Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)
24 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Flash, Once, Nashville, Bates Motel, Supernatural, Bones, Stranger Things and More

TVLine (Ausiello) spoilers.

@SueB is this you?? ;)

Hmmm... Looks like me (use of the word "intel") but that's not my most recent submission (I think).  Yes, I submit a question every week.  Normally they call me SnazzyO there but not positive, they know my first name is Sue.  So short answer... maybe?  I've had them answer old questions of mine before.  IF I submitted this one it was before the SDCC panels (because we got this answer there).  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, catrox14 said:

So I'm throwing out this wild ass spec.

Adam Rose aka Aaron Bass  tweeted the below.  He's going to Canada. Not sure if it's Vancouver and he could be any number of things BUT since they are shooting the Hitler episode this week...I'm thinking maybe he's going for that? No confirmation from him at all but hey, I'm putting it out there as my guess.

I'm watching Everybody Loves Bacon...er, um...I mean Everybody Hates Hitler and I could totally get behind this. That is, as long as they don't kill off Aaron or his delightful Golem.

• Love 7

Hee, @catrox14. That looks like what my (current) hometown looked like on Tuesday. Apparently they were filming something for The Originals on a few blocks in the downtown area, and there were fans all over. I was surprised to find out it was The Originals, because usually it's The Walking Dead or Rectify that films in our area.

• Love 2

I can totally see Cas developing sort of a crush on Mary.  I doubt they'd actually take it any further than that, but I think it could be a cute storyline.  She's the mother of his boys, so I'm thinking he'd already have a pretty high opinion of her.  And I can see him telling her things they might not want her to know.  I'm actually looking forward to their interaction.

I always wanted more scenes between Cas and Charlie for sort of the same reason, but they definitely screwed that one up when they killed her off in such a hideous way.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

She's the mother of his boys, so I'm thinking he'd already have a pretty high opinion of her.

Yeah, but her opinion of him might be pretty damn low, depending on how much she knows. If she's a blank slate then I could see some fun scenes between her and Castiel, but if she knows what went down over the last eleven years, woo boy, she could be pissed. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bessie said:

Yeah, but her opinion of him might be pretty damn low, depending on how much she knows. If she's a blank slate then I could see some fun scenes between her and Castiel, but if she knows what went down over the last eleven years, woo boy, she could be pissed. 

Why would she be pissed at Cas in particular?  He tried to stop the Apocalpyse right along with the boys once they realized what the score was. 

He fucked up with the Leviathan but again because he thought he was doing the right thing.  Bottom line. He saved Dean from Hell. I think that might earn him a lifetime pass.

He left Sam's soul behind but he did save Sam's life from an eternity of pain and suffering and he padi the price. He tried to save Dean from becoming a demon and was willing to be there with Dean to the end of time.  Mary's beef should be with Azazel, Lucifer, Michael, Zachariah instead of Cas

• Love 1

More set videos and pics

HOLY CRAP. I'm just gonna be watching this on loop til the season starts. Jensen peeling out in Baby and doing a fish tail (yes he did that on purpose I'm pretty sure). HELP ME
Edited by catrox14
30 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Why would she be pissed at Cas in particular? 

Well, I was replying to MysteryGuest's post about the interactions between Mary and Cas so that's why I was discussing her reaction to Cas and not any other character. And I think she could be pissed at Castiel not that she will be. Nor that I want her to be. I just believe that if she knows the history between the boys and Cas, a less than warm reaction to him would be perfectly reasonable on her part. 

Honestly?  I'd be far more interested in seeing her interact with Crowley and/or Rowena. 

Edited by Bessie

I'm sure we'll see her interact with Crowley and Rowena at some point, but I just think her scenes with Cas might be fun.  Dean, Sam and Castiel have all done quite a few things out of desperation, but Mary knows the hunting life, so I think she'd understand better than most.  I don't see her holding that against Cas any more than she would against Sam and Dean.

Having Aaron Bass back would be great.  I really enjoyed that episode, and they definitely left it open-ended enough for him to return.

