Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, companionenvy said:

Given all of the potential logical issues that enter the picture

This is where my reservations about the idea come in as well.   Because Dabb mentioned taking their clothes to the dry cleaners with blood on them.  Why would Sam and Dean do that?  I figured there has to be a washer and dryer at the bunker and if they can't get something clean they burn it or throw it away. 

Hopefully they think of these things before going for cheap gags. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, companionenvy said:

The premise of episode 300 - getting a sense of how the people of Lebanon, Kansas view Sam and Dean -- has potential, but would need careful handling. Given all of the potential logical issues that enter the picture whenever you get into issues of what Muggles think or know about the Winchesters (who, let's remember, have been on the FBI most-wanted listed multiple times, and star, by their real names, in a book series that accurately chronicles years of their lives), sometimes I think it is better just to avoid interactions that will bring those questions into relief. But it could be fun if it turned out some of the local civilians were a little savvier about the Winchesters than they suspected - I'm thinking of the Buffy episode "The Prom," where her classmates, who we had previously assumed mostly thought of her as a juvenile delinquent, name Buffy the "Class Protector," having correctly linked her mysterious doings to a noticeable decline in suspicious deaths at their school. 

It would just be kind of great if Sam and Dean were freaked out about their secrecy being compromised, and someone was like "Yeah. You guys look like male models and drive a 67' Impala. We all know you're Sam and Dean Winchester. Also you've been buying groceries from me once a week for five years, and have paid me with 35 different fake credit cards." 

I thought exactly of that Buffy episode as well. I think it could really work. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This is where my reservations about the idea come in as well.   Because Dabb mentioned taking their clothes to the dry cleaners with blood on them.  Why would Sam and Dean do that?  I figured there has to be a washer and dryer at the bunker and if they can't get something clean they burn it or throw it away. 

Hopefully they think of these things before going for cheap gags. 

I guess I could see needing to take their suits to the dry cleaners, but certainly not jeans, t-shirts, and flannels. 

If they could manage something like The Prom episode of Buffy, that would be amazing. That scene makes me cry every time.

Giles: You did good work tonight, Buffy. 
Buffy: And I got a little toy surprise. 
Giles: I had no idea that children en masse could be gracious. 
Buffy: Every now and then, people surprise you.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've never watched Buffy so refences to The Prom  episode don't really register. 

It could be good if Dabb avoids cliches and stereotypes.   But Im not sure he can.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This confirms Michael is going to be told mainly in flashbacks.

Ugh. Of course, he is. Heaven forbid, the show try anything different than their normal paint by numbers scripts. There went the little bit of excitement I'd gathered over the summer. This SL will be short changed as much if not more than Purgatory because of the writers focusing on their little pets and the AU cast.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Res said:

Ugh. Of course, he is. Heaven forbid, the show try anything different than their normal paint by numbers scripts. There went the little bit of excitement I'd gathered over the summer. This SL will be short changed as much if not more than Purgatory because of the writers focusing on their little pets and the AU cast.

Moved to Bitterness.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2

As for other meta episodes, last season saw the show swing for the fences (and hit a homerun) in terms of crossovers with “Scoobynatural,” but this season won’t see anything quite like that. However, according to Dabb, “We have an episode that’s not a straight crossover, but it very much explores one of Dean’s … childhood passions,” and “brings in some pop culture things we haven’t seen before.”

I wonder what the childhood passion is

https://www.themarysue.com/supernatural-episode-300-season-14-interview-san-diego-comic-con/

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

This confirms Michael is going to be told mainly in flashbacks.

Do not think this is right.  Leming in table interview let slip that there will be mystery, tension, suspense for first 6 episodes-- imo think she went too far and unwittingly gives hint the suspense mystery of Michael/Dean will last 6 episodes and we will get Dean back in late episode 6 or 7.

Then we will get further Michael/Dean in flashbacks starting in episode 7.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Do not think this is right.  Leming in table interview let slip that there will be mystery, tension, suspense for first 6 episodes--think she went too far and unwittingly gives hint the suspense mystery of Michael/Dean will last 6 episodes and we will get Dean back in late episode 6 or 7.

