Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I wanted to reply to the post with the vid of the producers preview. There was a post after it that wasn't related to it.

I usually respond with something like, "Re: the producer's preview", then give my commentary.  So if I hadn't quoted you, I could have responded like:

Re: GeordieGirl's question

In certain cases, I tend to prefer quoting to save any unnecessary confusion.  But it can clutter up the thread to quote and re-quote videos or tweets because they take up so much room.

Hope that helped!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Thank you. 

So, this is a quote from Mr Pink (Steve Buscami) in Reservoir dogs.  Now add the diner scene (ALSO very Reservoir Dogs) and a previous spoiler about this being a movie homage AND....

- We're likely to start in media res with Cas bleeding and dyind (RD)

- hop back to the diner

- and keep visiting Cas's near death while the episode jumps around showing out of sequence build up scenes

I now feel definitely better. Cas may have permanent damage but he is gonna live.  

If you haven't seen RD, definitely worth it.

That makes sense as usually the previews come from early in the episode. I was wondering why Cas seemingly dying was being shown but now it makes sense if it occurs that way,

I haven't seen the movie (obviously). Only recently have I been able to see anything that wasn't animated or Harry Potter.

I honestly would be stunned if they killed Cas off, so I'm really not expecting that.  This show has certainly surprised me before, but unless Misha had asked to be written off the show for some reason, I don't see them doing it.  Misha has a huge fanbase, and I think the backlash would be seriously detrimental to the show and it's ratings.  If they plan to be back next year, which they do, why would they shoot themselves in the foot that way?  That certainly doesn't preclude them from totally screwing with his character again, since they do that all the time.  I guess we'll see what happens.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I honestly would be stunned if they killed Cas off, so I'm really not expecting that.  This show has certainly surprised me before, but unless Misha had asked to be written off the show for some reason, I don't see them doing it.  Misha has a huge fanbase, and I think the backlash would be seriously detrimental to the show and it's ratings.  If they plan to be back next year, which they do, why would they shoot themselves in the foot that way?  That certainly doesn't preclude them from totally screwing with his character again, since they do that all the time.  I guess we'll see what happens.

I agree. The fans go nuts when Cas isn't in several episodes in a row, so I think killing him off would be a deal-breaker for the fence sitter fans.

I'll stick with this show to the very end, Mick and I are fans from day one, it's "our" show. But please, don't screw with Cas! I want badass Cas back!

• Love 2

I don't think this has been posted yet! My apologies if it has..

THE HOUNDS OF HELL – An attack by an invisible hellhound at a campsite leads Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) to investigate the mysterious circumstances. Meanwhile, two of Crowley’s (Mark A. Sheppard) own personal demons uncover what he has been hiding. Castiel (Misha Collins) gets a lead on Kelly Kline. Directed by Nina Lopez-Corrado, the episode was written by Davy Perez. (#1215). Original airdate 3/9/2017. 

Synopsis for “Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell”

• Love 3

MV.  I'm enjoying his episodes.  He has obviously spent some time becoming familiar with the Supernatural universe, and his scripts show it.  Does he incorporate every connection and bit of history the boys have - no.  But with 12 years of background, some of it reconned, I'm not sure that would even be possible.  That said,  I can see how you might not feel the same way if your focus is primarily on Dean.

• Love 6

Sam also has a history with hell hounds, as he killed one in S8.

I`m sure they will remember that. Dean being ripped apart by one is probably too minor an incident. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Wynne88 said:

That said,  I can see how you might not feel the same way if your focus is primarily on Dean.

I can also see how someone might not feel the same way who simply likes a well-written story that incorporates important pieces of canon into it, especially when that canon includes very important information about one of the main characters on the show-unless going forward they either don't care about that info and/or it's not in their plans to bring any of that up anyway-which is why I think there was no mention of it. But I can see how one might not feel the same way if one doesn't care that much about that character's previous storyline and/or its continuing to be dismissed/"forgotten"/ not incorporated into the story by the writers every time something even related to it comes up again/now. 

