Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Well what you call whining I call the normal cadence of a message board where discussions go in cycles.  Still, since you think criticism repeated in that normal cadence is whining, I hope you are including yourself as someone who does it too.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

Okay, regarding Sam/Rachel:  Can someone refresh my memory on what actual evidence/spoilers we have that they're NOT endgame?  Since Sam/Rachel are clearly at least sort of dating as of 6.08, Jane Lynch's comment that they're 'just friends' doesn't seem particularly reliable.  I know Groff is coming back:  Did we actually hear a real spoiler that he's Rachel's date/whatever, or was that just speculation?

If Sam/Rachel is NOT endgame, after all this -- I wonder whether this is a mid-course correction, or whether this was always just a 'get back into dating' path for Rachel?  Because seems like they DID have time to alter the final episodes based on early season feedback, so maybe the response to Sam/Rachel wasn't what they hoped...

• Love 1

Okay, regarding Sam/Rachel:  Can someone refresh my memory on what actual evidence/spoilers we have that they're NOT endgame?  Since Sam/Rachel are clearly at least sort of dating as of 6.08, Jane Lynch's comment that they're 'just friends' doesn't seem particularly reliable.  I know Groff is coming back:  Did we actually hear a real spoiler that he's Rachel's date/whatever, or was that just speculation?

If Sam/Rachel is NOT endgame, after all this -- I wonder whether this is a mid-course correction, or whether this was always just a 'get back into dating' path for Rachel?  Because seems like they DID have time to alter the final episodes based on early season feedback, so maybe the response to Sam/Rachel wasn't what they hoped...

A extra on set said  they were endgame. Jessie not Sam is at the Tonys,   Pictures have  Jessie and Rachel with rings on their ring fingers in the group song.

Extras probably should always be taken with a grain of salt.

I think Sam  was always just part of her transition.   I think they always were going to time jump for the ending so it would have ended with Rachel and hint of some man in the future.  But with Jon available they may have changed courses for that.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Well if I'm remembering correctly, someone reported seeing a photo on instagram or Twitter or something with Lea and Jon dressed as Jesse and Rachel and they were wearing wedding rings. The speculation was that meant they were married to each other. So nothing confirmed. I freely admit I'm just going on a hunch.

I still maintain they have been making this up as,they went along. That's why they went all in on Samcedes at the end of last season. Because that's the story they wanted to tell at the time. And they left their break up open ended (no I hate yous!) because they didn't want to commit to anything one way or the other. And then when this,season started they thought, "Hey, let's do Sam and Rachel", so that's what they did. And they made it up as they went along. But again that's just my hunch.

ETA: and as,someone mentioned up thread Sam is not,at the Tony's or mentioned in her speech.

Edited by spiritof76
  • Love 2

LOL.  The nature of message boards lends itself to tons of whining.  Speculation and complaints about unsubstantiated rumors and confirmed spoilers drive most of the traffic here.  Half the posts are people complaining about the same things over and over again.  Blaine/Kurt, Sam/Rachel, Rachel/unearned "wins", character/story retcons, crappy writing in general. Come on, there's no denying that!  

• Love 2

Because that's the story they wanted to tell at the time. And they left their break up open ended (no I hate yous!) because they didn't want to commit to anything one way or the other. And then when this,season started they thought, "Hey, let's do Sam and Rachel", so that's what they did. And they made it up as they went along. But again that's just my hunch.

I think they intended to do Sam/Rachel before the start of the season. I am thinking about that interview with Ryan Murphy where he said that Rachel, Blaine and Sam will get focus. Regardless of what we think about Blaine's focus, he's been camping out at MKH instead of Dalton most of the time. But my point was about Sam - he was given a lot of focus through Beiste and newbie gay football player to make him a replacement Finn, as well as shoved towards Rachel and also into the GC stories. This tells me that Sam/Rachel is part of that plan to give Sam focus though any ways and means. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

The exact quote:

"I'm not going anywhere until my job here is done and the glee club is back in McKinley permanently."

