Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

The mombatross lived up to its name so much and got so convoluted in the end that i completely forgot Bracken was Lazarus/Dragon/insert codename of choice.  Can't really take codenames like those seriously on a show like Castle.

From TV Line:

Question: Do you have any spoilers for Castle you can share with us about some of the changes we can expect to see this season? —Mariana
Ausiello: Molly Quinn’s newly shorn mane is one step in a much larger, more adult makeover for Alexis in Season 8. (Read: Someone may start having a little sex in the city.)

Didn't she already have a little sex in the city with Pi when they lived together, or so I'm assuming?

Now, if Alexis were to be one of the SATC characters, who would she be?  I hope the writers are not going to have her be all Samantha because I don't think that's really her.  Let's hope they do better this time around than they did with Pi, and even high school boyfriend before that.  The way they've written Alexis with boys usually makes me like her less unfortunately.  Aside from Castle's expected terrified reaction, would be nice to see Alexis take some dating advice from her Gram and Beckett.

Castle and Beckett's SATC conversation still makes me laugh.  Castle sharing that he basically watched SATC with his mom lol.  I like the scenes where the family watches stuff together and shares commentary.  They should do more of those with Caskett or the whole family.

• Love 1

Spoilers about Alexis from TV Line posted in the spoiler thread: http://tvline.com/2015/08/02/penny-leonard-big-bang-theory-season-9-wedding-married/

Susan's handling twitter like a pro. 

diana ‏@PTbabygirl  
@realssullivan what's the best thing about working with Nathan ?

Susan Sullivan ‏@realssullivan  
@PTbabygirl everything about @NathanFillion is a complete delight. He is generous and somewhat dangerous... who could ask for anything more!

Only a matter of time before she got this sort of question. ;)  Dangerous?  Susan also has a taste for the bad boys? Heh.

ayanna || 50 ‏@RickHeartsKate  
@realssullivan have you met the newest regular actress Toks?

Susan Sullivan
‏@realssullivan
@RickHeartsKate I am crazy about her..,,gave her some unsolicited advice which she was very gracious about. A great addition! @Castle_ABC

Diana ‏@dia_47  
@realssullivan I love your tweets! Can you tweet me a random advice? ❤

Susan Sullivan ‏@realssullivan  
@dia_47 random advice .... Limit your tweeting time.

@dia_47 sometimes it is lovely to be kept hanging.....a little longing goes a long way!

This made me laugh.  True too.  I hope Susan hasn't been exposed to any trollish behaviour on twitter but no doubt she can handle it.

More gems of unsolicited advice on her twitter.

I see Toks is still employing her strategy of responding to trolls and negative tweets.  Don't know if she knows what she's in for the show airs. Some people are going to hate on her character/herself no matter what.

Edited by madmaverick

The best thing about that spoiler was the cute puppy.

Why do I fear I'm going to be hearing way more about Alexis and her sexual escapades in S8 than Castle and Beckett?

I swear if she gets more action than Beckett does I'll have to strongly resist the urge to throw something at my computer screen. 

Didn't she already have a little sex in the city with Pi when they lived together, or so I'm assuming?

I assume that to be the case, so daddy dearest unless he's been made even dumber by the writers than I thought knows his daughter has done the deed so I hope they're not going to go down the freakout!Castle path when he's already had a big meltdown moment with Pi. It was depressing enough the first time around watching her treat dad like he's an idiot and she's the "smart" one in the family. SIGH

I know Alexis has to grow up but I wish they'd find something interesting for her to do other than date idiots, disrespect dad and hang around the loft when she should be at college or out with her friends.  

Edited by verdana

Is it a given the break is personal and not professional? Because if not, my money is on Beckett being captain and not in the field as much so Castle has to leave. He starts up his PI business again and that is how the show changes. The police station will be secondary to the cases Castle takes on. Sometimes they'll overlap, maybe he'll need info & will visit to get help from Ryan, Esposito, and of course Beckett. The former spy lady will be hired by Castle, when he gets in over his head & realizes he needs some muscle. Caskett can discuss their cases at home, pick each other's brain & build theory.

I could give that a chance if they played the home scenes right, showed them as a family discussing their day over dinner, Beckett and Alexis making popcorn while Castle preps for movie night & they chat about clues, etc.

I really hope they've thought this through.

• Love 1
Is it a given the break is personal and not professional? Because if not, my money is on Beckett being captain and not in the field as much so Castle has to leave.

