Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: What's Up Doc?

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Yeah, she just told Pratt she'd go to China and bury her father next to her mother, so if I'd just waited, I'd have known she was dead.  But I thought that when the three of them came back after the accident, the mom was just fine, so all this time I was thinking she'd left rather than died.

Not liking this episode with Abby trying to save the guy with a gun pointing at her at all times even when relieving herself outside. The entitled punks seem to think kidnapping a doctor is the way to get medical care for the gunshot victim.

• Love 1

I like Sam in general, but I especially like her today, completely exasperated with Luka and asking, "Are you in all seriousness, for the second time today, telling me that I'm not really mad about what I'm mad about?"

I wish there'd been a little more to the scene between Kerry and Susan about being women in positions of authority, but what's there was nice.

• Love 5
On 11/28/2017 at 6:44 AM, desertflower said:

the death-happy writers of these later seasons. 

I think you’ve coined some new vernacular for this thread, to go alongside “Guest Star BINGO”: DHW.

”Death-happy writers”, indeed.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Ans how they ret-conned him into a simple lowlife ambulance chaser, after he's had all the connections and money to make Mark's lawsuit "disappear".

Yeah, I noticed that as the episode went on, lol

Nearly a decade did pass though, maybe he liked shadowing Mark so much that he decided to go all-in on medical malpractice.  That trailer did look pretty snazzy.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Nearly a decade did pass though, maybe he liked shadowing Mark so much that he decided to go all-in on medical malpractice.  That trailer did look pretty snazzy.

Gah - I'd forgotten that entire decades can seem like mere weeks or months on POP TV!  ;-)

• Love 3

Watching Carter & Weaver duke it out over his online post.

Part of Carter's absorbing of Kem into his personality.  Sigh.  I wish someone had pointed out to her that she came to Chicago and, with that whole "bring the building in for shots" thing, did pretty much what she scolded John for doing in the Congo -- that is, ignoring local procedure for a one- time Grand Gesture.

Now, I write that with the understanding that they both did good things.  And that Carter's action in paying for the one patient, contradicts a warning we got during Peace Corps training: Don't create a need where there hasn't been one.

Still.  Kem!  Pot, kettle.

eta: The DHW strike again!!  I never saw this liver transplant-gone-bad ep, but even though I wasn't surprised about the father's actions, Christ.

Edited by voiceover
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Zoe said:

He said he lost his money after investing in a pet business that failed.

• Love 1

Hey, it's Flo from Progressive.

The story with Abby's med student is so fucking tiresome: Woman gives valid reason for not wanting to date a man, he refuses to take no for an answer, and instead of finding this creepy and telling him to fuck off, she finds it charming and gives in.  There is nothing cute about telling someone she'll be going out with him, rather than asking her, and really nothing cute about him keeping at it after she says no.  If he had just respected her decision, then that scene when he was no longer her student and thus they were free to act on their attraction would have been entirely different, but they wrote him as out of line all along yet treated it as if he was just being adorable.

• Love 6

Poor Kerry; she finally meets her birth mother after all that time spent trying to find her, and the woman is preaching at her.

Frances Fisher was good casting, physically, on one hand, but on the other - um, hello, she's only five years older than Laura Innes!

• Love 5

I wish they'd had Kerry remember that her break-up with Elizabeth Mitchell's shrink was mostly because Kerry did not want to go public with their relationship.  And later, that Sandy had to force the issue.

Perhaps she could have said to the woman who did at least say, I still love you: "I'm sad you can't accept me for who I am, but I struggled at first too.  Maybe give it time?"

But it's tidier, I guess, to send the dumb Southerner back to the South.

eta: This show had some memorable plots, and arcs, built around the conflict between religion and science (medicine).  First season with Mark and...Hannah?...the concentration camp survivor, who'd been carjacked, and her infant granddaughter kidnapped.  She told Mark she hadn't prayed since the War, and he acknowledged his mixed-faith upbringing. Then they prayed for the baby's return, and later, he was part of the family's Hanukkah celebration.

Remember when Jackie found Peter in the chapel?  She reminded him that, as a kid in trouble, he'd run to their neighborhood church, hoping it would buy him leniency from his parents.  Then the night the infant whose surgery he'd botched was clinging to life, he stood in the NICU and tried to remember the 23rd Psalm.  And he recited the Christmas story from the Gospels, the first Christmas after his mother had passed. 

