Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

On I see we're rallying round Rachel again in this weeks episode. Before this series is over I really hope we actually get the real Rachel Berry who doesn't need the world to prop her up.

Seriously, I never liked Rachel, but I rooted for her. I'm not sure when it changed but now she can't do anything off her own back, or pick herself up. Really? The girl who was slushied and bullied but still put videos of herself singing on MySpace. That girl needs others to pick her up?

• Love 2

I really do not see this as a big deal except to maybe have a reason to have everyone in a different place then the choir room and to use the word transition in the summary for more then one storyline.

Everyone was there but by the end of the song only Sam was there with tears in his eye as realized that Mercedes was the love of his life.  i would bet the farm on Venus on that.

See at the beginning of the season I would have been all over a scenario like that. Now, I'm like, "Mercedes girl, don't do it!" LOL! If they want to send Rachel and Sam off into the sunset together so be it! Just send Mercedes on over to Empire where Cookie could be her manager and I'm sure they'll have no problem finding her a good man.

• Love 3

6x09 - "Child Star" (27-Feb-2015)

Sue still harbors an unrequited crush on the school district’s Superintendent, and gives his thirteen-year-old nephew – the precocious, demanding, and surprisingly talented Myron Muskovitz – free reign to avail himself of New Directions’ auditorium and talent as he prepares an elaborate musical performance for his upcoming Bar Mitzvah. Will and Rachel seize the opportunity in the hopes it will help the glee-clubbers bond in preparation for Sectionals. Despite their obvious differences, gleeks Roderick and Spencer discover they have something in common… they each need the other’s help to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles. While the doughy Roderick is in desperate straits trying to measure up to the rigorous physical standards Sue demands of her students, Spencer is equally desperate to catch the eye of Roderick’s bookish lab partner, who seems utterly unimpressed with the gay jock. The two strike an unlikely alliance, but they make minimal progress in their tasks until fate intervenes and an act of faith takes center stage. Meanwhile, Mason grows increasingly frustrated when his attempts to flirt with Jane are constantly being thwarted by his dominant and controlling twin sister, Madison, forcing him to finally stand up for himself, with unexpected results.

SPECIAL GUESTS:

Kitty Wilde - BECCA TOBIN

Jane Hayward - SAMANTHA MARIE WARE

Spencer Porter - MARSHALL WILLIAMS

Roderick - NOAH GUTHRIE

Mason McCarthy - BILLY LEWIS JR.

Madison McCarthy - LAURA DREYFUSS

Superintendant Bob Harris - CHRISTOPHER COUSINS

PRODUCTION CREDITS:

Written by NED MARTEL

Directed by MICHAEL HITCHCOCK

I am sure all this was on every fan's wish list.

This is such a waste of space. 

Edited by tom87

So it seems Will is back and Kurt is pushed aside.  Honestly why did they make Kurt co-director this year at all.  They should have had him come back because Burt was sick again or something like that.  

• Love 2

So it seems Will is back and Kurt is pushed aside. Honestly why did they make Kurt co-director this year at all. They should have had him come back because Burt was sick again or

something like that.

Maybe Kurt and Blaine are just on their Honeymoon in this episode. We know Blaine isn't in it, so maybe Kurt isn't either.

Or perhaps Kurt decides that he wants to help coach the Warblers now that he and Blaine are married. I doubt that he literally gets pushed out.

So it seems Will is back and Kurt is pushed aside.  Honestly why did they make Kurt co-director this year at all.  They should have had him come back because Burt was sick again or something like that.  

I thought there was a spoilers about Kurt and Spencer having more scenes and I thought it was for this episode.

Anyway I do not get why they are starting stories for these new kids  and if they do have stories shouldn't they involve Kurt and/Rachel more?     

I thought these two were going to mentor the kids in life and  music helping to redeeming/motivate Rachel by giving back and giving Kurt experience that somehow helps him as a performer via the NYADA off campus work project program nonsense.

Edited by tom87

I thought there was a spoilers about Kurt and Spencer having more scenes and I thought it was for this episode.

Anyway I do not get why they are starting stories for these new kids and if they do have sorties shouldn't they involve Kurt and/Rachel more?

I thought these two were going to mentor the kids in life and music.

There are spoilers to that effect, but I don't think we know for sure which episode they're for.

Or perhaps Kurt decides that he wants to help coach the Warblers now that he and Blaine are married. I doubt that he literally gets pushed out.

I don't think he officially gets pushed aside but my point remains that he has been a co-director in name only for most of the season which begs the question why did they even go there?

I don't think he officially gets pushed aside but my point remains that he has been a co-director in name only for most of the season which begs the question why did they even go there?

Because Kurt/Rachel are a popular duo? And probably give him a reason to stay in Lima besides just Blaine.

Because Kurt/Rachel are a popular duo? And probably give him a reason to stay in Lima besides just Blaine.

But Kurt and Rachel have done virtually nothing together since Jagged Little Tapestry. Why have him at the glee club and doing nothing.

Sam and Mercedes have been given more to do with the glee club than Kurt.

I thought they had a nice scene at the end of Hurt Locker 2 with the kids and the show circle.

But tbh neither have had really that much interaction with the kids  considering it was suppose to be the reason they screwed up some of the characters and  forced the whole show back to Lima.

