Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: All About the Bates Family

• Start Topic

Find out everything you want to know (and more!) about the Bates as they answer viewer questions and show hilarious never-before-seen footage.

I liked my title better: Bates Family Uncovered. Anyway I added Family to the official title because they didn't use Bateses again. I still can't believe that whomever is doing the episode titles doesn't know that the plural of Bates is Bateses. So ridiculous.

Edited by maraleia
added to note, adjusted title

What I thought was pretty funny is how much trouble they all had identifying the baby pictures. Either there are too many pics, or they don't look at them often enough. My husband is the youngest of 8 and while I realize it's not 19, his mom and dad plus siblings would know in a heartbeat who all the babies are, and there are 4 girls and 4 boys, all dark  haired. 

I also noted that the question came up as to whether or not there will be a Bates-Duggar wedding. The kids seemed to think yes, and Gil said you'll just have to watch the show. Hmmm.

The girls were all giggling and nudging Tori during the Duggar mentions. She also noted that she wants an "outgoing" guy. Interesting, since Joe Duggar is living in the dorms of Clown College and likely drops in on the Bateses quite often. The Bateses have posted pics of him at the house, so there's proof that he visits. Now, is he visiting to see Tori, or hang out with Nate, Law, and Trace? Hmmm.....

Gil is right. Joe is a built-in plot-line for future seasons. 

I thought it was real interesting the way they answered the Duggar-Bates wedding question, it seemed pretty definite afterwards I tried to imagine one of the Bates daughters married into that family. I don't think JimBob or Michelle would like having a daughter-in-law as outspoken as the Bates girls are. I can see why the Duggar boys might find them cute. Their fun, exciting, and always seem happy.

I don't think the Bates like the Duggars in real life.  The Bateses seem so different from the Duggars in that their love seems genuine for each other and their children.

I hope their is no Bates-Duggar wedding. 

I would think behind the scenes the Bates parents would not be happy about it.

I'm trying to imagine which Duggar boy Tori likes...She says she likes outgoing guys, but I don't see JD or Joseph as outgoing. Could it be Josiah? Joseph would make more sense since he's a frequent visitor to Casa Bates now that he's at Clown College. Could Joseph be shy for the cameras?? Maybe there's this extroverted side we have not seen.

I always thought Lawson and Jinger would make a good couple.  They seem to have similar personalities, and she once mentioned that she prefers a more urban environment.  They could live in Nashville if Lawson's music career goes further.  

Ugh, Tori and Carlin just grate.   

• Love 1

I don't think the Bates like the Duggars in real life.  The Bateses seem so different from the Duggars in that their love seems genuine for each other and their children.

I hope their is no Bates-Duggar wedding. 

I would think behind the scenes the Bates parents would not be happy about it.

My guess would be the opposite, that it'd be the Duggar parents not happy to have such outspoken/outgoing new family members influencing their "kind".

I thought the boys giving the tour was cute. I actually liked their Q&A but hope it's not repeated. Most shows (at least on TLC) end a season with the "tell all" (and it's odd to me that we get a new episode next week after this Q&A episode even though this show isn't on TLC) and the first season they do it is great. It's when it becomes a regular, after every season, thing that it becomes bad. There's never any real unanswered questions answered. It becomes simply a rehash of the season.

Edited by KarmaG

Ugh.  I just googled to find a picture of Joe--I have trouble telling some of these boys apart.  He reminds me of Jim Bob--too much!

Those Duggar boys don't hold up well to the competition.  I'm more impressed with the current spouses of the married Bates girls, and Michael's fiance.

The way they answered that question it really makes it seem like something is brewing behind the scenes.  There was know "oh we don't know.. I'm sure it's possible..."   It was like they were all hiding a secret, especially with papa bate's smirk and "you'll just have to wait and see!" 

There is totally a secret relationship going on.

Edited by gunderda

The way they answered that question it really makes it seem like something is brewing behind the scenes.  There was know "oh we don't know.. I'm sure it's possible..."   It was like they were all hiding a secret, especially with papa bate's smirk and "you'll just have to wait and see!" 

There is totally a secret relationship going on.

I don't think so. I think it's just to get people to keep watching. Kind of leading us on though it'll be an empty thing. 

Those Duggar boys don't hold up well to the competition.  I'm more impressed with the current spouses of the married Bates girls, and Michael's fiance.

ITA. No offense to the Duggar boys, but if I had to choose a fundie husband, I wouldn't look in their direction.

In particular, I think Erin has quite the catch. I was on the fence about Chad when I first started reading his blog, but seeing the way he looks at Erin and she looks at him, I think they're very much in love. Good match for sure.