Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

(edited)
14 minutes ago, FlickerToAFlame said:

So Alexi and TPW *still* haven't commented on *their* show being cancelled. At the very least, wouldn't you think they would tweet out a little promo/encouragement to watch?

Weird. 

TPW is not a very prolific tweeter to be fair to him, but Hawley, who normally indulged, has only tweeted three times since the news broke about Stana and Tamala not being asked back. One about the scoring for 8x22, one to congratulate someone for their show being picked up, and his only tweet about the cancellation was on May 14 when he retweeted Kelly Clarkson

Alexi Hawley Retweeted

Kelly Clarkson ‏@kelly_clarkson May 14

I may or may not be in a slight depression still in shock by #Castle being canceled #ABCyouaredeadtome #justkidding #noimnot

And they've not given any interviews about the events of April 18 and after, at least none have been posted yet by TV Line or whoever.

Edited by westwingfan
13 minutes ago, westwingfan said:

TPW is not a very prolific tweeter to be fair to him, but Hawley, who normally indulged, has only tweeted three times since the news broke about Stana and Tamala not being asked back. One about the scoring for 8x22, one to congratulate someone for their show being picked up, and his only tweet about the cancellation was on May 14 when he retweeted Kelly Clarkson

Alexi Hawley Retweeted

Kelly Clarkson ‏@kelly_clarkson May 14

I may or may not be in a slight depression still in shock by #Castle being canceled #ABCyouaredeadtome #justkidding #noimnot

And they've not given any interviews about the events of April 18 and after, at least none have been posted yet by TV Line or whoever.

No, there's nothing out there. The quotes which were used in various other articles all were from the interview they gave about having an alternate ending which happened a few days before April 18th. I know I've said so before but this silence is really weird especially since Hawley especially as been so present up until April 18th. Maybe ABC didn't like what he was proposing for next season and he was sulking? (Just kidding)

I'm dying to know who this little girl plays tonight. And hoping it doesn't involve Beckett dying and her baby living (turning into Rainey in a flash forward).

@actressrainey I loved working with @NathanFillion on the series finale of @Castle_ABC can't wait to watch 5/16 10pm PDT! #CastleFinale Thanks @ABCNetwork!

(edited)
14 minutes ago, MaryM47 said:

I may be reading too much into this but, ummm, if she only worked with NF...

The Stanatics are already harassing her, only mildly, thankfully.  What about Stana!!!!  Obviously the child didn't work with Stana.  The child is NOT taking sides.

I'm not sure how they could have a child if Stana dies in gunfire, though.  Makes no sense other than if they kept her body alive while she was brain dead or something.  That would be too gross for a show like this, though.  That's a Shonda Rhimes thing.

Edited by TWP

I thought so too. She may not have anything to do with being a Caskett child though. I also wonder if her parts will even air, as she tweeted this too:

@actressrainey Now we'll never really know!  Still excited for the #CastleFinale airing May 16!! Thank you @ABCNetwork

in reply to this:

Lili as Rainey Spurlock probably Beckett's daughter #caskettbaby

So if Beckett was killed off in the Season finaleperhaps we were given a Caskett daughter as a consolation prize. Then Season 9 may have included  a cute new little girl for Castle PI to be a doting dad to, since Alexis is all grown now. 

2 minutes ago, MaryM47 said:

So if Beckett was killed off in the Season finaleperhaps we were given a Caskett daughter as a consolation prize. Then Season 9 may have included  a cute new little girl for Castle PI to be a doting dad to, since Alexis is all grown now. 

But how would she have a daughter if she was killed off in the season finale, unless significant time jump and then death?  Like I said, giving birth while brain dead is a Shonda thing ;-).

1 minute ago, TWP said:

But how would she have a daughter if she was killed off in the season finale, unless significant time jump and then death?  Like I said, giving birth while brain dead is a Shonda thing ;-).

Now, there's some nice double talk when you speak about showrunners :-P

(edited)

Leave the poor child actress alone!  Unless you're really interested in her work.  I feel sorry for all the guest stars who got bugged over the years by fans who were not the least bit interested in them for themselves, only for what info they could provide about Castle actors.  And God help them if they only mention one Castle actor and not everyone. ;)

That said, these child actors or their management sure start out young on twitter. ;)  

Remember that photo of Castle and a young Alexis walking hand in hand in the park from S1?  That was a sweet shot.  If they are going to go with Caskett babies, another shot like that could be nice. 

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Now, there's some nice double talk when you speak about showrunners :-P

????  I was shortcutting the statement I made a couple posts above.  Here's what I said:

I'm not sure how they could have a child if Stana dies in gunfire, though.  Makes no sense other than if they kept her body alive while she was brain dead or something.  That would be too gross for a show like this, though.  That's a Shonda Rhimes thing.

