Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, KingOfHearts said:

Are people still fascinated by the guest stars/franchises enough to get them to watch? I'm just surprised people aren't watching almost exclusively for the main characters now.

It's more about being distracted from the other terrible plots at this point, honestly. That, and I like the actor playing Jafar. If an actor is good and the storyline is interesting, I'm sold. Savior world-building? Oded Fehr? I'm hooked. Basically, my only reasons for tuning into Season 6 are: The Charmings and their pirate mascot, Oded Fehr, and exploring Savior mythology via Aladdin. Everything else is meh.

• Love 1
(edited)

Are people still fascinated by the guest stars/franchises enough to get them to watch?

In the many news articles about Jasmine, Aladdin and Jafar being cast, I read a lot of "I used to watch this show", "I gave up on this show", "This show *used* to be good", etc. on Facebook comments.

So I suspect it might bring a few people back out of curiosity, especially Galavant fans who may have dropped Once at some point in the past.  Though some ex-viewers might be too sour to come back, though they still had enough of a passing interest to read the article or to comment.

Overall, the Aladdin reveal has made me slightly more interested I suppose.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I know it seems like Regina has the most going on, but I believe it's more about the Evil Queen than whatever her business is.

Pssst...the Evil Queen is Regina. They're the same character. ;)

• Love 3

I'm not inspired by anything in what was said in the stuff I've read. My interest is so low this year that I actually washed windows over watching the panels/interviews - second floor windows that involved hanging out over the driveway and potentially falling to my death. 

Basically, I figure the Evil Queen is the dumbest person on the planet. She spent years trying to kill Snow and get her revenge. When she was successful, she got bored within three days. Why would you continue with something that didn't mean anything for you or your happiness? Regina had almost 30 years to figure this out. Can't she try to take over the world or something? Why chase Snowing? Oh right, we need lots and lots of heart to hearts between Snow and Regina because Snow doesn't do anything on this show anymore and God knows she's not allowed to have those moments with her daughter.

Aladdin will be destroyed, but I like Oded Fehr and Karen David, so maybe they can save whatever crap storyline is upcoming. I do appreciate some acknowledgement that the Saviour is basically sucked dry, but they can't ever be happy? So I guess Saviours aren't heroes? Or the Author hates them too? Way to make 4B suck even more and make even less sense.

As to Hook's "secret" who cares? If David has an issue with him, I'm done. They're besties with the woman who tried to kill them and their newborn daughter and destroyed their daughter's childhood. Suck it, David. You can't get angry with Hook, if you're cool with Regina.

• Love 6
(edited)

The new interview said that there's a great story arc between Hook and David this season so that the relationship that is gonna be most effected by this secret IMO. This secret will cause tension probably for CS, Snowing, as well as Captain Charming I'm sure. Emma will be conflicted about whose side to take if at all. Hook will likely try to forgive himself for what he did but most importantly it's building up a bond and status for Hook in the family. I actually love this because we've been waiting for a SL that Killian can have with his future in laws. This is the kind of stuff that needs to happen before things like a proposal happens. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHPBLPRYyE

This is the interview, it's at the beginning.

Edited by Hookian
52 minutes ago, Curio said:

It's more about being distracted from the other terrible plots at this point, honestly. 

Same here. There's basically very little else to take a hold of in the way of teasers. I'm still mainly here for Captain Swan, but there wasn't anything solid given to us. I'll be happy to see Emma and Hook together or separately on screen. Even though some Captain Charming interaction was teased, I don't trust the writers to follow through. After CC last year, we all had high hopes of Snowing leading the brigade to save Dark Swan, and that came to nothing. I trust the writers to explore the Savior mythology as well as they "explored" the Dark One mythology in S5. They gave us nothing about Hyde, which is really bizarre, if you think about it. So, really, Jafar and Jasmine are the only ones I'm feeling somewhat excited about. 

21 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

Aladdin will be destroyed, but I like Oded Fehr and Karen David, so maybe they can save whatever crap storyline is upcoming. I do appreciate some acknowledgement that the Saviour is basically sucked dry, but they can't ever be happy? So I guess Saviours aren't heroes? Or the Author hates them too? Way to make 4B suck even more and make even less sense.

