Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Jesus how out of touch are these people? That's the last thing fans want to see as promo material with barely weeks to go before the premiere. I can't believe they put that out. 

If fans wanted any further confirmation that things have fundamentally changed, that tweet sums it up.

It's all the comments underneath that are making me laugh, I'm still scrolling to the bottom of the comments but I have only come across one positive. I can't say I don't agree this is not going to go down well within fandom or the general viewers.

Plus, looking at the promo have they changed Castle's PI office into something ultra modern instead of the gumshoe PI look last season which I kind of loved?

• Love 1

It's all the comments underneath that are making me laugh, I'm still scrolling to the bottom of the comments but I have only come across one positive. I can't say I don't agree this is not going to go down well within fandom or the general viewers.

Plus, looking at the promo have they changed Castle's PI office into something ultra modern instead of the gumshoe PI look last season which I kind of loved?

There has been a predominently negative reaction to the new poster on Twitter, but on FB there is more parity, possibly even leaning towards the positive. There are 27000 likes, but of course there isn't a dislike button.

I believe one of the crew tweeted some time ago that they have rebuilt Castle's PI office and also Beckett's Captain's office.

On one hand I can see why they've done it because they don't seem to know how to do with Molly. However, I don't see this situation as a natural progression for either character, the idea that Alexis has this sudden burning desire to join dad in the seedy world of the PI business seems odd and more importantly I can't see her dad actively encouraging it given the possible inherent dangers and general unpleasantness they must encounter.

They also seem keen based on that clip in the promo of promoting the idea of Castle being treated like a patsy by his brilliant pseudo detective daughter (now partner) and I can guarantee that's going to annoy fans real quick if they keep that particular dynamic going. 

Especially after the Pi storyline in season 6. What happened to: It's my life. I wanna go as far away from you as possible and when I get back I wanna live my life the way I want it. Butt out. Keep your mouth shut about it.

What happened to that ?!?!?! Why does she need to work for and with Daddy now ? He is convenient to her again so she uses him. I'm so not ok with that storyline because too much Alexis is a no go for me ever since season 4 and especially after how she treated him in season 6.

Yeah the whole "silly old doofus Dad" shtick will get old really quickly

That was never appealing to me in the first place.

Edited by cappuccino

I really hope they keep Castle's old chair in Beckett's new office.  If the elephants are going to be there, I want the chair to be too!  Likewise, I hope to see reminders of Beckett in Castle's new office.

LOL They look like a 2 man boyband.

When I see them like this, my first thought was that they're now also wearing Castle's button downs lol.

https://instagram.com/p/7adqxPoLua/

I can't work out whether we're supposed to swoon or laugh at their image. Probably both.  I'm afraid it may be more like cringe to me so far.

As someone who has not seen the MV, how was Jon's directing?  Was there a story being told in the MV?

It's the same with the theory building that they had her doing in LFLD - Marlowe made a point of saying when Beckett and Castle build theory together it was their version of foreplay, when they have Alexis doing the same thing it felt inappropriate and kind of creepy. I know they had Alexis recognize it's what her dad does with Beckett and tried to make a joke out of it in the car but...sorry no I don't want to be reminded about this even in jest.

I understand that got a strong reaction from some viewers, but I was far more bothered by Alexis' disrespectful treatment of her Dad and his apologetic tone throughout than this scene.  And I know Marlowe's said a whole lot of bewildering and objectionable things in interviews, but I personally don't factor in what he or any other showrunner says when I'm watching their work.  I prefer to let the work speak for itself and I want to react to that alone when I'm watching.

But generally speaking for most fans it's not about incest or hating on the actors, what they're up in arms about is the simple fact they don't watch primarily to see Castle and Alexis play pseudo detectives, that's not what the show's about (or was) but that's how they're choosing to promote it even if they do stick "family" in there it doesn't come over to me that Beckett is considered a part of that family. If she is then it would have been more appropriate to have Kate in the picture too surely?

