Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

I'm so glad I started following the Canadagraphs guy. These are great. Will Dean dare eat another Turducken slammer?? I thought those were dunzo in s7 because of them being full of Leviathan stoner stuff

• Love 2
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Will Dean dare eat another Turducken slammer?? I thought those were dunzo in s7 because of them being full of Leviathan stoner stuff

Well, maybe someone thought it would be great to bring back that sandwich that was ever so popular a few years ago...of course, it would be minus the "special sauce" since the general population didn't know of its existence.

Or, maybe there's a lone Leviathan out there using his Biggerson's franchise to find food on the sly? It would be funny if one of those heads they put in concrete back in S7 managed to worm it's way out after the other Levis were dispatched. The Leviathans and their special brand of superiority complex could be good for a laugh! ;)

• Love 3

So this is from yesterday.

Just now, DittyDotDot said:

Well, maybe someone thought it would be great to bring back that sandwich that was ever so popular a few years ago...of course, it would be minus the "special sauce" since the general population didn't know of its existence.

Or, maybe there's a lone Leviathan out there using his Biggerson's franchise to find food on the sly? It would be funny if one of those heads they put in concrete back in S7 managed to worm it's way out after the other Levis were dispatched. The Leviathans and their special brand of superiority complex could be good for a laugh! ;)

I vote for Chet to have put himself back together.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I vote for Chet to have put himself back together.

Chet's a good choice. Another could be George the real estate agent's assistant from Out With The Old. Both were very enjoyable to me.

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So this is from yesterday.

Silly people, of course it's Supernatural. They're filming in a cemetery for Chuck's sake! ;)

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Chet's a good choice. Another could be George the real estate agent's assistant from Out With The Old. Both were very enjoyable to me.

Maybe they teamed up!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

That's why I chose that quote. LOL but thank you for the visual reminders for those that don't remember the quote. Funny thing I post a similar gif set when my baseball team goes into the crapper.

You mean like the Giants are playing right now?  Ugh!

• Love 1

I'M SO FREAKIN' PROUD OF KIM RHODES.

Sorry for the all caps.  It's just that here's an actress, who is 48 years old, and she's GETTING A SHOT at lead in a broadcast TV show.  Kim has always, IMO, elevated episodes she's in.  She's awesome at both drama and comedy. Her facials were so impressive she had that Ford (?) commercial in a Superbowl where she said nothing but expressed EVERYTHING.  

And these pictures, of her on the set, being the center of attention.  Just amazing.  I remember her saying once that the CW won't hire actresses over 25 or without a certain body type.  And you know, the CW may NOT pick up the show.  But Warner Brothers has FAITH IN HER.  They are putting her up for a pilot for a spinoff for a VERY FINICKY audience.  And I honestly think it's a testament to her acting.  She never fails to move me.  

*This moment brought to you by the BTS photos in this thread*

• Love 7

ACK! I REALLLY HOPE this is NOT for  SPN. IMDB doesn't show him for SPN but IMDB has become unreliable. His tweet is talking about Karma and being back seems weirdly pointed but who knows. I hope he's talking about some other show.

I don't want Cole back unless he gets mauled to death by a Hellhound, or even just a bear.

tumblr_ouu8rxoV5Y1vhkj7wo1_400.gif&key=5
H/T to Wayward Son for this gif. It will come in quite handy along with tumblr_m73adal59s1rziwwco1_500.gif
Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Yeah, the karma thing seems like it's a jab at those that HE would label "haters" (personally, I think he's toxic).  And #CT sure seems like "Cole Trenton" (character name).

So... yeah, I'd lay better than 50/50 odds he's back.  

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, SueB said:

Yeah, the karma thing seems like it's a jab at those that HE would label "haters" (personally, I think he's toxic).  And #CT sure seems like "Cole Trenton" (character name).

So... yeah, I'd lay better than 50/50 odds he's back.  

Oh crap, I didn't even notice the CT.  UGH. NO. I hate that character. I can't stand the actor.  There is no good that will come of him being back. I'll bet Dean and Sam have to save his sorry ass again. Hopefully they tell him to stay out of hunting, and then Dean and Sam get to punch him in the face for calling them "Deano" and "Sammy".  Bonus: His wife left him, took the kid and divorced him telling him to leave them alone when he decided to become a hunter. He has to get a part time job at a Gas N Sip to make ends meet and he gets shot in a robbery. Can you tell I hate the character?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, SueB said:

The "Deano" and "Sammy" grate for me. 