Ep. 6x10: "The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester"

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict Rachel's promise will not be broken.

All of ND's previous setlists, vocal arrangements, and stage choreography were designed by one Will Schuester. (He really did want to give Kurt a competition solo, but, being a fictional character, he was unable to overrule RM's final decision on the matter.) WIll won Nationals, and was quite justly Teacher of the Year. (He would have been worthy of that honor just for rejuvenating the show choir.) The students in that championship group will remember him fondly the rest of their lives, which is much more than can be said with respect to the vast majority of teachers anywhere. The newest ND's real "Invitationals victory" lay in their outperforming the other choirs in vocal artistry, technique, and even staging, not in Sue's decision and, therefore, not in the setlist used. It was Rachel's mentoring and creativity that led the way, just as it had always been Will's in the past. It was not pure coincidence that Kurt was made to be incommunicado for the entire preparation period of the final setlist, nor was it a mere gratuitous dissing of Kurt that Rachel wanted to turn ND over to another professional (Mercedes) when she went to NYC for her audition.

The main clue to Samchel not being endgame has been given by Lea's acting. She loved Finn, CT'd Puck, was in awe of Jesse, was turned on by Brody, and was already horny and lonely whenever Sam happened to show up. It's all in her face -- compare her makeout scenes with each of them with the sound on mute. Hell, one can even see it on FF, and it'll save precious time.

But Rachel's creativity had nothing to do with the ND setlist. That was Kitty's idea to find Sue's favorite songs and use them. And it was Kurt's idea to recruit Kitty, against Rachel's desires. And Kurt being "incognito" at the time was not about giving Rachel total control over ND and more about a clumsy effort to shove Klaine back together. ND and Rachel had nothing to do with it. I don't mind crediting Rachel for things that she actually does, but I don't think she should be given a pat on the back for success based on the ideas that others came up with.

Look, I'll be the first to say that Kurt's role in the choir room is superfluous. It was a clumsy way to shove his character into LIma considering that  he should be at NYADA working on his junior year (and given that Brody was at NYADA as an upperclassman, the idea that students were now shoved out into the world to do internships instead of actual classwork was really pulled out of their asses). But he's there and he's taking on equal responsibility now that the ball is rolling.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 4

I'd agree with everything above, but that requires Glee to remember its own history. I'm not sure they bother with that sticky continuity thing so much as whatever they want to do at the moment while they're possibly high on whatever was at hand. 

• Love 1

I guess Rachel is the fictional Broadway equivalent of Robert Downey, Jr. He may have had to prove (and insure) himself, but people took a chance on him when he was a major financial risk and he is now a super star.

They totally glossed over the repercussions of Rachel quitting FG so soon, so we don't know just how persona non grata she is there (if at all).

Edited by indeed

I'll admit that Kurt was shoveled into the role of ND " co-director" and then sidelined of focus and SL. However , it's utter rubbish thar any eventual success of ND is shown to be exclusively Rachel's doing and strategy alone.

The show has clearly indicated that Kurt, Kitty ANd the joint decision making of Hummelberry , as well as Rachel has all contributed to the renewal of ND.

Pulling out of some fictional ass that Rachel is alone in guiding ND is hilarious and inaccurate.

One of the few good things this season is Glee having Kurt and Rachel figure some teaching things out together.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3

I guess Rachel is the fictional Broadway equivalent of Robert Downey, Jr. He may have had to prove (and insure) himself, but people took a chance on him when he was a major financial risk and he is now a super star.

They totally glossed over the repercussions of Rachel quitting FG so soon, so we don't know just how persona non grata she is there (if at all).

