Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Proteus said:

Oh, I know you were joking. :)

I'm intrigued by one rumor going around. Don't read if you don't want to know info that involves Supergirl as well as Legends:

Hide contents

That something might happen between Sara & Supergirls Alex during the event.

I wouldn't be surprised if something did happen

between them. Most the people Sara meets fall for her. Lol (Leonard Snart, a nurse from the 1950's, the Queen of France, Queen Guinevere) 

Where did you here that rumor?

Spoiler

I think that's probably more likely speculation/wishful thinking from some fans. Though it also would not shock me if happened and if TPTB did want to hook them up this might be their only opportunity to do it.

Edited by Oreo2234
7 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if something did happen

Reveal hidden contents

between them. Most the people Sara meets fall for her. Lol (Leonard Snart, a nurse from the 1950's, the Queen of France, Queen Guinevere) 

Spoiler

Yeah, I could see Sara & Alex drawn to each other instantly.

1 hour ago, Oreo2234 said:

Where did you here that rumor?

Reveal hidden contents

I think that's probably more likely speculation/wishful thinking from some fans. Though it also would not shock me if happened and if TPTB did want to hook them up this might be their only opportunity to do it.

It's more than that.

Spoiler

A person on Twitter whose posted a lot of details about Maggie & Alex's break up on Supergirl is heavily implying on something happening between Alex & Sara.

3 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I think it might be time to take this over to another forum where you won't have to use spoiler tags...

Reveal hidden contents

Specifically, the Supergirl spoiler thread.

Thanks!

This is a problem when shows have crossovers.

Spoiler

Personally, I don't want to go to the Supergirl forum because I don't want to see spoilers for that show. I just wanted to talk about the Sara aspect of this. Plus what if Supergirl fans don't want to know a Legends spoiler. But I guess now this topic is shut down and we can't talk about it even though it involves a Legends character.

Edited by Proteus
24 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

We could take it to the Mind Your Surroundings thread - that has spoilers for all the shows, and is where the crossover is being discussed.

That thread is such a mess though. It's a free for all for anything comic book related to be spoiled. I just wanted to talk about one Legends/Supergirl cross over spoiler.

• Love 1

Is that person on twitter somebody who was known before to give spoilers, like Linday B/Lemon Buzz? Or is this a new person who just popped up? 

Supergirl has had people pretending to be insiders before. I distinctly remember one person who claimed to be a CW intern (lol) last season and claimed that Chris Wood had been fired and the network was washing their hands of him (that was before him showing up on Comic Con for example), so that clearly was wishful thinking or somebody intentionally wanting to stir things up. 

Maybe we could just reuse the existing Mind Your Surroundings thread on the Arrow forum, rather than having a treat like that on all show forums. 

Edited by LolaRuns
7 hours ago, LolaRuns said:

Is that person on twitter somebody who was known before to give spoilers, like Linday B/Lemon Buzz? Or is this a new person who just popped up? 

Supergirl has had people pretending to be insiders before. I distinctly remember one person who claimed to be a CW intern (lol) last season and claimed that Chris Wood had been fired and the network was washing their hands of him (that was before him showing up on Comic Con for example), so that clearly was wishful thinking or somebody intentionally wanting to stir things up. 

Maybe we could just reuse the existing Mind Your Surroundings thread on the Arrow forum, rather than having a treat like that on all show forums. 

It's someone who posted a lot of details about Supergirl that sound true and then deleted or made their account private.

I would rather talk about Legends here.

The crossover spoilers are going to be tricky since they involve characters from all 4 shows interacting. Talking about Sara and Alex is a spoiler speculation for Legends and Supergirl. 

This spoiler thread should cover the crossover spoilers and speculation as well. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Proteus said:

It's someone who posted a lot of details about Supergirl that sound true and then deleted or made their account private.

I would rather talk about Legends here.

What else did they post? 

That Florianna hasn't shot episodes since 5 isn't really that novel, so posting that and that there might be a breakup in there isn't really that great insider stuff.

Mon-El being back in 7 on the other hand is more interesting, but then it's odd if they posted this recently that nobody else reported that Chris was shooting. I've seen a name thrown around for the potential Saturn Girl actress, but she looks nothing like Saturn Girl unless she's willing to dye her hair. It also seems like she's flying in from SEAsia to Canada, so that seems like a really strange fit for somebody like Mon-El's wife who I would expect to stick around more. Like, why wouldn't they hire somebody more local? It's not like she is a big, well known name or looks like the character.

Did that person say they were going to do Alex/Sara or is this something that fans assumed, based on the breakup spoiler and the news that they will have scenes together.

19 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Why would we have take the discussion to the xxx thread when it involves Sara who is from Legends? Wouldn't that have the same issue? 

18 hours ago, Proteus said:

That's what I'm saying. 