Seeing all of these set pictures is making me very eager for the season to begin.  I'm holding out hope that all of the new writers will breathe new life into the show.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Have you ever seen them filming Walking Dead? Have you seen Andy Lincoln IRL or Danai?

No, not really. Some of the scenes they film downtown are closed set (police patrol the area) so often the fans wait near the trailer areas (there's a parking lot downtown across from the post office they use.) I usually just see the equipment they use for filming - and of course all of the trailers for equipment, crew, and cast. When they film on campus where I work, it's often inside (Eugene's ammunition building is on our campus), but some people have gotten photos with the stars and/or autographs before.

I do enjoy seeing the scenes though. One of the more recognizable was the scene where Abraham took the bazooka from the walker hanging off the bridge. That bridge is downtown and you can see some of the buildings of downtown Griffin in the background of the scene. Another Griffin scene - though not downtown - was the one with the walker trap in the truck trailers. That's a closed textile plant as far as I know.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

No, not really. Some of the scenes they film downtown are closed set (police patrol the area) so often the fans wait near the trailer areas (there's a parking lot downtown across from the post office they use.) I usually just see the equipment they use for filming - and of course all of the trailers for equipment, crew, and cast. When they film on campus where I work, it's often inside (Eugene's ammunition building is on our campus), but some people have gotten photos with the stars and/or autographs before.

I do enjoy seeing the scenes though. One of the more recognizable was the scene where Abraham took the bazooka from the walker hanging off the bridge. That bridge is downtown and you can see some of the buildings of downtown Griffin in the background of the scene. Another Griffin scene - though not downtown - was the one with the walker trap in the truck trailers. That's a closed textile plant as far as I know.

That's cool. YEARS ago I watched them filming Silk Stalkings. It was interesting but kind of boring too LOL

So Adam Rose is in Vancouver and has been snapchatting. He's using the #snapfam. He's still not saying what show but he dropped a clue with #snapfam and he pointed at someone on his phone asking if it's SPN. He's on set right now. PLEASE let him be doing SPN.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

So Adam Rose is in Vancouver and has been snapchatting. He's using the #snapfam. He's still not saying what show but he dropped a clue with #snapfam and he pointed at someone on his phone asking if it's SPN. He's on set right now. PLEASE let him be doing SPN.

I so hope so

• Love 2
10 hours ago, catrox14 said:

More BTS pics and vids

I don't think this is Rachel Miner. I can't tell. That would be something if it is.

Doesn't look like Rachael Miner to me either. My initial thought was it could be Madison McLaughlin (Krissy). But then I looked a bit closer and that doesn't really fit either. On closer inspection I realized she's probably not anyone we know and just a weekly person in peril, but I'd love to see Meg back on the show somehow. 

• Love 2

I think it's great to have a Cas centric episode and I'll enjoy it, that's really not what I want. I want him with the boys and yes specifically Dean, not in a shippy way but them on missions. I'm also terrified that a Cas centric episode is a prelude to his demise. :( because that's what this show does. I suspect it being the 12th episode is also giving Jensen time to be with his new babies.

• Love 2

I like Cas, I think he's an OK character, but he's not the reason I watch this show. Cas is mainly interesting to me when his storyline involved Sam and Dean. So I can't say I'm too excited to have a Cas centric episode. 

• Love 1

I don't mind the occasional Cas-centric (or Jodi or Donna or Rowena) episode because it gives Jared and Jensen a break.  So many characters have been killed off in the Carver years that hardly an episode went by without one of them in every scene.  That has to be exhausting -- not to mention make them more prone to burn-out.

Crowley still needs to die, though.

• Love 2

Referencing episode 12, Dabb says, “That’s very heavily about Castiel and the journey he’s been on, some things from his past that we’re not aware of are getting brought to light.”

I really liked the bit in "The Man Who Would Be King" where he talked about "not that fish" and the tower of dung.  So, some revisit of past events (although Flashbacks with Cas' body seem out of the question) would be kind of cool.  I think they can build on Naomi's "crack in the chassis" comment.  

