Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Fog of War

A thick fog rolls into San Antonio, stranding TC, Jordan and Paul far from the hospital. The trio must then try to save victims of a grisly truck crash, and soon discover that their patients are illegal immigrants. Also: Two siblings are treated at the ER in a case that stirs up Topher's war memories.

Yes, this episode is on tomorrow at 10/9c.

Edited by photo fox
fixed title :)

Anybody know if this being a "double episode week" means we won't get a new episode *next* Monday?

They showed a commercial for the next episode, which I assumed would be this coming Monday, but I don't recall for sure if it said "in two weeks" or simply "next time on..." Looking at my DVR schedule it lists a new episode next Monday.

I think it would have been more interesting if we'd had the shock right along with Jordan that the girl in pink had been lying (rather than the show giving it away right at the top of the episode). I know I would have been inclined to believe her, and it would have been stunning and a little scary to realize just how close Jordan had been to letting a guy die for being a bad guy when in reality that was not the case.

Plus, showing that shooting without any hospital character there as witness just made it feel like a completely different program. Because it was on an unusual night, and the episode opened with this strangely CSI-like murder, I kept checking my TV's "info" button to make sure I was watching the right channel. It just didn't seem like The Night Shift to be creating this murder drama scene.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure that it was aired out of order.

Yes, and I would have appreciated this episode way more if I hadn't been WTFing about it for the most of it. I still had this feeling with 2x02 and 2x03, and Scott's hide and seek, but this time it was blatant. Many things didn't make sense and it shed a whole new light on many interactions (Ragosa/Kenny being on better terms, for example, and let's not talk even about the romantic entanglements).

Who still does this crappy amator programming with a serialized show, on a major network?!

Moreover, yesterday's ratings were up, but what are casual watchers going to do? Probably, they won't have the patience to be WTFing for the whole episode.

I would have loved seeing the progression of Krista/Chavez in fucking order, because I loved it and it would have made "2x05" even better.

• Love 1

Yes, and I would have appreciated this episode way more if I hadn't been WTFing about it for the most of it. I still had this feeling with 2x02 and 2x03, and Scott's hide and seek, but this time it was blatant.

I can't explain the reason for airing the episodes out of order.  There's no reason to do that, but I think Scott's hide and seek can be explained by Adam Rodriguez's departure.  I think the original plan was Chavez and Chavez/Krista.  There was that line "Dr/ Chavez is taking over some of Scott's surgical cases."  Scott was also seen with another woman, so we were led to believe he had moved on.  The first part of the season seemed decidedly less about the triangle to me, and I think that's where the writers were headed, with the plan to eventually phase Scott out in favor of Chavez.

Since Adam left to do his pilot, I believe the writers had to to a hard stop and return to Scott (Clemons and Wolf) because he was already on the canvas and he could fill the spot now vacated by Chavez.  It was likely the fastest and easiest shift to make because the writers weren't going to introduce yet another new character.  I think this stalker stuff is intended to give Scott something to do since TC and Jordan are the characters that Scott interacts with the most.  That's why I don't think Scott's the stalker.  That would eventually mean the exit of his character, and the writers need that spot to be filled.  I don't see Scott as a placeholder now either.  Since Adam left, I don't know that the writers will be willing to write another new character.  Scott could be a placeholder if Adam's pilot doesn't get picked up and Chavez returns, but I see the stalker stuff as a way for the writers to buy time as they figure out how to shift back to Scott.

Edited by Ohmo

its possible this was intended to go before Monday nights but since they did not want to start two major storylines (sister in law and stalker) on a night when they are not regularly scheduled they flipped them.  It does make is confusing but I understand the reasoning

WTH. I was expecting to see what happened with the stalker and TC's SIL. Instead we got ... what? I couldn't care less about anything that happened in this episode and disliked the entire thing. Plus Topher going all PTSD all of a sudden? What the heck.

While I liked the idea, Scott can't be the stalker since Jordan was told he got released from jail/prison. Wish he had shown up last night to add some interest to this BORING episode.

So Chavez is really going to be gone? What a disappointment. They'd better keep Drew or I'm totally out.

• Love 1

I can't help but wonder where in the order this episode was supposed to air.  Clearly before the last one, but given the lack of mention of Drew and Rick's breakup (among other things), I think it probably should have been even earlier.  The DTR discussion between TC and Jordan felt like it should have been in the second episode, but the way Ragosa was interacting with everyone else made it seem later than that.

