Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Vision Quest

radishcake
  • Start Topic

It's official: Bottle episode! And it was awesome.

Ray tried pulling off the "Maximum Overdrive" bit again. Love that.

"You're not my coal mine supervisor!"

Everyone going "Mawp" was simply the best. Ok, what was even more the best: 911 calling Ray "ma'am" and blocking his number, followed by the scene at the end, revealing all the chaos. Cyril starting to jack it right at the end was the perfect capper.

• Love 2

Classic farce, this episode.  But good farce.

Pam peeing and the dropping her skirt was the cherry on top of this episode.  Cyril jacking it was the chocolate syrup.

And, for once, Mallory wasn't behind the hijinks.  But why did Archer stop the elevator?  Was it to not watch Vision Quest?  Is it a bad movie?

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 1

That was sublime. I cannot believe these voice actors record independently of each other!

Although I admit I didn't quite get the Mallory's Phone with an Archer Voicemail thing. Did he actually do it? (I mean, did he sabotage the elevator?)

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 2

I'll need time to digest this, but this actually might be one of my favorite Archer episodes ever.  Just seeing everyone (sans Malory) stuck in an elevator and interacting with each other, was just perfect.  It's amazing, since I heard that they don't do voice recordings at the same time, but all the actors really play off one another extremely well in these scenes.  It's just put together so well.

Can't even think of a favorite moment.  But, the ones that pop into my head right now are Archer shooting the gun and everyone's reaction, Cheryl/Carol "mind reading" everyone (including Krieger maybe being a clone), Lana busting out an Omar/The Wire reference (to Pam's "40" line), Archer mocking Cyril's sweater vest until he realized it was cashmere, and, well, pretty much anything Cheryl did.  A lot of great lines from her in this one.

I honestly need to see this one again.

Also liked that Lana had to remind Archer about all the Archer Vice stuff.  I do like that show likes to poke fun at that arc; it has a awareness that not everyone liked it, to say the least.

• Love 3

This was a hell of a full on episode. Not a moment of let up, and the jokes were coming thick and fast. I must have missed about half of them, because I was enjoying the previous joke too much.

Such an easy idea for a cartoon bottle episode, just have them all trapped in a confined space, bitching at each other. So many funny bits, but some of the best lines have to go to Cheryl. "Oh my god, we work in a coal mine.... You're not my coal mine supervisor!" She's so freakin' loopy.

The return of Milton, to the rescue with toast. Archer thinking Ray the cyborg can "R2-D2 it" to fix the elevator. Callback to Archer and Rip being lost at sea. Cyril's addiction to jacking it. Ocelot mention. Archer phone pranks. Everyone mawp-ing to clear their ears. So many running gags referenced in this episode. A million miles better than last week's pile of crap. Just shows how good the voice cast are, when they can make something truly hilarious and entertaining, even when their characters are not doing anything.

• Love 2

That was amazing. I think my favourite part was Archer showing concern for everyone else telling them they did not want tinnitus, even though he was the one threatening to cause it.

Archer freaking out about smelling burnt toast was hilarious too. 

• Love 1

I kind of don't get what's up with Krieger.

There's a theory that he's trying to clone more Kriegers, and his thermos was full of Krieger Soup.

The return of Milton, to the rescue with toast.

I loved Archer saying that he was having a stroke. Took me a few seconds to realize it was Milton with some burnt toast.

Good episode all around, even with a bottomless Pam, which would probably make me puke if it wasn't pixelated.

"Flapping around her unkempt vagina" is such a fantastic phrase, right up there with "each of you impaled on my priapsed erection."

I liked it for the most part, but I think the writing did a disservice to a cast that has great timing. There were too many "shut ups" "whats" "no you shut up" etc. It cluttered up what should have been a more zinger of an episode. 

This was a great episode. I loved that this episode had so little in plot-wise, but the dialog was awesome and it totally made the episode for me. I loved the call backs, to earlier episodes (and whenever this is done it, to me anyway, gives me a sense that these are real people with real lives, within the show, of course).

Overall pretty good but I was a bit confused at the ending. Did Archer really sabotage the evaluator (probably thinking that he will get his mother stuck in it)? Or did it just broke down and coincidentally he just rigged up a stupid voice mail to prank Mallory?

Everyone going "Mawp" was simply the best. Ok, what was even more the best: 911 calling Ray "ma'am" and blocking his number, followed by the scene at the end, revealing all the chaos. Cyril starting to jack it right at the end was the perfect capper.

For some odd reason everytime I hear "mawp" I think of muppets but here is the original "mawp" scene: