Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I know I never said differently in fact I even mentioned limited use.  But they are supposedly back as regulars unlike the others who will appear as guest.  

Spoilers say Kurt is getting credit for directing the glee  club.

Because  we all know directing  a glee club is a better method of learning then  having experienced teacher teach and hands on experience in acting classes or singing lessons.

Yes Mercedes and Artie  are both back for limited use. They have a select number of episodes each they can appear in.

They just wanted Hummelberry as co-directors vs Sue.

Edited by Hookian

I think Kevin in Season 6 was finally  expendable like some of the prior Regulars.   He was always the quintessential  supporting player, never a lead, but still marginally useful enough to keep around.  However, with the action shifting back to McKinley, the 4 leads , Rachel, Kurt, Sam and Blaine spread out among McKinley and Dalton there was enough supporting cast per the new structure  (plus Sue/Will/etc)  that there wasn't really any compelling  reason to drag Artie out of NY.   (Yes, Yes, there wasn't any compelling reason for ANY of them).

There is absolutely zero about any storylines for his character this coming year.

Edited by caracas1914

I think Kevin in Season 6 was finally  expendable like some of the prior Regulars.   He was always the quintessential  supporting player, never a lead, but still marginally useful enough to keep around.  However, with the action shifting back to McKinley, the 4 leads , Rachel, Kurt, Sam and Blaine spread out among McKinley and Dalton there was enough supporting cast per the new structure  (plus Sue/Will/etc)  that there wasn't really any compelling  reason to drag Artie out of NY.   (Yes, Yes, there wasn't any compelling reason for ANY of them).

There is absolutely zero about any storylines for his character this coming year.

You could say the same for Mercedes since it sounds like she's only there for the Sam/Rachel storyline. We haven't heard anything about her having a individual story this season.

Plus it's pretty interesting that she appears in 2 and then isn't there for 3 and 4, yet comes back in 5 after Sam/Rachel have kissed. To me that sounds like Mercedes is coming back to be a plot device for Sam/Rachel.

I assume he's why Kitty's back so they can pair him off.

Or he could be paired off with Mercedes.

Edited by Hookian

Broken record.

Still interesting that they kept him as a regular though when they dropped Jenna. for season 6.

I think Kevin in Season 6 was finally  expendable like some of the prior Regulars.   He was always the quintessential  supporting player, never a lead, but still marginally useful enough to keep around.  However, with the action shifting back to McKinley, the 4 leads , Rachel, Kurt, Sam and Blaine spread out among McKinley and Dalton there was enough supporting cast per the new structure  (plus Sue/Will/etc)  that there wasn't really any compelling  reason to drag Artie out of NY.

I think you are right. Which is why I find it interesting that they decided to keep him on as a regular. Yes he and Amber will only be making limited appearances, but so will, Dianna, Naya, Heather and Harry. Yet they have those guys only coming in as 'guest stars. Jenna is bumped down to guest star status (she was still holding on the regular cast status in Season 5.) But Kevin and will get to stay a regular cast member and they are bumping Amber back up to a regular cast member. Despite their screen time. I'm not placing any importance on it one way or another, I just think it is interesting. I could even see their rationale for just keeping Kevin a regular cast member, but why bother bumping Amber back up if she will still only be appearing as much as the guest stars. Hey, i'm not mad at her! Get your money girl! If she was able to negotiate that more power to her (and her team). I just wonder about what behind the scenes negotiations went on for everyone and how that translated into what their official contract status was and their episode commitment. Cause I'm nosy like that!

It's quite a coup for Kevin because that means other than Lea and Chris of the "kid" cast he is the only other cast member to stay on as a series regular for the whole run. 

Still interesting that they kept him as a regular though when they dropped Jenna. for season 6.

Ha! I must of been typing when you were typing!

Edited by spiritof76
Tom87: Still interesting that they kept him as a regular though when they dropped Jenna. for season 6.

Well, in essence they dropped Jenna from regular status when they moved to NY S:5,  so I wasn't shocked she wasn't picked up this year.   .For Kevin, silly me, I thought they might incorporate Artie's film school somehow....I know, I know...

Edited by caracas1914

Well, in essence they dropped Jenna from regular status when they moved to NY so I wasn't shocked she wasn't picked up this year.  

