Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

If he's back to film, I'll be seriously pissed that we aren't getting a Stiltskin family reunion with Milah, Rumpel and Bae. That's infinitely more interesting than Emma/Neal crap that was resolved when Neal died the last time. Henry/Neal would be nice if only so that Neal can be seen as a human who really hurt Emma than the deified hero that he's been named for his stupid actions in Quiet Minds.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

I'm kind of against the whole let's bring back Dylan Schmid for the UW version. I get that MRJ may not have been, or may not be available, but I think it's a joke that that version of Bae is the one living with Milah, because when Milah left, Bae was something like 6 years old, that should be the person she remembers, and I know, kids grow up.

If Neal is coming back, I hope Henry gets to have his moment with him. They'll never write in how much difficulty Henry might be having regarding his father's death, but we know from 4x22 that it's there. This is where the closure should be.

I'm kind of against the whole let's bring back Dylan Schmid for the UW version. I get that MRJ may not have been, or may not be available, but I think it's a joke that that version of Bae is the one living with Milah, because when Milah left, Bae was something like 6 years old, that should be the person she remembers, and I know, kids grow up.

But the info wasn't about Dylan, was it? I thought we heard it was younger Bae on set.

MRJ may be back to film the scene hinted by Isham, so maybe he's filming now for an earlier episode because now is when he's available?

Maybe younger Bae was filming a flashback? When I said I wanted Milah, Rumpel and Bae, I meant MRJ as Bae, not Dylan Schmid. I just think the Stiltskin dynamic is more important and has more to do with unfinished business than anything having to do with Emma/Neal, which I considered resolved by their conversation in the woods. I also want the really uncomfortable moment of Rumpel denying that Neal was the son he lost to be dealt with because I found that whole speech he gave when he turned down Neal's effects to be really messed up and Rumpel needs to confront his son, Neal, not disassociate him from Bae.

• Love 2

The marketing department had a talk with Hades and asked him to let Hook keep the hook in the Underworld so they could sell more Captain Hook merchandise. No one cares about buying a Captain Hook shirt or blanket or action figure if he doesn't have a hook. ;)

Maybe younger Bae was filming a flashback? When I said I wanted Milah, Rumpel and Bae, I meant MRJ as Bae, not Dylan Schmid.

My post had nothing to do with your original post, it was me venting off frustration at the whole Bae thing. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

And yes, there's some serious unfinished business between Rumple/Milah and whatever version of their kid the show writes in. 

For me, Rumple is like Snow, he didn't sign up for a grown ass child. That's the other thing that bugs, they never discussed anything else after Neal refused to be turned into a 14 year old. He called Rumple crazy, and that was the end of that.

I'm very likely in the minority, but I'm very much okay with Neal coming back. Some things need to be resolved. He and Emma said everything there was to say, him and his father? Him and Henry? Not so much!

Well, if MRJ is really there for filming, I hope he gets a scene with Milah, Rumple, and Henry. Though I think Milah may have moved on after the Rumple-centric episdoe.

The marketing department had a talk with Hades and asked him to let Hook keep the hook in the Underworld so they could sell more Captain Hook merchandise. No one cares about buying a Captain Hook shirt or blanket or action figure if he doesn't have a hook. ;)

I donno. The Killian Jones Funko Pop seems quite popular. ;-)

• Love 2

Perhaps the constructs of UnderBrooke begin to fall apart as Emma and Killian try to escape....I just have this idea that everyone else goes home a little earlier because Emma has to complete a task or she and Killian have to their way out. ..which is probably where the moving clock comes in.

Edited by PixiePaws1

That's a very strange title. Isn't 5.16 a Zelena centric? Colin & Jen didn't seem to film at all, so I'd be surprised if it has anything to do with Emma or Hook. Maybe it's a reference to whatever is going on/has gone on between Hades/Zelena.

So the set reports/pics of Belle/Gaston and Emma/Hook/Snow at the cemetery are from 516 or 517?

Again, I *think* it's 5x16. I think 5x17 filming starts with them filming in Steveston. That's how I've been keeping track of the filming when Adam stopped posting the episode titles.

5.16 Title: Our Decay

It kind of reminds me of an old ST:NG episode. Dr. Crusher is on-board the enterprise and people keep disappearing. She struggles to save them and stop whatever nefarious force is causing this to happen. It is only near the end of the episode when she discovers that she is the one in peril as the artificial world her son sucked her into is crumbling around her (he was trying to create a static warp bubble).

Perhaps something is happening to cause Underbrooke to slowly crumble. People disappear from it and Emma struggles to stop the force until she realizes that the people who have disappeared are the safe ones while it is she and Hook (and whoever is left) who are in peril. If Underbrooke is some kind of fake construct (probably created by Pan and Cora), it may destabilize when the Neverengers start changing things.

• Love 1

So either they're back in SB in 5x17, or the scene filmed today is a RB flashback. Unless the Cannery escaped the UW look.

ETA: Never mind. Apparently they used that location for UW filming with Hercules and the anchors. So it tells us nothing after all!