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1

Sounds like Crowley is being pressured by Lucifer to keep Baby Devil's Spawn alive.  I'm really intrigued by the dynamic of reminding Crowley he has a son while Luci's son is threatened.

Photos for next week

For those new to the forum, I'm SnazzyO on most social media.  So that's me in the comments. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

To bad Perez is writing this one.  I'm guessing Dean having history with hell hounds is the next thing the show will ignore.

Judging by Jaxcon, Jensen came in very late to the shooting. I don't know if it was to have time with his twins or if it was just because Perez was writing it. There probably won't be much for Dean fans in this at all. On a bright note, the episode after is written by Glynn which I am very optimistic about. Just get ready because Perez has another right after :(.

9 minutes ago, Darkblood8 said:

Judging by Jaxcon, Jensen came in very late to the shooting. I don't know if it was to have time with his twins or if it was just because Perez was writing it. There probably won't be much for Dean fans in this at all. On a bright note, the episode after is written by Glynn which I am very optimistic about. Just get ready because Perez has another right after :(.

I am glad he is writing so many this season, I have really enjoyed his so far, like Glynn too.

• Love 4

Judging by Jaxcon, Jensen came in very late to the shooting. I don't know if it was to have time with his twins or if it was just because Perez was writing it.

Well, hopefully, Perez can at least write in a good reason for Dean`s absence. Not just send him offscreen and let it explicably take 20 hours till he comes back from somewhere. Absence in and of itself, I don`t mind. I rather he doesn`t strain himself trying to write the character when he has no interest.

And you mean, he will be writing ep 17 as well? Yeesh. At least usually those aren`t mytharc ones so an easy skip.

Good news about Glynn, I hope she gets 4 episodes this Season too.    

56 minutes ago, Darkblood8 said:

Judging by Jaxcon, Jensen came in very late to the shooting. I don't know if it was to have time with his twins or if it was just because Perez was writing it.

I hope I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here.  But it reads to me like you're implying that Jensen would be deliberately unprofessional to not just the writer of the episode, but everyone who was working on it due to some (perceived) unhappiness with the writer.

Please tell me that's not what you're saying.

3 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

I hope I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here.  But it reads to me like you're implying that Jensen would be deliberately unprofessional to not just the writer of the episode, but everyone who was working on it due to some (perceived) unhappiness with the writer.

Please tell me that's not what you're saying.

I think what she means is that Jensen came in late because he's not very heavy in the episode. She's not sure if that's because Perez writes his episodes Dean lite or if his scenes were later because of the twins. I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. I think he came in later because of the twins. I assume Jared will miss some time after Gen gives birth.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

Nothing deliberate at all. Jensen and Jared should get some time off when their children are born. I think there is a possibility that they wanted to give Jensen some time off and that Perez's strength is with Sam so it all worked out for this being a Dean lite episode. I do think that Perez writes for Sam (like Glynn seems to write for Dean). Those two might have been brought in to provide Jensen and Jared some down time through the year in different episodes.  BTW I would never say Jensen or Jared would ever intentionally be unprofessional. 

• Love 1

Yup, that is an episode where Jensen missed about a week of shooting or so. Now I think Perez didn`t write him in much regardless and it worked out well with Jensen getting more time with his newborns. 

I highly doubt Jensen would ever just not show up, even if he thought a script was garbage. That kind of stuff carries heavy penalties for breach of contract.  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2

This is why I asked for clarification.  But I'm still confused.

5 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yup, that is an episode where Jensen missed about a week of shooting or so. Now I think Perez didn`t write him in much regardless and it worked out well with Jensen getting more time with his newborns. 

Now my question is, wouldn't it have been planned months in advance?  Like, as soon as they got a due date?  Why do you think that Perez wrote an episode that didn't have much for Dean to do, then they said, "Hey, did we get lucky or what that she gave birth when she did because Dean's not in this episode much at all!"

I get that people don't like Perez as a writer, but that would reflect on the whole production, not just him.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

I get that people don't like Perez as a writer, but that would reflect on the whole production, not just him.

Some people, personally I have really like him.

