Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I am not for instaNYADA or instaB'way. BUT what makes me angry is that it's the getting bored with B'way and not working hard which is the OOC for Rachel. This woman used to wake up at six thirty to practice, had her neighbours complaining and kept going on in the face of much adversity. The canon that Rachel doesn't have discipline is what is stupid and should be corrected. IN that sense, I don't see a problem with her ending up on Broadway even without a college degree, because seriously, i think most Broadway stars don't? So I don't see why Rachel needs that. It's really the Karen-ification of Rachel that I objected to the most. IF they correct that, i'm game. 

Of course, they had Jesse flunk out of college too (this still hurts, guys) so...i don't know...

I think Jesse flunking out wasn't OOC. it had been insinuated Vocal Adrenaline students got a lot handed to them on a plate, so then having to work for it himself being a struggle didn't seem that far fetched. 

I'm not sure if it's all the originals or just those who had been on Broadway, but Jenna was the only one to both work and get her degree, and I read in an interview she said it almost brought her to her knees it was so tough. 

Having said that if they showed me that I'd have no problem buying Rachel doing that. Friends, boyfriends, social life, sleeping, eating, would be for other people, if that's what it took for Rachel Berry to succeed. 

Why it is for the wedding reception.

There's a picture of Brittany, Santana, Mercedes and Sugar dancing, I'm sure I read it's to that. 

I think Jesse flunking out wasn't OOC. it had been insinuated Vocal Adrenaline students got a lot handed to them on a plate, so then having to work for it himself being a struggle didn't seem that far fetched. 

I'm not sure if it's all the originals or just those who had been on Broadway, but Jenna was the only one to both work and get her degree, and I read in an interview she said it almost brought her to her knees it was so tough. 

Having said that if they showed me that I'd have no problem buying Rachel doing that. Friends, boyfriends, social life, sleeping, eating, would be for other people, if that's what it took for Rachel Berry to succeed. 

Jenna didn't do Bway while she was at school.  She may have worked but she wasn't doing bway at the time.     Lea did HS and Bway her senior year. Matt did 2 years of college before dropping out for Footloose.

Edited by tom87

The impression that I got is that Rachel lost her drive for Funny Girl the instant that she was told that it might not be easy for her to translate her success to bigger opportunities. That Funny Girl might be it for her. That was the instant that the show felt like a trap that she was ready to chew her leg off to escape from. If anything, this was true to Rachel's character because she is such a goal-oriented individual. As soon as she achieves one goal, she's automatically looking forward to the next one. It's that kind of attitude that made her ready to bail from NYADA as soon as an opportunity presented itself.

• Love 2

I don't care, I loved Hey Ya and I'm glad Kevin is the one singing it, and I think it'll just be a big fun group dance number.

The TroubleTones number is I'm So Excited, FWIW.

• Love 1

It's a stupid situation the writers have put Rachel in when they made her give up Fanny. (I don't think it was OOC for her to be so rude to Carmen and ungratefully ditch NYADA the way she did.)

They did show how Rachel had discipline and perseverance in the past (though not exactly the teamwork spirit) and yet they had her get bored on Broadway after a month. But it happened, and because she didn't show any discipline on Broadway she does need some education to learn and earn it. I don't like it, but it's canon now. If Rachel now chooses a quick Broadway return over NYADA she will not have learned anything and probably get bored again soon doing 8 shows a week.

(It's the same with Kurt and Blaine, who still have not worked out being able to live together by the time they get married.)

Maybe Rachel was able to be that disciplined in high school because she was constantly getting rewarded for it by Will in ND, and singing different songs every week, which wouldn't have gotten her bored.

But doing the same role in the same show 8 times a week for at least a year calls for quite a lot of discipline: there are many seasonsed actors who've expressed how hard that is (I remember a recent interview with Emma Thompson, who said she got quite depressed having to be so happy all the time on stage during a longer run of some show she was in.)

-ETA-

'Heya' is fun, and since it's for the reception and not the actual ceremony I'm fine with it being the upbeat version.

Edited by Glorfindel

The autotune machine will be in overdrive! 

When have the Troubletones ever been auto-tuned? Also Gloria Estefan is singing on that song too, I don't think they'd auto-tune her.

When have the Troubletones ever been auto-tuned? Also Gloria Estefan is singing on that song too, I don't think they'd auto-tune her.

They don't autotune Vanessa and Heather?

Wait, Santana and her mother are both singing on a song about sex? Fair enough, it still the most inappropriate mother/daughter song.

I wonder if Rachel's chance to be in another Broadway show comes from the audition that Mercedes got her, or if it's offered to her by Jesse?

If it's the latter, it will be yet another thing handed to her without doing anything for it herself.

If it's the former, then Rachel would either reject NYADA and Carmen Tibideax after having begged for and gotten another chance, or she will reject a part she auditioned for, so the producers would count on her being available for the part when offered, which in both cases doesn't make her look good.

I also wonder if indeed it's Jesse that does her that Broadway offer, if it will be with exterior motives (Jesse wanting to get back into Rachel's pants). If so, it might even be that the choice of getting back on Broadway would be decided by which guy Rachel loves the most: Sam or Jesse. Ugh, this show would go there.

