Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings and Scheduling: Hail to the Gods

caracas1914
  • Start Topic

I'm not sure when they'll air it, but I think (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that the ratings for rescheduled airings are not included in the regular episode ratings.  Well, other than situations where it's simply bumped to the next week at the same time.  

So if they air it at like 2am, they're not going to add those 2am viewers to the regular timeslot viewers for the episode.  That's my understanding anyway.  The final ratings will just have the sports viewers subtracted out that were improperly counted in the preliminary ratings.  

23 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm not sure when they'll air it, but I think (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that the ratings for rescheduled airings are not included in the regular episode ratings.  Well, other than situations where it's simply bumped to the next week at the same time.  

So if they air it at like 2am, they're not going to add those 2am viewers to the regular timeslot viewers for the episode.  That's my understanding anyway.  The final ratings will just have the sports viewers subtracted out that were improperly counted in the preliminary ratings.  

If it airs before 2 AM its added to the final ratings. In preliminary ratings everything will be included in Arrows ratings that aired on the CW at 9 PM

• Love 1

I believe later airings are included in L+3 and L+7 ratings but in order for it to be included in final L+SD ratings it has to air before 2am on the same day.

The preliminary ratings are based on the timeslot which means that they include whatever aired at 9pm in each local market.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Do they just push back the actual Arrow airing or relocate it to another day?  How long will they have to wait to get those ratings numbers included? 

Baseball ran to 9:30-10 so no SPN or Arrow last night. Probably on Saturday.

As far as Prelims vs finals, Baseball (historically) doesn't impact the demo, usually inflates viewers a bit. 

No idea what will happen today, we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

NYC is the #1 ranked market for Nielsen for a reason. According to this site, Nielsen projects that market to represent 6% of the whole country. 

ETA: to our friends that lurk and comment about our posts elsewhere, NYC is much bigger than Chicago or LA, so yes, it makes sense that this preemption correlated with a bigger drop than previous ones in those cities.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

NYC is the #1 ranked market for Nielsen for a reason. According to this site, Nielsen projects that market to represent 6% of the whole country. 

Dont make excuses. It's clearly Olicity's fault for murdering Laurel, Havenrock and ruining Barry and Iris spew in the park wedding. ?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Mary0360 said:

Dont make excuses. It's clearly Olicity's fault for murdering Laurel, Havenrock and ruining Barry and Iris spew in the park wedding. ?

You know that's highly likely what some corners of the Internet are actually saying :P

I took a look at the Yankees schedule. Looks like their Thursday evening games are sometimes aired on WPIX11, the CW channel. There are evening games airing on 4/19 and 5/10, so episodes 619 and 622 are going to get pre-empted.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

You know that's highly likely what some corners of the Internet are actually saying :P

Oh yes I'm waiting for the premature celebrating on twitter over Arrows demise. I mean, it's been picked up for a seventh season, but what is logical explanations next to bias head canons? 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Oh yes I'm waiting for the premature celebrating on twitter over Arrows demise. I mean, it's been picked up for a seventh season, but what is logical explanations next to bias head canons? 

Someone has already declared that the CW must be seriously regretting renewing Arrow now, and this the ratings indicate everyone has given up on the show because it's not the Green Arrow show anymore. I can't wait for how next week's miraculous recovery is going to be explained.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I can't wait for how next week's miraculous recovery is going to be explained.

Easy. Everyone was just really excited to watch the

Spoiler

Imminent Olicity divorce 

Edited by Mary0360
It's a fake spoiler but figured tags just incase ;)
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I mean the show is circling the drain no doubt but people puffing their chests over ratings for an episode that was preempted are...lol. 

Stupid? Yeah ?

No seriously, Arrow and SPN both dropped 500k in viewers. Obviously losing NYC hurt them both.

I just mentioned in the SPN Ratings Thread that I should have known better. This happened in S2 or S3, one of the final episodes, the LL/KC stans started attacking MG about failing ratings and how it was all Olicity's fault. 

I remember laughing at his tweet because it was like yeah, we lost the #1 market and the CW is well aware.

Sadly ratings in fandom is just some dumb pissing contest. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Wow and the promise of DragonSiren didnt bring in the eyeballs ... I was promised KC and Avocado are ratings magnets.

• Love 2

Unrounded preliminary and half-hour ratings from RJK at SpottedRatings.com:

Supernatural ................... 0.460 ... (0.460 ... 0.460)
Arrow .............................. 0.383 ... (0.378 ... 0.389)

Also posted in Mind Your Surroundings.

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of March 26 (Week 27).  Source:

• Supernatural 1.3, 3.362M
  • Black Lightning 0.9, 2.468M
  • Arrow 0.8, 2.069M (Episode 6.16 The Thanatos Guild)
  • Legends of Tomorrow 0.7, 2.043M
  • Riverdale 0.7, 1.870M
  • iZombie 0.4, 1.224M
  • Life Sentence 0.2, 0.664M
  • Love 1

From RJK at SpottedRatings.com

Here were the L+SD FINALS for last week's CW drama originals:

The Flash ........................ 0.638
Black Lightning ............... 0.496
Supernatural ................... 0.475
Legends of Tomorrow .... 0.435
Arrow ......................... 0.379
iZombie ........................... 0.238
Jane the Virgin ................ 0.219

Also posted in Mind Your Surroundings.

Edited by Starfish35

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of April 2 (Week 28).  Source

• Supernatural 0.84, 2.411M
  • Black Lightning 0.82, 2.327M
  • Legends of Tomorrow 0.73, 2.036M
  • Arrow 0.62, 1.742M (Episode 6.17 Brothers in Arms)
  • Jane the Virgin 0.50, 1.128M
  • Life Sentence 0.26, 0.692M

Dynasty not reported.

Also posted in Mind Your Surroundings thread.

Edited by Starfish35
11 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah - do numbers usually go down for that? I would've thought more people would watch to catch up on what they missed but I guess not.

Since they aired on Saturday it's possible people didn't watch (live or on DVR) within the Live+7 day window.

• Love 2

I'm not sure how much the half numbers matter because of the preemption, but....

Supernatural ..................... 0.573 ... (0.583 ... 0.563)
Arrow ................................ 0.435 ... (0.480 ... 0.390)

Source: RJK @ SpottedRatings.com

CW Live+7 Ratings for the week of April 9 (Week 29).  Source

• The Flash. 1.33, 3.471M
  • Supernatural 0.86, 2.513M
  • Black Lightning 0.84, 2.405M
  • Legends of Tomorrow 0.71, 2.155M
  • Arrow 0.71, 1.887M (Episode 6.18 Fundamentals)
  • iZombie 0.50, 1.373M
  • Jane the Virgin 0.45, 1.095M

Also posted in Mind Your Surroundings thread.

Edited by Starfish35