And you know Shonda would do something like that.  Remember when the baby was swiped from the womb on Private Practice.  Nothing is out of the question in Shondaland.  (and yes, I know that happened in real life, but so did carrying a baby to term while in a no-hope coma).

Edited by TWP

But how would she have a daughter if she was killed off in the season finale, unless significant time jump and then death?

True. My dumb. But after this season I'd not put anything past the writers ;)

Beckett being brain-dead for nine mojths, then having a baby, then flashing forward again to see that little girl is an awful lot to cover in just part of an episode that would have ended in a cliffhanger. And it doesn't seem to make sense if people didn't know for sure Stana was leaving. 

Maybe the cliffhanger would have been finding out Beckett forgot she once gave birth in Vegas?

• Love 2

I do wonder if they'll put the season finale ending in the DVDs, or even any footage of Castle PI that they might have filmed for the upfronts - might be the only way to get people to buy them. 

(edited)

I do think it's interesting that she only seemed to have worked with Nathan, and that she said now we'll never know. I'd have thought the season finale ending wouldn't contain any time jump and would just set up Beckett's possible exit. They could easily have done the jump in 9.01 if the show had been renewed without Stana.

Then again, maybe the child's appearance would be the cliffhanger in itself? Ah. Who knows.

Only ~4 hours left till we know Castle and Beckett's ultimate onscreen fates. 

Edit:

Rainey posted this in reply to a question: @drrvag @CastlePromos @NathanFillion @Castle_ABC @ABCNetwork yes, also had a wonderful time working with @Stana_Katic - she's so lovely!!!

I guess we'll see.

Edited by metaphor
52 minutes ago, TWP said:

????  I was shortcutting the statement I made a couple posts above. 

I know. It's just that you can view the "giving birth" metaphorically as "giving birth to an idea" and the "brain dead" thing... well, a case can be made that sometimes showrunners seem to "give birth" to ideas which make you wonder if they're temporarily "brain dead". ;-) Never mind.

Once again fans got an answer for their 'persistence'.  ;)

Leave anyone out of your tweets at your own peril!  Fail to compliment everyone at your own peril!  The wrath of fans will descend upon you!

One of the most absurd instances that stick out in my mind was that time when Susan tweeted some bts pic of her with Nathan and Molly and fans went crazy on her.  But let's not count the fandom absurdities on a day to celebrate the show. 

*spoiler alert*  The girl is Locksat!!

9 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

People really tweeted a child complaining that she didn't mention Stana? God, some people need to let things go. Why is it always him vs her?

Because some can't live without draaaaaaaaaaama. Jesus, it's a kid. Some of these fools need help. Seriously.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

Once again fans got an answer for their 'persistence' constant badgering. 

Fixed. (And took out the smiley as I don't think they deserve it!)

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

Once again fans got an answer for their 'persistence'.  ;)

Leave anyone out of your tweets at your own peril!  Fail to compliment everyone at your own peril!  The wrath of fans will descend upon you!

One of the most absurd instances that stick out in my mind was that time when Susan tweeted some bts pic of her with Nathan and Molly and fans went crazy on her.  But let's not count the fandom absurdities on a day to celebrate the show. 

*spoiler alert*  The girl is Locksat!!

Crazy thought. Maybe it's a spoof account. I got thinking so when she responded to "@Beckettsbitch". I can't see her mom letting her reply to that one.

Edited by TWP
(edited)

Rainey's Twitter account has NO followers  with "official" checkmarks next to their names. Until confirmed otherwise, I'm going to say spoof account.

Still, I think some people are out of hand. What if it really is her?

Edited by TWP

Kids grow up fast on social media nowadays but that kid seems too young to me to tweet so fluently.  So it's probably her PR conscious mom or her manager doing the tweeting anyway.  I hope these kid actors get to keep their innocence in the world of Hollywood.  At least it sounds like she did have fun working on Castle. 

4 hours ago, madmaverick said:

Verdana, did you get a laugh out of Luke calling Nathan his male muse?  Lol.  If that's the way he dresses his male muse, I shudder at the thought of how he dresses mere mortals.  Adios to ugly Castle menswear.  I won't miss you.  I'll never forget Beckett's swimsuit and wedding dress either.  Iconic, heh.  

Oh how I laughed till my sides ached, dear me, I'm with you there on not missing Luke, knowing my luck he'll get hired on the next show I get attached to, as for that wedding dress and swimsuit argh! Both of those outfits still give me nightmares. 

I won't miss Bowman's directing in the dark either.  But there should be at least some Caskett scenes set outdoors so not much Bowman can do to ruin those, I hope.  Let's see if there's one last silhouette shot. ;)

Me neither, you never know even outdoors he may have found some contraption that completely blocks out the sun...sigh

31 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Maybe the cliffhanger would have been finding out Beckett forgot she once gave birth in Vegas?