RDJ had been a very bankable star with a lot of not just profitable but critically acclaimed work before his drug-induced meltdown. And he spent a few years being unemployable while he went through rehab. It was only after he got out of rehab and was clean that he was able to find work again (and it still needed Mel Gibson paying the bond for his insurance to convince the studio to hire him for The Singing Detective). He really had to earn his way back to the point where producers weren't leery about hiring him. I don't think it's possible to compare how he was treated to Rachel's career journey since his career nearly ended  in the mid-1990s, and that's with an Academy Award nomination to his credit, whereas all it's taking for Rachel is a friend calling in a favor to get her an audition (that apparently will be successful) less than a year after not only quitting Funny Girl, but utter flop that was her TV series.

My problem isn't that Rachel will eventually make her way back to Broadway. It's that she's going to have such a smooth and unhindered journey. I know that a lot of her fans really hate the Special Snowflake label, but I don't know how else to describe someone who just skates around challenges that would totally wreak any other character (not named Blaine Anderson).

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 2

It was Rachels's idea and if not for her, the glee club would still be a computer room. However, after that, it's really been a team effort. Kurt, Sam, Kitty, Blaine, alumni appearances, and now Will (and probably even Sue) all will contribute to the New(+) Directions' new success and staying power.

ETA: I am well aware of the history of RDJr.'s rise and fall and rise and fall and rise, etc., for I am that old. It is possible to compare because I just did. He was toxic for a while after many chances to restart his career and he had to prove himself more than just being talented. I'm not saying it's the same exact situation, just that if he can bounce back, Rachel surely can. Yes, it would be nice if it took more than Mercedes lining up an audition that she nails, but we'll see.

Edited by indeed
The newest ND's real "Invitationals victory" lay in their outperforming the other choirs in vocal artistry, technique, and even staging, not in Sue's decision and, therefore, not in the setlist used

Except the victory was attributed almost exclusively to using a set-list of songs that touched Sue which was Kitty's idea.  After all what they flashed to during the performance was being moved by those songs being sung.  You saying it was the artistry, staging ,etc and not the songs chosen doesn't make it cannon.  And whose idea was it to recruit Kitty?  It was Kurt's.

nor was it a mere gratuitous dissing of Kurt that Rachel wanted to turn ND over to another professional (Mercedes) when she went to NYC for her audition.

How are either Mercedes or Rachel more show choir coach professionals than Kurt?  That was a cheap shot against Kurt meant to degrade his role as a ND coach.  

It was Rachels's idea and if not for her, the glee club would still be a computer room.

Absolutely but that doesn't make her (or Kurt) teacher's like they claim nor does it mean every bit of success that has come to ND since is because of Rachel.  If we use that metric then I could say that Finn alone was responsible for original ND's success.  After all he found a way to keep them together even after Will bailed.  But I don't believe that.  I think he should get credit for finding a way to keep to group together in the first place but ND's success after that was a team effort led by Will.

He was toxic for a while after many chances to restart his career and he had to prove himself more than just being talented. If he can bounce back, Rachel surely can.

Sure she can bounce back but it should take more than Mercedes calling in a favor.  That Rachel bounces back is not the issue.  That she does so with such ease is.  There is also that she isn't even taking responsibility for her bad choices in the first place.  She flat out said "it fell apart" in regards to her Broadway career.  No it didn't fall apart.  She blew it apart.  Owning up to her bad decisions would be the first step in me being able to support her journey back to the stage.  That is why I hope she chooses school.  At least that would be an acknowledgment that she has some growing up to do.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

The newest ND's real "Invitationals victory" lay in their outperforming the other choirs in vocal artistry, technique, and even staging, not in Sue's decision and, therefore, not in the setlist used.

This is the most arbitrary, and maybe intentionally so, interpretation that I have come across in this thread for a while. I have to wonder what show is this poster watching. Saying ND outperformed the other choirs in staging is just laughable.

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

This is the most arbitrary, and maybe intentionally so, interpretation that I have come across in this thread for a while. I have to wonder what show is this poster watching. Saying ND outperformed the other choirs in staging is just laughable.

"The Rachel Berry is Jesus Only Better Variety Hour"?