• Love 1

It is a shame too because what I wanted from Rachel this season to discover her love for performing again (versus being a star) through coaching these kids an that is what steeled her spine for another run at Broadway. We have seen glimpses of that but not near as much as I would have liked and, unfortunately, instead of it inspiring her to try again that opportunity was handed to her by Mercedes.    

On another note this seems to be yet another Sue heavy episode and the episode after this is called "The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester."  That makes 4 Sue heavy episodes this season.  As I have posted before I think that is because one of Fox's few demands for RM and team this season was Sue be front and center.  I have always felt that they considered her the face of Glee.  She is in that she is probably the most recognizable character to the general public but I also think there were better ways to keep her front and center this season than what they chose.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

I'd honestly rather see the new characters stories at this point. They obviously don't know what to do with the originals anymore, and if they ruin the new kids, I won't care. For me, they have nothing to lose. I just wish we had done it sooner this season.

• Love 1

I'd honestly rather see the new characters stories at this point. They obviously don't know what to do with the originals anymore, and if they ruin the new kids, I won't care. For me, they have nothing to lose. I just wish we had done it sooner this season.

But they should be intertwining  Rachel and Kurt into these new kids stories.    There is no reason it is either or.

But they should be intertwining  Rachel and Kurt into these new kids stories.    There is no reason it is either or.

There's no reason to, but Glee doesn't seem to make logical decisions anymore. If my options are new kids, Samchel, Klaine, or Rachel not earning her wins, I'll take the new kids. 

• Love 2

If Will is going to be given the reins of ND after Hummeberry returns to New York then there had to be prior storyline letting Will interact and bond with the new kids. That still of him teaching them a routine for the bar mitzvah looks promising.

It would be awarkward if Rachel and Kurt simply told them bye guys this guy you've only known as the coach of our rivals VA is now your director.

So possible ND/Warbler will have 4 coaches and VA will have Sue.

The school district will allow the Principal of their school to go coach anothers school glee club to compete against the glee club the superintendent wanted back up.

Ok.  

So possible ND/Warbler will have 4 coaches and VA will have Sue.

The school district will allow the Principal of their school to go coach anothers school glee club to compete against the glee club the superintendent wanted back up.

Ok.  

Are you trying to say there is something wrong, illogical and stupid about the situation ?  You're just being a hater!!!

It is clear that ND/Warbler is so special they need 4 coaches to handle how special they are. And Sue being the head of VA just mean that she is special too.

• Love 1

If Will is going to be given the reins of ND after Hummeberry returns to New York then there had to be prior storyline letting Will interact and bond with the new kids. That still of him teaching them a routine for the bar mitzvah looks promising.

It would be awarkward if Rachel and Kurt simply told them bye guys this guy you've only known as the coach of our rivals VA is now your director.

Apart from Unique Will had no interaction with the old newbies except for writing on the whiteboard every week. I don't see why they would make sure the new newbies were comfortable with him. Edited by jtrattray

Apart from Unique Will had no interaction with the old newbies except for writing on the whiteboard every week. I don't see why they would make sure the new newbies were

comfortable with him.

There was also Jake at the beginning, but your point still stands.

Maybe the writers are trying to rectify that problem with the new newbies. Over all this group has been integrated better than the last one IMO.

Apart from Unique Will had no interaction with the old newbies except for writing on the whiteboard every week. I don't see why they would make sure the new newbies were comfortable with him.

Will was who recruited Jake and Marley into Glee club, he looked after them during " school shooting " and coached them to Regionals and Nationals.

The only thing his encounter with Jake should have gotten him was the sack. But hey, it Glee!

I didn't mind it. On the list of inappropriate student/teacher interactions, that one is near the bottom for me. I liked that Will reached out to him even though obviously his methods wouldn't have followed protocol in real life.

I didn't mind it. On the list of inappropriate student/teacher interactions, that one is near the bottom for me. I liked that Will reached out to him even though obviously his methods wouldn't have followed protocol in real life.

I hated it but I'll answer why in the all episodes thread.

I noticed in the spoilers for Child Star that 'Otis' isn't meeting the physical demands Sue sets for her students. Isn't that illegal? I mean I know where in a universe where the poor and minorities can be kicked out of school for likening the arts, but seriously, the principal demand her students meet physical standards?

Secret service? Sue's president, isn't she?

I immediately thought it was Burt Hummel. Either way, it's characteristically stupid. Way to go out on a high note, RIB.

Edited by Myrna123

I immediately thought it was Burt Hummel. Either way, it characteristically stupid. Way to go out on a high note, RIB.

We got a spoiler that Mike wrapped filming for the series back when they were shooting 6x08 and 6x09.

Lea's finished recording her final song according to her Twitter. Has that already been posted or am I losing track?

I think we only heard of Amber and Chris, not Lea. 

Here are the song for "2009" episode: 

Popular (Glee Cast Version)

I’m His Child (Glee Cast Version)

Pony (Glee Cast Version)

I'm surprise that's all we get for this episode.

I am hoping more song for that episode pop up.

Why  have the orignal 5 all together and not have a song for them.  That sounds like   Kurt with Rachel watching , A solo for Mercedes and one probably for Artie.  Maybe Artie/Tina due a weird duet on Pony.

Edited by tom87

Popular is the one song I'll complain if it's anyone but a Rachel solo.

Really don't want any duets, none of these friendships existed before the pilot.

I think Popular will be Kurt with Rachel watching.