep itself might be like.

5h5 hours ago
@Annealiz1 Dear Anne, can you reveal ANYTHING about episode 4 of #XFilesRevival ?
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply   Retweet   
More

4h4 hours ago
@Annealiz1 I guess not.
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply   Retweet   
More

Follow

Anne Simon
‏@Annealiz1
Can also say that after watching filming for three days, I have no idea what the episode is about.

4:07 PM - 2 Dec 2015
Reply   Retweet   
  3h3 hours ago
@Annealiz1 Thanks! I heard it deals with terrorism, but why is Mulder dancing in the episode? I guess it's a dream sequence / hallucination.
0 retweets 1 like
Reply   Retweet   
Like 1 
More
Anne Simon ‏@Annealiz1  3h3 hours ago
 Chris didn't want me to read script so can enjoy fresh like all fans.Have lots and lots of insider stuff to tweet when airs
0 retweets 2 likes
Reply   Retweet   
Like 2 
More
  3h3 hours ago
@Annealiz1 May I ask if you were involved with the science of episode 4, or only 1 and 6?
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply   Retweet   
More
Anne Simon ‏@Annealiz1  3h3 hours ago
Only 1 and 6. But Chris would ask if I liked different takes, so think I was tiny bit helpful on 4.Most fun ever had on set
0 retweets 2 likes
Reply   Retweet   
Like 2 
More

@Annealiz1 Thank you for the info.
0 retweets 1 like
Reply   Retweet   
Like 1 
More

5h5 hours ago
@Annealiz1 Dear Anne, can you reveal ANYTHING about episode 4 of #XFilesRevival ?
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply   Retweet   
More
  4h4 hours ago
@Annealiz1 I guess not.
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply   Retweet   
More

Follow

Anne Simon
‏@Annealiz1
 Just got off my horse! I can say that some scenes so much fun hard to keep from laughing and others were terrifying.

It sounds like it'll be one crazy ep! XD

Anne Simon

@annealiz

If Philes tweet me 140 character reviews of #XFilesRevival on 24th, will compile full length tweets and send to CCarter.He's dying to hear.

Thanks to Tina4 over on Haven for mentioning about this.

This gonna be interesting.

A new article via SFX magazine...

Thanks to laularlau8 for transcribing what she could..

Sorry the text isn’t too clear in the pictures although hopefully mostly readable if you zoom in! But here are a few excerpts:

Carter found himself unexpectedly blowing dust off The X-Files this year ………. “When I got a phone call saying the actors were interested and would I be interested in coming back for a short series, my answer was immediately, ‘Yes’” Carter laughs.  “If David and Gillian were interested, I was interested.”

“We’re continuing some mythology from that place but we’re also continuing the storytelling in terms of Mulder and Scully’s relationship as it related directly to what we know about them in the second movie”  In that film, the duo, who had a child together, were on rockier ground relationship-wise, a continuing theme as the miniseries opens.  While some fans will be less than thrilled to learn their power couple is not together, Carter says continuing to explore how these two diametrically opposed personalities have remained in each other’s orbit is true to the show’s original premise. “They struglled with their relationship originally,” Carter reiterates.  “Through the second movie, they came together, which was absolutely natural.  But they found themselves feeling that it couldn’t work in that way.  If Scully holds by her professional pursuits and Mulder by his, it would pull them apart.”

That push and pull is even reflected in the title of the first episode of the revived series “My Struggle”.  Carter admits a large part of the narrative came from just “imagining where Mulder and Scully are, not only in their relationship but their professional lives.  Mulder lives a hermit life, probably hand to  mouth, maybe even with some help from Scully.  I think there is an idea that Mulder has suffered for his singular pursuits.”

Meanwhile Scully is no longer an FBI agent and has returned to her medical career.  “She is a serious person so she takes her career seriously,” Carter explains.  “But I think deep down she probably, unconsciously, desires a reason to be pulled back [to Mulder].  For her, as a scientist, [being part of the X-Files] was an amazing experience and a challenge to her.  In the hospital and in medicine, she now has an opportunity to do both things.”

“They have an emotional connection,” Carter continues. “They share something.  In episode four he takes her hand and it’s a loaded moment.  So I feel it’s given us something new to explore considering we will have been doing this for 22 years.”

“People want to know what that first day was like and what the first moment on the set was like.  I have to say it was just a day of hard work as we hit the ground running.  That being said, I went and visited David in the costume fittings and that was like old times.  And then in hair and make-up with Gillian as a blonde and all of a sudden she was a redhead again.  With everyone is was about slowing putting the layers and the shoes, literally back on again.  They were all very familiar things to us but across a span of time this great was its own special thrill.”

Carter does admit that getting to direct his stars again was particularly resonant for him: “Something that struck me was that David and Gillian  have done so much work since the X-Files and they bring that wisdom.  I think there was a moment in directing them that we had to go back and find those bearings again.”

“It was my idea to bookend the show with the mythology episodes and inbetween are episodic stories.  However, I think you will find there is an arc for Mulder and Scully within the larger arc.  There is an honesty to the characters and where they are, and what they are going through that connects the new episodes.”

SFX

Source: via humancredentials from laularlau8's tumblr page

All I can say is that, I'm more angry now than I was before reading this dear piece. Mulder is now practically character assassinated, and this whole thing looks like a bad joke.