And Luka, going along with the dying woman's delusion that he was a priest by giving her the last rites.  And later, that multi-ep arc with James Cromwell's bishop, who listened to Luka's struggles with his faith, and later, confided his own.

That's just the religion part!  Mark, Susan, John, Peter, Doug, Carol, Elizabeth, Abby...all enjoyed multiple eps with parents and family.

But poor Kerry/Laura Innes!  She gets Frances Fisher!!! as her long-lost mother, and ten minutes of emotional exchange later, "Goodbye!"

A missed opportunity.  

Edited by voiceover
  • Love 5

OK, I DVR everything, including 3 episodes of ER every weekday, and manage to FF through all ads.  That said - even a digit poised over the FF button on my remote isn't fast enough to make me NOT want to join the Marines and KILL, KILL, KILL the parties responsible for that obnoxious Goldbergs ad.  I'd hate to add that kid to my kill-if-I'm-dying list, but he is stepping on my last nerve, thanks to POP.

• Love 8
On 11/29/2017 at 3:47 PM, desertflower said:

In one episode Chen mentioned her mom died. I did miss a couple of episodes so I assumed it was the accident, which is also the reason for dad's condition. I think. 

When Chen came back she said her mom never woke up after the accident and died of a PE.

I'm behind so I just watched this today and it was a gut punch. When Chen says that she could withhold fluids from his IV and g-tube but it would be horrible because he would take days to die from dehydration - that was my father-in-law who died last month. He was 91 and had a stroke - not his first - that affected his ability to swallow but was too sick to survive the procedure to put in a g-tube, so the “solution” was to withhold fluids and he survived for SIX DAYS in the hospital without water or food before succumbing. Believe me, we were all wishing for a proverbial Dr. Chen to show up with a syringe full of potassium.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, voiceover said:

I wish they'd had Kerry remember that her break-up with Elizabeth Mitchell's shrink was mostly because Kerry did not want to go public with their relationship.  And later, that Sandy had to force the issue.

Perhaps she could have said to the woman who did at least say, I still love you: "I'm sad you can't accept me for who I am, but I struggled at first too.  Maybe give it time?"

Eh, she wasn't saying she was struggling with it, but trying to understand, she was telling Kerry it was wrong, that who she is was wrong.  When Kerry was struggling, it was with being out -- she feared the ramifications at work, mostly.  It wasn't with thinking she was a morally defective person, or someone who was making an evil choice.

Kerry asked if she could ever accept her, and Frances Fisher said, "I can love you," which means no; it's that "love the sinner, hate the sin" crap.  As Kerry said, she wasn't interested in love without acceptance.  I support anyone who gives no quarter to the "Pray the gay away" crowd.  But her anger was gone; she'd gotten that out with her great series of questions about how, even if one thinks being gay is bad, how is that The One Bad Thing to get so up in arms about given all the other truly bad things going on in the world.  It was just an acceptance of how things are, which showed her the only healthy thing she could do for herself under the circumstances.  It took such strength, given how long she'd wanted to meet her, to walk away after such a short time, and also to genuinely say she's glad they met and give her a hug, given what she was spewing. 

1 hour ago, ktwo said:

I'm behind so I just watched this today and it was a gut punch. When Chen says that she could withhold fluids from his IV and g-tube but it would be horrible because he would take days to die from dehydration

First, my condolences on the loss of your father-in-law, and for what he (and your family) had to endure in the end.  Second, I really liked that storyline, and appreciated that Pratt dropped his sanctimonious stuff about it being a doctor's duty to do everything to extend life, and dismissing that every time her dad was lucid, he begged her to end it, and just supported her, even signing the death certificate.  There's potential for abuse that needs to be guarded against, certainly, but I am all in for the right to physician-assisted suicide.  Ming-Na did a terrific job, not just with the scenes at home, but with the exhausted desperation when Chen was wandering the ER trying to find someone to cover her shift.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 7

I've missed a lot of episodes this past week-ish because I'm moving, and I can't believe how much has happened.  And of everything that has, I guess my only question is, when did Kerry start using a cane instead of a crutch?

2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I'd hate to add that kid to my kill-if-I'm-dying list, but he is stepping on my last nerve, thanks to POP.

