Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

So in that video Barry's about to exile himself to the speedforce, right?  He's clearly saying goodbye and they completely ignore Nora before they shine that light on her.  Jay's there and the rule was someone had to stay in the prison - I can see Barry switching places because he'll never be able to create a time remnant that becomes Savitar as long as he's trapped. 

That assumes, of course, that SaviBarry was telling the truth about being a time remnant.  It's also possible that Savitar really is future Barry Allen, who exiled himself to the Speed Force, went insane, escaped, became Savitar and went to the time and place he needed to go in order to do the things he needed to do (kill Iris( or "Iris"), etc) to drive past him to be point of exiling himself to the Speed Force and bringing Savitar into existence.  Maybe all that has to happen is for someone to pep talk Barry into forgiving himself for "Iris's" death and that puts paid to Savitar.

On 5/13/2017 at 7:26 PM, doram said:

@Cocogurl & @Katsullivan

Since you guys liked my "AU" plot so much, I just thought of how this could have been combined with this time-remnant reveal...

What if Barry makes the time remnant when he is at that lowest point of his moral arc? That way, the time remnant is like the literal embodiment of the darkest, most desperate and dangerous potential within Barry. 

The more I read of this AU plot of yours, themore I hate what we got instead from canon so if your plan was to make me absolutely detest season 3, congratulations because you succeeded!

But seriously, you need to write a proper multichapter fanfiction AU of this season based on this plot. 

(edited)

I'm guessing it's going to be more like approximately six months; since the show comes back in October, and they usually want things to line up with real time. Otherwise, the story picks up near the end November -- which would have been Barry and Iris' wedding date? (According to those save-the-date cards, which may or may not be canon.)

It would be something, though, if Barry did reappear on the day they were supposed to be married! ❤️?❤️

In any case, I assume that the wedding date would have to be postponed; so, spring wedding? Next year's musical?

With Iris in the leadership role, we get to see more of the Bro-Sis Crimefighting Unit! Looking forward to that.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Matt's Inside Line:

Any scoop on how The Flash‘s Iris will be grieving Barry after sacrificing himself to the Speed Force? —Fowsia

With the action picking up six months later, it’s unclear if time heals all wounds. “We still don’t have Barry out of the Speed Force,” Candice Patton told us at Wednesday’s Saturn Awards (where she was named Best Supporting TV Actress). “Iris is really struggling to deal with that, and she does it in her own way.” And while there’s buzz that Iris will have assumed a larger role within Team Flash, Patton was mum on what if anything Barry’s fiancée might be doing to try to get her love back: “That’s a very interesting question that I can’t really answer!”

Any news on The Flash? —Megan

A role being cast for Season 4, that you have not heard about yet, should put the visual effects department to the test.

17 hours ago, Trini said:

I'm guessing it's going to be more like approximately six months; since the show comes back in October, and they usually want things to line up with real time. Otherwise, the story picks up near the end November -- which would have been Barry and Iris' wedding date? (According to those save-the-date cards, which may or may not be canon.)

It would be something, though, if Barry did reappear on the day they were supposed to be married! ❤️?❤️

In any case, I assume that the wedding date would have to be postponed; so, spring wedding? Next year's musical?

With Iris in the leadership role, we get to see more of the Bro-Sis Crimefighting Unit! Looking forward to that.

Ooh, I hadn't even thought about the 6 month time jump being November. For some reason I have it in my head that all hiatus time jumps so far have been 6 months. Don't they usually (more or less) line up the timeline with the real dates?

Barry reappearing on the day they were supposed to get married would be so dramatic. Maybe Iris will stubbornly keep planning the wedding or something. As for the wedding, tbh I still really like the crossover wedding idea, but a wedding during the next musical episode (if there is one) would also be nice.

It'll be interesting to see the state everyone is in. Iris being really pro-active about keeping Team Flash operational might be her way of honoring Barry

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, RedVitC said:

Ooh, I hadn't even thought about the 6 month time jump being November. For some reason I have it in my head that all hiatus time jumps so far have been 6 months. Don't they usually (more or less) line up the timeline with the real dates?

