Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

2 minutes ago, Cyranetta said:

Nobody has mentioned Gates yet as a LokSat possibility...or Jenny...or that tech that got replaced by Vikram...anyone tossed overboard from the cast list...<g>

Or Lanie. All that lividity was to throw us off, make us think she was clueless. Loksat=Lanie certainly would explain why Penny is leaving..

50 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

At this stage? Anywhere between now and at upfronts.

I'm starting to think CBS/CW has ABC and NBC tied up and stuck in a closet. #purespeculation.

Ooh, maybe CBS is Loksat!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TWP said:

I'm starting to think CBS/CW has ABC and NBC tied up and stuck in a closet. #purespeculation.

Ooh, maybe CBS is Loksat!

You forgot Fox altogether. (That's okay, so does Nielsen.)

#spoiler ;-) The new spinoff will be called Chicago PI and moved to NBC. Now that NBC has announced Chicago Justice, I'm pretty sure they're only lacking a PI franchise. May as well take over Castle.

4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

You forgot Fox altogether. (That's okay, so does Nielsen.)

Hasn't Fox already announced their lineup? 

Nielsen: 1 word, EMPIRE! But they're even sliding.

In true soap fashion we'll hear Nathan's voiceover ... The role of Kate Beckett is now being played by <insert actress name>.

Someone please put me out of my misery.

(edited)

It would be funny/crazy if the show did get cancelled after all the madness.  I don't see the point of them bothering to negotiate with the actors if they weren't inclined to renew though.  Did they negotiate with the Nashville actors?  I think ABC really wants procedurals and that's where Castle has an advantage over something like Nashville.  I have no idea about schedules and how many holes ABC has to fill, but from what I recall, their crop of drama pilots actually sounded interesting to me.

Hmm... so Nashville had hired some well known showrunners for the season that they're now not going to get.  Getting those showrunners on board obviously wasn't enough to get the show renewed.  Not sure how that worked.  Why were they hired in the first place?  Castle can't attract any showrunners of that calibre.  So maybe deals with actors aren't a sign of renewal either.

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

Right now, I'm feeling like all the TV media websites are LokSat and they've made a deal with ABC to not announce a renewal decision until the very last minute so they can milk this thing to the last drop and get as many clicks by impatiently waiting fans as possible

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

It would be funny/crazy if the show did get cancelled after all the madness.  I don't see the point of them bothering to negotiate with the actors if they weren't inclined to renew though.  Did they negotiate with the Nashville actors?  I think ABC really wants procedurals and that's where Castle has an advantage over something like Nashville.  I have no idea about schedules and how many holes ABC has to fill, but from what I recall, their crop of drama pilots actually sounded interesting to me.

I'm pretty sure they didn't negotiate with the Nashville actors because next year would have been only Season 5. The production company did fire the creator/showrunner and hired two others who had worked on 30-Something. That rearrangement made me think it would be a go. Oh well. It's produced by Lionsgate rather than ABC. Maybe it'll go to cable. I'm pretty sure they're leaving a big cliffhanger. Oh well.

And The Catch has been renewed as well. This is could be the day...

The Family has been cancelled.

And they've added a new Shonda show based on Romeo and Juliet

The production company did fire the creator/showrunner and hired two others who had worked on 30-Something. 

If only we could have had showrunners who had worked on a relationship show about 30 somethings working on Castle. ;)

The fact that Laurie Zaks hasn't managed to produce a show that didn't get cancelled shortly since leaving Castle just shows how difficult it is for any TV project to make it to pilot, make it to series order, make it to renewal.  Having a star like Joan Allen isn't a guarantee of success.  Anyone watched The Family?  I only watched the pilot.  Is it worth catching up on to see whodunit?

Anyone watched The Family?  I only watched the pilot.  Is it worth catching up on to see whodunit?

A friend of mine at the gym really likes it. It seems a bit like Quantico from what she tells me - this person did it! No, this other person did!

• Love 1

Good grief - does Shonda have the goods on the execs at ABC or something - to hand over all this prime time time to her?  If it were good stuff, great - but, well....

I'm in with The Catch IF and only IF John Simms stays on board because otherwise it bored me to death.

Not surprised at Nashville given what it turned into - 

they probably have everyone's undivided attention, so a renewal would probably blow straight up into their face...

Or maybe they hope (foolishly) that it will get buried in the avalanche of renewal/cancellation updates.

3 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

What are the odds they're announcing Castle tonight? Right now, they probably have everyone's undivided attention, so a renewal would probably blow straight up into their face...

