Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

And you keep ignoring the fact these others won't be hooking up up with Sam and keeping it a secret.

Sam is always right. Sam is always the best. Sam's abs have no match ever. I will bow to the Sam that is always right. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

And you keep ignoring the fact these others won't be hooking up up with Sam and keeping it a secret. That's why it's Rachel and not the others being discussed. If they were going to get with Sam, you bet they will be discussed. 

So if Sam isn't interested in Rachel, the audience is supposed to notice something that isn't there? 

These are anvils, not "moments" for the characters. 

The only anvils from the episode were the Take on Me and Home moments and the fact that they didn't do those with another couple particularly Samcedes. 

Everything else was just showing that they're good friends and colleagues. The song moments were there to show the potential for more.

The only anvils from the episode were the Take on Me and Home moments and the fact that they didn't do those with another couple particularly Samcedes. 

Everything else was just showing that they're good friends and colleagues. The song moments were there to show the potential for more.

Yes, that's why I call them anvils. They're not genuine moments that show romantic interest on the part of the character. However, we have the Mercedes moments where Sam showed interest in the v-card. So without the spoilers, there is no way to know which way the dice will roll there. The spoilers work like hindsight. 

Yes, that's why I call them anvils. They're not genuine moments that show romantic interest on the part of the character. However, we have the Mercedes moments where Sam showed interest in the v-card. So without the spoilers, there is no way to know which way the dice will roll there. The spoilers work like hindsight. 

What do you mean genuine? They're moments the writers chose in the episode to add.  They were moments of foreshadowing if we know spoilers but even reviewers were picking up on the moments between Sam and Rachel and they don't follow spoilers. The being chummy, sharing tons of screentime together and the moment during Take on Me.

You could have easily done a moment during "Home" between Samcedes but instead they have Samchel and Mercedes waving alone. They could have cut to Sam waving at her w/ a longing look but that didn't happen. Same with the Take on Me moment. Why were Sam and Rachel chosen for this very well known spot from the original video? It could have easily been Brittana or Quick or even Samcedes as well, but it wasn't. 

They are not genuine because they do not show the characters bonding in any way. They literally just show them sitting or standing near each other.

And if siting/standing next to each other is an indication of things to come, I can count less 3x that Samcedes sat or stood next to each other.

• Love 1

They are not genuine because they do not show the characters bonding in any way. They literally just show them sitting or standing near each other.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. Do not try to downplay the moment Sam/Rachel had during Take on Me, it could have to any canon coupling and it would have made just as much sense but it didn't. Also the Home moment, why didn't they give a sequence to Samcedes, instead of Samchel?

You're trying to downplay what we saw on screen and that's not right. On top of that they interacted tons within the 2 hour episode, both in groups and in scenes with each other.

And if siting/standing next to each other is an indication of things to come, I can count less 3x that Samcedes sat or stood next to each other.

Sorry but Samcedes had nothing in that episode aside from a 10 second interaction, compare that to the tons of scenes Sam and Rachel had including the two moments in the songs and there is no comparison, sorry.

If Samcedes had the moment in Take on Me, you guys wouldn't be trying to downplay it nor would I. It's a very significant moment in the video. Same with Home, if Mercedes was in Rachel's place and Sam was next to her you guys would be acting the same way.

However, since it's Sam and Rachel you want to try downplaying it for something other than what it was. That makes no sense.

Edited by Hookian

There's nothing to downplay. Nothing of note happened. I had to struggle to even remember what you were talking about.

Also, I'm not a Samcedes fan, and if it had been Mercedes in place of Rachel, I still would not have considered it a meaningful interaction.

• Love 5

It must mean something, don't you see that??? /s

I'll stop being silly now. 

Edited by fakeempress

It's a very significant moment in the video.

Only if you're intensely and passionately invested in the Sam/Rachel pairing, otherwise it was meaningless and forgettable.

No one is refuting the spoilers we've been given that Sam and Rachel become involved, but my sense is that it will be a big WTF to the general and unspoiled viewers who have never clamored for and most likely won't buy Rachel and Sam as an end game romance to remember.

• Love 6

There's nothing to downplay. Nothing of note happened. I had to struggle to even remember what you were talking about.

Also, I'm not a Samcedes fan, and if it had been Mercedes in place of Rachel, I still would not have considered it a meaningful interaction.

Well we can just agree to disagree because you're definitely trying to downplay the Sam/Rachel moments in the episode. 

Heck people in here were noticing immediately the Take on Me moment when the video was first released, in fact they complained about it for two pages. So clearly it was something of note. ;)

Only if you're intensely and passionately invested in the Sam/Rachel pairing, otherwise it was meaningless and forgettable.

No one is refuting the spoilers we've been given that Sam and Rachel become involved, but my sense is that it will be a big WTF to the general and unspoiled viewers who have never clamored for and most likely won't buy Rachel and Sam as an end game romance to remember.

