Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

(edited)

Nah, just trying to find humor in my anxiety.

Ioan Gruffold (sp?) is free now too #yikes.

ETA: a time jump of at least a few years would make the breakup a little easier to handle (after everything, breaking up in less than a year wouldn't feel right). But I'm not counting on it. That would also put them at a disadvantage age-wise for a potential future pregnancy for Beckett.

Edited by FlickerToAFlame

Here it is, verdana.  What kind of mood is that?  I'm never in that kind of mood heh.

I think the worst ones for me may not just be the ones where one of them dies, but where they just gave up and ended up apart and unhappy.  My angst needs a happy ending. ;)

Hal, glad you enjoyed.  

Thanks to all the fellow Alias viewers for the trip down memory lane.  I'd forgotten all about the Ford product placements heh and the fandom drama. ;)  Here's to hoping Castle doesn't drive a Buick next season.

8) Beckett has been in a coma since hanging off the balcony in Always and wakes up to see Castle has moved on (though that's not technically a breakup, it's a never was)

Ooh, reminds me of another terribly angsty fic where Castle was imprisoned by a crazy woman for years and his way to survive was to pretend that woman was Beckett, and now he and Beckett can't be together anymore even though he's free because he can't separate the two women in his mind.  

But a lot of these kind of story arcs work better when you have a genuinely serialised drama.  If an episode's always going to be 90% COTW, a personal angsty arc being dragged out in the remaining 5 or 10% every week isn't going to play well with viewers.

9) Beckett and Esposito stop denying their secret love for each other

Kill me now.  Just make Beckett or Castle gay instead.  Or they want to become transgender.  That's a hot topic right now.

10)  Johanna Beckett is Alive!!!  Got Alias to thank for that, but parents coming back from the dead seem to be a popular trope nowadays.  Although I don't see why that would break up Caskett.  Just might drive Jim to the drink again.

11)  Castle has a secret lovechild.  Some fans did want babies. ;)

Glad to see Susan's excited.  Extraordinary's a high benchmark to live up to!  (Castle telling Beckett she's extraordinary will always be one of my fave moments.)   I hope that possibilities abound means that actors and chemistry will be more utilised to their full potential.  Will be interesting to see if her prediction of 8 seasons of Castle proves right.  Give that talented woman something more than a cameo, please!

Stana's 'nail biter' description is also interesting.  So I suppose they're going to open the season with a bang.  I just hope it's the kind of nail biter where you really want to know what's happening, instead of thinking WTF in a bad way and what the writers think is surprising is really terribly predictable.

(edited)

Algebra and graphs, how I've missed thee!  Not.  Actually, I did kind of enjoy algebra.  Funny how quickly stuff that you've spent hours of your life learning just goes out of your brain.

But it could be like, they go in different (perpendicular) directions, if the split happens in the premier

This is an interesting reasoning.  Could be.  I see it as something like that or something related to a new Big Bad. 

Edited by madmaverick

7) (possible reason for breakup) Beckett finds out she's adopted and her real parents are Hasidic Jews so she has to divorce her non-Jewish husband

8) Beckett has been in a coma since hanging off the balcony in Always and wakes up to see Castle has moved on (though that's not technically a breakup, it's a never was)

10) Beckett and Rogan are still married and have been setting Castle up with a long con

I had a dream last night that Caskett finds out they are actually related somehow, and even though they still love each other they can't be together (I read a lot of VC Andrews as a kid, okay). And in the dream, I thought that explained why the blind item included the word DNA. I swear my dreams are usually not so crazy/pathetic.

Another idea is that Castle gets amnesia of ever knowing Beckett, and so Beckett has to convince him they are in love.

I think they could make a temporary split work, but like others have been saying it takes a lot of the meaning out of "always" and "partners in life."

(edited)
I had a dream last night that Caskett finds out they are actually related somehow, and even though they still love each other they can't be together (I read a lot of VC Andrews as a kid, okay). And in the dream, I thought that explained why the blind item included the word DNA. I swear my dreams are usually not so crazy/pathetic.

