Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

30 minutes ago, Thak said:

A little bias there, like everyone, but putting this so called insiders info together with other insiders such as Castor Pollock, Lynette Wich, and others on twitter such as Avi Quijada, who works in the business and appears to know some cast and crew behind Castle, the picture that possibly comes into focus is the one I've suspected for awhile.

The two actors have had disagreements, personality clashes that each are guilty of,  but the difference is one was able to remain professional and the other one got petty, held a grudge and caused the tension to escalate on set to the point of it becoming unbearable for his co-star, and possibly the studio.

Avi Quijada has a stream of tweets, and this tweet is one in the stream.   She was speaking to the importance of having the whole story and not just the aftermath.

Avi Quijada ‏@AviQuijada May 9

The whole story. Not what the aftermath was after one party reacted to the other's childish attitude.

0 retweets 0 likes

Not saying that you're not correct, but, just to contextually the stream from Avi Quijada -- she specifically says, both parties are at fault: "Fans trying to defend one party or the other. BOTH sides are responsible. Both had actions to respond to. So accept that shit happened." And her point is, mainly, that, again, we don't have all the information and we likely never will.

I mean, I have my own specific theories as to what's gone down the past year or so, but I'd imagine we all do. I think the thing that we do have to accept is that, sure, maybe one person is more at fault than others, but nobody has a clean record in this situation.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Thak said:

Agree.  The limited interaction was reported as being Nathan's demand, not Stana's.  We even have her stating she had no issues with Nathan.  She also stated in an interview recently that she wasn't friends with Nathan outside the show, he was just a very good colleague.  She always appeared to be keeping things professional. 

Now, I am a fan of Stana's and don't want to trash her, but I think we have to acknowledge that an actor (or their publicist) saying something doesn't mean it is true. They are actors, it's their job to convince us of things that aren't really true.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Now, I am a fan of Stana's and don't want to trash her, but I think we have to acknowledge that an actor (or their publicist) saying something doesn't mean it is true. They are actors, it's their job to convince us of things that aren't really true.

I think it's also important to bear in mind that the initial articles (Deadline and UsWeekly) were both slanted in a very specific way, so it's easy to assume that they were leaked by one person who may or may not have had a biased viewpoint/specific agenda.

Not saying Fillion's innocent in all of this, because I absolutely don't believe that. But, as with a PR statement on Twitter, having someone's rep say something doesn't make it true. 

Edited by chraume
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Thak said:

A little bias there, like everyone, but putting this so called insiders info together with other insiders such as Castor Pollock, Lynette Wich, and others on twitter such as Avi Quijada, who works in the business and appears to know some cast and crew behind Castle, the picture that possibly comes into focus is the one I've suspected for awhile.

The two actors have had disagreements, personality clashes that each are guilty of,  but the difference is one was able to remain professional and the other one got petty, held a grudge and caused the tension to escalate on set to the point of it becoming unbearable for his co-star, and possibly the studio.

Avi Quijada has a stream of tweets, and this tweet is one in the stream.   She was speaking to the importance of having the whole story and not just the aftermath.

Avi Quijada ‏@AviQuijada May 9

The whole story. Not what the aftermath was after one party reacted to the other's childish attitude.

0 retweets 0 likes

She also said this:

"Fans trying to defend one party or the other. BOTH sides are responsible. Both had actions to respond to. So accept that shit happened."

I suspect that both had their moment of pettiness and the other responded by holding a grudge.  And if only one was responsible for holding a grudge, then who knows.  Maybe the other one did something unforgivable.

We'll never know until someone decides to actually tell us, rather than passing these one-sided hints around.

• Love 3

That's the way to go out!!! 

Let's all jump in the pond full of scum and play the blame game...or speak in riddles. 

At the end of the day who f'ing cares. 

The way this show has ended is a disgrace.  Monday can't come soon enough.

• Love 2

This all reminds me of the 2000 Republican primary when Karl Rove started a whisper campaign that John McCain's adopted African American child was actually a child of an affair. No, it wasn't true.  Yes, it worked.