They usually do line up with real time, but since we had a definite date for the finale (May 23), six months later would have to be November. So I'm taking the "6 months" time jump with a grain of salt for now.

From the Comic Con announcement:

... With The Fastest Man Alive now trapped inside an extra-dimensional energy, and unknown dangers lurking in the shadows, it will be up to Team Flash to free Barry from his own personal Hell.

Hmmm - Speed Force Nora said that Barry was not going to "hell". So was the SF lying, or does it just seem like hell to Barry because he's stuck there?

"Lurking in the shadows" clue for a villain?

Then there's the Team having to free him. I'd rather it be Barry convincing the SF to let him out. He went in willingly, so I think he should be able to go out willingly, instead of some prison break scenario. Because then that's going to be another thing the SF will be mad at him about, and it will cause problems. (Wait -- unless that's what the writers want, for drama... gaaaaaahhhh.)

6 hours ago, Trini said:

A role being cast for Season 4, that you have not heard about yet, should put the visual effects department to the test.

Well, that hardly narrows down the list of potential metahuman guest stars, but it's interesting that they didn't say whether it was a villain or not.

Edited by Trini

I'm hoping this all gets borne out.  I also hope it doesn't end with Barry shaking his finger at Iris for being a mean old meany-mean or something for not doing things exactly his way (ie, doing them with a higher degree of competence).

• Love 2

About next season's crossover:

While it’s hard to top an alien invasion, the powers that be will at least try — but in a different way. “If we end up doing what we’re talking about doing, it’s going to be pretty cool,” EP Marc Guggenheim says. “The crossover is always the most challenging thing we do, but it’s also the most fun. Every year we feel the pressure [to top ourselves]. I feel like each crossover has topped the previous one. Topping last year’s, that’s a high bar, if for no other reason than what do you do that’s bigger than aliens? We’ve got some very, very exciting ideas…. Very early on in the process of doing last year’s crossover, Greg [Berlanti] said there’s probably no way to get bigger than aliens, so the best way to make the [next] crossover especially epic is if you can’t increase the bombast, increase the emotional stakes and the emotional payoffs, so that’s a very oblique comment on where our heads are at for this season.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/30/spoiler-room-game-thrones-blindspot-once-upon-time/

• Love 1

Another Interview Candice did at Cannes. No spoilers, but she does mention that she's got "a few good spoilers" and that there's "some big stuff happening" in season 4.

Hmm... it seems The Flash Production/staff Twitter account (that released the title of the season premiere) has been deleted.

----------

In any case, I hope they take that "reborn" part seriously, and reboot the show into something closer to what everyone fell in love with in Season 1.

• Love 2
(edited)

Looks like at least Keiynan and Candice were filming yesterday (+ bonus pic of Keiynan with Candice's puppy :). I wonder if this means Iris and Wally are doing their own brother and sister crime fighting unit thing apart from Team Flash, though that doesn't really fit with Iris taking more of a leadership position in Barry's absence. Of course, it's likely the others were filming too.

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, RedVitC said:

Looks like at least Keiynan and Candice were filming yesterday (+ bonus pic of Keiynan with Candice's puppy :). I wonder if this means Iris and Wally are doing their own brother and sister crime fighting unit thing apart fro Team Flash, though that doesn't really fit with Iris taking more of a leadership position in Barry's absence. Of course, it's likely the others were filming too.

I doubt it's apart from the Team; I'm guessing Wally/Kid Flash does most things and Cisco (and Gypsy?) helps out too.

So, the Arrow actors are all but saying there's going to be an Oliver/Felicity wedding early on in the season. Stephen Amell even hinted at it happening in the crossover. Does anyone else think that would be a terrible sign for a WestAllen wedding happening too? I can't imagine Berlanti would want a similar storyline going on on both shows at the same time. 

