Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

So, because I'm kind of obsessed with Dean's wardrobe, is Dean wearing a new tie?

Also, isn't this the day they are supposed to film until the wee hours of the morning?

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

The first half of season is the hunt for Lucifer, who's body jumping.

This also implies that  Cas will be separated from the boys once the premiere is over since he's the one hunting down Lucifer. Sigh. :(

Mary's a hunter, was trained as a hunter and knows her stuff, and hunting is probably the only thing she feels comfortable with at this point. She's not comfortable with her sons because she's meeting them 30 years later.

Mary is brought back from the dead and she's just gonna go back to hunting when she hasn't hunted in 30 years and who knows what's wrong with her mind after being fucking burned alive? I almost expect them to not even address her trauma. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Mary is brought back from the dead and she's just gonna go back to hunting when she hasn't hunted in 30 years

I'm still not comfortable with this Mary storyline, there's too many ways to screw it up.  Is she going to know she is/was dead? Is she happy that she was brought back (is she a human? a spirit?).  I really don't think we needed this in the story. I hope I am wrong.

I actually like the idea of Lucifer in a bunch of different fun bodies. Love the Rick Springfield idea-I think he will be great. Wonder who else they are getting?  Im glad that Cas wants revenge on Lucifer and I hope he gets it.  

Edited by Boopsahoy
typos
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Boopsahoy said:

I actually like the idea of Lucifer in a bunch of different fun bodies. Love the Rick Springfield idea-I think he will be great. Wonder who else they are getting?  Im glad that Cas wants revenge on Lucifer and I hope he gets it.  

I haven't been keeping up on all this stuff this year, just wondering where I might find something on this? I mean, I've heard Cass will be hunting Lucifer, but I just assumed it would be because Cass knows he's the one who let him out and would be trying to clean up that mess. Not too excited about the idea that Cass will be searching for revenge. Revenge for what exactly? Lucifer didn't do anything to Cass that Cass didn't let him do. And, I thought the show settled on revenge being a kind of hollow pursuit? 

And just when I was feeling hopeful about the show again.  Why do you do this to me show? ;)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

This also implies that  Cas will be separated from the boys once the premiere is over since he's the one hunting down Lucifer. Sigh. :(

Mary is brought back from the dead and she's just gonna go back to hunting when she hasn't hunted in 30 years and who knows what's wrong with her mind after being fucking burned alive? I almost expect them to not even address her trauma. 

I'm pretty sure for Mary it hasn't been 30 years.  One minute she's burning on the ceiling and the next she dtanding in a park (?) flipping a dude who calls her 'Mom' onto his back.   And they've suggested she occasionally hunted after getting married. Perhaps to keep her local area 'safe'.  So she's not that rusty. 

The he simplest answer is for her to NOT' remember the burning but it would provide more angst if she did.  But I also don't expect it to be a huge deal addressed on screen. It MAY have some traumatic impact on her but having a healthy chat about it seems unlikely. It's Supernatural after all. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Not too excited about the idea that Cass will be searching for revenge. Revenge for what exactly? Lucifer didn't do anything to Cass that Cass didn't let him do. And, I thought the show settled on revenge being a kind of hollow pursuit? 

Which would make sense for Rowena to want revenge, not Cas.

Put them together, though, and we might have an interesting team.  I might even watch it if they turned it into a spin-off.  ;-)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SueB said:

I'm pretty sure for Mary it hasn't been 30 years.  One minute she's burning on the ceiling and the next she dtanding in a park (?) flipping a dude who calls her 'Mom' onto his back.   And they've suggested she occasionally hunted after getting married. Perhaps to keep her local area 'safe'.  So she's not that rusty. 

The he simplest answer is for her to NOT' remember the burning but it would provide more angst if she did.  But I also don't expect it to be a huge deal addressed on screen. It MAY have some traumatic impact on her but having a healthy chat about it seems unlikely. It's Supernatural after all. 

Someone is gonna need to convince me that Mary is not going to be damaged. And really I personally will find it a bunch of shit if she doesn't remember or the show doesn't spend at least some cursory discussion of why she doesn't remember. The show spent not nearly enough on Dean's Hell time but at least a handful of conversations and like a season and a half on Sam's mental state after being in the cage.  To me if the show just has Mary all hunky dory, I'm throwing the bullshit flag.