Until we know what really happened, all any of this junk passed to tabloid press (yes, Us Weekly, yes, "anonymous source" Deadline), is just a smear campaign.  It's an act of revenge. Someone needs to come out and say what really happened if there is a real charge. Otherwise, it's just bullshit and should be treated as such.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, chraume said:

Not saying that you're not correct, but, just to contextually the stream from Avi Quijada -- she specifically says, both parties are at fault: "Fans trying to defend one party or the other. BOTH sides are responsible. Both had actions to respond to. So accept that shit happened." And her point is, mainly, that, again, we don't have all the information and we likely never will.

I mean, I have my own specific theories as to what's gone down the past year or so, but I'd imagine we all do. I think the thing that we do have to accept is that, sure, maybe one person is more at fault than others, but nobody has a clean record in this situation.

Again, just my opinion, not claiming to be an insider, plenty of those out there.  I never said only one has a clean record, just appears to me that one was more professional when dealing with the fall out.

• Love 2

Thak, it's clear where your loyalty lies, but it's still hearsay. Who's to say any of these folks don't have a beef with Fillion? We don't know. I don't buy Fillion was a saint. But neither do I buy "poor victimized" Stana Katic.

In any case, it's over. And it's for the best.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, TWP said:

"Fans trying to defend one party or the other. BOTH sides are responsible. Both had actions to respond to. So accept that shit happened."

This sums up the entire Katic vs. Fillion shitfest. Both are overpaid whiners with issues. And they lived miserably ever after! With their piles of cash.

Free at last, free at last, thank God I'm free at last!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

This sums up the entire Katic vs. Fillion shitfest. Both are overpaid whiners with issues. And they lived miserably ever after! With their piles of cash.

Free at last, free at last, thank God I'm free at last!

I definitely would trade my problems for theirs any day ;-).

Thank you, Wendy, for being a great moderator. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, BellyLaughter said:

That's the way to go out!!! 

Let's all jump in the pond full of scum and play the blame game...or speak in riddles. 

At the end of the day who f'ing cares. 

The way this show has ended is a disgrace.  Monday can't come soon enough.

Edited. 

Edited by anoldfriend
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, TWP said:

Thank you, Wendy, for being a great moderator. 

Aww, sweet of you. But I just did my job.  :-)  When it was fun, it was a blast. Then there was the other side. That said, I am still moderating once the show folds (my "freedom" being from fresh crap as there will be no more antics!), as the forum will still be up to talk reruns and reminisce. So don't think y'all get off so easily.  :-)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, anoldfriend said:

I think the speak in riddles was for me.

I'll own up to my snark, but my intention was never to place the blame on any one person. I thought that was clear, in the subtext of my sarcasm.

I think people care because for a long time it was the perfect show, and shows go to shit for a reason.

I think people also care because they don't know, and that makes whatever happened this big mystery to talk about and easy to assign blame. But if everyone knew there'd be nothing to really speculate about. It would just be sad. And it's probably not actually is interesting as some people imagined.

I think it just comes down to long hours on the set, different personalities, and resulting friction, putting Fillion/Katic in the same category as Willis/Shepard, Brosnan/Zimbalist, and back in the day, Duchovny/Anderson.

It's not new and they won't be the last. Hail, hail "couple crime solvers" with BTS drama rivaling their shows.

As we wait for the next pair to follow suit.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, anoldfriend said:

I think the speak in riddles was for me.

I'll own up to my snark, but my intention was never to place the blame on any one person. I thought that was clear, in the subtext of my sarcasm.

I think people care because for a long time it was the perfect show, and shows go to shit for a reason.

Oh you were clear.  I'm just done with the 'he did, she did'stuff.  And you're right - this show was pretty perfect and it's ended in a clusterf**k because of *insert reason here* 

I've just had a gut full of it.  The last 3 weeks have been ridiculous and the fact that I am actually celebrating the ending of a show that I really really loved is really sad.    I am in a bad Castle mood.

i just think if you're not gonna actually say it - don't imply it.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Aww, sweet of you. But I just did my job.  :-)  When it was fun, it was a blast. Then there was the other side. That said, I am still moderating once the show folds (my "freedom" being from fresh crap as there will be no more antics!), as the forum will still be up to talk reruns and reminisce. So don't think y'all get off so easily.  :-)

Ah, and see how words can be mis-interpreted.  I said, "thank you, Wendy, for being a great moderator".  From that you concluded some finality that I didn't intend!  So go the problems with communicating on the internet!  People. read. between. the lines!  (<--small problem, this time, of course).

