Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

In addition to some great Charming family bonding, fans will also be treated to another epic Charming bromance as he embarks on Camelot adventures with King Arthur. "But it's not just [Charming] and King Arthur having an adventure," Hororwitz stressed. "It's about how his adventure with Arthur impacts his relationship with Snow and we're going to see that very quickly. And let's not forget that they have a connection to Camelot already: We saw them married by Lancelot years ago, so I would be surprised if that didn’t come up as a topic in a coming episode."

Am I the only one who finds this slightly strange?

Does it inform him about his relationship with Snow? And Arthur unless they decided they wouldn't go down the cheating route (which I might be surprised if they did), Arthur is hardly the guy for that kind of thing if they go down the cheating route.

• Love 1

The sneak peek was good. I have not seen Brave, but I'm liking the OUAT Merida very much! I love how effortlessly Emma channeled her (dark?) magic to stop Merida without even thinking about it. And Emma's reaction to what she did was great! The will-o'-the-wisp looks a bit silly, especially the "only thing that will save me" part. Typical ONCE! haha 

So apparently, the Willo the Wisp, is a character (and the narrator) of a British cartoon series. It is a blue floating ghost-like creature. It could also refer to the much more dangerous entity that lures travellers from safe paths into marshes. Maybe this is an impish version of the Blue Fairy? 

I guess I'm the only one, but I couldn't care less about Merida. Maybe I end up liking her like I did with Elsa, but right now I'm just not interested in her, her family and her problems. Like at all. But Morrison was great in the sneak peek.

"It's about how his adventure with Arthur impacts his relationship with Snow and we're going to see that very quickly.

Maybe Charming helps Arthur with something dangerous or that affects Emma and Snow doesn't agree. At least, it seems they are giving Charming something to do.

Oh, boo. "Destroy" is much more ambiguous than "kill" or "murder." Now I'm convinced Regina will get the big role of destroying the darkness. These writers are about as subtle as a brick to the face, and that line is a flashing neon light of foreshadowing.

Yes, I do worry about that for sure.

Yeah, that is as subtle as Hook's "I have all the time in the world unless a monster kills me". But I have never doubted that Regina would be the most important character in the "save Emma" effort, so I'm not surprised.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Yeah, I'm liking Merida, and not just for the fact that her hair looks like mine on a good hair day, only mine is darker and more of an auburn than a bright red. However, I wouldn't maintain neat curls like that after five minutes running through the woods.

It is a blue floating ghost-like creature. It could also refer to the much more dangerous entity that lures travellers from safe paths into marshes.

I suspect they're drawing upon the folklore (which is probably a story explanation for marsh gases) about the entity that lures travelers off paths. It was an element in Brave that led Merida to some dangerous places. So, knowing Once, they're probably borrowing from Brave rather than the original folklore.

I suspect they're drawing upon the folklore (which is probably a story explanation for marsh gases) about the entity that lures travelers off paths. It was an element in Brave that led Merida to some dangerous places. So, knowing Once, they're probably borrowing from Brave rather than the original folklore.

They also happen to be ghosts of dead people, perhaps others who followed them into dangerous places. However, they never do anything more than lead people "to their fates". I found it weird in the sneak peek that Merida was able to pocket one. As far as will-o-wisp lore goes, they're phantoms that disappear as you get closer to them.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Merida better watch it. Emma always had hands without magic.

Question, what year is OUAT currently set in? If they are in 2013 Emma should know who Merida is once she introduces herself right? If they are still in 2012 then it makes she doesn't know who she is like she didn't know who Elsa was.

Edited by mjgchick

Speaking of Hook, look out for a Hook-centric article next week, Oncers!

♫ Quit playing games with my heart. ♫

No but seriously, where is this supposed to fit in with everything we know so far about 5A? Unless it's slated for episode 9 or 10. They're filming 7/8 combined right now, right?

Edit: Nevermind, I misread it and thought they were alluding to a Hook-centric episode. Knew it was too good to be true...

Edited by Curio

They said that this is Merida after the movie, so she might know of her. Emma gets to meet Merida and go to Camelot. I'll trade places with her.

Speaking of Hook, look out for a Hook-centric article next week, Oncers!

Yeah, whats the reason? Dark Swan or 5x02 is his centric? That's what I've been wondering since I saw her little sentence.

No but seriously, where is this supposed to fit in with everything we know so far about 5A? Unless it's slated for episode 9 or 10. They're filming 7/8 combined right now, right?

Episodes 8 & 9 are filming together. I think it's even supposed to start filming today. The only way they will do a Hook centric in 5A is if he's from there. We already know everything there is to know about his darkness and rehashing it in an episode would make no sense and would be a waste of time imo.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Yeah, whats the reason? Dark Swan or 5x02 is his centric? That's what I've been wondering since I saw her little sentence.

