Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Well, I guess it all depends on what your expectations are for the show. 

At this point my hope would be: not being offensive without being too boring. My expectations are significantly lower of course. Of course last year they really played up the codependency as something sweet and super-romantic and I fear this will continue. Having found nothing about this relationship enjoyable for years, that makes it harder to stomach. 

Again, maybe the Cas-episode won`t...suck. Possibly. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, trxr4kids said:

I'm going with Mary being the one that turns on them for what I think are obvious reasons: 1)the angst 2)parallel to the Samuel Campbell storyline season 6 and   3) such a shocking twist not .

The only way I can see that working is if Mary becomes convinced that she can make things right for Sam or that it's a chance at a do-over in some way or make amends. I don't blame her or think bad about her choice that she made in the worst moment of her life when she had lost EVERYONE. She was in sudden grief and shock and emotionally destroyed at the age of 19.  I will be really upset if the show makes this about her judging her children for their life and their choices.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I will be really upset if the show makes this about her judging her children for their life and their choices.

I agree but it wouldn't be the first time the show has made judging/shaming/blaming a thing.

• Love 1

This show does like it's angst and pointless drama, but I got the impression from Dabb's Comic Con interviews they weren't going down the blame and/or antagonistic road like they did with Grampy Campbell, but just dealing with the situation they all find themselves in and moving forward. If there's any blaming going on, I'm betting it's Mary blaming herself.

Maybe I'm just projecting my own hopes here, though?

• Love 1
On 9/3/2016 at 9:06 AM, goldy said:

It's possible. Especially since this spoiler came out right before they started to film episode 6 (I think they're starting next week) which acoording to Andrew Dubb "is set at a hunters wake where they are in room playing hunter drinking games". Maybe they'll use this episode to introduce us to the hunters that later in the season will become "the enemy." 

I'm not sure hunters will be a big bad, so to speak--I'm not sure hunters are organized enough for that--but I wonder if their hunter contacts will be wary of working with them and not very helpful anymore? I would be if I was a hunter. I don't know if they'll be gunning for them like they were back in S5, but maybe more just cut them out of the loop. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

I know how that goes. I really don't know where this new optimism I've found in the show is coming from? I so screwed! ;)

Let's face it. We're all screwed. We've been screwed since we got sucked into this gd show. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Let's face it. We're all screwed. We've been screwed since we got sucked into this gd show. 

I LOVED S11 and can't wait for S12.  I'd be thrilled if they kept going a few more years. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, SueB said:

I LOVED S11 and can't wait for S12.  I'd be thrilled if they kept going a few more years. 

Your reply leaves me thinking I left the impression  I don't love aspects of this GD show. That's not the case.

I wish I liked s11 as much as others. I didn't. The last half was a mess post Safe House IMO and I'm not particularly keen on the spoilers thus far. But I'll show up because what I do love drags me back.

So....I was just watching one of John Barrowman's panels from Denver Comic Con and he was wearing a Castiel dress.  Yes.. because it's John Fucking Barrowman and he can. He mentioned he wants to be on Supernatural, like A LOT, which gods please YES. And then I remembered he played a Nazi in "The Producers" and sang Springtime for Hitler (see below) which lead me to thinking OH MY GODS what if HE shows up as Sassy!Zombie!Hitler? I would forgive so many things if that happened.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SueB said:

I loved season 11 too probably my favorite since season 4. I can't wait for season 12, sad that we still have over a month to wait.

• Love 1
On 9/3/2016 at 6:41 PM, Aeryn13 said:

...Though as always my main interest lies in Dean getting something interesting to do. Last year it was only a handful scenes here and there with the Darkness but the standalones were really bad for him. This year, it appears there isn`t really that much of a story so if he doesn`t get his badassery back in standalones, it looks bleak. 

Be careful what you wish for. Interesting on this show doesn't always equal good... see season 4 for Sam (which - unpopular opinion - was one of my least favorite seasons,) and arguably the beginning of season 6.