I've always envied people who have logical and beautifully structured dreams. Mine are a jumbled mess that can't be used for anything (not even poetry). If secret blood relation wasn't such a terrible cliche I would have almost wished your dream to be true. Because it does explain the DNA part very neatly.

Edited by Gant

Algebra and graphs, how I've missed thee!  Not.  Actually, I did kind of enjoy algebra.  Funny how quickly stuff that you've spent hours of your life learning just goes out of your brain.

I kind of enjoyed algebra too, the parts that I managed to master somehow. Was pretty bad at it overall though, so I tried not to show my slight interest because it would have looked pathetic, like graphomania LOL. But geometry and everything that needed any sort of visualization or spatial perception was lost on me. Hence graph nightmares.

There's been so much written about the "Moonlighting Curse" -- has there been any series that has truly managed to avoid it? Has Castle finally succumbed to it?

One thing that was niggling at the back of my mind is why I should expect anything else, and I realized it was because I'm more conditioned by mystery book series than TV series when it comes to considering Castle. There are any number of them (Donna Andrews' "Bird" series, Elizabeth Peters' "Amelia Peabody"...) which establish a couple who manage to stay interesting and interested in each other as long as the series lasts, and the unevenness of a series depends more on the cases than the relationships. The closest series to Castle would have to be the Eve Dallas/Roarke "In Death" series by Nora Robert as J. D. Robb, which has strong parallels to Castle (female cop with tormented past driven by getting justice for the victim, wealthy but more "slippery" male partner whose skills and "people" are invaluable in solving cases). It struck me that the main difference between TV and book series is that the book author has almost sole control (barring publisher meddling or shifting public tastes) about how the series develops, where a TV series is subject to all sorts of influences -- showrunner direction, writer strikes, cast backstage issues, and now a whole model of viewership options -- which can pull a storytelling process into unsettling shapes. These midsummer blind item games tempt one to discern what the latest unsettling shape might be and why.

(edited)

What was Alias about?  I've never heard of it.

I'm beyond surprised no-one linked to this to explain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sH-TLgeW04

I'd only be upset about a breakup because a romantic breakup doesn't make sense, not based on what they've established in the finale, the last season, or what they've been aiming for since the beginning. A professional break up is just ... been there, done that.

The problem is shows and their producers make up contrived reasons when they are kept going in the name of "organic storylines".

All too often forgotten by fans. The actors may crave challenging work. As a viewer, I don't crave a challenging viewing experience from a show like Castle if challenging means having to make sense of nonsensical plots and OOC turns.

Actors may crave challenging work but they are working on Castle for god's sake, the show has had ample opportunity over the years to give challenges to it’s actors from missed story beats to missed storylines altogether but some reason the writers/producers never took them. I am hesitant until I have seen it to say these are valid challenges for the actors or just OOC crap from the writers.

Edited by Brit Babe

Actually, there was some behavior exhibited by Castle during the Douchebag Arc that damaged the character in ways that I consider to be concrete rather than projection of an "emotional response". YMMV

Fan reaction has little impact on me, since Castle-related tumblr and twitter lost me years ago, but I think the odds are on the side of their being correct in crying stupidity should the break-up come to pass. The show has consistently had one thing going for it: the Beckett-Castle chemistry. The secondary characters were never fully developed and perhaps as a result, the slowest episodes have always been the ones where the main characters are physically separated for extended periods. Playing to your weakness for a story arc lasting several episodes is a risk.

The bottom line is that if they break up the relationship between Castle and Beckett, they will need some brilliant writing to make it plausible, having spent an entire season establishing how solid they are and how much in love. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I haven't seen much in the way of brilliant writing from Castle recently, so I understand the skepticism. I'm completely prepared to walk away from the show if I find myself repeatedly rolling my eyes or thinking I could have come up with a better plot-line. I only have so much time for TV, so at the very least I'd put it on hold and check in with this board to find out when that particular story arc was over.

