Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Disco Bob

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Bob Ruzek is the first to arrive on the scene of a double murder. Intelligence arrives to take over the investigation and tensions arise as Bob needs to hand over the case to his son and Voight. Lindsay's new gig has her planning a trip to Bolivia for an undercover investigation that could be for an extended amount of time. Burgess and Roman realize they need to put past events behind them so it doesn't jeopardize them going forward.

Wow, that did not take long. So they FINALLY have Lindsay and Halsted hook up only have her come back to the unit. Why rush the return? It is annoying.

Yeah, what was the point?  You spend pretty major parts of multiple episodes and give Lindsay a fairly long goodbye scene and she quits the task force after two episodes with it?  What a waste of time.

I am glad Lindsay is coming back to the squad, but agree they could have held it out for a couple of episodes. She is twelve years younger than me but the opening scene of Sophia Bush half dressed made me realize I really need to hit the gym.

• Love 2

Loved the scene with the Ruzek father and son. Loved Olinsky's observation about cops - some are this and some are that. Both are worthy.  Jack Coleman (Steve Carrington FTW) played such a baddie on Castle I kept waiting for him to be evil.

I pegged the boyfriend when the father said he was in his room, but thought he did it himself. and then thought he couldn't be because he led the police right to the boy. When the suspect started running on the ell i didn't know who paid him to do it. I never thought it was the dad. Am glad Voight owned up to it, but wish the dad had punched him in the face.

At the beginning - this was so confusing to me - when they saw the bloody handprint on the dryer, Voight says "he's injured, let's look for him" and they walk right out. I was screaming at the TV - "CHECK THE DRYER! HE MIGHT BE IN THE DRYER!" either hiding or put there by the killer.

Atwater's marble mouth has me frustrated. Sophia Bush's ass makes me want to never eat again. Jesse's abs - <SWOON> Burgess & Roman - meh, but at least they were drinking at Molly's. It took me three rewinds to catch the "tender age child." is that a Chicago/Illinois thing? Minors here in NY.

• Love 2

Anyone wanna place bets that Olinsky is the first one that knows about Lindsay & Halstead. When he walked in on them talking that was my immediate thought. He'll observe, know, but will keep it to himself. PS: No one wondered exactly why Lindsay stopped by? She made a point of saying she keeps coming by but never said why she was there. Erin looked emotion saying goodbye to Jay.

Speaking of Lindsay -- she had shitty bosses on this task force! This last one was hitting on her 3 minutes after meeting her! Then placed her on babysitting duty! Did he not see the file on her? The reason she was pouched by this unit to begin with?

Who knew Halstead/Jesse was hiding such a body underneath those shirts, hoodies, and leather jackets? *swoon* 

Lindsay and Halstead are my fave partnership but I do like Halstead and Atwater teaming up in last night's episode. 

Jack Coleman finally played a good guy! After watching him on Castle and Scandal, yes, I was expecting him to be a shifty at the very least.

His reasoning and explanation of being a cop vs being a father. Great!

I like Burgess and Roman's partnership and friendship. Wasn't sure at the beginning but the last handful of episodes have convinced me. 

Was a good episode; good case. 

Can't wait for the One Chicago event! 

What bothered me about this episode is that I feel it should have aired a year from now.  It is way to early for Erin to be disillusioned with the task force.  We all expected her to return to Intelligence but the way this was done makes it seem like she'll run to the safety of Voigt the moment her new environment doesn't meet her standards.  What the show should have done was commit to Erin's new job.  Have her get through the growing pains of the new environment to discover that she does love the new challenges and team.  Show her finding the kind of success she was promised when they courted her.  Have her new boss be a good guy and her team be solid and competent.  Then, after a year, select members of the team get promoted due to their success rate.  Her boss gets a cushy job in DC where he can flex his political muscles and she finds herself working with Satan from Supernatural.  Now she's expected to be on cases that take her to other countries for long term work and she's fine with it but it also entails working for a sexist prick who punishes her for politely and professionally refusing his advances.  Her decision to return to the police department can be a realization that being on the task force was something she loved under specific circumstances but being a detective was something she loved. Period.  Then her return is after a year of giving it her all rather than a few days and doesn't make her look wishy washy.