• Love 2

Now my question is, wouldn't it have been planned months in advance?  Like, as soon as they got a due date?  Why do you think that Perez wrote an episode that didn't have much for Dean to do, then they said, "Hey, did we get lucky or what that she gave birth when she did because Dean's not in this episode much at all!"

I think Perez in general will not write much for Dean if he can help it so, granted, they might have specifically given him the episode. But I do believe however the episode will look, it wouldn`t have been different if Jensen didn`t have twins. He could have still vacationed. This just happened to work out well for everyone here. 

• Love 1
Just now, Aeryn13 said:

I think Perez in general will not write much for Dean if he can help it so, granted, they might have specifically given him the episode. But I do believe however the episode will look, it wouldn`t have been different if Jensen didn`t have twins. He could have still vacationed. This just happened to work out well for everyone here. 

I very much disagree, I don't know Perez and certainly can't pretend to know what he will or will not write.  I would think that they would have made some plans and built it in so that he could be off for the birth of his children, I am assuming they are doing the same thing for Jared.  It is opinion only that the doesn't like to write for Jensen, not fact.

• Love 5

Perez wrote American Nightmare.  An episode where Dean just literally vanished for an entire act.   No explanation and nobody noticed he was gone.   If Jensen had all 8 days of nothing about that episode changes.  Same this this one.   You can also apply that to ep 1, and Lotus.  

4 episodes where Dean is completely irrelevant out of 12 isn't a good track record for the season.

2 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Perez wrote American Nightmare.  An episode where Dean just literally vanished for an entire act.   No explanation and nobody noticed he was gone.   If Jensen had all 8 days of nothing about that episode changes.  Same this this one.   You can also apply that to ep 1, and Lotus.  

4 episodes where Dean is completely irrelevant out of 12 isn't a good track record for the season.

That is your opinion is all I am saying.  It's not mine, he was not completely irrelevant to me in those episodes.  This is obviously one of those times where YMMV.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Diane said:

That is your opinion is all I am saying.  It's not mine, he was not completely irrelevant to me in those episodes.  This is obviously one of those times where YMMV.

I agree its my opinion.   I didn't say it was fact.  I don't enjoy Perez episodes and I will skip them in the future.  I wish they'd let Yockey write more.  Asa Fox has to be my favorite Dean characterization in a long time.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Demented Daisy said:

From everything I've seen of Jensen and Jared, I am certain that they told the showrunners immediately after they found out their wives were pregnant. I think they had a general idea of when the babies were due and they planned some Castiel and Sam leaning eps. They probably knew early on that Perez was stronger with Sam and scheduled his episodes accordingly.

Does anyone know which one they are shooting now? I read that the week before the last convention neither Jensen, Jared nor Misha were shooting. But Mark Pellegrino was headed to Vancouver so it could be Crowley and Lucifer and whatnot-centric. Could this be the last Perez-ep?   

9 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Does anyone know which one they are shooting now? I read that the week before the last convention neither Jensen, Jared nor Misha were shooting. But Mark Pellegrino was headed to Vancouver so it could be Crowley and Lucifer and whatnot-centric. Could this be the last Perez-ep?   

episode 17 John Showalter is directing, I can't find who wrote it. according to wiki the filming dates where 2-6-17 thru 2-16-17

Edited by Diane

Thanks. Damn, looks like another writer then. 

edit:  Duh, I can`t do basic math anymore. Somehow I came out with him doing 14 and 16 but it`s 15 and 17. So, excellent.   

Edited by Aeryn13
19 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

According to http://ibelieveinthelittletreetopper.tumblr.com/post/147242139088/supernatural-season-12-spoiler-sheet yes.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Thanks. Damn, looks like another writer then. 

edit:  Duh, I can`t do basic math anymore. Somehow I came out with him doing 14 and 16 but it`s 15 and 17. So, excellent.   