• Love 1
And Mercedes has a solo in the FF, and according to one of her costume people, her outfit is epic!!

Do we think that was the scene Chord mentioned on Twitter? do we think maybe that means Sam is there and they end up together? Ugh..... I kind of don't want that now. These writers have ruined Samcedes for me. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. I bet I'll get all sappy/nostalgic anyway and love it.

I feel the same way…….and I’ll never forgive RIB for making me feel this way.

I think they intended to do Sam/Rachel before the start of the season. I am thinking about that interview with Ryan Murphy where he said that Rachel, Blaine and Sam will get focus. Regardless of what we think about Blaine's focus, he's been camping out at MKH instead of Dalton most of the time. But my point was about Sam - he was given a lot of focus through Beiste and newbie gay football player to make him a replacement Finn, as well as shoved towards Rachel and also into the GC stories. This tells me that Sam/Rachel is part of that plan to give Sam focus though any ways and means.

IA. They first floated the idea of pairing Sam and Rachel way back during Sam's modeling shoot in NY.  Back then, the viewers reacted badly and they temporarily backed off.  They obviously didn’t recognize that it was a bad idea; just that the timing was bad. That’s why they added Mercedes to the NY crew to buy some time and try to kill a few birds with one stone by (1) trying to capitalize on Amber’s DWTS win, (2), and throwing a bone to Samcedes fans while Mercedes was in NY. When RM said the focus upon returning to Lima would be Daleastreet, he all but told you they were ready to try the pairing again....aaannndd it floated like a lead balloon.  Again.

Also, on the note of Samchel, although we're pretty much known this since we've known Jesse is coming back: Thank da Lord Samchel isn't endgame. Knowing how awful these writers are, I wouldn't have been surprised if it had gone that route, although I'm not particularly surprised they aren't either. It's bad enough they went there to begin with.

That pairing definitely would have been endgame if they hadn’t been able to get Jesse back. Sam was always the backup plan.  I do think Glee recognized that pairing Sam and Rachel could be met with resistance, hence all of the OTT Mercedes matchmaking.  That’s also why they left Samcedes breakup in NY open-ended and hypnotized Sam in Lima, so they'd have a back door escape if they needed it. 

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 2

It seems like Tina, Artie, and Mercedes will also be included in the flash forwards if only at Rachel's party.  I bet we find out what they have been up to. We also see future new direction and Will with another baby so that takes care of him as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the only flash forward those three are in are the cheering on Rachel, but it's a god awful end for all three. I barely buy them being friends now, never mind post college. Rachel's the kind of friend you 'forget' to update their contact details one you get into the real world.

Having to fucking hypnotize Sam to get him together with Rachel AND than making Mercedes their cheerleader, that alone shows how ridiculously fabricated they had to make things to get Samchel together.

If they had the balls they would have Jesse tell Sam in the finale,..." and you are...??"

• Love 2

I'm not arguing that it's not possible for an actor to bounce back after totally self-destructing their career. I'm just saying that it's not easy and it's not certain and if it took RDJ four years to find someone willing to hire him (and that's with an Oscar nomination under his belt) then a no-name actress who quit her first show and then did a flop TV series that didn't survive past the pilot episode would likely find it considerably harder. Yet Rachel gets an audition not even a few months later (and apparently received a positive response going by the spoilers).

Again, I'm not saying that Rachel can't or shouldn't eventually find success but it's a total joke at how nearly effortless a process it's going to be for her.

• Love 2

You saying it was the artistry, staging ,etc and not the songs chosen doesn't make it cannon.

What staging? LOL

Absolutely but that doesn't make her (or Kurt) teacher's like they claim nor does it mean every bit of success that has come to ND since is because of Rachel.

I never said it did, so I don't know why that needs to be pointed out. I said it was a team effort.

What staging? LOL

I never said it did, so I don't know why that needs to be pointed out. I said it was a team effort.

Sometimes it seems very difficult to give Rachel any credit for anything.  So once you do that, the rest of your statement goes out the window?  