3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

The crossover spoilers are going to be tricky since they involve characters from all 4 shows interacting. Talking about Sara and xxx is a spoiler speculation for Legends and xxx. 

This spoiler thread should cover the crossover spoilers and speculation as well. 

I conferred with my co-mod, @scarynikki12, and she agreed with me.  The most-free place to discuss crossover spoilers is the Mind Your Surroundings thread.  We don't have the 15/15 rule that TWoP had, so you need not feel compelled to read the rest of that thread if you want to go in and start talking about this particular spoiler and ignore the rest of it.  And since we don't know in which show's episode any of this will be taking place, that thread or the spoiler thread in the other topic I mentioned are your choices (and since I'm a mod in that other topic I'll decree that you won't have to spoiler-tag Sara over there :).

Well then I guess I can't talk about this topic then. I don't want to see Supergirl spoilers and the Mind Your Surroundings Thread is like a mind field of dodging my eyes to not see spoilers for other shows I do not want to be spoiled on. I don't think this is fair, but I won't say anything else about this. Or anything crossover related I guess since its can't be discussed here where is the only place it's safe to only be spoiled on Legends related info if that's all you want to see. You can't just ignore the spoilers you don't want to see in a thread where spoiling everything is allowed. Sad to see this happen.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, LolaRuns said:

So if Stein dies in the crossover, who will be the next Firestorm half? Will his daughter join the regular cast? Will we lose Jack too? 

Just had one question to ask, what's this about?

Paparazzi tweets over in the Mind Your Surroundings thread about the crossover. One said that there would be a death of an Arrowverse character in the crossover ("two weddings and a funeral"). This tweet  seems to confirm it's Stein.  

A few weeks ago we were discussing Victor Garber doing that Broadway play during January/February and wondered what it meant for Stein.  The timing fits.  

• Love 1

Yeah it sadly fits the timing of VG needing to leave to do Broadway so if it is a regular for real then Stein is the most likely choice. As for who would replace him, Lily would be the most likely guess but it depends if they want to add another female to the group so soon after Zari, I definitely wouldn't have a problem with it though. Or they find some way to keep Jax stable without Stein being alive until the decide if they want to introduce Firestorm again and Jax is the mechanic/takes up Cold's gun etc or Martin passes on part of himself to Jax so he's Firestorm on his own or something. Sad that he might be dying rather than retiring from the team to go back to his wife and daughter.

• Love 2

Just now getting to the news and I am so, so upset. I really didn't want to lose Victor Garber. I understand him wanting to pursue other opportunities, but did they have to write him out like this? After discovering he now has a daughter? After everything Clarissa has been through since the particle accelerator explosion? He disappears, comes back as half a crazy person, leaves on a timeship, and then dies in an alternate universe? Why couldn't he "retire" and go home to his family? 

And I like Lily very much, and would be happy to have her join the Legends crew, but I agree with the poster above that having an older character really added something to the show. His intellectual vanity, his stubborn insistence on always being right, his cranky humour and experience....even his physical vulnerability and adjusting a very set world view to accommodate unforseen, extraordinary circumstances brought a viewpoint I don't think we necessarily see very often. Especially in this universe. That diversity of viewpoints is kind one of Legends defining features to me. The transient nature of the characters is another one, I know, but if it was his time to go, did I really have to be this way? Well. I'm going to miss his utter horror at Mick Rory's antics, and his older gentleman faux pas, and his dynamic with Jax, and Sara, and the crew. All of the unpleasant news just came all at once, didn't it. 

On 9/25/2017 at 11:14 AM, MarkHB said:

And since we don't know in which show's episode any of this will be taking place, that thread or the spoiler thread in the other topic I mentioned are your choices (and since I'm a mod in that other topic I'll decree that you won't have to spoiler-tag Sara over there :).

Well...if Sara doesn't have to be spoiler tagged in the Supergirl spoiler thread, is there any reason why this topic (and other relevant crossover material) can't be discussed spoiler tagged strictly in our own spoiler thread during crossover season/episodes? Not to be combative, but @Proteus makes a fair point why the MYS thread funtions as too much of a catch-all for those who don't follow or aren't fully caught up on the other shows, and that aside there are probably a variety of reasons some might prefer to discuss the crossover material concerning their own characters in their own forums.

• Love 3

I'm honestly surprised VG stayed with the show for this long. I also liked that we had an older Superhero. He brought some wisdom to all the young ones. 

I guess he doesn't want to come back. Although on a comic book show death is never completely permanent. I don't know what will happen with Firestorm. In the comics it was switched between different people. I wouldn't mind Lily Stein because it would be another adjustment period of Jax to have a new voice in his head. Also wouldn't mind having 4 women on the team. 