And yes, Jensen definitely needs a mid-season break.  In fact... let me put my math hat on.  EP 12 last year was filmed...*checks BTS pics of Kim Rhodes on set*... around Nov 17th.  And I recall they showed what LOOKED like J2 at Thanksgiving dinner but was really Sam and Dean at Jody's table.  Which makes me suspect that the twins are due at the end of November ... which is consistent with "due later this year" when the twins were announced. So, the timing is good. 

• Love 1

Personally, I'm excited for a Cass-centric episode. I wish the show would use it's cast more this way. Not only to give Jared and Jensen a break, but the show has gotten so claustrophobic lately and there's really not much left to tell about Sam and Dean we don't already know. I'm still miffed they didn't seem to use Kevin to their advantage more. He would've been a perfect way to explore the bunker since he was basically stuck there in S9. But instead, they shipped him off to freakin' Branson... .

That's not to say I don't also want Cass brought back into the fold, though. Does it have to be only one or the other...why can't I have everything I want? ;)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'm still miffed they didn't seem to use Kevin to their advantage more. He would've been a perfect way to explore the bunker since he was basically stuck there in S9.

You can say that again.  Bah.  Carver and his stupid drama.

• Love 3

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/02/spoiler-room-supernatural-greys-anatomy

Anything on Supernatural’s big bad in season 12? — Cady
Only if you mean big bads, plural. “At the beginning of the season, Lucifer’s still out there. You’ve got the British Men of Letters, and you’ve got a couple other players,” showrunner Andrew Dabb says. “It’s less Sam and Dean having to go up against one enemy and it’s more Sam and Dean, especially as the season progresses, feeling they’re surrounded by enemies, some of whom may be people they have viewed as allies up until this point.” *Please don’t be Cas. Please don’t be Cas.*

6 hours ago, goldy said:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/02/spoiler-room-supernatural-greys-anatomy

Anything on Supernatural’s big bad in season 12? — Cady
Only if you mean big bads, plural. “At the beginning of the season, Lucifer’s still out there. You’ve got the British Men of Letters, and you’ve got a couple other players,” showrunner Andrew Dabb says. “It’s less Sam and Dean having to go up against one enemy and it’s more Sam and Dean, especially as the season progresses, feeling they’re surrounded by enemies, some of whom may be people they have viewed as allies up until this point.” *Please don’t be Cas. Please don’t be Cas.*

I'm leaning towards it being other hunters. The Winchesters have played fast and loose with the supernatural over the last few years between allying themselves with Crowley and Rowena to using the Book of the Damned to Dean having the Mark of Cain and becoming a demon... . Much like the MoL, I'm thinking other hunters will probably be looking at Sam and Dean through a very narrow lens and see them as a problem more to be solved.  

• Love 2

I really am surprised they give as much away about this show as they do.  It's one thing to tease about storylines, but I think they actually give up too much information.  I know I could simply stay out of this thread, but I enjoy the speculation.  

We obviously know Sam isn't dead, and from the pictures we've seen, he doesn't even look as though he was shot.  We know that Cas comes to Dean's rescue to help him deal with Mary, even though it does seem that they run into a bit of trouble from the MOL on the way.  But those were the big cliffhangers from last year, and we already know how they turn out...at least for the most part.  I'm sort of disappointed.

But it was pretty much a given how they would turn out. We knew Sam would be ultimately okay. Even if Lady Deadeyes had shot him dead, we knew this because the show is gonna have a 12th Season. And everything with Mary and the MOL was utterly predictable too.

So for me it is not that they are actually too spoilery, it is they really give away nothing because apparently there is nothing to give away. I have not heard a single thing that I would actually consider a spoiler here. Other than maybe Lucifer jumps vessels. And in the grand scheme of things: eh.    

At this point, I highly doubt they really have an actual story to tell. Even last year they only technically had one but didn`t bother enough to really tell it. This year I get the feeling that they don`t even had an idea so much as plan to randomely throw things at the wall and call it a Season afterwards.   

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I really am surprised they give as much away about this show as they do.  It's one thing to tease about storylines, but I think they actually give up too much information.  I know I could simply stay out of this thread, but I enjoy the speculation.  