I mean, Rachel's a character with a lot of flaws, but sometimes it's pretty extreme on what people hone in on.  

I feel the same way…….and I’ll never forgive RIB for making me feel this way.

IA. They first floated the idea of pairing Sam and Rachel way back during Sam's modeling shoot in NY.  Back then, the viewers reacted badly and they temporarily backed off.  They obviously didn’t recognize that it was a bad idea; just that the timing was bad. That’s why they added Mercedes to the NY crew to buy some time and try to kill a few birds with one stone by (1) trying to capitalize on Amber’s DWTS win, (2), and throwing a bone to Samcedes fans while Mercedes was in NY. When RM said the focus upon returning to Lima would be Daleastreet, he all but told you they were ready to try the pairing again....aaannndd it floated like a lead balloon.  Again.

That pairing definitely would have been endgame if they hadn’t been able to get Jesse back. Sam was always the backup plan.  I do think Glee recognized that pairing Sam and Rachel could be met with resistance, hence all of the OTT Mercedes matchmaking.  That’s also why they left Samcedes breakup in NY open-ended and hypnotized Sam in Lima, so they'd have a back door escape if they needed it. 

THIS all OF THIS. I agree so much, its just unfortunate that they had to screw over so many other characters. But heaven forbid their lead female character who "screwed up her own early adult career" could admit her mistakes, make a plan of her own for course corrective action, move forward, get their life together, or do anything on their own (especially females in Glee-land) without the help of a white, able bodied, heterosexual white male savior to guide them/her!

Ryan Murphy and company definitely have some issues and has been repeatedly pushing the same theme since season 1.

Sometimes it seems very difficult to give Rachel any credit for anything.  So once you do that, the rest of your statement goes out the window?  

I mean, Rachel's a character with a lot of flaws, but sometimes it's pretty extreme on what people hone in on.  

Please, the poster made a ludicrous comment, attributing all ND's win to Rachel's work as a talent coach, when it was as clear as day why Sue gave them the win. And the poster said it was also due to the staging of ND's performances among all others, which is again ludicrous when they basically stomped across the stage. VA had two elaborate numbers and the Warblers had moves. What ND staging?

Recall when Kurt critiqued the newbies for not having choreo, and they took that as it was intended and didn't get offended? I guess one can say when ND' prepared numbers were scrapped for for the setlist which could hit Sue in the soft spot - and Kitty was responsible for that, not Rachel on her own - ND didn't have time to prepare good staging, but to say that they won with staging as well ..?

Edited by fakeempress

Please, the poster made a ludicrous comment, attributing all ND's win to Rachel's work as a talent coach, when it was as clear as day why Sue gave them the win. And the poster said it was also due to the staging of ND's performances among all others, which is again ludicrous when they basically stomped across the stage. VA had two elaborate numbers and the Warblers had moves. What ND staging?

Recall when Kurt critiqued the newbies for not having choreo, and they took that as it was intended and didn't get offended? I guess one can say when ND' prepared numbers were scrapped for for the setlist which could hit Sue in the soft spot - and Kitty was responsible for that, not Rachel on her own - ND didn't have time to prepare good staging, but to say that they won with staging as well ..?

The posters original comment was clearly about a TEAM effort.  Not all comments are the same you know...you have to actually read the full comment.

It was Rachels's idea and if not for her, the glee club would still be a computer room. However, after that, it's really been a team effort. Kurt, Sam, Kitty, Blaine, alumni appearances, and now Will (and probably even Sue) all will contribute to the New(+) Directions' new success and staying power.
Edited by dizzyizzy01

And I would say sometimes its pretty extreme the lengths people will go to to defend Rachel which is what the original poster (Higgs) did.   And yes you should read the whole comment because I responded to indeed "Absolutely but that doesn't make her (or Kurt) teacher's like they claim nor does it mean every bit of success that has come to ND since is because of Rachel." meaning I was referring to a third poster (Higgs) in my response.  I wasn't as precise as I should have been (should have used Higgs instead of they) but if you read the full comment, like you just lectured others to do, would know I didn't throw anything indeed posted out of the window at all.  