I'm wondering if I'm being uncharitable toward Brendan Fehr, but something about the random nurse's line about appreciating Chavez's shirtless yoga made me think it was scripted for Drew.

I do have to admit that Topher's Afghanistan flashbacks are more interesting than TC's by an amount of approximately infinity.  

For anyone asking, the next episode is definitely next Monday.

Yeah, this must have been an out of order episode. Chavez is still around, no mention of any other past events, TC/Jordan are still working on their relationship.  I guess this is why they dumped it on a different night, but I wonder why the just didn't air this like normal. It wasn't like it was bad or anything: felt like a normal episode, that would have made sense if aired earlier.

Glad that Topher got some back-story, and it allowed him to interact with Drew and Ragosa, which I always like.

I totally get the sense that the original plan was to make Chavez and Krista a big thing, but something happened (Adam Rodriguez's new show, I guess), caused everything to change.

The fact that the coyote got away makes me wonder if they're going to work some kind of kooky way to actually have her return.  Other then that, the biggest takeaway I got from this scenario, is wondering how the owner of the store is going to react when he finds out about all the bizarre damage to the store.  It was all to save lives, store owner!

I only saw the first third of Monday's episode, so had no clue about lack of continuity and rather enjoyed last night's episode. Although I somehow misread the "[however many hours] earlier" in the opening bit as later, and then spent the whole episode wondering when pink sweatshirt girl was going to shoot the three doctors and make her escape so the later scene could occur. So that was a bit anti-climatic, but TC's ridiculous blood-letting was fun.

Add me to the list of people who will miss Chavez.

I'm wondering if I'm being uncharitable toward Brendan Fehr, but something about the random nurse's line about appreciating Chavez's shirtless yoga made me think it was scripted for Drew.

I kinda feel like Brendan really doesn't have a problem with Drew at all. I just think he's bad at communicating that he's grew up a couple of miles from where i'm sitting.so I get what he's saying. He just not someone whose used to communicating his thoughts and feelings like a lot of guys I know. He was raised Mennonite they don't believe in dancing, he actually seems fairly open minded. I doubt he would have taken the job if he wasn't. I actually loved the look(Although part of it is that how MIchael would look at Maria which added to the overall Roswell nostalgia of the scene)he gave after Kenny pointed it out.  He clearly wasn't complaining about Chavez being shirtless

Plus I don't think Drew is really at the point to be ogling his male co-workers yet. I mean he out but he still a little cautious which is consistent with his character. Not to mention I can see Drew not wanting to make that type of comment because he would be worried about how Chavez would take it. Its still a very different thing in our society for a man to something like that about another man.

• Love 1

Plus I don't think Drew is really at the point to be ogling his male co-workers yet. I mean he out but he still a little cautious which is consistent with his character. Not to mention I can see Drew not wanting to make that type of comment because he would be worried about how Chavez would take it. Its still a very different thing in our society for a man to something like that about another man.

Agreed.  Regardless of where this episode fits in the Rick-Drew timeline, I don't think that's the type of thing that Drew would say at work.  He hasn't been out all that long, so he's used to keeping his professional and personal lives separate.  Plus, Drew's either still with Rick and they're having problems or Rick has just moved out, depending on where this episode fits in the timeline.  Either way, I think it would be OOC for Drew to make a comment like that at this point in time.

There was the line from Nurse Kenny grousing about "does he really have to take his shirt off?" and Drew's reaction seemed to be "And yet I have no problem with it," so maybe Drew's feeling a little more comfortable being himself at work? He's not the one shouting out catcalls, but he's definitely looking.

It seems to me that Topher and Ragosa have essentially switched positions in the story; Ragosa, our former Little Angry Onion, is now guy with the skills to match the crisis of the week, and Topher is the manpain-filled Boss Dick.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

I kinda feel like Brendan really doesn't have a problem with Drew at all. I just think he's bad at communicating that he's grew up a couple of miles from where i'm sitting.so I get what he's saying. He just not someone whose used to communicating his thoughts and feelings like a lot of guys I know. He was raised Mennonite they don't believe in dancing, .

I teach at a Mennonite university, and they have dances here. You must mean Old Order Mennonite.