What a mess.

They don't autotune Vanessa and Heather?

Wait, Santana and her mother are both singing on a song about sex? Fair enough, it still the most inappropriate mother/daughter song.

Vanessa has never sung on a TTones number, except for saying/singing "WHAT" over and over in the Survivor mash-up. And Heather mostly either didn't sing at all (Edge of Glory, Survivor), sang one phrase ("rumour has it"), or sang a couple of verses at most (Stronger), and in those songs I don't think Heather was auto-tuned? The TTones have pretty consistently been dominated by Amber's and Naya's voices. 

Also, I'm So Excited is just a big group number, with the moms of the brides/grooms singing with the TTones. It's just being used a fun, upbeat reception song.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1
Umm...yeah, thank god it's not the dead guy. Okay then.

I mean seriously.  What the...???    I get not liking  Finchel but as stated above, the comment was so..

"I"m so excited" is a standard of wedding receptions, inappropriate lyrics or not.

Though I'm surprised Glee never used (or did they) "We are Family", now that's a wedding staple among my friends/family.

Yeah, it wasn't OOC, exactly - just made my heart hurt to have Jesse fail at something. 

Just listened to Hey Ya. As usual, I think Kevin does a credible job.   My problem with his singing R&B songs (besides the nasal quality of his voice) has always been that, because he's not an R&B singer, he never brings anything new or different to the song.  He just parrots someone else's style.  It's typical karaoke.

Edited by LydiaMoon1

I wonder if Rachel's chance to be in another Broadway show comes from the audition that Mercedes got her, or if it's offered to her by Jesse?

If it's the latter, it will be yet another thing handed to her without doing anything for it herself.

If it's the former, then Rachel would either reject NYADA and Carmen Tibideax after having begged for and gotten another chance, or she will reject a part she auditioned for, so the producers would count on her being available for the part when offered, which in both cases doesn't make her look good.

I also wonder if indeed it's Jesse that does her that Broadway offer, if it will be with exterior motives (Jesse wanting to get back into Rachel's pants). If so, it might even be that the choice of getting back on Broadway would be decided by which guy Rachel loves the most: Sam or Jesse. Ugh, this show would go there.

What a mess.

Or he tells her of an audition and she gets it.

That is no different they anyone else giving a person a lead on a job.  It is more believable imo than getting Funny Girl from an open call.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

His step mom Carole, is in the number.

That just doesn't seem right. It is very Glee to trample all over Kurt's feelings, wouldn't Carole in the 'mom's' number be a giant reminder his mom isn't there. 

Just listened to Hey Ya. As usual, I think Kevin does a credible job.   My problem with his singing R&B songs (besides the nasal quality of his voice) has always been that, because he's not an R&B singer, he never brings anything new or different to the song.  He just parrots someone else's style.  It's typical karaoke.

Answering in the songs thread. 

That just doesn't seem right. It is very Glee to trample all over Kurt's feelings, wouldn't Carole in the 'mom's' number be a giant reminder his mom isn't there.

Actually I think it's sweet to show he has a good relationship with his step mother.  Especially with the loss of Finn for Carole.  It's not as if Kurt is a replacement for Finn or Carole is a replacement for Kurt's mother, but rather that they are in a good place with each other.

Today is a Glee day off.

So five six days of filming left, ending Saturday.

• Love 7

Actually I think it's sweet to show he has a good relationship with his step mother.  Especially with the loss of Finn for Carole.  It's not as if Kurt is a replacement for Finn or Carole is a replacement for Kurt's mother, but rather that they are in a good place with each other.

That would be sweet. It's Glee so it's more likely they wanted to show off Gloria Estefan and the guest stars playing Blaine and Brittany's mums, then realised Kurt's mom is dead so stuck Carole in. 

And of course the professional bar none Mia Swier had to insert her live-in in the promo...LOL.

Now for the good stuff,  Harry Shum for all the BTS promos  (and Vanessa too!~).  Of course Glee will include the fanfic of Sugar as Brittanna's future child...

Edited by caracas1914

And of course the professional bar none Mia Swier had to insert her live-in in the promo...LOL.

Now for the good stuff,  Harry Shum for all the BTS promos  (and Vanessa too!~).  Of course Glee will include the fanfic of Sugar as Brittanna's future child...

As long as they include the fanfic, that Harmony is St. Berry's future daughter.  :-)

Harry Shum is so yummy.  I have missed Mike on my screen.

What a mess.

You just made my heart break a little. I hadn't considered that the writers would do it that way, but of course they probably will. I'd rather it be a total surprise to Jesse, as in Rachel has to audtion again with the lead male they've already chosen and it is Jesse (much to both their surprise).

Also, no more love triangles BLECH!!!! Jesse has been in love with Rachel for a long time (he just didn't realize it until it was too late) so I really don't need to see him get dumped for another jock, again. 

In any case, I'm just happy they portray Jesse as finding his niche after floundering in season 2 & 3. When I watched his expression after Carmen told him he had passion and was talented I could see a a rekindling of hope in his eyes, so I'm happy the writers have pursued that.