• Love 2

Is Jax dependent on Martin, physically, the way that Martin is on Jax?  I hadn't thought so, but I honestly can't remember.  I wonder if they won't drop the Firestorm angle entirely.  Last season they seemed to bend over backwards to keep the two separated for a number of episodes.  Jax isn't a comic book import, and he's got a pretty nicely defined role on the team as the chief engineer/second-in-command.  It seems like he's got a lot of ways to be story-relevant even if he no longer has access to the Firestorm powers.

• Love 2

Jefferson Jackson was in the comics as a friend of Ronnie Raymond.

I'd rather talk about Crossover related spoilers here, the Mind your surroundings thread always turns into an Olicity love fest and I'm not interested in that or any spoilers about Arrow. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
On 9/27/2017 at 9:08 PM, Sakura12 said:

Jefferson Jackson was in the comics as a friend of Ronnie Raymond.

I'd rather talk about Crossover related spoilers here, the Mind your surroundings thread always turns into an Olicity love fest and I'm not interested in that or any spoilers about Arrow. 

Yeah, but that's similar to how Felicity Smoak was Ronnie Raymond's stepmother.  The name is imported, but pretty much everything else is established for the show.  Certainly comic book Jefferson isn't and never was Firestorm, so there isn't some sort of comic purist drive to keep him in the role.

• Love 1

Lily seems the logical choice for the next Firestorm, plus further helps to balance out gender ratio for the show and so on.

I just remembered that Constantine knows of Damien Darkh, so we've got to have those two interact if they can get Matt Ryan for an episode or two.

I'm at work and can't search Reddit right now for the link, but there's a spoiler site out there claiming that Mick's dad, a Vietnam vet, is showing up in the Gorilla Grodd episode.

This is the first Mick-centric spoiler I've heard (besides DP revealing Mick's thrown in jail in Episode 3; that was from a Comic con interview), so I hope it's true.

• Love 1

^^ Thanks for the link! I really didn't care for Nate last year, and from that article it sounds like they're promising more of the same with him. Sigh. Everything else sounds fun though! I'm in it for Sara and Mick (and I'm curious about Zari) so as long as they don't get sidelined I'll be happy.

• Love 2
On 8/31/2017 at 0:40 PM, Proteus said:

I love this casting scoop. Brandon Rouths wife is joining the show as DDs daughter:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/31/legends-tomorrow-courtney-ford-damian-darhk-daughter/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

The actress, who will first appear in episode 305, will play Eleanor, who is smart and cunning with a charming dose of otherworldly creepiness — think Wednesday Addams all grown up. Her innocent looks can be disarming, but it’s all an act. This woman is dangerous with an uncanny ability to manipulate others, and is able to tell people exactly what they want to hear. She’s highly intelligent and is always several moves ahead. Her unique dark talents all stem from the fact that she is Damien Darhk’s daughter.

As revealed at Comic-Con, this Damien Darhk will be among a cabal of villains who team up against the Legends in season 3. It’s as yet unclear how Darhk will return to the fold, but executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Phil Klemmer previously teased he would be a post-Arrow season 4 version of the character somehow resurrected.

Ford, whose credits also include Supernatural and True Blood, is also the real-life wife of Legends star Brandon Routh. Interestingly enough, his character Ray will have an unexplainable attraction to Eleanor, despite her evil ways.

I really liked her in True Blood and Revenge, I think I even remember liking her in the Castle episode she was in. Not sure how the plot and characterization will turn out, but I do appreciate the casting.

On 9/26/2017 at 2:38 AM, Starfish35 said:

Paparazzi tweets over in the Mind Your Surroundings thread about the crossover. One said that there would be a death of an Arrowverse character in the crossover ("two weddings and a funeral"). This tweet  seems to confirm it's Stein.  

A few weeks ago we were discussing Victor Garber doing that Broadway play during January/February and wondered what it meant for Stein.  The timing fits.  

This makes me so said. :( I love Victor Garber and Martin Stein. He is honestly one of the major reasons I watch LoT. I've grown to enjoy some of the other characters. But losing VG/MS would take out a major reason I personally watch the show.

I'm so tired of losing characters I love. I totally respect VG's desire to do Broadway, but they could find a better way to write him off than death. Especially when I could provide the Flarrowverse with a whole lot of characters far better off dead and gone forever from the Flarrowverse. Martin Stein wouldn't even make the list or the revised list.

• Love 2

This was posted over in the Mind Your Surroundings and Arrow Spoilers thread:

DC TV Watch: What to Expect From 'Arrow,' 'The Flash' and 'Legends of Tomorrow' Premieres

Here's the Legends portion:

Legends of Tomorrow

Sunshine and STDs | After two seasons of saving the world, Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell) is finally getting his vacation in Aruba when season three begins. So what does vacation Mick look like? "Very sunburned and very drunk," executive producer Phil Klemmer tells THR. "He has been on the same beach for effectively five months and drinks himself into oblivion and accumulating an impressive collection of STDs. He remains Mick Rory even when he's on vacation."