Unless they're planning some sort of crazy double wedding at crossover time as a stunt (PLEASE no!). Yeah, I don't know. 

If they're set on marrying Oliver/Felicity this season that kinda makes me think WestAllen will be delayed somehow.

(edited)
5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Does anyone else think that would be a terrible sign for a WestAllen wedding happening too?

We're going into Flash Season 4.  Barry and Iris have really only been an official couple since the end of Season 2 (when he decided to rewrite time and pretty much erased Iris from his life).  Honestly an Oliver/Felicity wedding during the crossover makes good sense.  Barry has pretty strong connections to Oliver and Felicity while Cisco has a good working relationship with Felicity.  From Legends, Ray and Sara have connections to Oliver and Felicity.  I don't know about Supergirl, but I can see Kara making an appearance.

For my part I'm just not that concerned about a Barry/Iris wedding.  We know it happens.  The Wall of Time confirms it.  If it doesn't happen this year (maybe towards the Flash season finale) it might become the basis for next season's crossover.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

Does anyone else think that would be a terrible sign for a WestAllen wedding happening too? I can't imagine Berlanti would want a similar storyline going on on both shows at the same time. ...

... If they're set on marrying Oliver/Felicity this season that kinda makes me think WestAllen will be delayed somehow.

They're engaged, there's only so much they can delay. I can see them stalling the wedding, but not specifically because of another couple on another show. I'm still expecting the wedding during Season 4.

40 minutes ago, johntfs said:

If it doesn't happen this year (maybe towards the Flash season finale, it might become the basis for next season's crossover.

I don't know if they'd do a crossover wedding twice though. (If they really do have Oliver and Felicity get married in this year's crossover.) Although, whenever Barry and Iris do have the wedding, it would be a crossover anyway since they'd have to have certain characters from the other shows attend.

7 hours ago, ruby24 said:

So, the Arrow actors are all but saying there's going to be an Oliver/Felicity wedding early on in the season. Stephen Amell even hinted at it happening in the crossover. Does anyone else think that would be a terrible sign for a WestAllen wedding happening too? I can't imagine Berlanti would want a similar storyline going on on both shows at the same time. 

Unless they're planning some sort of crazy double wedding at crossover time as a stunt (PLEASE no!). Yeah, I don't know. 

If they're set on marrying Oliver/Felicity this season that kinda makes me think WestAllen will be delayed somehow.

Well I was thinking they'd actually aim for a super cheesy " mass wedding where one couple from all 4 (or 3 assuming there's only minimal interaction from Supergirl cast apart from Kara) Barry/Iris, Oliver/Felicity, Nate/Amaya and either Alex/Maggie or Kara/Mon-El if SG gets involved. Whether any of those couples are actually ready is another thing. It could be a case that one couple is planning to get married, something happens and someone else gets married cue that being a running thread throughout the season.

I really hope its not a double or mass wedding though.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/6/2017 at 0:40 AM, Trini said:

I doubt it's apart from the Team; I'm guessing Wally/Kid Flash does most things and Cisco (and Gypsy?) helps out too.

There were some set photos of Kid Flash and Vibe and Joe fighting a new villain, so probably :)

12 hours ago, ruby24 said:

On the one hand, I can see that (them not wanting a wedding on both shows in the same season), so it's possible they'll delay the WestAllen wedding a little, but I think maybe it'll be a case of they won't have the same type of wedding. Aka, if one couple has a small wedding the other one will have a bigger one etc. 

Small voice: I kind of like the idea of the double wedding. And by that I don't mean they're standing next to each other and getting married at the same time. But that whole, from a wedding comes a wedding thing. So during the wedding of one, the other couple decides to get married too. Would they pass up the change to have the bride throw the bouquet and someone catches it etc... You could have a wedding in one of the first crossover eps and one in the last (or have a couple riding off into the sunset with that intention and you see the wedding in the next episode of their own show). 

