Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Cup O' Joe

Dagny

Please remember that the Small Talk thread does not allow for the conversations that violate the Primetimer Politics Rule.

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, cased said:

I don't know about them breaking up, but I have a gut feeling that they will leave the show when their contract expires, which is some time this year.

I don't know, Joe really loves the sound of his own voice (and his music isn't going to give him that platform...). Lol

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe really loves the sound of his own voice

I don't think he'd give up show biz, just leave MSNBC. If they do a podcast from the house, they have no constraints on what they do or say.  And they don't have to get up at 3:30 in the morning either.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I don't think he'd give up show biz, just leave MSNBC. If they do a podcast from the house, they have no constraints on what they do or say.  And they don't have to get up at 3:30 in the morning either.  

It would be a permanent bunker.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe could sing the intro!

Oh Joe would write a new song.

I swear the music they play on First Look is his band.    Speaking of, Yasmin is still working, I thought for sure she would be on maternity leave by now.  She rarely misses a day.  Hey Mika, what's your excuse? You're not pregnant, and Yasmin gets up WAAAYY earlier than you do. And I bet she doesn't have the perks of a driver and a wardrobe, etc. 

I agree. I know some like a more raucous show, but at 6 am I am not in the mood for yelling and drama queen behavior.  It's 6 am ffs, can we just talk about what happened yesterday, drink a cup of coffee and take in everything without Joe and his asshole behavior of yelling, interrupting, and telling anyone who disagrees with him to go back to Mom's basement.  Mika adds nothing. She can't even read a teleprompter. And I don't want to hear about it being early in the morning. I watch First Look when I'm up early and Yasmin and Ayman do a fine job of interviewing, reporting, with some joking around and/or serious comments. I have never once yelled at the tv during their show.   

Wonder if Mika will do any more KYV instagrams about scheduling time with your daughters who can't stand you, or how wine at 10 am is a great mood stabilizer.  

• Love 1

I think why Emily Jane Fox is such a regular on MJ these days is that she does not paint Ivanka is the kindest of lights in her book (I am reading it now and am enjoying it) and that would be right up Meek's alley right now.

• Love 1

I forgot to post about this earlier! I was at a retirement party recently and sought out all the gossip about one of my parents colleagues going on Morning Joe. Lol. He’s an expert on Eastern Europe and totalitarianism, he’s come out with some more of less popular books on the topic lately. The most recent one is really short and accessible, and was ostensibly the reason they had him on the show. 

With the background set... he said it was weird because Willie was the only host there on set, that Joe phoned it in (literally and figuratively) from Connecticut, Mika was missing, and that the whole set just felt off and chaotic (I think he said he was booked on CNN right after too, I can’t remember). He said it was also entirely and obnoxiously obvious none of them had read the book, or even any summary of the book, or even a review of the book, and that Joe lectured against some point he thought the book was making but it wasn’t an actual point made anywhere in the book. Probably because Joe didn’t read the book. 

I asked him about the bunker experience lol. He said it was weird because he forgot Joe was even “there” and they didn’t offer any explanation on why 2/3 of the hosts didn’t show and why one beemed in. 

In short, he was not impressed.

• Love 5

CHLOESMOM SAID

John Dean is the lawyer that told the truth in Nixon's Watergate hearings and started his grease slide into finally resigning.  He has a stunning blonde wife that was quite the distraction throughout the hearings as she always sat behind him and you couldn't miss her.  They are still married and have three adorable doggies. 

https://goo.gl/images/bjohA7

• Love 1
2 hours ago, suomi said:

Thanks for the image Suomi!  I just remember the inordinate amount of press coverage she received and the snark that she was going to dump him once he entered/exited jail but she never did (and their furbabies are totes adorbes!).  His Twitter feed is the bomb (and you get to see the furballs) . . . :)

Hey, hot off the press.  The latest edition of Meek's vanity project:

Especially love the line about women getting the money they deserve.  Maybe she and Julie Chen can team up for the next edition.