I can't take yet another ugly piece of artwork from the ABC publicity department too seriously.  Prior to this they've released other ugly artwork featuring Caskett with quotes.  I just see it as a tiny piece of promotion for different angles (in this case, the PI angle) to the upcoming season that they probably didn't put too much effort into.  I think the reaction is disproportionate when we still have no idea how much we're going to be seeing of Alexis or Hayley, or Castle or Beckett for that matter, investigating crimes, together or separately.  I may become a vocal critic when we do see this storyline in play, but not judging before then.  Maybe I'm just more tired than usual of the fandom drama.  Has there ever been a hiatus where people were happy? ;)  Maybe post Always.

Edited by madmaverick
On one hand I can see why they've done it because they don't seem to know how to do with Molly. However, I don't see this situation as a natural progression for either character, the idea that Alexis has this sudden burning desire to join dad in the seedy world of the PI business seems odd and more importantly I can't see her dad actively encouraging it given the possible inherent dangers and general unpleasantness they must encounter.

Oh, I didn't mean that it was a natural progression for the characters just that it probably made sense for the writers to use Alexis that way because of the way they have always used the supporting characters on the show.  The supporting characters mostly exist to serve the leads/plot needs rather than their own organic character path being prioritised.  Should it be the other way around?  Absolutely.  But I remember Susan Sullivan basically saying that Martha's whatever Castle/the plot needs her to be.  If we were staying true to Alexis' organic character path, she'd be taking advantage of all the opportunities college has to offer to expand her horizons rather than trying to expand them in her Dad's PI office (maybe they'll try to pass it off as some kind of experiment for her sociology/psychology class ;)).  But the writers just aren't interested in exploring much beyond crime investigation, so they'd rather find some way to tie the characters to crime investigation instead to make them relevant.  Maybe this is what procedural writers will always prefer to do.

I am hoping for positive changes in the father/daughter dynamic, but I am kind of prepared to be disappointed on that score.  

Despite feeling a bit uncertain about the changes in store for us, I'm still excited to see what the show will be like in hands other than Marlowe's because he was really the opposite of fresh by the time he left.  And I'll be watching to see if the new regime in charge have shaken off any of his bad habits.

I'm wondering how all those who "aren't" fretting over this issue with Alexis and telling everyone to wait till you see what happens are going to feel after the breakup?  People are happy until something drops in their own backyard (Caskett). 

Has there ever been a hiatus where people were happy? ;)  Maybe post Always.

Oh yes they were, that was a lovely summer hiatus, the writers should have learn't a lesson from that and had those two making out all hot and heavy against a door more often. Heh

I can't take yet another ugly piece of artwork from the ABC publicity department too seriously.  Prior to this they've released other ugly artwork featuring Caskett with quotes.  I just see it as a tiny piece of promotion for different angles (in this case, the PI angle) to the upcoming season that they probably didn't put too much effort into.  I think the reaction is disproportionate when we still have no idea how much we're going to be seeing of Alexis or Hayley, or Castle or Beckett for that matter, investigating crimes, together or separately.

Point taken but the timing couldn't have been worse, many fans are already worried about the Castle PI situation and seeing Alexis in that promo with her feet up on dad's desk as his new partner didn't help, releasing a picture of those two in that way it's like poking an already bad tempered tiger with a stick. They don't seem to have their brains switched on at ABC.

But then we get told by Ausiello that the writers don't care if they upset fans with this latest story arc they have planned, so trying to make fans happy isn't top of the showrunners "things to do" list.

I was far more bothered by Alexis' disrespectful treatment of her Dad and his apologetic tone throughout than this scene.

Oh God yes that was much more disagreeable. Lets hope we don't get any more of that otherwise it will be tough going. 

I've heard that Molly has already received some rude and hurtful messages from angry fans, sadly I can't say I was surprised.

Edited by verdana

Why the writers have chosen this path and see it as entertaining beats me because it makes fans dislike Alexis even more and Castle hardly comes out of it looking good either he's so weak and ineffectual.

Maybe the writers and./or promotion department have now undertaken to do their work as a role-playing game and are rolling dice to determine the next "move". I can't see any other explanation for that "family detective" promotional image, given that it emphasizes one of the least popular (if not actively disliked) dynamics of the previous several seasons.