I didn't know anybody else had a kill-if-I'm-dying list!  Mine is rather short, but I seem to add more with increasing frequency as I get older.  Actually, one of them honest-to-goodness died on his own last May so there's that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

OK, I DVR everything, including 3 episodes of ER every weekday, and manage to FF through all ads.  That said - even a digit poised over the FF button on my remote isn't fast enough to make me NOT want to join the Marines and KILL, KILL, KILL the parties responsible for that obnoxious Goldbergs ad.  I'd hate to add that kid to my kill-if-I'm-dying list, but he is stepping on my last nerve, thanks to POP.

Yes! Lord, make it stop. Surely there are other ads they can use. Rotate, please!! 

@voiceover, I'm with you on the stuff regarding Kerry's mother. I'm not there yet but I remember watching it during the original airing and just being disappointed that it ended like that. Seemed like they could've written something a little more nuanced. 

It is SO HARD to keep track of the timeline watching at this accelerated pace. In the Ray Liotta episode Sam mentioned she had been working there a year and I was like Whaa??? You just got there! 

I forgot Madchen Amick was in this season as the psych doc. She was so gorgeous.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, desertflower said:

I forgot Madchen Amick was in this season as the psych doc.

I missed a few days (which means quite a few episodes) at the very wrong time -- when I left off, Carter was with the pregnant Kem, and then by the time I came back the fetus was dead, she was gone, and he was doing whatever with Mädchen Amick.  I know about the stillborn trauma, and assume Kem decided - since the upcoming baby that was now not going to exist was really the only connection they had - to go back to her usual life, and then Carter met this new person, but if there's more to the in-between, please let me know.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Kerry asked if she could ever accept her, and Frances Fisher said, "I can love you," which means no; it's that "love the sinner, hate the sin" crap.  As Kerry said, she wasn't interested in love without acceptance.  I support anyone who gives no quarter to the "Pray the gay away" crowd.  But her anger was gone; she'd gotten that out with her great series of questions about how, even if one thinks being gay is bad, how is that The One Bad Thing to get so up in arms about given all the other truly bad things going on in the world.  It was just an acceptance of how things are, which showed her the only healthy thing she could do for herself under the circumstances.  It took such strength, given how long she'd wanted to meet her, to walk away after such a short time, and also to genuinely say she's glad they met and give her a hug, given what she was spewing. 

Just to be really, really clear: I don't agree with what Kerry's mom had to say.  That was some brutal, needless shit for Kerry -- for anyone -- to hear.

I'm just saying it was a missed opportunity to write the situation with, as desertflower put it, any kind of nuanced approach.  Instead, they resorted to a sad stereotype.  You change the world person by person.  Here was a different type of conversion opportunity,  passed by.  

As far as "hate the sin/love the sinner", that idea is not "crap" to everyone.  And that doesn't necessarily mean "never accept".  

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I missed a few days (which means quite a few episodes) at the very wrong time -- when I left off, Carter was with the pregnant Kem, and then by the time I came back the fetus was dead, she was gone, and he was doing whatever with Mädchen Amick.  I know about the stillborn trauma, and assume Kem decided - since the upcoming baby that was now not going to exist was really the only connection they had - to go back to her usual life, and then Carter met this new person, but if there's more to the in-between, please let me know.

Nope, that’s pretty much it.  After the baby died, Kem was inconsolable and withdrew from Carter.  She went back to her life in Africa; they’ve kept in touch and Carter has visited, but it seems like their relationship is on hold.  On the show’s timeline, the baby died in May and it’s now the following winter.  Carter doesn’t get together with Wendell until around Christmas, so it’s now been more than 6 months since the baby died.

Carter eventually goes back to Africa, they reconcile and marry; but it’s a bumpy road and she’s not around when he returns to Chicago for the kidney transplant and he makes it clear they’re not happy.  I know it was due to Thandie Newton’s lack of availability, but Carter was the one character who I’d have liked to see happily married with kids in the end.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, voiceover said:

Just to be really, really clear: I don't agree with what Kerry's mom had to say.  That was some brutal, needless shit for Kerry -- for anyone -- to hear.

I'm just saying it was a missed opportunity to write the situation with, as desertflower put it, any kind of nuanced approach.  Instead, they resorted to a sad stereotype.  You change the world person by person.  Here was a different type of conversion opportunity,  passed by.  

As far as "hate the sin/love the sinner", that idea is not "crap" to everyone.  And that doesn't necessarily mean "never accept".  

