Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

Stephanie Corneliussen has been cast to play Valentina Vostok...

Legends of Tomorrow Casts Breakout Mr. Robot Star as DC Ice Queen
By Michael Ausiello / September 23 2015, 10:00 AM PDT
https://tvline.com/2015/09/23/legends-of-tomorrow-stephanie-corneliussen-cast-valentina-vostok/

Valentina is described as a gifted and beautiful Soviet physicist who will stop at nothing to defend her precious “Motherland.” When the Legends encounter her at the height of the Cold War, they suspect her of working with Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) on a secret weapon. Ray/The Atom (Brandon Routh) and Leonard/Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) must vie for Valentina’s affection in an attempt to thaw her cold heart, and find out where her allegiance truly lies -— before she completes her project and potentially turns the tide of the Cold War.
Edited by tv echo

... Ray/The Atom (Brandon Routh) and Leonard/Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) must vie for Valentina’s affection in an attempt to thaw her cold heart, and find out where her allegiance truly lies ...

I'm cringing already.

"Height of the Cold War", so 1980's?

---

Is it time to start a separate spoiler thread?

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure they'll get to World War II, since everyone goes there during Time Travel. If they do I hope we can get Zinda then. I also wouldn't mind if they made her a love interest of Sara's. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Good evening all!  As of this moment, the Anticipation & Speculation thread is undergoing a change.  It is now the Spoilers & Speculation thread and, as you've guessed, it is for everyone who wants to be spoiled and then talk about it.  For anyone who wants to avoid spoilers but still speculate to your hearts content about what could happen with the Legends, head on over to our brand new Speculation Without Spoilers thread, found here.

Thanks

scarynikki12 and MarkHB

• Love 1

---

Is it time to start a separate spoiler thread?

It's not a super big deal now when things are still slow but as spoilers start coming in more often, would anyone else support setting up a Spoiler's Only thread like we have over in Arrow where just the spoilers are posted and then a separate thread for discussing and speculating said spoilers?  It's been my experience that in the  show forums where spoilers and spec stay bunched together (and there is traffic) it is very hard to catch up or refer back.  The spoilers get lost in all the comments. 

This fall there were a few shows that I tried to catch up on the spoilers and it was just impossible unless I was willing to start back in June.   Also, since in some threads I don't agree with the general opinion held by the other posters, I find having to read their reactions to the spoilers while searching for the spoilers off putting and ultimately it keeps me from posting in those threads.  Anyway, I've made my case.  Something to think about.  Thanks!

Ray/The Atom (Brandon Routh) and Leonard/Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) must vie for Valentina’s affection in an attempt to thaw her cold heart, and find out where her allegiance truly lies ...

A one off character perhaps?  I picture Ray trying to woo Valentina and failing miserably only for CC to show him how it's done.  I know some called it a love triangle but I bet it will be played for laughs. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

A spoilers only thread works for me. 

I can't really see Ray successfully seducing anyone. I would love if Captain Cold has to step in and get Valentina on their side. However I would love it even more if it's Sara or Kendra that ultimately succeed in getting Valentina to reveal her true alliance. 

• Love 3

Here's some more info on the character, which is interesting.

Warner Bros. Television describes Boardman as a Classics professor at St. Roch University, who has devoted his life to researching the story of Chayara (Hawkgirl) and Prince Khufu (Hawkman) and their link to Vandal Savage. Professor Boardman is our team’s only hope of finding Vandal and destroying him, so they can return home. But when the Legends learn a secret about Boardman, they insist on making him a part of their journey, only to learn the kind of sacrifice it will take to save the world.

The return home part is intriguing, are they going with the future Team Legends needs his help after they get stuck somewhere?

I'm really kinda bummed that they are coming out with a love triangle already. It generally does nothing good for any of the characters involved in it. And is often not written well, some writers can nail it - but I don't have faith in these writers if they are like the ARROW/Flash writers. I wish they had chosen a different way to introduce this new female villainess. But perhaps it will be a one off or played for laughs.

... But perhaps it will be a one off or played for laughs.

I think it's probably both, and in any case it sounds stupid.

But does this give us an idea about the tone of the show? With Vandal Savage and time travel, the stakes are higher; but they're approaching it with a lighter tone?

• Love 2

That's what people got out of that?

To me it read like Ray and CC were going to try and seduce Valentina to get info from her, not compete to try to date her. I don't count that as a triangle. I see it as one will fail and the other will try thinking they'll have a better chance. The only competition I see is who is the better creepy seducer. Which is why I hope that it's Sara or Kendra that manage to get the info they need by befriending her. 

• Love 5

That's what people got out of that?