Lolol

As to Hook's "secret" who cares? If David has an issue with him, I'm done. They're besties with the woman who tried to kill them and their newborn daughter and destroyed their daughter's childhood. Suck it, David. You can't get angry with Hook, if you're cool with Regina.

Agreed.

• Love 2

http://www.sgvtribune.com/arts-and-entertainment/20160724/once-upon-a-time-cast-tease-season-six-storylines-at-comic-con

Here's interesting quotes as well.

Kitsis and Horowitz alluded to connections between heroine Emma Swan and Aladdin, who is also a savior.

“We’re going to start to be dealing with some very strong and emotional things about being the savior with Emma,” Horowitz said noting that those issues will connect the two characters.

According to Colin O’Donoghue who plays Emma’s love interest Killian “Hook” Jones, the two will also be dealing with their own emotions as they move forward with their relationship.

“Hook’s past is what it is, so how will that affect his relationship with Emma and how she’ll see him?” O’Donoghue asked. “It’s going to be very complicated, but part of it too is that it’s going to be fun because there’s been enough messing around, we’re a couple. That’s what we are so they’re gonna try to figure that out.”

O’Donoghue said that some of Hook’s past may still yet come back to haunt him in season six, as will David Nolan/Prince Charming’s, according to Josh Dallas. Both men could see their relationships affected by past decisions.

“But that’s what’s so great about ‘Once.’ It’s not about whether you’re a hero or a villain, it’s not about the label of who you are, it’s about the choices you make now,” Dallas said. “If you make good choices, bad choices — it changes who you are and that’s how you value someone, by their actions.”

• Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

I do appreciate some acknowledgement that the Saviour is basically sucked dry, but they can't ever be happy? So I guess Saviours aren't heroes? Or the Author hates them too? Way to make 4B suck even more and make even less sense.

I'm really confused about the writers' timing with this whole Aladdin/Savior introduction. Based on the Season 5 finale, Regina's monologue to Emma saying Regina's pain is the worst pain, and all the marketing for Season 6 so far, it seems like they've been putting all their marbles into Regina's story and how the universe wrongs her all the time. The sizzle reel at Comic-Con was all about Regina, and they kept cutting to moments of her crying or being villainous (I'm amazed they even showed Graham's heart getting ripped out) with voiceovers saying "you'll never be happy" or whatever. So what can I conclude from that? Season 6 is going to be all about Regina fighting for her happy ending because she's a villain and villains never get happy endings, right?

But the very first scene of Season 6 is a villain taunting Aladdin the Savior—a good person—that he'll never get his happy ending because he's a hero. It's like whiplash. So what's the real message here? Clearly, the "villains don't get happy endings" isn't true because the opening scene of Season 6 is telling the audience an opposite message, and since it's the very first scene, we can kind of assume that's Season 6's thesis statement. It's like I'm watching two competing shows right now: The Regina Show (where they claim only villains don't get happy endings) and The Emma Show (where they claim Saviors don't get happy endings) and they don't complement each other at all.

38 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

The thing about David is that he's one of the few characters who doesn't suck up too much to Regina. He'll make snide comments about Regina destroying villages. He thinks her Evil Queen aesthetic is scary. He doesn't have heart-to-heart conversations with her. In fact, I can't even remember the last time Charming had a scene alone with Regina. He taught her how to dance in Camelot, but he was kind of put on the spot to do that by Snow. Snow and Regina might be close friends, but David and Regina aren't. So if Hook's secret involves David in any way, I'm actually willing to give David some slack because he's one of the only characters on the show who isn't BFFs with Regina, and he was the only character who hugged Hook when he returned from the dead.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 6

It's like I'm watching two competing shows right now: The Regina Show (where they claim only villains don't get happy endings) and The Emma Show (where they claim Saviors don't get happy endings) and they don't complement each other at all.

I first mis-read that as "I'm watching two compelling shows right now", LOL.  

• Love 1

It sounded like Colin wasn't exactly sure how the "secret" would affect his relationship with Emma or exactly what the repercussions would be fully, other than it will test his relationship with Charming. That means it probably came out in the latest script they got, which is for Ep. 3, "The Other Shoe." We know that's the Cinderella ep and that she will have ties to the Land of Untold Stories. I wonder if she could have some link to whatever the secret is? 

