Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Yea one of the things I like about the show is they cast all types and ethnic backgrounds and it somehow works. I think the Enchanted Forest while stuck in a scary feudal system (which none of them seem to be fighting even after living in our world...really Snow, you and Regina can just go get the castle back..how bout an election people???) seems to diverse.

Boy that guy is a an ass. Yea, someone wants to be bothered at work you looser. I wish Parrilla had tweeted back..."Sorry, I was in the can, bad burritto, and couldn't come out!"

Edited by Mitch

Let's not jump to conclusions.  Jared also filmed with the actress who portrays Cruella and if Henry still lives with Regina (and I'm sure he does), then there's probably clues in his room or something as to what the Truest Stupid has been up to.  You know, he wants to be a hero pretty badly <eye roll>

I think with this show, it's best to expect the absolute worst. Then, when it's only mildly bad, it's a pleasant surprise.

I know people keep saying that Lily is meant to be Latina but her dad was white, I don't think they specifically cast the role to be Latina, just chose the best young actress for it. So yes, unfortunately, Agnes will likely be older Lily. I hope she isn't from the Fairytales though, but also not as crazy as Greg and Tamara.

But the thing is that when they casted young Lily they were looking for a Latina, because Lily was ment to be a younger version of Regina.

But really, I don't care if she is Lily or Rumple's lost daugther. She is just another pointless guest star who is going to take minutes from my favourite characters.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

I just don't like it when Latino actors are treated interchangeably with white actors. I'm still not over a Latina actress on Alias playing the daughter of two very white characters, and another Latina played a Russian (well, maybe Ukrainian, judging by her last name, but still quite Slavic) ex-spy with two white sisters - incidentally, the aunt of the previously mentioned character. I guess it just breaks my suspension of disbelief.

Edited by FurryFury

Is that because you think all Latinas are brown? I'm Cuban and I have blond hair and green eyes. Many Latino and Latina actors play "white" roles. James Roday from Psych. Rita Hayworth. Cameron Diaz. Lana. Last I checked Regina isn't a Latina. Neither is Ariel. Joanna Garcia is also Cuban. What's the problem?

Edited by KateJones
  • Love 3
Last I checked Regina isn't a Latina.

Of course she isn't. She's not from this world, how can she be a real-life ethnicity? It always perplexes me when Regina's fans try to play the race card. "She's a minority!" WTF, Enchanted Forest isn't our world. Don't think every other place is like the US.

Is that because you think all Latinas are brown?

Well, to be completely honest, I haven't actually seen any Latinas in real life - there just aren't any at all where I live. I'm just judging by American TV (which I watch a lot), and I see very obvious peculiarities in the way the characters I've mentioned look. I mean, Mia Maestro didn't look half-Russian half-whatever Ron Rifkin's character was. And it's obvious to me Lana Parilla is Latina, just by her look, the same with Young Lily's actress.

In any case, I don't really want to see Lily. She sucks, and that's it.

Wow, Jennifer Morrison and I share the same coffee thermos. I feel special now. I know these are all probably off-camera, but it seems like they may actually be on friendly terms with Cruella? I'm just not getting confrontation scene vibes here.

Apparently there were also two other characters filming yesterday:

Larry Andreutti @BastardSonVan
@Lady_Junky @LauBayOUAT I don't know who the new characters were; a grey haired old lady and some guy; only saw them briefly

They really need to get Henry some new outfits. There was one episode last season where he wore a hoodie or something, but now he is back in knitted sweaters and cardigans. 

Latino isn't a race. It's a cultural identification or ethnicity. Neither Lana nor Regina is "biracial." There are white Latinos, black Latinos. There are even Asian Latinos (see, e.g. former Peruvian president Fujimori). But I digress.

I was a huge fan of Alias and I thought Mia Maestro was great as Syd's sister. I'm also not a Regina fan or playing the race card. Just pointing out that not every Latina looks like Sofia Vergara or Zoe Saldana.

Latino isn't a race. It's a cultural identification or ethnicity. Neither Lana nor Regina is "biracial."