We got the explanation that Dean's wounds were healed by Cas but his memories were in tact. Sam had to have a wall installed by Death to survive getting his soul back. To me if she remembers being a hunter then she should remember her children and her horrible death unless Amara selectively reconstituted Mary's mind which I will find very unsatisfying.

The only reason I can see for Cas to seek vengeance is on behalf of Sam and Dean. Lucifer beat the crap out of both of them. He tried to kill them both in the Vessel. The only reason he didn't harm Sam more is because Cas fought through to stop him. 

Do we know that Amara reconstituted Mary or did she pluck her out of her own time (which was pretty much up, considering she showed up in the Nightgown o'Doom);  kind of like Abbadon pulled out Crowley's son just before his ship went down.  So it's possible that she picked Mary out of 1983 just *before* she combusted (actually, it would have to be before she got ripped open, which came before the flames--so I'd go for her  in the hallway tapping the flickering lights).  Of course, in theory that would cause major time-reset problems because then John wouldn't see her burning and start the whole "something is out there" obsession, but when has that ever stopped the writers before?  (Having just watched Let It Bleed on TNT this morning, I always wondered how much Cas reset:   not only Lisa and Ben, but all the hospital workers, crushing her car to look like it had been in an accident, setting her up with insurance to pay for the hospital stay, and what the hell did he do with Lisa's new boyfriend who, last we saw, was lying corkscrewed on her living room floor?  Not to mention all the photos and memories of Lisa and Dean with all their friends and neighbors.)   

Of course, if Amara actually reconstituted Mary, she could put in (or leave out) whatever memories she wanted; so it makes sense for her to put Mary back as Dean last remembered her (Despite all the fanfic to the contrary, the pilot never showed that Dean saw his mom burning...)    

About Lucifer, I'm kind of lost.  Didn't he turn into--sort of--a good guy after he and his Dad hugged it out? Chuck apologized, which was all Luci really wanted and why he was acting out?  Then he went on to help when they tried to kill Amara and got toasted before he could do anything else bad.  So is it just revenge for everything he'd done over the past millennium or two?  Or more personal--because of Sam, or possessing Cas, or trying to kill Dean (again?) Or did I miss something?  (Which is quite likely--I haven't been paying that much attention to the last 4 or 5 seasons.)  Because it didn't really seem like Chuck wanted to punish his prodigal son...

9 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

So it's possible that she picked Mary out of 1983 just *before* she combusted (actually, it would have to be before she got ripped open, which

I was thinking maybe she reconstituted her from right after she burned which is why she has the nightgown.  If she plucks her out of her timeline before death..well that's got to mess with the timeline. It just has too. How can it not? 

6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I was thinking maybe she reconstituted her from right after she burned which is why she has the nightgown.  If she plucks her out of her timeline before death..well that's got to mess with the timeline. It just has too. How can it not? 

The same way no one ever noticed Sam and Dean being brought back to life repeatedly (not even Walt and Roy noticed!)  

Her timeline was over (just like Crowley's son...who, come to think of it, is still out there somewhere changing timelines himself!)  The only complication would be if John didn't start hunting because he didn't see her on the ceiling.  But there are other ways to start that, if The Writers Want It So.  

Just now, ahrtee said:

The same way no one ever noticed Sam and Dean being brought back to life repeatedly (not even Walt and Roy noticed!)  

Her timeline was over (just like Crowley's son...who, come to think of it, is still out there somewhere changing timelines himself!)  The only complication would be if John didn't start hunting because he didn't see her on the ceiling.  But there are other ways to start that, if The Writers Want It So.  

The boys weren't taken out of their own timelines permanently though. Even in the time travel episodes their were returned to their timelines. If Mary didn't die before Amara took her out of her timeline then she has been put into a time she's not supposed to be in. That's a problem.

One thing that would be cool is if Death isn't really dead but just decided to take a vacation but he comes back because he's pissed that Amara fucked with the natural order.

