Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Secrets and Lies

CooperTV

I liked the fake out with the son and how he tried to make it right and how his sister didn't fight him on it once the real bad guy showed up (whose voice I'm completely addicted to, time to replay mass effect).

I have not been watching this show since the first few episodes but my parents are still watching. For serious, Stalker? Eternal Flame? That's already a slow song sung by a female singer. What is the point in covering that one? 

• Love 1

Not gonna lie, I'm excited Eion Bailey is playing Ray. I wanted Ryan Devlin, but Eion Bailey should be great. He was almost unrecognizable here.

We all know that Beth's 1st stalker was coming back, but I gotta admit, I thought it was going to take a few more episodes. I also didn't think Perry was going to intentionally sicc Ray on Beth.

Edited by methodwriter85

Had two former Once Upon A Time folks.  Raphael Sbarge as Drew and Eion Bailey as Ray.  Raphael was fun; I'll wait and see with Eion. I'm not a huge fan of his, and I wonder if he'll be able to be menacing enough as Ray.  Also cool seeing Brett Cullen and Andrea Roth as low rent Bill and Hilarie Clinton.

I did like how it was the son who did the actual stalking with the mask, but Drew ended up being the endgame stalker.  Of course, I wonder how is this going to be explained away.  Is the son still going to get charged?  Is the mayor going to have to admit to all this, including having a daughter?  I guess it really doesn't matter, now that Perry and Ray are teaming up.

• Love 1

Wow.  Of ALL the creepy redone episode ending tunes... this was the worst one by far.

And you know... if they had any brains at all, wouldn't Beth Stalker 1.0's hospital be the FIRST place they'd look for Beth Stalker 2.0?  Come on.

• Love 3

I thought Beth's #1 stalker was in a secure enough facility that all visitors had to be verified somehow. Not that it's a big deal -- it is not too far a stretch for this show. And I like the ramping things up to the 11th level ... Why not? 

Do they make the songs played at the end of the show specifically for the show? Or do those versions actually exist? If the latter,  I definitely do not want to visit the music cafe that plays these unplugged versions. 

..Still enjoying this crazy mess of a show. Maybe next season, after they have somewhat dealt with the Ray+Perry thing and the Jack&Son stuff, they can expand on Janice more. I'm liking her character a lot more lately. 

The Elisabeth Rohm character does not look as if she belongs with the other characters -- it's as if she just came from a fashion photo shoot with the overdone makeup and what looks like a spray tan.. Just my opinion.

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 2
(edited)

They mashed some very predictable stuff (the call girl being the victim's daughter? The son being bitter about the the love child and stalking her? Seriously didn't see that coming, show! *sarcasm*) and some weird and contrived plot twists that were just unbelievably stupid (like Perry finding his way to the secure mental facility for  criminally insane). Mostly it all was just boring.

I liked Beth, Janice and Amanda, though.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1

Count me in as still enjoying this crazy mess of a show too, shrewd.buddha.  I was glad to have it back last night.  It was a good episode, but I'm really looking forward to next week.  The guy who plays Perry is great, and I loved Eion Bailey during his brief stint on ER, so I'm interested to see what those two get into together. 

And as much as I've disliked Dylan McDermott on this show, I was glad Beth agreed to open up to Jack.  The more people on the team helping her, the better.  I don't know if the writers will ever go "there" with them (I don't care either way), but I wonder, since DM & MQ are together in real life now.

Wow, that kid has some kind of powerful daddy--getting a felony deadly assault on a police officer knocked down to probation misdemeanor!

Show, show, show, what are we going to do with you?

I thought Beth's #1 stalker was in a secure enough facility that all visitors had to be verified somehow. Not that it's a big deal -- it is not too far a stretch for this show. And I like the ramping things up to the 11th level ... Why not? 

I dunno. We've gotten all kinds of contradictory info about what's going on with Stalker #1.  I mean he's supposedly in a place where if he's even released, she's on a notify list, but at the same time they also made sure to tell us it was some kind of voluntary commitment agreed to by the court and the guy's rich parents.  The whole thing only barely made sense for a stalker, but he's supposed to be a murderer too isn't he? 

Count me in as still enjoying this crazy mess of a show too, shrewd.buddha.  I don't know if the writers will ever go "there" with them (I don't care either way), but I wonder, since DM & MQ are together in real life now.

I'm another one who was actually glad we had a new episode. I am afraid the writers are going there with Maggie and Dylan. Here is why I think so, Elizabeth Rohm has been less bitchy toward him lately. I can see them trying to shove a love trIangle down our throats eventually.

Elizabeth Rohm has been less bitchy toward him lately. I can see them trying to shove a love trIangle down our throats eventually.

Has she?  I can't tell if she's smiling disdainfully now, instead of disdainfully smirking, or if that's the only expression she can make.  But I do feel that Beth must be very desperate if she's letting creepy Jack in on her secrets.

• Love 2

Has she?  I can't tell if she's smiling disdainfully now, instead of disdainfully smirking, or if that's the only expression she can make.  But I do feel that Beth must be very desperate if she's letting creepy Jack in on her secrets.

You may be right Rohm is limited on her emoting, she is either pissed or looks lost. Hopefully Jack, or the writers are dropping Jacks stalking hobby now that he is seeing his son some.

Wow, that kid has some kind of powerful daddy--getting a felony deadly assault on a police officer knocked down to probation misdemeanor!

Show, show, show, what are we going to do with you?

They're rich people. They can get away with absolutely anything they want as long as money is thrown at the right people.  Re: Things I Learned From T.V.

I always kind of figured that they'd try to go there with Jack and Beth, but not until many seasons in. Did not know DM and MQ were together.

Elizabeth Rohm must be insanely bored but insanely happy to have a job. She tries really, really hard on Twitter. I'm pretty sure she and Jack are headed to bed together at some point. Which is a shame though- her boy-toy detective is cute as fuck.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

The mayor wants everything to be very confidential and you know that the conversation with the mayor's wife needs to be handled very delicately ... So you take Jack with you?  Jack?  

How many times does he need to embarrass Beth with his obnoxious style and complete lack of nuance, before she realizes that she can't let him be part of anything that remotely requires finesse?  

I did like how it was the son who did the actual stalking with the mask, but Drew ended up being the endgame stalker.  Of course, I wonder how is this going to be explained away.  Is the son still going to get charged?  Is the mayor going to have to admit to all this, including having a daughter?  I guess it really doesn't matter, now that Perry and Ray are teaming up.

I am no legal expert by any stretch of the imagination, but my thought was that the daughter would file charges against Drew, but not against her step-brother, and the mayor would not file charges against his son.  So the son would go free, and Drew would face prison time for attempted murder, etc...

This may not be the way it works in real life, but it would totally work on a TV show.

Do they make the songs played at the end of the show specifically for the show? Or do those versions actually exist? If the latter,  I definitely do not want to visit the music cafe that plays these unplugged versions. 

Just imagine being stuck in an elevator with this Muzak.  

I'm dreading the episode in which they actually, finally, use a bad cover of..."Every Breath You Take."