To me it read like Ray and CC were going to try and seduce Valentina to get info from her, not compete to try to date her. I don't count that as a triangle. I see it as one will fail and the other will try thinking they'll have a better chance. The only competition I see is who is the better creepy seducer. Which is why I hope that it's Sara or Kendra that manage to get the info they need by befriending her.

Since she is going to be on multiple episoes, she will likely be a love interest for one of them or this will turn into a real thing with both guys really wanting her.

I wonder how they are even going to do multiple episodes  I thought she was stuck in the 1980's cold war era.  It would make sense to maybe start the show with a multi part opener but after that, I guess I expected them to visit a location for an episode and then move on.  More of a Sliders or Quantum Leap thing.  Now I have to wonder if it is more like Dr. Who with them popping back and forth between multiple locations within the same episode and having reoccurring places they go. 

• Love 1

For all we know she will end up being a LI for Sara :-P With her being the one to gain the info.

I see the makings of a love quadrangle! I wouldn't mind any of the cast honey trapping villains, whatever it takes to get the info. ;)

I just don't want to have to sit through poorly written or acted love tri/quadrangles. Then again maybe these writers are better at it than arrow or flash, so I can withhold my judgment for now. :)

I'm a bit late to the discussion (also, glad to be back on the boards after the summer!), but so not here for any kind of love polygon! I mean, I KNOW it can be done well, I just don't believe these writers yet. The actress is really beautiful, though, and can act (just finished binging Mr Robot, loved it so much).

On a side note, I'm Russian, so the name Valentina Vostok sounds kinda weird to me (I mean, it's possible, but Valentina Vostochnaya or Vostokova would sound more realistic).

Still, a part of me suspects Hawkgirl/Hawkman would be the main romantic arc, so I'm not too concerned. Sara would probably be teased with Ray (sigh) and maybe another guy too (wouldn't be shocked to see a flashback of Nyssa or her guesting) + some minor romantic action with random guest stars.

Edited by FurryFury

The actress is really beautiful, though, and can act (just finished binging Mr Robot, loved it so much).

I watched Mr. Robot too but I can't figure out who she played.  I admit to not being great with faces but I'm feeling kind of dumb here.  Who did she play? 

On a side note, I'm Russian, so the name Valentina Vostok sounds kinda weird to me (I mean, it's possible, but Valentina Vostochnaya or Vostokova would sound more realistic).

The character was created in the seventies by someone named Kupperberg so I'm going to go out on a limb and say he thought Vostok sounded Russian to him.  I wouldn't know any better myself if you hadn't mentioned it.

Still, a part of me suspects Hawkgirl/Hawkman would be the main romantic arc, so I'm not too concerned.

I have this completely unfounded gut feeling that he's going to die by the end of the season anyway.  As for Nyssa, I'm getting more and more concerned about her outcome. 

Wow, so they just threw that in there.

I know, right? We here are spoiled and have been speculating Ronnie's death(?) for months, but I'm sure most of the casual audience has no idea he's leaving.

Now, is Drameh playing Jason Rausch, and if not, why not?

The show runners have no control over them but Guggenheim constantly says he keeps trying to get them to stop spoiling stuff.  Of course even if he gets the CW to clamp down, there's the Canadian promos and the Asian (was it out of the Philippines?) one that always seems to let all the juicy stuff out. 

And It's hard not to be spoiled.  I didn't seek out any Flash spoilers all summer but the other day went and looked at them and there was nothing that I didn't already know, lol.  It just all spills into the interviews for the other shows. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Once it's on the internet, it spreads like a virus.  That new Firestorm pic has already been picked up by news media. For example:

Legends Of Tomorrow: First Look At The New Firestorm
BY ADAM HOLMES  15 HOURS AGO

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Legends-Tomorrow-First-Look-Firestorm-89057.html

NEW FIRESTORM DEBUTS IN "THE FLASH" SEASON 2 PROMO
Posted: 18 hours ago | Updated: 16 hours ago

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/new-firestorm-debuts-in-the-flash-season-2-promo

_1443567660.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I feel kinda bad for them though. Both The Flash and LoT cast and crew were doing their best not to reveal anything about Ronnie and "Jay Jackson", and I think they succeeded mostly (lots of spec, but nothing directly spilled), and then the CW promo monkeys come and drop a spoiler bomb before the premiere. I really do hope that the promo department gets more careful oversight after this.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

I feel kinda bad for them though. Both The Flash and LoT cast and crew were doing their best not to reveal anything about Ronnie and "Jay Jackson", and I think they succeeded mostly (lots of spec, but nothing directly spilled), and then the CW promo monkeys come and drop a spoiler bomb before the premiere. I really do hope that the promo department gets more careful oversight after this.

Didn't Victor Garber reveal in an interview that Jay Jackson was his new FireStorm partner?  Could have sword I read that not too long ago.

Edited by Morrigan2575