It says a lot about this show that as a self-confessed Tina stan I was delighted she's only back for four episodes. Apparently she's there to prop up Rachel, prop up Becky, and get back with Mike.

So what do you think = limited appearances?

More than half the season so each would be in 6 or so episodes?

I know Chord is only missing one(6x09). I think that episode will be big for Rachel/Mercedes for obvious reasons.

Edited by Hookian
It says a lot about this show that as a self-confessed Tina stan I was delighted she's only back for four episodes. Apparently she's there to prop up Rachel, prop up Becky, and get back with Mike.

Tina is only there to be a  punch bag for Character XZY take your pick.    Good for Jenna to pick up some more mortgage payment money.

Edited by caracas1914

Tina is only there to be a  punch bag for Character XZY take your pick.    Good for Jenna to pick up some more mortgage payment money.

She's in 4 episodes so far. 6x02, 6x03, 6x08 and 6x09.

Edited by Hookian

That's the flashback episode.

Yes and Amber and Lea have filmed multiple stuff for that episode including a church scene. I'm sure this won't just be solely a flashback episode. There has to be a point to it. Personally I see it dealing with the Rachel/Mercedes relationship; present and past.

Edited by Hookian
jtrattray:
I assume he's why Kitty's back so they can pair him off.

From spoilers, it seems Kitty is there more to service the 3.0  Noobs and Rachel as the one holdout from the Original Noobs.  Kitty apparently sings with New Directions.

Not sure if I've heard she has individual one on one scenes with Artie.

Edited by caracas1914

From spoilers, it seems Kitty is there more to service the 3.0  Noobs and Rachel as the one holdout from the Original Noobs.  Kitty apparently sings with New Directions.

Nothing yet on that front. The only things we know about Mercedes and Artie aside from the obvious stuff w/ Mercedes(Sam/Rachel storyline) is that Tartie is revisited in 6x09 and Mercedes sings All About that Bass in 6x07(likely to Bieste because of the storyline with her) and At Last at the wedding w/ Artie.

There's nothing that's been said or revealed about Artie or Mercedes or if they have individual storylines this season.

Edited by Hookian

Ah the noobs 3.0, RMs hero white boy complex, requisite slutty cheerleader and black woman to shit on.

As for Mercedes and Artie singing At Last that's one of the worst first wedding dances I can imagine. Amber doesn't have the voice for and someone needs to sit those in charge down and explain Kevin McHale isn't black.

Ah the noobs 3.0, RMs hero white boy complex, requisite slutty cheerleader and black woman to shit on.

As for Mercedes and Artie singing At Last that's one of the worst first wedding dances I can imagine. Amber doesn't have the voice for and someone needs to sit those in charge down and explain Kevin McHale isn't black.

IDK Artie and Mercedes voices together sound freaking amazing. One of my favorite duets the show has done is "My Love is Your Love". It might not be a complete duet but Artie and Mercedes are the leads for sure.

Edited by Hookian
  • Love 1

Well, in essence they dropped Jenna from regular status when they moved to NY S:5,  so I wasn't shocked she wasn't picked up this year.   .For Kevin, silly me, I thought they might incorporate Artie's film school somehow....I know, I know...

They do by  incorporating his story board expertise for Take  on Me. :)

I think you are right. Which is why I find it interesting that they decided to keep him on as a regular. Yes he and Amber will only be making limited appearances, but so will, Dianna, Naya, Heather and Harry. Yet they have those guys only coming in as 'guest stars. Jenna is bumped down to guest star status (she was still holding on the regular cast status in Season 5.) But Kevin and will get to stay a regular cast member and they are bumping Amber back up to a regular cast member. Despite their screen time. I'm not placing any importance on it one way or another, I just think it is interesting. I could even see their rationale for just keeping Kevin a regular cast member, but why bother bumping Amber back up if she will still only be appearing as much as the guest stars. Hey, i'm not mad at her! Get your money girl! If she was able to negotiate that more power to her (and her team). I just wonder about what behind the scenes negotiations went on for everyone and how that translated into what their official contract status was and their episode commitment. Cause I'm nosy like that!

