Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Maybe we'll start getting some little tidbits before Comic Con...that would be nice.

Well, it wasn't received well around here, but I don't think that's true to the fandom as a whole. It seems to me quite a few people received S12 quite favorably.

I don't think ratings were plummeting.  Ratings were low across the entire network, Supernatural's ratings actually held better than most. And, I don't think criticism is mounting at all. Seems to be on par with every season since S5, IMO. 

Anyway, I'm pretty confident they have Jared and Jensen on contract through S14 already, so it seems to be a pretty much guarantee that we'll see a S14. Whether it's shortened or not, remains to be seen, but I think they'll make it to 300 episodes easy.

Yes you are right--the ratings are definitely not plummeting--compared to its network SPN is strong and stable.   About how season 12 was received?  Depends where you look--if you look in certain online echo chambers, then horrible.   But others like it without being golly gee squee about it.  And the stable ratings again when realistically compared to the CW indicate a lot still watch and enjoy the show.  A .06 rating is good for the CW--at the end of the year only SPN and a few others reached that. 

But the boys I am almost certain are signed for 13 only--remember that when they signed.  But they won't stop before 300 anyway but after that they very well might.  Also about what others saying--NOT worried the boys are going to be ignored or put to the side in season 13...it wasn't that way in season 12 and won't be in 13.  They as usual will be in every episode and take up the most minutes.  Yes there will be others doing things from time to time BUT the boys as usual will take up most of the heroics and focus...as always.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, Jakes said:

Yes you are right--the ratings are definitely not plummeting--compared to its network SPN is strong and stable.   About how season 12 was received?  Depends where you look--if you look in certain online echo chambers, then horrible.   But others like it without being golly gee squee about it.  And the stable ratings again when realistically compared to the CW indicate a lot still watch and enjoy the show.  A .06 rating is good for the CW--at the end of the year only SPN and a few others reached that. 

But the boys I am almost certain are signed for 13 only--remember that when they signed.  But they won't stop before 300 anyway but after that they very well might.  Also about what others saying--NOT worried the boys are going to be ignored or put to the side in season 13...it wasn't that way in season 12 and won't be in 13.  They as usual will be in every episode and take up the most minutes.  Yes there will be others doing things from time to time BUT the boys as usual will take up most of the heroics and focus...as always.

I'm not sure where you'd get any data for how the season was perceived besides online. Am I missing something? If not, then I'd say the echo chamber effect is at least as applicable to the 'positive' as it is to the negative. Maybe more, since the positive people are more likely to tag the show people (look at me, I love you!!!!) and be acknowledged/retweeted etc., than the negative, who don't always want to own their opinions to the 'face' of the showrunners/writers/actors. I've certainly seen a fair amount of eye-rolling and criticism from tv bloggers and reviewers. Clarissa from the TVAddict comes to mind.

And I don't think that a negative opinion from the fans about S12 really has anything to do with ratings, not yet anyway. As far as I can tell, the people who are vocally criticizing it (I include myself in this number) are still watching it (even those who airily claim they don't, wink wink). At this point, I think the show has the audience it has, and I don't expect the number to go up or down dramatically before the end. Not unless it really does take the focus off the brothers; then, all bets are off.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
grammar
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm not sure where you'd get any data for how the season was perceived besides online. Am I missing something? If not, then I'd say the echo chamber effect is at least as applicable to the 'positive' as it is to the negative. Maybe more, since the positive people are more likely to tag the show people (look at me, I love you!!!!) and be acknowledged/retweeted etc., than the negative, who don't always want to own their opinions to the 'face' of the showrunners/writers/actors. I've certainly seen a fair amount of eye-rolling and criticism from tv bloggers and reviewers. Clarissa from the TVAddict comes to mind.

In my experience, the vast majority of unhappy are vocal and the majority of the happy are silent. This is from my experience of working at a small town newspaper in a very divided community. The unhappy people write letters to the editor to tell us and everyone else how we did it all wrong; while the happy people will drop an anonymous note or stop by the office to a say thank you for a job well done. It provides an optical illusion to the public that everyone thinks we're doing it all wrong when in reality we get pretty even negative and positive feedback. 

