Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Maybe Sam will help rebuild Dalton with Blaine. He can order the football team to work out by joining the construction team. Sam in a hard hat! Blaine finds his blazer in the rubble and uses it as the new Dalton flag.

So the show makes this huge deal about Rachel coming back to coach ND, with Kurt the nominal and marginalized "co director" , just to have Rachel bail and not even be with them as they get back to Nationals?

Kurt takes them to Nationals glory while Rachel heads back to BW.

If this spoiler is true, are we talking a 6 month flashforward or a couple of years which would mean Kurt sticks around McKinley instead of continuing his NYADA education.

Would kinda suck if Kurt ends up getting the Will role. I mean it makes no sense his not being back in NY.

Edited by caracas1914

Although nationals and the Tony's filmed at the same venue on the same day (Tony's first, then nationals after the venue was redressed) I think they will probably take place years apart.  My guess is Rachel has already left for NY to go to school when NND are at nationals but Kurt/Blaine have not.  The 7 or so years later she wins the Tony thus proving that, although she chose school over Broadway, she was Tony bound no matter what.  The Tony will be her reward for showing growth by going back to school.

Edited by camussie
My guess is Rachel has already left for NY to go to school when NND are at nationals but Kurt/Blaine have not.  The 7 or so years later she wins the Tony thus proving, that although she chose school over Broadway, she was Tony bound no matter what.  The Tony will be her reward for showing growth by going back to school.

Yet how is that even marginally better for Rachel when one of the plot points (by Kitty?) is that Rachel can't be trusted and will bail on New Directions to go back to New York and BW at the drop of a hat.

If it happens, I'm sure everyone including the ND Noobs will be OK, "sacrificing:" her to New York so she can fulfill Rachel's dreams of stardom.   I mean her not being their for Nationals just confirms that she can't stick to anything for long..

Harry Shum Jr ‏@HarryShumJr  

Happy Lunar New Year and my true last day on Glee. Starting the New Year with a finish. #bittersweet

Max Adler is also filming today. So, it seems like they're filming a huge group scene/number today, with everyone back. 

Of course they will because she is Rachel Berry and her dreams count for more than anyone else's.  It is quite sad that I was more satisfied with Finn finally going to college after Marley dressed him down than I am with Rachel getting the ending I wanted for her for 3+ seasons.  Even though there were a lot of problems with Finn's journey in S4 I still felt it was more earned than this.  

ETA: With Harry being back I assume everyone is.  Given that I still wonder if the order of the final 2 episodes is being reported wrong.  I could see the series ending on a final group number in the auditorium either as they send Rachel off to NY again and then short flashes to the main players futures culminating in Rachel's Tony win which ends with her thanking everyone including Finn or it ending on the group number after the future flashes.  That would be the way to end the series.  To have a flashback episode after that that includes only a few of the original cast makes little to no sense.  

ETA one other thing: If the above is accurate, not only is Sam not living in the suburbs with Rachel because of a job Beiste got him, he doesn't even rate a mention in her acceptance speech.  That said I still think Sam was the wrong choice to show Rachel moving forward especially with how they did it - completely glossed over Sam/Mercedes last season and made it seem like it there was always something there between them while simultaneously severely downplaying Finn's presence is in Rachel's life.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

Well, I hope it's enough in the future that Kurt gets his degree and then goes back to McKinley to do the job all by himself that people were dismissive of him over. Maybe Mr. Shue will run things until then and become the new school superintendent or other higher power to help ensure the continuation of arts in education.

Yes, it was so obvious from day one that all Kurt ever wanted to do was be a show choir director. (Maybe that's what the 2009 flashback will be for!) No one told him, though, that he didn't need a NYADA education to do it. And he thought it was hard coming up with weekly lessons after only a few weeks!

Edited by indeed
Harry Shum Jr.
Happy Lunar New Year and my true last day on Glee. Starting the New Year with a finish. #bittersweet

Max Adler is also filming today. So, it seems like they're filming a huge group scene/number today, with everyone back.

So all bets are off as to who else is filming today?  Both Harry and Max were not scheduled to appear in the last episode.