Edited by Souris

Ah, but you could sell more if you have versions with and without the hook. That's one benefit of a character who has a costume rather than clothes. Every time he changes his outfit, you have a different merchandising opportunity. There's Lt. Jones, pirate Killian, pirate Hook, fake blacksmith/beanstalk Hook, Prince Charles, Storybrooke modern Hook, Darth Hook, and there could have been post-death spirit non-hook Killian. Because, really, it's not his actual body that had a hand cut off.

And then, based on what they said about him having had all the darkness taken out of him, there could be resurrected non-hook Killian, now wearing blue or earth tones, or something other than black leather. I think we'll be able to recognize him without the hook (who looks at the hook when the blue eyes are right there?).

I am curious about that interview statement about having the darkness removed. Would that include the darkness he already had, and is he going to be all sweetness and light now? Or is it like Rumple, where he may have had a darkectomy, but he still had the same personality and the same brain, so he quickly reverted to old form? It did seem like if Hook rejected revenge and anger while being filled with the Dark One, letting go of all the darkness and dying might have released him from a lot of his old anger that tended to feed the darkness. It wasn't just vacuumed out, like with Rumple, but was rejected and released as a conscious choice. Though I won't hold my breath about it making a substantial change unless Colin just gives it that subtext in acting because they're too afraid to actually change any of their characters all that much. Hook will have to keep the hook and remain piratey, no matter what happens to him.

• Love 1

I just realized that after the Hook centric, we get ... a Zelena centric, then a Belle centric, then the Mulan/Ruby ep. That seems like a rather ill-timed stretch of three eps IMO.

When it's put together that way, it just feels even more disjointed than it already is.

• Love 1

I just realized that after the Hook centric, we get ... a Zelena centric, then a Belle centric, then the Mulan/Ruby ep. That seems like a rather ill-timed stretch of three eps IMO.

Sounds like the typical mid-arc slouch full of centrics we don't care about. The first 3-4 episodes will have momentum, then we'll get some centrics that add little to the plot, then something big will happen to start the charge toward the climax.

• Love 4

a Zelena centric, then a Belle centric, then the Mulan/Ruby ep. That seems like a rather ill-timed stretch of three eps IMO.

The question is whether the Mulan/Ruby ep also features the return of Merida. Anyone know where Amy Manson is? Hopefully, it's far from Vancouver. The Belle centric could be interesting, but she needs to be in the Underworld. If Belle is in the Underworld with Pistachio, at least we're not going to Oz/Storybrooke with Zelena, then the Enchanted Forest/Storybrooke with Belle with little Underworld movement during that time. Or maybe Belle uses the Underworld ale to tell her boo about the baby?

Sounds like the typical mid-arc slouch full of centrics we don't care about. The first 3-4 episodes will have momentum, then we'll get some centrics that add little to the plot, then something big will happen to start the charge toward the climax.

Agreed, only this season sounds messier than usual because it seems like there's more characters to juggle around this time around.

The problem is that those 3-4 episodes do matter a lot when your arc only has 11 episodes for your arc, it's why the Camelot/Brave storylines turned into such a mess when they failed to resolve them up all while trying to move things along and setting up the next arc.

• Love 2

The question is whether the Mulan/Ruby ep also features the return of Merida. 

I'm hoping it's simply a return for Mulan Rouge and not a whole centric dedicated to them. 

Edit: I read an article about how Regina is going to face her victims in the Underworld. (I won't post the article here since it doesn't teach us anything new.) But I have to wonder - what victims will we be seeing? Will there be peasants bumping her shoulder as they walk by? Will some Black Knights she killed in hissy fits turn their noses up at the sight of her lasagna? I guess there's Henry Sr. and the Blind Witch, but I don't think there will be any interesting reactions out of them that would do anything for Regina's character development.

There was that spoiler about her, the village and Black Tooth (did I get that name right?). I'm not sure if that's a flashback or there's a bunch of EF locations floating around the outskirts of Underbrooke. Kind of hoping it's the village she massacred in 2x20. (That is assuming that was the only village she filled with pouring blood.) Of course, knowing this should Regina will look sad and she'll get the task of proving she's a hero now. After five minutes, Percival will pop up and give her an apology cake for stabbing her boyfriend.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Some set reports on Tumblr said it looked like someone - maybe Gaston - was pushed off the dock into the water (there was a stunt double on set), and the basic setup seemed to be that Belle was the pusher, perhaps defending Rumple. Nobody could hear dialog, however, so it's not clear what's happening.

I'm gonna go with the whole Belle has no idea what Rumple has done yet, and she finds out in this episode. I swear I will break something if she knows and is still defending him. 

I'm fully expecting MRJ to be on set today. I'm also hoping for a full house. Filming spoilers have been duller than dull lately.

• Love 1
Some set reports on Tumblr said it looked like someone - maybe Gaston - was pushed off the dock into the water (there was a stunt double on set), and the basic setup seemed to be that Belle was the pusher, perhaps defending Rumple.