Sometimes we need to be reminded that we're all writing words, not making tea ;-). No leaves to be read.

Thanks, now and in the future, Wendy!  Oh, and thanks for the past years too!

Edited by TWP
1 minute ago, TWP said:

Thanks, now and in the future, Wendy!  Oh, and thanks for the past years too!

Then I'll be brief so as not to misinterpret: You're welcome.  :-)  (That said, I added the rest as more a general thing as I have seen some posts about "missing" the forum and such! That's all.  :-) So it'll still be here.)

Sigh. I guess brevity escapes me!

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, BellyLaughter said:

Oh you were clear.  I'm just done with the 'he did, she did'stuff.  And you're right - this show was pretty perfect and it's ended in a clusterf**k because of *insert reason here* 

I've just had a gut full of it.  The last 3 weeks have been ridiculous and the fact that I am actually celebrating the ending of a show that I really really loved is really sad.    I am in a bad Castle mood.

i just think if you're not gonna actually say it - don't imply it.

Poof!

Edited by anoldfriend
1 minute ago, anoldfriend said:

Okay fine. They used to have sex, for all intents and purposes they were in a relationship.  It went on for four years but ended badly when she decided to get serious with "the love of her life" and Fillion can't get over it because he can't let anything go, Firefly is a testament to that. 

Happy now? I think everyone knew this, on some level, or just just don't want to believe it because it's the real life trope of all tropes and is ridiculous on the surface. 

As far as your bad mood, and celebration, that's on you, no one can make you feel or do something. 

I think I didn't make myself clear.  

5 minutes ago, anoldfriend said:

Okay fine. They used to have sex, for all intents and purposes they were in a relationship.  It went on for four years but ended badly when she decided to get serious with "the love of her life" and Fillion can't get over it because he can't let anything go, Firefly is a testament to that. 

Happy now? I think everyone knew this, on some level, or just just don't want to believe it because it's the real life trope of all tropes and is ridiculous on the surface. 

As far as your bad mood, and celebration, that's on you, no one can make you feel or do something. 

Do you have a link to the proof of this?

(edited)
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Thak, it's clear where your loyalty lies, but it's still hearsay. Who's to say any of these folks don't have a beef with Fillion? We don't. I don't buy Fillion was a saint. But neither do I buy "poor victimized" Stana Katic.

In any case, it's over. And it's for the best.

Never claimed it was all one persons fault. 

Of course it's all hearsay, opinions aren't facts.  Sharing an observation about something isn't fact.

Edited by Thak
  • Love 3

I don't care if Fillion or Katic have relationships with goats. The simple fact is, they let their personal shit ultimately ruin their show. Yes, the writing didn't help. But perhaps the writing would not have had to go to shit to work around their petty asses if Katic and Fillion could have remembered that they weren't 3 anymore and did their damned jobs - which, by the way, they were well compensated for.

I don't feel sorry for either of them.

I just hope they learned their lesson should they ever become involved in another project.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't care if Fillion or Katic have relationships with goats.

What? they have relationships with goats?  That's a new one.  ;-).  Off to go try and sell it to the tabloids.

::scurrying feet::

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't care if Fillion or Katic have relationships with goats. The simple fact is, they let their personal shit ultimately ruin their show. Yes, the writing didn't help. But perhaps the writing would not have had to go to shit to work around their petty asses if Katic and Fillion could have remembered that they weren't 3 anymore and did their damned jobs - which, by the way, they were well compensated for.

I just hope they learned their lesson should they ever become involved in another project.

Like yo mama always said 

"Don't shit where you eat!!"

2 hours ago, K.M. said:

No, I think he's desperately hoping not to be typecast, which is always a likely problem for an actor who has played a high-profile character for many years.