It's quite a coup for Kevin because that means other than Lea and Chris of the "kid" cast he is the only other cast member to stay on as a series regular for the whole run.

I don't know about Amber, but with Kevin it could be that they (Fox/RIB) wanted to make sure he was at all times available for the filming of season 6, as he has quite some other projects going on. If he had become a guest star it would have been up to Kevin to decide whether or not he would be available at a certain time to film an episode or 2. As a regular he doesn't get that luxury: all other projects will have to wait or move whenever he gets a call from Glee.

So maybe Glee simply didn't want to work around Kevin's schedule, like they now have to do with the old regulars who were let go from Glee after season 3 (if they keep on the nostalgia route for the end of season 6). They still have Kevin, Lea and Chris at their beck and call because of their contracts.

Although it's a waste of money (but get it, Kevin) when they then hardly use Artie, let alone give him his own storyline. But as I think the episodes of Glee are finished no longer than a week or 2 before filming them, and the writers still have no general idea what to do with the episodes left, they simply want to keep the few regulars they haven't lost (by Fox/RIB's own doing!) on standby, to slot into whatever storyline they come up with next.

I'm holding out hope that maybe they shot some scenes out of order? Maybe they did some group stuff when they had everyone together even if they were filming another episode at the time. I know they have filmed out of order before. I know, grasping at straws. I just refuse to believe there won't be some kind of group scene/number in the very last episode at least. 

There wasn't any point in which the entire cast was on set. Harry wasn't there for 6.02-6.03, and Dianna wasn't there for 6.08.

This is true. FOX probably did cut the budget to some degree. But they are still hiring some known actors to make appearances, some not so well known newbies, and location shoots. It's just my opinion and by no way do I know the ends and outs but I would have hoped instead of newbies, props, and what I might consider unnecessary things (again I have no idea of what goes into producing and executing a show) they could have budgeted that money to get more of the season 1 regulars and cast back for more episodes.

Also. maybe some only wanted limited episodes because they already had other obligations or returned for nostalgia, friends, and their fans. I guess most are also looking for the next job after the show ends.

They also could have used the originals more wisely when they had them. By all accounts this upcoming two-parter is a whole lotta nothing with no development for any of the returning originals. The only ones who seem to have an actual story about themselves (and a proper goodbye of some sort) at any point are Santana and Brittany. Quinn is just kinda there for this lame two-parter and if that's the last of her character then just wow, Puck has done four episodes of standing in the background and not even singing, Artie, Mercedes, Tina, Mike...? Why bother, really.

• Love 1

But to be fair to RIB, Glee really started to go off the rails when they adopted the "everyone is entitled to a storyline" writing.  The show was never shakespear but it felt like an enjoyable (the enormous media love Season 1 got) story with a beginning, middle and end.   13 episodes only, I think it's wise to cut anything and anyone they are not enthused about.    Focus on what they feel has legs and try and make this undignified end pass with as little suffering as possible.    A majority of the characters in the F13 were given a line or two per episode, than reverted back to window dressing for the rest of the episode.   It wasn't until the B9 that Glee decided to try and expand EVERYONE in the choir room  and look where it's lead.

The show always had B and C plots involving the supporting characters. Puck and Quinn had a major storyline and focus in the front 13, and Kurt (not yet a lead) and Mercedes were very featured players, with Artie and Tina getting occasional attention.

The point is that they can do reunions like the ones in 5.12-5.13 that focus on the old group instead of turning them into background props. They just choose not to. And I would guess that most fans of the original characters would much rather see each of them show up only once and get one featured episode to catch up with them and say goodbye than to show up 4-6 times to do nothing.

Also the first 13 were good, but not perfect, and people gave it leeway because they thought it could improve with some tweaks. One of the criticisms was too much focus on the adults and too much of the singing given to Lea/Cory while ignoring the other talent they had. The fact that they started to spread the wealth isn't what killed the show, imo; it was the lack of consistent characterization, cliched writing, PSAs, twisting the plot around the music, too many songs, etc.

Edited by SNeaker
  • Love 5

I still say sidelining Will was a huge mistake. They could've given him interesting story lines WITH the kids rather than his absurd marriage, but they didn't. That would've made him more interesting IMO.

