Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Dave’s testimony to his marriage was strange to say the least. The tear, the miserable face, the monotone, yep Dave is definitely NOT happy. 

Good, I hope he is miserable. Take care of your kids moron! 

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 16
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

From the July 24 post

"We have gone to prayer regarding this situation. Our RV is not a pleasure vehicle. It is our "home" when we are on the road. We strive to take good care of it, but we have worn it down to the very "bones" as we have traveled from church to church around the USA. We have considered cutting out the travel (praising and preaching) part of our ministry, but we know that would devastate a lot of churches and we know it would be a lack of faith on our part.

So, we are asking you all to pray with us that God would show Himself mighty on our behalf on how He will provide for this need we have. Thank you for joining us in prayer. Pray that our faith will be increased. Thank you SO much!"

31 comments to this. lots of prayers and several suggestions to take it back to the "mechanics". Jill got no new RV.

She was really laying it on thick. Churches would be devastated. Maybe they are kind of hoping you CAN'T  make it as they not only have to hear you "sing", feed your entire family, maybe feel bad for the kids and give them something, donate money for whatever and just have to deal with you in general. 

• Like 21
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, wilsie said:

I was just going to write that there's a real possibility that those "devastated" churches are full of people who are praying really hard for the Rods not to be able to continue their pretense of a ministry.

They probably can't afford to have them show up! Times are tight with costs having risen. People don't have the money laying around to buy you an RV. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Dave is as bad as Jill.

He doesn't have a stable job, he appears to have no ambition, he beats his kids, he dips up first at meals so the children have less to share, he willingly goes on lots of stupid vacations with his wife, he eats out when he can, he willingly fathers children he has no intention of supporting, and he is OK that none of his children have a decent education or any skills to support themselves. He doesn't seem to be much of a headship in any sense of the word.

I hope both David and Jill are SEVERELY miserable. They've done an excellent job of making sure their children are. 

They are both reprehensible.

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She claims that a mechanic ruined the RV. 

I am sure they went somewhere cheap or the mechanic told them what the problem is (its on its last legs) and they didn't want to pay. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

Good maybe Jill will stop:

finger (ing) across America and defacing monuments while screeching:

How neat! look at the monument we posed at! Wow look at mah man eating lobster! Yummy in my tummy! Buy Plexus!

Give us $ for RV and stuff.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Good maybe Jill will stop:

finger (ing) across America and defacing monuments while screeching:

How neat! look at the monument we posed at! Wow look at mah man eating lobster! Yummy in my tummy! Buy Plexus!

Give us $ for RV and stuff.

She'll stop only when they pry that Plexus bottle from her dead, lifeless, sausage-fingered hands.

• LOL 14

I mentioned the other day how it was mid october and Jill had shown zero homeschooling.

Sofia is 8 years old, same as one of my grands. 3rd grade. Sofia is doing a workbook page of odd and even numbers. Grand is starting long division. ☹️

Poor Sammers - stuck in home school for another year of boredom.

• Like 7
  • Sad 20

I think we’ve also speculated on why Sammers didn’t have a graduation party or special trip in the spring. I guess it didn’t fit into JillyBean’s other travel plans, so looks like another year of schooling for him.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 12
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8 of the kids are shown “homeschooling” in the RV, including Samuel. Jill squeals at Janessa in a video.

312F54EB-F3E2-4E28-A4B1-A5350C22F2C3.jpeg

What a bag of hot air, she is.

After twenty years of Jill's "teaching," her adult kids can't write a coherent sentence or have a complex thought.

Sorry, Jill. The home school ship sailed a long time ago and no Rodrigueses were aboard. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 8
  • Applause 2
28 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Did Rene graduate and have a party or a graduation ceremony?

She had a virtual graduation during the pandemic. Same place the older 3 had theirs. Some home school thing in Virginia. (?)

Phillip had the church grad service that Jill took over to make it Phillip's graduation, hunk's 50th birthday and the nurthan taco smashing anatomy reveal for newbie.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=4039

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

What a bag of hot air, she is.

After twenty years of Jill's "teaching," her adult kids can't write a coherent sentence or have a complex thought.

Sorry, Jill. The home school ship sailed a long time ago and no Rodrigueses were aboard. 

No Rodrigueses were aboard sent me lol

• LOL 10

Observations from the schooling video.

The RV is filthy.

Sam has an old text book, but brand new work gloves on the seat next to him. (Priorities Jill?) Also sleeping bags behind Sam, so kids are still sleeping on the filthy floor.

