Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Cup O' Joe

Dagny

Please remember that the Small Talk thread does not allow for the conversations that violate the Primetimer Politics Rule.

• Start Topic

On 8/22/2018 at 3:21 PM, novhappy said:

I’m just curious why media commentators aren’t gossiping, as we are, why a morning show hosts aren’t on the show together anymore. Even if there was a perfectly innocent explanation —if the co hosts of any other morning news show did this Star mag would have a story Norah O’Donnell and Whomever in Furious Feud!! And page 6 be all like whispers around town about the icy  relationship between x & y! Not seen on set together for a month, we hear execs are pushing for x or y to be replaced. And we hear the other agrees! Cold times!

come on, add in the seamy engagement and its gossip fodder!  They have to be actively managing the papers and sites!  They’ve successfully kept shit out of papers before. 

Jesus between MSNBC keeping their shit show on the air and gossip columns obeying their wishes do the Stardust Twins have Jedi Mind Control?

Perhaps their relationship with the tabloids will be part of the collateral to come out of the Trump-Pecker (tehe) thing. 

• Love 1

Ok, Morning Joe intern minions, KYV labourers, we know you’re here, so hear me out and relay this back to Mika. Her mother’s trees made of trees are cool enough, I guess. They’re huge and I’m sure they take a lot of time. But. She’s been showing them for decades. The same thing. Over and over. I know she has some huge religious pieces. For the love of god. Go for that. They are definitely more interesting, more detailed and more unique. Plus, that way Mika won’t have to shill for a gallery on her Instagram. That’s a really bad look, I wouldn’t have even done that right out of school, and I have a feeling her mother would be crazy embarrassed by it.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Ok, Morning Joe intern minions, KYV labourers, we know you’re here, so hear me out and relay this back to Mika. Her mother’s trees made of trees are cool enough, I guess. They’re huge and I’m sure they take a lot of time. But. She’s been showing them for decades. The same thing. Over and over. I know she has some huge religious pieces. For the love of god. Go for that. They are definitely more interesting, more detailed and more unique. Plus, that way Mika won’t have to shill for a gallery on her Instagram. That’s a really bad look, I wouldn’t have even done that right out of school, and I have a feeling her mother would be crazy embarrassed by it.

I seem to recall that on one of Mika’s Facebook Lives, she and Joe were in Mrs B’s art studio, and Joe said that the religious pieces were his favorites. Mika said they gave her the creeps (paraphrasing). 

2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Is Joe’s This Is Football actually successful? It’s woefully out of date, yeah? Chelsea and Liverpool haven’t had a match in months, and they won’t play again until late September. 

I believe that this was supposed to be be a 3 part series, so I am guessing that this was the last one. All the episodes have aired months after the game was actually played.

2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

If this article is true, then MJ better get it together as Lack is Joe's guardian angel:

https://www.mediaite.com/online/nbc-news-chief-andy-lack-on-his-way-out-report-says-comcast-is-shopping-for-his-replacement/

Oh, from this same article: Daily Beast Working on Major NBC News Sexual Harassment and Misconduct Story https://www.mediaite.com/online/new-daily-beast-working-on-major-nbc-news-sexual-harassment-and-misconduct-story/

Interesting.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

If this article is true, then MJ better get it together as Lack is Joe's guardian angel:

https://www.mediaite.com/online/nbc-news-chief-andy-lack-on-his-way-out-report-says-comcast-is-shopping-for-his-replacement/

It would probably help if Lack showed up at events looking like he took a shower. 

Lack is the guy who tried to turn MSNBC into Fox News Lite, until it backfired in his face. He hired Greta, Megyn and Hugh Hewitt, and wanted to fire Lawrence O'Donnell.  Even with all that MSNBC is doing great in the ratings, with Rachel leading the way. 

I'd say the Morning Joe shenanigans are about to come to a screeching halt. 

• Love 3

I wondered the same think about Andy Lack leaving.  Maybe the network will figure out that the ratings will be just as good (or maybe better) without the current hosts ("current" being the operative word since neither one comes in regularly), their contracts and their drama.  They would still get the same guests.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Oh, from this same article: Daily Beast Working on Major NBC News Sexual Harassment and Misconduct Story https://www.mediaite.com/online/new-daily-beast-working-on-major-nbc-news-sexual-harassment-and-misconduct-story/

Interesting.