• Love 2

I actually think she will do quite well with the song. Amber's voice is one of the most versatile voices on the show. I would have preferred it be a solo but hey TPTB made the call. 

• Love 1

I still say sidelining Will was a huge mistake. They could've given him interesting story lines WITH the kids rather than his absurd marriage, but they didn't. That would've made him more interesting IMO.

I agree. I honestly think sidelining Will was one of their biggest mistakes since they claimed to have every intention of keeping the chore room. 

• Love 1

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I really can't fathom the notion that Amber doesn't have the chops to sing At Last.  To me, anybody who can sing everything from IWALY to hip-hop to opera should have no trouble singing AT Last. I'm a mediocre singer at best, but even I can sing a credible version.  It's not that hard a song to sing if you're able to emote, and I've never found Amber lacking in her ability to convey the meaning/emotions of any of the songs she sings.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 6

All of THIS!!!!

I have been trying mightily to hold my tongue and I just can't anymore. This Sam/Rachel whatever is a bunch of bull! I do not care if it was always, planned, just planned, telegraphed or sent by Morse Code, it sucks! All of the reasons why this sucks for Rachel have been spelled out and I agree wholeheartedly.. Yes this makes her looks like a bad friend. She had a personal, heart to heart talk with Mercedes as a friend, where Mercedes told her how she felt about Sam, that he was willing to wait on the sex, issue, etc. And in the convo Rachel, said, "Well you guys are obviously soul mates. Any 17 year old guy willing to wait to have sex, must really love you." And when Mercedes asked her point blank, if there had been something between Rachel and Sam, Rachel, brushed it off and said "No, I thought maybe, but I think it was just because he reminded me of home/Finn". (can't remember which she said exactly). And it was I thought it was a really great scene between Rachel and Mercedes and showed their history. (They've had other heart-to hearts) And then when Mercedes was about to go on tour Rachel was apart of the group of "friends" who suggested that she and Sam break up "for now". So, no Rachel doesn't need Mercedes permission to do anything, but as a friend, the very least she owes her is to NOT sneak around behind her back. If her feelings and love for Sam are strong and so importnat to her, than she should be willing to be bold and out and public with it and willing to take any consequences that come (possibly losing a friend). That's what adults, who are proud of and own their choices do. And then of course there are all the other reasons this is bad for Rachel's story, like implying the only way she can get her happy ending is with a guy. And having it be a guy she has no history with and nothing in common with.

What i really want to focus on is what this spoiler means for Mercedes. And this is what has really gotten me angry, in spite of myself. I mean, I thought I could not get angrier with their depiction of women of color after the the "Great Tot Wars of 2009/2010 or the "You're so lazy" debacle of 2012. But no. What they are planning to do to Mercedes now takes the cake. Let me explain. Mercedes is the only Glee girl that went almost 2 seasons without a hint of a romantic relationship (except that fake thing with Puck that lasted one episode). The rest of that Glee Club spent years, crushing on each other, mooning over each other and changing partners like they were at a square dance. Main characters and secondary characters. The only one left out of all the fun? Mercedes, who just happens to be the plus, sized African-American girl in the group. And she also just happened to be the one who they made sure was always saying how, she didn't need a man, etc. cause you know us strong, black women! Other then the Sam relationship they never showed her being pursued or desired or part of any of the romantic goings on, unless she was supporting someone else. (No, I'm not counting Shane because we didn't really see anything with them. Now that was a relationship that was treated as a joke and a "placemat". The guy they were setting her up for a relationship was not on the show at the start of the seasons and they literally slotted another guy in there.) I know we get on TPTB for constantly having the girls running after these guys and feeling like they need to be paired up and that is very valid. But for African-American women on TV and in movies that is not often the case. We usually get to be the sassy friend with no man, can't keep a man, don't want a man, to loud/crazy for a man, pick your stereotype. You know one of the reasons Scandal is such a big hit? Black women. It is exciting seeing someone that looks like us being pursued and desired and sexual and not perfect and messy and all the other things that white actresses get to be.So when Glee, this show, supposedly about the underdog. The show supposedly about showing their young impressionable audience, characters that look like them. This show supposedly about turning stereotypes on its head (i know, I know. I'm not talking about what it is, but what they keep saying it is) When that show goes out of its way to pair up all of its female characters (main and secondary) and the one character who will be left without a significant other is the black, plus size girl. And the reason will be because the guy she had her one real relationship with, is now dating her white friend, then yes, some people are going to feel some kind of way about it. And feel like Mercedes and really women of color are being diminished in some way. And what is worse, I guarantee they will have Mercedes be super ok with it and probably even encourage it (there's that sassy ,supportive, friend stereotype again). And they will probably have her talk about how she doesn't need a man anyway because she's fabulous and got her super career now. And that is an awesome message to send. But just like there are young LGBT youth out there who see Blaine and Kurt and Brittany and Santana, find love and professional success (again, I know, I know, their stories suck, bu the writers think they are showing this), there are young girls of color, who aren't a size 2 who would like to think that maybe their happy ending includes career and love as well. So yes, even though I know it is Glee. And yes, after Sam's, "Are you still a virgin" comment in the clip, I'm not so crazy about her ending up with Sam anyway, I still feel like the message they are sending, whether they mean to or not is very problematic.