Strictly based on the Ausiello Blind Item, the guesswork with the pieces of script that was leaked with folks trying to read it, and some of the posts here from halwideman...well, let's just say I'd be very shocked if the break is not of a personal nature.

But in a little over a month, we'll know for certain.

It's also hard to see so many fans both on Tumblr and Twitter who absolutely refuse to believe that TPTB would ever consider breaking up Castle and Beckett.....the fallouts gonna be ugly. It sort of bums me out seeing the mock ups of "baby Castle" and how hopeful so many fans still are despite the subtle clues out there. I am not happy about it but at least I (kind of) know what's coming.....for other fans it's about to come crashing down! I already have my helmet in place - I feel for the ones who don't!

My only issue with a personal breakup is that I cannot reconcile the couple that we left in the season 7 finale, especially with the way they've been portrayed since the very beginning, with a couple that's on the verge of breaking up. It just doesn't make sense, regardless of what decision Beckett makes about her career. That scares me in two ways: either they're going to screw the characters up to get them to a place where a breakup makes sense (which I doubt, considering it's apparently happening in the first episode), or they're just going to say "fuck it all" and do it for ratings.

That disappoints me, because despite all the crap they've done on this show, breaking up Castle and Beckett was always something that was never on the table, and it was very clearly never on the table. That's partly what I accepted the douchebag arc, Beckett deciding not to tell Castle about the FBI offer, Demming, Josh, and all the other roadblocks that they've thrown in for drama.

The only way I'm going to not be royally pissed off (if all the fan theories/rampant speculation) is if it's a personal separation that's forced by outside circumstances. Neither wants to be separated and they both are trying to still be together. And that there's an expected end to that storyline. Especially if all Hawley and TPW want to accomplish is some fake will they/won't they ratings bump.

I'll give it a shot, because I rather like the idea of a "want to be together but can't" manufactured angst (it worked for Dr. Quinn when Joe Lando was on the fence about returning full time), but I'm going to be hella pissed if it turns out to be a long term actual separation.

• Love 4

I can live with the "want to be together but can't manufactured angst" but the minute I smell ulterior motive ie there's more to this than just a storytelling motivation - I am gone! I'm not gonna watch one of my fave shows get flushed down the toilet because of things beyond even the writers control! I'll go back to that peaceful, hopeful end to S7 and call time on my days as a Castle fan!

• Love 1
Jenny Cooney ‏@JennyCooney  3h3 hours ago Los Angeles, CA

.#Castle fans will be excited to hear @NathanFillion is talking to me on Tuesday for @TVWEEKmag - wish me luck getting some story info!

It's also hard to see so many fans both on Tumblr and Twitter who absolutely refuse to believe that TPTB would ever consider breaking up Castle and Beckett.....the fallouts gonna be ugly. It sort of bums me out seeing the mock ups of "baby Castle" and how hopeful so many fans still are despite the subtle clues out there. I am not happy about it but at least I (kind of) know what's coming.....for other fans it's about to come crashing down! I already have my helmet in place - I feel for the ones who don't!

They forget we have new writers they don't have to keep any old promises made, it's a whole different ball game now. I wouldn't say the clues were even that subtle, as Hal said at this point they might as well have a blimp flying overhead with the news. However, I don't see the story will rule out lots of Caskett future goodness as long as they're not stupid and drag the arc out for too long. What could be more perfect to draw disaffected and traumatised fans back into the fold after the "separation arc" than a pregnancy?  If S8 is the last then unless they're intent on going down in flames they'll have to go there in any case so those fans wanting Caskett babies will get what they want - they may have to wait for it though.

I never thought they were going to go down the baby route immediately in any case and fans expecting the show to open with a pregnancy story were being way too optimistic.  

or they're just going to say "fuck it all" and do it for ratings.

Seems like a dangerous game to play, they could get a WTWT spike as fans wait each week to find out if they're getting back together again, but if this drags on that won't last and some fans will stop watching and they won't come back at all.

The show is ageing and the ratings are dropping and I don't see much is going to change this trajectory and certainly not a separation. There's been a steady bleed in the ratings each season. S6 the average demo was 1.9 in S7 it was 1.5 and I predict it will go down to about 1.1 average in S8. 

I can live with the "want to be together but can't manufactured angst" but the minute I smell ulterior motive ie there's more to this than just a storytelling motivation - I am gone! 

It's already starting to bleed through at least for me and yeah it's annoying when it happens but it all depends how they work around these things and get "creative" trying to cover it up. Looking at the situation in a positive light if the new team can up their game and produce better crafted stories that would be a plus since the quality of the writing in recent seasons has not been good overall. However, if they're intent on continuing with Marlowe's template coupled with any BTS bullshit the show is headed down the shitter fast.