Leanne loves Hook and Captain Swan, I don't think she needs a reason to make an article about him. It would be something in the line of "Would Hook be tempeted by Emma's darkness?" with a bit of "Would he love her new wardrobe?".

• Love 2
Captain Cobra sneak peek.

Hook: "Use that pen to write out the darkness and get her back."

Henry: "I broke it."

Hook: "... You what?"

That cracked me up for some reason. I guess it's the thought of Henry getting a power magical item, only to accidentally break it. Anyway, at least in this scene Henry seems to be acting more like a teenager and less like an attachment to Regina's hip.

• Love 6
Anyway, at least in this scene Henry seems to be acting more like a teenager and less like an attachment to Regina's hip.

It's a step up from his "she's the Dark One now" or whatever he said in the D23 sneak peek. His line delivery was incredibly blah.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Hook: "... You what?"

That cracked me up for some reason.

I laughed at that, too. Great pause and deadpan delivery.

Okay, so that book Henry is reading better be How to Find Dark Ones, because otherwise he comes off as completely flippant about the situation. Oh, my mother just sacrificed herself, is totally evil now, and in another realm? I'm just going to casually drink my soda and catch up on this novel I've been meaning to read! 

• Love 5

I must delurk in order to rant:

Wtf, Henry's mom has become the evilest of evils and is now missing and he's just hanging out all nonchalant with a book and a soda?? I hope there's a reason for it because otherwise the writers need to do better job of showing that Henry gives a crap about Emma.

Hook's hair game is totally on point.

End rant.

• Love 4
Okay, so that book Henry is reading better be How to Find Dark Ones, because otherwise he comes off as completely flippant about the situation. Oh, my mother just sacrificed herself, is totally evil now, and in another realm? I'm just going to casually drink my soda and catch up on this novel I've been meaning to read!

Or he is doing that because his other mom told him to stay out of the way because "he's just a child." That wasn't really valid when he was helping her during OM, but when Emma is missing, it's a whole other ball game.

Maybe he wanted to help and was shut down.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Sounds like Henry was shut down on wanting to help. That scene made it seem like Henry is rebelling against Regina which means Hook and Henry will likely make a mistake in whatever they are doing.

Regina: "I know you saved us from a parallel universe and helped me with Operation Mongoose, but this magic is too dark and dangerous! Go hang out at Granny's alone where it's safe."

Henry: "But mom!"

Regina: "No buts! Here's some money for frosted donuts."

Henry: "Oh, thanks... but I'm still rebelling!"

*Belle bursts in*

Belle: "I did some research and found something important!"

Regina: "Ok. Henry, we'll talk about this later. If you need me, just send a crow."

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I must delurk in order to rant:

Wtf, Henry's mom has become the evilest of evils and is now missing and he's just hanging out all nonchalant with a book and a soda?? I hope there's a reason for it because otherwise the writers need to do better job of showing that Henry gives a crap about Emma.

Hook's hair game is totally on point.

End rant.

Nice screen name , :p !!

Hook's hair is always on point. I'm so happy we're finally getting Captain Cobra scenes.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

His line delivery was incredibly blah.

It still is. I can't believe the casting dept. that found all the young Snow, Bae, Rump, Emma, Pan, Ingrid etc. made such a huge misstep here.

So I know we all thought earlier that ep.5 would be when we found out why Emma turned full DS since they first said it was her centric but now that episode is really Henry's centric? I guess to be fair to them, there's so many interchangeable Woegina props that it's hard to keep them all straight but I don't think that's the turning point then. Could it be ep.7? She's still strolling around in her white dress and we get Nimue's and Merlin's backstory and possibly the first DO then it would be a nice tie in to the not-so-present Camelot when Emma embraces the DS.

I'm not as impressed with Merida as others but it was a short scene. I liked Elsa and Anna right away though and I'm not feeling Merida yet.

I think that Hook and Henry scene would've been improved with Charming added in. Since they already spoiled the Snowing conflict, it would make sense that Charming would throw in his lot with Hook while Snow is still lodged up Woegina's ass.

At least Hook doesn't treat Henry as if he's still the 10/11 yr-old boy he was back in season 1. I get the worry over endangering him, but honestly, most of the characters could handle themselves at 13. Look at what kind of trouble Emma and Neal were getting into at Henry's age. Heck, Hook was probably a cabin boy or something. So based on that, I'm fine with Henry being thrown into danger. Let him help out. It's better than sitting in a corner all day not contributiing anything to the rescue efforts.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3

I'd love to see the writers surprise us and have Snow be apart of Hook and Henry's Operation Swan. lol

I will say I'm going to enjoy the reaching Anti Hookers will come up with him being a terrible influence to Henry.

