Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

He even said it himself when asked about his favored parings. 

Yeah Chord isn't professional at all. I think he was saying that to appease some or most of his shallow fans. I mean there used to be countless tweets between him and Amber so I think they at least are friendly and get along. But yeah his whole stance and pandering to specific parts of his fanbase is quite disturbing, stupid, unprofessional of him especially while he claims "he loves all of his fans."

• Love 4

Yeah Chord isn't professional at all. I think he was saying that to appease some or most of his shallow fans. I mean there used to be countless tweets between him and Amber so I think they at least are friendly and get along. But yeah his whole stance and pandering to specific parts of his fanbase is quite disturbing, stupid, unprofessional of him especially while he claims "he loves all of his fans."

What did he say?

What did he say?

He stated he liked the stuff he did with Quinn and Brittany. But those 2 went along with what ever was written unlike Mercedes/Amber who asked for changes to her actually losing her virginity to Sam; she didn't want that to happen. So who knows his reasoning but he is the ONLY cast member that I can recall has ever made that kind of comment. The rest are professional enough to show up do the job and promote the show mostly.

Edited by Ann Mack

I'm sure that script is fake, if only because if they were really going to do that, it would be completely under lock and key.  Although props to whoever spent the time making a fake script... even if they did steal the idea from Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

Who stole it from Newhart, who stole it from St. Elsewhere...

Just to be clear, I'm not talking generally about 'Oh look, the whole series was make believe in the mind of one of the characters.'  I'm talking specifically about a Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode

(not the finale) that has been controversially interpreted to mean that the entire series is an elaborate delusion in the mind of Buffy, who's locked up in a mental health ward So, the mental health ward parallel

That may have been done earlier as well, but the BTVS version came to mind.

Also, I'm surprisingly entertained by the scene with Brittany's parents (Glee's attempts at humor have been REALLY off sometimes this season as far as I'm concerned).  And if it IS Stephen Hawking, then the 'robot' is a nice callback to Brittany thinking Artie was a robot.

Also, I'm surprisingly entertained by the scene with Brittany's parents (Glee's attempts at humor have been REALLY off sometimes this season as far as I'm concerned). 

Jennifer Coolidge as Brittany's mom is perfect. Her line delivery makes me laugh every single time, no matter what she says or what movie/tv show she's in. So, even if Glee writes its typical terrible dialogue, I think Jennifer Coolidge can make it funny. But, it's good that Michael Hitchcock wrote this episode, since he and Jennifer go way back, and he can hopefully hear her voice pretty well.

He stated he liked the stuff he did with Quinn and Brittany. But those 2 went along with what ever was written unlike Mercedes/Amber who asked for changes to her actually losing her virginity to Sam; she didn't want that to happen. So who knows his reasoning but he is the ONLY cast member that I can recall has ever made that kind of comment. The rest are professional enough to show up do the job and promote the show mostly.

Probably because Amber probably knew that Samcedes were not going to end up together so she wanted to keep a part of Mercedes dignity intact. Which is respectful.

Chord also seems to love the stuff with Sam and Rachel. In fact he said his favorite Glee kiss was Samchel.

I still remember that he tweeted about how "Sam and Rachel" and "Samchel" trended online on twitter and ignored the Samcedes trend, harsh.

I would love to know at what point does Sam become aware he is/was hypnotized or if he "never" finds out. This whole story plot line is ridiculous and it isn't doing Sam or Rachel any favors. They are currently writing Rachel as naive as Sam and seemingly desperate to have any man love her at this point. And it just happens at this time and point Sam is the guy in the cross hairs because of Sue's meddling and because Rachel finds him safe.

GleeonFox is trying really hard to give the Sam and Rachel debacle traction but it seems it's mostly (my opinion and not fact)  rabid Sam/Chord stans who want him as a lead and with anyone but Mercedes and those Rachel stans who don't want her to end up alone that are buying into this farce. So yeah whatever Glee.