He's also the Brainiac that paid Megyn Kelly all that money.  That's ok, if Joe gets swept up in that sexual harassment net (and it wouldn't surprise me as it seems the lovebirds started this separate bunkers BS around the time the sexual harassment stories started to percolate again), it's my understanding Matt Lauer is living under the delusion of making a comeback so maybe Matt, Joe and Andy can kick off their own shows live from Bill O'Reilly's basement.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Joe is tweeting about Trump's Google rage, how petty he is,  so I reminded him of his own little feud with Google & Facebook last year. And how he wanted it regulated . And he battles fake news. 

You cannot make this shit up. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/10/13/scarborough_blows_up_on_facebook_google_for_hurting_his_reputation_theyre_like_donald_trump.html

Didn't he also whine to Andy Lack about the Google search results (wanted him to fix the Google)?  No wonder these two think it's perfectly fine to flit in and out of their anchor chairs when it suits them.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Didn't he also whine to Andy Lack about the Google search results (wanted him to fix the Google)?  No wonder these two think it's perfectly fine to flit in and out of their anchor chairs when it suits them.

That's what this is. He was angry that Google was directing people to what he deemed fake stories, ie he kissed Trump's ass and helped coach him.  Was it also that he didn't like that he didn't have more articles about him? 

How many times can they write about "Intern found dead in Congressman's Florida office". 

or "MSNBC host leaves wife, rumors of affair with cohost abound". 

• Love 1

Mr. Kemper and I have been on a getaway, so no MJ for us.  I did see, however, on Mediaite, that Meeka was critical of the Andy Lack story and bashing.  Since I didn't see this, I can only assume this may be true.  If so, one would have to wonder why.  Could it be that her paycheck depends on him?  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Mr. Kemper and I have been on a getaway, so no MJ for us.  I did see, however, on Mediaite, that Meeka was critical of the Andy Lack story and bashing.  Since I didn't see this, I can only assume this may be true.  If so, one would have to wonder why.  Could it be that her paycheck depends on him?  

Mika’s outburst only served to convince me something is up with Lack and his (mis)handling of the many sexual harassment claims coming out of NBC/NBC News.

• Love 1

WTH? Why is she bringing up Tweets from 15 or 16 months ago? #whatever? I mean, this clearly touched her hard if she's still going on about it. Oy.

ETA: Mika's daughter Carlie just replied in her comments -- "This is new level for even you" "Wow" and "#weneedhelp". Lol. 

ETA2: wow, didn’t take much time for Mika to delete Carlie’s comment.

mikabrzezinski Thank you @eakinerlacher— please get Rag and Imogene safely home.. my mom made Rag .. I need to give her a little um.. touch up .. just like the one I got that Trump tweeted about #whatever

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, XOQueens said:

WTH? Why is she bringing up Tweets from 15 or 16 months ago? #whatever? I mean, this clearly touched her hard if she's still going on about it. Oy.

ETA: Mika's daughter Carlie just replied in her comments -- "This is new level for even you" "Wow" and "#weneedhelp". Lol. 

ETA2: wow, didn’t take much time for Mika to delete Carlie’s comment.

But nothing about the latest tweaks and touch-ups to Her Nibbs?

I have to say I have about given up on this show.  I tuned in this morning to hopefully see The Gold Dust Twins and the rest of the gang all seated at the table.  But alas, not to be.  I switched to CNN and there was John Dean!  Someone at the table (at the table...not video-d in) made a sly joke about a dancing class that the indicted Congressman paid for (the one that MJ brilliantly played the hit-by-a-bus noise when tossing said wife under it)...the person said the dancing class alone should be an indictable offense.  I laughed out loud.  It was one of the Lord of the Dance classes, I think.  Maybe clogging?  The joke came out naturally and softly (snidely)...no beating you over the head with it.  Why can't MJ be present?

• Love 4

Yes. I saw John Dean on CNN too.

Very smart of them to snatch him away from MSNBC.

But John Berman's interview with Senator Kennedy (R LA) was cringe worthy. If they had been in the same room, would John have sucker punched him?

All of you cross your fingers and PRAY that they have Nicole on tomorrow.  She and Schmidt are dishing and gossiping about Sarah Palin.  WIDE OPEN.  Joe is in his living room shouting at his producers to get her on, and Mika is running around in circles yipping like an annoying puppy.