I apologize if I used a poor choice of words. What I meant is that Lana has a mother of European descent and a Latino father, and her in-show parents were cast by actors who matched that. So that they had previously taken such care combined with the fact young!Lily was played by an actress who not only looked Latina but a bit like a mini-Lana seemed to hint that there might be a connection between Lily and Regina. They may have just opened up casting for whatever reason or this new character may not be grown-up Lily at all. 

Edited by SilverShadow

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/once-upon-time-season-4b-bts-photos-of_13.html

BTS pics of Emma, Henry, Regina, and Cruella filming at Regina's.

So, looking at those pics, it seems that Henry is coming back home from school, he sees a puppy and, being his stupid self, he runs after him. That kid is really Neal's son.

I hope Emma is there because Regina calls her about Henry and not for any other reason, like she is living there now.

Edited by RadioGirl27

I wonder why Paige/Grace's bike is there.  I also like how they have these stand-in dogs.

I know these are all probably off-camera, but it seems like they may actually be on friendly terms with Cruella? I'm just not getting confrontation scene vibes here.

It's not like Cruella can take on Emma and Regina on her own magically.  We don't know how powerful she is and I'm not certain she is as powerful as the two others. This is part of Cruella's back story.  Oh, I know!  Maybe she is Paige/Grace's real mother and Jefferson just lied about her being dead.

Lana Parilla

Can I say how cute and relaxed Lana Parilla looks when she isn't in perpetually pissed off Regina mode?

I don't know what to make of this round of photos.  Clearly Henry is doing his 'i'll be a hero thing and rescue this dog!'  Do we think it's Pongo?  Or is this a totally different dog, a younger one?  Maybe Paige's dog? Does he go off in the woods after the dog, get lost, and then Regina and Emma have to work together and rescue Henry rescuing the dog?  That would be ... not desirable.

Also how said is it that they're using a bus with Storybrooke Elementary on the side to shuttle Henry to school.  The oldest elementary school kid I know would be 11 -12 if they go through sixth grade.  Henry is clearly, even with this show's aging, in middle school.

Parrilla looks great smiling...if only someone could try a "nice spell," on Regina...(now that would be funny...Regina going over to help Snow clean her bathroom!) Anyway, let's hope Cruella is more manipulative and smart then she is "magical."   And please, no, my sweet pouty, pretty Jefferson married to...THAT????

• Love 1
And please, no, my sweet pouty, pretty Jefferson married to...THAT????

That is not very nice!  Maybe Cruella is like this really awesome person who hit her head on a tree one day and got amnesia out of it and changed to whatever she is now.  I'm sure Cruella looked pretty normal pre-crazy person, just like Regina was pretty fresh-faced normal and this big wide-eyed person pre-pre-pre-Evil Queen days.  

She and Jefferson got married (I'm totally doing this on purpose btw, Mitch!), something happens where she goes all villain, he is all oh oh decides to remove their kid from the situation.  And now she just wants her back because, you know happy ending.

• Love 3
So, looking at those pics, it seems that Henry is coming back home from school, he sees a puppy and, being his stupid self, he runs after him.

Isn't that exactly how the QoD captured Belle?

She and Jefferson got married (I'm totally doing this on purpose btw, Mitch!), something happens where she goes all villain, he is all oh oh decides to remove their kid from the situation.  And now she just wants her back because, you know happy ending.

LOL...I would know how to wipe that pout off of Jefferson's face and give him  his "happy ending.."(if you know what I mean and I think you do...)

I wonder if they have gay marriage legalized in Storybrooke? I can see King George railing against it..Snow all for it, Charming befuddled by it(and most of the male couples wanting him to officiate it) and Regina, what would Regina think???She would either be mad as SHE can't get married or she would be thrilled to have some guys coming to town who would appreciate the Bitch Goddess she is! Maybe the next Big Bad is the Attorney General of Alabama who was sucked into a portal and sent to the Land Without Magic and has been pissy ever since.

I wonder if Paige's bike is just a prop outside the school to show they are still around.

Well, Lana said she plays Regina as a Republican, so she'd be against it.

