Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Diane said:

She is a writer from Tulsa, OK where I live.  She wrote the Outsiders when she was in high school.  She also wrote Tex, Rumble Fish and That Was Then, This is Now.  I think she is just a big fan.

She is a huge fan of the show and comes up and visits the set at least once a year. She's also been an extra in a couple episodes--she was one of the people in the background of the diner scene in Slash Fiction, as I recall.

• Love 2

Well, Dabb mentioned at Comic Con they were trying to get Garth back, but Benny...now that would be interesting. However, one or both of them could just be visiting set and S.E. Hilton is a big fan of the show...? I dunno.

They should be filming ep 8 this week which is the mid season finale. Seems like a pretty big coincidence for 3 previous guest actors to just happen to make set visit during the week they are filming the mid-season finale. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Diane said:

She is a writer from Tulsa, OK where I live.  She wrote the Outsiders when she was in high school.  She also wrote Tex, Rumble Fish and That Was Then, This is Now.  I think she is just a big fan.

4 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

She is a huge fan of the show and comes up and visits the set at least once a year. She's also been an extra in a couple episodes--she was one of the people in the background of the diner scene in Slash Fiction, as I recall.

Holy Shit! S.E. Hilton is a Supernatural fan?  That's so awesome. I grew up reading her books. This just made my day.

• Love 4

Mamma Mia Press Release and Full Set of Promo Photos

SUPERNATURAL
“Mamma Mia” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LSV) (HDTV)

RICK SPRINGFIELD GUEST STARS — Dean (Jensen Ackles), Castiel (Misha Collins) and Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) have a lead on Sam (Jared Padalecki) and set out to rescue him. Dean is uncomfortable with putting Mary in danger but she insists on going along. Meanwhile, Crowley (Mark A. Sheppard) is tipped off that Lucifer has taken over the body of rock star Vince Vicente (guest star Rick Springfield).  Thomas J. Wright directed the episode written by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming (#1202).  Original airdate 10/10/2016.

You and me both! I sort of doubt he would be if they didn't need something for Sheppard and Collins to do. My belief is that this new Lucifer storyline is to give J2 time off. 

• Love 2

Okay on that preview.  Some of it looks cool but I have major questions, as always.

Oh good grief. The introduction of Cas and Mary is so unnecessarily weird and stilted.  "This is Mary Winchester" "Your mom.." 

Am I to believe that after 8 years of Dean and Cas being around each other most all the damn time & Cas having been in Dean's room where Mary's picture was on his nightstand and Cas going through John's journal which I think had the family picture in it, that Cas wouldn't recognize Mary?  At first I though oh it's because Mary is freaking out so Dean is introducing her as "Mary Winchester" as a  way that keeps her calm and imply that Cas doesn't already know of her or seen her but that kind of goes out the window when he says "Your mother? " . Dean would just say, "Cas, this is my Mom" .  I don't get it. Other than the worst exposition ever to introduce her to any brand new viewers.  Lame

For all of Singer's saying in the interviews they don't want to repeat the past, they resurrected Mary and have her saying "Hi Sweetheart. Remember me" to the Impala as though Dean hasn't said that 100 times already.  

I see Jensen is doing more stunt driving so that makes me happy. 

Mary is bleeding back stuff from her eyes or blood that looks black. That can't be good.

I will say that at least Dean looks appropriately freaked out over Mary's existence.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Oh good grief. The introduction of Cas and Mary is so unnecessarily weird and stilted.  "This is Mary Winchester" "Your mom.."

I know, right? It was hilarious. I'm going to start introducing people like that. First I'm going to position myself way in front of the person I'm introducing. Then:

Me:  This is Nate...[awkward pause] M*****.

Friend:  Your....boyfriend?!

or

Me:  This is Jaya...[awkward pause] G*******.

Friend:  Your...friend?!

So unnecessarily weird. Also, introduce people to your mom first, Dean, not the other way around. You boor! ;)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, rue721 said:

o unnecessarily weird. Also, introduce people to your mom first, Dean, not the other way around. You boor! ;)

I'm giving Dean a pass on the the boorish behavior. He's having  a weird night LOL 

In the first teaser, when we see Cas approaching Mary whilst she held him at gunpoint, I presumed he recognized her and was going to talk her down.  But this scene throws that totally logical reason out the window in favor of Cas apparently having some kind of memory loss about his best friend's mother. 