The title also brings to mind the phrase "Waiting for the other shoe to drop," which could refer to Hook's secret.

Oh, I just had a thought -- what if Charming's father is actually alive and was in the Land of Untold Stories? I'm not sure how it would relate to Hook doing something really bad in the past, but it would certainly rock Charming.

I kind of got the impression that Hook's past won't really affect Emma's feelings at all. And why should it? She knows he did really bad stuff. He's talked about it what the rings symbolize, so I don't see her being all that upset that Hook was involved in the history of some unknown person even if it was her grandfather. As long as he doesn't lie to her about it, she's not going to judge. Mostly, I think this is a one off thing and we're blowing it way out of proportion because they said nothing new or interesting in their interviews.

Also, can I say how much I love Emilie saying that it was now a contractual obligation for either Belle or Rumpel to be unconscious/sleeping/cursed/in a coma. Were there any Rumpel/Belle spoilers given? Belle loves Dark!Rumpel so she's going evil? Baby Damien really is Satan? Hyde sent Rumpel to some world where they're going to reenact Rosemary's Baby?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

Were there any Rumpel/Belle spoilers given? Belle loves Dark!Rumpel so she's going evil? Baby Damien really is Satan? Hyde sent Rumpel to some world where they're going to reenact Rosemary's Baby?

As far as I could tell, there were zero spoilers about Rumbelle. Carlyle didn't even bother to show up.

There was nothing about Morpheus or Hyde either.

2 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Whatever Hook did, it won't be anything a hug and a kiss won't solve.

lol. Captain Charming will be the TLK for the season. It's time to explore bromantic true love in the Show.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

I kind of got the impression that Hook's past won't really affect Emma's feelings at all. And why should it? She knows he did really bad stuff. He's talked about it what the rings symbolize, so I don't see her being all that upset that Hook was involved in the history of some unknown person even if it was her grandfather. As long as he doesn't lie to her about it, she's not going to judge. Mostly, I think this is a one off thing and we're blowing it way out of proportion because they said nothing new or interesting in their interviews.

Colin and Josh said that Hook and Charming have a great arc this half of the season and they haven't even doved into it yet. So I'm assuming it's a multiple episode thing.

(edited)

Captain Charming will be the TLK for the season. It's time to explore bromantic true love in the Show.

Hook went to the countryside to get away from it all and falls in love with simple shepherd Charming.  Meet Ocean and Sheepie.  But Morpheus made them forget.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

Maybe Hook got Daddy Charming so drunk that he bet away the farm and had to sell one of his sons (I forget if Charming's dad had a drinking problem before they sold James or if the drinking was the result of selling off James) to pay Hook. Hook took the money not knowing there was child selling involved or that Rumple brokered the deal. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Well if they wanted to really twist it, maybe Daddy Charming tried to sell David to Hook to work off the debt. Given Hook's personal history, maybe he killed him just on principle. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Camera One said:

The scenario has to ensure that David will quickly get over it.  That last one... not so much, LOL.

How so? They said that it's a "great arc between the two", sounds like more then one episode and they haven't even gotten the script yet with the secret revealed.

I think the focus of this is that David won't be so quickly to get over it and that will cause tensions all around but in the end he will.

43 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

David, I knew your mother in her youth, she was fetching. We had a torrid affair. I gave her the ring your wife now wears.

"So, if you don't mind...I'm going to need that ring back so I can give it to your daughter when the time is right..."

• Love 3

I'm worried Hook is getting the eggnapper treatment. Are the writers trying to create tension between him and Snowing in order to make an engagement angsty? Like, Hook tries to ask them if they can bless his marriage to their daughter and it all goes wrong? (Not that it would stop him from marrying her.)

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm worried Hook is getting the eggnapper treatment. Are the writers trying to create tension between him and Snowing in order to make an engagement angsty? Like, Hook tries to ask them if they can bless his marriage to their daughter and it all goes wrong? (Not that it would stop him from marrying her.)

The difference between Snowing and Hook is that he never pretended to be some virtuous guy or a hero, and he never looked down on anyone because of some high moral grandstanding. He never considered himself to be a good guy, and he didn't judge people for not being good people. Snowing are the same people who didn't like Hook because he was a pirate, a liar, and a cheater. I don't think one has much room to speak when you kidnap a baby from its parents and take away its chance at anything good in life.