I also thought Nathan was making a wry joke about his future, but typecast as what, I wonder? A light romantic comedy actor? An author? A spaceship pilot? He's always played some variation of the clever, charming, snarky but strong/steadfast guy, so I'm pretty sure those are the sorts of roles he'd still be be considered for. If he wants to move more into Edward Norton territory, whatever and good for him, but his type was cast long before Castle.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, lordonia said:

I also thought Nathan was making a wry joke about his future, but typecast as what, I wonder? A light romantic comedy actor? An author? A spaceship pilot? He's always played some variation of the clever, charming, snarky but strong/steadfast guy, so I'm pretty sure those are the sorts of roles he'd still be be considered for. If he wants to move more into Edward Norton territory, whatever and good for him, but his type was cast long before Castle.

Huh, the impression I got was that he was making a little dig at the fact that everyone says he's basically playing himself, with Castle. But that makes sense, too. I'd guess typecast as a bit of a man-child? A big, mostly-lovable goof?

I'd love to see him do some dramatic acting next. I get the impression he likes the physical comedy (based on literally nothing other than what I see onscreen on Castle, so obviously I'm probably wrong about that), and I haven't loved any of his work in the past and am unlikely to follow his career in the future, but... I think he could do really well with a more dramatic role. I thought he did very well in eps like 4x23, 7x15, etc. 

Edited by chraume
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I make it a habit not to feel sorry for anyone with millions of dollars. It's a pretty good rule to live by. However, I kind of do care if one of them had a relationship with a goat. That's just too disturbing to let go. 

I also thought Nathan was making a wry joke about his future, but typecast as what, I wonder?

Typecast as himself, I think. His comic con personality and all that.

Edited by KaveDweller

Unless, Seamus needs money and writes a tell all.

Personal BTS drama between Nathan and Stana aside, I would pay good money to read a tell all from Seamus and Jon. They've always been my favorite ambassadors from the show.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, anoldfriend said:

Putting aside your obvious disdain, I'm going to answer you seriously:

No I don't have a "link". That's absurd. I think it's clear my information doesn't come from anywhere "linkable". 

But it's also not fucking crazy either if you do the math. 

Personally I've always thought it was obvious and watched people dance around it for years at TWOP and then here. Now that it's all over, I said it. Believe it or don't, it doesn't matter. 

But the real point is that it's not going to come out from any of the key players because it makes every single person involved look bad. What made it to press after the news broke about Stana was probably the closest you will get. But like I keep saying, that was one POV. Which I think you and I are in agreement there.  

Unless, Seamus needs money and writes a tell all. But even then people won't believe it because it doesn't create the narrative people have in their heads about these NF and SK. Or Susan is that the age where she can say whatever she wants. But she's classy so it's 50/50.

My obvious what?  I have no disdain.  What I do have is doubt, because you're just another anonymous person on the internet.  I have no proof that you know any more than I do.  I refuse to judge anonymous information as anything but BS.  I need proof. 

You've definitely got me figured out when it comes to POV.  I don't think either of these actors are saints or villains.  I do think they're actors, and as Elysium used to say, "all actors are assholes".  "All actors" are actually probably pretty nice sometimes too.  I would like TV a whole lot better if I didn't know anything about the actors who portray characters.  Somehow I find things out and then curiosity is too much for me.  I would like to stop letting it.  If Twitter imploded tomorrow, I think I'd be happier.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, anoldfriend said:

Putting aside your obvious disdain, I'm going to answer you seriously:

No I don't have a "link". That's absurd. I think it's clear my information doesn't come from anywhere "linkable". 

But it's also not fucking crazy either if you do the math. 

Personally I've always thought it was obvious and watched people dance around it for years at TWOP and then here. Now that it's all over, I said it. Believe it or don't, it doesn't matter. 

But the real point is that it's not going to come out from any of the key players because it makes every single person involved look bad. What made it to press after the news broke about Stana was probably the closest you will get. But like I keep saying, that was one POV. Which I think you and I are in agreement there.  

Unless, Seamus needs money and writes a tell all. But even then people won't believe it because it doesn't create the narrative people have in their heads about these NF and SK. Or Susan is that the age where she can say whatever she wants. But she's classy so it's 50/50.

Not saying it's impossible, don't know, but this isn't the only explanation people have talked about over the years.     Other explanations seem more obvious in my opinion, in fact as the years went by those other observations only got stronger. 

Edited by Thak
16 minutes ago, TWP said:

My obvious what?  I have no disdain.  What I do have is doubt, because you're just another anonymous person on the internet.  I have no proof that you know any more than I do.  I refuse to judge anonymous information as anything but BS.  I need proof. 