Anyway, from what I can see S12 has been received no differently since any other season since I started watching the show live at the end of S6. That is to say, there's some who enjoyed it and some who didn't. To say that it wasn't received well at all sounds like hyperbole to me.

48 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I thought it looked like a troll.  Or a leprechaun.  But I suppose it could represent the Spawn as @DittyDotDot speculated.  (Although, it'd be more fun it it were a troll or leprechaun, imo)

I'm guessing it's not official artwork here, so that's why I went with the Spawn...but now I want trolls on this show!! ;)

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And I don't think that a negative opinion from the fans about S12 really has anything to do with ratings, not yet anyway. As far as I can tell, the people who are vocally criticizing it (I include myself in this number) are still watching it (even those who airily claim they don't, wink wink). At this point, I think the show has the audience it has, and I don't expect the number to go up or down dramatically before the end. Not unless it really does take the focus off the brothers; then, all bets are off.

Most fans are not online so that is not representative--ratings staying strong means people staying because they like the show even if you have a few hate watching it imo.  If you only listen to certain quarters in the online echo chamber then you think everyone dislikes the show now.  Ratings show a larger sample beyond anyone group or person talking point--yes some are disappointed with the show...you are not going to please everybody.  But the show has lasted because of a like for it above all--otherwise it would be gone...very few shows come close to 12 years.  I'm not saying some didn't like season 12, I'm saying they don't speak for the large majority of fans--no one does but rating are a bottom line indicator.  And I've heard crapping for years on the show and the ratings for years has defied the online crapping in some quarters and stayed strong .

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't disagree that it's generally the unhappy people who comment (which is why by and large, I don't assign a lot of weight to Yelp and TripAdvisor). But looking at the people who actually are talking about the show, here and elsewhere, I still see a lot of unhappy/dissatisfied people. I have read poor reviews (professional - if that's what you consider the online reviewers/bloggers), and I haven't read any glowing ones. I haven't seen much, if any, outpouring of praise from anyone for Dabb as a showrunner, and very little for any of the new writers (I'm talking about from the cast) where I have in the past. And most of all I haven't seen much enthusiasm at all from Jensen and Jared regarding the season. Granted, they rarely get actual show related questions any more, so there's that.

ETA: I'd still argue that ratings are a bottom line indicator of satisfaction with the show. I think it would take more than one season of crap writing and show direction for it to affect Neilsen ratings, just as I don't believe weekly ratings are as much an indicator of that episode as much as they are the ones leading up to it. Especially on a show like SPN which has almost no promotion.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
(edited)

IMO Twitter is the least echo chamber site in SM. If one chooses to never click on a trending hashtag then one might think it is an echo chamber because it's curated to the followers you want. That said, the hashtags are where you'll see the diverse opinions which aside from the obvious bot tweets spamming one particular viewpoint.

As far as SPN fandom, I have seen every likely iteration of opinion about the show from 'YAY, it's perfect as is. Don't change anything" to "fuck this show, I'm out. It sucks. All of it sucks" and everything in between including YAY Sam and Dean, screw Sam and Dean,YAY Cas, screw  Cas, yay TFW, screw TFW, yay bros only, screw bros only. Screw J2M yay Mark, etc etc etc. 

Literally, without exaggeration, the only 100% positive from all sides of fandom are Tweets about the Impala and the Green Cooler. LOL I'm not trying to be funny. It's true!

I bring up Twitter because the CW does factor in Twitter ratings as well as live, live + same day, live+3 and live +7 DVR views. So IMO it's all factored.

There must be a reason why the CW made an exclusive deal with Netflix to air the full seasons 8 days after the season finales. They must be willing to take a hit on the ratings because they must know that a lot of fans will wait another week to watch the entire season or the episodes they have skipped or fell behind. That tells me that the CW shows must get good viewing numbers on Netflix to risk losing Hulu views. 

My point is that ratings will matter come ad sell time but ratings are apparently no longer the only thing that impacts why SPN is still producing new episodes.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I also think (including on this site) that those who didn't like this season are louder and post more.  I happened to really enjoy this season, but don't post that often.  My take on the picture is that it represents the spawn, but who knows. I am excited for the start of the season and Comic Con to find out more about what they are going to do with this next season.