Going by writers and the general information we have, I only expect 1 or 2 good Dean episodes left this year. We are looking at a run of Perez and Berens and Yockey may be down to 1 more.  I'm going with 1 Dean, 1 Castiel, 1 Crowley/Rowena, 5 Sam's and the rest mythology (Mary,BoL,Luci, Lovechild,Princes and season 13 set up). Not saying those other eps won't be good but Dean's run this year is about done.

http://tvline.com/2017/02/17/once-upon-a-time-musical-spoilers-regina-charmings-sing-off/

Long time no Supernatural scoop! Care to remedy that? — T.J.
Hmm, that’s a fair cop. Next Thursday’s episode, which features the return of Crowley’s son Gavin, is “a big one” for the King of Hell and his mother Rowena, actress Ruth Connell says. “You finally get to see more of the familial relationship with the three of them” — as well as some “borderline shocking” moments.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

I am really not looking forward to this episode! I hope it is a good episode for those who are fans of Crowley and because I think Mark Shepherd / Crowley deserve an episode where they're at the center after all this time. However, I have no interest in him so I anticipate being bored throughout. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
Just now, Wayward Son said:

I am really not looking forward to this episode! I hope it is a good episode for those who are fans of Crowley, but I have no interest in him so I anticipate being bored throughout. 

I can't wait because I absolutely adore Rowena.

Crowley, however, needs to die.  ;-)

• Love 3

"Borderline shocking moments"? Um, does that mean you know they're not shocking, Dabb, but are trying to put a little pizzazz into your statement? ;)

You know, I couldn't care less about Gavin, but Rowena finding out she's a grandmother has got to be fun!! So, I'm in. 

• Love 1

I hope we get confirmation that Dean remembers what Rowena said to him.   Or some Dean/Crowley scenes.  I've missed their (one-sided) bromance.

When Mark Sheppard was asked at a con why Dean and Crowley don't work together anymore (para-phrasing, not sure of the exact wording).  Mark replied, watch the rest of the season.  But since Mark is a known troll I'm not sure if its a spoiler.   But I hope it is.

As for Dean, unfortunately nothing in spoilers seem to indicate that there is anything significant on the horizon.

Episode 13- Crowley/Rowena/Gavin

Episode 14- Jensen had at least 5 days filming off after the birth of this twins.  Mark, and Misha also didn't film.  Seems to be focused on Sam and Mary and the BMoL.

Episode 15- Seems Lucifer/Baby devil momma drama focused.  Since its written by Perez, odds are slim that Dean will get anything significant to do.  If he can't even give Dean anything important in an episode with multiple Michael mentions I hope no hope here.  ( Would love to be wrong though).

Episode 16- don't know anything about it.  But Jim Michaels did tweet that script tease about about forwarding to the future. 

Episode 17- Extremely Jensen and Jared light but Jim Beaver spoiled Mark Pellegrino was on set.

There could be something in there of course that focuses on Dean but I'm not seeing a lot of opportunity.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I hope we get confirmation that Dean remembers what Rowena said to him.   Or some Dean/Crowley scenes.  I've missed their (one-sided) bromance.

When Mark Sheppard was asked at a con why Dean and Crowley don't work together anymore (para-phrasing, not sure of the exact wording).  Mark replied, watch the rest of the season.  But since Mark is a known troll I'm not sure if its a spoiler.   But I hope it is.

As for Dean, unfortunately nothing in spoilers seem to indicate that there is anything significant on the horizon.

Episode 13- Crowley/Rowena/Gavin

Episode 14- Jensen had at least 5 days filming off after the birth of this twins.  Mark, and Misha also didn't film.  Seems to be focused on Sam and Mary and the BMoL.

Episode 15- Seems Lucifer/Baby devil momma drama focused.  Since its written by Perez, odds are slim that Dean will get anything significant to do.  If he can't even give Dean anything important in an episode with multiple Michael mentions I hope no hope here.  ( Would love to be wrong though).

Episode 16- don't know anything about it.  But Jim Michaels did tweet that script tease about about forwarding to the future. 

Episode 17- Extremely Jensen and Jared light but Jim Beaver spoiled Mark Pellegrino was on set.

There could be something in there of course that focuses on Dean but I'm not seeing a lot of opportunity.

Episode 19 is meant to be Castiel centric and somehow "centered on him differently".