Then we will get further Michael/Dean in flashbacks starting in episode 7.

That would be great news and a huge relief. Do you have the video?

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

That would be great news and a huge relief. Do you have the video?

I forget exactly where I saw it--google sdcc supernatural table interviews and you should be able to find it and all the rest of the videos from all those on the panel who table interviewed later.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1

I also think we will have Dean flashbacks while Michael is running around in a Dean suit.  As in a "Dean/Cas conversation" or a "Dean/Sam conversation" -- things that took place before the big "YES".  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jakes said:

I forget exactly where I saw it--google sdcc supernatural table interviews and you should be able to find it and all the rest of the videos from all those on the panel who table interviewed later.

Then Buck/lemming are in two different pages.  Because the two interviews I’ve seen with him said Dean would be back sooner rather than later.  The interview I saw with Jensen said flashbacks. 

• Love 2
Just now, ILoveReading said:

Then Buck/lemming are in two different pages.  Because the two interviews I’ve seen with him said Dean would be back sooner rather than later.  The interview I saw with Jensen said flashbacks. 

Which means as usual none of the writers, even those who are supposed to work together, aren't talking to each other and are definitely not on the same page. Yeah. 

I love how they repay loyal fans.

(edited)
41 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Again... if "Dean" is in a flashback pre "YES", they can have "Dean" be in a flashback scene in EP2 that Sam is remembering while Michael is still running around in a Dean suit.  The two (the Michael!Dean arc is long and we see Dean soon) can be the exact same thing, just phrased/teased differently.

With Jensen playing Michael!Dean, I think they HAVE to come up with some other methods to get more Jensen screen time (to frankly keep the Show the Show).  Michael!Dean is the BIG BAD.  For all the fuss about Lucifer in S13, if Jensen is ONLY playing Michael!Dean then his screentime is going to be limited like the bad guy's screen time is limited.  Now add in the massive power perspective.  There's no real 'threat' to Michael!Dean, it's the threat that HE weilds.  And if he routinely exercises his power, that draws Muggle attention.  The show likes to keep the action off the in-show news.  So, the mystery is going to be around 'what is this Big Bad' planning.  It's going to be tough to keep that a mystery while having the Big Bad on screen all the time.  In short, the good-guys (Sam & company) are naturally going to dominate the screen-time if the story is more than 1 or 2 episodes.  Which I expect it is.  I expect anywhere from 6 to mid-season finale duration.

Flashbacks to 'pre-YES' Dean helps.  Dean vs Michael head talks would help but I imagine Michael has Dean locked down to maintain control.  Conversely, revisiting Dean's experience will allow us to see what Michael!Dean did will also extend the "Michael!Dean story line". But that's mostly good for character study for Dean, less go-forward plot value.  

Bottom line: I think they will use as many tricks as they can to give Jensen sufficient storytime to satisfy the fans but the role of "fully-powered Big Bad" is a natural screen time limitor unless it's a 1-3 episode activity. He's just too powerful and NOT the protagonist.  As I think they are trying for longer, I think we should expect a mixture of straight story and flashbacks to keep Jensen on camera.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, SueB said:

Again... if "Dean" is in a flashback pre "YES", they can have "Dean" be in a flashback scene in EP2 that Sam is remembering while Michael is still running around in a Dean suit.  The two (the Michael!Dean arc is long and we see Dean soon) can be the exact same thing, just phrased/teased differently.

With Jensen playing Michael!Dean, I think they HAVE to come up with some other methods to get more Jensen screen time (to frankly keep the Show the Show).  Michael!Dean is the BIG BAD.  For all the fuss about Lucifer in S13, if Jensen is ONLY playing Michael!Dean then his screentime is going to be limited like the bad guy's screen time is limited.  Now add in the massive power perspective.  There's no real 'threat' to Michael!Dean, it's the threat that HE weilds.  And if he routinely exercises his power, that draws Muggle attention.  The show likes to keep the action off the in-show news.  So, the mystery is going to be around 'what is this Big Bad' planning.  It's going to be tough to keep that a mystery while having the Big Bad on screen all the time.  In short, the good-guys (Sam & company) are naturally going to dominate the screen-time if the story is more than 1 or 2 episodes.  Which I expect it is.  I expect anywhere from 6 to mid-season finale duration.