The cliched way the story was presented made it hard to like.  I presume they could only get Frances Fisher for an eppy,  but it would’ve played better as an arc over several episodes and we’d seen them try to understand each other better.  Kerry’s birth mother had most likely spent her entire life immersed in a culture and faith where being gay was a sin and that’s that.  For Kerry to expect a 180 over the course of a couple hours was unrealistic.  And making her birth mother and old fashioned conservative Christian from the South too rigid to possibly accept Kerry’s life was playing to stereotypes instead of painting her with more complexity.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, voiceover said:

If she thinks Kerry's sexual orientation is a sin, so that while she can love her as a person in theory, but regards being gay as a sin ("hate the sin/love the sinner," which, yes, in this instance, is unequivocally crap to me, because it assumes being gay is a sin; that's equating it to saying someone I love committed murder, and while I loathe what she/he did, I still love her/him despite that horrible act, and that's crap as an analogy since being gay isn't an act, let alone a sinful one) and is thus perpetually hoping for her to renounce that "sin," then how is acceptance that she is who she is, it's not a choice, it's not a sin, ever going to change?  It's not.  Peace out, Frances Fisher; DNA isn't a reason to endure her shit for longer, despite the inevitable end.

Now, yes, I agree having Frances Fisher (Helen?  I have seriously already forgotten) be a more nuanced character, and giving Kerry a longer arc with problematic relatives as have other characters, would have been nice.  But I don't think she's a remotely unrealistic character, and find Kerry's reaction to her, once she saw the writing on the wall, brave, beautiful, and heart-breaking.

11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Carter eventually goes back to Africa, they reconcile and marry; but it’s a bumpy road and she’s not around when he returns to Chicago for the kidney transplant and he makes it clear they’re not happy.  

Oh, that's definitely past whenever I quit watching.  I'm surprised they pursued that; if she hadn't been pregnant with his child, I see no reason they'd have been hung up on each other for more than their time in the Congo, so the tragic end seems a logical reason for them both to return to their inevitably divergent lives and move on.  I like Carter, too, and wish he'd wind up with someone who is as well-suited to him and makes him happy personally as does his professional life.

• Love 4

Okay.  I assumed you meant you thought the whole of "hate the sin/love the sinner" attitude was crap.

But it seems like you assumed I was applying that to her mother.  No.  I thought it could have been from Kerry's perspective. ("Mom I hate that you think that.  Maybe if you got to know me...")

Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a "dumb bigoted Southerner" on TV.  It's been "represented" out the ass.  Would've been a nice -- and not inaccurate! -- departure to get a different reax from someone below the Mason-Dixon Line.

My father immigrated here from a country whose government still thinks flinging gays from rooftops = a great idea.  Not only did he never regard homosexuality as a sin, neither did anyone in his large family nor extended network of friends.

I'm going to crawl out on a limb and say, one could find a number of residents of Kentucky, who have the same attitude as my father's family.  And some who don't.  

(B) is overrepresented.

• Love 3

Re: Carter and Kem at the end....I seem to remember they did end on a glimmer of hope for the relationship. She showed up at the last minute and they talked a bit, and I can't remember the conversation but it seemed to open the door a wee bit for a possible future for them.

IMO, Carter and Kem were two people who should have just it a day and moved on.  Carter was basically living his father’s life by not letting go of a woman who just could not move on from her loss.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, desertflower said:

Re: Carter and Kem at the end....I seem to remember they did end on a glimmer of hope for the relationship. She showed up at the last minute and they talked a bit, and I can't remember the conversation but it seemed to open the door a wee bit for a possible future for them.

Yes, Kem does turn up in the series finale for a bit as Carter dedicates the Joshua Carter Children's Center (or something like that) to his son's memory, financed by the family foundation to provide medical care to poor kids.  She and Carter do have a brief convo, but it was not a sure thing they were going to reconcile as I recall. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, Kem does turn up in the series finale for a bit as Carter dedicates the Joshua Carter Children's Center (or something like that) to his son's memory, financed by the family foundation to provide medical care to poor kids.  She and Carter do have a brief convo, but it was not a sure thing they were going to reconcile as I recall. 

I don't get Pop (for about over a year since Spectrum moved it to another tier - translation, pay more or forget it!), but I have the DVDs. Still it has been a while since I watched. But if I recall, Kem did show up, but the finale was left open ended, hinging on a phone call, i.e. if Carter would call Kem or she would call him (implying either was still invested in their marriage), but based on Carter's demeanor at the end, with Susan and Rachel (walking arm in arm with Susan with Rachel tagging along to County after the bar catch up) and then when the injured came rolling in, it seemed to imply that Carter was back home in his element and was finally in a good place again, so he would be fine either way (and would let Kem go), but again, it has been ages and I could be mis-remembering details.

