Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

So it looks like 506 is the Belle/Merida adventure ep after all. They really ARE following the 4A template to the letter...

Yes, they are with the only difference being 5x01 maybe.

5x02 and 5x03 might be a bit of an exception. 4x02 was David's flashbacks about how made him into such a brave dude (sigh) and David centered episode this season seems to be 5x03 this year.

Regardless, I'm excited about 2 episodes, 5x02 and 5x04. 

I wonder if Belle knows Merida from before. Except for Ariel, she seems to know everyone else.

Group between takes last night.

So Lancelot is very much alive then?

Belle's cloak looks really nice from one of the pics with Merida.  And all these people together, Lancelot, Hook, Merlin, Merida, David and Belle are such an odd group, but at least it doesn't seem like it's an isolated episode like it was last year with Belle/Anna. It seems like it's very much set in the "present" or however the timeline is working.

It might actually be an episode where things are moving forward as opposed to setting something up like they did last year with the hat and never revisit it again.

So Lancelot is alive... okay? I really don't care that much to be honest. He can join the menagerie of infinite Camelot characters.

Same ere. I wasn't impressed with the actor in Season 2. Not to mention some of the modern-sounding lines they gave him. I cringe whenever EF characters use modern sounding terminology (like Elsa talking about dating). At least he won't be in Storybrooke! lol

The spoilers are getting too confusing for me. haha Which is a good thing. 

I wonder if Belle knows Merida from before. Except for Ariel, she seems to know everyone else.

This is one of the things that I can sort of see as plausible.

Rumple is a man who seems to have meddled with and known every single magic user and king/queen/important person--if for no other reason than he enjoyed being in control of things and found it useful.  She lived with him for who knows how long.   I could see her meeting lots of people that way. 

Now, if she meets Merida on a surprise "I want to be a hero!" journey like she did some of the others . . . well, that's less plausible.

Once Upon A Time - Season 5 - Synopsis

So they basically took the S4 synopsis, clicked "Copy" then clicked "Paste"? Wasn't not giving up on the ones you love the theme for 4A? I'm almost positive they used that "Not everyone can be trusted..." line from 4B.

"Old acquaintances" better not just be Lancelot. Just saying. But then again, 4B didn't handle older characters like August and Maleficent well at all.

Edited by KingOfHearts

So. Will Robin give Regina a necklace he, like, stole from someone? Stealing from the rich to give to... the very very rich?

Maybe they'll surprise me, won't be tone-deaf and it'll be an hand-made necklace that he carved himself... but I doubt it.

Thoughts from the new promo:

I'm guessing Hook goes to Zelena in jail to try to use her to make a tornado portal to get to Emma, and takes off the anti-magic cuff. But when she gets her magic back, she double-crosses him. Then Regina comes to the rescue. (Barf.)

Looks like Regina is hugging Henry inside Granny's. I'm guessing DarkSwan is attacking it.

Arthur was expecting them? Shady McShaderson!

Zelena looks MENTAL! I can't stand her theatrics! The stunt double for Colin is so obvious! 

Why were the Camelot people expecting to find Emma?

So, Merida is holding an arrow at Grey Emma. I guess she's the one who finds her first. I remember Rumple being seen in some spoiler pics with Emma and Merida. I'm guessing that's the "mind" Rumple only Emma can see.

The last scene is probably the New Nevengers in Granny's Diner preparing to be tornadoed into Camelot. 

ETA: Emma is shaking and reaching for something in this shot. Wonder what that's all about. Imp Rumple seems to be egging her on to do something. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

Ah, yes, you're probably right about it being Granny's being tornadoed to Camelot -- "Granny's To Go" taken literally! ;)

I'm sure Imp Rumple is trying to make her do Dark things to give into the Darkness. And ITA about that Rumple being only in Emma's mind.

LOL, I saw a screen-capture of "Hook" where it was so embarrassingly obvious it was his stunt double. Ooops.

I can't stand Zelena's theatricals either. She's so over-the-top.

So in Ginny's pic today, Charming is in a Camelot outfit, but Emma has her SB DarkSwan outfit. Hmmmm.

Edited by Souris

I'm sorry. I am sure Rebecca Mader is a lovely person in real life but I can't stand the scenery chewing and total over the top crazy of Zelena. Just the snippet of the promo with Zelena and Hook in the cell has left me annoyed. I don't think I can stand another season of having to watch her go full crazy in every. Single. Scene.

• Love 3

Poor Hook's stunt double. Lol. How could Zelena do that to half of her OTP??? Joking, joking.