But heaven forbid their lead female character who "screwed up her own early adult career" could admit her mistakes, make a plan of her own for course corrective action, move forward, get their life together, or do anything on their own (especially females in Glee-land) without the help of a white, able bodied, heterosexual white male savior to guide them/her!

To be fair to the writers this time they have shaken it up a little.  Mercedes, a woman of color, is the one who guided Rachel the most (so far) in her comeback to her career.  Sam was there to guide her through the trauma of her childhood home being sold.  

Edited by camussie

The staging was basically the kids either walked across the stage, or sitting on stools. Not exactly groundbreaking.

And as many of us said, we don't have an issue crediting Rachel when it's due, but it's rather absurd to treat ND's win at that absurd invitational as being solely due to her influence.

• Love 1

When RM said the focus upon returning to Lima would be Daleastreet, he all but told you they were ready to try the pairing again....aaannndd it floated like a lead balloon.  Again.

If they'd gone to the Blaine/Rachel well again instead the screaming and crying would have been much more enjoyable. As it has gone, we're upset it's so bland I can't even do the popcorn thing very well. They need to do something good or fail hard enough at least that is entertaining. 

And I would say sometimes its pretty extreme the lengths people will go to to defend Rachel which is what the original poster (Higgs) did.   And yes you should read the whole comment because I responded to indeed "Absolutely but that doesn't make her (or Kurt) teacher's like they claim nor does it mean every bit of success that has come to ND since is because of Rachel." meaning I was referring to a third poster (Higgs) in my response.  I wasn't as precise as I should have been (should have used Higgs instead of they) but if you read the full comment you would know I didn't discount what indeed said at all.  

To be fair to the writers this time they have shaken it up a little.  Mercedes, a woman of color, is the one who guided Rachel the most (so far) in her comeback to her career.  Sam was there to guide her through the trauma of her childhood home being sold.  

Touché - I wonder how many more "guides" she'll get until the finale?

Seems like Jesse may be one.  That is actually why I am happy that Rachel is "begging" carmen for another chance at NYADA.  From spoilers it seems it is something she takes the initiative to do rather than someone hand holding through it.  Beyond that I don't think her "begging" will involve her prostrating herself to Carmen rather it will involve an acknowledgement that Carmen was right last year and she would like another chance.  

Edited by camussie

I am sick. 

So they can't let Lea sing one of her original songs from her album, but we'll be forced to sit through another Darren penned ditty. Oh joy... The fact that this will probably be the last Rachel solo of the series is especially outrageous.

I can see my mute button is going to be fully engaged over the next few weeks.

Edited by Hana Chan

Hmm.  I really thought it was going to be the future ND songs.  I wonder if this will be used as a song Rachel sings in her Broadway show or maybe at the Tony's (as all of the nominated shows perform)?  If they wanted to give her a Tony for lead in an original show, versus a revival, they would have needed an original song for that.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

So they can't let Lea sing one of her original songs from her album, but we'll be forced to sit through another Darren penned ditty. Oh joy... The fact that this will probably be the last Rachel solo of the series is especially outrageous.

I can see my mute button is going to be fully engaged over the next few weeks.

Lea never seemed to want to sing one of her song.

But why the hell is her last song not a bway classic or even another Babs song like hum the way we were? 

Edited by tom87

And I would say sometimes its pretty extreme the lengths people will go to to defend Rachel which is what the original poster (Higgs) did.   And yes you should read the whole comment because I responded to indeed "Absolutely but that doesn't make her (or Kurt) teacher's like they claim nor does it mean every bit of success that has come to ND since is because of Rachel." meaning I was referring to a third poster (Higgs) in my response.  I wasn't as precise as I should have been (should have used Higgs instead of they) but if you read the full comment, like you just lectured others to do, would know I didn't throw anything indeed posted out of the window at all.  