I'm not sure, to be honest. For now I'll allow my 'hopefully WestAllen gets married in S4' brain to enjoy the thought that they will. I think we'll have a better idea in a few weeks during SDCC. They're pretty tight-lipped on any spoilers this season, but we might get a general idea from how they talk about Iris and Barry. I think it depends on how they have Barry come back and if they let it affect the WestAllen relationship and give them another relationship arc before the wedding. If not, then with how far Barry and Iris progressed (even mailing out the invites) I don't know if they could/should stretch it much longer than the end of the season. The show already had them break off the engagement once, so I don't think they'd go there again.

And the invites: The finale was jam packed with all kinds of storylines being resolved, and yet they took the time to show not only Iris bringing up the invites (with a November date none the less), but have Barry actually deliver them. Maybe I'm reading too much into that, and it's just to twist the knife of their separation, but it seems a little too specific not to go anywhere. They could have just had them talk about how Iris has a future again and do the part where he puts the ring back on her finger. I guess maybe they thought having Iris bring up the Save the Dates she made when she was in a brave mood was a more natural gateway to wedding talk (look at me trying to talk myself out of my own theory). They gave themselves a potential out for the November thing by not explicitly mentioning it, and not having a clear shot of the date, but not the delivering part. Having Barry actually deliver them, using CGI budget for it...I don't know, seems like a deliberate choice.

I think by this point we can pretty much say there will be a wedding during the crossovers, whether that wedding will be WestAllen or Olicity (or even another couple) is less certain. I go back and forth, when we just started speculating I felt like it would be WestAllen, but I agree with recent news more and more things seem to be pointing to Olicity. (To be clear, I'm not against either of these options. I like both couples. WestAllen however is my OTP, as they say (I don't think I love any couple the way I love Barry/Iris), so I tend to look at things from that perspective. I do dread any potential mean comments towards WestAllen a little if Olicity is the crossover wedding, but what can you do. I guess there would be mean comments for WA if they are the crossover wedding, too)

Here are a few things that make me think WestAllen still might get married this season/potentially during the crossovers:

-The November date on the cards + delivery of the cards

-They already broke off the engagement once before, so I don't think the show would go there again

- At a convention (I think at the end of May but I'm not sure) a fan asked Stephen who he thought would get married first (WestAllen or Olicity) and he said probably Barry and Iris. I think this was the same convention he said that a crossover wedding was a good idea when asked about an Olicity crossover wedding , so at that point he probably already knew about Oliver and Felicity getting married. I know we can't really pin anything on this, since it was just a casual conversation he was having, but I get the impression that he doesn't just say things. (But I think the crossover meeting was only this past week or the week before so who knows what they ultimately decided on)

-At the convention this past weekend Stephen also said he'd prefer a small wedding for Olicity. A small wedding is less likely during the crossovers. The question was about his preference, so once again I can't read too much into that, plus even if it is a hint the crossover could use that trope where the couple plans this big wedding, but in the end decides that they don't need all that and have a small wedding.

-I fully admit this is me looking through WestAllen-glasses, but during a Saturn awards interview Candice said: 'but I don’t have too many details on what the arc for the season looks like for Iris. I got a few good spoilers, there’s some big stuff happening, but nothing I can give away.' There is so much she could be talking about here, it could be for Iris (wouldn't it be cool if Iris moved into TV reporting, that could qualify as big stuff), or she could even be talking about the show in general, but it could also be a wedding :)

At least all this gives us lots to speculate about!

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 2

I know they want to avoid big spoilers, but the show has brought up wedding related stuff multiple times since Barry and Iris have gotten engaged, so I don't think the upcoming wedding is something they need to be secretive about. (And actually the big WestAllen wedding would probably be something they'd want to promote.) I hope we get some clues at Comic Con.

---

This hiatus has been really dry in terms of spoilers. Usually by this time there's at least some casting news.