You've definitely got me figured out when it comes to POV.  I don't think either of these actors are saints or villains.  I do think they're actors, and as Elysium used to say, "all actors are assholes".  "All actors" are actually probably pretty nice sometimes too.  I would like TV a whole lot better if I didn't know anything about the actors who portray characters.  Somehow I find things out and then curiosity is too much for me.  I would like to stop letting it.  If Twitter imploded tomorrow, I think I'd be happier.

BS indeed. Sorry guys, I was just being a troll. Carry on!

I'm leaving this board but I want to thank everyone who read my opinions..

My last thought - Castle's demise wasn't a Fillion-only thing.  Lots of blame to go around, including Sk.  It seems like things were festering and it exploded.  I said - no villians, no saints.  It does strike me as a horrible ending to a great show.  That makes me sad.

2 minutes ago, break21 said:

I'm leaving this board but I want to thank everyone who read my opinions..

You're leaving the entire board due to a single topic in a single forum?

(edited)

, and he said, "don't date the people you work with".  Not conclusive of anything of course, but it's a working theory.

Off the top of my head that would include Dana Delaney, Perry Reeve, Krista Allen, and Kristen Lehman on Castle. And Christina Hendricks from Firefly. He escorted Stana Katic to a couple of industry events. I'm not sure 'events' should count as 'dating'.

Edited by femmefan1946

well... that was a surprise!
I have to admit when I first read it I giggled, cause I mean common ABC was trolling us right? right!

I am a tad sad cause I did enjoy this show. At least for 5-6 seasons. After that it was quite uneven but still had some good moments.
Apparently it was time for it to end.

We might never learn the truth about the relationship between the two stars, but when you have a season where the romantically involved leads don't have much screen time together, then you know it is time to wrap things up. It doesn't matter who was the guilty or not, the thing wasn't working anymore.

So thanks to everyone involved, writers, crew, cast, producers.
And a big fat middle finger to ABC for screwing this up and making the end of show a stupid soap opera and many fans feeling relieved it was canceled. 
Well, judging from how ABC went "Games on Thrones" on its own shows last nite, it is not a surprise they didn't let Castle end in style.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

100% agreed. I think we've all had co-workers we didn't get along with but still managed to be professional, and for a lot less money. No one's ever paid me to pretend to like a co-worker.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if they were ever romantically involved or not. If they were and it (obviously) didn't work out, they still should've been professional about it, cause that is possible (e.g. Kaley Cuoco & Johnny Galecki, The Big Bang Theory). 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Yeah, it bugs me too. I don't know when, but at some point everything Alexis did started annoying me. I hope that she doesn't have too much screentime in the finale.

That's the I love you exchange from the promo, but apparently it didn't go with the video footage we saw there.

Maybe they say it again later in the episode? I've seen the promo a few times and the shot shows them saying the words to each other in that outdoor scene. 

With them getting rid of the cliffhanger, I wonder if all the scenes in the promo will make it to the final version of the episode. 

I don't care if Fillion or Katic have relationships with goats. 

What The Hell Did I Miss?

There have been times on this forum when I've paid a visit and obviously missed some rather interesting discussions which have since got edited and deleted and I've shrugged and thought oh well but this one made me sit up in shock. 

I just hope the goat got paid off good by both parties lol!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, verdana said:

What The Hell Did I Miss?

LOL! Nothing, really. Call it extreme hyperbole when talking about the usual backstage crap. I got...a bit riled up.  :-P

I can believe they fucked on and off in the early years and that made things difficult, she was almost crawling over him in those S1 interviews, they looked so hot for each other back then. Sigh

I've also assumed clashing personalities/star egos/long working hours did the rest.

But what I don't buy into is the idea that Fillion never got over it hence his odd behaviour towards her yet I've heard that from a number of places. 

From what little I've seen of his modus operandi dating wise he likes to fuck and then move on after four of five months and keep things as friendly as possible with the ladies afterwards because he's definitely a guy who looks like he doesn't need the emotional hassle. The Firefly obsession I get but his weird at times passive aggressiveness with Katic I don't.  If anything I'd have thought she'd be the one with the issues over the end of any sexual relationship not him. 