You do realize my comment about reading the full comment was not in response to you right?  People need to relax and not take every single comment so personally.

I mean I never expressed agreement with the very original poster and my comment wasn't even necessarily directly tied to your original comment.  It's my observation that people have a hard time giving credit for anything before something else she didn't do is brought up.

But why the hell is her last song not a bway classic or even another Babs song like hum the way we were?

Just guessing here, maybe they'll have her last solo be "and now Rachel Berry performs her grand solo from her Tony-nominated show XY" right before or after she wins her Tony. Then it would have to be an original song. It said one of her last songs...so she might even have another solo before the end. I'm going to guess that she probably features very heavily on the big last group song (whichever song that might be) as well.

Just guessing here, maybe they'll have her last solo be "and now Rachel Berry performs her grand solo from her Tony-nominated show XY" right before or after she wins her Tony.

That is my guess too Katway.  They wanted it to be clear Rachel is a unique talent who is capable of headlining a new show and winning a Tony for it.  Much like Barbra did with Funny Girl.  If that is the case, there was going to be an original song one way or another - whether it was penned by Anders alone or Anders/Darren or someone else.  If I am right, I don't think they decided that we need to put an original Darren song in the final episode so Rachel's Tony show will be a new Broadway show.  Rather they decided to make her Tony winning show a new BW show and they needed an original song for it.

As for her having another solo after that I don't think she will because flashforward time is only a few scenes.  

Edited by camussie

Eh, It would have been worse if it was the last Glee group number, oh well.

Sucks for Rachel, though.

However I'm guessing Lea has at least two solos and a lead group number in the finale.

Edited by caracas1914

I'd muster up some outrage about Darren getting to write for Lea over her own album, but I listened to her album. There was nothing there I'd want to hear Glee cover. I'll take a crap shoot over known fail. Darren isn't completely terrible as a songwriter. There are much worse things they could do.

I'd muster up some outrage about Darren getting to write for Lea over her own album, but I listened to her album. There was nothing there I'd want to hear Glee cover. I'll take a crap shoot over known fail. Darren isn't completely terrible as a songwriter. There are much worse things they could do.

Talk about damning with faint praise. That someone isn't "completely terrible" is about as benign an insult as I could ever muster.

And I'm not going to sing the praises of Lea's album because it wasn't especially good, but this was her big outside project and I always felt it strange that given how heavily the show promoted Lea that they didn't seem interested in letting her promote her album on the show.

Am not expecting much from any of this. Doing an original single didn't help Amber get an album released and I don't see this helping Darren all that much. Not with the audience at near record lows and ITunes sales in the basement.

TBH, ANY of the songs, old or new, cracking top 500 in ITUNES will be a triumph, so yea, it doesn't really matter.

I will say that Darren is OK, but there is nothing that spells out great songwriter about him to me, so I'm sure the song will be serviceable enough. 

What I suspect is that the finale will be a repeat of "Opening Night" where all the characters  hover around to bask in Rachel's triumph and Tony win. 

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1
To be fair to the writers this time they have shaken it up a little.  Mercedes, a woman of color, is the one who guided Rachel the most (so far) in her comeback to her career.  Sam was there to guide her through the trauma of her childhood home being sold.

To me, the above has been the biggest travesty of Season 6 of Glee; that the idiots who run this show took Mercedes and Rachel (the two most capable, talented, driven, and ambitious female characters on the show) and turned one into a Magical Negro trope and the other into an emotional invalid who couldn't go longer than ten minutes without a diaper change.

It's unforgivable.

• Love 7

I'm supposed to have more than faint praise for any of these people? I wish them all well, but they are on Glee. It's the final season of character destroying not even questionable merit anymore. I'm amazed a few of them escaped unscathed (go Brittana!), but mostly this is a mess they'd have been better off not doing except for the paychecks.

• Love 1