• Love 1

I just saw Michael O'Neill who played Ron Butterfield, Head of President Bartlet's Secret Service Detail on "The West Wing".  I loved that character.

And Josh Gad, already mentioned.

But I'm so lost.  Missing a week's worth of episodes was a gigantic set-back.  Oh well, I don't like it anymore anyway.  Just watching out of habit now, I guess.  Did somebody say that Abby has a baby?

24 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

I just saw Michael O'Neill who played Ron Butterfield, Head of President Bartlet's Secret Service Detail on "The West Wing".  I loved that character.

And Josh Gad, already mentioned.

But I'm so lost.  Missing a week's worth of episodes was a gigantic set-back.  Oh well, I don't like it anymore anyway.  Just watching out of habit now, I guess.  Did somebody say that Abby has a baby?

After Luka and Sam break up and Abby tells Jake she doesn't want a deeper relationship with him (he was planning to match in Chicago to be near her but she tells him not to bother), Abby and Luka start hooking up.  It's kinda casual until she ends up pregnant.  She decides to have an abortion without telling him (shades of her marriage with Richard).  She eventually tells him. decides to have the baby, and their relationship progresses and they move in together although she won't marry him.  Eventually, she delivers prematurely after a placental abruption (Sam's ex is involved in it) and she and the baby nearly die, of course.  She ends up with a hysterectomy which is just as well. The baby is in NICU and Abby goes back to her usual whiny, pessimistic ways.  Maggie turns up.  The baby is a boy names Joe and he, of course, survives after bunches of drama.  Luka is ecstatic.  Eventually they get engaged and Luka springs a surprise wedding on her when she won't plan it (and it is as stupid as it sounds).  Shortly thereafter, Luka's father is diagnosed with terminal cancer and he goes to Croatia to see him.  Abby is pissed that he would dare to leave her and the baby and falls off the wagon and drinks heavily including at work and when alone with the kiddo.  She sleeps with an attending after a drunken night out.  Eventually, Luka's dad dies and he comes home and finds out and they are separated briefly but reconcile pretty quick after Luka confronts the doc she slept with and threatens him.  Eventually, they decide to make a fresh start and move to Boston.  Abby never returns to County but we see her on the phone from Boston where she is supervising Joe and his little friends on a play date and I think we're supposed to think she lives happily ever after.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Zoe said:

That Steve re-cast is jarring.

I remember during the original airing I hated that recast and thought the actor (Garrett Dillahunt) was so creepy. The funny thing is I later came to love him when he was on Raising Hope. He was funny and sweet and charming and he and Martha Plimpton's character had one of the best tv marriages I'd ever seen. So pretty much the total opposite of his stint on ER!

• Love 2

Thanks.  I don't remember seeing him (original or re-cast), which is one of the inevitable hazards of only paying sporadic attention, but with three episodes per day - and the knowledge I'd never actually sit down and catch up if I recorded rather than having them on as background noise - that's just how it goes for me.

Another question: I didn't see hardly any of today's episodes, so did I miss anything in terms of personal storylines other than Mädchen Amick dumping Carter?

I recently watched seasons 12-14, and the baby thing didn't exactly happen the way mentioned a few posts above. Abby told Luka about the baby right away during a Christmas episode. The next episode was post Christmas and showed them talking about their options including abortion. She was worried about passing on the family disease and being a terrible mother. Luka supported her and let her make the decision even though he wanted her to keep it. 

Abby started drinking again when Joe had an accident while with the nanny, and she couldn't get ahold of Luka. It wasn't just because Luka wasn't around to help. The accident pushed her to it. If I remember correctly she drank a bottle of wine Neela had left at their place. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Bastet said:

Thanks.  I don't remember seeing him (original or re-cast), which is one of the inevitable hazards of only paying sporadic attention, but with three episodes per day - and the knowledge I'd never actually sit down and catch up if I recorded rather than having them on as background noise - that's just how it goes for me.

Another question: I didn't see hardly any of today's episodes, so did I miss anything in terms of personal storylines other than Mädchen Amick dumping Carter?

Sam doesn’t want more kids while Luka does (or at least is open to it); so you can see where that’s heading.

Neela and Gallant are in love.  He was back in Chicago for a couple days before returning to Iraq.

Abby is hooking up with her former student, Jake.