So, it's Percival all over again? Gaston isn't allowed to be a little peeved at Rumple for killing him so Belle, the hero, rushes to Rumple's defense? Sounds about right for this show.

How dare Gaston be upset!?! How rude! Doesn't he know that Rumple has a pure heart? Especially after it was hoovered?

• Love 8

I'm thinking either Hook or Emma blow Rumple out of the water by telling Belle what he did.

I suspect that, too. Probably Hook, since he didn't promise not to tell AND he's always down with pissing off Rumple. Plus I hope he would think Belle deserves the truth.

• Love 3

I suspect that, too. Probably Hook, since he didn't promise not to tell AND he's always down with pissing off Rumple. Plus I hope he would think Belle deserves the truth.

I've always liked how he seems protective of Belle so I hope that comes through here. And yea, I hope he tells her about Rumple. Just...yuck. The idea of her hugging him just grossing me out, but it sounds like it's part of the scene. I just can't with these writers. It's like they're plucking at daisy petals -- "She loves him, she loves him not." Just pick a damn side!

On Once Upon a Time, is there going to be any mention of Neal possibly being in the Underworld? –Shannon

Though Season 5B will quickly lay out the rules for who is and isn’t lingering in the Underworld, “I would think that it would be very disappointing for Emma to go down there and not have somebody talk about Neal,” says co-creator Eddy Kitsis.

Quick rant: It really frustrates me whenever Adam & Eddy say, "it would be disappointing if ______ didn't happen." It's condescending, as if the journalist is naive for asking such a basic question about the show. But after so many important dropped storylines on this show, nothing should ever be taken for granted. Before Season 4 started, if a reporter asked, "Will there be any fallout to Robin learning about Regina torturing his previous/current wife, Marion?", you'd have thought that Adam & Eddy would have responded with the same, "Well, it would be disappointing if we didn't explore that." But no, that's not what happened. To this day, we still don't even know if Robin is aware of Regina parading Marion around with a bag on her head and throwing her in the dungeon.

So even though we think it's logical for Neal's name to be mentioned in the Underworld, that doesn't automatically mean the show will address the giant glaring elephant in the room, because past history tells us otherwise. Sorry, rant over.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 4

Quick rant: It really frustrates me whenever Adam & Eddy say, "it would be disappointing if ______ didn't happen."

Their answer was confusing, I thought. The question seems to ask if Neal will be in the Underworld, but Eddy answers that someone will probably mention him. It's funny, because we pretty much know MRJ is returning in the premiere. Way to coolly keep your spoilers under wraps, A&E.

To this day, we still don't even know if Robin is aware of Regina parading Marion around with a bag on her head and throwing her in the dungeon.

Replying in Writers thread.

How dare Gaston be upset!?! How rude! Doesn't he know that Rumple has a pure heart? Especially after it was hoovered?

#TeamGaston

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Looks like Rumple may reveal his DO powers to Belle when he stops an arrow Gaston fires at him.... (I'm just guessing about the revelation.)

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

It would be delicious karma if Rumple was the one to reveal his secret to Belle, but unfortunately, I doubt it will trigger much of a response from Belle. Because the magical rules are so fuzzy, Rumple could easily play off his Underworld powers as a side effect of being in a world where he once spent time as the Dark One. 

• Love 3

It would be delicious karma if Rumple was the one to reveal his secret to Belle

Looks like Rumple may reveal his DO powers to Belle when he stops an arrow Gaston fires at him.... (I'm just guessing about the revelation.)

If Merida or Gaston shot that arrow... it would be like Anna revealing that Rumple is (gasp!) a liar. Leaving it up to side characters to reveal secrets for Team Idiot. Then we'll get all this angst about Emma keeping it from Belle, blah blah, blah.

Edited by KingOfHearts

If Merida or Gaston shot that arrow... it would be like Anna revealing that Rumple is (gasp!) a liar. Leaving it up to side characters to reveal secrets for Team Idiot. Then we'll get all this angst about Emma keeping it from Belle, blah blah, blah.

The writers would have to care about Belle in order for something major to happen, that and there would actually have to be real consequences which doesn't exist in the series.

So Gaston is in the Underworld. This is what I want to happen - Rumple dies, Gaston gets to return to the land of the living, and eventually he and Belle get into a relationship. But if that doesn't transpire, at least we'll get someone to call Rumple on his crap in front of Belle.

I'll be disappointed if no one dead is brought back from the Underworld besides Hook. But now we've got Zelena and Belle in there, so I'm confused about how they got there. Traveling between the two realms doesn't seem all that difficult. Could Belle have used Zelena's blood since she "died" once? They retconned Rumple's false death, I'm sure they can retcon Zelena's and say she went to the UW too. Maybe she spent the evening with Hades and fell in love like a true Disney Princess before reincorporating through the time portal.

Edited by KingOfHearts

At this point, would Belle really care if she finds out Rumple is the DO again? She might get angry with him for 5 minutes, but will get over it by the end of the episode. 

Yup, here we go again.

• Love 2