Type keyword(s) to search

Complaint Central: Don't Tweet Whoopi About It

RogerFromOhio
  • Start Topic

After RogerFromOhio posted a link to ABC's feedback page, I got the idea for this thread.  (Thanks Roger)

You guys can post here about sending feedback to ABC.  You can even post what you told them, if you want to.

This will be the only thread where it is acceptable.  Please don't post about feedback in any other thread.  Also, this is a thread only to talk about the feedback you have provided to ABC.  Anything off-topic will be removed.

Thanks.

The message box allows only 500 characters, so it helps if you have a clear idea of exactly what you want to say.  This is the second time I've complained.  The first time, I received back a generic acknowledgement, so they are tracking this, if only in the simplest of ways.  There is a drop down bar with only seven options for subject.  The obvious choice was "I have an issue with this show because", so I'm fairly certain that the subject choice is logged as a statistic, as well as which show is being commented on.  Long story short (too late!), at the very least, they are logging - The View, along with subject "I have an issue with this show because".  Once viewer comments on that selection reaches a high enough number, they are more likely to examine our actual detailed comments.  Am I making sense?

• Love 4
(edited)

In the main thread berly57 said this.....

I really think everyone that enjoyed the show should write into the View's website and say that -- maybe, just maybe, they'll get the idea!

I think this is a great idea and Im gonna follow up with the above link.... thanks

This was my message

I want to let you know that Whoopi's absence was noticed. There was more discussion between the hosts and there was no scolding toward the audience or hosts sharing a different point of view.

Hopefully when Whoopi comes back.... the positive discord on today's show can continue.

Thanks

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 4

I sent a brief comment stating how wonderful it was to go two days without uh-huh's, constant interruptions, and top derailing.  I also threw in how much I enjoy Rosie moderating, and how wonderful it was to watch a show without undercurrents of tension.

• Love 8

Here was today's submission:

The last two days have been the best shows of the season.  No tension, no pontificating.  The charm and ease amongst the co-hosts as well as the natural flow of the conversations was so enjoyable.

It's great to see well prepared, engaged co-hosts, discussing topics big and small with any shouting or railing about not wanting to be tweeted.

Great Chemistry - it worked with Rosie, Kathy and Mario - it wasn't over the top with comedians.  More and more shows like these please!
  • Love 3

Sent another complaint to ABC, stating this:

I understand that Whoopi is having an issue with back pain, but she was clearly too high to be on live TV today.  The getting up and wondering off to the dinosaur graphic was completely bizarre.  Add to that shoving Oreos in her face and being unable to read the teleprompter - it was a train wreck.  If something doesn't change, I will be deleting this show from my DVR.

• Love 11

I've got a compliment! With Rosie soon to be leaving, this show truly will become the Whoopi Goldberg Hour with special guests Rosie Perez and Nicolle Wallace. Now, everyday the View airs, viewers will be privileged to have a gassy, bloated, stoned Whoopie Goldberg point and shout at them. Oh, joy! I can't wait for this new view!

Edited by jonesingjay
  • Love 11

Hi everyone, new here. I have been meaning to post here, but with the latest news, I feel like I need to speak now. 

ABC needs to stop pretending that nothing is wrong here, because now with Rosie O's departure, it is obvious that something is VERY wrong here. They need to make a decision about this show.

If they choose to reboot, it CANNOT wait until September. It will be too late by then. Pay out Whoopi's contract for immediate departure. Keep Rosie P around only until a new panel is created. Nicolle can become the interim moderator and possibly stick around for the reboot since she is useful to the rest of ABC News and hasn't been here long enough for her to be apart of the "old" View. 

Try out potential co-hosts in the guest host seats. If they are not interested in being permanent co-hosts, they should not be on the show. Also, they need a NEW panel. I hated how ABC tried to sell the "new" View as 2 people who have been there before. The three qualities they should be looking for in their co-hosts are TV presence, professional background, and generational diversity. Racial diversity is an honorable mention. Don't care about political/legal views but if you are having political/legal discussions, find people who are qualified.