(edited)

I would love to take credit for finding this but it was castlechronicles on twitter who brought up the subject which led me to searching further. Since Hal has ruled out baby drama (thankfully) could they be delving into some kind of spy drama/espionage? 

http://everything2.com/title/The+XY+Line

The "XY Line", was a NKVD term to describe technical espionage. The Soviets found that keeping their technical and non-technical assets seperate improved their intellgence gathering abilities. As a result they created the "XY Line" or technical espionage group in 1941 under the control of Semyon Semyonov (then an MIT student).
Semyonov's targets for XY Line work included engineers at General Dynamics and other aircraft makers, as well as what the Soviets called "Enormoz" the activity the American government named the "Manhattan Project".

Some sort of spy story would be the kind of thing I could see them doing, their two parters are never run of the mill cases. 

Algebra and graphs, how I've missed thee!  Not.  Actually, I did kind of enjoy algebra.  Funny how quickly stuff that you've spent hours of your life learning just goes out of your brain.

The trouble was it never went into my brain in the first place, argh! I felt so stupid. We did hours and hours of bloody algebra at school and I don't remember any of it. 

Edited by verdana

Someone on Twitter commented that the "DNA" reference in the blind item could mean Castle has a child he doesn't know about. Except I don't see why that would end a marriage if it was before they were together.

*just barfed a little in my mouth* :X

So he had an a kid before then he didn't know about? 

Hello, soap opera? Is that you I hear calling?

Soap opera already called before when Beckett had a drunken Vegas marriage she forgot about and Castle's car burst into flames complete with bride in white running to it sobbing.

I was just joking about Castle having a secret love child he didn't know about.  Not that it's completely impossible in the realistic sense, but a love child out of the past after we've had a forgotten marriage out of the past, how much soapier do they want to be?!  No, I don't think they'd want to lose more credibility like that.

The witness protection theory, or something along the lines of being separated for one party's safety, may be plausible but that would involve someone hugely powerful being threatening to Caskett to a great (unbelievable?) extent.  But Castle was already kidnapped by his government last season to help stop Al-qaeda so.... ;)

There's been so much written about the "Moonlighting Curse" -- has there been any series that has truly managed to avoid it? Has Castle finally succumbed to it?

While I've enjoyed seeing Caskett as a couple together, I admit I've missed elements of their relationship from before.  The yearning for each other, the stronger sexual tension.  If they break up in a way which doesn't mean they don't love each other but merely that they can't be with each other in some sense, and it leads to a renewal of yearning and sexual tension, then that would be something I'd like to see.

I'm beyond surprised no-one linked to this to explain: https://www.youtube....h?v=5sH-TLgeW04

Hehe, thanks for that, Brit Babe.  I loved that show so much, but its comeback was such a disappointment!  I didn't think the writers could disappoint me like that.

I never thought Castle would be a show with spies and conspiracies when I started watching, but perhaps they are an inevitable feature of most long running show these days.  There's always a conspiracy and they are no longer confined to shows like Alias.  Problem is, not many writers know how to write them in an interesting, sustainable, character-centred way.

(edited)
The trouble was it never went into my brain in the first place, argh! I felt so stupid. We did hours and hours of bloody algebra at school and I don't remember any of it.

But unless you are in certain professions, that's not going to affect your life.  I do think the prevalence of smartphones and built in calculators everywhere has detrimentally affected kids' ability to do basic maths and mental arithmetic, which I do think is important to learn.

Some sort of spy story would be the kind of thing I could see them doing, their two parters are never run of the mill cases.

Thanks for the tip about the Soviet XY connection.  Castle is really turning into Alias heh.

Perhaps I'm conditioned by my love of old school murder mysteries or there's just too many spy conspiracy and terrorism type plots in TV series (and the real world) already, but I prefer more human, puzzle type mysteries, or even serial killer cases to grand conspiracies with spies and all powerful perpetrators motivated by ideology.  

