Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: The Kanes

radishcake
  • Start Topic

...How did Archer get off the no-fly list? I realized that he went on planes a few times this season and that issue only came up last week.

Keith David as Dr. Kane was all kinds of awesome, especially the hot tub scene. That was a thing of beauty.

Krieger's Anime Wife is back! And she's on the company bowling team!

"Oh please, your people invented racism." Loved Cheryl tonight.

"Anthony?"

"After Susan B."

"Our ugliest president!"

...How did Archer get off the no-fly list? I realized that he went on planes a few times this season and that issue only came up last week.

Keith David as Dr. Kane was all kinds of awesome, especially the hot tub scene. That was a thing of beauty.

Krieger's Anime Wife is back! And she's on the company bowling team!

"Oh please, your people invented racism." Loved Cheryl tonight.

"Anthony?"

"After Susan B."

"Our ugliest president!"

Maybe Archer made up the No-Fly and No-Train excuse to just ride in Cheryl/Carol's private jet?

• Love 1

Kick-ass episode. Keith David makes anything better, and he's good at comedy. Ever hear him as Flame King in Adventure Time? Good stuff. And I want to see a Kane family reunion, especially now that Lana is out as a spy.

Am I a bad person for understanding how Archer would make a Three's Company-style misunderstanding in the hot tub? I was cringing, big-time.

I think the rest of the cast was wasted this week. Also, I thought the first two rules of "fight club" would prevent Pam and her homey from talking about it. On the up side, seeing Krieger's digital bride was pretty nice.

• Love 2

Doesn't matter how many films and TV shows do it, you don't take the Golden Gate Bridge to go from SFO to Berkeley. Other than that, they nailed the whole Berkeley atmosphere. And I gotta say, based on the hot tub scene, those are some damn fine genes in the Kane family. I'm not sure Archer's faux pas was purely a misread of the situation, considering his previous admission about black men.

• Love 2

Holy shit!  Keith David and CCH Pounder are just the perfect choices as Lana's parents.  Just brilliant casting.  Only complaint was CCH didn't have much to do in the back half, but everything else was pretty awesome.  Loved Archer assuming they wanted to have a threesome, that Lana's middle name is Anthony from Susan B. Anthony (makes total sense!), and Dr. Kane going along in the car chase.  Certainly can't complain about hearing Keith David get to say words like "assbucket."  I even enjoyed the ending twist that the "thieves" were actually Christian Slater and the CIA, and that Dr. Kane was willing to left his life's work disappear for some monthly installments, that I'm going to guess were pretty big.

The stuff with the rest of the cast was just filler, but I did love the return of Krieger's Digital Bride, bringing up Pam's fight club days, and, as usual, some great offensive lines from Cheryl.

The car chase was really well done.  Great animation.

Definitely liked this one more then the past two.  Hope the Kanes make a return in another season.

I am completely fine with the lack of a substantial storyline for the office crew because what they did have was funny as hell.  I loved every second of it.  Besides Lana and Archer's meet the parents escapade was enough of a story and the show didn't really need to over extend itself.  I like the idea that the group has a poker night and a bowling night.    Which is kind of a joke in itself.  I mean a bunch of spy types with mundane traditions that end in hate crimes and bowling ball related car crashes. ....what could possibly be wrong with that?  

Lana just as afraid as her parents as archer is of her mom and wants to make them proud.

Why did a true hugging liberal from an liberal loving unversity have a gas guzzling american made muscle car in his garage?!?

Honestly, why not? It's the car from Bullitt! For all we knew, Lana's dad was going to convert it to run on mildew. 

I shouldn't tell this but wtf. I'm in Berkeley. My friend used to be a groundskeeper for a retired professor up in the hills (like million dollar house). He lived on the property. Early one morning, the guy was in the hot tub while my friend was outside working, and guess what? Oh, the retired professor was in his hot tub, nude, and just got out because he owns the place. So the joke in this episode was so meta my head almost exploded. 

• Love 2

At the end of the cold open, I caught myself clasping my hands with glee at "mashed potatoes". This ep was a favourite for me and I bark- laughed at "I'm sorry I tried to spit roast your mom." And Archer Meep Meeping over the car.

Intrigued by the rest of the crew's plot, but thought it would be better served without having to compare it to the Kane plot. Perfect Lana and Archer foil with a twist of Slater/CIA business.

(edited)

I thought Lana and Archer visiting her parents was hilarious. I could not believe Archer was actually going to have sex with Lana's mother. He is so ridiculous. David Keith was great as Lana's father. I cannot wait for Lana's parents to meet Mallory and then the team. The Kanes and Archers are going to have wacky family meals and reunions over the coming years. No matter how much Lana protests, she chose to make Archer family by using his sperm to conceive AJ. 

Edited by SimoneS

I thought this epiode was going to be lame. But it was pretty funny! Archer telling the flight attendance make me a (small) garbage can full of booze!

The ending was so funny! Slater just dropped in out of the blue!

...it's been a week and I finally have to admit it. I don't get the mashed potatoes joke.

Archer was referencing a line from an old comedy record from the 70s by a guy named Mantan Moreland: "Shit, if this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

The Beastie Boys sampled the line in a track on their album Ill Communication, which is probably why it remains a fairly popular reference among bros on the internets (and, apparently, Sterling.)

• Love 2