Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Res said:

Does anyone know if there are any of the after question videos up? Where they talk at the different tables individually?

I haven't seen them crop up yet. I usually find those more insightful, myself.

2 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

I can't really come up with any reason Dean would immediately think Mary is dead, though and not even try to help her. I'm trying, but can't come up with any scenario Dean would  be on the let's-not-even-try wagon.

I can tell you exactly why...it's to mirror Sam assuming Dean was dead in season 8 and not looking for him.  Think about it--same thing:  beloved family member disappears under obviously supernatural circumstances, what do you do?  Assume they're dead and don't bother to look.

Now if Dean gets in Baby and hits a dog, I'm out of here.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Dean thinks that "it is curtains for mum" while Sam is holding on hope that she is alive as "they have been on the other side of the rift!". This is going to cause a rift between the brothers as Sam's early season mission is rescue mum, while Dean thinks they've more important things to worry about.

Have they met Dean? Seriously, what the fuck even is this? Oy.

9 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I can tell you exactly why...it's to mirror Sam assuming Dean was dead in season 8 and not looking for him.  Think about it--same thing:  beloved family member disappears under obviously supernatural circumstances, what do you do?  Assume they're dead and don't bother to look.

Oh.

My.

God.

No really.

Oh.

My.

Effing.

God.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Heh, well, if Dean hits a dog and that's his motivation for not even trying...BRAIN DAMAGE!!! Seriously. ;)

You know, I can see Dean being the realist in this situation after a certain period of time and effort, but not immediately after she walks through the rift for Chuck's sake. I guess it just depends how immediate all this is?

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Have they met Dean? Seriously, what the fuck even is this? Oy.

I think I summed it up pretty accurately, but if you want the full comment I transcribed it here 

I  agree with @ahrtee that it is intended to be a mirror of Sam not looking for Dean in s8. However, IMO this is even worse. At least Dean and Cas disappeared in a manner that looked like an explosion. Mary went through a portal they'd just come out of! There is literally no way for Dean to misinterpret what happened to her.

I know I'm not the most Dean friendly of fans, but even I consider this plot point ridiculous and completely OOC.

• Love 3

Ok, so I just watched an interview with Jensen and I feel slightly better about where they're going.  He said that the show picks up right where we left off last season, and Dean is having a difficult time processing all that has happened literally in the last 5 minutes, and so he opts to do the one thing he feels he can control, which is eliminating the immediate threat, meaning Jack.  He and Sam are at odds about what to do with him, but he specifically said that it doesn't last for long, and it's nothing like how they used to be at odds in earlier seasons.  

This at least makes more sense to me, and I've managed to talk myself off the edge a bit.  The one thing I did like to hear from the panel was that we will be encountering more people from the past, but those from the AU will obviously be completely different from the characters we knew.  I think that could be cool.  So I'm going to try to focus on those possibilities and not let Dabb and Company's explanations of what's to come make me too crazy.  At least for now...

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

There is literally no way for Dean to misinterpret what happened to her.

Well, playing devil's advocate here, maybe it's not that he misinterprets what happened to her, but figures: one, they have no way to open the rift to go see for themselves; and two, the Devil probably killed her, not the rift itself, and the longer she's over there the chances of her surviving diminish.

Still, pretty weak if Dean comes to the realization two seconds after the rift closes. Now, if he comes to this idea after they've tried to open the rift to no avail or something, I think I can go with Dean accepting that there is no way to get her back and it would be best for him to accept that and move on. My problem will be if it's Dean just throwing up his hands immediately.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 5

Jack might be able to create  a rift. There's likely some connection between him and the other universe, if his birth caused portals to open up between Our World and the AU.

Last ditch effort would be killing him, because if his birth was powerful enough to open up a rift, then his death might be, too. That possibility doesn't really justify killing a baby, but that's how I think another portal might ultimately be opened -- Jack's death.

Also, I think if you have the father in one universe and the son in the other, they're probably going to both be trying to create a portal in order to reunite. And considering how powerful each of them are, one of them is pretty likely to succeed.

So, does this mean that there are also AU Heavens and AU Hells? This could get really confusing. Is AU Mary in AU Heaven right now?!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, rue721 said:

That possibility doesn't really justify killing a baby, but that's how I think another portal might ultimately be opened -- Jack's death.

I think this is probably why Jack went through the rapid-aging process.  No one wants to watch them kill a baby, but Jack is already a grown, rather sinister looking man.  He obviously doesn't get killed, at least not right away, so we'll see how that plays out.