Hook's reasons for doing things have always been pretty transparent. He wanted to kill the Dark One to avenge Milah and he did bad things because of that. He went with the person that could give him that. It was Regina, then it was Cora. He genuinely wanted to help Ursula escape from her father, but he felt her father screwed him over, so he took his anger out on both of them by taking her voice away.

Whatever his motivation for doing whatever bad thing he did, I'm sure it has to do with the Dark One, plus I'm not buying into the whole he did something to David's father, or was responsible for that death in some way at all. 

I know this show isn't into making sense, but this makes very little sense.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Curio said:

I'm the exact opposite. Aladdin/Jafar/Jasmine are the only things keeping me remotely interested, and the Evil Queen wants to make me quit watching.

Yeah, me too. Everything else that was said at the Comic Con was so uninspiring.

13 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Are people still fascinated by the guest stars/franchises enough to get them to watch? I'm just surprised people aren't watching almost exclusively for the main characters now.

Hook and Emma are my reason to watch, but looking at what we know right now about season 6, it seems we are up for a season 4 redux, where they are a couple in the background (a kiss here and there so the fans are happy) but their main arcs are completely different and independent, with her dealing with the EQ, Aladdin and this "the Saviors don't get happy endings" arc that totally contradicts the "villains don't get happy endings" from season 4, and him sidelined in a "fun arc" with Charming that would be, at best, plot D of the season while he, once again, is keeping a "super dark" secret that, in the end, would be something not that bad (like what he did to Ursula), or worse, something absolutely terrible that appears out of the blue and makes little sense (like him killing his father). After last season I was hopping for something less angsty and to see them working as a couple and dealing with the problems of that. So, yeah, Oded Fehr is the only thing that has me interested right now.

• Love 3

Yeah, it seems clear that Emma & Hook will have separate stories this season, which sucks. I'm sure there will be a few nice scenes, but it won't be the focus.

• Love 1

The difference between Snowing and Hook is that he never pretended to be some virtuous guy or a hero, and he never looked down on anyone because of some high moral grandstanding.

Yeah, the same goes for Liam too. I'm not sure how A&E view Hook nowadays - is he a "hero" or a "villain"? Even though it might not be the eggnapper treatment in its purest form, I'm pretty sure they could still assassinate his character and belittle his redemption arc. These writers are definitely capable of it.

13 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm not sure how A&E view Hook nowadays - is he a "hero" or a "villain"? Even though it might not be the eggnapper treatment in its purest form, I'm pretty sure they could still assassinate his character and belittle his redemption arc.

And we get yet another example of the REC -- if any other character has a negative event from their past come to light, there are multiple episodes of guilt, sometimes multiple episodes of fallout as it affects their present relationships, and usually some attempt to make amends. When we get yet another Evil Queen flashback of something horrible she did in the past, it has absolutely no bearing on the present. No one else even learns about the new bad thing, no one involved with the new bad thing pops up in the present to affect her, she doesn't show the slightest bit of guilt about it now, and it doesn't affect her, the plot, or her relationships going forward. So, with eggnapping, we had multiple episodes of angsting over what would happen when Emma found out, then multiple episodes of Emma being angry after finding out, apologies, and Emma setting out to find Lily and set it right. With Hook and Ursula, we had the preview that they had a past and it looked like it was going to affect his relationship with Emma when he didn't want to talk about it, and then we had an entire episode devoted to him trying to restore her voice, with him continuing to worry about how the bad things he once did would affect his future. Meanwhile, we see Regina murdering a totally innocent man on his wedding day just because she was in a bad mood, and it's played as campy. No one cares. It changes nothing. That makes me worry what random thing they'll make Hook suffer over that probably still won't be as bad as one of the "ooh, isn't the Evil Queen sassy?" flashbacks. Which we're likely to get a ton more of, given the setup for this season.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think about the marketing after comic con and the new article coming up our way and everything since the last season final scream.