I mean Barry and Iris will marry. This is not something that needs to be spoiled but I don't think it will be this season. This show will be on for a while. I am pretty sure we will be seeing multiple Iris's before a wedding (so excited for it). I really pray and hope they focus on Iris West as person separate from Barry this season. We as Iris fans have earned the right to see play a bigger role in all of things Flash and crossover episodes.  

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Trini said:

I know they want to avoid big spoilers, but the show has brought up wedding related stuff multiple times since Barry and Iris have gotten engaged, so I don't think the upcoming wedding is something they need to be secretive about. (And actually the big WestAllen wedding would probably be something they'd want to promote.) I hope we get some clues at Comic Con.

---

This hiatus has been really dry in terms of spoilers. Usually by this time there's at least some casting news.

Yeah, and the Flash production office was shut down after they tweeted that picture with the episode title, which seems a little much. I wonder if the tight-lipped-ness is a reaction to the cliffhanger leaking last year. Have the Flash cast members been doing cons? Because a lot of these Arrow spoilers are coming from the cons. For now my feeling is that Barry and Iris will get married this season, but Comic con should give us more clues.

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Just 11 days til Comic-con.  :D  

Only 11 more days! If anyone here is going, be sure to report back with all the behind the scenes news!

2 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I mean Barry and Iris will marry. This is not something that needs to be spoiled but I don't think it will be this season. This show will be on for a while. I am pretty sure we will be seeing multiple Iris's before a wedding (so excited for it). I really pray and hope they focus on Iris West as person separate from Barry this season. We as Iris fans have earned the right to see play a bigger role in all of things Flash and crossover episodes.  

Todd Helbing did pinky swear (?) during an encounter with a fan that Iris would get a reporter arc (or that we'd see more of it, I don't exactly remember what it was) in season 4 (during that Supergirl screening a while back). Not sure what we can expect from that or how serious we should take it, but with the big bad not being a Speedster it might be an opportunity to integrate journalism more into the story.

Edited by RedVitC
to clarify
  • Love 3

Did we know about the famous DC comics character they're casting for? I'm assuming it's the same one they mentioned that would give the special effects team some work, but I don't think we knew it was a famous DC Comics character?

Candice saying they're going to "start to scratch the surface"  of "Iris being a well-developed, well-rounded major member of the Flash universe" is interesting. Not sure what it means exactly, but interesting.

And I just like to hear talk about a WestAllen wedding, even if we didn't actually learn anything new :) 

(edited)

Do we really need another addition to Star Labs? I don't know about that. Isn't Julian enough or is he not coming back after all? I thought I heard he was, but Tom Felton hasn't been back to Vancouver to film, so maybe not.

Even if not, what about Tracy? I kinda liked her, I was hoping she'd stick around.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Do we really need another addition to Star Labs? I don't know about that. Isn't Julian enough or is he not coming back after all? I thought I heard he was, but Tom Felton hasn't been back to Vancouver to film, so maybe not.

Even if not, what about Tracy? I kinda liked her, I was hoping she'd stick around.

It pissses me off as well. The last thing Star Labs needs is another male scientist.

Im so confused about Tom Felton. I really thought he coming back since there's never been any exit interviews and he was in Vancouver the week prior to filming. I really liked Julian so I'll be sad if he's really gone.

Ugh. I can already see new guy being Caitlin's love interest of the season.

• Love 2

Waiting for confirmation; but my snap judgments are 1) the female villain sounds the most interesting; 2) Thinker seems like a real opportunity to do something different with the season-long big bad; 3) neutral about Dubney - BUT he's going to be recurring with an option to become a regular?? Gypsy and Tracy (and even Tina McGee) are RIGHT THERE! The 2024 episode made it clear that Team Flash had way too many dudes. They could even import Stein's daughter from Legends.

And yeah; the lack of news about Tom Felton/Julian -either way- is confusing.