I've heard that Molly has already received some rude and hurtful messages from angry fans, sadly I can't say I was surprised.

And this is where responsibility falls on the viewers. Hate or love Alexis all they want. But Alexis is a character. Molly is a real person.

Every show has the less than rational set, but it forever mystifies me that some think it is fine to attack actors while protected behind a computer screen. Show the displeasure in the ratings instead, I say.

• Love 4

Oh, I didn't mean that it was a natural progression for the characters just that it probably made sense for the writers to use Alexis that way because of the way they have always used the supporting characters on the show.  The supporting characters mostly exist to serve the leads/plot needs rather than their own organic character path being prioritised.  Should it be the other way around?  Absolutely.  But I remember Susan Sullivan basically saying that Martha's whatever Castle/the plot needs her to be.

Seamus said much the same thing during an interview a few years back, he can be so blunt sometimes I'm surprised no one makes more of what he says but it kind of slips under the radar. He said that the boys were there (basically all the secondary characters) to deliver case exposition to Castle and Beckett, that was their job and as a result it left little room for major character development. I wish I could find the interview he did but it was during one of those Ryan centric episodes. 

No wonder Molly is excited, from an actor's POV they want to be seen and get some focus on their character, looks as if she's certainly getting that. 

I can't see any other explanation for that "family detective" promotional image, given that it emphasizes one of the least popular (if not actively disliked) dynamics of the previous several seasons.

Just out of curiosity are any of the previews enough to stop anyone here from watching the premiere? Or are they getting people interested enough to watch just to see what the hell is going on. I was checking my dvr for what shows I have setup to record & noticed in the description of Castle it says something like: "Castle & Beckett come to terms with her new job as Captain & her recent bid for state senate". This is the first I have seen that she may actively be running for office while being Captain. I don't know how dependable this is.

I'm watching either way, but Alexis doesn't annoy me like she seems to to the rest of the fandom. I'm pretty much around until the end, I think. I'm just hoping they don't shake things up too much in a bad way, but I'm trying to stay positive in the sea of complaints.

For what it's worth, my TV's guide (not the actual TVGuide, I don't think) synopsis is:
"While Beckett and Castle come to terms with Beckett's new career as a captain, as well as with her recent bid for the State Senate, a mysterious call from a stranger sets off a series of unexpected events that they perceive in different ways."

... which is interesting because I don't think we've considered that they're keeping the door open for a possible political campaign, have we?

• Love 1

I'm watching either way, but Alexis doesn't annoy me like she seems to to the rest of the fandom. I'm pretty much around until the end, I think. I'm just hoping they don't shake things up too much in a bad way, but I'm trying to stay positive in the sea of complaints.

For what it's worth, my TV's guide (not the actual TVGuide, I don't think) synopsis is:

"While Beckett and Castle come to terms with Beckett's new career as a captain, as well as with her recent bid for the State Senate, a mysterious call from a stranger sets off a series of unexpected events that they perceive in different ways."

... which is interesting because I don't think we've considered that they're keeping the door open for a possible political campaign, have we?

That description makes it sound like she ran for state senate and lost, but I hope that's wrong because it makes no sense timing-wise. Or that she could have been running while also being promoted.

Yeah, it does. But I also agree that the timing is weird, but maybe there's more than a normal summer time jump.

I think I'd be disappointed if we find out the reason she's a captain is because of a failed senate run. like, "oh, no worries, back to the NYPD because another dream failed". Well, that and I still don't buy Beckett actually wanting to be in politics anyway, so I have trouble believing she's ever be seriously interested in running. Flattered that they wanted her to, but something she'd ultimately gracefully decline.

Yeah, it does. But I also agree that the timing is weird, but maybe there's more than a normal summer time jump.

I think I'd be disappointed if we find out the reason she's a captain is because of a failed senate run. like, "oh, no worries, back to the NYPD because another dream failed". Well, that and I still don't buy Beckett actually wanting to be in politics anyway, so I have trouble believing she's ever be seriously interested in running. Flattered that they wanted her to, but something she'd ultimately gracefully decline.