We obviously know Sam isn't dead, and from the pictures we've seen, he doesn't even look as though he was shot.  We know that Cas comes to Dean's rescue to help him deal with Mary, even though it does seem that they run into a bit of trouble from the MOL on the way.  But those were the big cliffhangers from last year, and we already know how they turn out...at least for the most part.  I'm sort of disappointed.

I guess they figure they might as well just put it out there since we already knew Sam wasn't dead? They could've left Mary and Dean's side of things a bit more mysterious, though, but in the end I think they figure someone's gonna spoil it for them anyway, might as well just put it out there themselves. 

However, it could be that even though we know that Sam doesn't die, we don't really know as much as we think? I know, I know, but a girl can hope, can't she? ;)

43 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'm leaning towards it being other hunters. The Winchesters have played fast and loose with the supernatural over the last few years between allying themselves with Crowley and Rowena to using the Book of the Damned to Dean having the Mark of Cain and becoming a demon... . Much like the MoL, I'm thinking other hunters will probably be looking at Sam and Dean through a very narrow lens and see them as a problem more to be solved.  

It's possible. Especially since this spoiler came out right before they started to film episode 6 (I think they're starting next week) which acoording to Andrew Dubb "is set at a hunters wake where they are in room playing hunter drinking games". Maybe they'll use this episode to introduce us to the hunters that later in the season will become "the enemy." 

Possibly. Though, I have to chuckle at the thought because ARE hunters their allies? We`ve met a few, most of have been old friends or aquaintances from John they have known since childhood, some have been outright enemies, a lot died.

But did the Winchesters themselves make any hunter friends over the course of the years? I dare say that couple in last year`s episode with the Mexican? monster was the very first time. Gordon was an attempt but that didn`t work out. Jo, she was an aquaintance that also came through John. Okay, Garth could count, if you squint. I don`t count Charlie because they met her as a civilian. 

Compared to John who made so many contacts that later came back as "old friends", his sons have never build their own network of hunting buddies. Something I always expected to happen but the show loves it claustrophobic, creepily-codependent atmosphere too much, I guess.

Cas is the closest thing they ever made as a friend on their own.

Coupled with the things other hunters might have heard about them at this point, starting an apocalypse every other year or so, why would they even believe they would be regarded well in the hunting community? Just because it`s the same profession? If you never reach out and make allies, you can`t expect to have them later on.  

• Love 1

Cas is more than an ally. He's family.  I don't think it's him. I'd be LIVID if they made Cas an enemy to the boys.  That would be HORRIBLE and sick and gross. Like the literal worst thing they could. Besides Cas already went down that path in s6. 

Maybe it's hunter friends of Rudy who was killed whilst working with Dean. The show's narrative blames Dean but I don't because Rudy ignored Dean's advice to stand down from the case altogether. There is no way to know that the vampire wouldn't have killed Rudy anyway.  I

I wouldn't be surprised if the EVMoL has been bad mouthing the boys to the hunter community because they believe  Sam and Dean are bad news but also because they have to blame someone for their own failures to protect humanity or even keep their own rogue members in check see: Cuthbert Sinclair and the Werther Box. 

There is the young hunter network with Krissy. Maybe one of them turns on them with the MoL.

Maybe it's some people connected to the Campbells now that Mary is back.

I agree that it would've been better storytelling to create more relationships between the boys and other hunters. But I don't discount the hunter allies they've had who were John's old contacts. The thing is, the writers have killed off every single one of them except for the gay hunter couple, Garth and Eileen. (And I was holding my breath through those episodes thinking they'd be next.) Rufus, Bobby, Jo, Ellen, Charlie, Ash, Kevin - everyone who was on the front lines with them is dead. Except for Cas. 

I know this is sappy, but I really wanted the British MoL to be friendly allies. And maybe that will still happen. But then I think, if you're friends with the winchesters, you're pretty much dead. I'm honestly surprised that Jody and Donna are still around. Probably because they're on the periphery of the boys' lives. 