• Love 6
(edited)

I know there is an ongoing debate about nature/nurture and just because someone might be born to drug addicted parents or to a serial killer, but I think Jack is not really comparable.  Because if someone shows signs of going the route of their parents you can intervene and get them help, whether its rehab, counseling, or jail in extreme circumstances.  

The threat would be containable.   It wouldn't have world ending consequences.

That's the problem with Jack.  If he goes rogue and embraces his dark-side and uses his power for bad, sides with his dad there is no way Sam or Dean can stop him.  He would have the power to eliminate Sam and Dean with a snap of his his fingers.   He has the potential do cause a lot of damage and hurt a lot of people.

If the brothers are going have Sam and Dean argue than they need to give Dean more than a straw man's argument that can easily be shot down.   But since they usually don't allow Dean to bring up the important points I figure its will just be more Sam pontifcating.

I also hope Dean is allowed to bring up that just a few weeks ago (in show time) how Sam had no problem joining up with the British Men of Letters to eradicate every monster in the US whether they deserved it or not.  Sam hasn't exactly earned the right to a moral high ground because of this.

Kind of off topic, but apparently Kansas told Jensen he could sing with them.  Dammit Jensen why?

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I haven't watched them yet! (I'm just about to) but have some press interviews!

I only watched Jared's thus far. Sometimes their perspective on their characters mystifies me. Jared believes that what the brothers have done for/to each other is equal/comparable? I know I'm biased, I do, but really, Jared? Seriously? And Sam is going to play the 'maybe you still think I'm a monster, too' card? Ugh Ugh Ugh.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4
(edited)

"We see Sam thinking that if he hates Jack he hates him."

WTF?

If Sam thinks that, there is no hope for this brotherly bond.  Really? 

Big no, to more fall out from Sam's hell.  At this point I'm so over it. 

A role reveral that Sam pushes memories of being trapped with Lucifer down- didn't Sam do that in season 1 with Jessica?

Why did I watch this interview?

Jensen said it hasn't come to head yet for Dean about all he lost in finale, but if they're going to have Sam break down over his Lucifer memories I don't see them actually addressing Dean's trauma because they both can't be out of commission at the same time.
Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Ok, so I just watched an interview with Jensen and I feel slightly better about where they're going.  He said that the show picks up right where we left off last season, and Dean is having a difficult time processing all that has happened literally in the last 5 minutes, and so he opts to do the one thing he feels he can control, which is eliminating the immediate threat, meaning Jack.  He and Sam are at odds about what to do with him, but he specifically said that it doesn't last for long, and it's nothing like how they used to be at odds in earlier seasons.  

This at least makes more sense to me, and I've managed to talk myself off the edge a bit.  The one thing I did like to hear from the panel was that we will be encountering more people from the past, but those from the AU will obviously be completely different from the characters we knew.  I think that could be cool.  So I'm going to try to focus on those possibilities and not let Dabb and Company's explanations of what's to come make me too crazy.  At least for now...

I want to share your attempted Zen, I really do. I just don't have any faith in Dabb and the current crop of writers to handle this in any way that doesn't make Dean look like a dick. It's their specialty. Jared's commentary only makes me despair more. My only glimmer of hope is faith in Jensen that he won't let them completely screw Dean over.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm in the middle of watching Misha's panel. He talks about us finding Cas in a realm they've talked about, but never shown before. My mind jumps to the empty. Can anyone think of any other realms the show has talked about but not shown? 

He also mentions being trapped with one other being played by a great actor? My speculation is that he is going to be with Death. What do you guys think? 

Edited by Wayward Son
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

"We see Sam thinking that if he hates Jack he hates him."

WTF?

If Sam thinks that, there is no hope for this brotherly bond.  Really? 

Big no, to more fall out from Sam's hell.  At this point I'm so over it. 

A role reveral that Sam pushes memories of being trapped with Lucifer down- didn't Sam do that in season 1 with Jessica?

Why did I watch this interview?

Jensen said it hasn't come to head yet for Dean about all he lost in finale, but if they're going to have Sam break down over his Lucifer memories I don't see them actually addressing Dean's trauma because they both can't be out of commission at the same time.

At this point I just want Dean to deal with his trauma by getting in the Impala and driving away. Gah.