3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

For all of Singer's saying in the interviews they don't want to repeat the past, they resurrected Mary and have her saying "Hi Sweetheart. Remember me" to the Impala as though Dean hasn't said that 100 times already.  

That's really weird to me. Mary told John she hated the care. Of course, she wanted John to buy a van, so maybe she grew to love it, but I thought it was a weird choice. Maybe it'll make more sense in context, though?

3 hours ago, rue721 said:

I know, right? It was hilarious. I'm going to start introducing people like that. First I'm going to position myself way in front of the person I'm introducing. 

I'm hoping it's just the way they cut it together for this promo that made it appear so awkward because that is some weird blocking! 

7 hours ago, Bessie said:

This season opener could be a doozy! Not a fan of either the director or the writers.

I wasn't sure if you were referring to the Mama Mia post above yours. FYI, that's not the premiere, that's the second episode penned by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming (Ugh!!). I think the premiere is called Keep Calm and Carry On and I'm assuming it is was written by Andrew Dabb. And, I believe Phil Scriggia directed it. Not to say you you're a fan of them either, but perhaps it sounds a tad more appealing now? 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Not to say you you're a fan of them either, but perhaps it sounds a tad more appealing now? 

Absolutely! Thanks, DittyDotDot.  You were right. I got it all mixed up. 

• Love 1

I'm in agreement with others about Lucifer...please make him go away.  Sadly, I know they want to give Jared and Jensen more time off, so they need to fill in with other characters, but it makes me sad.  I much preferred when the show focused mainly on them.  Yeah, I know...those days are gone.  

I'm gonna throw at a complete crack theory about Mary.

What if she's Amara in Mary's body? Maybe that's why she's all 'Hi Sweetheart, Remember me?' about the Impala that @DittyDotDot correctly pointed out, was the car she hated.  Amara would be remembering things Dean said and applying them to Mary maybe? 

Like I said that's a total crack spec.

Mary may not have wanted that car to begin with, but I'm sure she spent plenty of time in it to have some fond memories of riding with her husband and babies.  It would at least be something familiar to her in a world where even her children are strangers to her.

• Love 2
Just now, MysteryGuest said:

Mary may not have wanted that car to begin with, but I'm sure she spent plenty of time in it to have some fond memories of riding with her husband and babies.  It would at least be something familiar to her in a world where even her children are strangers to her.

I wonder about that.  It would have only really been time with her, John and Dean for 3 or 4 years  and maybe 6 months with Sam.  Who knows if she was out and about with a 6 month old back then all that much.   I do agree it's something familiar but the way she says it's a lot more sentimental than I would have expected. 

Well, she and John were married for a few years before she got pregnant with Dean, so I can see the sentiment attached to how John felt about the car.  I don't disagree that the line seemed a bit much, but I'm hoping that some context might make it better.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Well, she and John were married for a few years before she got pregnant with Dean, so I can see the sentiment attached to how John felt about the car.  I don't disagree that the line seemed a bit much, but I'm hoping that some context might make it better.

I'm wondering if she took off with the Impala to do her side hunting and John never figured it out.  Maybe she kept setting the odometer back.

• Love 1

Supernatural - Episode 12.03 - The Foundry - Press Release

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/10/supernatural-episode-1203-foundry-press.html

“The Foundry” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

OH BABY – When a crying baby leads to death in a mysterious abandoned house, Mary (guest star Samantha Smith), Sam (Jared Padelicki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) decide to investigate. Meanwhile, Castiel’s (Misha Collins) hunt for Lucifer (guest star Rick Springfield) leads him, begrudgingly, to partner up with Crowley (Mark A. Sheppard). Robert Berens wrote the episode directed by Robert Singer (#1203). Original airdate 10/27/2016.

• Love 3

So..it's all in the form of  Memento...which makes me wonder is this a hint about the structure of the storytelling for this season... Or is just for fun for the promo.  I would be HELLA impressed if they did some non-linear storytelling. 

For those who haven't seen the film. 

Pearce stars as a man who suffers from anterograde amnesia (the inability to form new memories) and is searching for the persons who attacked him and killed his wife. Memento is presented as two different sequences of scenes interspersed during the film: a series in black-and-white that is shown chronologically, and a series of color sequences shown in reverse order (simulating in the audience the mental state of the protagonist who can remember only about five to seven minutes before amnesia sets in). The two sequences "meet" at the end of the film, producing one complete and cohesive narrative.[4]

Edited by catrox14

I think that might drive me crazy :)  The whole time I was watching that, I was just wishing somebody could reverse it.  Sometimes 'concept' stuff is just too much work for me.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

I think that might drive me crazy :)  The whole time I was watching that, I was just wishing somebody could reverse it.  Sometimes 'concept' stuff is just too much work for me.  