I'm sorry but that's hilarious of you. That moment in the Take on Me original video is significant and I bet you if Brittana got that moment or Quick or yes even Samcedes there fans would be going bonkers. It's not meaningless and you saying that is downplaying it. Just because it was Sam and Rachel.

It's fine that you think I'm downplaying the interaction. I think you're reading way too much into it. The beauty of TV is that we all interpret it through our own lens.

I'm happy with agreeing to disagree. I would be overjoyed if everyone dropped this topic entirely until we actually see some Sam/Rachel romance on screen, to be honest.

• Love 4

Well we can just agree to disagree because you're definitely trying to downplay the Sam/Rachel moments in the episode. 

Heck people in here were noticing immediately the Take on Me moment when the video was first released, in fact they complained about it for two pages. So clearly it was something of note. ;)

I'm sorry but that's hilarious of you. That moment in the Take on Me original video is significant and I bet you if Brittana got that moment or Quick or yes even Samcedes there fans would be going bonkers. It's not meaningless and you saying that is downplaying it. Just because it was Sam and Rachel.

People noticed and discussed because they know how anvils work, and because most of them are also spoiled and know what's coming. Others will notice what they want to notice and be there. If I'm a Samchel stan and want them to happen, I'll be over any minuscule interaction or hint of a glance like a hawk. We're not GA here. 

There's is a spoiler of a young actor aged 12/13 years old who will appear and sing. Some are speculating he's a mini Warbler.

Do you know if this is for the present, or for "2009"? And what mini W - like the younger brother of a Warbler, cause this isn't high school age? 

Edited by fakeempress

It's fine that you think I'm downplaying the interaction. I think you're reading way too much into it. The beauty of TV is that we all interpret it through our own lens.

I'm happy with agreeing to disagree. I would be overjoyed if everyone dropped this topic entirely until we actually see some Sam/Rachel romance on screen, to be honest.

Looking way too much into them copying the video and using Sam and Rachel for the moment where the lovers look at each other through the mirror and connect hands. Okay yeah sure. Just saying if it was Brittana or Quick no one would be downplaying the moment.

That moment is not significant at all.

See, we can go round and round like that until the reunion movie airs, but Cranberry would like us to move on so I shall. You are not The Decider of what is significant and what isn't. "Apologizing" over and over again as you try to correct our opinion doesn't make your viewpoint correct, it just makes it your viewpoint.

• Love 3

Sorry but Samcedes had nothing in that episode aside from a 10 second interaction, compare that to the tons of scenes Sam and Rachel had including the two moments in the songs and there is no comparison, sorry.

If Samcedes had the moment in Take on Me, you guys wouldn't be trying to downplay it nor would I. It's a very significant moment in the video. Same with Home, if Mercedes was in Rachel's place and Sam was next to her you guys would be acting the same way.

However, since it's Sam and Rachel you want to try downplaying it for something other than what it was. That makes no sense.

I'm not trying to downplay Samchel or make Samcedes interaction more important. I just think the little interactions between Samchel is being over-blown way out of proportion that it is laughable. But whatever float people's boat. 

People noticed and discussed because they know how anvils work, and because most of them are also spoiled and know what's coming. Others will notice what they want to notice and be there. If I'm a Samchel stan and want them to happen, I'll be over any minuscule interaction or hint of a glance like a hawk. We're not GA here. 

Okay well if you know how anvils work and it's basically a way for a writer to be as subtle as a sledgehammer, why try to downplay the moments where these anvils are happening? An anvil is traditionally something that can't be ignored.

Edited by Hookian

Okay well if you know how anvils work and it's basically a way for a writer to be as subtle as a sledgehammer, why try to downplay the moments where these anvils are happening? An anvil is traditionally something that can't be ignored.

Nobody is ignoring them, since they've been discussed for pages now. Some of us just see them differently. The mirror thing is an anvil because it associates with the lovers in the song video, while Rachel and Sam are not lovers and don't behave like such, they're friends.  It isn't a genuine moment which the characters intended to mean what you take it to mean. While the v-card isn't an anvil but a genuine moment of two exes. 

Edited by fakeempress

The young actors character name is Myron. Apparently they are filming a bar mitzvah scene today so maybe he's in that, would seem the right age.

What male in Glee other than Puck and Jake have been identified as being Jewish or is this possibly for one of the new characters?

So, if Rachel and Puck did the mirror bit would we be downplaying it by saying they're just friends or would we be enthusiastically expecting Quinn to be out for blood? At least there those two characters have some history. I'm well aware how that scene was used in the original video. I'm also well aware Rachel is the lead character so it's a no-brainer she gets that moment from the video. I thought people were making too big of a deal out of it when the video was released online. I saw friendly interaction there, not the romantic vibes from the original.