Edited by verdana

If it's BTS stuff, they could easily separate the a actors without doing a breakup, so I'm hoping they actually have a decent story in mind. It would be a shame if they're just blowing up the love story for the hell of it. If that happens ill just pretend S7 was the last one.

My only issue with a personal breakup is that I cannot reconcile the couple that we left in the season 7 finale, especially with the way they've been portrayed since the very beginning, with a couple that's on the verge of breaking up. It just doesn't make sense, regardless of what decision Beckett makes about her career. That scares me in two ways: either they're going to screw the characters up to get them to a place where a breakup makes sense (which I doubt, considering it's apparently happening in the first episode), or they're just going to say "fuck it all" and do it for ratings.

That disappoints me, because despite all the crap they've done on this show, breaking up Castle and Beckett was always something that was never on the table, and it was very clearly never on the table. That's partly what I accepted the douchebag arc, Beckett deciding not to tell Castle about the FBI offer, Demming, Josh, and all the other roadblocks that they've thrown in for drama.

The only way I'm going to not be royally pissed off (if all the fan theories/rampant speculation) is if it's a personal separation that's forced by outside circumstances. Neither wants to be separated and they both are trying to still be together. And that there's an expected end to that storyline. Especially if all Hawley and TPW want to accomplish is some fake will they/won't they ratings bump.

I'll give it a shot, because I rather like the idea of a "want to be together but can't" manufactured angst (it worked for Dr. Quinn when Joe Lando was on the fence about returning full time), but I'm going to be hella pissed if it turns out to be a long term actual separation.

Ditto. I just can't think of any other situation apart from this that would not represent a pretty major regression for one or both of the characters. Maybe Beckett had the tendency to close up and run in the past, but I'd like to believe that Castle and Beckett, where they were when we left them in S7, would prefer to work through things, even face an external threat, together rather than separately. They've vowed to be partners in life, after all and I believed they were both committed to that. 

Alas, this is precisely what I thought the downside would be of losing MilMar. I truly believed that with them on the writing team, a Caskett break-up was completely off the table. Without them, it's a different ballgame. 

New from TV|Line, Bracken's also back:

Now you can add to the mix the return of the forever-nefarious William Bracken, to again played by Jack Coleman.  The disgraced senator, who pulled many puppet strings in orchestrating Johanna Beckett’s years-ago murder, will “be back in a surprising way,” new co-showrunner Terence Paul Winter tells TVLine.

New from TV|Line, Bracken's also back:

I long suspected he might return, and, to be honest, I'm not terribly excited about it. Feels like a storytelling crutch to go back to him now. And, personally, I'll wait and see if his return is as "surprising" as the show promises. 

Hmmm.  What would be "surprising" in a Bracken return?    When last we saw the senator, he was being driven off to the pokey by Espo and Ryan.    Maybe Bracken is actually helpful to the case this time?     I keep thinking of that creepy scene with Bracken in the hotel room...where he declares his admiration for Beckett just before he orders her death. 

Bracken is back too, oh.

Yeah I'm not too sure what the "surprise" will be either, as usual they've left it a long time to revisit after such a long gap of nothingness. I can see this tying in with the Ausiello blind and he's the cause of them having to separate in order for one to protect the other - so witness protection here we come?  I do hope this time they don't drop the story and give the Bracken case some continuity and finish it once and for all. By the time they go back to things on this show I've either forgotten what happened or I'm past caring.

I know there's still a way to go but I can't say I'm that hugely excited with any of the spoilers that have come out. Castle's mythology gets a look in, a possible break up (okay not confirmed as a Castle spoiler as such), two new recurring characters that already feel like excess baggage, talk of a "top secret" organisation and a mysterious woman out of Castle's past dropping in with a unique set of skills…she's not part of a circus act by any chance?  Now Bracken returns and that's not forgetting the additional bonus of hearing about Alexis and what's she's up to on the dating scene. If they manage pack all that in I'm going to need a stiff drink or two after this two parter to steady the nerves lol.

Edited by verdana

Bracken is back too, oh.

Yeah I'm not too sure what the "surprise" will be either, as usual they've left it a long time to revisit after such a long gap of nothingness. I can see this tying in with the Ausiello blind and he's the cause of them having to separate in order for one to protect the other - so witness protection here we come?  I do hope that this time they don't drop the story and actually give the Bracken case some continuity and finish it once and for all. By the time they go back to things on this show I've either forgotten what happened or I'm past caring.