As for Dean being badass again, I'm a bit confused, since for me, the last few years for Dean have been some of his most "badass" - at least if you consider the body count, because he racked up a pretty impressive count during season 9 and 10, often knocking off multiple demons and "enhanced" people at a time by himself.

And I loved that Sam got some standalones last year (finally) since Dean got the main storyline... and Dean's was the main storyline. The "main storyline" doesn't always necessarily equal good or interesting either. (See the second half of season 8, for example, and again - in my opinion - season 4. Though I liked Dean's storyline in season 11, myself) In the past when Sam had the main storyline, Dean usually got some great episodes focused on him, and the examples are numerous, including some episodes that Sam (or at least real Sam) was barely in at all or sometimes came out looking fairly bad in. In season 9 and 10, Dean got both the storylines with arc episodes focused on him, and much of the good stuff with the standalones and minor arcs, as well... "Dog Dean Afternoon," "Bad Boys," "About A Boy," the Cole arc. Sam got one sort of episode where the focus was more on him in those seasons - "Mother's Little Helper" and that still had a bunch of backstory in it that wasn't centered on Sam. So I thought it was about time Sam got a few episodes that were focused on him. It had been a while since that had happened. (That one in season 9 and before that "The Born-Again Identity" in season 7.)

I thought that season 11 had some of the better standalone episodes in years, including ones where both Sam and Dean had great parts - "Baby," "Plush," "Into the Mystic," "Beyond the Mat," and "Safe House." "The Vessel" was Dean-focused. "The Chitters" was fairy balanced, too if I remember correctly. I hadn't wanted to rewatch so many episodes right away in 3 seasons (Though season 10 has a few that I really do like... not as many as season 11.)

• Love 1

At this point, I need to see BadAssDean on this show, otherwise my interest wanes to the point that some episodes went completely unwatched in s11. Seasons 9 and 10 renewed my interest in the show because of his return; S11 had me DVRing again at the halfway point because he disappeared again.

From the spoilers we've gotten, it appears to me that they've decided to return Dean/Jensen strictly to the Protector of Sam role, and likely of Mary also, if he stays true to form. The trouble is I'm already getting huge Mary Sue writing vibes concerning Mary's return-which will be disappointing, to say the least, if it turns out that way, as no one will suffer more from that than Dean(IMO). BadAss/ActionDean can easily make his return through any storyline they might come up with IF they can stay away from the Mary Sue/Marty Stu writing style that the old guard used to fall back on all too often and that they seemingly loved to use, especially in the later seasons, to clip the wings of my favorite incarnation of Dean. That kind of writing has become too frustrating for me to watch now.

I wish I could say that the spoilers have me excited for S12, but they just don't. I'll continue to DVR the show, though, just in case it turns out to be better than S11, which was such a huge letdown for me, especially after S9 and most of 10.

13 hours ago, SueB said:

I don't mean to say I didn't enjoy certain aspects of S11, but I think it would be smart of them to wrap it up now. At this point it feels like they keep making the show because they can instead of them actually having a story to tell anymore. Don't get me wrong, they still manage to pull out an enjoyable episode every now and again, though.

I just meant that I'd finally gotten to the point where I had no expectations for the show which made it less heartbreaking. But lately, I've set some expectations--for reasons I can't explain--that the show will probably not live up to. In other words, I'm so screwed.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

I thought that season 11 had some of the better standalone episodes in years, including ones where both Sam and Dean had great parts - "Baby," "Plush," "Into the Mystic," "Beyond the Mat," and "Safe House." "The Vessel" was Dean-focused.

Baby, yes, but the other episodes were very much not to my liking in terms of badassery so those are the kind of episodes I wouldn`t want to see again. And they weren`t even the ones I outright hated. The Vessel was a huge letdown. I think the story would have been better serviced if Dean hadn`t been corporeal in the past but more like an invisible ghost. That would have flowed better with the strict passive observer role.  