ETA: To be fair Jared was much better when he was younger. And he's on way more than the others. Plus Bailey is a one of a kind. She's still pretty good as she's getting older and in other roles.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 2

Lol at Regina going soft. That's exactly what happened. Yep.

Slay, Hook! Slaaaayyyy!!!!!

Mickey ;_; i can't believe they killed off Mickey the mouse. Okay, I can believe it, but I wonder if we'll see him in flashbacks at all? Like how he and Merlin met?

• Love 1

Henry has done risky things from the start. For example, he started working for his grandfather in a shop full of Dark Magic artifacts in order to help Regina. He fought Rumple in the AU. I think he has earned his role as part of Team Nevengers. I only wish Jared's acting wasn't so flat. He wasn't bad in the scene, but he still does not emote very well.

Ok that new sneak peek? Pretty much confirms it for me what I've thought all along, that black flubber was originally Merlin's. The apprentice said Merlin's wand was created from light and dark.

I'm also going to put my money on that also being the way to destroy the DO then, by combining the lightest and the darkest. And gag me now, I do think that's Emma as the darkest and Woegina as the lightest.

I was really hoping that Rump and maybe Emma together would do it. The DO was Rump's thing from the beginning of this show damn them.

ETA: Zelena's innocent fetus is light Kingofhearts.

Edited by LizaD

My thoughts on that sneak peek:

* Can I just say I love Hook and Regina going at it? It's nice to see a fight with Regina that isn't one-sided. 

* Why would Zelena work? She's just dark. She shouldn't have light.

* I'm hoping we get a flashback of the young Apprentice and Merlin now.

* We're up to 4 sneak peeks. I feel like we've seen half the episode already.

Did he really die though?

It says he did on the ABC page.

Edited by KingOfHearts
Mickey ;_; i can't believe they killed off Mickey the mouse.

Did he really die though?

I mean I know Emma is missing, but how fucking cold are all these people? 

Old man dies...

Everyone: back to business people, nothing to see here.

Zelena escaping will probably be a mess, and Regina will probably save the day and get them to Camelot. But I don't care, it was Hook's idea to use Zelena. He's got a quick mind (when A&E let him use it). Like dang, the fact that he brought up Zelena a half second after Regina failed and like half a minute after the Apprentice explained how the wand worked. I wish I was a quick thinker.

• Love 2

* We're up to 4 sneak peeks. I feel like we've seen half the episode already.

These sneaks are getting me uber pumped for the episode now!  Loved, loved, loved the Captain Cobra scene.  Henry wants so badly to be a hero, and I love that Hook considers him a valuable and competent member of the team (Jared's wooden delivery aside...).  I like to see him encourage and foster that spirit within Henry, even if it doesn't end well this particular time. 

Edited by Lieutenant

Am I missing one?  I've seen running thru the woods with Emma and Merida, Captain Cobra being sneaky sneaks, and the Regina/Hook bickering while apprentice croaks.  What is the the 4th one?

The one shown at Comic Con in the street right after Emma disappears.

Henry wants so badly to be a hero, and I love that Hook considers him a valuable and competent member of the team (Jared's wooden delivery aside...).  I like to see him encourage and foster that spirit within Henry, even if it doesn't end well this particular time.

I think we've all been waiting for this since 2B's Bae flashbacks. Henry needs to that edge Hook can give. He can learn a lot more from trying and failing than crazy driving lessons from his grandparents.

How exactly can Henry help bust out Zelena? Steal some anti-protection spell dust from Regina's vault?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

There is one on the ABC site but geo location crap preventing us from seeing here.

I wonder if Merlin's wand was turned into the dagger..and definitely looks like Merlin's tree became baby Emma's wardrobe...not sure how it got from Camelot to EF....

Edited by PixiePaws1

With the three new sneak peeks we've gotten this week, I'm pretty sure Hook's screen time in the 5A premiere will already double the screen time he had in 4B. (Minus the Ursula episode.)

Sounds like Henry was shut down on wanting to help.

Even if Henry was shut down, his I'm-just-going-to-drink-my-gallon-sized-soda-and-catch-up-on-my-homework attitude is completely opposite from how he reacted to Regina in Season 4. Back then, Henry was like, "Oh no! You don't think Regina will go evil again, do you?! She's come too far!" And then Henry got pissed off when Regina didn't want to see him, but he ignored her request, demanded to see Regina anyways, and then worked on Operation Mongoose for an entire season. That's passionate determination to help your mom. And he did that all on his own without any other adults prodding him.