The fallout has been going on since the moment Katic's departure was leaked. At this point, I think ABC is ready for the blowback, whichever way.

3 minutes ago, MaryM47 said:

Other ABC shows on the bubble are Agent Carter, Dr. Ken, The Muppets, and Galavant, all more likely to be cancelled than renewed from what I've read.

Oh, god, no, not Agent Carter. They have one smart show. What could it hurt to keep it on life support?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

If only we could have had showrunners who had worked on a relationship show about 30 somethings working on Castle. ;)

The fact that Laurie Zaks hasn't managed to produce a show that didn't get cancelled shortly since leaving Castle just shows how difficult it is for any TV project to make it to pilot, make it to series order, make it to renewal.  Having a star like Joan Allen isn't a guarantee of success.  Anyone watched The Family?  I only watched the pilot.  Is it worth catching up on to see whodunit?

I've really been enjoying The Family. It has some issues, but it is entertaining and has a griping mystery.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Julia said:

Oh, god, no, not Agent Carter. They have one smart show. What could it hurt to keep it on life support?

Kind of hard without Peggy Carter. (Hayley Atwell is also one of the leads for the probable/possible ABC pickup, Conviction.)

I thought I read that they were working it out so she could do both if necessary, but apparently to no avail. That was a great show. 

I'm noticing how anxious I am to hear about Castle's fate, when frankly it's a lose/lose situation.

(edited)

I watched the first half of Quantico but then I kind of lost interest even though I like serialised shows because it was too much of - this person did it!  No, this other person did, week in week out.  Ran a little out of steam.  But maybe I'll dip back in to see whodunit.

Kave, Locksat didn't do it on The Family, did he/she/it? ;) Might check in to see whodunit.  That's how they reel me back in. ;)

Oh my, they're seriously doing a spin off to The Good Wife?  I thought that was just a hypothetical.  Networks sure love their spinoffs nowadays. 

Edited by madmaverick
1 minute ago, madmaverick said:

I watched the first half of Quantico but then I kind of lost interest even though I like serialised shows because it was too much of - this person did it!  No, this other person did, week in week out.  Ran a little out of steam.  But maybe I'll dip back in to see whodunit.

Kave, Locksat didn't do it on The Family, did he/she/it? ;) Might check in to see whodunit.  That's how they reel me back in. ;)

The Family isn't really a whodunit in that sense, they show you who did it in the beginning, it's more about figuring out what exactly everyone did.

10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Kind of hard without Peggy Carter. (Hayley Atwell is also one of the leads for the probable/possible ABC pickup, Conviction.)

She's said that given the short season she'd be willing to do both.

Demming transferred from Burglary to Vice/Drugs and away from the 12th precinct.

There he fell into Bracken's web.

Still hurt that Beckett threw him over for Castle, when he wipes out the Washington gang, he realizes her involvement and, now addled by sampling his own product, decides she has to die along with everyone she loves.

See, the drugs explain why he doesn't notice that she and Castle are still together.... he's mostly stoned.

Now, on paid sick leave, while he attempts to kick the drugs, he contacted El Oso to kill Castle, but when El Oso instead recruits Castle as his biographer, he returns to his original plan, putting Hayley and Vikram into action, first to kidnap Alexis, swinging both Beckett and Castle into full badass mode to retrieve her, then to capture Beckett, who he secretes in his secret hideout... oh darn .... where is the secret hideout? ..... someplace no one ever goes? ... Aha! Levittown!...making Castle believe she is dead.

And.... first commercial break.

With Agent Carter gone, Marvel's Most Wanted will probably get the chance to do the 8-10 ep replacement spot when AoS goes on winter hiatus.

7 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

I made it to about ep 16-17 before I just didn't care anymore. I'll probably just read the forum just to find out who was the mastermind.

(edited)

Sniff.

eta: Sniff Agent Carter. Except for really wanting to see some assumptions challenged, the death of Castle will change my life exactly not.

Edited by Julia

If it really is cancelled, I'm not sorry to see it go and Caskett can get the happy ending they deserve.  But I bet it'll still be a rather anticlimatic ending courtesy of Locksat.

All that rage for nothing. ;)

I don't think the cancellation decision had that much to do with any fan cancellation campaign, though no doubt those supporters will think they made a difference. ;)  Tptb just found their new drama pilots more promising than a Castle S9.   

• Love 1

Bummer. With all those contracts, I wouldn't be surprised to find something else in the works.

I'm thrilled that the cancelation should quiet Twitter.

For me, 2 out of the 3 shows I watch with any enthusiasm are gone. Maybe Big Bang Theory will stay, but since I like it, probably not.