• Love 3

There is a KYV Newsletter and I expect each of you to sign up.   I mean, who doesn't want to read Mika's take on "Is Milk Good For You". (Yes that's an actual article).  I'm sure it devolves into  "yeah it's got calcium and stuff but Merlot has grapes and that has to have vitamins in it, right?" 

https://www.nbcnews.com/knowyourvalue

And here is the registration page for the December 2018 KYV event in San Francisco. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/register-today-our-san-francisco-know-your-value-full-day-ncna883231

$550 for a seat with a charging station, lunch, drinks, photo op with Mika, book and, hold onto your hat, a KYV teeshirt.   

Try not to laugh

Drawing on her own experiences in the working world, Mika Brzezinski has turned these experiences into valuable tools and resources to help women assess and recognize their own worth along with the inspiration necessary to advocate for themselves. 

Tips on how to get away with an affair with your boss, hiding a box of wine in your office, and alienating your children included. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

$550 for a seat with a charging station, lunch, drinks, photo op with Mika, book and, hold onto your hat, a KYV teeshirt.   

Stop. 

Really?

I mean, going by the photos of her KYV staff I expected the well off white suburbanite version of feminism, but not to this degree. 

It looks like all they're doing is copying articles from other sites, blogs, etc onto this. 

Of course they are, we don't expect the Queen of Lazy to do any work do we? 

This page  Health/Mindset is like reading Mika's diary.  Sun screen, depression, anxiety, and goddammit we are setting the record straight on this Drink Milk bullshit! We have a stock photo of a young woman drinking milk for God's sake!! Take me seriously.  

Four articles about sun screen -  Is it that difficult to understand sunscreen?  You buy it, you make sure it covers all exposed areas of your body, you re apply if you get in water.   It's right there on the back of the tube. 

Five articles about depression and anxiety. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/knowyourvalue/health-mindset

I can not believe she had Traci Anderson speak  at her KYV event in NYC. She was arrested for fraud here in Indianapolis. She was married to a former IU basketball player, and traded on his fame to open a work out studio.  Hey Mika, the photo in this story, that's called a mug shot. They take those when they arrest people. 

https://www.wthr.com/article/celebrity-fitness-trainer-in-trouble-in-indiana

https://www.indianapolismonthly.com/longform/getting-ripped-tracy-anderson/

Edited by teddysmom
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

There is a KYV Newsletter and I expect each of you to sign up.   I mean, who doesn't want to read Mika's take on "Is Milk Good For You". (Yes that's an actual article).  I'm sure it devolves into  "yeah it's got calcium and stuff but Merlot has grapes and that has to have vitamins in it, right?" 

https://www.nbcnews.com/knowyourvalue

And here is the registration page for the December 2018 KYV event in San Francisco. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/register-today-our-san-francisco-know-your-value-full-day-ncna883231

OK, the 12-year-old in me laughs every time I see "KYV" because I read it without the "V."

I just finished watching "Big Little Lies," and I can SO see Madeline, Celeste, and Renata showing up for this shindig. (Jane wouldn't be able to afford it.) I wonder if everyone has to dress as Audrey Hepburn, though.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

I wonder if everyone has to dress as Audrey Hepburn, though.

Would you even go if you didn't wear pearls and an A line cocktail dress?  Do you even KNOW your value?

And yes, I see "KY" every time too.  (heee)

• Love 2

August 7, 2015 The Donald makes his first interview after the Fox News Debates on August 6, 2015* with Morning Joe.  

*the Megyn Kelly debate. Somewhere along the way, Joe helpfully provides a counter argument to something. I can't watch it again to verify the topic ...

He "doesn't recognize" the various slurs recounted by MK, except "When I said the Rosie O'Donnell thing ... "

ETA: I remember now, it was his four bankruptcies. Joe said a good response would be to mention the airline that filed bankruptcy and came back stronger than ever. 

Edited by suomi
aha
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

People are starting to bring out the old tapes.  I’ll just leave this one here...