Flashbacks to 'pre-YES' Dean helps.  Dean vs Michael head talks would help but I imagine Michael has Dean locked down to maintain control.  Conversely, revisiting Dean's experience will allow us to see what Michael!Dean did will also extend the "Michael!Dean story line". But that's mostly good for character study for Dean, less go-forward plot value.  

Bottom line: I think they will use as many tricks as they can to give Jensen sufficient storytime to satisfy the fans but the role of "fully-powered Big Bad" is a natural screen time limitor unless it's a 1-3 episode activity. He's just too powerful and NOT the protagonist.  As I think they are trying for longer, I think we should expect a mixture of straight story and flashbacks to keep Jensen on camera.  

I can’t see it being Dean flashbacks due to the fact that Sam had a beard.   He didn’t have a beard pre-yes. 

Due to this fact they can’t have Sam at the start of an episode say remember when.... and go to a MOTW case because after the flashback is done he’d need to have a beard again.   Logistically, that doesn’t work. 

I don’t think Michael wielding his power is going to be a problem. Jensen said in an interview that the scene shown was only half of the one filmed and that there was a fight scene. Jensen called Dabb and Michael wouldn’t get his hands dirty. So it sounds like Jensen had to remind Dabb, Michael had powers. 

Dabb also said that Michael didn’t have Dean locked down. That he was awake and aware of what Michael was doing with his meatsuit.

It sounded like the flashbacks would be the things Dean witnessed Michael doing. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I can’t see it being Dean flashbacks due to the fact that Sam had a beard.   He didn’t have a beard pre-yes. 

Due to this fact they can’t have Sam at the start of an episode say remember when.... and go to a MOTW case because after the flashback is done he’d need to have a beard again.   Logistically, that doesn’t work. 

I don’t think Michael wielding his power is going to be a problem. Jensen said in an interview that the scene shown was only half of the one filmed and that there was a fight scene. Jensen called Dabb and Michael wouldn’t get his hands dirty. So it sounds like Jensen had to remind Dabb, Michael had powers. 

Dabb also said that Michael didn’t have Dean locked down. That he was awake and aware of what Michael was doing with his meatsuit.

It sounded like the flashbacks would be the things Dean witnessed Michael doing. 

You are right about bearded Sam — that’s going to prevent flashbacks with him.  But not necessarily Cas or Jack.  Also yes, you are correct about Dean being aware.  I should have said Dean was on lockdown in the sense that there’re is no external sign of him.  

But you’re mistaken about the fight scene.  Jensen was talking about the stunt work with Rob Hayter (stunt coordinator). So Jensen neither called Dabb nor  (corrected: he Jensen ran the 'hands clean idea by Dabb per clip below) but he didn't have to remind Dabb he had powers.  I’ve heard multiple times the fight scenes are scripted ‘they fight’ and it’s up to the director, stunt coordinator, and Cast to choreograph the fight.  Rob Hayter asked Jensen about how they should fight and it was Jensen’s idea that Michael wouldn’t get his hands dirty.  

Add that to Jensen calling to ask Dabb about ‘acting tips for Michael!Dean’ (EW interview) and being told It was up to him, I’d say they were confident in Jensen’s ability for both acting and working out the fight scene. The fact that he actually received ‘notes’ on acting (after the fact) means they were also paying attention.  

So, the spoiler scene (to my best recollection):

- The clip continues after the freeze Fran with “NOW”

(It’s clear this is the opening scene of S14 EP1)

- Alarm goes off and a mid 50’s guy rolls over drags himself out of a narrow bed.  He washes his face, spreads out his rug, kneels, and starts his morning prayers in Arabic

- We hear Michael!Dean speaking Arabic and he’s quoting the Quran. 