I kinda have a problem with this one. How is this supposed to work for more than the two-parter? Or even for more than 3-4 episodes? And why would they break up? Wouldn't they move one of them out of New York? Out of the state? Even away from the east coast ?

How permanent is this breakup gonna be anyway ? For the entire season? For just a couple of episodes? When the ratings drop they have them hook up for one drunk night and bam Beckett gets pregnant and therefore they get back together?

Hmmm.  What would be "surprising" in a Bracken return?    When last we saw the senator, he was being driven off to the pokey by Espo and Ryan.    Maybe Bracken is actually helpful to the case this time?     I keep thinking of that creepy scene with Bracken in the hotel room...where he declares his admiration for Beckett just before he orders her death.

Please writers don't make Bracken a pawn and the "surprise" is there's an even bigger bad guy behind him, the story is convoluted enough without further layering to complicate matters further, that would be get me eye rolling so hard.

Oh for crying out loud. What's next? 3xk ain't dead either?

At this point, i wouldn't be surprised if Johanna Beckett came out of Witness Protection since they are doing the Previously Unknown Relative trope already. ;)  

Very meh about Bracken's return.  Hopefully not as a ghost or as a plot device for Beckett to run for his Senate seat (nooooooo).  His last few appearances were all a case of diminishing returns for me because I didn't find that the writers wrote him in a compelling way.  The more he appeared and they informed us about him, the less potent and interesting his character was to me.  Just your typical power hungry, all powerful megalomaniac.  Massive eye roll when they wrote him as a would be presidential candidate.  His confrontations with Beckett also got less powerful and interesting to me with every occurrence.  It felt like the same notes were recycled.  You're evil/I hate you/I'm a badass/but I'll Do The Right Thing.  I've said it before but I really do think there's something to be said for the poignancy of an unresolved storyline for Johanna Beckett's murder as a truly random killing or otherwise, and a realistic, powerful, touching character struggle and coming to terms with that.

I hope they're not going to go down the freakout!Castle path when he's already had a big meltdown moment with Pi.

I don't think we'll get anything but the freakout route when it comes to fathers and daughters' sexcapades. ;)  Martha and Alexis' love lives are always tapped as comedic fodder for Castle to groan and moan over.  I would like it if they surprise me with something new and deeper.  Wouldn't be surprised if they have Alexis have her eye on a much older guy to go with her more mature makeover and freak her Dad out.  Another cliche.

I'm not entirely confident about the spoilers for the new season, but at the same time, I respect the new showrunners for really going for it and not just treading water as Amann and Marlowe appeared content to do in the last few seasons (barring Marlowe's jarring finale developments ;)).  They look like they have a lot of story planned.  Hopefully they can plan it out well and not forget to give the characters the all important scenes to breathe.  Characters should come first for any plot to make sense.

I was bored by the Bracken storyline by the time of his second appearance. I highly doubt they have anything new to add to this long drawn saga. I wish they would drawn a line under it once and for all.

At this point, i wouldn't be surprised if Johanna Beckett came out of Witness Protection since they are doing the Previously Unknown Relative trope already. ;)

If this show goes beyond this season, this storyline is going to be used.

• Love 1

Hopefully they can plan it out well and not forget to give the characters the all important scenes to breathe.  Characters should come first for any plot to make sense.

Not just that characters come first, but that they shouldn't be warped out of all recognition in order to serve a new plot purpose. The most disquieting aspect of all hiatus brouhaha is that it is hard to imagine how the characters as established, particularly as of 723, could believably morph into what might be needed.

I have yet to see a continuing "Big Bad" outside of fantasy/sci fi that doesn't wear out his/her welcome for me long before the end of the arc is reached (Pelant in Bones was irksome, as was Red John in The Mentalist), so the return of Bracken doesn't fill me with unmixed delight. The Mombatross is lumbering back like another version of Jurassic Park.

• Love 1

I see the news about Bracken is out. Have you guys figured it out yet? I was reading the past few posts. It's like it's right there, right in front of you but you can't see it.

So what you're (not) saying is that something happens with Bracken (or his case) that forces Castle and Beckett to separate despite their personal feelings. Am I on track? [Full disclosure: I didn't read the spoiler/speculation on Bracken's return.]

Honestly, there could be worse things, but it's all going to depend on how it plays out and how long it lasts. A can deal with a couple episodes. Might be interesting and bring back some of that "when will they" spark that tptb have so adamantly decided to mostly ignore.