I can't watch this until this evening, but Willie looked so young back then.

• Love 1

Working with the GoldDust twins has to be aging.  Imagine...every morning...maybe the hosts show up, maybe they don't.  Maybe one shows up, maybe they don't. Maybe they are satellite-d in from parts unknown...maybe they aren't.  I would think that most mornings, production/hosts/reporters, etc., must have a giant headache wondering what to prepare for.  The Twins seem to have about as much work ethic as the Prez. But yes, Willie looks young; but in that tape he looks as much of a douchb*g as Tucker Carlson always is.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Holy shit.

Yeah. I really shouldn’t be shocked at this, I’ve never warmed to Willie, but the unabashed mix of sexism and homophobia is a lot. There’s a reason he’s bros with Joe.

• Love 1

That had to be back in the early 2000s?  When Carlson was on MSNBC.  Way back in the day, MSNBC was MUCH MUCH more conservative/batshit crazy. They had a some guy, Michael something, he made Alex Jones look like Mr. Rogers.  He was fired after a few months, but he was flat out disgusting.

I think MSNBC started going more liberal when Keith Olbermann started doing more political stuff on his show, and he was getting great ratings for calling out Bush & Cheney over the Iraq war. 

That's the thing with the media, you can't really trust what they say on these cable shows, as they go for whatever keeps people tuned in.  Trump on Morning Joe got ratings, so JoMika were kissing his ass.  Like Moonves said "bad for the country, great for ratings". 

Joe looks like he's going to shit his pants this morning over the Blue Wave, whether O'Connor pulls it out in OH or not.   If it stays close he will surely call for a recount. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

That had to be back in the early 2000s?  When Carlson was on MSNBC.  Way back in the day, MSNBC was MUCH MUCH more conservative/batshit crazy. They had a some guy, Michael something, he made Alex Jones look like Mr. Rogers.  He was fired after a few months, but he was flat out disgusting.

Tucker's former MSNBC show was on from June 13, 2005 – March 14, 2008. Rosie O'Donnell was on The View from September 2006 to May 2007 during her first go around when she was the moderator. The Trump incident with the split screen on The View happened on May 23, 2007. 

I had no idea Tucker's show lasted that long because it seemed like it only lasted about a year. I remember watching it on and off for awhile at least because it's the first show I saw Willie on. What I don't remember is Willie being that disgusting and vile. Not sure I watched after the first year so I must have missed the Rosie stuff that Willie and Tucker spewed.

@teddysmom I think your remembering that disgusting guy Michael Savage. His show lasted for 4 months then MSNBC fired him after an incident. He was insane and all I remember was him screaming the few times I saw it. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

So Willie was Tucker's funny sidekick back then? 

How many Silkwood showers do you have to take to get the stench of Tucker Carlson off you?  

I'm starting to think my decision to forego Morning Joe is the right decision. All three of them are disgusting people. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

When I was watching Willie was introduced as a producer on the show and would have a segment at the end of each episode. Not sure if his role in regards to appearing onscreen expanded after I stopped tuning in.

MOAR, with receipts, as the kids say. Videos of yore, featuring unfiltered Joe and Willie, are embedded in the link.

Not surprisingly, Joe didn't take criticism like a grown up and address it head on. He decided to slide a vile comparison into a segment about Alex Jones losing his platforms on FB, YouTube, Apple, and Spotify. (We're on to you, Joe.) In what could only be seen as an amateurish attempt to be subliminal, he lumped Rosie O'Donnell in with Alex Jones. ALEX FREAKING JONES. THIS was his response to legit criticism about his years of pandering to Trump while tearing down Clinton. Was he hoping we wouldn't notice? Was he hoping we would notice and say, "Hey, yeah, forget all that spot-on criticism Rosie lobbed at me yesterday..."? Was he hoping we'd honestly believe she was on the level of Alex Jones?