I thought the quality of standalones in Seasons 1 and 2 was actually the highest during the show`s run and Season 11 the absolute nadir. Even the car episode wasn`t anything spectacular to me. So overall, I truly enjoyed none of them. Maybe small parts here and there. But I don`t think the current writing team is capable of doing better really. 

Though I liked Dean's storyline in season 11, myself

I thought the idea was intriguing. It was just very disappointing in its execution. 

Though I do really believe that in Season 12 we won`t get any big storyarc. Neither Lucifer, nor Mary, nor the maybe-evil-MOL have enough meat to their bones for it. Lucifer has been reduced to a Crowley-esque presence of comic relief, snark and occasional bouts of danger when convenient, Mary`s return seems to be angst-based, more than in any supernatural storyline and the MOL, I don`t know, Dabb`s entire idea for them seems to be "Mary Sues with an agenda".

• Love 1

I'm trying not to have many expectations this year, and maybe that will work out better for me.  I enjoy the MOW episodes, and it at least appears we may get more of them this year than normal.  I'm all for a smaller "big bad", or multiple medium-sized bads.  I'll be happy with more Crowley and Castiel, but with less angels and demons...they truly bore me to tears.  I'm slowly coming around on the Mary idea, and think that might actually be an interesting storyline, unless they completely screw it up.  Other than that, I want them to continue with the theme from last year of having the boys actually talk to each other...no lying, no denying, just open dialogue.  I hate the other crap because it's just not plausible anymore.  They have to rely too much on one another to keep secrets from each other.  Hmmm, I guess I do have some expectations...

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, goldy said:

This had me in mind of how they used to do those producer/writer previews of each episode--can't remember the last time they did one of those--I didn't realize I kinda missed them.

Well, I like what they're saying about Mary here. It's weird, I was sure at the end of the season Mary wouldn't be around for more than two or three episodes. But then after Comic Con I wondered if she wouldn't stick around till the mid-season finale...now I'm back to thinking she'll be gone after a couple episodes again. I'm nothing if not wishy-washy.

• Love 1

I think she'll be around for the whole season (maybe not for every episode but in the episodes she won't be in, they'll mention her) and then if the fans would like her and the show will get another season she might be in that one too (they can use a good female character imo). If the fans won't like her they'll either kill her or make it like Amara only revived her for a limited time and by the end of the season she'll die again.

She's wearing Dean's jacket again! This is too cute!

• Love 2

It seems like the only way they can bring women into the show on a long term basis is if they are unavailable for romance (Charlie), the big bad (Amara, Abaddon, the Mother of All), or related (Mary).  I'm glad we at least have a few like Jody who appear occasionally without dying, even if they aren't regulars.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

It seems like the only way they can bring women into the show on a long term basis is if they are unavailable for romance (Charlie), the big bad (Amara, Abaddon, the Mother of All), or related (Mary).  I'm glad we at least have a few like Jody who appear occasionally without dying, even if they aren't regulars.

I know what you mean. I hate that its like that. I think both the boys can be really sweet around women because they're both so protective (especially Dean) but I guess most fans prefer the male bonding between the main characters, which is cool, I like it too, but I wouldn't mind seeing Sam and/or Dean having a romantic involvment with a woman, even if its just for a few episodes. JMO.

Edited by goldy
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

Ooh, that got me thinking...it could be fun for Mary to meet Jodi?

18 minutes ago, goldy said:

I think she'll be around for the whole season (maybe not for every episode but in the episodes she won't be in, they'll mention her) and then if the fans would like her and the show will get another season she might be in that one too (they can use a good female character imo). If the fans won't like her they'll either kill her or make it like Amara only revived her for a limited time and by the end of the season she'll die again.

Yeah, I don't know, at first I thought they just did it for shock value--kinda like Demon Dean--but it wasn't going to be a long-term deal. After Comic Con, I got the impression she would be sticking around more. But these last few days I've been thinking she might not be around very long in the end. I keep waffling. It's hard to tell with this show sometimes.