Ray is in a band and his scuzzy band mates are constantly hanging around but I’m sure you don’t care about that. Nobody cares about that.

Pratt’s girlfriend (who we’d never seen before) broke up with him because she felt he wasn’t ready to be an adult.  He did  some soul searching and decided he does want a serious relationship.  We were just introduced to a young woman running a charity trying to turn kids from the ghetto away from violence and she enlisted Pratt’s help with a kid (forced him to step up).  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Zoe said:

^ And in bizarro-world, Morris is pushing heavily for the Chief Resident job and somehow actually has a chance?

In even more bizarre world, he gets it.  Remember back in the old days when Mark had to cut a deal with Kerry to try to get the chief residency for Susan because Kerry didn't think Susan was good enough?  I guess naming Abby, everyone's favorite intern, ER CR was too outlandish even for this show.  We're also not really given any indication as to why Pratt wouldn't want it.  He's no great doctor, but he's not Morris.

• Love 3

We're also not really given any indication as to why Pratt wouldn't want it. 

Thank you! I'm watching that episode now and couldn't figure out why he wouldn't want it.  Makes no sense. 

Other than that, major props for this, the Cynthia Nixon episode. Really, really well done and genuinely freaked me out at the time as a 33-year-old mom with kids. The reveal when you think she's talking to the EMTs and doctors but she's actually unintelligible is excellent.

What I'm finding strange about this run of episodes, and I know I watched all of them during the original run because I had a DVR by then, is that I'm remembering the patient stories more clearly than the personal ones.  As soon as Cynthia Nixon and Ray Liotta and the cop with the teenage son come on screen, I remember exactly what happened to them. But when Wendall and Jake appear, I'm like "Huh, I totally forgot about you."

Edited by ktwo
...because I’m a mom, not a man.
  • Love 2

I'm behind; just watched the one where the dad shoots himself so his daughter can get his kidney. Guest Star Bingo: The dad was the dad from My So Called Life. And of course Chad Lowe returning as Carter's old student. It was funny, there were several times when the way he delivered his lines reminded me so much of Rob Lowe's character on Parks and Recreation, so I ended up chuckling at some scenes I probably shouldn't have! 

The whole thing with the press showing up because the guy shot himself seemed odd. How many crazier things have happened at this hospital? It was tragic, but it wouldn't have really brought out a slew of reporters, would it? And they knew Carter had posted on medical internet boards about the drug? Just seemed off. 

I like Jake, even though I had completely forgotten about him.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, ktwo said:

Thank you! I'm watching that episode now and couldn't figure out why he wouldn't want it.  Makes no sense. 

Other than that, major props for this, the Cynthia Nixon episode. Really, really well done and genuinely freaked me out at the time as a 33-year-old mom with kids. The reveal when you think she's talking to the EMTs and doctors but she's actually unintelligible is excellent.

What I'm finding strange about this run of episodes, and I know I watched all of them during the original run because I had a DVR by then, is that I'm remembering the patient stories more clearly than the personal ones.  As soon as Cynthia Nixon and Ray Liotta and the cop with the teenage son come on screen, I remember exactly what happened to them. But when Wendall and Jake appear, I'm like "Huh, I totally forgot about you."

I'm way behind (waiting for season 10 to start up on the Saturday run) but I am looking forward to the C. Nixon episode when is shows up later. I remember watching that. So well done and brought up one of the scariest things I can imagine happening--being able to think but not being able to express myself.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I'm way behind (waiting for season 10 to start up on the Saturday run) but I am looking forward to the C. Nixon episode when is shows up later. I remember watching that. So well done and brought up one of the scariest things I can imagine happening--being able to think but not being able to express myself.

As that one started, she was annoying me with how long it was taken her to stop talking as if someone could hear her when obviously they couldn't and they'd explained what was going on with her; the constant chirpy chatter was on my nerves.  But as it got going, I was drawn into it.  I liked little things like her mind wandering to how cute Kovac is.  I really liked when she was internally yelling at her husband to grow a pair and consent to the procedure.

• Love 2

I really liked when she was internally yelling at her husband to grow a pair and consent to the procedure.

I loved that the husband could actually read what she was trying to tell him with her pointed glare.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I really liked when she was internally yelling at her husband to grow a pair and consent to the procedure.

I remember that part. Made me think about the standard advice of talking to your loved ones so they know what to do. . . It would be so awful to have to lie there and watch your spouse make what you view as the wrong call.

• Love 1