• Love 7

The picture just looks like a cartoon version of a vampire to me, so I don't know that it's supposed to represent anything specific other than "that monster show is coming back!".  I like the troll idea and the leprechaun idea, so any of it works for me.  The more monsters the merrier!

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Literally, without exaggeration, the only 100% positive from all sides of fandom are Tweets about the Impala and the Green Cooler. LOL I'm not trying to be funny. It's true!

I believe you! This fandom is crazy...and varied. ;)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Diane said:

I also think (including on this site) that those who didn't like this season are louder and post more.  I happened to really enjoy this season, but don't post that often.  My take on the picture is that it represents the spawn, but who knows. I am excited for the start of the season and Comic Con to find out more about what they are going to do with this next season.

I used to work in a Customer Service job a few years back.  We were told (with research to back it up, though I can't quote the source now) that every unhappy customer will on average complain to/warn away ten other people.  Every happy customer might tell one other person.  

I enjoyed S12 also.  I think it will hold up well on rewatch in the future and am excited about S13.  I think one of the biggest reasons people haven't seemed to 'hear' as much from Jared and Jensen this summer is because both of their families just got bigger.  The twins, especially, have to be taking up a lot of Jensen's time.  And isn't he busy getting a new business off the ground?  That in no way means that they are not as excited about the upcoming season or new writers as they have been in the past.  It just means they have a lot of irons in the fire and different priorities right now.  

Back to spoilers:

2 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

.but now I want trolls on this show!! ;)

I know, right?  Trolls!  We need trolls!  And they could live under an old creepy bridge - cause that's where trolls live.  (There used to be a perfect one near where I live, but sadly, they tore it down.)  And salt could still work on them, but it would melt them slowly, like slugs.  

1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

I like the troll idea and the leprechaun idea, so any of it works for me.  The more monsters the merrier!

They've had leprechauns on the show, right?  Aren't those the ones that have to count the grains of salt/sugar?  But I agree - we do need more monsters!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

They've had leprechauns on the show, right?  Aren't those the ones that have to count the grains of salt/sugar?  But I agree - we do need more monsters!

Yes, they were.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

The more monsters the merrier!

::snort:: there is no other show I could say this and people wouldn't look at me weird...MORE MONSTERS PLEASE!!!

Well, I'm sure you're still looking at me weird, but you know what I mean. ;)

6 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I know, right?  Trolls!  We need trolls!  And they could live under an old creepy bridge - cause that's where trolls live.  (There used to be a perfect one near where I live, but sadly, they tore it down.)  And salt could still work on them, but it would melt them slowly, like slugs.  

I'd love to see what they'd do with trolls. They could be giants of sorts, or... . There's so much possibilities.

• Love 4
On 6/20/2017 at 4:02 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

On the other hand, maybe SPN will actually have time/inclination to write for Dean again. Yeah, probably not. I have a feeling S13 is going to be the Mark Pellegrino show.

Bite your tongue!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I used to work in a Customer Service job a few years back.  We were told (with research to back it up, though I can't quote the source now) that every unhappy customer will on average complain to/warn away ten other people.  Every happy customer might tell one other person.  

I enjoyed S12 also.  I think it will hold up well on rewatch in the future and am excited about S13.  I think one of the biggest reasons people haven't seemed to 'hear' as much from Jared and Jensen this summer is because both of their families just got bigger.  The twins, especially, have to be taking up a lot of Jensen's time.  And isn't he busy getting a new business off the ground?  That in no way means that they are not as excited about the upcoming season or new writers as they have been in the past.  It just means they have a lot of irons in the fire and different priorities right now.  

Back to spoilers:

Ive heard similar stats about positive vs negative:

Source

Here’s why customer service, good and bad, matters when it comes to word-of-mouth marketing*:

A dissatisfied customer will tell between 9-15 people about their experience.

Around 13% of dissatisfied customers tell more than 20 people.

Negative interactions with a business are spread to twice as many people as positive ones.

People are twice as likely to talk about bad customer service experiences than they are to talk about good experiences.

67% of people spend money after getting recommendations from their friends on online communities like Facebook and Twitter.

Happy customers who get their issue resolved tell about 4-6 people about their experience.

Also, it appears negative perspectives last longer than positive. This makes sense to me.  