Fun fact, Rachel is actually kind of responsible for Samcedes. Back when Mercedes confided to her that she really did want to go to prom. which is when Rachel came up with the "3-Way Date, But Not The Dirty Kind", with Sam. Which I think we are to believe led to something between Sam and Mercedes(probably while Rachel was busy having Jesse and Finn fight over her and getting slapped by Quinn) because a few episodes later in the season finale they were secretly dating

As for whether or not the writers took Samcedes seriously, they seem to take them as seriously as any other couple. They got the same shitty and uneven writing as everyone else from what I could see.Summer-gate 2011 happened, Chord didn't come back, didn't look like he was coming back, so they slapped Mercedes with a convenient football player boyfriend that we barely saw. Then Ryan and Chord kissed and made up. Sam is back and they right away address their relationship and have him spend a good part of Season 3 chasing after her. She sang him the frickin ultimate love song! ("I Will Always Love You") He cried and ran out of the room for goodness sake! Then Season 4 came and the writers admittedly didn't mention them at all. They had Sam go all in on being in love with Brittany and then in the start of Season 5 Nurse Penny. So Samcedes was done and could have stayed done. They didn't need to to do it again. It was dead and buried. They didn't have to have Mercedes move to New York, they could have moved Tina there if they wanted another girl. They had already tried to hint at Sam/Tina. They could have gone that route. But no. They chose to go the Sam/Mercedes route and I think they were much more than a "placeholder" (which is the word I think you are looking for, a placemat is a thing on a table.) When they broke them up they could have had them fight and break up, have Sam out and out cheat on her by sleeping with someone else (not just be tempted), they could have ended things hating each other or just simply deciding they weren't right for each other. That happens. But they didn't. The writers went through the trouble of them having this big, heartfelt talk about how they weren't breaking up because they didn't love each other, but because the timing just wasn't right for them, partly because of the sex issue (and can Mercedes get some kind of handclap or something for being the only one in this group that was like, "Nope, not ready for marriage yet!" ?) but also let's not forget Mercedes career was taking off and she was rightly in my opinion prioritizing that, as I believe Rachel should. So all of these things happened. On screen. Not in somebody's head. We don't get to hand wave away and diminish the actual things that happen on screen, as a "joke" or not real or insignificant because they don't line up with what we think is important. If we are expected to take as serious whatever is going to happen with Rachel and Sam based on whatever we see on screen, then I would think we could do the same for the Samcedes relationship. It was as real as any other relationship on this show and handled as such. The same will be true of whatever happens with Sam and Rachel on screen, whether I like it or not (and I won't). doesn't matter, because I will know it is what the writers intended because they wrote it and filmed it and put it on the screen. If they didn't mean it they wouldn't bother. For any of the stories.

(And yes I know the writing for all of the characters has been and is looking like it will be crappy, but I purposely wanted to focus on how these spoilers affect Mercedes. I know other characters/minority groups fair poorly on the show as well).

Well said. Mercedes and Sam were the reason I started watching this show last season. I really shouldn't have let myself think that maybe this will be different.

I actually think she will do quite well with the song. Amber's voice is one of the most versatile voices on the show. I would have preferred it be a solo but hey TPTB made the call.