I'm thinking Mary was plucked from wherever she's spent the last 30 odd years.  I don't think we pick up from before she burns on the ceiling.  I'm going to assume she'll remember at least seeing someone in Sam's room, but don't know that she'll know right away that it was the YED until the boys tell her.  She might though.  As for the nightgown, I'm assuming you don't get a new wardrobe in heaven, or wherever she's been all this time.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 1

I can only believe Gavin was plucked from an alternate timeline because otherwise Weekend at Bobby's couldn't have happened. And I love that shit.

I guess they could do a similar thing with Mary? Wizards is probably a better explanation with that one, though.

39 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

About Lucifer, I'm kind of lost.  Didn't he turn into--sort of--a good guy after he and his Dad hugged it out? Chuck apologized, which was all Luci really wanted and why he was acting out?  Then he went on to help when they tried to kill Amara and got toasted before he could do anything else bad.  So is it just revenge for everything he'd done over the past millennium or two?  Or more personal--because of Sam, or possessing Cas, or trying to kill Dean (again?) Or did I miss something?  (Which is quite likely--I haven't been paying that much attention to the last 4 or 5 seasons.)  Because it didn't really seem like Chuck wanted to punish his prodigal son...

I wouldn't characterize Lucifer helping because he was a good guy. I'd say he helped because he didn't want to die along with everyone and everything else if Amara had her way. They're gonna have to do a lot more than give him a hug from God for me to see him as a "good" guy. 

Hey, I was just saying to a friend that Lucifer is like one of the most powerful things in creation now that God and Amara left and the angels wings are clipped. But, what if he's not? What I mean is, perhaps Amara did something to him that depowered him somehow? Maybe that's why he's jumping hosts and hiding rather than taking back his seat in Hell or Heaven, for that matter?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

The boys weren't taken out of their own timelines permanently though. Even in the time travel episodes their were returned to their timelines. If Mary didn't die before Amara took her out of her timeline then she has been put into a time she's not supposed to be in. That's a problem.

One thing that would be cool is if Death isn't really dead but just decided to take a vacation but he comes back because he's pissed that Amara fucked with the natural order.

It would have been permanent if someone hadn't chucked 'em back to earth/life.  Time travel eps were intended to bring them back to the proper time in order to fix something that had been screwed up (ie, the Titanic being un-sunk, Mother being brought out of Purgatory, or Anna killing John and/or Mary in 1979) and generally they had a part to play at that particular time, which is why they were returned right on time.  

Mary's timeline was supposed to end on Nov. 2, 1983.  They didn't even have a body to bury.  Her disappearing from then and showing up in 2016 won't change the past (assume they give another reason for John to start hunting), it'll only change events from this point on.  And that didn't seem to worry the writers about Crowley's son.

I do like your idea that Death may show up again, flinging his hands in the air and shouting "really?"  

Just now, Demented Daisy said:

Hey, if Sam can leave his cell phone behind in the old west....

Exactly!  So Sam Colt had access to "advanced technology" (long enough to figure out how it works) and it didn't seem to hurt anything.  

Writers can do whatever they want for the sake of the story.  Sad but true.

49 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Do we know that Amara reconstituted Mary or did she pluck her out of her own time (which was pretty much up, considering she showed up in the Nightgown o'Doom);  kind of like Abbadon pulled out Crowley's son just before his ship went down.  So it's possible that she picked Mary out of 1983 just *before* she combusted (actually, it would have to be before she got ripped open, which came before the flames--so I'd go for her  in the hallway tapping the flickering lights).  Of course, in theory that would cause major time-reset problems because then John wouldn't see her burning and start the whole "something is out there" obsession, but when has that ever stopped the writers before?  (Having just watched Let It Bleed on TNT this morning, I always wondered how much Cas reset:   not only Lisa and Ben, but all the hospital workers, crushing her car to look like it had been in an accident, setting her up with insurance to pay for the hospital stay, and what the hell did he do with Lisa's new boyfriend who, last we saw, was lying corkscrewed on her living room floor?  Not to mention all the photos and memories of Lisa and Dean with all their friends and neighbors.)   

Of course, if Amara actually reconstituted Mary, she could put in (or leave out) whatever memories she wanted; so it makes sense for her to put Mary back as Dean last remembered her (Despite all the fanfic to the contrary, the pilot never showed that Dean saw his mom burning...)    

