Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

I don't know, I don't think he took a whole tub of it. You can probably pour a little on wounds and they'll heal. I would imagine you would need that much more bring someone back from the dead. We also don't know if works for everyone. They had Malcolm say that he's never seen it work and still didn't believe it until Sara jumped out of it. 

How long was he using that magic totem to keep himself alive? 

I guess I just wondered if maybe Darhk used some magic or Reverse Flash used his speed to travel through time and grab Snart right at the moment he was hurt, but not yet dead.  Then the water could be hand waved to explain some sort of memory loss.

My bigger question is why Snart?  I don't get it.  I mean I dig the guy, but if I'm capable of magic or super speed why do I need a guy who shoots a freeze gun?  Or better question, why do I need a guy who just uses a sword?  Why *this* group of guys?  What could they possibly have in common?  Or need to bring them together?

• Love 1

If we consider that the Oculus was used to manipulate space/time, there's always the chance that Snart would have been ejected elsewhere (elsewhen?) rather than being killed.  It would also be a way to bring back Druce, which I would enjoy.  Druce was a far more effective season 1 villain than Savage, IMO.

• Love 2

Looks like Caity is getting her wish on Sara having a crush on Kara:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/11/supergirl-arrow-legends-flash-crossover-spoilers

“Some people, like Barry [Grant Gustin], already know her, so Barry’s completely cool with her,” Kreisberg says, referring to The Flash-Supergirl crossover from last year. “Some people are instantly charmed by her; I think Sara’s [Caity Lotz] got a little crush on her. Diggle [David Ramsey], as always, just when he thinks he’s seen it all, there’s a moment in it where somebody says, ‘This is Supergirl,’ and they say, ‘What’s so super about her?’ and she just lifts off the ground. Dig’s like, ‘I’m convinced.’”

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

I agree with Proteus, I think it's going to be connected to Flashpoint somehow. Barry tried to undo things, but there's still some differences. Maybe Cold never chose to go on the Waverider, and because the LoT crew are outside the timeline or something, the changes don't effect them. Remember: the first rule of time travel is time travel makes no GD sense.

Edited by Lokiberry

Our goal with Vixen this year, once we knew Megalyn didn’t want to participate in Legends, was how do we do the character differently?

I think we'd guessed as much, but there's confirmation that the new Vixen was due to Megalyn not wanting to do it.

Really the only place I don't mind seeing Laurel is on LoT cause with Sara and time travel, it actually makes sense. 

I really hope they do a good job on this show this year.  I'm not a fan of the writing on The Flash this year and while the first two episodes of Arrow have been surprisingly solid and good (mostly), there's talk about the direction the show is going that makes me wonder how much longer I'll be able to watch without despair.  Could really use LoT as an fun pick me up.  Crosses fingers!  Here's hoping for low angst and no melodrama.  Drama is good.  Melodrama, bad.    

• Love 1
On 10/11/2016 at 1:35 PM, squidprincess said:

If we consider that the Oculus was used to manipulate space/time, there's always the chance that Snart would have been ejected elsewhere (elsewhen?) rather than being killed. 

That's my completely unsubstantiated theory as well.   That he fell through a tesseract of some sort, ended some place else and either has amnesia or is working under cover.  

I really don't want it to be Flashpoint.

IIRC you're from Chicago, Sakura12, so it should be especially fun for you :)

Still no news about Rip... yeah, if they didn't include him for the cross over at all, there's probably no hope for him :/

Edited by FurryFury

There was a recent Guggenheim interview linked somewhere above where Guggenheim specifically says he can't talk very much about what they have planned for Rip until after the premiere.  But it sounded like a substantial plotline.

There's always the chance that it's a big fake out, of course.   But assuming that it's not, then we have context for why we haven't seen any news about Rip.  They're very purposefully not telling us.

There is honestly no reason to lose hope, or anything like that.  We're probably going to know more after tonight.