• Love 6

I've only watched Jensen's interview so far, so maybe I'm better off leaving it at that.  I am in full agreement that Sam's hell experience and his time with Lucifer have been dealt with, ad nauseam.  I don't care anymore, get over it.  To play that up and make it some sort of weird bond between Sam and Jack is just bullshit.  Gonzosgirl, you can see that my attempts at Zen don't normally last very long...

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I'm in the middle of watching Misha's panel. He talks about us finding Cas in a realm they've talked about, but never shown before. My mind jumps to the empty. Can anyone think of any other realms the show has talked about but not shown? 

He also mentions being trapped with one other being played by a great actor? My speculation is that he is going to be with Death. What do you guys think? 

Hmm? Death would be interesting--love me some Death!--I could go for that. The Empty would be the only realm I can think of right now they haven't already gone too. Plus, Cass is an angel, so he shouldn't end up any place else.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I've only watched Jensen's interview so far, so maybe I'm better off leaving it at that.  I am in full agreement that Sam's hell experience and his time with Lucifer have been dealt with, ad nauseam.  I don't care anymore, get over it.  To play that up and make it some sort of weird bond between Sam and Jack is just bullshit.  Gonzosgirl, you can see that my attempts at Zen don't normally last very long...

TVAddict Interview

• There will be some disagreement between the brothers this season, although it won’t necessarily be as bad as what we’ve seen in the past. Ackles said. “it’s not so much the brothers are head-to-head like it’s been in the past seasons. It’s more of [a situation where] Dean wants to go this route, Sam wants to go this route, but they will both eventually end up in the same place. Dean will acquiesce to Sam and be like ‘we’ll try it your way, but if anything happens we do things my way’. So it’s more like that.”

So, exactly like S12.

And apologies to Sam fans (I'm admittedly kind of jealous at the moment) but this right here is enough to make me give up. Jared's words:

• We really saw Sam step up and take the lead in the fight about the British Men of Letters at the end of last season and Jared explained that he thinks “Sam has always been kind of ultimately powerful. He’s been Lucifer. He’s been so full of demon blood that he started the apocalypse. So Sam is a thinker and he knows that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely….[This leadership role for him is going to] continue as much as it can and it needs to. Obviously the British Men of Letters problem [is gone but] there’s another task at hand. And he certainly has taken the lead and he has taken the lead with Jack. So maybe that was awakened in him at the end of season 12.

In this entire interview, except for vague references to Dean wanting to shoot things in the face, there is no story for him. I weep for my Dean and 'my' Supernatural, because I fear it is no more. Thank Chuck for DVDs. Maybe I'll just pretend Dean didn't miss with that scythe in 11x23 and the series ended there.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 8
(edited)
27 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

LOLOLOLOL.  Sam and his Hell trauma AGAIN? Fuck off show.

Well, maybe it's more Sam and his tainted blood, and how everyone saw him as evil and maybe Dean still does.  Hasn't his blood been purified about 10 times over?  I suppose that doesn't matter if you "feel" tainted, but still that was a damn long time ago, and we haven't had any inkling that Sam was feeling at all "dark", so why go there now?  Dean was an actual, live demon just a few short years ago, and they don't seem to be revisiting that.  Whatever...

I have to think Misha is referring to The Empty, and maybe that's his punishment for killing Billie.  He said he ends up there with someone else, played by "a great actor".  Hmmm, I wonder who it could be?

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 3
Just now, MysteryGuest said:

I have to think Misha is referring to The Empty, and maybe that's his punishment for killing Billie.  He said he ends up there with someone else, played by "a great actor".  Hmmm, I wonder who it could be?

There shouldn't be anyone else in the Empty though, right? Or is that my head!canon?

SWERVE! John Barrowman

• Love 1

Cas and Jack. “It takes along time for them to actually come together in the show,” Misha explained of Jack and Castiel’s first meeting. “I don’t think we have scenes together until episode 6. But, in a way, I think Jack sort of thinks of him as a surrogate father or something like that. There’s some sort of strange imprinting that may have happened even though Cas was dead.” Is Jack on their side though? “I think that’s a big question for everybody.”

This gives me hope that Cas' primary storyline from last season was not completely stolen by Sam and Dean! 

I am also going to assume by the reference to episode six that we'll have Cas back (in some form) by the end of episode 3. Since there are usually a few Cas free eps after the opening arc. 