Arthur just got shadier. Unless Merlin has seer abilities and told arthur (which he probably does) about Emma.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

Zelena does that tornado thing that finds Camelot so I guess they can't really stay mad at Hook. Unless she doesn't start that tornado of course then he gets the idiot ball again. *Sigh* I can already hear the insults.

• Love 3

So we see Merida pointing a bow at Gray Swan in the middle of Stone Hedge's cousin... could she be trapped in some reality with Rumple and Emma?

Also... Why is Gray Swan with the party that crashed in Camelot? Did her spidey sense tingle when they arrived so she just teleported?

Count me in on the resounding moan against Idiot!Hook. Couldn't the writers pick some other creative solution? Even introducing a totally contrived new element would be better.

Edited by KingOfHearts

OMG how I HATE that in the new trailer the narrator says "evil" over a shot of Emma . .she isn't evil, she's cursed and there is most definitely a difference! ! This Dark Swan arc is already breaking my heart. ..*sniffle*

Why does Snow look to be commanding Emma with the dagger? Who in this universe would trust her with it? Doh..silly PixiePaws...Every man and his dog is probably going to have hold of the damn thing at some point..!

I note in the new Dark Swan poster the shoelace on her wrist is prominently visible. Wonder if that means anything as it would have been easy to keep her sleeve down but it looks to be deliberate.

Edited by PixiePaws1
  • Love 2

I think Hook going to Zelena would be an "I'm desperate to find Emma" kind of thing.

I note in the new Dark Swan poster the shoelace on her wrist is prominently visible. Wonder if that means anything as it would have been easy to keep her sleeve down but it looks to be deliberate. 

I don't know, I remember seeing some bts pics where Emma didn't had the shoelace.

She definitely has a bracelet on her left wrist in the poster--but it looks very shiny/metallic.  Unless the shoelace was transformed somehow, I'm not so sure that's the shoelace.

I think Hook going to Zelena for help fits into his personality though. He makes rash decisions. This would be one. I can already hear people harping on him for the decision, because it is sort of stupid. At the same time though, at least he's thought of an idea on how to get to Emma (which I highly doubt the others had any better ideas).

• Love 4

That's the thing I find highly unlikely, though. Unless they want to dumb down everyone on this show down even more than they've already done. What I can see, though, is that the others are planning instead of acting immediately. If they had no other ideas at all and Zelena literally ist their only option, I doubt Hook would have to go to the psych ward on his own.

I suspect it's a case of the plan the others have not working fast enough for Hook so he goes behind their backs to come up with his own plan that he thinks will get him to Camelot faster. And yeah. Sorry, but that is all sorts of dumb if it leads to facing Zelena on his own and possibly even taking off her cuff. I honestly don't understand what exactly he thought would happen there, other than her attacking him as soon as she gets the chance.

• Love 1

We know Hook was willing to work with Cora, not because he supported her cause, but as a means to get to Rumple. I can see him going to Zelena if it suited his purpose (get to Emma). Maybe he thinks she'd actually be grateful (Ha! She's a Mills woman) to the person who freed her? 

ETA: little does he realize she's even more batsh!t crazy than her bitchy little sister.

Edited by Dianthus
  • Love 2

I caved and watched the promo.  

I'm still kind of excited despite (or maybe because) of the gargantuan mess that this is going to be.  I know the new-setting-and/or-new-characters-of-the-half-arc takes away from the main characters, but in a way, it does keep the show sort of fresh and provides some intrigue in terms of how they will use (or ruin) these iconic characters.

I'm excited for the characters to be in a new setting, after an entire season in Storybrooke.

I hate Zelena so much.  Why does she need to be a regular.  It's just frustrating to watch her, and you can bet that they'll find some way to set her loose.  Otherwise, she has nothing to do.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

Yeah, Hook worked with Regina, Cora, Greg and Tamara because he thought it would serve his purpose.  Desperate Hook isn't a smart Hook. Him going  to Zelena isn't even a shock or a surprise. How does he know that she can conjure magical twisters? Is it in one of Belle's books or something?

I don't think that scene at Granny's is them being under attack, I think it's the twister ripping Granny's from its foundations.

I still don't think Arthur is shady or anything like that. Camelot is Merlin's country, he is a seer, he could've simply told him there are people from another realm who will show up and to expect them. It's not like SB's folks clothes don't scream another land.

Also...

That dagger is changing hands. We know Hook had it and in the promo, Snow is the one who has it. It's only a matter of time before the dagger lands with the wrong person.

I'm still pretty excited about this.

ETA - 

I just saw the list of episodes suggestions and Tallahassee is one of them.  While there seems to be a strong enough connect between 5x05 and 4x05, I posted previously that there seems to be a strong connect between 2x06 and 5x05 as well.  