The hypnosis storyline is done. I think that was made clear when Sue returned the rage fork and said she feels elated again. I doubt we'll find out about the hypnosis but Sam was 100% himself after Rachel snapped him out of it and he's gonna be 100% himself from here on out so when he starts falling in love w/ Rachel that's gonna be him. When he and Mercedes get their closure, that's gonna be him. 

I don't think they're writing Rachel that way at all. She seems to be falling for Sam not because of the marriage vows or creepy talk but just Sam being himself. She smiled a very telling smile when he was bobbing along like a dork to AOOL. Rachel already is starting to fall for him. Not to mention they paralleled Samchel and Klaine in this entire two parter, and tied it back with the looks during AOOL. 

Sue basically failed in both relationships doing what she wanted. Both couples will get together of their own accord without Sue's meddling.

Edited by Hookian

I still remember that he tweeted about how "Sam and Rachel" and "Samchel" trended online on twitter and ignored the Samcedes trend, harsh.

That just makes Chord look unprofessional, which apparently isn't new.

He, and I assume Lea will promote this, it's their storyline. Still can make the storyline anything but stupid.

• Love 1

IMO  Rachel falling  for Sam is dumbing her down a bit.   First off he is acting strange then he is bopping around in his seat like a 5 year old and she is finding that endearing?

And why do they feel the need to have Sam keep saying how hot she is and how he likes a tiny booty?  She seems to be liking him for being a dork and helping her I guess but so far all he seems to say unconsciously and consciously is something about her psychical appearance.

• Love 1

And why do they feel the need to have Sam keep saying how hot she is and how he likes a tiny booty?  She seems to be liking him for being a dork and helping her I guess but so far all he seems to say unconsciously and consciously is something about her psychical appearance.

Did he actually say that? I fast forward most of his screen time. That's pretty offensive considering he dated Mercedes and Santana.

Did he actually say that? I fast forward most of his screen time. That's pretty offensive considering he dated Mercedes and Santana.

He didn't say he didn't like bigger butts too.  So no it was not offensive to them.

It was offensive to Rachel if anyone becasue it was unnecessary and had nothing to do with anything.  They even went as far to  pan down and take a shot of her butt.

I happen to think Lea has a nice butt so not sure what the point was  she is s tiny woman but still has shape to her butt.  It was unnecessary like a lot of the times they reference their personal appearance. 

Edited by tom87

There are script pages in the great void known as Tumblr that seem to indicate some St Elsewhereish ending. I'd call this totally crazy, but when I went to my work lunch room today there was a life sized blow up snow globe. I'm fairly sure I'm not high, but sometimes it is hard to tell.

Holy shit, please let this be real. 

• Love 1

Looks like Groff is going to be in the final episode which is filming this morning. At this point all I care about is that Jesse makes it in N.Y. and gets Rachel and Kurt back to N.Y. too. But considering RIB's track record I must not get my hopes up.

• Love 3

Looks like Groff is going to be in the final episode which is filming this morning. At this point all I care about is that Jesse makes it in N.Y. and gets Rachel and Kurt back to N.Y. too. But considering RIB's track record I must not get my hopes up.

Source?

Jon was in Lancaster PA on Jan 31.

Edited by tom87

Source is Groff's mom. From this article on his concert in Lancaster: 

Groff's mother, Julie, noted that her son and Campbell came in at 2 a.m., early Saturday and that he was set to leave for Los Angeles, to film the final episode of "Glee" at 6 this morning.

Woohoo Groff is coming back for the 2 hour finale! He starts filming tomorrow. Well then I guess that can fill in the dot for what role he plays.

He's gonna be the new Vocal Adrenaline coach since Sectionals is coming in 12. Clint's line in the last episode "We'll see about that" was obvious foreshadowing that Will will not be their coach much longer. He will be gone/fired before Sectionals. 

I mean come on they got so ticked off at the fact that they lost a silly Invitationals. Do you honestly think they're gonna take the chance for Will to screw them over again at Sectionals? They're gonna need a coach once Will is fired, what better one than a VA alumni but also a previous coach?