Gabe has a new looking polo with logo Lighthouse Christian Conquerors -which seems to be a bible college in GA.

Next to Hannah - pretty new looking box from Build a Bear. There is a location not far from the sauerkraut resort, so I bet mama needed a new stuffy for her collection.

Sadie is shown sitting at the table diligently doing her school work, but in the background of the Janessa video you can clearly see Sadie standing and balancing her bible while trying to write in her work book. Her book is conveniently on a page about Nehemiah. So NEAT (smile).

I think they all just took turns posing for mama. Younger girls are all showered and in nightwear.

Biggest laugh for me was the example of the quality of repair by handiest hubby ever or handiest son ever.

Screenshot (517).png

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 12
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

See you evil haterz I homeschool once a year! 

-Jillpm 

This. 

I don't think the kids do much, if any, schoolwork unless BME has her camera out to make a revenge video. 

"OK, children. Stop what you're doing and come here! People are saying you don't get any education, that I'm too busy selling Plexus to teach you anything. Heathens lie because of Satan! I'm going to start crying because I'm so hurt and misunderstood. (Sobs.) And Tim and Heidi announced their engagement while I was on vacation and couldn't be there! They did that on purpose! (Sobs again.)

I'll deal with them later. Now, everybody get an old book and some paper and a pencil and sit down. Stare at the book. Write on the paper. When the camera gets to you, look up and smile to show how happy you are!  This won't take long. You can get back to your chores in a couple of minutes."

• Like 15
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

This. 

I don't think the kids do much, if any, schoolwork unless BME has her camera out to make a revenge video. 

"OK, children. Stop what you're doing and come here! People are saying you don't get any education, that I'm too busy selling Plexus to teach you anything. Heathens lie because of Satan! I'm going to start crying because I'm so hurt and misunderstood. (Sobs.) And Tim and Heidi announced their engagement while I was on vacation and couldn't be there! They did that on purpose! (Sobs again.)

I'll deal with them later. Now, everybody get an old book and some paper and a pencil and sit down. Stare at the book. Write on the paper. When the camera gets to you, look up and smile to show how happy you are!  This won't take long. You can get back to your chores in a couple of minutes."

I felt it was all just for show as soon as I saw them. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 7

Yesterday when I looked up the RV breakdowns over the past year I noticed Jill gives away the lack of schooling in the comments.

From one of the July posts someone asked how they keep up with school while traveling and Jill responded "Summer School!".

We know that is not true, since she proudly posted the stacks of books in the spring claiming hard working mama had finished the children's portfolios for the year.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Yesterday when I looked up the RV breakdowns over the past year I noticed Jill gives away the lack of schooling in the comments.

From one of the July posts someone asked how they keep up with school while traveling and Jill responded "Summer School!".

We know that is not true, since she proudly posted the stacks of books in the spring claiming hard working mama had finished the children's portfolios for the year.

She's fooling no one. Those poor kids. 

• Like 14
  • Sad 4
6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Dave looks really unwell in the homeschool video. Poppy needs to see a doctor ASAP. If he is drinking plexus it’s making him worse. Look at how puffy/unwell Jill looks too. All the $ they spend on themselves and they look unwell.

I am curious to see side by side pics of the two of them maybe just 5 years ago, anything farther back wouldn't be fair as we all look different after 10 years. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Observations from the schooling video.

The RV is filthy.

Sam has an old text book, but brand new work gloves on the seat next to him. (Priorities Jill?) Also sleeping bags behind Sam, so kids are still sleeping on the filthy floor.

Gabe has a new looking polo with logo Lighthouse Christian Conquerors -which seems to be a bible college in GA.

Next to Hannah - pretty new looking box from Build a Bear. There is a location not far from the sauerkraut resort, so I bet mama needed a new stuffy for her collection.

Sadie is shown sitting at the table diligently doing her school work, but in the background of the Janessa video you can clearly see Sadie standing and balancing her bible while trying to write in her work book. Her book is conveniently on a page about Nehemiah. So NEAT (smile).

I think they all just took turns posing for mama. Younger girls are all showered and in nightwear.

Biggest laugh for me was the example of the quality of repair by handiest hubby ever or handiest son ever.

Screenshot (517).png

Gabriel is diagramming sentences. That's middle school level work, at least it was when I was in evil public middle school. 😁

• Like 10
  • LOL 5
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Gabriel is diagramming sentences. That's middle school level work, at least it was when I was in evil public middle school. 😁

I was in evil Catholic school and we did them in middle school, maybe 6th grade? I loved doing that! 

• Like 11