1 minute ago, MysteryGuest said:

How about Jeffrey Dean Morgan?  John got out of hell, Ash couldn't find him in heaven, and Dean and Cas didn't run across him in Purgatory.  Maybe he's been in the Empty all this time.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ahrtee said:

How about Jeffrey Dean Morgan?  John got out of hell, Ash couldn't find him in heaven, and Dean and Cas didn't run across him in Purgatory.  Maybe he's been in the Empty all this time.

I would love to see JDM but I'll be PISSED if Dean doesn't get to see him.

5 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Well, maybe it's more Sam and his tainted blood, and how everyone saw him as evil and maybe Dean still does.  Hasn't his blood been purified about 10 times over?  I suppose that doesn't matter if you "feel" tainted, but still that was a damn long time ago, and we haven't had any inkling that Sam was feeling at all "dark", so why go there now?  Dean was an actual, live demon just a few short years ago, and they don't seem to be revising that.  Whatever...

But Sammy's feels have always trumped Dean's reality, so nothing new in the world here.

I thought The Empty, too. We've never really been told what happens to angels and demons when they are killed and not just banished/exorcised. Humans get Heaven or Hell, Monsters get Purgatory, so maybe The Empty is punishment for wayward (oh how that word has been ruined for me) angels?

• Love 2
Just now, catrox14 said:

I would love to see JDM but I'll be PISSED if Dean doesn't get to see him.

Well, can it's just John and Cas in there I can't really see them rescuing Cas, but leaving John to rot. I'd say even if his initial interactions are only with Misha / Cas he'd eventually reunite with the brothers. 

Im kind of excited by the idea of John meeting Cas. I think it'd be quite interesting to see how they interact and Johns reaction to hearing of his bond with the brothers. Especially since he was always portrayed as being very black and white anti-monster. 

8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

“Sam has always been kind of ultimately powerful. He’s been Lucifer. He’s been so full of demon blood that he started the apocalypse. So Sam is a thinker and he knows that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely….

I hope Jared's just getting a bit carried away with himself here, because if this is really where they're going with the story, count me out.  I'm really not interested in watching Dean play idiot brother to the much smarter, much stronger, Sam.  That's crap.  If they aren't on equal footing then that changes the whole dynamic of the show.  I hope it's just Jared being Jared.

• Love 9
(edited)
16 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

TVAddict Interview

• There will be some disagreement between the brothers this season, although it won’t necessarily be as bad as what we’ve seen in the past. Ackles said. “it’s not so much the brothers are head-to-head like it’s been in the past seasons. It’s more of [a situation where] Dean wants to go this route, Sam wants to go this route, but they will both eventually end up in the same place. Dean will acquiesce to Sam and be like ‘we’ll try it your way, but if anything happens we do things my way’. So it’s more like that.”

So, exactly like S12.

And apologies to Sam fans (I'm admittedly kind of jealous at the moment) but this right here is enough to make me give up. Jared's words:

• We really saw Sam step up and take the lead in the fight about the British Men of Letters at the end of last season and Jared explained that he thinks “Sam has always been kind of ultimately powerful. He’s been Lucifer. He’s been so full of demon blood that he started the apocalypse. So Sam is a thinker and he knows that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely….[This leadership role for him is going to] continue as much as it can and it needs to. Obviously the British Men of Letters problem [is gone but] there’s another task at hand. And he certainly has taken the lead and he has taken the lead with Jack. So maybe that was awakened in him at the end of season 12.

In this entire interview, except for vague references to Dean wanting to shoot things in the face, there is no story for him. I weep for my Dean and 'my' Supernatural, because I fear it is no more. Thank Chuck for DVDs. Maybe I'll just pretend Dean didn't miss with that scythe in 11x23 and the series ended there.

We knew from ep 22 that was the end of Dean's leadership role. 

That interview was Sam nurtures Jack, Sam is the leader, Sam's hell trauma will be explored again, Dean acquiesces to Sam.

Why is Dean even there?  (I don;'t mean this in a bitch/jerk way) its a question I legitametly have about Dean this season since it sounds like Sam is doing it all.

Since we know Jack will be around all season, if things go sideways, just like with the brits they won't do it Dean's way.

So Jensen but I have no faith the show will deal with the trauma Dean suffered from losing his whole family.  Sam's will take priority.

Sam's hell trauma isn't about Demon blood.  The question was will there be fall out from Mary being trapped with Lucifer and bringing up memories of Sam being trapped.  Jared's answer was yes.  We see that build.  No interested,  sorry boo hoo get over it. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 6
(edited)

S

2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Well, can it's just John and Cas in there I can't really see them rescuing Cas, but leaving John to rot. I'd say even if his initial interactions are only with Misha / Cas he'd eventually reunite with the brothers. 

