Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: The Gang Goes on Family Fight

• Start Topic

(edited)

As soon as I saw the ad, "the gang goes on Family Feud," I knew that this was gonna be AMAZING. Yes, the episode description called them "the troupe" for some reason.

Right off the bat, the gang's faces when meeting the rival family was gold.

“His talk of pigs and man-flesh is as confusing as it is frustrating.”

I loved Charlie rationalizing why people wouldn't eat dragons "They're a meal for kings, I'm more of a common man. Dragons usually eat gold and treasure." The fact that his answers were always correct was so great. I knew that Charlie would've been able to get those last 5 points.

I loved how Dennis eventually rationalized that he was "thinking like a common man." Yeah, that's why answers like "sea urchin" weren't on the board. Dennis' breakdown at the end was such a great comeuppance. That Family Fight kept lingering on him through the credits? Gold.

Rickety Cricket cameo! It's actually sad that he was seriously the only person in their life they could film to cheer them on.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

What happened to Stephen Collin's character, their biological dad? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't invite the actor back, but it would have been hilarious if he had sent a lawyer in his place saying they should never contact him again.

Decent episode. I feel they lifted the "one point answers" gag from Family Guy, but seeing Keegan-Michael Key as the frustrated host made up for it. I cringed a lot, which is probably a good thing for this show. That included Mac explaining how he and Charlie were part of the Reynolds family.

Anybody else feel sorry for Dennis? I know, he's a full-bore sociopath, but seeing him in a buzzer-induced fetal position was sad. And funny.

• Love 2

That flew by so fast. Not remotely my favorite, I kinda wanted a different ending- wanted to see what answers Charlie had for those fast money questions. But the show can't have them ever really succeed, so maybe Charlie goes, and somehow muffs the final question for a typically Charlie reason, and they get 199.

That actually happened once on the real FF, I believe, where the first person got like 190+ and the second person literally got no answers.

• Love 1

Well, this one was dissapointing...

Is there some medical fact about sociopaths being sensitive to buzzer sounds? Watching Dennis's reaction reminded me of something I think I read once...

I did laugh, however, at Dee breaking the buzzer and making it explode and Frank somehow getting all the number one answers in the fast money segment, but I foudn  myself mostly bored.

Not my favorite episode but had its moments. 

I wonder if they tried to convince Family Feud to let them on the show and got turned down, so did this instead.  Various other sitcoms over the years have done episodes with the actually Family Feud hosts/game show.  Mama's Family (sadly I am admitting I used to watch that show) I know did it, but I think there have been others as well. 

I think I like Keegan-Michael Key as the host better than the current Feud host......I have never found Steve Harvey that funny.  He can be set up for the joke and stil miss half the time. 

I figured they must have interviewed Charlie at some point for those answers, but still funny. 

• Love 1

Ah, here it is... basically this exact scenario (well, minus the Reynolds family craziness) occurred last year. The balding, bespectacled father kills it for 182 points, then his daughter comes out all excited and... well, heartbreaking.

Thought . . . if Charlie had followed up Frank instead of Dennis, he could've won the game. Frank had 195 points . . . Charlie could have just popped off five one-point answers and gotten the win. Something else for Dennis to consider on his road to eviscerating random victims down the line.

• Love 1

I was totally expecting that to happen. We missed out on Charlie's answers to the final round! I bet either Charlie would've messed up at the last question or the buzzer gets to Dennis somehow that wasn't related to what ended up happening.

Mama's Family (sadly I am admitting I used to watch that show) I know did it, but I think there have been others as well. 

I'll join you. I even remember the scene where they gave one of their steal answers to the other family.  Also I believe 227 was another sitcom to appear, though there have probably been several.  It is made for that kind of thing.

Which is why I didn't love this episode.  It feels a little like a Hollywood "insert characters here" plot.  The gang was good and very much in character, but I prefer a more organic plot that only Sunny could do.

Ah, here it is... basically this exact scenario (well, minus the Reynolds family craziness) occurred last year. The balding, bespectacled father kills it for 182 points, then his daughter comes out all excited and... well, heartbreaking.

Oof. Watching Steve Harvey go somber is very disquieting.

• Love 1

I wish there was more interaction with the opposing family. I think if it came down to a true "Family Fight" it would've been funnier.

Even funnier hax it been the McPolyes!

That was funny. One thing . . . what's the deal with wolf's blood? Why would the Gang have that?

Ths same source as the wolf fur?
  • Love 2

I'm shocked that they wasted Anne Marie Horsford. Other then that, outstanding episode. An episode where everybody gets to do what they do best (Frank being a crazy political douchebag, dee being stupid and foulmouthed, Mac misunderstanding thing, Charlie being Charlie and Dennis being a pretentious psycho who gets put in his place) is always a joy. Key was excellent as the host, hopefully his character returns next season. 

• Love 1

I saw the rerun last night and liked it better than the first, although I am sure there was more the first time I saw it..

what would have been awesome would be for Charlie to nail the five one-point answers and win, only for the gang to be disqualified when the show producers realized why Charlie got the answers right, possibly after Mac

spills the beans.