I'm personally really positive about the potential for this spin-off.  But like Bloodlines, ratings (versus on-llline gushfests or pissed off SM rants) will dictate whether it moves forward.  I like it's chances.

• Love 3
On 6/22/2017 at 7:38 PM, granderobino said:

Love this whole idea. Besides the gals which have already been mentioned, I would like to see Chrissy (plucky daughter of dead hunter) can't remember how we left her, I think she was hunting with some other hunter-orphans or something...

And what would you all think of having them interact with Meg (Rachel Miner, please) similar to the way the boys grudgingly worked with Crowley. Again, can't remember what became of her character. Did Crowley kill her, or is she still hiding from him? With his character out of play, perhaps she could return?

At any rate,  I am prepared to watch the F#@! out of this

Though I am putting in my request here that the females not be reduced to fighting among each for the romantic attentions of the menfolk. Yuck

I'm excited for it too. Maybe the twins? Except one is a zombie now or something. 

It reminds me of Buffy/Angel- built in fanbase and using already beloved characters. For me, Bloodlines didn't work because who the fuck were those characters? No relationship with them prior to the episode made it unlikely to succeed. 

• Love 5
On 6/22/2017 at 8:21 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Sort of OT but if you like Rachel Miner I videoed her complete panel in Vegas this year and she is amazing. Search my name on YouTube and VegasCon 2017. So inspiring. 

I'm (obviously) catching up but she said somewhere - maybe at this panel? - that she was moved by the fan movement to have Meg back in a wheelchair if necessary. SPN family at its best. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I don't deny that their lives are certainly busier, but I wasn't really going by what we haven't heard during the hiatus.  I'm referring more to what we have heard from them at recent cons.  This is the first time we're hearing them talk about an ending, and not in just vague terms of someday.  I personally feel that if the writing were of the quality it used to be, it would be more difficult for them to walk away.  That's just my opinion, of course, and I accept the fact that they may just simply be tired and want more times with their families.  I just think the lackluster writing makes that choice a bit easier for them.

I would be much more excited about the upcoming season if Lucifer weren't potentially going to play a big part again this season.  Yes, it's possible he's trapped in the AU and never to be heard from again, but I find that possibility highly unlikely.  It's more probable that he'll be used to fill the void left by Mark Sheppard and Crowley.  And then there's Jack...another storyline I'm just not interested in.  I plan to keep my focus on whatever else they plan for the season, and try to ignore the rest of it.

I have no real opinion one way or the other about Wayward Sisters.  I like the cast members and certainly wish them well, but I don't know that I'll watch more than a few episodes.  Sam and Dean are what sucked me in to this show and it's fandom, so once they're no longer part of the landscape, that might be it for me.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

The picture just looks like a cartoon version of a vampire to me, so I don't know that it's supposed to represent anything specific other than "that monster show is coming back!".  I like the troll idea and the leprechaun idea, so any of it works for me.  The more monsters the merrier!

When I looked more closely, I thought it looked like a cross between a creepy  Gremlin  and Nosferatu. LOL my brain is weird sometimes.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

I don't deny that their lives are certainly busier, but I wasn't really going by what we haven't heard during the hiatus.  I'm referring more to what we have heard from them at recent cons.  This is the first time we're hearing them talk about an ending, and not in just vague terms of someday.  I personally feel that if the writing were of the quality it used to be, it would be more difficult for them to walk away.  That's just my opinion, of course, and I accept the fact that they may just simply be tired and want more times with their families.  I just think the lackluster writing makes that choice a bit easier for them.

I would be much more excited about the upcoming season if Lucifer weren't potentially going to play a big part again this season.  Yes, it's possible he's trapped in the AU and never to be heard from again, but I find that possibility highly unlikely.  It's more probable that he'll be used to fill the void left by Mark Sheppard and Crowley.  And then there's Jack...another storyline I'm just not interested in.  I plan to keep my focus on whatever else they plan for the season, and try to ignore the rest of it.

I have no real opinion one way or the other about Wayward Sisters.  I like the cast members and certainly wish them well, but I don't know that I'll watch more than a few episodes.  Sam and Dean are what sucked me in to this show and it's fandom, so once they're no longer part of the landscape, that might be it for me.