I think it was TV Line that said it wasn't an extra long jump.

I agree about not liking the idea that being captain was second choice or that she would have picked politics in the first place. Maybe it is just a poorly written description trying to remind us that the cliffhanger was about her having to choose.

I'm guessing it's a poorly written description, I certainly hope so because like others I don't like the idea of her having anything to do with politics.

I thought the time jump was going to be the usual length.

Well, that and I still don't buy Beckett actually wanting to be in politics anyway, so I have trouble believing she's ever be seriously interested in running. Flattered that they wanted her to, but something she'd ultimately gracefully decline.

At this point I don't really think anything is out of character for either of them. Beckett running for State Senate makes at least as much sense if not more than Castle (a wealthy award winning bestselling author) to have a sudden epiphany in his forties & realize his goal in life is to be a private investigator. Not only that but he also decides its a really good idea to involve his college age daughter in this daring career move. The only resemblance Captain Beckett & Castle the PI have to the people we met in the first season is they are still named Beckett & Castle.

• Love 3

Just out of curiosity are any of the previews enough to stop anyone here from watching the premiere? Or are they getting people interested enough to watch just to see what the hell is going on.

For me there's a certain inertia of having watched the seven previous season that predisposes me to watch the premiere no matter what promotions and rumors come before, but this is the first season that I will watch with a more jaundiced attitude than the usual delighted anticipation.

• Love 2

And this is where responsibility falls on the viewers. Hate or love Alexis all they want. But Alexis is a character. Molly is a real person.

Every show has the less than rational set, but it forever mystifies me that some think it is fine to attack actors while protected behind a computer screen. Show the displeasure in the ratings instead, I say.

I seldom post but Read almost everyday.  Wendy raises a Great Point, Molly is a Word Sayer, just doing what she is told to do and say, if fans don't like the words, attitude, or actions they can always address it with the writers or Show Runners.  This is the WORST season I have seen on sites for hate and mean posts, and really have no clue as to why.  AND before people say it is only the Young posters there is plenty of negativity from those past 30 as well,  Just Vented, Thanks for listening

• Love 1

There is no sense to chasing down the actors on Twitter and spraying vitriol -- I understand not liking SL direction and/or character words and actions but what on earth do these people hope to achieve by abusing people like Molly, Nathan, Stana and Toks on Twitter?? It's borderline psychotic and inexcusable!

• Love 1

Just out of curiosity are any of the previews enough to stop anyone here from watching the premiere? Or are they getting people interested enough to watch just to see what the hell is going on.

Yes I'll be watching, never missed a premiere yet, although the sense of anticipation and optimism I had when MilMar left and the new showrunners were announced has slowly drained away with every passing spoiler to the point I'm expecting the worst but hoping it's just okay instead - that'll do me at this point. Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I'm going to watch the premiere either way. I checked out emotionally during season 6 and the boring wedding storyline that led nowhere. I have a hard time letting my shows go. Once I start watching something I can't really quit no matter how frustracted or bored I get. I kinda need to see how it ends or where it goes. Although I have to admit I really wanna see what kind of crap they throw at us concerning the break up. How they are trying to sell it and how long it will last because honestly I can see the ratings go down faster than they anticipated and by Christmas they'll change course. What I can already say right now is, I'll definitely fast forward everything that has Alexis in it or use her scenes for a bathroom break or coffee break. I watch the show because of Caskett - together or not I don't really care at this point anymore but I just can't stand Alexis. Why can't we get more Martha instead ?

• Love 2

You can get into a habit watching a show even if the initial intense love you had for it has dissipated over the years. It's a bit like being in some relationships, do you cut the ties or keep on going? It's not always easy. Monday night is Castle night for me and I want to see the show through to the end if I can despite feeling more pessimistic than optimistic about what might happen this season.

I do know a few things that would make me stop watching immediately though, if they had Castle or Beckett having an affair or one of the leads quit.