Personally, I hope she does stick around and they recapture some of the parental/mentor relationship they used to have with Bobby. For one, I think it could help make the show less claustrophobic if they had more regulars to focus on than just Sam and Dean. For two, I never really saw them as so codependent as I do now when Bobby was around. I think it could shift the focus from "save my brother" to "save our mother." 

See what I mean by setting expectations...so screwed! ;)

• Love 3

We will be seeing what a great hunter Mary is? That cements it for me, she is gonna be the one who will save Dean and Cas from SuperMOL. And maybe later save Sam by her lonesome. Because apparently the only way to show how great someone is - who has been out of the active life for a few years - is to see them best an opponent who easily kicked around someone who SHOULD actually be an exceptional hunter/fighter and a superpowered being.  Yup, the only way to portray someone as skilled is to make those around them incompetent losers. Typical show.

• Love 2

So it seems like Mary's resurrection is either the night she died or from when she was a ghost in Home. If it's from the night she died that's really terrible continuity to have her just whip out her latent super-hunter skills now which she didn't exhibit at all when the lights started flickering in her house 10 years after she made a deal.  Like she didn't immediately ping that something supernatural was happening her home?

I'd really love to know what Kripke thinks about resurrecting Mary. I mean the mytharc for 5 seasons was all based on Mary's decision to make a deal with Azazel. John's life without his wife lead to him becoming a vengeance driven man who dragged his kids around the country to both protect them and find Azazel.  Mary's death fucked up John forever, which lead to him making some questionable decisions on raising Dean and Sam.  Dean became a caregiving protector/mother-like role for Sam when he was just a child because his mother died. Sam's angst was all about how much his life was tainted by Mary's deal. 

I'm really trying to understand why the show brought Mary back. I just can't shake the problem I have with her series defining death being rendered sort of pointless now.  I know it's not a reset to the past but it completely reframes everything that happened after she died IMO

9 hours ago, goldy said:

She's wearing Dean's jacket again! This is too cute!

If the writers and producers paid attention to fans, they would have gotten rid of Amara after 3 episodes. I may be hanging out with the wrong people, but I don't remember reading that anyone liked her. I really dislike the character, especially her ill-fitting dress.

• Love 1

I think Amara would have been more accepted if she wasn't being so creepy with Dean and if the show wasnt playing around with the gross non consensual quasi sexual dynamic with Dean. Not because "oh no its a woman with Dean but because it was without his consent and actually against his will. I would say the same thing if Chuck was trying to mack on say...jodi or Donna in the same way or if Dean was female.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, goldy said:

Supernatural: How Mary's return will shake things up

'You’re going to see two brothers be sons,' Jensen Ackles tells EW

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/07/supernatural-jensen-ackles-jared-padalecki-mary-winchester

This makes me really excited for the new season, I love the MOW episodes the more the better in my opinion. I think watching how the boys relationship with their mother grows and changes will be interesting. I love they will be on the road more, oh how I miss the motel rooms and the cheesey cool room dividers. 

• Love 1

Okay I have questions.

Based on the sizzle reel and set pics Dean, Cas and Mary are all in the car together and being attacked by whoever that is, I guess the Women of Letters.  So the presumption was that Dean contacts Cas and Cas drives the Impala to wherever Dean and Mary are.  

But how does that work if the above pic has Mary holding a gun to Castiel? That implies that Mary is just encountering Cas for the first time in the bunker. If that is the case how the hell does Dean get back to the bunker?  How does Dean have the Impala if Cas isn't the one that brings it to him?

If Cas doesn't bring Dean the car, that implies that Dean was zapped back to Lawrence and Mary is sent to the same spot only in the present and somehow they make their way back to the bunker which is not in Lawrence but 3 hours away in Lebanon. Do they take a bus? Did Amara zap both Dean and Mary to some field near the bunker? I mean if she went to the trouble of zapping them around why didn't she just send them both straight back to the bunker since she knows where it is...

I'm confused and yes I know 'Wait til the episode airs" but speculation is what we do here. LOL

ETA:  Oh and another thing.