It's funny that I think she means that as a slight against Republicans, and yet for me it just makes me think poorly of her and her own personal wack-a-doodle thought process when it comes to her whiplash inducing portrayal of Woegina. Of course the writing does her character no favors, but then again Lana thinks Regina's relationship with Graham was playful, cute, and sexy despite the lack of consent and the sex slavery aspects of it all. So, whatever, Lana. 

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 8

From EW

Can Belle ever forgive Rumple on Once Upon a Time? — Michelle
If she ever will, it won’t happen overnight. “That’s one of the things in the second half that we’re exploring, which is forgiveness,” executive producer Edward Kitsis tells me. “Can good people make a bad decision? Can bad people make a good decision? Can you come back from the bad decisions you made and how? What he did to Belle is really atrocious and that is not going to be solved with a mixed tape and flowers.”

I hope this means Rumbelle is not getting back together any time soon, but I seriously doubt it.

Oh, and this "Can good people make a bad decision?" is so going to be Emma and/or the Charmings that is not even funny.

From EW

That seems to imply they can still make amends. Gag. I see no reason Belle shouldn't be filing divorce papers ASAP. On this show, forgiveness isn't just letting go of what they did. It's about adopting them into your "happy family" and giving them rose petals for every little decent action. Belle's going to be kissing up to Rumple for the rest of her life.

Edited by KingOfHearts
Oh, and this "Can good people make a bad decision?" is so going to be Emma and/or the Charmings that is not even funny.

But good people do make bad decisions.  They do ALL the time.  The difference between Emma and her parents is that they learn from their bad decisions/mistakes.  Heroes are not perfect, far from it.  But they learn.  Take Rumple?  Hasn't learned anything, I'm not sure he even understand.

• Love 7

But good people do make bad decisions.  They do ALL the time.  The difference between Emma and her parents is that they learn from their bad decisions/mistakes.  Heroes are not perfect, far from it.  But they learn.  Take Rumple?  Hasn't learned anything, I'm not sure he even understand.

I know, but we are talking about OUAT, where the good guys can get a black spot in their hearts for killing a crazy mass murderer, while the villains get away with murder, rape and abuse. So, really, whatever the good guys do, even if something as pointless as scratching Cruella's car, is going to be presented as the worst thing ever and they are going to be blamed constantly for it (by others and by themselves), while Regina is going to get her happy ending because "she's trying" and "she has come so far".

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 3
executive producer Edward Kitsis tells me. “Can good people make a bad decision? Can bad people make a good decision? Can you come back from the bad decisions you made and how?

Logical follow-up questions.  Can good people make a bad decision and be shamed for it over and over and over again?  Can bad people make a single good decision and instantaneously regain the trust of everyone around them?  Can you come back from a bad decision like killing an entire village and sucking an entire race into a Hat?  Or will no one care?  Ding ding ding ding, yep that's the answer!

What he did to Belle is really atrocious and that is not going to be solved with a mixed tape and flowers.”

No of course not.  It will be solved with cheeseburgers at Granny's.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

I got the rest of the scene.

EMMA: What is this?

BELLE: It's a beautiful fur coat that I found hanging in the back of the shop.  It'll fit you perfectly.

EMMA: C.D.V.  is on the label. I wonder what that means?  Are you sure this doesn't belong to anyone?

BELLE: No one has come to claim it, so I'm sure it's fine.  After all, what's the worst that can happen?  The evil owner will come back and vow to kill you and your entire family for stealing her great-grandmother's heirloom with hidden powers like the ability to summon all wild animals within a 50 mile radius?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

If Adam wants to continue with the pointless script teases he should at least do one that's informative. Try this one.

Will: Bloody hell!

Then people could be like Will Scarlet is on this show?! Who knew?

Speaking of Will, have there been any spoilers about him at all in 4B? Is there any point to having him on this show? Seriously, they said 4A was meant to introduce him slowly, which didn't really happen since he was never introduced so much as more just there every once in a while, but is 4B meant to extend his overall uselessness with this very slow roll out?

There was one weird WS spoiler about him kissing Belle.

My memory is that they filmed a night scene in Steveston for 4.12 which fans weren't allowed to watch, but those who were there believed had Belle, Will, and Rumple in it, and some fans say they heard the word "kiss" over a walkie talkie. 