I think we're supposed to assume that Sam and Dean have a network of other hunters they have crossed paths with.  They have had them drop names every once in a while about calling someone else to handle a certain case, or referencing female hunters they've "worked" with...wink, wink.  It's a narrow world we see because it's a small budget show.  Unless the episode specifically revolves around some other hunter(s), we're not going to see them, but I don't think we're supposed to believe they aren't around.  

Edited by MysteryGuest

I think we're supposed to assume that Sam and Dean have a network of other hunters they have crossed paths with.

That is really just so lazy storytelling as to be completely unacceptable to me. If a show never bothers to show me any world-building and then later pulls stuff out of its ass when it`s convenient, it falls apart for me. And I don`t buy that it is about budget. There are shows I just know have a much tighter budget than this one and they can manage to show a lot with it. 

Like at the beginning of Season 8, they made such a big deal out of how Sam didn`t have any avenues to turn to after Dean`s disappearance and was all alone and bam, as soon as he wanted to make a move against Benny, along comes some hunter contact named Martin. Bullshit.   

And they do it with everything. Any point they want to make they will hammer home through repeated dialogue and stupid "parallels"/anvils. There is an apocalypse going on that you never see? Easy, just say often enough how there is an apocalypse going on. Dean is one breath away from being utterly evol on the spot due to the MOC right this second but you don`t really see that? Easy fix: Sam and Cas will turn to the camera and beam it into audience`s brain via dialogue. Dean just can`t help himself in doing what the Darkness wants even though he never really does what she wants? You just wait, everyone and their kitchen sink will tell him that this is what he is doing regardless. Don`trust your eyes, trust the dialogue, folks.

Heck, they even do it with relationships. People are such good friends and love each other so much - at least when it`s time for a big speech-making scene about it - but day-to-day, it couldn`t be more "eh". But I guess if they showed all this inconsequential world-building stuff, they would have to take valid time out of dogfucking jokes and its ilk. 

So, if this episode with the hunter`s wake features some heretofore never-shown hunting buddies, my response is gonna be: fuck you, show. In each Season (even the ones I like) there are still at least 5 episodes I could readily throw out to make room for developing such connections, getting to know such side characters so that when something happens with them, it is actually meaningful to me. That`s 5 times 40 minutes times 11 Seasons, that`s roughly the length of the Marvel cinematic universe at this point.   

Now, if they spring such characters on me in a random episode, what do I care if they die or turn on the Winchesters or something? I don`t know them from Adam, I have never seen them interact with the brothers before they do whatever they do. As a result, even if the brothers would feel angry, pained or betrayed or any combination thereof, it would mean nothing.      

Edited by Aeryn13
12 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Like at the beginning of Season 8, they made such a big deal out of how Sam didn`t have any avenues to turn to after Dean`s disappearance and was all alone and bam, as soon as he wanted to make a move against Benny, along comes some hunter contact named Martin. Bullshit.   

While I agree they do pull stuff out of their asses, Martin was introduced in s5 in Sam, Interrupted as a mental patient in the institution. That was why Dean was so pissed at Sam for bringing in a hunter who was not altogether together and couldn't be trusted. Sam did use that resource but not when he wanted to run away from hunting.

I'm trying to think of all the hunters we've seen on screen thus far non Winchester division

Pastor Jim? ( was he a hunter?)
Bobby-dead
Rufus- dead
The Campbell Clan - all dead
Jo/Ellen/Ellen Husband - all dead
Ash- dead
Martin - dead
The guy in Metamorphosis
Gordon-dead
The hunters that gathered at Harvelle's who might still be around
Krissy and the teenagers
Walt and Roy from DSoTM( I wouldn't mind at all if they resurfaced and it would make sense)
The hunter that had the Colt
The deaf Hunter in s11 ( I can't remember her name)
Rudy - dead
Ennis from Bloodlines (I would not put it past Dabb to bring him back)
Cole, who was on a path to be a hunter, who I forgot about until now. Hmmm he might be a likely candidate for turning against Dean and Sam. 

Hunter adjacent -
Jody
Donna

Edited by catrox14
17 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Now, if they spring such characters on me in a random episode, what do I care if they die or turn on the Winchesters or something? I don`t know them from Adam, I have never seen them interact with the brothers before they do whatever they do. As a result, even if the brothers would feel angry, pained or betrayed or any combination thereof, it would mean nothing.  