From the article about the boys being sons:

For Sam, it’s his first real chance to meet his mom, who died when he was 6 months old. “I think Sam has glorified mom so much in his head,” Jared Padalecki says. “It’s almost like a blind date and Sam’s already in love with the person he hasn’t met yet. It’s been fun for me, after 240-something episodes, to have a brand-new facet of Sam’s personality to play.”

The bolded part: SAY WHAT?  Sam has said multiple times in the show that Mary never meant that much to him and certainly not as much as she meant to Dean because he didn't know her at all, which actually made sense to me given Mary died when Sam was a baby. He has no memories of her and no attachment to her.   Is it now going to be that Sam was lying about his feelings towards Mary? Or that over the years he fell in love with Mary...based on what? Meeting her once in the past? Looking at two pictures that Dean kept that Sam squirreled away in his keepsake box (shouldn't he give those pictures back to Dean)?  Because he finger kissed her gravestone so that means he was falling in love with her memory?  Also, Jared, dude, could you not be quite so Oedipal about the mother that Sam never met that died when he was  6 months old. LOL O_O

Why can't it just be that Sam is stunned that his mother is alive and now he wants to get to know her.  Why make it so that Sam is so in love with the idea of his mother when that has not been the case that I can recall?  

Edited by catrox14
11 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

This had me in mind of how they used to do those producer/writer previews of each episode--can't remember the last time they did one of those--I didn't realize I kinda missed them.

The last one was for the mid-season finale last year.  Carver did them for almost every episode before the break.  When they came back, he stopped doing them.  That was my first clue that he was leaving the show.

It's funny.  I have zero feelings on Mary's return.  I'm not excited, I'm not apprehensive, I'm not even mildly interested.  I'm full-on "meh" about it.

• Love 1

I hope they don't make it all about Sam and the demon blood, and how guilty Mary feels about all of that.  I think both brothers have suffered equally from what happened that night and I hope the show addresses that.  I don't want them minimizing the effect her death had on Dean.  I have no reason to assume they will, but I'll be pissed if they do.  

I think Jared just likes to talk about all the various versions of Sam he gets to play, and this is just one more.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I think Jared just likes to talk about all the various versions of Sam he gets to play, and this is just one more.

Doesn't he usually have some idea what his character has actually said or done in the past that makes the continuity work?  To be fair, he's probably spouting Dabb's viewpoint so maybe I should be directing my WTFery to Dabb. LOL

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

ETA:  Oh and another thing.

From the article about the boys being sons:

The bolded part: SAY WHAT?  Sam has said multiple times in the show that Mary never meant that much to him and certainly not as much as she meant to Dean because he didn't know her at all, which actually made sense to me given Mary died when Sam was a baby. He has no memories of her and no attachment to her.   Is it now going to be that Sam was lying about his feelings towards Mary? Or that over the years he fell in love with Mary...based on what? Meeting her once in the past? Looking at two pictures that Dean kept that Sam squirreled away in his keepsake box (shouldn't he give those pictures back to Dean)?  Because he finger kissed her gravestone so that means he was falling in love with her memory?  Also, Jared, dude, could you not be quite so Oedipal about the mother that Sam never met that died when he was  6 months old. LOL O_O

Why can't it just be that Sam is stunned that his mother is alive and now he wants to get to know her.  Why make it so that Sam is so in love with the idea of his mother when that has not been the case that I can recall?  

In "The Song Remains the Same", Sam was pretty gobsmacked and said that goofy "you're so beautiful" sitting with Mary.  And Dean had to come up with how Mary looked like their mother.  So, I can see how Mary became mythical to him over the years.  When he was young she was the cause of his Dad's obsession, but then she saved his life in "Home".  And then he found out how complicated and steered her life had been -- I imagine he could relate to having destiny forced upon her by Cupid and YED,  So, since he found out her backstory, I think he's idealized her some.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

The "mom" in the quote is in small letters, so I'm guessing this is more of the show forgetting that Sam grew past his teen and early season years' desire for and rose-colored glasses looking at the "normal life." I'm thinking the "mom" he is in love with is going to be the idea of mom again - that "apple pie life" that he started edging away from in season 2 and openly scoffed at by season 5.* But with the Carver years having Sam go back to wanting the normal life like seasons 5 through 7 didn't happen, I'm guessing that this is going to be another rehash of that. And that Sam will find out that having a mom is more work, frustration, whatever than his fantasy about "mom" lead him to believe,

Either that or Sam is going to learn that Dean was right all along since they were kids and that his not really thinking all that much about "Mom" was wrong, because mom was just as awesome as Dean has always said that she was.