Edited by madmaverick

I've always envied people who have logical and beautifully structured dreams. Mine are a jumbled mess that can't be used for anything (not even poetry). If secret blood relation wasn't such a terrible cliche I would have almost wished your dream to be true. Because it does explain the DNA part very neatly.

Mine are quite often jumbled messes too.  But I don't think ABC would go the incest route.  I do wonder if the DNA has meaning though, it's sort of an awkward phrasing.  Some people were saying it was hinting at Bones, but maybe it was just a hint at a procedural.

While I've enjoyed seeing Caskett as a couple together, I admit I've missed elements of their relationship from before.  The yearning for each other, the stronger sexual tension.  If they break up in a way which doesn't mean they don't love each other but merely that they can't be with each other in some sense, and it leads to a renewal of yearning and sexual tension, then that would be something I'd like to see.

I agree with that, them being forced to be apart could work fine for a little while, it did in the DC arc.  I just don't want to see them hating each other or having too much bitterness.  I really hope this isn't a case where a new showrunner is coming in and deciding to blow up everything that has been established because he wants to put his own mark on things and be different than Marlowe.

I never thought Castle would be a show with spies and conspiracies when I started watching, but perhaps they are an inevitable feature of most long running show these days.  There's always a conspiracy and they are no longer confined to shows like Alias.  Problem is, not many writers know how to write them in an interesting, sustainable, character-centred way.

Castle's gotten pretty conspiracy heavy though.  You have Bracken being an unstoppable villain for so long, Castle's dad being a spy, and of course the kidnapping of Castle to save the world.  I think that happens to any show that lasts this long.  They always need to do something exciting for sweeps, and try to top themselves every year.  

Given the urge to inject a little Science Fiction into the series from time to time it's at least possible that the separation will be due to...drumroll...alien abduction (and it's Beckett's turn to be hauled away). "Hayley" is therefore a Scully analog, and ABC gets to get the jump on Fox, since XF won't air its new episodes until January.

Beckett is given a half-alien baby, and away we go...

(edited)

Taking the Castle/Beckett relationship out of the show is the equivalent of taking the zombies out of The Walking Dead.  Lunacy!

I think they would have more luck parting the dead sea!!

Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm about to go MIA for a month but before I do, I thought I'd drop in to say courtesy of Studio System. Bowman is directing the season premiere.

ETA: really wish other boards wouldn't take the info without properly crediting. Know how Hal is feeling there!

Edited by Nadine
(edited)

If it turns out they are related it would give Alexis something interesting to do at last, she could go back and redraw the Castle family tree. 

Reading down some of the 500 plus comments on TV Line regarding this blind item, those that follow Ausiello more closely than I do say that he's not making any hints about the show in question with the DNA reference, he's said it before when doing previous blind items. 

I really hope this isn't a case where a new showrunner is coming in and deciding to blow up everything that has been established because he wants to put his own mark on things and be different than Marlowe.

A new showrunner coming in and shaking things up just for the sheer hell of it does not bode well, I hope that's not the case here. Sure make some changes by all means...but this? They're planning on doing something that goes against everything that made the show much loved and successful which is why it doesn't make sense to many people. It's always been about Castle and Beckett TOGETHER and it's a huge creative risk to want to prove you can make it work doing the exact opposite which could also polarise the fandom and once you've broken the fans trust it's can be very difficult to regain it.  

Witness protection - using an external threat like this doesn't make sense to me. Isn't the general idea that if one or both are threatened they would be in it together? The big bad is not just going to come after you, they will come after your spouse, children etc, they're married now and part of a family unit. The old writers did a fairly good job showing the audience that these two would stand by each other when times got tough, classic example being Still when Rick stays behind ready to die with her. The new team of writers face an uphill task convincing me these two would be willing to be away from each other under any circumstances, almost everything I've heard proposed sounds contrived to varying degrees and at worse like something out of a bad soap opera.