• Love 2

Interesting that they're casting a sidekick of sorts for the big bad. The characters all sound promising and I don't mind some new characters for the others to interact with, but i'm not sure Team Flash needs another metahuman. Or another scientist. I'm kind of hoping Dibny is not a scientist...but the show loves its scientists.

I did a quick google search on him and it says that in the comics he is considered 'one of the most brilliant detectives', but also a talented amateur chemist. Maybe they'll have him working at the precinct and then he joins Team Flash later, except that sounds a lot like what happened with Julian. They're probably bringing him in to help track Devoe, but I hope they don't forget that Barry is really good at his job too. Remember all the cool stuff he did in the pilot.

This radio silence about whether or not Julian is coming back is so weird. It's not like the character's story was left on a cliffhanger that shouldn't be spoiled. He told Caitlin he loves her and then he'd just leave? Maybe they felt Julian is too similar Harry? I'm going to assume he's back until I hear otherwise. It's possible won't start filming until a later episode. I don't think Tom Cavanagh has started filming yet either (Tom C also wasn't in the first episode of season 3).

(edited)

Tom C also wasn't in the first episode of Season 2. It's like a tradition that he's not in the premieres now, lol.

I'm wondering if the Julian thing is based on the availability of Tom Felton. That could be why they haven't said much about him. Frankly I thought him and Tracy last year were plenty, as far as Star Labs additions go. I was really hoping Tracy would stick around, since she's a woman and an older woman at that, which is nice (not in her twenties at least), and Anne Dudek was great on the show and fit right in.

They really don't need another superhero/scientist on the team. And tbh, it makes me suspect that Julian's probably not coming back on a regular basis, so this would be yet another new love interest for Caitlin, which is really annoying.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 2

Male, Mid to late 30s, Open Ethnicity. Think Ryan Reynolds or Chris Pratt, Ralph has the ability to stretch his body to super-human lengths and sizes…however, while resculpting his old body is easy to do, Dibny finds losing the old misguided sense of truth and slobbery, even after joining the team at S.T.A.R. Labs, is a far more difficult task to accomplish. MAJOR RECURRING GUEST STAR WITH A SERIES REGULAR OPTION FOR NEXT SEASON

Since it's in the casting description I'm guessing he'll be joining Team Flash sooner rather than later. What do they mean by a 'Ryan Reynolds or Chris Pratt' type?

Scoop for the Flash from the TV Guide SDCC issue:

- With so many speedsters present in the season finale, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg decided to put a hold on Violett Beane’s Jesse Quick. “But she has been such a great addition to the show,” Kreisberg says. “We’ll see what happens in Season 4.”

- Things in Season 4 will pick up six months after the finale with Cisco’s Vibe (Carlos Valdes) and Wally’s Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale) on crime-fighting duty. “Then a threat arises that they can’t handle,” Kreisberg says, “and Cisco admits he’s secretly been working on a way to retrieve Barry.”

- While saying goodbye, Barry asked his fiancée to keep running, and she is going next-level with that one. “Iris is running Team Flash,” Kreisberg says, hinting at some major growth for Ms. West this year. In fact, “the season premiere is all about Iris and Cisco, not Barry.”

- “We actually just made a deal with Jessica to appear on the show next season in a recurring role,” Kreisberg confirms. Cisco is probably really thrilled about that one.

- Conceding that the “Savitar kills Iris” storyline “did get very dark,” Kreisberg promises a little more sun in Central City. “We really wanted to brighten the show up and have it be unabashed fun and excitement next year,” he says.

Other notes: Harry Wells is back, Devoe is the world’s fastest man versus the world’s fastest mind, and Caitlin returns with some new secrets regarding what she’s been doing for six months.

http://valeriemperez.tumblr.com/

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

In fact, “the season premiere is all about Iris and Cisco, not Barry.”

I would be more excited about this, but it's Kreisberg talking, soooo.....

45 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

- “We actually just made a deal with Jessica to appear on the show next season in a recurring role,” Kreisberg confirms. Cisco is probably really thrilled about that one.