Okay moving on from goats and gossip.

9 hours ago, K.M. said:

No, I think he's desperately hoping not to be typecast, which is always a likely problem for an actor who has played a high-profile character for many years. Coming off being a lead character in a major show usually goes one of two ways: you either get something else high profile right away, for instance a juicy movie role, or you get nothing but bit parts and essentially vanish from the mainstream view until casting directors think enough time has passed and everyone's forgotten your previous role enough to believe you can play something else.

Well in that case he needs to be worried about being cast as a badly dressed buffoon because that's basically what he's been playing the last few seasons for the most part - and seemingly enjoying it. I hesitate to say he's been playing himself for the last few years because I (a) I don't know him and (b) I presume actors are putting on a show pretending to be something they're not in some way constantly be it on screen or off because it's what they love doing but I hope for his sake he does something completely different to prove to the doubters that he's got range. 

(edited)
30 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

LOL! Nothing, really. Call it extreme hyperbole when talking about the usual backstage crap. I got...a bit riled up.  :-P

Oh thank Christ for that, you had me seriously worried that I might have to reassess my views on Katic and Fillion. I want to be open minded but I have to draw the line at...goats.

That goat compilation lol you can find anything on youtube.

Someone beat me to it but thanks Wendy you're a great moderator, it's no easy job keeping the discussions flowing but also knowing when to step in and stop the rot before things get out of hand. I know doing your job can be a huge pain sometimes but glad to hear you're sticking around for your sins heh. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

Boy, what did I miss?  Goat drama!  I thought Seamus' wife was the one with the goat fetish heh....  bring on the animal farm orgy!  But please let it be a free range goat.  It's sad to see them behind fences, not very romantic.

I had no intention of opening a can of worms (goats) and re-igniting any blame game with my pet theory about the actors.  I'd hoped we'd be done with the drama; I certainly am over it.  At the end of the day, we aren't witnesses to their personal or professional lives, which are their own business, and I think it's best that we leave judgments behind.  

Wendy, thanks for your level headed moderation.  It's often a thankless job so I salute you. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Could be hyperbole, could be a statement of fact. Depends on where you put your emphasis in the sentence.

5 hours ago, sugarrush said:

Coincidentally, I've just found a video of both Fillion and Katic's victims.

So, you guys are saying that one or both of them is just kidding?

• Love 1

I, for one, can't see Fillion holding a grudge if the issue was just about sex. He seems to lose interest in the women he's dating. I more think it was professional jealousy on both sides.  Some issues that might have problematic? He has more contacts than she did. That might have been threatening for her. Marlowe was giving her more to do than he got, even though he's equally capable and was supposed to be the lead. She wanted to get into directing (see the last Paley fest ) and it made him feel like she was taking the show over in every way. Things like that over the years could have eroded their relationship to the point of nonexistence. If Katic's camp was responsible for the public leaks of her departure, one can guess how the vengefulness might have played out on both sides.

Personally, I think Marlowe should have gotten Caskett together early on, long before the drawing out of their relationship almost created a dysfunctionality in the audience surrounding the possibility of breaking them up.

Get them together. Manipulate the audience into thinking a breakup is for the best and then have them move on to other people. Give one or both of them a well-developed love interest. Then, they might have continued a decent show without having to work around the finicky leads and relationship deterioration over time.  The deterioration is more likely than not to happen.

Of course Caskett was a crutch the show leaned on in the absence of other ideas to keep the audience. But I think the shows with the greatest longevity work hard not to put too much weight on any particular story line.

Fillion chose the role of Castle from a stack of scripts because he said that Castle was just like him. The later buffoonishness probably came out of Nathan wanting to do self-deprecating comedy and the writers not knowing how to write him well in that capacity. Just my impression.  They should have hired some talented comedy writers if they wanted to do comedy.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, metaphor said:

Maybe they say it again later in the episode? I've seen the promo a few times and the shot shows them saying the words to each other in that outdoor scene. 

With them getting rid of the cliffhanger, I wonder if all the scenes in the promo will make it to the final version of the episode. 

I'm 99% sure all the scenes from the promo will be in the final product...

ETA: But I've only watched the promo once so of course that's going off trying to remember what they showed in it to start with. Heh.

Edited by Nadine