This is also perfect tie in to S1. Rachel vs Jesse rematch from S1. Jesse won last time. Rachel will win this time. 

Edited by Hookian

I am hoping Jesse will be her final push back to Bway. I also hope they sing.

But if they want to tie him to VA whatever, but it better be a plot with Rachel and not a last minute look  Jessie is across the way coaching VA.

• Love 1

I am hoping Jesse will be her final push back to Bway. I also hope they sing.

But if they want to tie him to VA whatever, but it better be a plot with Rachel and not a last minute look  Jessie is across the way coaching VA.

I think the fact that they've been building to a showdown between VA this season and they're clearly being perceived as the villains is a dead give away that their coach will get as much focus as they do. Especially if it's Jesse St. James.

Will won't be their coach at Sectionals, Clints words in the last episode made that almost a sure bet. He will be gone/fired by then. They won't take the chance for him to screw them over again, especially when there are actual stakes on the line.

Jesse's obviously in Lima though if he starts filming tomorrow and we know Sectionals is being filmed very soon. Makes a ton of sense.

Of course it will tie to Rachel, since Rachel is leading ND's. It's gonna be a rematch from S1, Jesse vs Rachel. Jesse won the last time.

Edited by Hookian

I think the fact that they've been building to a showdown between VA this season and they're clearly being perceived as the villains is a dead give away that their coach will get as much focus as they do. Especially if it's Jesse St. James.

Will won't be their coach at Sectionals, Clints words in the last episode made that almost a sure bet. He will be gone/fired by then. They won't take the chance for him to screw them over again, especially when there are actual stakes on the line.

Jesse's obviously in Lima though if he starts filming tomorrow and we know Sectionals is being filmed very soon. Makes a ton of sense.

Of course it will tie to Rachel, since Rachel is leading ND's. It's gonna be a rematch from S1, Jesse vs Rachel. Jesse won the last time.

Yeah I read what you said the first time.    

But that was not my point so I will repeat myself I hope Jessie has more to do then just VA and helps in Rachel getting/deciding to get back to Bway.

• Love 1

I think Will will leave before VA has a chance to fire him.

You think so? IDK I think even though he'll hate it he will suck it up because he has a family to provide for. I think by episode 10-11 he'll be fired. 

I think that him being fired would provide more energy for ND's going against VA. VA getting the good hearted Will fired would surely be a way for the audience to root for them to lose. 

VA is going to need a coach once Will leaves and this makes the most sense. Jesse is not only a VA alumni but he was a previous head coach as well. Not to mention he has a history with the coach of ND's so it would be a showdown between Jesse vs Rachel echoing season one.

Edited by Hookian

If they recycle the Jesse versus Rachel again in competition I will be ticked off. The last we saw of Jesse he was talking to Carmen and wanting Rachel to succeed in getting to be a star on Broadway.

Jesse has never cared about ND but he does care about Rachel. Everything he's done since he came back in Season 2 has shown that. To bring him back as competition will only be acceptable to me if it somehow leads to them both back in New York and we get a song from Groff!

Edited by Casual Viewing
  • Love 3

That just makes Chord look unprofessional, which apparently isn't new.

He, and I assume Lea will promote this, it's their storyline. Still can make the storyline anything but stupid.

Exactly. The story line is stupid and he is childish and extremely unprofessional. When he got the NY story line with him and Mercedes he was excited there was even an E News interview with that Kristen Santos lady. But I guess this upset some of his fan base so he reverted back to pandering to specific types. I am at a whatever with the character (which is some what out of his control) and the individual because I don't take lightly someone in the public eye being disrespectful to their fellow cast mates or to some of their fans. Grow up Chord.

• Love 1

If they recycle the Jesse versus Rachel again in competition I will be ticked off. The last we saw of Jesse he was talking to Carmen and wanting Rachel to succeed in getting to be a star on Broadway.