Edited by caracas1914

I  think with both Max & Harry filming the best bet is that everyone (and I mean every regular or semi regular except the s4 newbies) is filming a big group number today.  Where I think all bets are off is the order of the episodes that has been reported.  I just can't see how having that big group number and the flash forward in "Dreams Come True"  followed by anti-climatically going back to "2009" works.  

Edited by camussie

I am trying not to read too much into Kurt being at Nationals while Rachel is not - I am assuming that it's going to be the Nationals for the Warblers/ND joined team for this season as part of the flash forward and Rachel isn't there because she's doing what's best for her (and again, the heck with whatever other obligations she signed on for). I expect that Rachel's Tony award will be several more years in the future after the Nationals. While I'm totally pessimistic about the show paying any attention to Kurt having any kind of professional accomplishments, I cannot see them sticking him in Lima permanently. Not after setting things up for Will to return.

This whole thing is so unsatisfying and Rachel's storyline has been so badly ruined that they can throw every award they want at her and it's still going to amount to nothing but a pile of bullshit. She's fucks her career and suffers barely an iota of consequence in any way. She mopes for a few weeks, but is able to dash back to both Broadway and NYADA because she's just so utterly special that it would be impossible for anyone to hold her own actions against her. I've never seen a show go out of their way to make me want to see the main protagonist fail just as a matter of principle. So sure... give Rachel another starring role and then a Tony. Why not just hand her the Nobel Peace Prize as well, because having her end world conflict simply by singing would be just as believable.

And the worst part is she didn't even use her time and Lima to work on herself and show some growth.  It started out that way but then the show decided to focus on her and Sam instead but they still didn't want Rachel's Broadway dreams to be hindered.  To accomplish both of those (Sam/Rachel, Rachel/Broadway) they went the laziest route possible and had Mercedes come in and "Magical Negro" the place up.  The only glimmer of light is Rachel taking the initiative to beg Carmen to go back to NYADA.  That Carmen lets her back in is also unearned though and if she goes back to school they ruin it a few scenes later by giving her a Tony anyway because she is just.that.special.  Much like Sydney''s satisfying dressing down of Rachel was a short lived win given that the very next scene she had a network offer.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

Still makes no sense to have a flash forward in "Dreams Come True" where  the main players future's are shown and then going back 12-14 years to 2009 and then back in the future for the big group number.  Until Fox releases the press releases for the finale two episodes I am going to remain skeptical about the current order of the episodes.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

I  think with both Max & Harry filming the best bet is that everyone (and I mean every regular or semi regular except the s4 newbies) is filming a big group number today.  Where I think all bets are off is the order of the episodes that has been reported.  I just can't see how having that big group number and the flash forward in "Dreams Come True"  followed by anti-climatically going back to "2009" works.  

That's exactly what they will do. Seriously the way this show shit on Melissa, Blake and Jacob is awful. I'm beginning to think they told RIB how shitty and racist their last storyline was.

So all bets are off as to who else is filming today? Both Harry and Max were not scheduled to appear in the last episode.

The script that Brad posted a pic of excluded the last Act, so that character list was never completely accurate. That's what someone at GF who 's sort of " in the know" said anyway.

Edited by Sara2009

So a group song probably with some last curtain call last bow for all the people who could get back to film today.    Some are stand ins.

From Harry:

2rrvx4p.png

Edited by tom87

I wonder what the context for the group number will be?  It could be before the flash forward as Rachel goes off to NY again or it might be a big reunion some time in the future after the Tony win, etc.  That would make more sense.

I wonder what the context for the group number will be?  It could be before the flash forward as Rachel goes off to NY again or it might be a big reunion some time in the future after the Tony win, etc.  That would make more sense.

But Otis was there. Why would that lot be at a reunion?

A reunion of the ND's generations connected to Rachel to celebrate her Tony win? Maybe that is how they work in the flash forward before 2009.  "Dreams Come True" ends on her Tony win.  She comes back to Lima as there is some sort of party/something in her honor.  She reflects on where it all began and they end on a big joyous group number.  Still seems anti-climatic.

Edited by camussie

Could be a number that's not specifically in the show, per se. Kind of like...I never personally got the sense that "The Scientist" actually happened on stage like that.

The Scientist was and in your mind type thing.