Yes, I know those are both contradictory, but both have Sam learning some sort of lesson and/or that Dean was right. That's typical show go to stuff since the Carver years began.

And I also agree with @SueB that the incidents she mentioned will be the source material they'll use for the first scenario if they go that way.

* It may be because I watched from the beginning. My friend who has been binging the entire series with my DVDs thought that Sam's want to return to a "normal life" in season 8 made sense whereas I thought "what are they talking about? Sam hasn't really wanted that since like season 2. And season 5 put a nail in that coffin."

• Love 1

Sam may not have the specific attachment to Mary that Dean does, but he's not Soulless!Sam. I think almost ANY person who lost a parent at a young age would have some tendency to idealize them. Sam has acknowledged he doesn't feel the same way about Mary that Dean does. I don't think he's ever indicated he doesn't care about her. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, auntvi said:

If the writers and producers paid attention to fans, they would have gotten rid of Amara after 3 episodes. I may be hanging out with the wrong people, but I don't remember reading that anyone liked her. I really dislike the character, especially her ill-fitting dress.

To be honest with you, I'm pretty new to the SPN fandom (binged watched the show's 11 seasons in the last few months) and while I tried not to get too involved in fandom drama (too much Dean vs Sam and Jensen vs Jared talk) I did notice that the writes are trying (but not always succeeding) to please the fandom. For example; most of the fans doesn't like it when Sam and/or Dean are romantically involved so they've been careful not to bring on a female character that can be seen as love interest for the boys. On the other hand, you're right about Amara not being popular among the fans and she still stayed on for the whole season but I suspect that it was because they already wrote her as the season's "big bad" and couldn't just get rid of her mid season.

6 hours ago, Diane said:

This makes me really excited for the new season, I love the MOW episodes the more the better in my opinion. I think watching how the boys relationship with their mother grows and changes will be interesting. I love they will be on the road more, oh how I miss the motel rooms and the cheesey cool room dividers. 

Same here. I think that Mary would be an interesting character and I can't wait to see Sam and Dean's reaction to having her in their life and how its going to change the dynamic between them. I do hope that her character would keep being interesting after the initial shock of her being back though. 

6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Okay I have questions.

Based on the sizzle reel and set pics Dean, Cas and Mary are all in the car together and being attacked by whoever that is, I guess the Women of Letters.  So the presumption was that Dean contacts Cas and Cas drives the Impala to wherever Dean and Mary are.  

But how does that work if the above pic has Mary holding a gun to Castiel? That implies that Mary is just encountering Cas for the first time in the bunker. If that is the case how the hell does Dean get back to the bunker?  How does Dean have the Impala if Cas isn't the one that brings it to him?

If Cas doesn't bring Dean the car, that implies that Dean was zapped back to Lawrence and Mary is sent to the same spot only in the present and somehow they make their way back to the bunker which is not in Lawrence but 3 hours away in Lebanon. Do they take a bus? Did Amara zap both Dean and Mary to some field near the bunker? I mean if she went to the trouble of zapping them around why didn't she just send them both straight back to the bunker since she knows where it is...

I'm confused and yes I know 'Wait til the episode airs" but speculation is what we do here. LOL

My guess is that after Dean saw Mary he probably stole a car and drove them both to the bunker. The Impala is already in the bunker because Sam drove it there before he was taken by the MoL. In the bunker Mary meet Cas for the first time and also they find out about Sam being taken. In the teaser we saw that Dean and Mary were driving the Impala while Cas was driving a different car and only later he joins Dean and Mary in the Impala.