It's aggravating. I also got annoyed with him when I would listen to his interviews and he was kind of touting himself as a possible spinoff character and ugh. Just no.  Assuming he is back, I just hope it's to kill him off once and for all, but somehow I don't think he would come back and be all "KARMA" if he knew he was being killed off. Unless he's just trolling and this has nothing to with SPN. Who knows.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SueB said:

The "Deano" and "Sammy" grate for me. 

For this alone, I could never warm up to the character, no matter what. 

For what it's worth, Sam Smith mentioned the #DiscoElevator in a lot of Tweets/Instagrams.

I have always enjoyed Kim Rhodes, from back in the day when she played the demented Cynthia on Another World. I think she's a fine actress and I really like Jody as well. But I'd be lying if I said that the cons haven't put me off her and Brianna a little. JMO of course.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

For what it's worth, Sam Smith mentioned the #DiscoElevator in a lot of Tweets/Instagrams.

I wonder if they live in the same building in BC. I know Jensen does or did live in the same building as Katie Cassidy. And Jared lives across the street from Stephen Amell.

I'm in agreement with most of you on Cole.  I hated the Deano/Sammy schtick and I was always surprised they never called him on it.  He's just not a good actor, IMO.  Wasn't he also going on about how he auditioned to play Dean at one point, or some such nonsense?  The character brings nothing to the show and there are plenty of other characters they could bring back, if they needed to.  

• Love 7

I'm not fond of TAW altogether.  I won't say he's a liar, but I do think he doesn't let the truth get in the way of a good story.  I came across this article: http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=72428&cpage=2 where they were checking on his claims that he was a marine for 4 years and trained as a sniper.  The site shows FOIA paperwork, his imdb biography and a clip that seems to be from a SPN con where he talks about his service, but the comment on the site was: 

"Notice in the middle screenshot above he talks about returning after four years in the Marines, he had lost his humanity or some crap and that’s why he took up theater so he could act like he cared about other people. He told Viva Glam Magazine in an interview;

Ultimately what led me into the arts and into acting was the Marines. I was so stripped of any emotions and feelings that came from being trained to kill another human being or see another human being get killed that I felt lost in the civilian world. I just couldn’t connect to people and I didn’t know what my place in the world was and what I wanted to do with my life.

The problem with that is 1) he didn’t spend four years in the service 2) he was assigned to Gulf Company, 2/23 Marines of the Fourth Marine Division – a Reserve unit in Los Alamitos, California. The Marines stripped him of his emotions and feelings one weekend a month and two weeks a year."

Note that it's not illegal to lie about your military service, but IMO it does show something about his character.  

Like I said, I just don't like the actor and hate the character he played.  Let's hope he's either trolling or is there as monster bait and will be killed quickly.

• Love 7

@ahrtee

Wow. That is something else. Like there is puffing the resume and there is borderline lying. That character is NEVER talked about by any actors at cons. Nobody cares about him. 

Does he knows where bodies are or something? Is this Mark P's influence, who seems to be kind of friends with TAW.  Or at least they defend each other on Twitter.

Gods, I hope he doesn't come back as the big Bad and he sure as shit better not be AU Michael. I'll lose my shit.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

How are they going to disguise his glowy eyes?  It looks like maybe someone delivering drinks and stuff.

I figure his glowy eyes is just a temporary thing. I don't think it's a permanent thing. Maybe his eyes glow when he's scared. LOL

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

Wait...maybe I'm crazy, but is Jackifer wearing a knock-off of Cas's trench coat?

I think it's a shirt.  But it might be a nod, based on color.

22 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

Wait...maybe I'm crazy, but is Jackifer wearing a knock-off of Cas's trench coat?

It's pretty close. I think it's like a long beige shirt but it's definitely similar.

15 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It's pretty close. I think it's like a long beige shirt but it's definitely similar.

You are right it is Jackifer....I can't wait to see how he becomes a fully functioning human being

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

You are right it is Jackifer....I can't wait to see how he becomes a fully functioning human being

(If he's still imprinting) I hope he doesn't learn the constipated sigh :P

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3

I have no interest in watching Jackifer learn how to human/angel from anyone other than Cas TBH. Cas has a unique perspective on humanity and angels since, you know, he's been both and he protected Jackifer, but SURE take out the ONE GUY who can understand both sides of that equation just so Sam and Dean can be "parents".  Seriously, who decided this was a thing that needed to happen?  

The boys, despite being so close to Castiel, have no concept of what being an angel is all about, not really. They can't help him understand how his angel grace works, or the powers he has, and what that intrinsically means to an angel. So how are they going to help him with that? Contact random angel number 12 since Cas is dead?