For what it's worth, that doesn't gel with Ausiello's "might be permanent" comment for his blind item, but admittedly that might legitimately just be clickbait. IMO, the only way this works is -1- their separation is not by choice, -2- they're actively trying to find a way to be together again, and -3- it's ultimately temporary. An episode, an arc, whatever, but there's no way they can make it long term thing and not have a bunch of people pissed off. And I don't think at this point in the show's lifespan is a good time to piss viewers off because it's going to be harder and harder to get them back.

I'd think TPW and Hawley have more sense than that. Tread lightly, ptb.

Edited by McManda

Sincerely glad some of you have faith in TPTB. But based on the inordinately high amount of TV shows I have watched over time, they are the last people I trust. So I hope I'm just cynical and it works in favor of the optimists.

• Love 1

For me the key will be not what is at the end of the two-parter but what is planned for the Sweeps episodes. Because after the two-parter we'll probably go into a lull period going by Stana's comments with the 20 eps, etc (usual CotW, etc) until things perk up again in the Sweeps.

My spec questions at the moment will be come November/December, will the following be discussed: wedding anniversary, Beckett's Birthday and Christmas (or Thanksgiving).

Because the first one will be the interesting one if they're still separated at that point, etc. FWIW I'm just speculating don't know anything and all that jazz that far in advance.

So even though I think the two-parter won't disappoint (I'm probably in the minority group there), the Sweeps episodes will be the ones that I'm curious about at this point.

Edited by Nadine

I see the news about Bracken is out. Have you guys figured it out yet? I was reading the past few posts. It's like it's right there, right in front of you but you can't see it.

I notice a lot of people keep saying "but a breakup doesn't make sense because of where they left off"

But it would make sense if it has nothing and everything to do about how they feel about each other.

Fake break up to get Bracken (or someone) off their backs?  It makes TVLine awful for the way they wrote the blind item though.

Or a break up to protect the other from Bracken, but that seems silly because Bracken would try to use them against each other either way. 

I read a fanfic where Bracken faked his own death and set Beckett up for it.  I don't think the writer ever finished it, maybe the actual show could do the same storyline and wrap it up.

Did Castle and Spydaddy do a DNA test to prove paternity? If not, another possible father might show up. (I know Martha was sure, but she did not say she was not with any other men.)

Did Castle and Spydaddy do a DNA test to prove paternity? If not, another possible father might show up. (I know Martha was sure, but she did not say she was not with any other men.)

Even if Martha wasn't with other men, she met the guy once about 40 years ago, it's possible it's not the same guy.  I don't know what the advantage of SpyDaddy pretending to be Castle's father if he isn't though.  Maybe this Rita person is actually Castle's father and is just now living as a woman.  Transgender stories are very in right now.

There sure is a lot going on in this two-part opener.  Bracken, Rita, and two new characters?

• Love 1

Personally I find it to be a bigger problem that I basically don't care enough to ponder too much over the course of the next six weeks, AND I had to think for five minutes to remember how last season ended...

Though I will say that Hal makes me think and wonder how silly we will all feel!

Well but that takes for granted that a breakup comes from mere information and not an incident.

I did speculate a few weeks ago here, that Beckett will "leave" Castle to protect him/the family. We know Beckett is selfless and she'll do all she can to protect those she loves, even if it means losing her happiness.

So either she'll be forced to do so because Castle gets hurt, or she'll think that's the only way to keep him, Alexis & Martha safe.

Am I close? (Also I've been lurking for a while, with the ABC board closing I needed a new place to chat with people who don't hate on others. Thanks for all the great conversations I've seen.)

• Love 1

Well but that takes for granted that a breakup comes from mere information and not an incident.

Or Bracken is killed and that the REAL "Lazarus" is shown to us, & Beckett and she decides no one is safe and goes after them?

• Love 1

First, as the moderator of this forum (among many others!), welcome to our new posters! Glad you could join us. Have fun, play nice, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM me and ask!

With that said, and I say this not to admonish anyone at all, but just as a general rule of thumb: Halwideman is one of the regulars to semi-regulars here who is kind enough to drop bits of info for us to chew on, which is appreciated. And I do not wish to speak for anyone, but while questions are fine, please do not overwhelm him/her asking for hints or whatnot.

I'm sure if and when halwideman gets more tidbits and decides to share, it'll happen! Not saying HW isn't fine with the asking, but I just don't want it to overtake actual discussion in the process or make anyone feel pressured to share details if they don't want to right now.