Chuck did say Lucifer was kinda a schmuck BEFORE the Mark PLUS he's been mentally warped for eons. I think Chuck wanted Luci's help in the showdown but he was controlling what Lucifer could do. Now he's a free-range Satan and Cas spent enough time with him to know he's got to be dealt with. I think Luci realizes being Sad's replacement isn't going to work (no one likes him). And he's sort of worked out his issues. So now he just wants to party, stay out of the cage, and probably leave a trail of bodies as he burns they vessels and also kills people who tick him off. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I can only believe Gavin was plucked from an alternate timeline because otherwise Weekend at Bobby's couldn't have happened. And I love that shit.

I guess they could do a similar thing with Mary? Wizards is probably a better explanation with that one, though.

I wouldn't characterize Lucifer helping because he was a good guy. I'd say he helped because he didn't want to die along with everyone and everything else if Amara had her way. They're gonna have to do a lot more than give him a hug from God for me to see him as a "good" guy. 

Hey, I was just saying to a friend that Lucifer is like one of the most powerful things in creation now that God and Amara left and the angels wings are clipped. But, what if he's not? What I mean is, perhaps Amara did something to him that depowered him somehow? Maybe that's why he's jumping hosts and hiding rather than taking back his seat in Hell or Heaven, for that matter?

Trying to figure out the dynamics of time travel (including alternate timelines) gives me a big honking headache.  (I think various characters in Star Trek have said the same over the years...)  I think I'll go along with Wizards.

I guess I didn't really mean Lucifer was a good guy...just that he'd more or less been de-fanged.  Promised not to break any more of dad's toys, or something.  But isn't redemption one of SPN's recurring (and major) themes?  

About Lucifer being the most powerful being now...I hadn't really thought about it.  Chuck didn't really name a successor, did he?  And with all the archangels gone (or helpless), and Chuck not bothering to put them back together again, that seems to leave a pretty big power vacuum.  Maybe he's expecting (hoping) the angels will develop free will enough to set up their own government?  (The King is abdicating and leaving the country in the hands of the people...)  I don't think he'd do that if he expected Lucifer to start breaking things again.  But maybe not.  

I've had a theory about God, the Winchesters and Free Will since about season 5, but this isn't the place for a long meta.  Maybe later.

Right now, I've got to learn to type and post faster.  SueB, you're probably right about Luci just wanting to stay out of jail and party.  (I'll guess that's why he's starting out in Rick Springfield, for rock'n'roll good times.)  But I'm still not sure what that means for heaven, and who's in charge.  

10 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Mary's timeline was supposed to end on Nov. 2, 1983.  They didn't even have a body to bury.  Her disappearing from then and showing up in 2016 won't change the past (assume they give another reason for John to start hunting), it'll only change events from this point on.  And that didn't seem to worry the writers about Crowley's son.

Mary's human timeline ended on Nov 2, 1983 but she was still living as a ghost 20 years later in her own home.  If Amara takes Mary from before she died, then she never becomes a ghost and never kills the poltergeist nor apologizes to Sam.  So I think now I'm leaning towards her being reconstituted from ghost!Mary.  To my mind, that's the only way to bring her back and not alter her timeline significantly which would make her a revenant right?

• Love 1
Just now, catrox14 said:

Mary's human timeline ended on Nov 2, 1983 but she was still living as a ghost 20 years later in her own home.  If Amara takes Mary from before she died, then she never becomes a ghost and never kills the poltergeist nor apologizes to Sam.  So I think now I'm leaning towards her being reconstituted from ghost!Mary.  To my mind, that's the only way to bring her back and not alter her timeline significantly which would make her a revenant right?

My head hurts.

I'm freaking out a little bit right now.

David Harewood plays J'onn J'onz the Martian Manhunter on Supergirl. WHY IS HE STANDING WITH BABY? Is he guest starring ON SPN NOW? Is this a sign of a crazy ass SUPERcrossover? Was he just hanging out on the set? PLEASE LET HIM BE ON SPN. He is SO TALENTED!