40 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Jared could barely keep from laughing a couple times.  And personally, I think Sam's hair is getting a little too long.  It looks a little too S8ish.  Which, for reasons, I'd rather not be reminded of S8.  

I liked Jared's s9 hair. I think that looked good on him. I wouldn't mind seeing that look again.

I hope that bit with Dean being gross with his food is just Jensen screwing around. Pretty tired of that now show.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, companionenvy said:

Yes--that certainly looks like a homage/indirect connection to Cas with that Jackifer shirt or whatever it is.  I would think that's deliberate to hint at the upcoming daddy imprinting with Cas. 

1 hour ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Jared could barely keep from laughing a couple times.  And personally, I think Sam's hair is getting a little too long.  It looks a little too S8ish.  Which, for reasons, I'd rather not be reminded of S8.  

I saw those clips/pics - the difference between Jared and Sam is so stark at times. I wish they'd let Sam lighten up a little.

For me, Sam (and Jared) never looked better than S8. I am a Jensen/Dean girl to my toes, but Jared here? Rawr!!!

SPN_1388.jpg

• Love 2
13 hours ago, companionenvy said:

And he does kind of look like young Misha.

Edited by Jakes
26 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Not me.  Of the more recent seasons, I liked S12 hair the best.  

I think it's gotten too poofy around his head. Maybe he's having a humidity problem LOL. I thought s11 had nice layers. So long as we never see the s10 bob/Prince Valiant do.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think it's gotten too poofy around his head. Maybe he's having a humidity problem LOL. I thought s11 had nice layers. So long as we never see the s10 bob/Prince Valiant do.

I grew up in the 60s/70s and am still burned out on long hair on men except in historical drama (I did like both Sam and Dean's hair in the Moondor battle!)  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, companionenvy said:

Here is a better view of Jackifer's jacket. Looks very much like Cas' coat but with a lighter shade and shorter. And a white shirt. And blue jeans. kind of Cas' colors.

tumblr_ouvdqnFtxM1rejdwzo3_540.jpg

• Love 1
Just now, ILoveReading said:

They're probably just interviewing the cops.

Maybe so. I was thinking that since this appears to be an actual prison of some type vs a sheriff station, and Dabb's penchant for revisiting old episodes, I was thinking maybe it will be something akin to Folsom Prison Blues where the monster is in the prison?

I'm  a little worried about Garth. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Garth, I don't want to see him killed off.

53 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Season, 10.  I always compared it to Lord Farquaad. 

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I have no interest in watching Jackifer learn how to human/angel from anyone other than Cas TBH. Cas has a unique perspective on humanity and angels since, you know, he's been both and he protected Jackifer, but SURE take out the ONE GUY who can understand both sides of that equation just so Sam and Dean can be "parents".  Seriously, who decided this was a thing that needed to happen? 

I think the writers are approaching Jack more from a nature/nurture POV rather than Angel/human, which is why they are focuing more on Sam being a parent to Jack than Cas. 

My biggest concern with this storyline is that its giving me Ruby flashbacks.  The way that clip is staged it very much looks like Sam/Jack vs Dean.  Raising Lucifer's son there has to be some legitimate concerns that things could go spectacularly sideways.  So I hope that the show isn't going to downplay Dean's legitimate concerns by trying to force a "Dean is jealous" type storyline.  (I don't mean that in a bitch/jerk kind of way, but more as speculation based on Jared's comments on comic con about going down the whole "you hate Jack, you hate me" comments."

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I think the writers are approaching Jack more from a nature/nurture POV rather than Angel/human, which is why they are focuing more on Sam being a parent to Jack than Cas. 

Cas still has the best insight into nature vs nurture for a half angel/half human entity.  Cas went against his nature by choosing humanity over the angels, twice. The 'nurture' of humanity i.e. Dean, and Sam, allowed him to see the value of humanity leading him to choose humanity, every time. And he spent significant time as a human, experiencing the breadth of human existence.  Cas is going to understand what I would presume is Jackifer's internal struggle. Unless the show decides that because Jackifer imprints on Sam that he doesn't even know he's an angel, which, if they go down that path, will be ridiculous. IMO. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

(I don't mean that in a bitch/jerk kind of way, but more as speculation based on Jared's comments on comic con about going down the whole "you hate Jack, you hate me" comments."

Oh wow. I didn't know Jared had said that.  I knew there was a "if you kill him, would you kill me" but I didn't think it was being extended into Sam thinking it's hatred on Dean's part towards him if he wants to kill the Devil's spawn.   It is possible for Dean, or any other character, to truly believe that it's not a good idea for the devil's spawn to be out in the world which has absolutely nothing to do with how that character views Sam.  That is such a strawman argument. 