- Freaked out dude tries to figure out who he is and Michael!Dean speaks some more Arabic with a quote about the Angels Gabriel and Michael.

- The guy guesses ‘Gabriel’ and Michael!Dean says, ‘No, the other one.’ 

- Freaked guy says “Michael?” And then asks why he’s there. 

- Michael!Dean goes on to explain he’s been searching the world talking to Holy Men from all faiths and he has the same question for each ‘What do you want?’  And so he asks the guy what he wants.

- With only a slight hesitation, the guy answers ‘peace, and love’.  

-Michael!Dean says that he’s lying.  Because was it ‘peace’ when he left Syria and let his friends die.  Was it ‘love’ when he has sex with Kimberly(?).  He’s basically reading off the guy’s sins.  You sense he’s looked into this guy’s heart and got everything he needed. 

- He then accuses the guy of lying. And that they are ALL lying because they all say peace and love but they really want something more selfish. The guy is Very afraid at this point (as he should be, Michael!Dean exudes power and judgement — and this dude has been found lacking)

- And as Michael!Dean stand up and says the guy’s name and sums up the dude’s sorry life, you know it’s not going to end well 

scene ends

The best description of how DIFFERENT Michael!Dean is from Dean is in Fangasm’s interview with him.  Lynn does a great job of explaining how it’s different and Jensen describes his process.  

Side note: while getting his auto (and before seeing any round table interviews), I made a comment to him that he needn’t worry about how well he’s doing a different character because it was so very well done, so different, so ‘Michael’.  I blathered some more. And the whole time he gave me the same ‘absorbing my words’ look he gave Lynn (ETA: 3:26 in clip below).  Man, that was INTENSE.  I’ve had opportunities for autos and Meet & Greets but standing face to face?  And he’s honestly engaged in the conversation? (He said ‘Thank you...no really... thank you.) Kind of mind blowing. It’s not that he’s not always present in conversations at cons, he is, but this was ... ‘listening to every word present.’.

So, while Inwas originally ambivalent about Michael!Dean, I certainly am thrilled with  what I’ve seen and how much it appears to mean to Jensen.  

Edited by SueB
corrections based on ILoveReading providing clip below
  • Love 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, SueB said:

You are right about bearded Sam — that’s going to prevent flashbacks with him.  But not necessarily Cas or Jack

This doesn't solve the problem with the brothers being separated.  Which is why I don't' seeing it being flashbacks to Dean with Michael in present time. 

29 minutes ago, SueB said:

But you’re mistaken about the fight scene.  Jensen was talking about the stunt work with Rob Hayter (stunt coordinator). So Jensen neither called Dabb nor did he have to remind him he had powers.  I’ve heard multiple times the fight scenes are scripted ‘they fight’ and it’s up to the director, stunt coordinator, and Cast to choreograph the fight.  Rob Hayter asked Jensen about how they should fight and it was Jensen’s idea that Michael wouldn’t get his hands dirty.  

He says in this interview he called Dabb.  Around 2:40.   That he called Dabb and said that Michael wouldnt' get his hands dirty.  Dabb and Hayter both liked the idea.   Dabb wrote the script with a physical fight which means it didn't occur to him have Michael use his powers which is why i felt like Jensen reminded him. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This doesn't solve the problem with the brothers being separated.  Which is why I don't' seeing it being flashbacks to Dean with Michael in present time. 

He says in this interview he called Dabb.  Around 2:40.   That he called Dabb and said that Michael wouldnt' get his hands dirty.  Dabb and Hayter both liked the idea.   Dabb wrote the script with a physical fight which means it didn't occur to him have Michael use his powers which is why i felt like Jensen reminded him. 

Thanks for the clip .. and yes, you're right .. the question started about Hayter but it was Dabb he called and then told Hayter how it would go.  But again, I think it's a bridge too far to say that Jensen had to REMIND Dabb Michael has powers.  And I think it's great that Jensen collaborates with Dabb.  Again, evidence that there is no need for Executive Producer credit as they have all the influence they want.  

• Love 1
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

So why did he write a physical fight scene then?