Sure why not, she's forgotten so much about when she was there, why not a baby heh.

1 hour ago, madmaverick said:

That said, these child actors or their management sure start out young on twitter. ;)  

Yeah that's what I was thinking, how old is that kid any way? I'm useless judging their ages. She look so young, there is no way in hell I'd be letting a child on twitter or anything else at that age I don't give a crap how much they'd whine about how all their friends are on it. Good luck in Hollywood kid! 

Video of Tamala answering fan questions.  Her PR's hard at work.  Gotta say, her 'girls' are a little distracting.  Heh, remember that line in S1/2 where she told Castle to stop checking out her girls?

I wanted to laugh when she was asked what was her favourite line (*coughlividitycough*).  But she chose well.  "Girl, I'ma going to smack you!"

Apparently, she took lots of mementos from the Castle set.  But what was there for her to take, I wonder?  The morgue wasn't exactly full of props I'd care for heh.  

I think I like the version of Beckett/Lanie friendship that may exist in the actors' heads rather than the weak version we ended up getting on screen.  That was definitely a relationship that went by the wayside after S1/2 in my opinion.  And Lanie's advice started being strange and off later on.

And just No to Esplanie.  Let it go, girl. 

Tamala wisely name checked almost all of her costars. :P ;)  Stana's sweet and she'll miss pinching Nathan's butt lol.  Although she has always seemed genuinely fond of everyone.  I wish her the best in her career and hope she gets to do more in her next role, but at least she'll have Castle syndication money to keep her trucking. 

Oh how I laughed till my sides ached, dear me, I'm with you there on not missing Luke, knowing my luck he'll get hired on the next show I get attached to, as for that wedding dress and swimsuit argh! Both of those outfits still give me nightmares. 

The funny thing is I think he'll be submitting that wedding dress and swimsuit as part of his portfolio for his next job interview because he's so proud of them!  Wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere shared his tastes.  No one objected to them on Castle. ;)

I'm assuming it's her mom/dad tweeting. She doesn't look old enough to write by herself (but I'm terrible at guessing ages).

With no spelling errors too.  Rare thing that, on twitter. ;)

Tamala live tweeted Castle after finding out she'd been cut. That takes some strength. I'll be following her wherever she goes, "girls" and all,  LOL.

• Love 3

It's sad that Castle is ending.  If not for the BTS drama, I think the show could have lasted a few more seasons.  ABC caught lightning in a bottle with Fillion and Katic, too bad it turned into such a mess.  ABC is treating the show so poorly.  It has been a steady  performer  for the past eight seasons and yet there has been no promotion at all for the series finale. ABC is just going to let it fade away.  

• Love 5

As for Stana, can't say I enjoyed her with Mark Polish but that could have more to do with his acting and the poor script than her.  But I have to say that the trailer for her new film The Rendezvous didn't impress either and I didn't see any particular chemistry between her character and the male lead.

The Rendezvous looks like a cheap imitation of Da Vinci Code, but I was surprised that I didn't really see Stana's character as Beckett. She seemed to have a different vibe.

I think Nathan and Stana have always been better in scenes together than apart. I never thought either of them were bad when on their own, but they were just missing something they had together. I would love if years down the line they got over their issues and we got one of those Castle reboot TV-movies that are all the rage these days. I'm sure that's pretty unlikely though.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

The Rendezvous looks like a cheap imitation of Da Vinci Code, but I was surprised that I didn't really see Stana's character as Beckett. She seemed to have a different vibe.

I don't know... the trailer just came across as a bit amateurish and melodramatic?  Maybe they were going for the Da Vinci Code/Indiana Jones vibe, but it didn't impress me from the trailer alone and the dialogue was kind of Castle bad.  I didn't see Stana's character as Beckett but I thought her accent sounded really weird and it was distracting.  Also strange seeing 'Meredith' there.

I would love if years down the line they got over their issues and we got one of those Castle reboot TV-movies that are all the rage these days. I'm sure that's pretty unlikely though.

Are TV movies all the rage though?  I can't recall the last one I've seen.  If it makes financial sense for the network and for the actors, never say never.  I'm just not sure it's a financial model the network's interested in right now.

I'm trying to think of TV shows that got a TV movie treatment a few years down the line, but none jump to mind. In this era of streaming, I'd think it more likely that if something of that nature were to come to fruition, it would be more like a Gilmore Girls situation, where tempers cool several years down the road, and Marlowe, like Amy S-P, gets the gang back together for a revival on Netflix or Hulu.  There are a million different factors at play, obviously, and while both Castle and GG burned it to the ground in their last season, I wonder if Castle can maintain the good will and fan support that GG has enjoyed through the years, especially after the debacle of the past few weeks. Not that fan support alone can create a revival, but I'm sure it's a big selling point to the studio and producers who are hoping for as big an audience as possible. 