It's not just the 'end' talk, it's the lack of any enthusiastic/excited talk about episodes. I think Jensen commented once on Regarding Dean, and Jared --I can't even remember what it was he was excited by. I also think it's got to mean something that I haven't seen or heard a positive word from either of them about Andrew Dabb or the new writers this season. Sure, they are busy, but for me, the silence is very loud.

• Love 1
On 6/25/2017 at 9:01 AM, DittyDotDot said:

No, I mean cumulative online viewing over time. It's not something that can really be done, but I just think people don't watch TV like they used to and I'd be interested to see what are the most watched episodes on Netflix and such. I think the numbers would surprise us all, TBH.

I  think I see what you mean.  I think that sites like Netflix have changed the way people watch television.  From what understand ratings are way down for all network shows. Even cable.  It may mark the beginning of the  end of scripted shows on the major networks.  Which is why Jared had talked about doing a shortened season on Netflix like they did with GG.  It doesn't look like the CW and WB went for it though.  Here are the top Netflx shows from 2017...

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-popular-netflix-shows-2017-4/#13-grace-and-frankie-1

(edited)

Per TVline and Hollywood reporter Warner Bros. TV has announced it's SDCC line-up...Supernatural in it usual Sunday slot in the huge Hall H at 10:30 am July 23.  Most of their shows have a cast list attending but SPN along with Super Girl have cast attendees to be announced later.  Damn I was waiting for that!

So who besides the J's and Dabb do you think will be on the panel?  Will Misha be there since Jared and Misha spilled the beans OR will they still hide things officially and be cute about it?  How about Pellegrino, Kim, Briana, Singer or even Berens?

What is your prediction?  I'll guess the J's, Dabb, I suppose they'll be honest and bring Misha,  also Pellegrino and Berens.  Probably Rob and Rich will moderate but no Hamster without Crowley there!

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

So this is the title card on IMDB for E1 S13...Note the cast.  If true this seems to be a major spoiler.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6403432/?ref_=ttep_ep_cur

It took me a minute to figure out what you meant. IMDb is editable by anyone, so I wonder if this isn't someone's idea of a joke, but omg.

wtf.PNG

2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I would say Dabb, Jensen, Jared, Misha and Mark P (unfortunately). 

I fully expect Kim R to be there. No way TPTB miss out on the current wave of Woman Power in Hollywood. It's also why I believe they will give the spin-off every chance to succeed, and then some. I guess J2, Misha, Mark P and Kim, probably Sam Smith, and maybe even Briana now that she's officially part of the spin-off. I don't expect Jensen to get much more than a word in edgewise. Jared will because Jared always gets a word in, no matter the situation, lol.

• Love 2
(edited)

How I wish that was true

I fully expect Kim R to be there. No way TPTB miss out on the current wave of Woman Power in Hollywood. It's also why I believe they will give the spin-off every chance to succeed, and then some. I guess J2, Misha, Mark P and Kim, probably Sam Smith, and maybe even Briana now that she's officially part of the spin-off. I don't expect Jensen to get much more than a word in edgewise. Jared will because Jared always gets a word in, no matter the situation, lol.

It won't be much different than the season 9 panel.  It was over 20 minutes into a 45 minute panel before Jensen spoke.  I wish they'd do a separate panel for the spinoff.

Edited by ILoveReading

So based on that spoiler Cas won't feature in the episode and therefore won't be resurrected right away. It is that, or as I speculated previously he won't be resurrected at all and Alt! will appear somewhere down the line.

(edited)
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It took me a minute to figure out what you meant. IMDb is editable by anyone, so I wonder if this isn't someone's idea of a joke, but omg.

HOLY SHIT! I doubt it's true but HOLY SHIT if it is.

Maybe he's an AU Dean!Michael

Also, I don't see a title card...I'm confused. Was it there and removed..or??

Edited by catrox14
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

So based on that spoiler Cas won't feature in the episode and therefore won't be resurrected right away. It is that, or as I speculated previously he won't be resurrected at all and Alt! will appear somewhere down the line.

I highly doubt IMdB has the scoop here.  It's a fan-edited website.  If they aren't even announcing who is attending SDCC, they aren't putting out data like that for someone to randomly update IMdB with.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, SueB said:

I highly doubt IMdB has the scoop here.  It's a fan-edited website.  If they aren't even announcing who is attending SDCC, they aren't putting out data like that for someone to randomly update IMdB with.