Amber's voice is gorgeous, but it's pure. At Last needs at least a hint of sexiness which Amber doesn't have.

You do realize that is an opinion, not a fact? Just like my (and other peoples) feeling that Samcedes was taken seriously. That is my opinion. Neither one is more or less valid. They just are. Unless you are Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuck or are on the writing staff, no one can state as fact what the writers intent is or was. Heck we learned from Summer 2011 that even when Ryan says something in an interview it might not be true. You clearly believe strongly that Samchel was the plan all along and Samcedes was a joke and that it your prerogative. Well there are others who feel differently and I doubt they will be changing their minds.

Yes! That bothers me as well. Just on the face of it, the optics look awful. And like I said, you know they are going to have Mercedes hand wave it way, and say something like, "Rachel you deserve to he be happy/in love/whatever." Mercedes probably won't even be given the personal agency to be a little hurt or upset. Nope i'm guessing all smiles and sassy finger snaps for our girl Mercedes. Hell, they may have her sing them a song. Wouldn't shock me.

Ugh! I would watch that too!!!! They actually could have tried to do something with those two. It would have probably been a mess, but I would have bought it.

I'll say this, if they did just show Samcedes to make fun of them and show them to be a joke then, that was in very bad taste, because the implication seems to be that someone that looks like Mercedes doesn't deserve to have a relationship that is taken seriously. If the only real relationship they gave her was used solely as a joke then these writers are worse then I ever thought, and I think they are awful. But since I don't actually know their intentions, because I wasn't there when they wrote it, on this I will give them the benefit of the doubt, that they did not set up the African-American, plus sized woman on the show to be in a joke relationship.

Another fun fact, the whole sex?celibacy issue with Sam and Mercedes and a lot of Mercedes lines were apparently contributed by Amber. This was one of the episodes they were live tweeting and I believe Brad who directed mentioned that. He said they worked with her on it, because initially they were going to have them have sex. But when Amber mentioned Mercedes perhaps waiting, he thought it was a good, different angle. (and I do think it was different then the other "waiting" stories they have told. I actually think it was handled very maturely. Look at that, I just complimented Glee! surely these are the ends times!) He also said, he really loved the scene between Rachel and Mercedes. So for whatever that's worth.

So if they had no plans to end with Mercedes and Sam together and only used Mercedes to "hold" Sam until they handed him to Rachel why have Mercedes give her virginity to Sam? It's a good thing Amber was able to get them to change that.

"You know what’s great about these [last] six episodes [of Glee], though? Is we’re basically sticking to that core cast, ‘cause we’re wrapping up storylines."

— Jane Lynch

Apparently they're still sidelining the big Guns among the S4 Noobs:  Jake,Marley and Ryder.  Unique got an appearance because in a transgender SL , well , if she didn't show up...

Edited by caracas1914

Apparently they're still sidelining the big Guns among the S4 Noobs: Jake,Marley and Ryder. Unique got an appearance because in a transgender SL , well , if she didn't show up...

Which really annoys me because it looks like those in charge are so petty they're being blamed for New Directions 2.0 not working . Also it means of the 'kids' they have one man of colour on screen for one episode and that again they've replaced a black man with a white man.

On my own petty note, I wants me some Jake!!!

The writers went through the trouble of them having this big, heartfelt talk about how they weren't breaking up because they didn't love each other, but because the timing just wasn't right for them [...], but also let's not forget Mercedes career was taking off and she was rightly in my opinion prioritizing that, as I believe Rachel should. So all of these things happened. On screen. Not in somebody's head. We don't get to hand wave away and diminish the actual things that happen on screen, as a "joke" or not real or insignificant because they don't line up with what we think is important. If we are expected to take as serious whatever is going to happen with Rachel and Sam based on whatever we see on screen, then I would think we could do the same for the Samcedes relationship.

ICAM.

So if they had no plans to end with Mercedes and Sam together and only used Mercedes to "hold" Sam until they handed him to Rachel why have Mercedes give her virginity to Sam? It's a good thing Amber was able to get them to change that.