ETA: that it looks like Ciara Renee is there!  It would be fantastic if Hawkgirl came back for the crossover!  (Even if I'm one of the only fans who actually like Kendra.  :-))

Edited by squidprincess

http://dclegendstv.com/2016/10/14/legends-of-tomorrow-abominations-spoiler-description/

"Abominations" episode description:

SURVIVAL — When the Legends discover a time aberration in 1863, they find themselves fighting for survival during the Civil War with Confederate soldiers who have been turned into zombies.  With the Civil War outcome hanging in the balance, Jax (Franz Drameh) must participate in a daring mission by going to a slave plantation with Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers).  Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) begins to feel the burden of the decisions she has to make as the leader, and Ray (Brandon Routh) struggles to find his purpose on the team.  Victor Garber, Dominic Purcell and Nick Zano also star. Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Ray Utarnachitt (#204).  Original airdate 11/03/2016.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2

I will miss Rip, but I love that Sara stepped up as the leader. It's a huge step in character growth for her which I hope they explore. Since she was 19/20 she's been doing anything she could to keep herself alive, now she has to keep a team of people alive. 

• Love 1

The situation with Rip is so strange.

We have MG in the interview I posted above making it sound like this isn't the last of Rip. So did that writer on Twitter. 

Yet what aired last night felt like a final, and rushed at that, good bye. Yet it's the day after and no exit interviews at all.

I'm not sure how reliable it is, but IMDB still lists Arthur Darvill as being in every episode of season 2.  So we'll have to see if that's the case.

I mean, they could do a lot with either flashbacks, or a separate storyline running concurrently with the rest of the show.  Grimm did something like that with Adalind one year, when the actress was pregnant.  It's not really a comparable situation (Adalind was a villain for one, not the closest thing the show has to a central lead), but it is an example of how something like that can work.

They were pretty quick to confirm both Carter and Snart's deaths (as well as Miller's new contract) when those episodes aired.  Here, they haven't said anything.  So it seems fair to assume that the "goodbye" is not intended to be final.

That synopsis is interesting though, for some reason, I'd assumed that the Jonah Hex episode was going to be the same as the episode with the zombie Confederate soldiers.  I wonder what plot the Jonah episode will have instead.

Edited by squidprincess

I definitely think Rip will be back. A summary released earlier said that the team is looking for him. I think they had to let AD go for a bit because he had prior commitment. When that is done he can start filming LoT again. Then the storyline can be him trying to fit back into the team. 

It would be interesting if the team has more set roles, like Sara's the Pilot/Captain, Mick is the first officer, Jax is the mechanical engineer, Stein is the scientist, Ray is the tech guy, Gideon is their medic/AI, and the new guy is the historian. We haven't met Vixen yet so I don't what skill set she can bring to the team. 

• Love 1

Well having finally seen the premier, I just have to say I enjoyed it.  It seems like they are focusing on the fun aspect of the show.  It might be a little goofy, but I still enjoyed it.  I'm still hoping Rip comes back.  Maybe he'll come back a little more light-hearted.  He's honestly a bit of a downer on the show as they've retooled it.  Maybe he goes off and grieves, and once the Legends find him he's ready to be a more light-hearted, Rip? 

I did enjoy his scene shooting Nazi's.  Everyone needs a champagne break in the middle of a gun fight.

Well, that's why this is a speculation page.  :-)  We knew about Outlaw Country, but I hadn't heard any rumors about him being in a second episode.  And since once presumes that Chicago Way isn't a wild west story, that raises some interesting possibilities.

While I would, in fact, expect "Chicago Way" to be an Al Capone-era story, it strikes me that I don't think I've ever seen any stories set in Chicago in the pre-skyscraper/pre-fire era (except for those dealing with the fire itself).  That would be interesting for them to do.  Does anyone recall the date they had on the Jonah Hex story from last season?

59 minutes ago, squidprincess said:

I'm not sure what the episode airdate was, but the time/place they visited was Salvation, 1871.

That's what I meant, thanks.  As it happens, it also aligns with the date of the Chicago Fire.

• Love 1

This is what I don't like about time-travel stories. Which Snart are we seeing? Bc if he was snatched by Eobard Thawne before 2016, isn't it going to mess up Legends' timeline? Or did Barry already mess it up? Or is this Leonard who pulled the plug on the Oculus (my hope).

Can I predict that its the last Cold, and is playing double agent and will be the linch pin in defeating the Legion of Doom while meanwhile causing angst for the Legends crew who don't know its their Cold and not a different one from a different timeline.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lokiberry said:

My money's still on this being Flashpoint Cold.

Ugh. I know that's exactly what's going to happen. Wasn't there an interview where the wording was "whatever version of Cold it happens to be?"

However, I'm still hoping for Big Damn Hero Cold.

• Love 1