So what other way can you twist that song other than two people singing about basically how love has pretty much screwed them over every time and they've been the one that have been burned in the end?

I'm not twisting anything. I just haven't seen the scene yet so I don't know the context. "Every Breath You Take" certainly was creepy IMO and the majority of the lyrics/intent of the song really didn't fit the situation, but they used the whole thing anyway. Songs used don't always match up perfectly with the plot, scene, character, mood, etc. Saying that, it probably is all about enhancing the Samchel.

All I know is there are only a few episodes left and we're getting way too many Samchel duets, Blaine, and non-originals singing. Now we're getting kids?! LOL

Is that the twins doing Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?

Actually was autotune broken for that one too?

It was Mason (male twin) and Jane (girl warbler). I actually really like it. Besides the Tina/Quinn, I think it's my favorite from next episode (except I like the "You've Got a Friend" mashup a lot as well.) I actually enjoy the songs a lot this week.

In all fairness, Bacharach's I'll never fall in love again" is a lament of someone burned in love who probably will try it again.

Lyrics:

"What do you get when you fall in love?

You only get lies and pain and sorrow

So for at least until tomorrow

I'll never fall in love again"

So I could see it as a wry "romantic" song for a couple.

In all fairness, Bacharach's I'll never fall in love again" is a lament of someone burned in love who probably will try it again.

Lyrics:

"What do you get when you fall in love?

So for at least until tomorrow

I'll never fall in love again"

So I could see it as a wry "romantic" song for a couple.

Exactly which is why singing that song is ironic because it means that they're gonna fall in love again, w/ each other. Yet they're singing about how they've both been burnt in past relationships. 

What do you get when you fall in love?

A guy with a pin to burst your bubble

That's what you get for all your trouble

I'll never fall in love again

What do you get when you kiss a guy?

You get enough germs to catch pneumonia

After you do, he'll never phone ya

Don't tell me what it's all about

'cause I've been there and I'm glad I'm out

Out of those chains, those chains that bind you

That is why I'm here to remind you

So far at least until tomorrow

I'll never fall in love a- gain

No, no, I'll never fall in love again

Ahh, out of those chains, those chains that bind you

That is why I'm here to remind you

So far at least until tomorrow

Edited by Hookian

The young actors character name is Myron. Apparently they are filming a bar mitzvah scene today so maybe he's in that, would seem the right age.

Hilariously on the Glee forum this character somehow got turned into Kurt and Blaine's child.  (I think it was someone's speculation that got turned into reported rumor because as I left it was being debunked) but still.  HA!

What male in Glee other than Puck and Jake have been identified as being Jewish or is this possibly for one of the new characters?

Does it have to be male?  Couldn't Rachel be attending a bar mitzvah for a relative?

Hilariously on the Glee forum this character somehow got turned into Kurt and Blaine's child.  (I think it was someone's speculation that got turned into reported rumor because as I left it was being debunked) but still.  HA!

Some people need an intervention. What child, they are 20-21

Edited by fakeempress

I'm surprised Zizes (or whatever her name is) isn't returning (at least not yet) since she was in many seasons and is a good friend of CC's. Of course, AF could have thought better of it...

I wonder if Jessalyn filmed yesterday too.

That would be weird since her character is supposed to be in Miami, but this is " Glee."

Isn't this for the flashback, unless she's trying to win Will back. Again. Edited by jtrattray

I wonder if Jessalyn filmed yesterday too.

That would be weird since her character is supposed to be in Miami, but this is " Glee."

I think Howard is in episode  10 or 11.

I think they are just giving these folks little cameos. 

Isn't this for the flashback, unless she's trying to win Will back. Again.

We've had worse plots. Rachel got bored and tossed over Broadway. Blaine's shacked up with Dave for spite or some kind of mental breakdown. Possibly both. Samchel's about to happen. Kurt decided to leave NYC to hover around his ex in the hope of something decent coming of that. 

• Love 1

I wonder if they added Howard Bamboo into 6x09. They added Blaine, so it's possible especially if this ends up being the finale.

We've had worse plots. Rachel got bored and tossed over Broadway. Blaine's shacked up with Dave for spite or some kind of mental breakdown. Possibly both. Samchel's about to

happen. Kurt decided to leave NYC to hover

around his ex in the hope of something decent

coming of that.

I'm not sure they'd bring back Terri for that this late in the season, though. Especially since she obviously wouldn't succeed.

I wonder if they added Howard Bamboo into 6x09. They added Blaine, so it's possible especially if this ends up being the finale.

I'm not sure they'd bring back Terri for that this late in the season, though. Especially since she obviously wouldn't succeed.

I think some of the characters are just going to be at Sheets and things.  I doubt it will be  a big deal.