With that said, carry on and spec away!  :-)

• Love 3

First, as the moderator of this forum (among many others!), welcome to our new posters! Glad you could join us. Have fun, play nice, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM me and ask!

With that said, and I say this not to admonish anyone at all, but just as a general rule of thumb: Halwideman is one of the regulars to semi-regulars here who is kind enough to drop bits of info for us to chew on, which is appreciated. And I do not wish to speak for anyone, but while questions are fine, please do not overwhelm him/her asking for hints or whatnot.

I'm sure if and when halwideman gets more tidbits and decides to share, it'll happen! Not saying HW isn't fine with the asking, but I just don't want it to overtake actual discussion in the process or make anyone feel pressured to share details if they don't want to right now.

With that said, carry on and spec away! :-)

Will do. I was more trying to answer his question, but will be more careful in the future. It's really all speculation on my part and doesn't need to be answered by Halwideman, I was trying to join the "fun". Also I know it wasn't aimed "exactly" at me. But I couldn't figure out how to post it together and then it was two posts and clearly I'm losing in figuring out how to post properly. Will get better.

Thanks for having me. Here's to a fun ride ahead, on the board of course not the show. :P

Also I know it wasn't aimed "exactly" at me.

It sincerely wasn't! Just a general post for all newbies.  :-)  If ever there's a need to address any particular groups of people, trust me when I say you'd know it!

So please don't walk on eggshells.  :-)  Keep on speculating! It's just a thin line, is all.

The board is fun, so I hope everyone partakes!

So in order to convince others it's over, they hate each other blah blah blah one shoots the other or throws him/her from a rooftop?

With that said, carry on and spec away! :-)

Sorry Hal, didn't mean to bombard you. I appreciate all the info you've given us so far.

Thanks for this discussion. Not a whole lot of places to go to talk about Castle spoilers now.

All the boards at ABC would close I last heard but I could be wrong. 

Various fans have emailed and got back different responses, one said the Castle board was closing on the 10 August, another that it was simply an overhaul so it's confusing, seems a bit of a mess. 

Edited by verdana

ABC publicity dept getting it in the neck again on Twitter heh. 

Cupkate ‏@L_Stanatic  8 mins8 minutes ago
Cupkate retweeted ABC Publicity
Um, #Castle ?!
Gosh,you had one job to do,why is this so difficult & why am I not surprised #promotion
It's a shame 

ABC Publicity ‏@ABC_Publicity
Happy #TCA15 day from the ABC social media lounge!

https://twitter.com/ABC_Publicity/status/628589274850398208

Fans need to accept that Castle isn't exactly high up on ABC's list of priorities, never has been. 

Fred ‏@FredBC77  Jul 28

#Castle Writers-Directors
Ep801: TPW/Alexi Hawley-Rob Bowman
Ep802:TPW/Alexi Hawley-Paul Holahan
Ep803: Barry O'Brien
Ep804: Chad G.Creasey

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I did speculate a few weeks ago here, that Beckett will "leave" Castle to protect him/the family. We know Beckett is selfless and she'll do all she can to protect those she loves, even if it means losing her happiness.

If that's the case, my next question is how much does Castle know about why she's leaving. I can't see him just letting her walk away knowing there may be danger, but I don't want him to think she actually wants to leave him.

• Love 1

Various fans have emailed and got back different responses, one said the Castle board was closing on the 10 August, another that it was simply an overhaul so it's confusing, seems a bit of a mess. 

It's ABC does anyone expect anything less?

So from the spoilers, I am getting Bracken does something from inside prison (using his cronies) to threaten Caskett in such away they think it's best to split or they are given an ultimatum to after something happens. I have read fanfics like this. I guess it's a good way to separate the actors for short to medium term, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how long this lasts.

I’m lost. Why would Beckett leave Castle?

If it were about some damaging knowledge regarding criminal elements (Bracken et al. testimony, new evidence), and as suggested above Castle gets hurt by accident or as a warning, what would be gained by her leaving? Unless he isn’t privy to the information she possesses, and she takes off alone trying to “fix” the whole situation. But that really doesn’t protect Castle from further harassment either. He would still be used as leverage. Or Jim, or Alexis…

If it is about revenge, a (fake) break-up and her leaving also wouldn’t work. I doubt anybody would be fooled by a sudden separation and there is always Jim, Martha, Alexis, Lanie etc. to go after.

Or the revenge comes in form of Beckett and Castle can’t ever be happy. So unless they part ways, everybody is in danger. Meh!