As far as the moderator, get one who can read the prompter and lead discussion, or divide the duties among the new panel.

Speaking of generational diversity, HIRE younger co-hosts. For a show after the younger demographic, you think they wouldn't put 3 people over the age of 50 on the panel together.  There should be at least one person in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50+. 

Focus on camaraderie and conversation, not competition and controversy. No one wants to watch a scream fest everyday. The Talk and The Real do this, and they have higher ratings than The View.

None of the people who guest co-hosted should be considered as they were all quite annoying (NO Mario Cantone). The only person I would make an exception for is that Colleen girl-she might make a good permanent co-host. Bringing Joy and other former co-hosts back is not going to fix the problem. 

I am not opposed to male co-hosts as it might freshen the concept up. There would need to be an equal balance though. They should look at the 3rd hour of the Today Show. Even though they have annoying hosts (except Willie Geist), I feel the concept they have could potentially work for this show.

If ABC decides to reboot the show, it needs to happen SOON (by May sweeps).

Edited by pinkle6
  • Love 5

I don't watch The Real or The Talk, but I will watch The Chew.  I love it.   One thing that has been said here before, is that on a show that WORKS, like The Chew, the hosts don't have to agree with each other.  But the audience needs to see that they ENJOY their jobs.  On The Chew, there's this dynamic that they run out of time, so the show is over, but they will still hang out with each other, talk, tease, and cook for each other.  The health nut and the bacon lover might disagree, but they LIKE each other and respect each other.  And it's fun to watch.  That dynamic is what's missing on The View.  

The original show had the vibe of a group of women getting together for coffee and hanging out to talk - because they LIKED to talk to each other.  It didn't seem like a job, and as a viewer, I felt like I was invited to join them at the table, to hear their opinions, to listen to their conversations.  The race, age, or politics of the women didn't matter as much as the feeling that they wanted to be there, that they enjoyed each others' differences.  

• Love 6

I shared my thoughts with ABC today on the feedback page....

Do you really think it is good for ratings for Whoopi to belittle the audience to continually by telling them not to contact her by twitter or email if they disagree with her outrageous stances on issues??

Most shows encourage audience feedback, but on The View Whoopi discourages that feedback.... With The View being silent on her disrespect to the audience it reflects poorly on the show and ABC in general.

• Love 11

This show is such a waste of an hour. I didn't think it could be worse than last season, but...it is. Can't believe I'm going to follow that sentence with an even more absurd one but I miss BW. ONLY because she kept Whoopi from totally and completely overtaking the show as she has done.

The fact that Whoopi, as the moderator introduces a "hot topic" (which is now only about 1.5 minutes a piece I mean what is the point?) says something about it that everyone chuckles over (so much chuckling) and then the other co-hosts say something about it and then Whoopi says even MORE about it, including the final word is like groundhogs day. I remember when Meredith was the moderator and the others used to sometimes tease her for never taking a stance on a topic one way or another. She would throw out a hot topic, the others would DEBATE it and then after an intelligent conversation they would move on.

That is what a moderator is there for. Not to lecture, not to give there opinion on every little topic and assume yours IS the correct one, but to keep things flowing in an interesting manor. I don't think Whoopi needs to go, but I do wish we had someone on the panel to challenge her. Heck, challenge anyone on anything! Remember when Star used to sometimes take the opposite position just to play devils advocate? Spark some discussion?

No one says anything substantive on this show. This is exactly what happened last year with Jenny & Sherri and now this panel. It's no wonder Rosie O got so frustrated but that is the show now. Complete idiot hot topics. How does TBTB not see that the show at its finest DID have lively debates? I miss Joy & Elisabeth in that regards.