I think this will be just a 4th wall  moment of the cast on stage.

It will be everyone on stage and the will sing and differ groups with go center stage to take their bows  finishing off with the original 5 and Will/Matt or Will/Matt and Rachel/Lea and some spotlight on Finn/Cory  some how and the curtain will lower.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Could be but I think there still would be some sort of framing around it like there was for "The Scientist."  Given that I think at the very least all of those people will be or would have been in the same location very recently.  I am just wondering what that frame will be.

Edited by camussie

It will be everyone on stage and the will sing and differ groups with go center stage to take their bows  finishing off with the original 5 and Will/Matt or Will/Matt and Rachel/Lea and some spotlight on Finn/Cory  some how and the curtain will lower.

I don't think anyone who was ever in the glee club should be missing. I mean Rory, Joe, Sugar, Marley, Jake, Ryder, Unique, the lot. None of the originals should be missing.

I am just wondering what gets them all there.

They're a bunch of losers who keep running back to high school?!

• Love 2

I don't think anyone who was ever in the glee club should be missing. I mean Rory, Joe, Sugar, Marley, Jake, Ryder, Unique, the lot. None of the originals should be missing.

I didn't exclude  anyone I said the different groups would take their bows most likely ending with the originals as any musical or play does for a curtain call.  Starting with the ensemble, the supporting cast, the leads etc before merging back as a whole group for one final bow. .

They probably scheduled as many people as possible but that is a large group to expect to get everyone back.

Edited by tom87

I suspect  having an open invitation for the big group number and having past cast rearrange their schedules to be able to sway in the background is Ryan's way of covering his ass and pretending he didn't exclude anyone from Glee's final season.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

For all the things I've seen complained about here (and don't get me wrong, all very valid), the worse for me is how much freaking screentime Karofsky, a character who was NEVER in the Glee Club, whose only purpose prior was a violent abusive bully to Kurt who later tried to off himself, gets in the last season of the show. And yes, the fact that he had more presence than Marley (no matter how boring I thought she was, she was a main character for two seasons and core member of New Directions), Jake and even Ryder (who I found so dull it took two seasons for me to remember his name) is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

I'm feeling a little emotional, and I checked out of this show for the most part a long time ago. I didn't think I'd care, but awwwww everyone back together again for a big group number, it's amazing that Glee might have gotten something right.

• Love 5

We pretty much knew this but the girl who plays Madison confirmed that the big group number is the last scene of Glee.  Here is her tweet.  That means the flash forward to Rachel's Tony win, Will with his kids (about a 7 year old Daniel and a red-haired toddler), etc all happen right before this or right before the start of "2009" depending on episode order.  

Edited by camussie

Call me a a sap I like they have everyone back for one last song. I just hope it isn't the last minute song Darren and Adam Anders seem to be working on.

Everyone singing seems to match what Anders/Darren tweeted about lots and lots of voices, unfortunately. Unless they were just arranging Thank You For the Music as there was a spec I saw on tumblr that they were recording ABBA.

The ABBA spec was almost completely baseless. Somebody said blonde and brunette and they jumped to ABBA somehow. 

I have no idea what the finale is, but there's a lot of completely or nearly baseless spec out there people have tossed around long enough it's gained some traction. I'd salt all of it heavily.

I agree that this song might not be tied to the plot at all, but simply be a curtain call kind of thing. I guess we'll see!

I'm also still assuming that 2009 is going to air as the first hour and not the actual finale, just because that makes more sense to me, but we'll have to wait for the press release to know that for sure. This is Glee, after all; they've never cared about what makes sense.

Yet some of the spec was based upon a known song being covered, Anders going so far as to say it was one of his "favorites", good naturedly teasing Lea.

So while we don't know the song, it's plausible that song is the final group song.

From one of Harry's snapchats it looks like Jacob may be back.  Here is the screen image and it does look like him but it is blurry so hard to say for sure.  If so I am glad to be wrong about the s4 newbies not being included.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

I doubt Rory will be there because I think he's on tour with his band.

Sugar was back for this week's episode so I would think she would be back again. No idea about Joe, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cises is back. Marley and Ryder I would like are likely if Jake's back.