Type keyword(s) to search

Killian Jones/Captain Hook: One Handed Pirate With A Drinking Problem

• Start Topic

I gather they were planning on building some kind of a relationship between Neal and Hook (maybe have them talk about the past more extensively), but Colin went skiing and broke his leg the day before he and MRJ were set to film their first scenes together.

That's not the part that's the issue for me. In fact, I think it works better without us having seen that so it was more of an "ooh" moment when Hook's crew pulled Bae out of the water in the season finale 2 parter. But while they were in Neverland, it would have been nice to have seen some flashbacks of their time together, especially since that kept coming up -- they went to Bae's cave and talked about the marks on the walls counting the passage of time, Hook had to decide whether or not to tell that Neal was alive and then there was the visit to the Echo Caves. Those are all things that should have generated flashbacks to make the present more meaningful. If we'd seen Hook being big brother/dad to young Bae, then Hook's mixed feelings and dilemma about Neal's return would have been more powerful. If we'd seen Hook not giving up on a very angry Bae until finally Bae was so lonely and desperate he was willing to lower his guard, those marks on the wall would have had more punch.

(edited)

Well, Shanna Marie, you should know by now that Rumple's man pain and Regina's Woe Me act are much more important and needed for flashbacks than something like Neverland that will forever be identified as Captain Hook, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell.

The Neverland flashbacks for those characters were done the moment they decided that Pan was going to be Rumple's asshole father.  

What kind of relationship did Tink and Hook have?  Hook drops a line to Tink about "everything we've been through", there's no follow up on that.

Bae managed to leave Neverland, we don't know how.

Did Hook watch over Bae whenever he could?

Bae and Tink knew each other and seemed to care about one another.  Nothing came from that.

Hook and Pan made a deal that allowed Hook to leave Neverland.  We never found out what it was.

But the millionth flashback of Snow/Regina, the I hate you round bagillion to introduce Ariel, that we got.

Two episodes of Rumple painting his face and crying over a doll?  That we got too.  I can't believe

they're casting his fucking mother

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

ETA: Particularly fun fan pics with Colin.

I honestly got second-hand embarrassment from looking at those photos. I remember Norman Reedus telling a story about how a fan wanted him to wear a horse mask and put the fan on his back, and he was like, uh no. And this is from the guy who likes to lick people's faces, so he's pretty easy going!

I honestly got second-hand embarrassment from looking at those photos. I remember Norman Reedus telling a story about how a fan wanted him to wear a horse mask and put the fan on his back, and he was like, uh no. And this is from the guy who likes to lick people's faces, so he's pretty easy going!

Honestly, I'm afraid to look.

The pictures aren't too bad. He's smiling, and he seems pretty relaxed about it, with a real smile rather than a forced "oh God get me out of here please" smile that he sometimes has when he's clearly uncomfortable. It would have been within his rights to turn down any of that fan's suggestions for photos if they made him uncomfortable.

I have friends who do the photo sessions at cons a lot, and they've found that often the actors are the ones who suggest the crazier poses. I guess they get bored with hours of standing next to people and smiling.

• Love 1

From http://once-upon-a-captain-swan.tumblr.com/post/122698289948/colins-m-g

I asked him about his scar: how did he got it and how does he think Killian got it.

He said they normally cover it up with makeup but in once upon a time he asked to let it “because Hook’s a pirate, he should have scars”

And he (Colin) got it when he was three because he was trying to shave like his dad. So he got his face covered in shaving cream and tried to do it, result he got his cheek cut.

Now here comes the best part: he said he was a very clumsy child. He bit off a part of his tongue.

And then he went “but don’t worry my tongue works well now” and he realized what it could mean and turned super red and said “I don’t mean it like that”

• Love 2

I asked him about his scar: how did he got it and how does he think Killian got it.

He said they normally cover it up with makeup but in once upon a time he asked to let it “because Hook’s a pirate, he should have scars”

And he (Colin) got it when he was three because he was trying to shave like his dad. So he got his face covered in shaving cream and tried to do it, result he got his cheek cut.

Now here comes the best part: he said he was a very clumsy child. He bit off a part of his tongue.

And then he went “but don’t worry my tongue works well now” and he realized what it could mean and turned super red and said “I don’t mean it like that”

That is just too cute for words.  It figures that Colin would have been a big old clumsy dork as a kid!

Isn't it nice to know that celebrities like Colin are human?  :)

(And I know he'd hate to be thought of as a "celebrity"!)

I saw the video of the Paris convention where somebody got Colin a guitar and he said he wasn't going to sing but the audience begged him so he sang, and JMo stood up and danced at his singing/guitaring and Meghan Ory was there too and joined her in dance and it was adorable.

Did I say Colin was pitchy with a flat tonal quality? I take it back. I TAKE IT ALL BACK. Also he noodled before he sung and that showed skills.

• Love 3
Faemonic, on 30 Jun 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

I saw the video of the Paris convention where somebody got Colin a guitar and he said he wasn't going to sing but the audience begged him so he sang, and JMo stood up and danced at his singing/guitaring and Meghan Ory was there too and joined her in dance and it was adorable.