Hard-earned time off | But apparently Mick is the only Legends team member who is actually happy to have a break. "When we pick up with everyone else, they've been put on ice by Rip [Arthur Darvill] and his Time Bureau of highly dedicated and trained professionals to deal with the time anachronisms," Klemmer says. "The rest of our Legends are not very good at real life and they actually miss one another. They miss being a team. But the Legends have essentially become obsolete [by breaking the timeline]. The extent of the damage they did requires a more formidable time police. So Rip kind of has a point when he tells them to take an early retirement."

Taking things one step further | Of course, the Legends won't listen to Rip. Despite the Time Bureau taking the Waverider and their mission to save the timeline, the Legends will continue to do what they always have done ... with a twist. "They spent all of last season repairing things and returning history to the status quo," Klemmer says. "This season there is a yearn to do more. Repairing history might not be enough." In an upcoming Helen of Troy episode, Helen is displaced in time to the golden age of Hollywood instead of the Trojan War, and she starts a bidding war between studios. "Our new character Zari [Tala Ashe] realizes that Helen of Troy is a victim and having to take her back to the Greek king who stole her from her husband and started this whole horrible war, why should we do that?" Klemmer says. "Our Legends start to wonder what if we can make things better, what if we can tinker with time and our own futures? It's dangerous."

The time travel has only just begun | Klemmer reveals some of the time periods they're going to in season three: "Our Hollywood, Coen Brothers' Hail Caesar world is fun. We do a Jack the Ripper London, a '80s Amblin [Steven] Spielberg Southern California world, Billy Zane playing P.T. Barnum is a delight." The real fun for the Legends showrunners is "all the genres" they get to play with. "It's crazy that we get to do a heartwarming E.T. episode, a circus episode, a scary-as-shit horror movie in a mental institution," Klemmer says. "It's wild."

I'm not sure why the STD stuff was necessary.  Ugh. Not really funny.

Edited by Starfish35
Adding formatting
  • Love 2

Yea, I agree the STDs see a little unnecessary and over the top. On the other hand, perhaps it will be used as an educational piece or a teaching moment. STDs are rampant and the target audience of the CW is often the group that feel invincible and immune to them. Although, I really didn't need it on LoT.

• Love 1

Trust Mick not to care about "sleeping with every partner your partner's ever slept with." I suspect he's the type who'd prefer paying for his partners than risk emotional involvement with one.

But if they ever establish he's not all that fussy about gender either - "getting laid is getting laid; don't really care about the plumbing" - I'll forgive them every disease they want to saddle him with.

Can't remember the site I read it on - I found it on Reddit, which I find awkward to get on my phone - but in it Klemmer (I think) confirmed Constantine is also bisexual, and that we were going to see "hot sex" on the Waverider. Whether the two are related....

With my luck the "hot sex" will be Amaya and Nate again. 

With Constantine showing up I hope we get some scenes between him and Sara. He did get her, her soul back. I know they never said where Sara was when she died, but it would be fun if they talked about hell with a Lucifer mention. 

• Love 5

Can't remember the site I read it on - I found it on Reddit, which I find awkward to get on my phone - but in it Klemmer (I think) confirmed Constantine is also bisexual, and that we were going to see "hot sex" on the Waverider. Whether the two are related..

It's not clear to me if he is saying Constantine will be involved in that or if its just one of the many things happening during that episode where Constantine appears. If he is involved in it it will probably be with Sara if she's still single at that point. The episode sounds pretty interesting, this whole season looks to be pretty interesting actually. The new promo they just released gives away a lot but it all looks very fun. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Can't remember the site I read it on - I found it on Reddit, which I find awkward to get on my phone - but in it Klemmer (I think) confirmed Constantine is also bisexual, and that we were going to see "hot sex" on the Waverider. Whether the two are related....

I think it's from this Hollywood Reporter article:

Matt Ryan to Reprise 'Constantine' Role for 2-Part 'Legends of Tomorrow' Arc

"As for the character of Constantine, we knew that an alienated, chain-smoking, bisexual, world-weary demonologist would feel right at home among our Legends," says Klemmer. "His appearance in episode 310 will involve the following: a revisiting of Arrow season four and the events following that season's finale episode; a confrontation with this season's Big Bad on Legends — the name we've only heard whispered until now, Mallus; some hot sex — something that has been in short supply on the Waverider thus far in season three; and Damien Darhk [Neil McDonough], because how can you do an episode about dark magic and not have Damien Darhk? More than anything, the episode promises to be scary as you know what — tonally it's The Exorcist meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Demonic possession in a mental institution — what's not to love?"

• Love 3