1) They trew anything and everything on the wall to see what working and if they still can have enough to pull a season 7

2 But, if not they prepare the storyline to have some closure that the fans want. The Rumbelle storyline can be about Rumpelle happy ending in some way, all the savior stuff is the final chapter in Emma's own journey before the happy ending with Hook. The bromance between Charming and Hook that fans love a mean to show that Killian is really into the Charming Clan now. Same with the EQ and Regina. 

Just sad that a final big final battle do not seem in the plan at all. 

Edited by maryle
(edited)
On July 25, 2016 at 0:18 PM, XrystalPond said:

Hook did something in the past that upset Charming. Imagine that. A pirate did something underhanded. I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked! If Charming, Snow, or even Emma give Hook even a side eye after everything they have forgiven Regina for doing, tables are going to be flipped. 

What else can Hook do at this point to prove to these people he's sorry? He was physically tortured and bloodied in the Underworld by Hades, was hung from a ceiling by metal chains, never got to say goodbye to his first love after she got shoved in the river, didn't think he deserved to be saved by Emma, put himself in danger numerous times trying to save Emma's life (and also her family's lives), has literally died numerous times, and helped deliver the clue that was necessary to defeat Hades with no intention of being brought back to life. I get that he's 300 years old and has way more baggage to atone for before he can get a happy ending, but the angsty brooding is really starting to feel like overkill (pun intended) and not well balanced with his humor and sarcasm.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 5

I get that he's 300 years old and has way more baggage to atone for before he can get a happy ending, but the angsty brooding is really starting to feel like overkill (pun intended) and not well balanced with his humor and sarcasm.

It's the only thing they know to write for Hook.  Which is ironic since they can't seem to write the same thing for Regina even though she's meant to be redeemed too.  I'm personally glad though that we don't get the Hook pity party à la Regina, and I don't care that it's oh so unfair for him, because it makes him a better character.

• Love 5

I think a better, less angsty relationship issue between Emma & Hook should involve Emma's constantly being used to save everyone and not taking care of herself. Stop making Hook all I'm not worthy and broody and have him express more concern that Emma needs to sleep and Emma needs to break. Have a couple of instances where after fighting and returning someone's happy ending, Emma is so drained and lifeless that she can't get home under her own steam. Don't bring in outside forces or manufactured dark secrets. And please don't make David insert himself into their relationship with his issues by wanting her to pick sides.

Did Bex give any kind of Zelena spoilers at all? Other than some sort of sister love triangle or whatever, I didn't see anything.

• Love 8

I felt we saw of saw that in 5A, when Hook wasn't in "I'm not worthy" mode in Camelot.  He also expressed concern about Emma needing a rest in 5B.  I'm just glad/hope we don't get Hook blackmailed/controlled yet again since we saw that multiple times.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

I think a better, less angsty relationship issue between Emma & Hook should involve Emma's constantly being used to save everyone and not taking care of herself. Stop making Hook all I'm not worthy and broody and have him express more concern that Emma needs to sleep and Emma needs to break. Have a couple of instances where after fighting and returning someone's happy ending, Emma is so drained and lifeless that she can't get home under her own steam.

I think they're setting it up for something like that, and whatever they're doing with Aladdin and Jasmine is probably going to be the parallel story to Emma and Hook in Season 6. Jasmine clearly isn't present in the teaser where Aladdin is struggling (unless she's that red bird in the cage...), so it makes you wonder where she is. If something bad has happened to Jasmine and that's part of the reason why Aladdin's magic is all whack, then that might parallel Emma's Savior journey. The combination of Regina, Jafar, and Rumple taking out important members of Emma's family could weaken her to the point where she looks like Aladdin did in the teaser. 

• Love 1
(edited)

A&E say that Season 6 will be "The Year of Snowing."

Hahaha. Ha...

I'll believe it when I see it.

Kitsis: That was a time in Emma's life, we don't think we're done with Emma's flashbacks.

You guys better not be done with Emma's flashbacks, considering she's only gotten four over the course of 100+ episodes.

Horowitz: There is a land of untold stories, of characters we've never touched upon on the show, but also our characters have untold stories, and hopefully you'll start to see that there are secrets and things in their past that start to come back, that start to reveal themselves.

Like Regina murdering Graham and never telling her "best friend" Emma about it?