Edited by Casual Viewing
  • Love 1

Still rolling my eyes at what lame excuse the show is going to come up and pull out of their asses   to have Santana more than OK with Klaine horning in on their wedding.  From the previews it looks like Kurt and Blaine are originally dressed (in white coats) as part of the wedding party, so it appears that it really is a last minute switch to have them also get married that day.

My guess it  is something related to Blaine's dad not there  (Anderson parents getting  divorced so a wedding expense is not feasible) and Glee will pull out we are all family card.  Brittany I could see being OK with it, but not my Santana.  .  Not gonna lie, I wish it was Santana and Brittany's big day exclusively, and this is coming from a big Kurt fan.

I'm laughing that Kurt was ambushed with the big proposal and Now probably his DAD (??) and friends and family are going to ambush him with a wedding.  Would love if there is a date rape drug also involved.  :)

Edited by caracas1914

I'm laughing that Kurt was ambushed with the big proposal and Now probably his DAD (??) and friends and family are going to ambush him with a wedding.  Would love if there is a date rape drug also involved.  :)

All signs pointing to a happy and long lasting marriage. ;)

Lol, so they go about 6-7 years into the future in the penultimate episode, but then go 6 years back in time (current time, so 12 years earlier than the future episode) in the final episode, in which they can totally screw up or even erase the present and the future if they want to.

This will be fun.   *sarcasm*

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 1

Lol, so they go about 6-7 years into the future in the penultimate episode, but then go 6 years back in time (current time, so 12 years earlier than the future episode) in the final episode, in which they can totally screw up or even erase the present and the future if they want to.

This will be fun.   *sarcasm*

I'm now thinking they will do just that.  In which case I will cease to watch after Dreams Come True. (Although if it means that Klaine never happened, I could be tempted. I just am afraid about what they'll do to St.Berry in the process.)

Edited by Casual Viewing

So we are gonna flash forward in the first hour and then flash backwards in the second half to 2009 where Blaine is in lima and probably sam but no Quinn, Santana, Mike or Brittany, that makes so much sense.

Edited by Sunshiner
  • Love 3

The logistics of this is something I've been puzzling over.  First of all, did they really write 2009 to be so divorced from the Season 6 timeline that they could just drop it anywhere?  I mean, usually a flashback episode has some tether to the current timeline - like the characters sitting around telling the New New New New (whatever) Directions about how bad things were before Glee Club, as encouragement or something.  But usually there are bookend scenes, which presumably will have to be altered since they've moved the episode in the airing schedule.

However, now that they've really moved 2009 to be the series finale, they clearly have time to do some re-editing (since they're still shooting).  Maybe they're planning to edit 2009 so that the flashback is still the bulk of the episode, but put the flash forward at the end of 2009, instead of at the end of Dreams Come True.  Because the flash forward really seems like it should be the last thing we see on Glee. Otherwise 2009 will really feel just 'tacked on' - so why have it last?  I guess they could treat 2009 like 'Previously Unaired Christmas' with some intro from Sue.

Also, regarding the bold - do we have reason to believe they're going to do any retconning of the series in 2009?  From what little I recall, I thought it was just following the Original Five before they joined Glee Club, so I'm not sure why or how they could change the present or future.

Edited by tab19

So we are gonna flash forward in the first hour and then flash backwards in the second half to 2009 where Blaine is in lima and probably sam but no Quinn, Santana, Mike or Brittany, that makes so much sense.

Glee used in the same sentence as sense is an oxymoron.

Also, regarding the bold - do we have reason to believe they're going to do any retconning of the series in 2009?  From what little I recall, I thought it was just following the Original Five before they joined Glee Club, so I'm not sure why or how they could change the present or future.

They could not just retcon.  They could completely erase everything that happened in season 1 through 6 as in it never happened nor will happen.

Edited by Casual Viewing

Literally the only thing that should be in the end of a show like this is a last group song. Do whatever you want with the other 39 minutes of the episode, but how do you not end GLEE with a song?!?!

YUP ! One last group song with everyone that made the show the success that it was but this is Glee

My guess is the filming for "2009" and "Dreams come true" is going to be spliced together into one big mega episode. Dare I say mash up?

Would the directors'/writers' guild let them do that though? 

For syndication they still need some separation of the two episodes.

YUP ! One last group song with everyone that made the show the success that it was but this is Glee

Well not everyone is going to be there.

I would live with the original  5 and Mr Shue tbh.

As of now Pony is the last song??? WTH???

Edited by tom87

Would laugh if Glee is all Matt Rutherford's feverish dreams...

The finale will probably be an epic fail but the show could do worse than focus on the Original Five as a conclusion...

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

I'm now thinking they will do just that.  In which case I will cease to watch after Dreams Come True. (Although if it means that Klaine never happened, I could be tempted. I just am afraid about what they'll do to St.Berry in the process.)

But what a chance to give Rachel two men as endgames: Jesse in DCT, and Sam in an AU "2009" which doesn't have Finn! 

Hmm, makes that script floating around, that has them in some mental institution, not seem so crazy now.

Titled "Normal Again", I'm sure