I agree.  That seems like waaaayyyy too big of a spoiler to let out this early.  But it is making fans pretty excited atm.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

You know I focused in on the lack of Misha/Cas appearance so quickly I didn't even notice the Michael spoiler whoops haha

I'm confused why you're saying there is lack of Misha/Cas

(edited)
3 hours ago, enaiowen said:

Ok.  Is it just me?  The screenshot posted above for the IMDB cast list has Misha as Castiel.  But when I click the link it lists him as Lucifer?

Well, it says Lucifer now. It really seems like someone is messing around or something. 

Capture.PNG.7051c85e91a2c124b524bf4d9d4240fa.PNG

5 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

You know I focused in on the lack of Misha/Cas appearance so quickly I didn't even notice the Michael spoiler whoops haha

I don't really pay attention to these things much, but isn't that the way they're always listed before the episode airs. Jared and Jensen are always listed as credited cast--because they're guaranteed--and then anyone else is listed separately--almost like speculation. It seems like it changes after the episode airs.

Edited by DittyDotDot
(edited)
8 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Well, it says Lucifer now. It really seems like someone is messing around or something. 

Capture.PNG.7051c85e91a2c124b524bf4d9d4240fa.PNG

I don't really pay attention to these things much, but isn't that the way they're always listed before the episode airs. Jared and Jensen are always listed as credited cast--because they're guaranteed--and then anyone else is listed separately--almost like speculation. It seems like it changes after the episode airs.

I'm honestly not sure! I don't really use IMDB much so I'm not sure how things work on there! Hopefully another user who uses the site more might be able to confirm :)

And the change to Lucifer seems to suggest someone is majorly trolling us.

Edited by Wayward Son

Based on a tip-off from justanotheridijiton on Tumblr, the WBTV has updated their Comic-Con pages

On SUNDAY at SDCC

10:30 –11:30 a.m. Supernatural Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Join the series’ stars and executive producers in Hall H to answer questions about the shocking events in last season’s intense two-part finale, as well as what’s in store for lucky season 13 of this exciting series! Fans will also be treated to an exclusive video presentation featuring series highlights of your favorite guys from Kansas, and maybe a surprise or two! The 13th season of Supernatural will return to Thursdays on October 12 in its new 8/7c time period on The CW. The series is produced by Kripke Enterprises Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Supernatural, and follow the show on Twitter at @cw_spn.  Hall H

emphasis mine - I'm betting Kim and Brianna -- it COULD be Mark P and Samantha S. but I'm betting not.

Listed on their Social Media "contacts" for the Comic-Con:
Show                         Talent                           Twitter                                Instagram                             Snapchat

Supernatural                                                  cw_spn                               cw_supernatural                       N/A

Jared Padalecki             JarPad                                jaredpadalecki

Jensen Ackles               JensenAckles                      jensenackles

Misha Collins                 mishacollins                       misha                                    misha.snaps

Robert Singer                  N/A                                     N/A

Andrew Dabb                andrewdabb                         N/A

Holly Ollis                      Hollidayo                           Hollidayo

Holly Ollis is the Supernatural Social Media rep.  

And Misha is clearly in the poster with Mark photoshopped out.  So, Mark P is not shown at the same status level as either Misha or Mark Sheppard in the past.  Or they didn't want to shoot new posters.  But since Mark P isn't on the panel, I'm betting he's not at the same level as Mark Shepard was. 

27 minutes ago, SueB said:

Based on a tip-off from justanotheridijiton on Tumblr, the WBTV has updated their Comic-Con pages

On SUNDAY at SDCC

emphasis mine - I'm betting Kim and Brianna -- it COULD be Mark P and Samantha S. but I'm betting not.

Listed on their Social Media "contacts" for the Comic-Con:
Show                         Talent                           Twitter                                Instagram                             Snapchat

Supernatural                                                  cw_spn                               cw_supernatural                       N/A

Jared Padalecki             JarPad                                jaredpadalecki

Jensen Ackles               JensenAckles                      jensenackles

Misha Collins                 mishacollins                       misha                                    misha.snaps

Robert Singer                  N/A                                     N/A

Andrew Dabb                andrewdabb                         N/A

Holly Ollis                      Hollidayo                           Hollidayo

Holly Ollis is the Supernatural Social Media rep.  