Jesse has never cared about ND but he does care about Rachel. Everything he's done since he came back in Season 2 has shown that. To bring him back as competition will only be acceptable to me if it somehow leads to them both back in New York and we get a song from Groff!

No he never cared about ND's but that's the reason why he would make the most sense to be the coach. Especially since VA's coach ATM is the previous coach from their rival school that they feel is screwing them over.

Jesse definitely cares about Vocal Adrenaline., he's an alumni and previous head coach. 

I never got the vibe Jesse cared about much of anything except himself. He had that sociopath vibe going except for that one time he joined the endless chorus of people propping up Rachel to get her into NYADA. He's a lot like the straight version of Sebastian. I'm there for it, but I'm not going to pretend he's a decent human.

• Love 1

No he never cared about ND's but that's the reason why he would make the most sense to be the coach. Especially since VA's coach ATM is the previous coach from their rival school that they feel is screwing them over.

Jesse definitely cares about Vocal Adrenaline., he's an alumni and previous head coach.

No one is arguing with you that they would bring him back as VA's coach. What we are saying is that we want Jesse to also be involved in getting Rachel back to giving her dreams and Broadway goals another shot, and/or Jesse also gets to make it in N.Y. They were both driven, talented, and had the same goals. We want them to be back on the road to achieving those.

Edited by Casual Viewing
  • Love 1

I am glad the guest from the past returning aren't the real stunt type guests ala Gweneth or Matt Bomer.

Yes Gloria is back as Santana's mom but her stunt casting didn't take over the show.

I am glad the guest from the past returning aren't the real stunt type guests ala Gweneth or Matt Bomer.

Yes Gloria is back as Santana's mom but her stunt casting didn't take over the show.

There's actually a decent reason for her to be back too. Unlike Gwyneth in 100.

I'd like Matt Bomer back, I couldn't care less if it was stunt casting or not. Also he has a good reason to be back if Blaine is getting married. I'll take any reason to watch Matt Bomer (except watch American Horror Story)

• Love 1

I hope they wouldn't be just bringing Jesse back to be VA head coach again. In a pinch, sure. But as the end of his story? He did that already, why does everyone have to go back to what they already did? It would be nice if Rachel gave Jesse a pep talk/intervened somehow (like he did for her with Carmen) to help him so that he's not stuck in perpetual high school hell for the rest of his career. Jesse and Rachel starring in a revival of Spring Awakening on Broadway could be the last shot. They like to pull from real life for "inspiration", after all. ;)

I hope they wouldn't be just bringing Jesse back to be VA head coach again. In a pinch, sure. But as the end of his story? He did that already, why does everyone have to go back to what they already did? It would be nice if Rachel gave Jesse a pep talk/intervened somehow (like he did for her with Carmen) to help him so that he's not stuck in perpetual high school hell for the rest of his career. Jesse and Rachel starring in a revival of Spring Awakening on Broadway could be the last shot. They like to pull from real life for "inspiration", after all. ;)

I wouldn't mind them staring together but the SA stuff would be over the top even for glee.

There's actually a decent reason for her to be back too. Unlike Gwyneth in 100.

I'd like Matt Bomer back, I couldn't care less if it was stunt casting or not. Also he has a good reason to be back if Blaine is getting married. I'll take any reason to watch Matt Bomer (except watch American Horror Story)

But I don't trust Ryan to make it all about Bomer. 

That is the reason I liked the people they are bringing back instead of those they basically wrote an episode for to showcase them.

I don't understand what the big deal is with Chord saying he likes his pairing with Quinn or Brittany or Rachel? He said he was excited about the Mercedes plot line in NY too. It sounds like he says he's excited about whatever relationship they put him in at the time. Would it not be offensive if he went around saying he loves Samcedes the best right now when Samchel is happening? Wouldn't it be unprofessional to go around blasting any of the relationships he didn't like? No point in promoting Samcedes if the show isn't IMO. Sorry I would quote specific posts but I don't know how on my phone.