Yayyyy!!

That was a strange answer about him. All he says is that he loved what Tom Felton brought to the show and Julian was great, but nothing about whether he's coming back or not? I'm getting the feeling he must not be. 

I'm thinking it may have to do with Tom Felton's availability or maybe even his salary (he probably costs more than another actor would, right?)

(edited)

Okay, so I'm assuming Felton/Julian isn't going to be back. But why all the evasion?? So weird.

2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

“and Cisco admits he’s secretly been working on a way to retrieve Barry.”

Eh - I'd really prefer Barry to get out on his own rather than him getting pulled out. Why do they reject greatness?

Sorry that they're putting Jesse on the back burner; but 3 speedsters would be too much.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Trini said:

Okay, so I'm assuming Felton/Julian isn't going to be back. But why all the evasion?? So weird.

Eh - I'd really prefer Barry to get out on his own rather than him getting pulled out. Why do they reject greatness?

Sorry that they're putting Jesse on the back burner; but 3 speedssters would be too much.

I think they want to avoid Barry undoing his sacrifice. I don't think they'd write Barry spending six months trying to leave the SF when he walked in willingly to save the world.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

“the season premiere is all about Iris and Cisco, not Barry.”

Interesting. I'll miss Barry, but I guess they're going for the angle that Iris an Cisco are the most affected by Barry's absence? I think episodes that feature both Iris and Cisco, like I think 11 from S3, tend to work really well, so I'm excited. I can't imagine we won't get at least a glimpse of where Barry is. But I'm glad it's sounding like (+looking like from filming BTS) that they're not going to solve it in just one episode.

I heard that the TVguide stuff for LOT says that

Spoiler

The Legends team will cross off the option of getting help from The Flash because Barry is in the Speed Force (don't know the exact quote, sorry). But Wally is still there? And Barry even had Wally help him to get to the future. I'll have to wait till someone posts a scan or something to see what it says exactly

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

I think they want to avoid Barry undoing his sacrifice. I don't think they'd write Barry spending six months trying to leave the SF when he walked in willingly to save the world.

That's true; but it could be another scenario. The speed force could let Barry leave to save his family/friends, or he makes a deal with it or something.

• Love 1
On 7/14/2017 at 5:11 PM, Trini said:

That's true; but it could be another scenario. The speed force could let Barry leave to save his family/friends, or he makes a deal with it or something.

I don't really see a deal to be made.  It's like making a deal with a structure to not collapse after removing a load-bearing wall.  Apparently the Speed Force needs a speedster within it or else it starts to destroy Earth (maybe all Earths it touches).

57 minutes ago, johntfs said:

I don't really see a deal to be made.  It's like making a deal with a structure to not collapse after removing a load-bearing wall.  Apparently the Speed Force needs a speedster within it or else it starts to destroy Earth (maybe all Earths it touches).

It gets kinda tricky, though. Since it was specifically the Speed Force prison that needed a speedster and supposedly Tracy was the one that made that Speed Force prison...So really they should be working with her to see if there's a way to reverse whatever she did. But then again, the Speed Force did say that Barry's stay wasn't going to be like hell, so it apparently can change the some of the rules (unless that was a lie/misleading)

On 7/15/2017 at 0:11 AM, Trini said:

Maybe it'll have something to do with preserving the timeline. Taking Barry out of the timeline changes the timeline a lot; will change every event he was supposed to be part of. Taking Barry out of the timeline probably changes the future world more than Flashpoint so that's going to have to be addressed.

• Love 1

So Aliza Vellani has been cast for a role on the show;

a lot of people are assuming it's for the role of Thinker's sidekick, but I've also seen speculation that it's might be Meena Dhawan, a character in the Flash: Rebirth comics. I'm hoping it's the latter, because we need more female hero characters, and I think she's a little young for how they described 'The Mechanic'. (Yeah, I know it's CW, but still) Also, it would match up with the Speed Force storm from the finale.