Was this from the promo shoot day and they used Baby in the promo shoots? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

SPN shares a lot with Lucifer and Legends of Tomorrow.  Arrow and the Flash share a lot but it's not with SPN.  I'm not sure where Supergirl is filming now but I would think with the Flash and Arrow. I'll see what I can find out. But it looks like that picture is on location vs on the lot of SPN

5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

This would be the thing that I think would be messed up the most. If Amara took Mary out of 1983, even if it was before she got burnt on the ceiling, John might still have motivation to hunt, because Mary would've just disappeared. If John ended up at Missouri's anyway, looking for answers and got the psychic information, he'd still know something supernatural happened.

Of course also Marie's musical wouldn't be able to have the "And it burned our mother" line. Heh. It could be "And it took our mother," though.

I never even thought about your point Awesomo about the song lyrics. I mean shit. Mary burning on the ceiling is a big fucking deal that traumatized John, wee!Dean and maybe even Sam although I hope he has no memory seeing it happen.

But THEN Sam's angst about Jessica dying exactly like his mother would also be undercut. because that contributed to Sam's self doubt etc. Unless that makes Jessica's death more special and Sam's angst more special again because it ONLY happened to Jessica and by extension him.  So yeah I don't want her plucked before she burns as shitty as that sounds LOL

• Love 1

We don't really know where Mary has been.  If we assume she was a restless spirit, and stayed behind in their house after she was killed, then where did she go after that?  According to Missouri, she sacrificed herself to save Sam and take out the other ghost, but where do those spirits end up?  I won't be at all surprised if The Empty comes into play.  There was no reason for her to be in hell or Purgatory.  According to Ash, she wasn't in heaven (at least not that he could find, and he was pretty resourceful).  So where was she?  It'll be interesting to see how they explain things to her and to us.

• Love 1

Upon further review, the Supergirl lot is in Langley which according to Google Maps is not too far from Glen Valley where SPN was filming yesterday. Seems like Harewood  just decided to go over and hang out  on their set for a couple of hours...just cause...

I really think the show will go with the lines of just enjoy the show and stop thinking so hard.  Ignore common sense and don't look so deep.  If they can pretty much ignore Dean's Hell, well ignoring Mary's past wouldn't be that hard to do. 

I suspect we'll get a few lines and then not much to satisfy anyone.  That said, at least they aren't going for the brother's keeping secrets.  Bumping head's because one wants to do it this way versus the other way, could make an interesting story or two. 

I guess it's too much to ask for the boys to play something other than FBI agents.  I miss the old days of fun ways / creative ways to get the information.

Edited by 7kstar
are and aren't don't mean the same thing. :)
  • Love 3

Small preview in TV Guide. Nothing new

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/gallery/2016-returning-fall-shows/photo/76199901-5e05-4bf9-b600-2e96ee4fcb3b

Supernatural (The CW)

Premieres: Thursday, Oct. 13 at 9/8c

What's Next: Supernatural will return to Thursdays this fall, where it aired during Seasons 2 through 5. The sense of familiarity created by the timeslot will only be enhanced by the return of Mama Winchester, and because she died when Dean was a young boy and Sam was just a baby, the world-saving brothers both deal with her return in different ways. The show's 12th season will also feature a guest turn from singer Rick Springfield, whose body will be inhabited by Lucifer, and the return of the Thule, because what the world really needs is a Dean Winchester v. Hitler showdown.

• Love 2

I had to kind of laugh at the "familiarity of Thursday nights" as a positive spin for the move to a IMO a far worse timeslot than Wednesdays after Arrow. Guess what, spin doctors. I didn't watch the show when it aired on Thursdays. I have no nostalgia attached to that time slot. I am annoyed with it. Nice try though. LOL

It really doesn't make much of a difference to me because I rarely watch anything "live" anymore, but if I was inclined to, Thursday nights are actually better for me. Wednesdays are so sucky, I have termed it "Suckday."

I don't think this is true anymore, with everyone watching TV so differently now, but it used to be that Thursday nights was considered to be the best time slot. It was Must See TV and all that. It might suggest the network has great confidence in our little show? TBH, I doubt it will make much of a difference in ratings, this show has been allover the schedule and still manages to hold it's own.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

It really doesn't make much of a difference to me because I rarely watch anything "live" anymore, but if I was inclined to, Thursday nights are actually better for me. Wednesdays are so sucky, I have termed it "Suckday."