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/08/joe-scarborough-soothes-hurt-feefees-cheap

And in case you were wondering about receipts, Joe, on how much you piled on Rosie O'Donnell BEFORE she made that wacko 9/11 conspiracy comment, feel free to check this out.

Forgive those of us who find whatever outrage you all profess to have on your show a bit disingenuous. You have plenty to answer for yourselves before you can be taken seriously, and today's response to O'Donnell's criticism was NOT an auspicious start.

Seems like trump is not the only thin-skinned misogynist on TV.

• Love 1
On 8/3/2018 at 3:26 PM, teddysmom said:

This page  Health/Mindset is like reading Mika's diary.  Sun screen, depression, anxiety, and goddammit we are setting the record straight on this Drink Milk bullshit! We have a stock photo of a young woman drinking milk for God's sake!! Take me seriously. 

I thought of your post because I just saw Mika pushing a KYV article on menopause. It is Mika's diary. You're right.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, XOQueens said:
On 8/3/2018 at 3:26 PM, teddysmom said:

I thought of your post because I just saw Mika pushing a KYV article on menopause. It is Mika's diary. You're right.

I should send Mika a bottle of Maca Root capsules.  

Christ that was weird.

She was obviously shopping and dropped in.  "Women stepping up?"  WTF does that mean?  50% of the volunteers were men.  "They are everywhere?"  Oh yeah?

It's hard not to hate her guts.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Christ that was weird.

She was obviously shopping and dropped in.  "Women stepping up?"  WTF does that mean?  50% of the volunteers were men.  "They are everywhere?"  Oh yeah?

It's hard not to hate her guts.

I looked her up, and she’s a consultant for an Albright something or other. Because of course Mika can’t even randomly stop in at a women’s HQ whilst out shopping without some sort of personal connection drawing her interest.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, teddysmom said:

How many Silkwood showers do you have to take to get the stench of Tucker Carlson off you?  

I'm starting to think my decision to forego Morning Joe is the right decision. All three of them are disgusting people. 

"Silkwood showers" made me LOL.

I can't watch the video.    My laptop, which often catches the eye of paleontologists, won't play videos off twitter for some reason.  Is there a youtube equivalent?

13 hours ago, Landsnark said:

"Women stepping up?"  WTF does that mean? 

Running for office. There are more women running this year than ever before.  That's what that means. 

Not to defend Mika's antics, or making everything about herself. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I should send Mika a bottle of Maca Root capsules.  

It’s almost like she’s going through a manic episode now with all her social media postings. Her tip of the day is her weird jogging form, recorded whilst jogging in a full face of make up. 

Her tip of the day is her weird jogging form, recorded whilst jogging in a full face of make up. 

Is it wrong that I was wishing she'd run into a pole?  Since she's jogging in traffic while looking at a phone, maybe it would knock some sense into her. 

FFS woman, wash your face. 

"I look like a dancer   idiot". 

It’s almost like she’s going through a manic episode now with all her social media postings.

Maybe instead of Maca we should send her Prozac. 

BTW JoMika, we know you're together so knock off the fake backdrops, making it look like you're not. You can't even keep that secret. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1

Somebody get me some coconut water stat, someone looks a little thirsty (nothing like posing reading a retread of a book nobody wanted in the first place featuring your ill-gotten engagement ring):

My guess she was going for the Audrey Hepburn look.  Good luck with that Meeks.

You know Joe took that picture. I saw video of him doing a photo shoot of her it was nauseating. 

Why is she reading her own book? Didn't she write it? 

Have we ever seen pics of JK Rowling reading Harry Potter? I mean, yes, to a group of kids, but not sitting cross legged reading it, with a pile of them on her lap. But then again, JK doesn't have to beg people to read her books, does she?  

• Love 1

Omarosa name-drops Scarborough and Mika during her Meet the Press appearance.

In case you missed it, O was describing how Trump would call her in to carry out assignments he wished to keep secret, preferring to use her rather than the White House employees who would normally perform those duties.   The example she gave was Trump asking her to dig up articles about Joe Scarborough and Mika ...

• Love 2