Type keyword(s) to search

Killian Jones/Captain Hook: One Handed Pirate With A Drinking Problem

• Start Topic

I really don't think it's a guy/girl perspective here. It's just fans in general reading too much into something or purposely looking for a reason to be snarky. If someone can't tell that scene is about Hook being a dork and teasing his girlfriend's son about a mystery girl they've never met before, then they're probably people in real life who giggle every time they walk across a banana or sausage at the grocery store.

That was Hook having a Phil Dumphy level of goofiness moment over Henry's first crush.

You know, I've always thought Emma/Hook would be a lot like Claire/Phil if they ever had to start working as a real parenting team. Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

I guess I was just trying to come up with a reason besides they're immature or have dirty minds. :)

Oh my gosh, Hook as Phil Dunphy! haha I don't know why I never noticed the similarities before!

Edited by pezgirl7

There is a part of the fandom who hates Hook, and no matter what he does, they are going to find a reason for criticize him. If he had ignored Henry's little crush, they would be saying how Hook is a terrible person who completely ignores Henry and his feelings, and that he would be a terrible stepfather.

That was Hook having a Phil Dumphy level of goofiness moment over Henry's first crush.

Yeah, this is the parallel I was looking for when I made my previous post :-)

• Love 1

Hey folks, we have been pretty lax in letting all Colin/Hook convos happen here, but we shouldn't have.  Starting now all discussion of roles outside of OUAT should be in the Cast in Other Roles thread.  I moved a few recent posts there.  Carry on.

I might have considered Hook's reaction to Henry's crush/girlfriend a little bit inappropriate if he were actually playing a fatherly role in Henry's life -- not for any pervy reasons, but because a father figure should probably be more supportive rather than teasing and busting his chops. A dad should be someone a kid feels safe confiding in rather than fearing that he's going to be teased mercilessly. But at this point, Hook is more of a cool young uncle figure, so busting his chops is totally appropriate. Though I don't think he was even that merciless, just reacting in a way that might be embarrassing to a kid. Still, I could imagine Henry also giving him hell if, say, Hook went to him to get advice on what to give Emma for a gift or to set up a surprise for her, or something like that.

We're almost at 100 episodes and the only time Hook and Snow have ever shared a one-on-one scene alone together is when Hook was pretending to be a pirate captain who could help Bandit Snow escape during the time travel adventure. And he was in the shadows the entire time. Otherwise, normal Hook and normal Snow have never had a single scene alone together. How does that even happen? They're both part of the Big 6! (The "Big 6" includes: Emma, Snow, Charming, Hook, Regina, Rumple.)

• Love 1

We're almost at 100 episodes and the only time Hook and Snow have ever shared a one-on-one scene alone together is when Hook was pretending to be a pirate captain who could help Bandit Snow escape during the time travel adventure. And he was in the shadows the entire time. Otherwise, normal Hook and normal Snow have never had a single scene alone together. How does that even happen? They're both part of the Big 6! (The "Big 6" includes: Emma, Snow, Charming, Hook, Regina, Rumple.)

To me, this isn't like the suspicious lack of Daddy Charming and Emma moments in season 2, that quickly got remedied in the subsequent seasons. If Snow and Hook aren't that close, I don't feel like we're missing anything. Evidently the writers are prioritizing a Belle and Hook detente this season, and I would expect more Regina and Hook vitriolic friendship scenes before Snow and Hook start having moments.

Edited by Faemonic

He's just so darn supportive. :')

And of course, now we have the mystery ring from his past. I am glad that what A&E (or Colin? I can't remember) said seems to be holding true a little. You know how his past would sort of resonate with the later episodes of 5a. You can see bits and pieces of it.

The ring, losing a loved one to the DO, heck the Arthur/corrupted king stuff--although we really haven't seen Killian give his opinion on the matter (I thought he would).

I've been a rather happy camper with the Killian stuff we've gotten this season.

• Love 1
heck the Arthur/corrupted king stuff--although we really haven't seen Killian give his opinion on the matter (I thought he would).

He hasn't voiced anything, but the body language said plenty.

Even towards Merlin, when he lost his shit, he wasn't talking like a pirate, but as an officer, and a military man instead. I'm sure Merlin sending them into their mission completely blind did not sit well with him given his previous experience.