Also; I don't remember where I read it but I saw a spoiler that said that Cas have all of his powers back this year  EXCEPT his teleporting ability. So he won't be zapping anyone anywhere.

From TV line

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2016-season-premiere-spoilers/#!38/undefined/

Lady Toni’s brethren, however, may turn out to be occasional allies in addition to stirring up trouble. “Sometimes, Sam and Dean will be working with them. Sometimes, they’ll be working against them,” Dabb hints. 

BONUS SPOILER!: “We’re putting the focus more on the world of hunters, so some of our past fan favorite hunters will, hopefully, swing through the show,” Dabb teases.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, goldy said:

My guess is that after Dean saw Mary he probably stole a car and drove them both to the bunke

OF course! LOL it didn't occur to me that Dean would steal a car. I don't know why I didn't think of that. DUrrr...I know Cas wouldn't be zapping anyone. My original thoughts were that Dean was just going to call Cas and Cas would drive the car to where Dean and Mary were.  But yes HELLLO of course Dean would steal a car. I'm ashamed that didn't even occur to me. WHOOPS

30 minutes ago, goldy said:

In the teaser we saw that Dean and Mary were driving the Impala while Cas was driving a different car and only later he joins Dean and Mary in the Impala

I don't remember Cas driving a different car. Are you talkinga bout the SUV?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't remember Cas driving a different car. Are you talkinga bout the SUV?

Yes,I was talking about the SUV, but I just re-watched the teaser and I think that it was that "woman of letters" that attacks them (and earlier was torturing Sam) who was driving the SUV, not Cas. My bad.

Edited by goldy
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I'm guessing Dean and Mary are at her grave place, wherever that was. Which isn't far from the bunker, I'd guess, since Rowena said they only had an hour before Dean went nuclear and they drove there...anyhoo, I'm guessing Dean steals a car to get him and Mary back to the bunker and then Cass returns from the angel outfield just in time to tell them Sam has been nabbed. 

13 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Sam has said multiple times in the show that Mary never meant that much to him and certainly not as much as she meant to Dean because he didn't know her at all, which actually made sense to me given Mary died when Sam was a baby. He has no memories of her and no attachment to her.   Is it now going to be that Sam was lying about his feelings towards Mary? Or that over the years he fell in love with Mary...based on what?

I think it'll be like Sam was in The Song Remains the Same. While he may not have the same attachment to Mary Dean does, I'm sure he has some attachment to her memory. 

6 hours ago, goldy said:

From TV line

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2016-season-premiere-spoilers/#!38/undefined/

Lady Toni’s brethren, however, may turn out to be occasional allies in addition to stirring up trouble. “Sometimes, Sam and Dean will be working with them. Sometimes, they’ll be working against them,” Dabb hints. 

BONUS SPOILER!: “We’re putting the focus more on the world of hunters, so some of our past fan favorite hunters will, hopefully, swing through the show,” Dabb teases.

Say what? All the fan-favorite hunters I can think of are dead...are we talking a whole bunch of ghost stories here? ;)

14 hours ago, Diane said:

Oh my Chuck, this made me realize why I probably started suddenly to have expectations. I want them back on the road so bad and all this talk of getting back to hunting... . So, so screwed!

14 hours ago, auntvi said:

Well, by the time we see the first episode, they've already mapped out the first half of the season, shot six or seven of them and have written or are in the process of writing another three. I think they course correct quite frequently with smaller things at the mid-season point, but getting rid of Amara altogether after three episodes would've been totally infeasible. And killing her when they first came back from hiatus would've been totally nonsensical for the story (not that that's stopped them before, though) since they had no real means of doing that at that point. I think the only real option they had was to see it through to the end with Amara regardless of fan reaction. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

the angel outfield just in time to tell them Sam has been nabbed. 

The angel outfield, too funny, just about spit diet Pepsi all over my monitor!

Edited by Diane
  • Love 1