As for a love child, I know most fans are fooling around when they mention the idea but I say so what if one turns up? If a child coming out the woodwork (or yet another long forgotten spouse LOL) is enough to have them fall apart then their so called "epic" love wasn't that strong in the first place.  

Edited by verdana

Thanks for the link madmaverick.

10) Beckett and Rogan are still married and have been setting Castle up with a long con

Ha. I almost choked on my coffee on the first one awwww #Becksposito finally!  Jon would be thrilled. 

(edited)

Ooh, reminds me of another terribly angsty fic where Castle was imprisoned by a crazy woman for years and his way to survive was to pretend that woman was Beckett, and now he and Beckett can't be together anymore even though he's free because he can't separate the two women in his mind.  

I read that one too lol, I do love a good dose of serious angst with my fanfic sometimes but yeah I agree the most painful ones are where they just give up on each other and even worse end up with someone else. airbefore has done a few of them which are incredibly good but boy do they punch you in the gut emotionally. There was one (not sure if it was her) where they split up and a few years later Castle gets an invite to her wedding, she's marrying Eric Vaughn of all people and Castle decides to go (he's alone of course sob) and it brings him closure as he sees that she's so blissfully happy when he failed. Arrgh! I immediately had to go and watch the end of Always after that to cheer myself up.  

Kill me now.  Just make Beckett or Castle gay instead.  Or they want to become transgender.  That's a hot topic right now.

So we get the Castle version of "Call me Caitlyn", oh Jesus thanks I've now got this image in my head of how Nathan would look in that Vanity Fair outfit Jenner wore as Castle gives his readers a reveal they certainly weren't expecting.  

10)  Johanna Beckett is Alive!!!  Got Alias to thank for that, but parents coming back from the dead seem to be a popular trope nowadays.  Although I don't see why that would break up Caskett.  Just might drive Jim to the drink again.

He's already started drinking again remember at the wedding. 

Edited by verdana

I read that one too lol, I do love a good dose of serious angst with my fanfic sometimes but yeah I agree the most painful ones are where they just give up on each other and even worse end up with someone else. airbefore has done a few of them which are incredibly good but boy do they punch you in the gut emotionally. There was one (not sure if it was her) where they split up and a few years later Castle gets an invite to her wedding, she's marrying Eric Vaughn of all people and Castle decides to go (he's alone of course sob) and it brings him closure as he sees that she's so blissfully happy when he failed. Arrgh! I immediately had to go and watch the end of Always after that to cheer myself up.  

I started reading that one too, but had to stop because it was too depressing.  Did it have a happy ending somehow?

I don't mind angsty fics, but I do like ones with happy endings.  Real life has plenty of complications, I like my entertainment to be lighter/happier. Which applies to the show as well. 

Witness protection - using an external threat like this doesn't make sense to me. Isn't the general idea that if one or both are threatened they would be in it together? The big bad is not just going to come after you, they will come after your spouse, children etc, they're married now and part of a family unit. 

Well, if they're keeping up the tradition of ripping off old Bones plots, Brennan took off on the lam with the baby for a big chunk of one season because the invincible villain stu snuck an idiot ball into the annual Jeffersonian dodge ball tournament.

I could be wrong (and often am!), but I don't think the DNA thing was a clue, just a turn of phrase for changing the entire foundation of the show.

I think that's just Ausiello's new buzzword. He's used it once or twice elsewhere since in reference to other things (ie: not the blind item).

While I do agree that a lot of Bowman's stuff is way too dark, I still like his directing. He IS capable of directing in the light... Even on X-files, which pioneered the dark style, one of my favorite episodes I'd the Vince Gilligan penned and Bowman directed Paper Hearts. :)

I started reading that one too, but had to stop because it was too depressing.  Did it have a happy ending somehow?

Yeah that story has been a tough one to get through in places but things have brightened up between them, there's one more chapter to go according to the author's note at the bottom, I hope she manages to find time to finish it soon and get them together again but I'm not convinced it's going to happen.   