• Love 1

Since I'm not working anymore, I use TV as a method of reminding myself what day it is. Monday, Castle, Tuesday SHIELD, Thursday Mom, Saturday Halt and Catch Fire/ Hell on Wheels, Sunday Orphan Black .

During hiatus, I'm watching DVDs. NF was very good in his first two seasons of Two Guys and a Girl. Buffy was excellent, Brisco County Jr overrated, Chuck is fun. Now looking for Republic of Doyle and Call the Midwife.

The premiere, I have certain doubts about. As the season’s dramatic opening, it has to be solid and valid for the episodes to come. Otherwise don’t do it, IMO. It’s like being a witness of pompous behaviour and seeing it not holding up when poked.

As for the rest, Castle, P.I., and Beckett and Castle having the opportunity to work separately with other people are the reasons I look forward to the new season.

Like I said before, I don’t find the main characters interesting or lovable/ quirky enough to maintain the old setup for yet another season. By them pursuing their own goals and interacting with different people, there is a chance that the characters are shown in a more diverse, and hopefully more intriguing light.  As a result, they might be interesting together again, by the nature of things or by dramatic design.

Of course there is also a chance that they overdo it and Castle becomes two shows in one. True Detective meets Brooklyn 911. I like both shows but I don’t think they would do well in a mash up.

Although I have to admit I really wanna see what kind of crap they throw at us concerning the break up. How they are trying to sell it and how long it will last because honestly I can see the ratings go down faster than they anticipated and by Christmas they'll change course.

Yep, we know last january eps ratings were pretty low and that was with like no promo and the PI storyline. I could see people tuning in for the premier and ep 2 with decent ratings then slipping to Forever like ratings by ep 10 the longer the separation goes. Of course last season was the 1st time they ended a mid season finale with a mini cliffhanger while the others ended on a hopeful note. Since they get about 13-14 eps done before winter hiatus we'll probably know by the spoilers if there was course correction for the jan/feb eps. If there is hope of them personally back together then maybe the january eps ratings won't be so low. If they're still separated I could see ratings keep dropping. I think the february sweeps eps are gonna partially determine if the show gets renewed or give the showrunners some time to wrap it up with the last 4 eps. It's one thing to separate them professionally but to separate them personally for so long I think is gonna just wear down the fanbase. Some might quit but may come back depending on when they are getting back together or being the last season.

On another note, if tptb had scrapped Castle's disappearance, let them get married in s6 finale, and started s7 with the dude ranch honeymoon case, we could've had a subplot of Castle getting back at Beckett for her birthday which many fans would've probably liked to see. Plus we wouldn't had to see Alexis be all stepford weird in Child's Play or the hot mess that was Sleeper.

So Terence & Alexi confirmed the traditional dark to light and so forth episode format. This makes me wonder if the breakup will be quite short or if there will be alternating episodes, as in Castle focused, then Beckett focused. Castle will carry the light eps and Beckett carry the darker eps and they intermingle within each ep.

Stana Katic Brasil ‏@BRStanaKatic  16m16 minutes ago

Stana Katic Brasil retweeted Rob kyker

#Castle 8.06 "The Last Seduction"

Script: Rob Hanning

Dir.: John Terlesky

The Last Seduction huh? I'm guessing it has nothing to do with Castle and Beckett if they're still on the outs. lol

Here's the latest updated list of episodes:

Ep801: XY - TPW & Hawley/R Bowman

Ep802: XX - TPW & Hawley/P Holahan

Ep803: What Lies Beneath - B O'Brien/L Shaw

Ep804: PhDead - Creasey/R.Bowman

Ep805: The Nose - N Kiu/S Robin

Ep806: The Last Seduction - Hanning/Terlesky

Susan Sullivan previews Season 8 here, and the interview is predictably lovely (I just really like Susan, even moreso as she doles out her unsolicited advice on Twitter).  

At its heart, though, Sullivan said that Castle is about the love story between Castle and Beckett. “It’s always been a love story about these two people and their progression of commitment and so on. So, that will continue and be explored. What’s more interesting than that? It’s what we’re all struggling with on the planet – trying to connect and feel that unconditional love. And not make it about yourself, but about the other person.”