Edited by Curio
  • Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Curio said:

Like Regina murdering Graham and never telling her "best friend" Emma about it?

Neverrr!!! How about another random villainous secret from Hook's life instead?!

I can't believe people still want Bagel back alive! Let it go... And what the heck has Neal appearance on screen to do with Emma flashbacks? I don't remotely get why A&E made that connection. Last time Bagel graced our screens, it was to give dire warnings to present day Emma as a ghost. These writers have no clue how to do interviews. Eddy's comment about actor pregnancy in the question about Snowing made me cringe. It all seemed rather disconnected and rambling. Maybe something was lost in editing? A&E seem extra facetious and unfocussed in interviews this year.

And yeah--I'll believe the "year of Snowing" when I see it! lol

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So they filmed flashbacks for Snowing and the Count of Monte Cristo yesterday. Guess those 3 know each other.

That puts a slightly different spin on the fight when Snowing ask him, "Why are you doing this?" Was he their friend in Mysthaven? He must have gotten his heart stolen after whatever flashback they're filming now, because you'd think Snow and Charming would know if he was missing a heart at the time.

4 minutes ago, Curio said:

That puts a slightly different spin on the fight when Snowing ask him, "Why are you doing this?" Was he their friend in Mysthaven? He must have gotten his heart stolen after whatever flashback they're filming now, because you'd think Snow and Charming would know if he was missing a heart at the time.

Which means that it's more and more likely the Evil Queen stole the heart from the vault.

There was also a scene between Henry and the EQ, btw. 

(edited)

Year of Snowing, LOL!!!!!  

I think they meant the OTHER meaning of the word snowing: "mislead or charm (someone) with elaborate and insincere words."

I wish people would stop asking about Snowing and instead ask about SnowingSwans because THAT'S what the Writers are neglecting big time.  It also prevents Adam from saying stuff like he did talk about Snow, and then refers to "I talked about Snow and Regina.".  Blech.

Snowing and The Count of Monte Cristo = Snowing and Arthur/Lancelot.  Basically completely insignificant and does nothing to develop either Snow nor Charming's characters, and has nothing to do with Emma.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

Monte Cristo probably helped Snowing in the war, but ended up having his heart taken by Regina.

and instead ask about SnowingSwans because THAT'S what the Writers are neglecting big time.

"But we explored that in 4B!"

• Love 1
On 7/25/2016 at 11:11 AM, Souris said:

Yeah, it seems clear that Emma & Hook will have separate stories this season, which sucks. I'm sure there will be a few nice scenes, but it won't be the focus.

S4 ended with Emma saying I love you, so what would S6 end with? IMO probably an engagement. They're confirmed True Love after all.

21 hours ago, XrystalPond said:

I think that Karen David said that she is not going to appear until episode four. It could be good to see Hook supporting Emma not in her quest to fight darkness but in her quest to be a savior and save everyone's happy endings to the point of almost ruining herself 

I agree with that.

(edited)

Amazingly, they kind of talk about Snowing and Emma relationship they told they want to explore how her parents reacted to what  their daughter had experienced.

Not trusting them. 7but if we can have at least a real heart -to -heart between Emma and Snowing. I will take it.

They really must be scare for the rating the marketing is all over the place.

You always wanted the EQ and Regina You got it!

Felt like Snowing was forgetted. It will be the year of Snowing!

You fear Emma's will be sidelining. No, she will parallel beloved savior Aladin

Plus bromance captainCharming and more guest star.

Edited by maryle

It's taken me a while to respond about the latest interviews because I've been hysterically laughing about "This is the year of Snowing!"

Huh, I could've sworn Season 1 was the year of Snowing, you know, learning how they met and fell in love and got married, had a baby, ended up in Storybrooke, found each other and fell in love again despite the odds and their daughter broke the curse and they found their way to each other again.  And we've revisited their "year" countless times since.  What could possibly be left to tell at this point?  We know the story frontwards and backwards.

I think Jekyll and Hyde bombed in the Upfronts and with the audience, so Aladdin has been brought in for Disney's sake and a way to sell the show to advertisers.  I get that they needed a way to split Regina and because she didn't get to go the Untold storyland because stupid Henry ran away, they had to bring Hyde to her, it's too bad they couldn't just slip him back through a portal at the end of the episode.