I actually remember the dread I felt in advance of that episode, knowing that the Glee writers would make a travesty of Mercedes' religious convictions and her desire to remain a virgin until married.  After seeing the episode, I was completely flummoxed by how well I thought the issue was handled and, to my amazement, being completely pleased with the outcome. Then I read that they originally planned to have Mercedes sleep with Sam, but Amber helped the writer make changes. Seeing the difference her suggestions made, I can only wonder about how good Glee could have been if they'd had at least one person in the writer's room who possessed basic human decency and good, common-sense.

• Love 1

Amber's voice is gorgeous, but it's pure. At Last needs at least a hint of sexiness which Amber doesn't have.

I agree her voice is gorgeous, but however, I disagree with her not having sexiness. I think Amber is extremely sexy but people have their own criteria of what they consider sexy .i.e. some say tomato some say ..[....],  I also think her voice, emotions, and presentation of the song will reveal that and more. I don't think they are going for too much of the sexy on this version since she is singing it at a wedding but either way I'm sure Amber has ALL the qualifications to do this song justice whichever and however way they do the arrangement for her to present it.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

You are entitled to your opinion. I however, do not agree with it I think Amber is extremely sexy but people have their own criteria of what they might consider sexy .i.e. you say tomato I say ..[....], I also think her voice, emotions, and presentation of the song will reveal that and more. I don't think they are going for too much of the sexy on this version since she is singing it at a wedding but either way I'm sure Amber has ALL the qualifications to do this song justice whichever and however the show decides to present it.

Amber is sexy, her voice, not so much. That's the reason why she's been able to deliver some of her best numbers like I Will Always Love You and Bridge Over Troubled Water. But she's no Etta James.

Well no, she's not, because she's Amber Riley. That said, if Amber can't do At Last "justice", I can't think of anyone in the cast who can. YMMV but I'm with others in believing that she will do a more than fine job. Not everyone will like everything but I certainly don't see her ruining it any way which is what really matters in my opinion. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

It would have been fun to see how Naya would have handled " At last".

Either way I don't think it would be the levels of WTF out of their league in the depths of Darren doing " Can't stop me now" or Dianna attempting " It's a mans world."

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

It would have been fun to see how Naya would have handled " At last".

Either way I don't think it would be the levels of WTF out of their league in the levels of Darren doing " Can't stop me now" or Dianna attempting " It's a mans world."

Naya would've been perfect. Would've like to see her sing that to a woman on the show, pity they didn't have her marry one. It won't be WTF but it will lose the essence of the song.

Also, they'll have Mercedes singing "my love has come along, my lonely days are over" as the only man she's ever had a serious relationship with is there watching with another woman!

What can we expect for Mercedes in the upcoming season of Glee? Will she get a happy ending? –Alzeath

While it’s safe to say that every gleek will receive a happy ending this season — or at least Glee’s version of a happy ending — Mercedes’ future remains a bit of a mystery. What I can tell you is that a certain ex-boyfriend is still very much interested, and he’ll make his first move in Friday’s season premiere.

So nothing on her happy ending, lovely. Mercedes and Artie are unknown.

Edited by Hookian

Nothing new at all and we already saw the line from the premiere and that's the only Samcedes moment in the 2 hour episode.

So he's trying to get Mercedes back in episode one and by episode eight is dating her closest friend, and they're all at the wedding of two people he dated. He's a real catch!

• Love 2

So he's trying to get Mercedes back in episode one and by episode eight is dating her closest friend, and they're all at the wedding of two people he dated. He's a real catch!

Matt says that it's from the season premiere, not episode one.

What he's referring to we already saw in the sneak peek in the beginning of episode 2. There's nothing else for Samcedes in the 2 hr premiere. I think the guy is reaching by saying it's him making a move but eh. Sounds like Sam's just being his usual unfiltered self.

Edited by Hookian

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/jane-lynch-glee-final-season-/546fad23fe3444f45c0004d0

Interesting quote from Jane Lynch:

“I think we’ve shot the last [sue Sylvester redemption]. We shot an episode where we kind of go back in time and I think that might end up being the last one. It’s very sweet, it’s very bittersweet and kind of ties up some things. Yeah, it’s really sweet and I heard a rumor that that might end up being our last one.”

So Episode 2.09 might be actually shown later in the season , either the penultimate or last episode? Unless she's just referring to Sues redemption.

Edited by caracas1914