Susan Sullivan previews Season 8 here, and the interview is predictably lovely 

“Andrew Marlowe and his wife, Terri Miller, they just – it was enough. It’s really a grace note in life if you can know when to leave, and this was just the right time for them to leave,”

Definitely one of nature's diplomats.

Susan is a class act no question.

“Well, I think it’s the chemistry of the leads. I think it’s the chemistry of all the characters working together in a balance,” Sullivan explained. “But essentially, it’s the two of them [Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic].

She's spot on about this, it's what makes it work I hope the writers haven't lost sight of that.

She’ll be more involved with the mysteries, which I think will be fun for the audience and her.

I see she confirms Molly plays a "more integral" part in the story this season. I can't lie, I'm not looking forward to that.

She does, however, prefer the loft setting to that of the precinct. “I love being in the loft. I think they have me moved out now, but I don’t have a home of my own. I’m in the loft a lot, because that’s the most comfortable fit. The precinct is not a comfortable fit. Everything is kind of hard. The loft is kind of soft and cushy, so that’s the kind of job I have, Ashley. Soft and cushy [laughs].”

Sad to hear Martha is still homeless and I whilst she talks about the other actors and what they might be up to she doesn't say much about her own character doing anything special which is a pity, I'd rather see more Martha TBH than Alexis. 

What I take away from that EW blurb is that ... not much is changing. I still expect there to be funny/light/fluff episodes with dark/serious/intense episodes scattered around and that none of anything has any real lasting ramifications. Like how S3 was generally Castle-esque, but with episodes like 3XK and Knockdown, or S4 with Kick the Ballastics. It's the same show, and w should expect them to continue on with the "very special episodes" scattered around throughout.

I understand why they're bringing back the PI business in a more long term capacity ... I think it makes sense that Castle has to quench his real life crime solving thirst somewhere that's not the precinct. Montgomery and Gates weren't up to their elbows in actual cases, so I think it would be a stretch for Beckett to continue on the same way as she has been. Of course her promotion is going to change what he gets to do. He wants to follow around his wife to crime scenes and such, not watch her schedule man-hours. I think having him split focus with his (established) PI business and leaning on Ryan and Espo makes sense.

I also think it makes sense that they're not building a new set for Martha's new place. It's not that important (sorry Susan, still love you!), but I do kind of wish we'd get to see it once. I'd like to see if she decorates her own space the way alternate-Martha did the loft in Time of our Lives.

Also ... The Last Seduction is a movie about drugs, sex, and murder, so I think that's a pretty good indication that Castle has decided to lean on it for inspiration. It could actually turn out interesting if they play it right. But I'm not going to say no to a whole episode of Castle and Beckett trying to seduce each other, either, so hopefully they're going to tackle that storyline potential from both sides. ;)

• Love 2

So Terence & Alexi confirmed the traditional dark to light and so forth episode format. This makes me wonder if the breakup will be quite short or if there will be alternating episodes, as in Castle focused, then Beckett focused. Castle will carry the light eps and Beckett carry the darker eps and they intermingle within each ep.

The show can have 'light' episodes with them broken up all season, I don't think the breakup influences that at all (long term). The characters just have to conveniently forget about it or have Beckett and Castle separated from the COTW, which sounds like the basis for this entire season.

The show can have 'light' episodes with them broken up all season, I don't think the breakup influences that at all (long term). The characters just have to conveniently forget about it or have Beckett and Castle separated from the COTW, which sounds like the basis for this entire season.

But how do you have a light episode if they're not together personally. The "will They or won't they" won't work for this viewer, after they've only been married months, maybe a year.

To me Castle has absolutely failed in the development of the secondary cast. Beckett & Castle are this whole show. I didn't even blink when Laine & Esposito got together or broke up (either time) because I did not know enough about them as characters to give a damn. If or when they are on screen together how much comedy can you have while at the same time acknowledging that one of them is knowingly breaking the others heart. I don't think they could maintain that dynamic very long. So either they keep their interaction to a bare minimum (which is where the Castle PI & Captain Beckett shows could come into play) or they simply ignore the breakup angst in the lighter episodes.