Im kind of excited by the idea of John meeting Cas. I think it'd be quite interesting to see how they interact and Johns reaction to hearing of his bond with the brothers. Especially since he was always portrayed as being very black and white anti-monster. 

Not my point. I don't want it to be a thing where JDM comes back for one episode or one scene and he never sees Dean.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

S

Not my point. I don't want it to be a thing where JDM comes back for one episode or one scene and he never sees Dean.

I'm aware and that's why I said I don't think itd be one scene / one episode and that I think he'll ultimately reunite with them because they wouldn't just leave John to rot. 

AND 

Have some more interviews

Edited by Wayward Son
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Sam's hell trauma isn't about Demon blood.  The question was will there be fall out from Mary being trapped with Lucifer and bringing up memories of Sam being trapped.  Jared's answer was yes.  We see that build.  No interested,  sorry boo hoo get over it. 

There's a big difference between being trapped in a 10x10 (or whatever) cage with the devil, and just being in a whole new world (not alone) with him.  Lucifer has been in our world off and on for years now.  As long as you can run and fight, you're not trapped.  JMO.

• Love 2
Just now, ahrtee said:

There's a big difference between being trapped in a 10x10 (or whatever) cage with the devil, and just being in a whole new world (not alone) with him.  Lucifer has been in our world off and on for years now.  As long as you can run and fight, you're not trapped.  JMO.

Regardless if the circumstances are the same or not, they're going back to Sam's hell trauma while once again ignoring Dean's.  Its been going on for for four seasons now.  Let it rest.

• Love 3

I can't imagine them bringing back JDM and having him not interact with Sam and Dean.  I don't think they'd do that.  But I have no clue at this point who else Misha could be talking about.

This show is my one bit of escape from the crazy, fucked up world we live in right now, so it's especially depressing to me to not be able to look forward to it.  I guess I'll just focus on the scenes involving characters I like...Dean, Cas, Mary and Sam, if he's not going to become superman.

1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Regardless if the circumstances are the same or not, they're going back to Sam's hell trauma while once again ignoring Dean's.  Its been going on for for four seasons now.  Let it rest.

I assume you're addressing this to TPTB.  So was I.  We both agree that the idea is stupid as well as well past its prime and should be dropped.  Now if only TPTB actually read this stuff... :(

• Love 1
Just now, ahrtee said:

I assume you're addressing this to TPTB.  So was I.  We both agree that the idea is stupid as well as well past its prime and should be dropped.  Now if only TPTB actually read this stuff... :(

Yes, I was addressing it to the powers that be.  Sorry if you thought I was addressing it to you.

• Love 1
(edited)

Watching the Bob Singer interview and according to him episode 10 will be the back door Pilot. Well he says it's "very heavily skewed towards them" and episode 9 will also do a lot of setting up. 

ETA: Accordong to Bob the reason for this is that they are aware fans are watching for Sam and Dean, and they don't want to annoy them by completely writing them out. However, they also want an opportunity to test can the new cast actually carry a show. So they hope doing it over two episodes will keep everyone happy. 

Edited by Wayward Son
(edited)
12 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I can't imagine them bringing back JDM and having him not interact with Sam and Dean.  I don't think they'd do that.  But I have no clue at this point who else Misha could be talking about.

This show is my one bit of escape from the crazy, fucked up world we live in right now, so it's especially depressing to me to not be able to look forward to it.  I guess I'll just focus on the scenes involving characters I like...Dean, Cas, Mary and Sam, if he's not going to become superman.

And be thankful we live in the age of the DVR.

Honestly, I don't think JDM would agree to do the show if he wasn't allowed to interact with Jensen and Jared, and I think he has the clout to do (or, not do) that.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
Fat fingers. JDM not JDN.
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Watching the Bob Singer interview and according to him episode 10 will be the back door Pilot. Well he says it's "very heavily skewed towards them" and episode 9 will also do a lot of setting up. 

Episode 3 is the Misery one and also sets up the spin off.

We get to see the girls kick major ass.  This is why I have zero interest in the spin off.  I;m sure it will Dean they get to show up.

After a cliff hanger, and waiting 6 weeks for the brothers to come back, I doubt many want to see Claire and company.

.Last year was very big with the British Men of Letters and the whole organizational thing and all that. This year we made a conscious effort that we want to go a little smaller and more personal.