• Love 9

Yep. So pre-Crocodile days, that's interesting. I wonder what made them think of the idea.

$$$$$$? LOL. An easy way to sell more dolls to Hook fans. Just slap a different arm on the same figure, and voila, more sales!

Hook isn't popular. Sure. Right. Uh-huh.

I wish they had done a Lt. Jones one.

• Love 6

Now we just need a Lieutenant Killy, a modern Killy, a Prince Charles Killy, and a Camelot Killy (even though it would hardly be any different than the regular Hook Funko). I'd love Funko to offer Funko characters in alternative costumes (like an Emma Funko with the red dress).

• Love 4

I like to fanwank that Killy's been kind of battling the demons in his head ala an external force (Dark Swan) rather than all the internal mind stuff Emma's going through with clippy!Rumple. He's just so focused on helping emma. And the mind wipe thing too has to be considered.

I find the whole memory stuff to be a huge cop-out.

With Rumple, it's not even that he didn't have his memories as much as the fact that there was no magic in Storybrooke. He brought magic back, and when he did that, his magic came back.

So it's a whole other ball game with Hook as far as I'm concerned, but I'm sure the writers will fart out some kind of explanation that will not be satisfying to me, at least.

I'd like to think that the reason nothing's happened to him is because he is capable of holding the darkness, that maybe he's the person Merlin was referring to. It's like he finds out about it, and starts acting out on it.

• Love 5

Killian telling Emma he's not as strong as her is why I continue to root for his character. He can be so cocky but at that moment you saw his vulnerability in him thinking he's weak. Mean while Emma thinking she can help him contain the darkness. I can't with these two.

• Love 11

Killian telling Emma he's not as strong as her is why I continue to root for his character. He can be so cocky but at that moment you saw his vulnerability in him thinking he's weak. Mean while Emma thinking she can help him contain the darkness. I can't with these two.

Emma makes me cry, and her reaction kind of tore me up.

I think she really believes they can beat this together, and they have so far. They practically lit the flame together.

The thing is, Emma took the easier path on this one in SB.

That scene in the meadow when he asked her to let him go...it was just stab me in the heart, I'm done.

• Love 3

^ Did anyone else feel like that scene had Tangled parallels? Except it was a bit twistier: instead of healing him with a tear, she tethered him? I'm waiting for a gif of these parallels to pop up on tumblr.

Maybe his hobby will be stealing people's left shoes? Pestering Rumple? Messing up the order of all the books in the library. That'd probably drive Belle crazy.

It'll be interesting to see if they explain the mechanics behind 2 Dark Ones. Maybe Darth Killy hasn't been evil yet because there's a power imbalance? Like, Emma's taking more than her share of the burden? Plus the memory loss. The whole situation doesn't bother me too much, because I think A&E have done worse before. *shrugs*

At least it's believable that Darth Hook has probably slept very little (or hasn't slept) since they got back. He looks like he needs a week long nap.

Maybe the curse is affecting him? Maybe whoever cast the curse added a rule that Darth Killian can't use his magic?

I feel like I should at least give them the next episode to explain some stuff before I get too judgey.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I think Killian is very strong and has shown us that. Emma is his motivation for becoming a better man, and I think he will need to cling to that and not give in to the anger. I understand his anger, and I understand Emma not wanting to let him go when she could do something about it. I think he'll come around, and I'm going to speculate that Rumple may be able to help talk him down.

No matter what happens, I'm going to hold on to the fact that in what he thought was his final moment, after centuries of living, Hook showed us the kind of man he really is. He didn't want the darkness. He didn't want to live if it meant going back to who he was before and he wanted to see Emma put the sword back together. 

• Love 14

No matter what happens, I'm going to hold on to the fact that in what he thought was his final moment, after centuries of living, Hook showed us the kind of man he really is. He didn't want the darkness. He didn't want to live if it meant going back to who he was before and he wanted to see Emma put the sword back together.

That killed me! :-/

• Love 2

Him knowing she has a future was enough for him. 

*starts crying all over again*

• Love 3

Hook is the villain who has taken the harder path time and time again. There's no reason he will not come out of this a stronger, better person.

Here, here! We have yet to know what went down in the 3 remaining Camelot weeks, too. I'm choosing to be optimistic.

• Love 1

If anything, Colin must be excited to play the "evil" role again. In his interviews, he always makes it seem like he has more fun playing the villainous side of Hook than the heroic side, even though he does both sides extremely well.

• Love 1