But with Emma, a situation a billion times worse than a dead wife coming back into a romantic equation, he's just chilling at Granny's and doesn't get a fire lit under him until Hook asks him for help. Shouldn't Henry be freaking out along with Hook? Not...drinking a soda and reading a book? Hook is literally the only person in any of these sneak peeks who seems like he's freaking out over a serious situation.

Can I just say I love Hook and Regina going at it? It's nice to see a fight with Regina that isn't one-sided.

Amen! It's so good to see someone finally give Regina a taste of her own venom, and Colin and Lana really play the antagonism well. Praise be to Colin for actually making me tolerate Regina in a scene for once.

Why would Zelena work? She's just dark. She shouldn't have light.

Maybe I misinterpreted what the Apprentice was saying, but I thought he meant that whoever used the wand had to be dark? Because he said the wand was 100% light magic, so if it's two sides of a coin, then the person using the light wand would have to be a dark magic user—thus Zelena. Unless he was saying the person who uses the wand has to be 50% good and 50% bad, but if that were the case, then Regina should have been able to use the wand just fine and Zelena would be completely out of the equation because she's way more evil than good.

Speaking of evil vs. good, can someone compile a list of all the "good" things Regina has done? I'm honestly having a hard time wrapping my brain around the "you've done too much good" line. Some good, perhaps. Too much? Questionable. (The only person who has done "too much good" on this show is Emma.)

Edited by Curio
  • Love 4

Gonna make it all the more disappointing when Regina's the one who saves Emma.

Seriously, ever since 3B they've been building up Emma as the one to save the day, and then end up bait-switching us with someone else (Regina in both 3B and 4B, Anna in 4A).  Now that Emma's out of commission as the hero, Hook will get all the build up instead, only for it to be Regina in the end AGAIN.  But hey, at least they "foreshadow" it this time!

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 3

Speaking of evil vs. good, can someone compile a list of all the "good" things Regina has done? I'm honestly having a hard time wrapping my brain around the "you've done too much good" line. Some good, perhaps. Too much? Questionable. 

I can hand-wave it if, as you say, the person wielding the wand has to be 100% dark. 

• Love 1

I'm also going to put my money on that also being the way to destroy the DO then, by combining the lightest and the darkest. And gag me now, I do think that's Emma as the darkest and Woegina as the lightest.

I think it'll be Emma as both the darkest and lightest, somehow. Like she's the lightest because of the eggnapping, Savior stuff etc, and the secret she's keeping from the audience is that the reason she's going all "Dark Swan" is that she needs to be dark. When she reachs Peak Darkness, she'll self-destruct, because she'll be both the lightest and darkest. Of course, she tells no one because none of her family would be okay with that.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 2

These people had the same non-reaction to Shady's reappearance after being killed by the Shadow. Apparently when in crisis mode, they can't be bothered to care about side-characters being dead or alive. lol

• Love 5
These people had the same non-reaction to Shady's reappearance after being killed by the Shadow. Apparently when in crisis mode, they can't be bothered to care about side-characters being dead or alive. lol

Reminds me of season 2, after Hook was out of the hospital and taking Snowing and Leroy to the Jolly Roger and was all why is no one asking me how I'm doing. If you're not part of the group or Regina, no one will give a fuck whether you live or die!

Spoilers...

I think that kid is the Apprentice.  Even in the EF, his clothes are almost still the same. I thought they started filming for 5x08/5x09 yesterday.

I don't know if it's me, but I find there's a huge difference with this year and last year in terms of spoilers. I think there was more last year, but that might be just an impression. I'm guessing they will start filming more in Steveston once they wrap up the Camelot arc.

Edited by YaddaYadda

I think we've gotten almost as much spoilers this year compared to last year. Although it did seem like we had an excessive amount of spoilers last year.

This year has the added bonus of them being extra confusing.

And to be fair, no one really knew the Apprentice, so I can understand them not spending much time mourning a complete stranger. They could show a little more respect, but otherwise they don't have time to spare. I however, will miss him. Mainly because I liked the actor. He did a good job.

I'll be happy if the one kid turns out to be a young Apprentice. I imagine we'd have to see him in a flashback eventually (like how he met Merlin, or why he's a zillion times older than him).

If he's the kid, and that kid's name isn't Mickey/Mick/Michael I will be extremely disappointed.

I'm gonna have to stop lurking in the ouat spoilers tag on tumblr. Too much anti-cs/anti-hook stuff. i'm gonna laugh if the "danger" Henry's going to be susceptible to (due to the oh so horrid pirate that is Hook) is just him stealing some keys to break into basement dungeon.

I feel bad (okay, not really), but I cracked up when I finally saw Rumple slumped over in bed in the corner of that scene.

Edited by HoodlumSheep