I tend to agree with you on this. When was the last time the writers introduced a new character who stuck around for a couple seasons and was friends with the winchesters?  Charlie, maybe?  I can't remember.

10 minutes ago, Bessie said:

When was the last time the writers introduced a new character who stuck around for a couple seasons and was friends with the winchesters?

Jody and Donna are their friends, and they've been around now for a few seasons.  I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice if we could have episodes showing all of these other hunters out there, but I don't think it's going to happen on this particular show.   Chalk it up to low budget, bad writing, whatever you want, but I don't think it means the Winchesters don't know any other hunters.

I also think it's been shown that most of the hunters we have met like to work on their own...Gordon, Isaac and Tamara, etc.  They weren't looking to align with the Winchesters, or anyone else.  

• Love 1

Chalk it up to low budget, bad writing, whatever you want, but I don't think it means the Winchesters don't know any other hunters.

Though for me that is what it shows. I realize that is not the intention but if they can`t be bothered to actually show something so integral, then yes, I take away from it that it is not there. That means this hunter episode or any potential "hunters will turn out to be enemies we thought to be allies" stories already have no way of working. No matter how they do it now, no groundwork, no pay-off.

The first two episodes this Season already seem padded. If the Winchesters reunite roughly at the end of the second episode - the guys have been shooting together by ep 3 and it`s a standalone - that means two eps of gratuitous torture, Lady Deadeyes, Lucifer shenanigans again, Mary being depressed and Dean and Cas being knocked around by an ridiculous Mary Sue-MOL and possibly rescued by back-from-the-dead-Mary in a scene I found offensive even in the little Comic Con blip. Then there will be a "funny" take on Hitler. Will it be even more offensive than dog-fucking jokes? Possibly. And now this.

So far, maybe the Cas episode sounds mildly intriguing. Provided they don`t find a way to not fuck it up and retcon too much.  

Though as always my main interest lies in Dean getting something interesting to do. Last year it was only a handful scenes here and there with the Darkness but the standalones were really bad for him. This year, it appears there isn`t really that much of a story so if he doesn`t get his badassery back in standalones, it looks bleak.   

• Love 1

Well, I guess it all depends on what your expectations are for the show.  I've pretty much accepted the fact that the storyline will have holes, they will take it in directions I wish they wouldn't (Mary and Lucifer, to name just 2), and the writing will probably be less than stellar.  But with all of that being said, I still enjoy the relationship between Sam and Dean (unless they bring back all the unnecessary angst and lying), and their interactions with Cas and Crowley.  And as much as I've complained about Mary being back, I am interested to see where they go with her storyline.  It's at least different, so maybe it won't be horrible.  I know...hardly a ringing endorsement, but they could surprise us.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Pastor Jim? ( was he a hunter?)
Bobby-dead
Rufus- dead
The Campbell Clan - all dead
Jo/Ellen/Ellen Husband - all dead
Ash- dead
Martin - dead
The guy in Metamorphosis
Gordon-dead
The hunters that gathered at Harvelle's who might still be around
Krissy and the teenagers
Walt and Roy from DSoTM( I wouldn't mind at all if they resurfaced and it would make sense)
The hunter that had the Colt
The deaf Hunter in s11 ( I can't remember her name)
Rudy - dead
Ennis from Bloodlines (I would not put it past Dabb to bring him back)
Cole, who was on a path to be a hunter, who I forgot about until now. Hmmm he might be a likely candidate for turning against Dean and Sam. 

Hunter adjacent -
Jody
Donna

You forgot Garth.  [although his hunter status might be best labeled as inactive, seeing as he's a werewolf now]  (he is still alive, isn't he??)

And Claire Novak;  a wanna-be hunter.

The brutal fact is that hunting being what it is, Sam and Dean could know and be friends with hundreds over the years , but they're always dying or being forced to retire due to injuries, whether mental or physical, so the circle decreases then occasionally increases.

• Love 2