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Oh yeah, exposition fairy style.  "See, look when you disappeared earlier this episode, the dagger fell down onto Main street and now your name is on it, not Rumplestiltskin which suggests that you are now the Dark One and not Rumple because you willingly took in the darkness to save Regina or the town depending on the prevailing interpretation.  Now I have HOPE that if I give the dagger back to you, you'll be Emma again.  Go on, take it.  I'm emanating LOVE and HOPE and complete NAIVETE.  What do you mean it's only the first episode of the arc so it won't work?   And what do you mean this is the only scene I have with you this half-season?"

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 8

Yeah, Hook worked with Regina, Cora, Greg and Tamara because he thought it would serve his purpose. Desperate Hook isn't a smart Hook.

That dagger is changing hands. We know Hook had it and in the promo, Snow is the one who has it. It's only a matter of time before the dagger lands with the wrong person.

I'm still pretty excited about this.

ETA -

I just saw the list of episodes suggestions and Tallahassee is one of them. While there seems to be a strong enough connect between 5x05 and 4x05, I posted previously that there seems to be a strong connect between 2x06 and 5x05 as well.

At least Hook has managed to outlive 3/4 of them.

It's funny how you mentioned the dagger getting passed around, because I remember when we were theorizing the same thing when the Belle/Rumple!Hook spoilers were coming out last year. Maybe this will finally be the season where they decide to play hot potato with the dagger?

Hook, Snow...Regina will probably get her hands on it at some point (if she doesn't I'll probably die of shock).

Are the episode suggestions listed on the site? My ipod can't handle the abc app, but I suppose I can check when I next hop onto our computer.

HoodlumSheep, this is the list;

Pilot (1x01)

A Land without Maigc (1x22)

Tallahassee (2x06)

Manhattan (2x14)

Snow Drifts (3x21)

There's no Place Like Home (3x22)

Best Laid Plans (4x17) - technically 4x16

Operation Mongoose, Part II (4x23) - technically 4x22

I thought Desperate Souls would be in this because there's some Dark One mythology in there and all, but it's not. I've been trying to figure out how season 3 finale plays into this. I can see how all of those episodes can be important or the parallels, but I don't see it for 3x21 and 3x22. I don't know if it has to do with Emma's acceptance of what home is and finally opening up to Hook, in which case why wouldn't 4x08 be somewhat relevant since Emma finally accepted who she is and understood she had to love herself?

I guess this is my chance to re-watch some episodes I really enjoyed like the Pilot which I haven't seen in a really long time. But then there's so much subtext to what these episodes could mean that my mind is all over the place.

Thank you for posting the list, YaddaYadda!! Most of those episodes do seem to be heavy with the Dark One mythology.

The most I can think of for the 3b finale being included is due to CS, Emma finally accepting home (which seems cruel now that she's in this mess), or the fact that Rumple essentially plays a "fairy godmother" role when interacting with Emma and Hook. The latter could be compared with the theories of how Rumple is going to be interacting with Emma this season (a possible evil teacher role).

?? That's all I got.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I hate Zelena so much.

I know it! As soon as I saw her in the promo, I could feel my eyes start to roll. I loath her, and not in a love to hate way. I just want her to be gone from the show, forever. 

I`m torn on the Camelot people and Merida all showing up. On the one hand, its typical Once, with ignoring its main characters and their poor, forgotten supporting cast to focus on the new Big Event, and they'll all be gone soon anyway, so whats the point? On the other hand, I really enjoyed the Frozen stuff last year, and even the Queens of Darkness, as lame as they turned out to be, lead to a few good episodes. So, I am cautiously excited about the new characters. At least its something different. 

• Love 3

I thought Desperate Souls would be in this because there's some Dark One mythology in there and all, but it's not.

They could be making major changes to the Dark One mythology--maybe they didn't want to remind us about what they'd already stated on that topic, particularly if it doesn't quite jibe with what they're planning for season 5.

• Love 5

STORYBROOKE PEOPLE: I see you expected us.

ARTHUR/CAMELOT PEOPLE: Yes, there was a prophesy. 

STORYBROOKE PEOPLE: Where's Merlin?

ARTHUR/CAMELOT PEOPLE: Who knows.

STORYBROOKE PEOPLE: ... *crickets*

ARTHUR/CAMELOT PEOPLE: ...*crickets*

STORYBROOKE PEOPLE: ... *crickets*
ARTHUR/CAMELOT PEOPLE: ... *crickets*

EVERYONE: Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuun, crazy monsters are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 7