I don't think this is true anymore, with everyone watching TV so differently now, but it used to be that Thursday nights was considered to be the best time slot. It was Must See TV and all that. It might suggest the network has great confidence in our little show? TBH, I doubt it will make much of a difference in ratings, this show has been allover the schedule and still manages to hold it's own.

My point was more that the blurb was using nostalgia for the past timeslot as a spin method which doesn't mean a lot to viewers who didn't watch live back then or only become fans via Netflix binge watching say in the past 3 or 4 years. For me, the best night was actually Tuesday. 

I get that time shifted is more accepted but live and DVR same day are still most important for advertisers.  IIRC, Thursday Night Football was only  NFL Network & ESPN back when SPN was on Thursdays, I'd have to research but that's what I recollect. This season it's going to be split between NBC and CBS with 8 games each. That's what has me worried more than Shondaland or whatever else ABC or Fox will air. 

Edited by catrox14
ABC is not CBS LOL whoops
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

My point was more that the blurb was using nostalgia for the past timeslot as a spin method which doesn't mean a lot to viewers who didn't watch live back then or only become fans via Netflix binge watching say in the past 3 or 4 years. For me, the best night was actually Tuesday.

But, you know, the nostalgia factor might mean something to those of us who were around back in seasons 2-5 (I started in S3).  I wasn't able to watch Thursday nights, but it was the first thing I did Friday morning and it was a great way to kick off my weekend.

Lots of different viewers, lots of different ways to watch, lots of different ways to talk about the show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Demented Daisy said:

But, you know, the nostalgia factor might mean something to those of us who were around back in seasons 2-5 (I started in S3).  I wasn't able to watch Thursday nights, but it was the first thing I did Friday morning and it was a great way to kick off my weekend.

Lots of different viewers, lots of different ways to watch, lots of different ways to talk about the show.

Seems like my post has accidentally offended OG-SPN viewers and that was certainly not my intention nor to poop on anyone's nostalgia trip nor to imply that people shouldn't/don't/oughtn't have other opinions nor talk about it in whatever ways. If that's how my post came across that was not my intention. 

8 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Seems like my post has accidentally offended OG-SPN viewers and that was certainly not my intention nor to poop on anyone's nostalgia trip nor to imply that people shouldn't/don't/oughtn't have other opinions nor talk about it in whatever ways. If that's how my post came across that was not my intention. 

No offense here, I've only been watching since S6 and I've never watched the show "live." I was just pointing out that it may not make any difference what night Supernatural is on or what it's lead in is or what it's up against given it hasn't made much difference in the past. Who knows, though, maybe this will be the straw to break the camel's back?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Offended?  Hardly.  Just pointing out an alternate interpretation of the TVGuide article.

• Love 2

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Supernatural-Season-12-Details-41813718?stream_view=1#interstitial-1

A handy list of the spoilers to date, most of which we've already covered.  I missed the interview with Misha:

In an interview with Bustle, Misha Collins (who plays angel Castiel) revealed that a new face is emerging in season 12. "I know one person who's been hired in Season 12," he said, "but I can't tell you. I'm sorry to be completely useless there, but I do know that their character is going to be on the show."

36 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Supernatural-Season-12-Details-41813718?stream_view=1#interstitial-1

A handy list of the spoilers to date, most of which we've already covered.  I missed the interview with Misha:

I think I read this prior to Comic Con so he may have been talking about Samantha Smith or Rick Springfield.

As for the night it is on, it really doesn't matter to me as I'll DVR it in case I can't watch it although I do try to watch it live. I don't watch anything on Thursdays except football, and I'll switch over as long as my team isn't playing. Football only effects it for a couple months anyway. With breaks for holidays, how many new episodes will be opposite of football games? I'm asking because I didn't start watching until February so I don't know past history.

20 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

Football only effects it for a couple months anyway. With breaks for holidays, how many new episodes will be opposite of football games? I'm asking because I didn't start watching until February so I don't know past history.

NFL will be Sept through Dec 25. It's not just football. The NBA on TNT will be opposite as well Nov through April. They have double headers on Thursdays. So SPN is going against NFL, NBA, Shondaland, and now Chicago Med moved to Thursdays.  I'm truly not trying to be a Debbie Downer but that's some rough competition. I hope I am 100% wrong and this actually helps ratings but I'm worried for sure.

Edited by catrox14