I think we'll see Aladdin's introduction and then we wont see that story again until Episode 4 or whenever Jasmine shows up, by that point Savioring will again have taken it's toll on Emma and they can really parallel them.

I still think the only reason the EQ is really back is to have a way to put Emma under a sleeping curse, she'll probably "save" Snow by doing so.

I also can't believe that in Season 6, interviewers are still asking if Neal will be back.  Have reporters stopped watching the show that much that they have no idea what to ask?  A&E really flubbed the Robin question and now they're trying to make up for it with, "we're sure he moved on because Cora did."  What?  Does this mean we're headed back to the Underworld to check, or has the phone booth been repaired and Cruella will give Regina a call to let her know Robin's not there?  Seriously?

As for Hook, the guy has died countless times, was tortured in Hell, literally nothing in his past should mess anything up now.  Charming went to hell to help get him back, so I don't buy any long term complications between Hook and the rest of the characters, he's more than paid his dues.  I do think he and Emma will have separate stories as a way to slow down their relationship, because at this point it's just lame that they aren't publicly committed to each other in some romantic way.

• Love 4

Just based on the intro where the Saviour doesn't get to live happily ever after and the comments about Snow/Regina/Evil Queen stuff, I pretty much expect Emma to "die" this season. And in a twist I'd suspect that it will happen at Regina's hands, not her conscienceless counterpart. You want to amp up the drama? You have Snow/Regina form this tight bond where Snow is super supportive and where the Emma/Snow relationship has been very back burnered, maybe even strained if Emma is more skeptical about the whole Regina/Evil Queen situation, and then have Emma once more sacrificed for the greater good due to the ongoing Snow/Evil Queen conflict. Blow up everything. Put Snowing in the position they started in only this time with more responsibility for their actions, set Hook totally against Regina and very unhappy with Snowing (further complicated by whatever secret he's got going from his past that puts him in conflict with David), make Henry grow up and face the facts of life about heroes and villains and the existence of gray areas, Zelena can be Team Regina, add Rumpel working diagonally again maybe to protect Belle/Baby Damien and set up the lines for a final battle. Emma's "death" could put her in Agrabah, so she'd still have something to do and Jafar could be a big bad that ultimately teams up with Regina/Zelena in Storybrooke. It could work to make the S6 finale the end of the series or spill over into S7. Either way, they need conflict between the main characters again.

• Love 1

I think Emma "dying" this season will be happening. I've kind of been on this since last season when Hook kept dying. Since they tend to parallel each other with their stories, I'm fully expecting Emma to die. I just don't know that they will ever have an open conflict with Regina. David and Hook, I could see. They're vocal about things here and there, Hook is never really all that hesitant to bring up the past when he wants to shut Regina up. David has brought it up as well, but Snow? Since I happen to think that Snow would shove Emma off a cliff to save Regina, I'm just having a difficult time seeing her say anything that would hurt Regina's feelings.

What I'm hoping is whatever the EQ does will spill onto whatever everyone feels about Regina. They are two separate entities, but the feelings the EQ has about these people are what Regina feels/felt. I don't see how they will be able to keep the two women separate in their minds for all that long.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MMR said:

Looks like you are watching a different show, cuz you just described Hook here in your post, not Regina. 

Responding in the Hook thread because the many different canon examples showing this isn't true is much too long for the spoiler thread.

• Love 3

What I'm hoping is whatever the EQ does will spill onto whatever everyone feels about Regina.

Regina has never faced the consequences of her acts, never. And this time it would not be an exception. This is only going to strengthen her relationship with her victims that are going to forgive everything she does because «oh poor Regina, it wasn't her. It was the Evil Queen, she is the baddie. Poor Gina is just a victim». 

On the other hand, of course Emma is going to keep paying for existing. 

• Love 3

The "savior" has to die. OTOH, the most that may happen is Emma is put under a sleeping curse and whisked off somewhere so the Curse can't be broken easily.

I really hope the little shit Henry finally realizes why Emma is still wary of Regina going postal. I hope the EQ will intentionally put Henry in danger like try to kill him or something, and Henry will see firsthand the atrocities his mother committed and how much not a victim she was. But I have little hope for that.