What is Dabb smoking...last season he said the exact same thing that it would be smaller and more personal.  How is Lucifer and his spawn and the brothers losing everyone small?

The only thing missing is, "we're getting back to basics"

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 2

It appeared to me that Jensen was bored as well although he tried to hide it.

YOU maybe bored but as someone who was in the room, it was very energized atmosphere. 

And would a bored person try on a ton of masks to see Kansas and then just sneak into the back to watch?

I understand many are unhappy or bored with the storyline but I see no rationale for foisting your malaise on cast and crew.  

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Completely wild spec... 

I haven't watched Clap Your Hands in years! Did we ever get a glimpse of the fairy realm?

No. We just know Dean (not Jensen) was there servicing Oberon...apparently

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
Just now, catrox14 said:

No. We just know Jensen was there servicing Oberon...apparently

Then, in that case, maybe Cas is living as the king of the fairies! I know, I know, this isn't possible, but wild spec is fun :D 

7 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Completely wild spec... 

I haven't watched Clap Your Hands in years! Did we ever get a glimpse of the fairy realm?

No...but as the leprechaun said:  (something to the effect of) the Judeo-Christian rules don't apply to them.  I can't imagine them having any interest in angels, Lucifer or even death (or any angels etc. being able/willing to send anyone there).  The actual quote was about getting Sam's soul back (yes, my librarian soul had to go look it up): 

WAYNE/ LEPRECHAUN:  Sam, I can get it back for you. For a price.

SAM: That’s adorable. It’s locked in a box with the devil.

WAYNE/LEPRECHAUN: Your devil. Not mine.

SAM: There’s no freaking way a leprechaun can do what angels cannot.

WAYNE/LEPRECHAUN: Angels. *laughs* Please. I’m talking about real magic, sonny. From my side of the fence. Got a way of getting in back doors.

OTOH, if they're really that powerful, they could probably open the rift themselves (if it amused them to do so...)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

RS: "Ok, uhm. She went through the rift, the hole, uhm, with Lucifer and the hole, rift, closed and Dean is pretty sure that's curtains for mum,

4 hours ago, rue721 said:

I wish the characters would act rationally. 

Actually, I think that is pretty rational if Dean thinks Mary's dead or soon dead.   Mary didn't just 'go through the rift with Lucifer' - he pulled her in after she beat him a few times.  The Devil is going to be pissed.  Dean's pretty smart to assume that Mary is dead meat, imo.  

2 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Well, playing devil's advocate here, maybe it's not that he misinterprets what happened to her, but figures: one, they have no way to open the rift to go see for themselves; and two, the Devil probably killed her, not the rift itself, and the longer she's over there the chances of her surviving diminish.

Ding! Ding! Ding!  Exactly.  

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

TAnd apologies to Sam fans (I'm admittedly kind of jealous at the moment) but this right here is enough to make me give up. Jared's words:

I haven't watched any of the interviews yet, but I really don't understand why people are getting so upset by Jared talking about what's in store for Sam.  That's what actors do: they talk about their own damn characters.  Especially at Comic Con.  That does not mean there is no story line for Dean.  

Actually, IMO - if Jared is bringing up Sam's demon blood addiction and talking about how absolute power corrupts absolutely in reference to Sam 'taking a leadership position', it does not bode well for Sam.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Actually, I think that is pretty rational if Dean thinks Mary's dead or soon dead.   Mary didn't just 'go through the rift with Lucifer' - he pulled her in after she beat him a few times.  The Devil is going to be pissed.  Dean's pretty smart to assume that Mary is dead meat, imo.  

Ding! Ding! Ding!  Exactly.  

I haven't watched any of the interviews yet, but I really don't understand why people are getting so upset by Jared talking about what's in store for Sam.  That's what actors do: they talk about their own damn characters.  Especially at Comic Con.  That does not mean there is no story line for Dean.  

Actually, IMO - if Jared is bringing up Sam's demon blood addiction and talking about how absolute power corrupts absolutely in reference to Sam 'taking a leadership position', it does not bode well for Sam.  

Actually, I quoted Jared about Sam because it reads to me that the storyline will revolve around Sam, much like the Winchester 'Generals' in  S12 were really just Sam.

I infered there is no storyline for Dean because there was no mention of a storyline for Dean, from anyone, beyond being at odds with and acquiescing to Sam's way to deal with Spawnifer.

• Love 3