Given the urge to inject a little Science Fiction into the series from time to time it's at least possible that the separation will be due to...drumroll...alien abduction (and it's Beckett's turn to be hauled away). "Hayley" is therefore a Scully analog, and ABC gets to get the jump on Fox, since XF won't air its new episodes until January.

Beckett is given a half-alien baby, and away we go...

Ahhh... wtf?! Lmao XD

That would be messed up.

The real Beckett was actually abducted back in S3 in the alien episode.  Or Castle was abducted.  He's an XY after all, one assumes. ;)  They're both pod people! :0

Molly C. Quinn ‏@MollyQuinn93
@NathanFillion
Dad, dad!
Gram's finally on twitter!
@realssullivan
#PeaPodBond
Only took us 7 seasons :)

It's the alien pea pod bond.  Twitter is how they communicate with their home planet.

• Love 1

Oh.My.God, Ha ha! I was a bit nervous to click on that link at first but that's so weird but funny. I'm not going to be able to look at some of these people in the same way again...that hair style really suits him though and Beckett must have some lacy sexy little number he could use. Some of those pics though, I love Queen Mick Jagger and the Obama ones were funny. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Bowman used to work on the X files before coming over to Castle, that's my understanding and I'm sure he knows his stuff, all directors have their preferred style of how to work and that's fine but I'm not a fan of his way of doing things. Whilst his directing style no doubt suited the X files I don't find it works so well on Castle - at least not these days when the sets seem so dark and gloomy any way. It frustrates me being unable to see actors faces properly or getting distracted by some strange camera angle or lighting which takes me out of the moment. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

But unless you are in certain professions, that's not going to affect your life.  I do think the prevalence of smartphones and built in calculators everywhere has detrimentally affected kids' ability to do basic maths and mental arithmetic, which I do think is important to learn.

That's sort of a 'kids today' arguement.

Isaac Asimov wrote a story in the 50s about a space war was one by substituting expensive computeroperated ships with cheap human pilots who had learned the lost skills of arithmetic.

Those certain professions include building. When I was selling woodstoves, our hardest job was working out the safe distances from flammable walls we could use for corner installations, without being able to do the whole 'square on the hypotenuse' thing, which no one could remember.

Happy 4th to all my fellow Americans here - and a Happy Saturday to everyone else! Topic seems to have skipped out a bit in the last few posts, maybe to see fireworks or go to a barbecue. So won't you help Topic find his way home safely?

Thank you!  :-)

I'm so out of the loop. Are we thinking that the break-up between Castle and Beckett will be permanent? I can see a trial separation, but a permanent one would kill the show IMO.

I'm so out of the loop. Are we thinking that the break-up between Castle and Beckett will be permanent? I can see a trial separation, but a permanent one would kill the show IMO.

Doubt anyone knows, but the BI said possibly permanent.

Oh.My.God, Ha ha! I was a bit nervous to click on that link at first but that's so weird but funny. I'm not going to be able to look at some of these people in the same way again...that hair style really suits him though and Beckett must have some lacy sexy little number he could use. Some of those pics though, I love Queen Mick Jagger and the Obama ones were funny. 

And yet... I have this strange urge to put on some sensible shoes and take in a softball game....

More than that, the BI is in no way confirmed to even be about Castle...thus the "speculation" part of the discussion.

Yep. That said, I do think it is that. But time will prove me right or wrong!

More than that, the BI is in no way confirmed to even be about Castle...thus the "speculation" part of the discussion.

Oh I know. Someone hinted about it in the media thread, though.

Chad Gomez Creasey ‏@chadgcreasey  26m26 minutes ago

Buzzed by my first drone while writing in the backyard this afternoon. Boy you #Castle fans really want that sneak peek at 804. Happy 4th!

The real Beckett was actually abducted back in S3 in the alien episode.  Or Castle was abducted.  He's an XY after all, one assumes. ;)  They're both pod people! :0

It's the alien pea pod bond.  Twitter is how they communicate with their home planet.

Aww that's just too cute :P.