And SPN writers have a terrible habit of doing that: 

Like back in s4, they used a strawman that only TWO things could happen in saving a possessed person, the Hand of Ipecac saving the meatsuit vs demon knife which is harmful to the meatsuit, conveniently leaving out the option of standard old exorcism which they have been doing for years.

Same thing with Dean and Mary and him just wanting his mommy to make him sammiches. It was never played that Dean ever wanted that, or nor behaved like that's what he wanted but then at the end of 'The Raid' that's a factor in his anger with Mary instead of her poor treatment of them:  Strawman.

I'm sure there are many other strawmen arguments the show has used to create angst and it's never good. I hope that doesn't turn out to be a thing again.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Cas still has the best insight into nature vs nurture for a half angel/half human entity.  Cas went against his nature by choosing humanity over the angels, twice. The 'nurture' of humanity i.e. Dean, and Sam, allowed him to see the value of humanity leading him to choose humanity, every time. And he spent significant time as a human, experiencing the breadth of human existence.  Cas is going to understand what I would presume is Jackifer's internal struggle. Unless the show decides that because Jackifer imprints on Sam that he doesn't even know he's an angel, which, if they go down that path, will be ridiculous. IMO. 

I agree with what your saying, and Cas taking Jack under his wing makes the most sense, but I think the writers are more focused on Lucifer (bad) half vs Kelly (good) half.  Then trying to have him bond with Sam because of the whole. I was born to be bad stuff. 

There are things complicating this parallel. 

First, is that the show told us Lucifer wasn't born evil.  He was corrupted by the Mark of Cain.   It seems the show has already demonstrated that it leans more toward no one is really born evil stance.    We've seen time and time again that monsters are able to rise above their monster like natures and be good, or at least not mindless killers.  It just feels like there is nothing there to explore anymore. 

Also I don't know enough, or care enough about Kelly to have her really represent the "Human side."  I don't think she's evil or an assistant by day serial killer by night type, but there was nothing that special about her.  She didn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer either.  One minute she wants to kill herself because she's sure her baby will be evil, and the then its "no, my baby must have his powers." 

Why not at least try to extract the grace?  The show already established you can put it back later.  Give it to him after he demonstrates he's going to use it for good, rather than take a chance he wants to destroy the world. 

I feel like there is a lot more unexplored territory with your scenario because it would show Jack not just struggling with nature/nurture side but with is angel human one.  It just seems like there is more unexplored territory. 

33 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Oh wow. I didn't know Jared had said that.  I knew there was a "if you kill him, would you kill me" but I didn't think it was being extended into Sam thinking it's hatred on Dean's part towards him if he wants to kill the Devil's spawn.   It is possible for Dean, or any other character, to truly believe that it's not a good idea for the devil's spawn to be out in the world which has absolutely nothing to do with how that character views Sam.  That is such a strawman argument. 

My apologies, I dont' know if he said you hate jack you hate me.  I was thinking of the interview where Jared said that if Dean wanting Jack dead, he must want Sam dead too because of the demon blood.  I tend to view any variation  you dislike/dont' trust/hate/want Jack dead equals you must dislike/don't trust/hate/want me dead as pretty much the same thing.   The verb doesn't really matter so much as the sentiment behind the same it.

For me its forced parallel and Dean has demonstrated time and time again he likes, trust, loves, doesnt' want Sam dead.  What more can he do to prove himself? If they don't give Dean a counter argument that it really isn't the same thing, then it's not only a straw man's argument but its going to come across as Sam using a guilt trip on Dean to get his own way. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

First, is that the show told us Lucifer wasn't born evil.  He was corrupted by the Mark of Cain.   It seems the show has already demonstrated that it leans more toward no one is really born evil stance.    We've seen time and time again that monsters are able to rise above their monster like natures and be good, or at least not mindless killers.  It just feels like there is nothing there to explore anymore. 

Didn't they essentially go back on that when Chuck told Lucifer the Mark just made him more of what he already was? Like the Mark accentuated his bad qualities? I don't really know where the show stands on nature now because of that reversal.

13 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

My apologies, I dont' know if he said you hate jack you hate me.  I was thinking of the interview where Jared said that if Dean wanting Jack dead, he must want Sam dead too because of the demon blood.  I tend to view any variation  you dislike/dont' trust/hate/want Jack dead equals you must dislike/don't trust/hate/want me dead as pretty much the same thing.   The verb doesn't really matter so much as the sentiment behind the same it.

I gotcha. Yeah I see where you're coming from.

• Love 1