8 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

I don't know... the trailer just came across as a bit amateurish and melodramatic?  Maybe they were going for the Da Vinci Code/Indiana Jones vibe, but it didn't impress me from the trailer alone and the dialogue was kind of Castle bad.  I didn't see Stana's character as Beckett but I thought her accent sounded really weird and it was distracting.  Also strange seeing 'Meredith' there.

Are TV movies all the rage though?  I can't recall the last one I've seen.  If it makes financial sense for the network and for the actors, never say never.  I'm just not sure it's a financial model the network's interested in right now.

I agree about the movie itself, I just meant Stana at least seemed to be doing okay with the material. But I really don't get some of her film choices.

Reboots are all the rage, but maybe I meant mini-series more than TV movies. They are more than just one episode, but not even a half-season of episodes. Or they are on Netflix/Hulu/Whatever.

Tweet from Christina Applegate:

sad about Castle.When I was preggo I binge watched a few seasons.Making me a total fan. Goodnight @NathanFillion and @Stana_Katic thank you

1 hour ago, Penpal said:

It's sad that Castle is ending.  If not for the BTS drama, I think the show could have lasted a few more seasons.  ABC caught lightning in a bottle with Fillion and Katic, too bad it turned into such a mess.  ABC is treating the show so poorly.  It has been a steady  performer  for the past eight seasons and yet there has been no promotion at all for the series finale. ABC is just going to let it fade away.  

Maybe no promotion is not a good sign as to how it ends... Maybe they prefer people to not take notice so they won't have any more bad publicity. (Yeah, I'm in a rather pessimistic mood right now)

(edited)

I would love to see Susan Sullivan guest star in something like Grace and Frankie.

I hope so. We Boomers want to see shows that reflect us. And we still have a lot of money to spend (hint to advertisers).

Makes no sense other than if they kept her body alive while she was brain dead or something.  That would be too gross for a show like this, though.  That's a Shonda Rhimes thing.

Ugh. There was a driveby shooting in Toronto last night. A pregnant woman was killed and her five month fetus is in the NICU. At least the baby's care will be covered by OHIP (medicare).

Then Season 9 may have included  a cute new little girl for Castle PI to be a doting dad to, since Alexis is all grown now. 

Or a granddaughter. Because Alexis is all grown up.

Edited by femmefan1946
17 minutes ago, anoldfriend said:

If people were willing to work with Lauren Graham again, anything is possible.

Intriguing. I know Scott Patterson and LG didn't get along, but this "people" comment shades it a bit differently.

The episode is airing in the Maritimes in Canada now. Sounds action-packed. 

19 minutes ago, anoldfriend said:

Wait, what's wrong with Lauren Graham? She seems so nice.

Sigh. This thread is sometimes depressing.

• Love 3

My mother is visiting us and watching DWTS and they just said "stay tuned for the final ever episode of Castle." I was in another room and ran in to rewind it to be sure. She thinks I'm mad but it did make me feel a bit sad. Also made me wonder about the reason for recent BTS melodrama.

Since you've been gettin' all truthy up in here lately, we die-hard GG fans need details!

35 minutes ago, metaphor said:

The episode is airing in the Maritimes in Canada now. Sounds action-packed. 

Yeah. After having not watched this season at all, I did watch the last 10 minutes.  You can tell it was a bit tacked on there, the very end, but let's just say I'm not complaining.

• Love 2

I think the showrunners knew their finale was crappy, not to mention the furore surrounding the cast exits.  Hence their radio silence before it aired.  Their statement was predictably meh as their vision was this season.

No comment on Hawley but disappointed with how TPW's writing skills have fallen in my estimation.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah I agree they knew it was a pile of crud, if they didn't then I worry for them, the promotion for the finale was also very poor given this was the end. 

Castle went out with a whimper sadly. 

TPW fall from grace is frustrating, I hope he can move on and start producing the goods again. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Agreed. I randomly picked Cops and Robbers to rewatch the other night, and that episode was excellent. I understand they had constraints this season, but it's hard to believe this was the best they could do in light of those. I also watched bits of 7x01, 7x02 and 7x23, and even those felt better and more right than anything I've seen this season. 

I was also disappointed in that message from the showrunners. It felt very perfunctory and never really addressed anything. Meanwhile, Marlowe's tweets to each regular cast member and to the fans prior to episode airing were much more meaningful. 

Oh well. I'm just glad that that image of Beckett bleeding out on the floor clutching Castle's hand didn't have to be my last image ever of Kate Beckett on this show. No matter how poorly handled this entire season was, all the way to that rushed tag, I feel like I can still look back with fondness. It's a better ending than what could have been.

• Love 1