I wouldn't mind them staring together but the SA stuff would be over the top even for glee.

Well, yes, I was kidding about that, but some musical with them singing as leads. But I wouldn't put it past these writers. Rachel and Kurt on Broadway probably wouldn't happen because Kurt's story has to be about him and Blaine, apparently (adopting Fettucine Alfredo? Ugh, what a name LOL).

We haven't heard about Bomer being in the wedding episode, but a cut to Cooper being away doing more of his "acting" could be funny. I hope they at least make a reference to Cooper.

I don't understand what the big deal is with Chord saying he likes his pairing with Quinn or Brittany or Rachel? He said he was excited about the Mercedes plot line in NY too. It sounds like he says he's excited about whatever relationship they put him in at the time. Would it not be offensive if he went around saying he loves Samcedes the best right now when Samchel is happening? Wouldn't it be unprofessional to go around blasting any of the relationships he didn't like? No point in promoting Samcedes if the show isn't IMO. Sorry I would quote specific posts but I don't know how on my phone.

Chord was pretty shady the night he tweeted that. Someone also asked him something about Blaine I think, and he responded and said he prefers Kevin's voice or something like that.

I remember his tweet about the Quinn and Brittany relationships caused a stir cause he tweeted it like right after the Samcedes breakup scene, so I definitely think he was trolling/trying to get a reaction. In addition to wanting to troll fans, I just think Chord is a frat boy who likes blondes. I know it was speculated that the reason why RIB created the character of Blaine instead of pairing Sam and Kurt as rumored was because he had some shady sounding statements about playing Kurt's love interest and was gushing all over the place about Dianna. I think Chord just doesn't have much tact.

• Love 4

I really didn't want Sectionals to be the last twp episode I was hoping they would get that over with in episode 11.

I do not need another 4 or 5 songs from the glee clubs.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Is it better to throw away all previous episodes/characters/etc over the course of a whole season before a terrible series finale (Glee) or is it better if it all crashes and burns in the last five minutes (HIMYM)?

Is it better to throw away all previous episodes/characters/etc over the course of a whole season before a terrible series finale (Glee) or is it better if it all crashes and burns in the last five minutes (HIMYM)?

The HIMYM because at least you have some decent episodes. The other difference is, while I'm no fan of the end of HIMYM I get what the writers were trying to do, it didn't turn out well but I can see the vision in their head. I've no fuckin idea what the glee writers are doing, what their vision is except to say fuck you to the people who keep watching.

• Love 3

Another thing to add to the Jesse being the new VA coach is that Rachel's is gonna need a new rival. Because think about it, in the Invitationals competition, Rachel and Kurt already beat Will and Blaine. So now they need a real challenge at Sectionals when the stakes are gonna be much higher. Enter Jesse St. James.

Another thing to add to the Jesse being the new VA coach is that Rachel's is gonna need a new rival. Because think about it, in the Invitationals competition, Rachel and Kurt already beat Will and Blaine. So now they need a real challenge at Sectionals when the stakes are gonna be much higher. Enter Jesse St. James.

There are no stakes, New Directions will win, unless someone keels over, because that's the only reason they've ever lost.

• Love 2

Matthew recently tweeted that he is on a plane to New York to start finding Neverland rehersals . I hope that he comes back for the finale. I can't imagine it without him.

That might mean he might not be filming much. If Sectionals filming for 6x12 is this week it could be because Will was fired so he likely won't be needed until after Sectionals filming wraps. Though the filming he was doing was for 6x11.

There are no stakes, New Directions will win, unless someone keels over, because that's the only reason they've ever lost.

There are "stakes" within the show even though we know ND's are going to win. Jesse being the coach completely will place Rachel in an underdog position because Jesse is not only VA alumni but also A national leading show choir director. He took VA all the way to Nationals, so he's definitely a threat.

ND's also lost because 2 members made out on stage during a number as well.