We don't know WHAT the script said.  As BOTH boys, Robbie Thompson, Robert Berens and multiple directors have said, fight scenes are usually a single line of stage direction: "They fight".  And 8 hours later they have a scene done. What makes you think Dabb would specifify a physical fight on Michael's behalf?  And it didn't sound like Jensen was calling to correct Dabb but instead letting him know what his take on the scene was going to be. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, SueB said:

But again, I think it's a bridge too far to say that Jensen had to REMIND Dabb Michael has powers.

Dabb is trying to establish Michael as a terrifying all knowing, all powerful being and especially with Michael having his prime vessel.  It seems counter productive to write a physical fight.  The guy shouldn't even be able to get near Michael if the show was matching the tell.

Dabb's script was completely lacking in this, going by what Jensen said.

What makes you think Dabb would specifify a physical fight on Michael's behalf? 

Because if it was powers, wouldn't' the stage directions say, Michael does XYZ.  If it said "They fight" that usually means physical.  Or if it was vague Jensen shouldnt' have had to call Dabb and say, "Can Michael use his powers here instead."

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Dabb is trying to establish Michael as a terrifying all knowing, all powerful being and especially with Michael having his prime vessel.  It seems counter productive to write a physical fight.  The guy shouldn't even be able to get near Michael if the show was matching the tell.

Dabb's script was completely lacking in this, going by what Jensen said.

Because if it was powers, wouldn't' the stage directions say, Michael does XYZ.  If it said "They fight" that usually means physical.

Well Michael could have just has easily tossed him around a bit (physically) before killing him.  Lucifer seemed to enjoy getting his hands wet in their blood (gross).  So even if Dabb had a physical fight in mind, that doesn't mean he forgot about Michael having power.  Jensen rightly (IMO) thinks the 'clean hands' approach is a good idea.  I think Dabb wrote "they fight" without specificity. Regardless, the "Jensen had to remind Dabb that Michael has powers seems an overstretch" IMO.  I see zip basis for that remark. 

ETA:  What did you think of the scene? As described.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, SueB said:

ETA:  What did you think of the scene? As described.

I don't know if you're asking @ILoveReading or the board in general - but from your description and the reaction online of the media people, I'm stoked for it!

As to the question of the fight/script/Jensen's take and Dabb's intention, just going by the videos I still fall on the side of Dabb not defaulting to Michael using his powers.

• Love 1

You are right about bearded Sam — that’s going to prevent flashbacks with him. 

Maybe just for the first episode or two, until Jody comes and scolds him for not taking care of himself and hands him a razor.

I wonder, what happens if you dreamwalk a person who is possessed?  Do you interact with the mind or the meatsuit?  That might be another way it could go.

• Love 2

I will admit I am very much looking forward to seeing the scene they showed.  Jensen's description plus I was listening to the audio of it, left me in awe.  I stalked Tumblr for a day and half hoping against hope that someone would post it, even a poor quality one.  Alas, security seems to be too tight this year. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I saw  Buckner's interview and wrote down some notes--didn't see him saying Dean will be Michael only a short time(will see if I could look at it again)...and if it's 6 episodes then flashbacks one can call that relatively short from one perspective but imo that is substantial if flashbacks are later included.   And we got interviews that talk about later Dean trauma which screams later flashbacks not right away.   And we were told we get a long search for Dean from Sam and gang--don't think they will do that in flashbacks.   My best guess right now is still 6 Michael/Dean present day episodes--which will also include Michael finding his new army.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Well, before you neener-neener the concerned Dean/Jensen fans too much, maybe wait and see. Jensen was cagey in saying Michael would be around for a while - not specifically that he would be Mean. And yeah, an awful lot has to happen before I praise your boy Dabb for anything. For example, not completely neutering Dean as a character (or rather, completing his neutering of Dean as a character) in the meantime. Be careful what you wish for has never seemed so relevant to me before.

From the various comments (Jensen et al) and clips this weekend, I'm getting the feeling that Dean is going keep Michael by choice - maybe come to some kind of understanding of just what the archangel will do to clean up this world.