I'm sure someone on Tumblr will gif it back to normal. LOL I'll be on the look out.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'm really excited about the episode they're calling "Oh Baby". It's written by Berens so I expect it to be all sorts of creepy!

I hope so! Maybe that has to do with that nasty looking crib with the baby doll in it?

Honestly, I hope that the episode is about some kind of horrifying baby doll (rather than an actual baby, since babies are generally not creepy at all!). Mostly because dolls happen to freak me in the same way as clowns apparently do Sam ;) *shudder*

Have you guys ever heard of Robert the Doll? I want them to do an episode based on that. Eh even thinking about that story gives me the creeps.

• Love 1

So in that scene with Mary looking at John's journal, it looks a lot bigger than I remember. Or am I mistaken?
Dean could put the journal in his jacket.  Hmmm..

7 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I hope so! Maybe that has to do with that nasty looking crib with the baby doll in it?

Honestly, I hope that the episode is about some kind of horrifying baby doll (rather than an actual baby, since babies are generally not creepy at all!). Mostly because dolls happen to freak me in the same way as clowns apparently do Sam ;) *shudder*

Have you guys ever heard of Robert the Doll? I want them to do an episode based on that. Eh even thinking about that story gives me the creeps.

It's gonna be pretty awful if that is a baby in the crib. Seems like an unnecessarily sick thing to have Mary investigate given the last thing she remembers is seeing her 6 month old before she burns on the ceiling. It just seems fucked up to me.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It's gonna be pretty awful if that is a baby in the crib. Seems like an unnecessarily sick thing to have Mary investigate given the last thing she remembers is seeing her 6 month old before she burns on the ceiling. It just seems fucked up to me.

Maybe they're in Mary's head somehow, or the scene is based on her memories or fears or something.

That place with the crib actually did look pretty burnt out.

• Love 1

That looked interesting.  I loved the movie Memento, but I'm not sure I could do that for an entire season.  I wouldn't mind an episode like that, though.  

I'm going to have to suspend my disbelief where Mary's age is concerned.  If she's supposed to be 29, that's a stretch.  Don't get me wrong, Samantha Smith is lovely, and she looks great for her age, but she doesn't look like she's in her twenties or even early thirties.  I'm not sure how they could have done it differently, and I'm sure I'll adjust, but it seems really noticeable to me in these previews.  

I suppose we can dispense with the theory that Lady Whatserface's child was Sam or Dean's.  I have to assume she wouldn't be torturing and trying to kill them both if that were the case.  I guess we'll see how that storyline plays out.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'm going to have to suspend my disbelief where Mary's age is concerned.  If she's supposed to be 29, that's a stretch.  Don't get me wrong, Samantha Smith is lovely, but she great for her age, but she doesn't look like she's in her twenties or even early thirties.  I'm not sure how they could have done it differently, and I'm sure I'll adjust, but it seems really noticeable to me in these previews.  

Since we don't know where Mary was after ghost!Mary died, if I were writing I would put in a line of dialogue that had her in the Empty where it's wibbley wobbley timey wimey stuff and now she's 40. .

• Love 1

That might work.  LOL   I guess this is what happens when your show stays on the air for 12 years!  If you want to revisit old characters who've supposedly been frozen in time since last you saw them, you're going to need to be creative with makeup, lighting, clothing, etc.  I'm sure it will be fine, as Samantha certainly doesn't look bad...just a bit older than she's supposed to be.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

That might work.  LOL   I guess this is what happens when your show stays on the air for 12 years!  If you want to revisit old characters who've supposedly been frozen in time since last you saw them, you're going to need to be creative with makeup, lighting, clothing, etc.  I'm sure it will be fine, as Samantha certainly doesn't look bad...just a bit older than she's supposed to be.  

Heh. Well Cole was supposed to be like 25 and TAW looked 45. Maybe he set a precedent

• Love 1
8 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Hmmm... I don't know if this is from the SPN set or what because he's being mysterious.

Isn't that wound where Dean shot Lucifer with the colt back in season 5? If he is on the SPN set is this a hint he'll be a Lucifer vessel too? I hope not cause like many others I'm sick of the devil but I miss original recipe Death.