Did I say Colin was pitchy with a flat tonal quality? I take it back. I TAKE IT ALL BACK. Also he noodled before he sung and that showed skills.

You can't post this without a link. That's just...inhuman!;-D

(edited)

Oh honey, he's so awkward in real life. I almost think the scratch behind the ears thing Hook does is something he does in real life. lol Mean while Georgina is in her Elsa zone.

Edited by mjgchick
(edited)

Apparently we can add "amazing pumpkin carver" to Colin's life-ruining skills, per Jennifer on the Nerd HQ panel.

That is completely random! Maybe we should assign him all skills until such time that he can prove he does not have them.

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 6
(edited)

Maybe he can give me tips. I got a pumpkin carving kit last year (not the cheap ones you get at the store). I need to sharp the blades though.

Sounds like Colin had a lot of fun; I'm still waiting to see him respond to the Sam as Hook pics.

And just because I feel like it, here's a pic of Donal Logue and Colin from CC as well:

https://twitter.com/donallogue/status/620139475360837632

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I did have to laugh at the pictures Heughen (I think, at least, that it was him?) took of the Hook cut out that had a little tiny plaid skirt--because it was too short and mini looking to be a kilt--taped to it.  It just seemed fun

(edited)

I did have to laugh at the pictures Heughen (I think, at least, that it was him?) took of the Hook cut out that had a little tiny plaid skirt--because it was too short and mini looking to be a kilt--taped to it. It just seemed fun

LOL! I was just wondering if kilts show any knee ;)

A quick Google search shows they hit just below the knee. Hmph.

Edited by OnceUponAJen

LOL! I was just wondering if kilts show any knee ;)

A quick Google search shows they hit just below the knee. Hmph.

On the other hand, I believe the tradition is to go commando underneath them (or "regimental," as they say in Scotland), which makes them very popular on windy days.  So there's that (and I now defy you all to go to work tomorrow with that particular image of Colin stuck in your heads!  :-P).

On the other hand, I believe the tradition is to go commando underneath them (or "regimental," as they say in Scotland), 

Well, that adds a spin or two to the song "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General."  It might explain the many, many daughters, though.

(edited)

On the other hand, I believe the tradition is to go commando underneath them (or "regimental," as they say in Scotland), which makes them very popular on windy days. So there's that (and I now defy you all to go to work tomorrow with that particular image of Colin stuck in your heads! :-P).

Oh gosh...did anyone see that TVLine interview that was posted with Josh putting the pillow over Colin's umm....nether region? (Don't laugh at me!) I can't get THAT out of my head :)

Spoilery link below!

Oh, here: http://tvline.com/tag/once-upon-a-time/

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 1

Does Colin have bad luck with a lot of stuff he says sounding unintentionally...interesting, or does he know exactly what he's doing/saying? Either way it makes me giggle.

Thanks for posting the interview, OnceUponaJen!

And thanks for the pic Souris!

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks for posting the pics!

Every time I see "Whitecaps" i get temporarily thrown through a loop. One of my state's minor (?? I have know idea if this is correct) baseball teams (one of the ones directly? below the Tigers) is called the Whitecaps, so that's who I always think of. Lol.

Colin continues to be the epitome of a pure cinnamon roll:

https://twitter.com/jenmorrisonlive/status/620565348706725888

I'm glad he had fun!

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

I finally watched the Nerd HQ panel. I thought it was nice that Colin was able to talk about his awkward teenage years, and Jen rubbing his arm was sweet. I really wanted to see a "smolder off" between him and Zach though!

• Love 1

Yeah, that NerdHQ panel was legit one of the best things ever. YNB tweeted "Go to Periscope NOW!" so I went to her channel and there was a few minutes of her peeking out from behind the curtain, going onstage and introductions of Retta & Scott Porter. I had it running on my iPad while I was surfing the Net on my Mac, barely paying attention to it, when suddenly I heard Colin's name. By the time Zach announced Jen, I was spazzing out so much and so busy trying to alert people that I completely missed that he then introduced Josh & didn't realize Josh was there for about another 5 minutes. LOL. Good times.

(edited)

At some point I saw somebody on Periscope mention an IGN live feed on YouTube, so I switched to that b/c it was higher res & a better perspective on the Once trio. I really want to watch it again, but I haven't had time too.

Also, I had no idea that Scott Porter is so freaking hysterical.

Edited by Souris

I have no experience with NerdHQ aside from this, so forgive me if this comes across as, "Well, duh, Danielle," but what I liked about that panel was that it was basically a no-holds-barred free-for-all. No one was there specifically to do PR for their respective shows, so it was just this big conversation. I felt like everyone could let their hair down a little bit and just go for it, you know? And it was nice to see them get into some of the deeper aspects of the entertainment industry, like how they don't always realize that what they do touches people's lives or what made them think about taking this career track in the first place.

• Love 1
(edited)

I may not have caught all of it, but I loved Jen's answer regarding organization of a project and how to avoid getting overwhelmed: Make a list every day and cross things off as you accomplish them. That's good advice for any line of work. Also she said to create something that you are personally passionate about, not something that you think other people will like. Very good advice!

I guess I'm getting off topic! Has the pic of Colin in a kilt come out yet? Prediction: Twitter will explode.

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 2