A&E also said we'd get "more" of his story in 4B, but didn't elaborate further. 

Edited by retrograde

A&E also said we'd get "more" of his story in 4B, but didn't elaborate further.

Yeah, but it would be like the one they promised for Hook. A couple of scenes in someone else's flashback. In this case, Robin's. I seriously doubt they are going to give him a whole episode, unless they give him the finale because the villain of 5A is related to him. The same goes for Hook.

They not going to give one of the core characters a flashback if it's not relevant to their main story and if it doesn't move their plot along.  I bet that the only reason Robin is getting a "backstory" at this point is because it links back to Zelena somehow (his flashbacks are with Marian in the EF).  And that's the only back story thus far in this second half that might have nothing to do with the 3 flunkies but has something to do with of course our dear Rumple because you know, Rumple.

There are some of the titles that we don't know what they are about.

412 - Darkness at the Edge of Town  (normal stuff going on in town before the shit hits the fan)

413 - Unforgiven  (Rumple-centric?)

414 - Enter the Dragon (Maleficent backstory, Aurora, Stefan, I'm sure Regina is there too)

415 - Poor Unfortunate Souls  (Ursula backstory, Poseidon??? Ariel, Hook are there for sure)

416 - Best Laid Plans  (any guesses?  Sounds like a Rumple thing but I'm not sure)

417 - Heart of Gold  (Robin backstory/Marian/Zelena flashbacks, Robin breaking into possibly Walsh's store)

418 - Sympathy for De Vil (Cruella backstory//We know Henry, Emma and Regina are also there)

ETA - 

Maybe Best Laid Plans is the Author/Sorcerer flashbacks.  I mean the Sorcerer clearly sees all and knows all (so much hate for this!)

Edited by YaddaYadda

There's going to be a flashback to Storybrooke pre-Emma and Regina needs her own flashback. I guess the Author will have one too. And Eion Bailey is back for multiple episodes, probably the one for the Author and the Storybrooke pre-Emma ones.

They not going to give one of the core characters a flashback if it's not relevant to their main story and if it doesn't move their plot along.  I bet that the only reason Robin is getting a "backstory" at this point is because it links back to Zelena somehow (his flashbacks are with Marian in the EF).  And that's the only back story thus far in this second half that might have nothing to do with the 3 flunkies but has something to do with of course our dear Rumple because you know, Rumple.

There are some of the titles that we don't know what they are about.

412 - Darkness at the Edge of Town  (normal stuff going on in town before the shit hits the fan)

413 - Unforgiven  (Rumple-centric?)

414 - Enter the Dragon (Maleficent backstory, Aurora, Stefan, I'm sure Regina is there too)

415 - Poor Unfortunate Souls  (Ursula backstory, Poseidon??? Ariel, Hook are there for sure)

416 - Best Laid Plans  (any guesses?  Sounds like a Rumple thing but I'm not sure)

417 - Heart of Gold  (Robin backstory/Marian/Zelena flashbacks, Robin breaking into possibly Walsh's store)

418 - Sympathy for De Vil (Cruella backstory//We know Henry, Emma and Regina are also there)

ETA - 

Maybe Best Laid Plans is the Author/Sorcerer flashbacks.  I mean the Sorcerer clearly sees all and knows all (so much hate for this!)

The first episode is Queens and Rumple in ftl and Unforgiven seems to be a Snowing episode about their 'secret' and backstory with the Queens. Adam tweeted a pic of Charming's stunt double in ftl clothes around the time they were filming the episode and Merrin Dungey tweeted this pic of them with filming with Ginnifer Goodwin in studio around the same time: https://twitter.com/realmerrind/status/543241378512130048

412 - Pineapples attack the town in the preamble to the other villains.

I don't want to start a fanwar here, but it is pretty clear that the Pineapples are the innocent parties here. They were sitting around Grannie's, minding their own business when suddenly they were impaled by Olives. Those pineapples sacrificed their lives so that the denizens of Storybrooke could be saved. And I think we all know where those Olives come from....who smells of desperation and gin? Who? Miss Gin Martini herself, Cruella. Forget puppies, this woman is a menace to tropical fruits.

• Love 6