So either they keep their interaction to a bare minimum (which is where the Castle PI & Captain Beckett shows could come into play) or they simply ignore the breakup angst in the lighter episodes.

But (and this is not meant to be aimed at you, specifically, @oberon55 ) isn't one of the main arguments of what is stylistically wrong with this show about the lack of carryover from one episode to the next, the lack of continuity?

So either the new show runners continue on in Marlowe fashion and forget one moment to the next or they make the show more serialized but risk altering the tone.

Either way, there doesn't seem to be a winning side here.

But how do you have a light episode if they're not together personally. The "will They or won't they" won't work for this viewer, after they've only been married months, maybe a year.

Like others have said, they can just ignore it...essentially. They are building two different shows in one. Captain Beckett and PI Castle. Both can function without the other.

You can either just keep Castle/Beckett separated entirely, or keep their interactions case related/insignificant for months if they wanted to. Clearly their breakup will be referenced a lot in passing, but I can easily see them broken up for the entire season.

Any time Castle and Beckett 'run' into each during an investigation, they are obviously not going to talk about their relationship during these times. So I'm expecting a lot of meaningless 'sad' looks, or halfhearted awkward conversations between them, and that's going to be the extent of it being referenced until they decide to touch on the storyline again mid season/near Christmas.

I hope I'm wrong, but I honestly think we will see the break up (first 2 episodes) and then just have to deal with the sad looks and somewhat awkward conversations for the next 2 months or so. I'm not expecting any significant relationship change until they bring up the premiere storyline again.

It's hard to get excited about this season.

• Love 2

Bracken's henchmen or an even bigger bad must be after her. She should be used to be chased around by now in fear of her life. They both should lol.

Although I do have to ask who is taking care of things at the precinct whilst Captain Beckett goes on the run from these guys?  I hope someone cares enough to ask, it should be more difficult to go awol given she's no longer a detective. 

Edited by verdana

I'll handwave it along with probably a lot of plotty stuff in the two parter, but I'm wondering how a Captain gets a mysterious phonecall and then suddenly goes off into the field on a mysterious mission.  They could make a storyline out of who's second in charge when she's out of the office.  It's funny because some people have been complaining (far too prematurely, imo) about Beckett being sidelined just because she's become Captain and Castle become a P.I. or because she's not in one piece of ugly Castle artwork promoted by ABC lol, when it looks like the usual badass Beckett will be front and centre in episode 2 already and probably not doing a single stack of paperwork heh.  

I'm sticking with the show till the wheels fall off because I'm still invested in Caskett, even if I'm disinterested in everything else and it's all super mediocre and uneven.  Once I'm invested, I don't really become indifferent even if it becomes really bad.  There may be better written shows that I appreciate with less emotional investment and those I can stop watching due to growing indifference later on.  That said, episodes like TS&TQ were not fun to watch and if subjected to an entire season of such episodes, I might not tolerate it.  Right now, I'm just interested to see what someone other than Marlowe can do with the show after 7 seasons of him at the helm.  They're clearly ambitious and out to put their stamp on the show like Susan noted, so for better or for worse, it'll be interesting to see.

Interested to see what Hanning will do with an episode titled The Last Seduction, providing some seduction does take place in the episode.  Between Castle and Beckett in case that wasn't clear. ;)

Since we appear to be in for some angst ahead, I'd like to ask fellow posters what ingredients to them make for 'good' angst on TV?  Thinking back, I'm not sure Castle writers have really succeeded with me on the angst front except at the end of S2 where I really did feel that sucker punch at Beckett's face when Castle walked off with Gina.  I don't think I like it when the angst makes me dislike the characters due to their stupid behaviour; I prefer it when it's circumstances outside their knowledge or control and I like to see a lot of yearning and desire.

Also, since we are such critics of the show in here, I'd like to hear about any shows which people think have written a couple well going into a S8 or beyond?  Just so that we can have some benchmarks for comparison.