Sandra knows best © ‏@Sandraxf  1 hr1 hour ago

The #Castle production crew members report back to work today to start making preparations for filming. Welcome back!

Another week to go and the cast will be back too.

(edited)

Tamala Jones talks Castle 

Not a long interview. 

What is the toughest challenge of the role?

Trying to stay awake?  Oh no it's pronouncing the more complex medical terms. She has no problems with lividity obviously. 

Finally Tamala, how long do you think you would like to play Lanie for?

I would love to play her for 10 seasons at least. I would love to see her date someone else other than Esposito and see what that does to the two characters – or vice-versa. I would love to see that jealousy come out between the two characters.

She's a sucker for punishment given what little the writers supply her with at present. I can't think of anything worse than watching a jealous Esposito act up with Lanie or vice-versa. But she absolutely should find herself a hot new boyfriend and be happy and Espo needs to find some new gal too, at least then Lanie can have something to talk to Kate about other than lividity even if it is back to being all about men again.

Jay Galbo

‏@jayway728

Happy 4th Everyone! Gearing up for #Castle 8 coming soon :)

https://twitter.com/jayway728/status/617512518542471169

Great to see Jay looking fit and well after surviving cancer. Edited by verdana
(edited)

Chad Gomez Creasey ‏@chadgcreasey  26m26 minutes ago

Buzzed by my first drone while writing in the backyard this afternoon. Boy you #Castle fans really want that sneak peek at 804. Happy 4th!

It's only a matter of time before we have a murder by drone COTW if other crime procedurals haven't beat us to it yet.  It does happen on a mass scale in the real world after all. ;)

Tamala's interview did make me laugh, unintentionally I'm sure...

Castle has just been renewed for an eight season. What do you think has been the reason for its success?

Sticking to a formula and the love of our fans. When they don't get enough Lanie or Kate (Stana Katic)/Lanie scenes – Twitter overloads. They like to express how they feel and our showrunners and producers listen. They make sure the fans get what they want.

Seriously?  We haven't had a meaningful or fun Beckett/Lanie scene in how long?  Their friendship felt much stronger to me at the beginning of the series.  And if the showrunners actually listened to fans on twitter, we'd have a different show altogether.  Well lit, well dressed, and probably in Caskett's bedroom 24/7 lol.

How have Lanie and Tamala changed over the past six years?

I think Lanie has become a lot more vocal in her relationship with Kate and how she should be thinking about her life and relationship with Castle. Lanie also has to figure out about her own love life. She loves Esposito (Jon Huertas) but hasn't worked out what's more important to her – her job or her relationship

Again, seriously?  Are we watching the same show?  When has Lanie become more vocal with Kate about Castle or other matters?  They haven't had any 'advice' scenes in ages, and even then I find them one sided and pale in comparison to the sassy and insightful advice offered early on.  They really missed the boat on strengthening the Kate/Lanie relationship not only with advicing her on Castle as that relationship progressed, and really just to have a girlfriend to get giddy with it about it all.  And of course I would welcome any conversation where they didn't discuss the men in their lives.  

I only recall Lanie getting a moment to congratulate Kate on the wedding she wasn't invited to, and then singled out for a hug when Kate was rescued from Nieman.  But I wasn't especially moved because we rarely see this friendship in action in a meaningful way for that moment to feel earned.  Lanie doesn't feel like a special friend to me anymore that different from Ryan or Esposito because we barely get to see her spending any time with Kate.

And I thought Lanie & Esposito had decided that they weren't the special ones for each other?  So the jealousy thing would make no sense.  Not that I care about either's love lives or lack thereof at this point.  Esplanie was a barely there thing and yet the writers still managed to ruin it with their inattention, weird break up and follow up, and general lack of care.

10 seasons of lividity?  I guess the supporting actors know how good they've got it with a steady paying gig even if they barely get anything to do.

And Susan's graduated to posting pics on twitter, yay.  Cute cat.  It would be nice if she posted some pics from set. 

Edited by madmaverick