And Misha is clearly in the poster with Mark photoshopped out.  So, Mark P is not shown at the same status level as either Misha or Mark Sheppard in the past.  Or they didn't want to shoot new posters.  But since Mark P isn't on the panel, I'm betting he's not at the same level as Mark Shepard was. 

Holy shit. I didn't notice that they just photoshopped Mark S out. That's just...ooof.

16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Holy shit. I didn't notice that they just photoshopped Mark S out. That's just...ooof.

The only upside to this is that they didn't photoshop Mark P in.  Of course, this probably isn't the official Season 13 poster since it's just a redo, so I guess I shouldn't celebrate just yet.

• Love 1
Just now, MysteryGuest said:

The only upside to this is that they didn't photoshop Mark P in.  Of course, this probably isn't the official Season 13 poster since it's just a redo, so I guess I shouldn't celebrate just yet.

Heh. I feel your pain.

I've been watching random episodes from the entire series, and there will absolutely be a void with Mark S gone.  He definitely brought something of value to the show and it's just a shame that he had to go just because they couldn't figure out what to do with the character.  They literally could have done anything with him, if only they had the imagination.  It's just not going to be the same without him, IMO. 

• Love 8
(edited)
13 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I've been watching random episodes from the entire series, and there will absolutely be a void with Mark S gone.  He definitely brought something of value to the show and it's just a shame that he had to go just because they couldn't figure out what to do with the character.  They literally could have done anything with him, if only they had the imagination.  It's just not going to be the same without him, IMO. 

I wanted Crowley dead, dead, dead after he turned Dean into a demon, but I agree he did bring a certain something special to the show that will be missed. I just can't fathom if Cas ends up gone as well. Too much loss

Edited by catrox14

I'm going to miss Dean and Crowley.  It was the best one sided bromance. 

I knew TPTB were lazy and just photoshopping Mark S out proves it.  Plus, its seems kind of disrespectful. 

But at least they didn't photoshop Mark P in.

It looks like Misha will be a comic con, so hopefully this means he has regular contract status. 

8 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Ooof is a good word. I like it. They are not only assholes, they are assholes too cheap to spring for a new photo. And yes, I'm aware the boys are away on hiatus. Don't care. This is just... ooof.

And Holly Ollis is the social media rep? I thought that was Suzanne Gomez (Chico9). Guess it explains her total lack of attention to anything SPN.

• Love 1
(edited)

It would've been smarter to not only remove Mark Sheppard, but make the entire background and such something different so it wasn't so obvious they just removed the one guy. Which, yeah, is lazy, but as a designer, I also understand how these things happen too. Sometimes the time constraints on these things means you don't always get to do it the way you want.

47 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And Holly Ollis is the social media rep? I thought that was Suzanne Gomez (Chico9). 

I believe Holly Ollis works for Warner Bros.--the studio--and Suzanne Gomez works for the CW--the network. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
(edited)

I think Suzanne Gomez is a WB publicist and appears to do something like once a year for SPN. And is a friend of Misha's, maybe? Holly Ollis I haven't heard of before. She is a "PR gal for Supernatural, Gotham & Supergirl" according to her Twitter. She's behind the cute puppies in plaid.

edit: x-post with DDD

Edited by auntvi
9 hours ago, SueB said:

Never thought Mark Pellegrino was of equal stature. In fact, I'm not even sure how much he's going to be in S13. We still have no confirmation he's returning yet, do we?

6 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Never thought Mark Pellegrino was of equal stature. In fact, I'm not even sure how much he's going to be in S13. We still have no confirmation he's returning yet, do we?

I think its inevitable that Mark P and Lucifer will be back.   They've had multiple opportunities to write Lucifer out permanently and they haven't take them,  Plus, he's alive in the AU with Mary.  More than likely that will be a storyline.  Save Mary.  In the process, Sam and Dean will end up in multiple AU's trying to find the one they were in the finale. 

If I had to guess, Mary will be rescused in the mid-season finale and the back half will deal with her PTSD from being trapped with Lucifer, and the boys trying to find and kill Lucifer. (Because 5 seasons of Lucifer isn't enough).

• Love 4