I hate it when shows do this kind of thing as it never makes the character in question look very good.  Erin had solid reasons for not liking Satan but, in general, the beginning is one of the worst parts of a new job.  You're still figuring things out, you don't know all the people you work with yet, and you don't have your new rhythm down.  It can be very frustrating even if you know exactly what tasks you're supposed to do.  But, you figure everything out, you get to know those people and you get your rhythm and that's when you can determine if those frustrations were the job itself or just the growing pains.  I just wish they'd had Erin stick it out to the end of the season at least. 

It was nice seeing HRG again.  I miss his glasses.

• Love 2

Wow all of that time Erin spent considering whether or not to take the job, and she lasts 2 episodes. I mean I knew she was going to come back but that was kind of ridiculous. And if she spent all that time mulling over whether she wanted to take the job or not, shouldn't she have done some investigating to figure out what the new job would be like? I mean it is not like investigation is a skill she might have.

On the plus side at least if she is not good at that kind of thing, at least she has an awesome body, so she has that going for her. And if her and Halstead have to break-up at least they had a fun day/weekend.

I figured Erin would be back soon, but I thought it would have something to do with the additional checks that were being run on the team before they could head to La Paz (or was it checks on the suspects?).  Anyway, I thought it would throw up something on her past that would kick her off the task force.

Then again, I also thought that maybe the Mom had set up the shooting so as to get the life insurance policy for her family and that the daughter had walked in at the wrong time.  So that's zero for two for me this ep!

Anyone wanna place bets that Olinsky is the first one that knows about Lindsay & Halstead. When he walked in on them talking that was my immediate thought. He'll observe, know, but will keep it to himself. PS: No one wondered exactly why Lindsay stopped by? She made a point of saying she keeps coming by but never said why she was there. Erin looked emotion saying goodbye to Jay.

Speaking of Lindsay -- she had shitty bosses on this task force! This last one was hitting on her 3 minutes after meeting her! Then placed her on babysitting duty! Did he not see the file on her? The reason she was pouched by this unit to begin with?

Who knew Halstead/Jesse was hiding such a body underneath those shirts, hoodies, and leather jackets? *swoon* 

Lindsay and Halstead are my fave partnership but I do like Halstead and Atwater teaming up in last night's episode. 

Would have been nice if Erin could have made it at least a little longer on the task force.  Yes, they needed a premise to get her back in the unit - that was obvious.  But, again, everything's done at breakneck speed with these characters.  The only thing they successfully teased over time was the obvious attraction and eventual hook-up of Erin and Jay.

Agree, Olinsky knows all.  He'll figure it out; in fact, he probably already did when Erin kept dropping in!

Knew Jay was a hottie since his relationship with Gabby on Fire.

Glad they didn't return to the Burgess - Ruzek relationship this episode, although that actually seemed more believable after she was shot.  Yeah, yeah, Burgess had to turn down Intelligence.  Gotta' keep that slot open for Erin - duh.

Are we supposed to assume that a lot of time has passed between Erin's first day on the task force and where the episode opens with her and Jay in between sexy times? When she visited the station the next day Voight looked like he hadn't seen her in a while... at least longer then a day.

Also, Burgess was off desk duty and back on patrol so I assume some time had to have passed and Jay/Erin have just been hooking up since she went to his apartment that night..

This way her decision to quit seems less flighty.

I could certainly be wrong but I didn't get the impression much time had passed.  It was Burgess' first day back on patrol, IIRC, and she still had a visible scratch on her face.

After the drama and although she had surgery, again IIRC, weren't her wounds (fortunately) somewhat minor?  Or at least compared to what they could have been b/c it was buckshot?

Also, the other clue, for me anyway, was that Voight hadn't filled her position.

Edited by aguabella

It was Burgess' first day back on patrol, IIRC, and she still had a visible scratch on her face.

I don't think that's a "scratch." Buckshot went into her face, and it looks like they are going to leave her with a scar. When I saw that they chose to have her with a facial injury, I was wondering if they were going to keep the scar or have it magically heal so as not to affect her looks, but I'm happy they are letting there be a long lasting consequence that isn't entirely invisible and off screen.

"Scratch" or "scar", same difference, we'll see.  Buckshot's very small.  Yes, a "scratch" could develop into a "scar".  Only their makeup artist knows for sure, lol.

IRL many patients would have that surgically repaired.  The issue was the timing of her return.

Edited by aguabella