Dean's my favorite but I don't think he's been neutered--so we just disagree.   About Dabb, he's not my boy but I do think he and all our showrunners tend to get overblown criticism--just my take.  With regards to Dean, looks like he will get some trauma from the evil Michael does in his body and I don't think he'll stay in Michael out of choice imo.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Jakes said:

and if it's 6 episodes

I just dont' see Dabb seperating the brothers for 6 episodes.  I figure Dean will be back either in episode 2 or 3, and we'll get flashbacks for the next 3 episodes. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I just dont' see Dabb seperating the brothers for 6 episodes.  I figure Dean will be back either in episode 2 or 3, and we'll get flashbacks for the next 3 episodes. 

I found what Buckner said in the interview--he said we won't go too far into the season without Dean as Dean.  To me that still fits with what Leming said--at hinting about 6 episodes for Michael/Dean.  To me that's not too far into the season.  And remember Jensen did say this will be longer than some think.  So i'll still guess 6 episodes and then flashbacks.  So it will take a while until we all know for sure.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

Where did you find the audio, ILOVEREADING?

53 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It was live during the panel.  Sadly I don't think its available any longer

Somebody posted this link with audio (the scene is starting at 18m30s) on reddit

Edited by starfishka
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, starfishka said:

Somebody posted this link with audio (the scene is starting at 18m30s) on reddit

That...was So. Friggin. Awesome.

Thank you so much, STARfISHKA and ILOVEREADING.

I needed that.

10 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

THANK YOU! That Arabic, though! And his voice is markedly different. I'm so proud of our boy!

This!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I will admit I am very much looking forward to seeing the scene they showed.  Jensen's description plus I was listening to the audio of it, left me in awe.  I stalked Tumblr for a day and half hoping against hope that someone would post it, even a poor quality one.  Alas, security seems to be too tight this year. 

About 1 security dude/dudette every 10 ft.  It was very tight.  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

THANK YOU! That Arabic, though! And his voice is markedly different. I'm so proud of our boy!

WOWWWWWW. That was so fucking good.  He was wonderful.  He has always had so much voice control as an actor.  That was fantastic.  I can't wait to see the visual. 

Dammit, Jensen, you just pull me right back in when I'm ready to bail. LOL

29 minutes ago, starfishka said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Love 6

That was awesome. I hope they show the whole scene without chopping it up as has been their wont of late.

9 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Now I want a Dean vs Michael scene (Jensen vs Jensen) where Michael asked Dean what he really wants. 

Just imagine how awesome he'd be. 

He would tear that up! We've already seen how good he is at it in the past when he was two versions of Dean. He'd be even more awesome as two different people.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Now I want a Dean vs Michael scene (Jensen vs Jensen) where Michael asked Dean what he really wants. 

Just imagine how awesome he'd be. 

That dialogue gave me (likely unwarranted)hope that we do get that.

• Love 3
(edited)

Just from that clip and despite Christian Keyes and Jensen obviously having distinctly different voices, I do find some consistency in the speech patterns of Michael. It`s a splendid job Jensen did. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Just from that clip and despite Christian Keyes and Jensen obviously having distinctly different voices, I do find some consistency in the speech patterns of Michael. It`s a splendid job Jensen did. 

Jensen said that he talked to Christian Keyes about keeping continuity between their version of Michael.   Christian told him to flip the coat.  I wonder if Jensen did that?

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Agreed. And I went back and watched Matt Cohen's performance as OG Michael and I think there is something there as well. Maybe Christian watched Matt's Michael?

• Love 3

Even if the entire Michael!Dean arc is a shit show of wasted potential, I'm so glad that we at least have this scene. I guess the writers finally remembered that angels are supposed to be alien and terrifying. Having Michael speak Arabic was a great idea; it implied the archangel's unfathomable depths of knowledge and power. Reminds me of season 4, if you can believe it! They should have let Jensen play a powerful primordial being like Michael AGEEESSS ago. Finally, an angel is intimidating and mysterious again!

• Love 4