You can not have interesting show with people sitting around a table making lame jokes, laughing at lame jokes and agreeing on every topic. Nothing ever progresses. I hate to say it but Geddie was right--there must be sparks. There must be something. Right now there is a whole lot of nothing.

And why again was this show moved from the ABC Entertainment Division to the News Division when there is nothing newsworthy about it?

• Love 10

Like you, I have also come around to the belief that, love her or hate her or just find her cringe worthy, BW's presence did have the effect of keeping Whoopi and her crazy more or less in check for all of those years. The minute BW's restraining influence was gone you could see WG breathe a huge sigh of relief and begin to relish her new queen bee status. I think that's why she was so obviously pissed off and deeply threatened when they hired RO, who WG perceived as a threat to that new status. From the beginning it was clear that WG was hostile toward RO and took every opportunity to undermine RO or squash her input like a dog peeing all over everything to assert dominance and claim the territory as her own. Now with both BW and RO gone, WG and her ginormous ego are both basking in the glory of her total dominance over the show while her weak willed sycophants kiss her fugly shoes.

• Love 12

For years Whoopi has only shown distain regarding reality shows. But now?

I mean it was a HILLARIOUS clip about packing up for a quick trip to Vegas in a bus/stretch van - whatever it was. And what on earth were they taking with them? 

And what is up with WG supporting herself and the next 2 generations...many of them adults? She has never discussed educating them or what they do for a living. 

• Love 1

This show is such a waste of an hour. I didn't think it could be worse than last season, but...it is. Can't believe I'm going to follow that sentence with an even more absurd one but I miss BW. ONLY because she kept Whoopi from totally and completely overtaking the show as she has done.

The fact that Whoopi, as the moderator introduces a "hot topic" (which is now only about 1.5 minutes a piece I mean what is the point?) says something about it that everyone chuckles over (so much chuckling) and then the other co-hosts say something about it and then Whoopi says even MORE about it, including the final word is like groundhogs day. I remember when Meredith was the moderator and the others used to sometimes tease her for never taking a stance on a topic one way or another. She would throw out a hot topic, the others would DEBATE it and then after an intelligent conversation they would move on.

That is what a moderator is there for. Not to lecture, not to give there opinion on every little topic and assume yours IS the correct one, but to keep things flowing in an interesting manor. I don't think Whoopi needs to go, but I do wish we had someone on the panel to challenge her. Heck, challenge anyone on anything! Remember when Star used to sometimes take the opposite position just to play devils advocate? Spark some discussion?

No one says anything substantive on this show. This is exactly what happened last year with Jenny & Sherri and now this panel. It's no wonder Rosie O got so frustrated but that is the show now. Complete idiot hot topics. How does TBTB not see that the show at its finest DID have lively debates? I miss Joy & Elisabeth in that regards.

You can not have interesting show with people sitting around a table making lame jokes, laughing at lame jokes and agreeing on every topic. Nothing ever progresses. I hate to say it but Geddie was right--there must be sparks. There must be something. Right now there is a whole lot of nothing.

And why again was this show moved from the ABC Entertainment Division to the News Division when there is nothing newsworthy about it?

I agree with all of this except "Geddie was right."    i don't think the show needs sparks - it needed some intelligent TV people to be able to have a conversation and while the IQ of the table did go up this season (with the departure of Dumb and Dumber) but I have yet to hear a conversation that Whoopi didn't dominate. 

Oh, and I don't miss Babs but I do miss snarking about her so okay, I guess I do miss her.   But Whoopi has always been a terrible moderator so that's not new but the way she has taken over the show since she ran RO off RO left is unbearable.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 13

"The captain of the ship" is free to tell her audience to !!BACK OFF ME!! but I'm thinking she's digging her own grave.

The captain will go down with the ship and the blame for the shipwreck will be right on the shoulders of said captain

I just posted this on The View Facebook page

When the "captain of the ship" tells the audience to shut up because she doesnt care about their opinion..... it really is a poor way to get viewers..... If your hosts dont care why should we??

• Love 11