• Love 3

So Joe can't imagine a collection of sycophants and sniveling cowards eh?  Sigh, I beg to differ oh Overlord of the Morning Airwaves:

2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

All of you cross your fingers and PRAY that they have Nicole on tomorrow.  She and Schmidt are dishing and gossiping about Sarah Palin.  WIDE OPEN.  Joe is in his living room shouting at his producers to get her on, and Mika is running around in circles yipping like an annoying puppy.

Thanks so much for the heads up Landsnark as I am having Comcast problems but I will most definitely seek out this episode on MSNBC!

4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok, I need to ask . . . it seems Meeks is obsessed with Rag but is it because she is due on the set tomorrow (as opposed to the ones that blew off said set all summer)?

It’s so weird. Joe’s midlife crisis was his band. Mika’s is reliving her childhood through dolls most every girl has had and pretending she’s the only one ever. 

I was also super eye rolling at her other post about her BFF’s birthday that she made entirely about her. Anyway, I think Mika’s BFF is actually her servant. She’s also sending her these dolls. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

everyone else at MSNBC is congratulating her, her twitter feed was full of congrats over the weekend. 

Ari Melber did a brief retrospective last night. Nothing from Morning Joe. 

Did Rachel congratulate Morning Joe on their 10th anniversary? She may have, but I honestly don't know. If she did, then M/J should definitely return the favor, but if she didn't then turnabout is fair play, I guess.

Edited by cased

I honestly don't recall any other show congratulating them. 

"Congratulations on earning millions every year, lying about what you said in the past, having an affair and subjecting fellow employees and viewers to your shenanigans, and showing up to work about 30% of the time". 

• Love 1

Congrats  losers!!!  Congrats for being a total joke. 

No wonder Woodward seemed snarky, he shows up for an interview and the two hosts can't even bother to come to the studio.  Not like he wasn't there at 10 pm after Rachel's show.  and then back at 6 am. 

• Love 2

I do believe with the fallout at CBS this week it isn't a large leap of faith that maybe that boulder is rolling in NBC's direction.  There has to be a reason why Joe is never in the studio and now Meeks has her own bunker.  It shouldn't aggravate me but it does the lengths the technical guys have to go to shoot the show so it doesn't reveal the two "hosts" are never in the studio anymore.  I've read enough articles that Lack is on his way out and I wouldn't be surprised if MJ as we know it gets pulled under with him.  The contrast is so stark between MJ and when Ruhle's show starts.  She is such a great interviewer and totally prepared for her segments it makes the prior 3 hours seem like a complete waste of time.

• Love 1

I agree. They have too much talent to pay Joe & Mika the millions they get to fuck around the way they do.  It's obvious all over social media what people think of them, esp Mika.

She's promoting some KYV thing about Women Becoming Financially Independent. Everyone, including yours truly, tweeted back "do I have to sleep with my boss?  or "I am financially independent and didn't sleep with my boss, you might want to try it". 

I just pray if they do leave they don't give the show to Kasie.  I'd rather see Katy Tur and Stephanie do it. They are friends and would really work well together, as Katy is dominant in politics, Stephanie knows economics, and neither take shit.

They wouldn't sit there making faces in the camera, or fake crying. Or using the show to promote their side gigs. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I agree. They have too much talent to pay Joe & Mika the millions they get to fuck around the way they do.  It's obvious all over social media what people think of them, esp Mika.

She's promoting some KYV thing about Women Becoming Financially Independent. Everyone, including yours truly, tweeted back "do I have to sleep with my boss?  or "I am financially independent and didn't sleep with my boss, you might want to try it". 

I recently went down a Twitter rabbit hole conversation of a few people chiming in on why they were blocked from KYV on Twitter. A few people said they were blocked after asking if knowing your value means sleeping with your boss after he gives you his raise and then  he goes to TPTB and demands you get your own.

If the Gold Dust Twins go (please!) I agree with the poster up above (don't know how to do a quote from just one paragraph) about not giving the show to Kasie.  I like her, she does a good reporter job.  But I don't see a spark there...at least not enough to help carry a 3-hour show.  Yes to Katie Tur and Stephanie Ruhle.  Stephanie Ruhle does not suffer fools and with her financial expertise and Katie's what-ever (I like her) - that would be must-see tv for me in the morning.  At least until I could see how it all works out.  Almost anything and anybody would be an improvement over what is on and not on our screens in the early morning hours now.  Although I would love to see a minority sitting in one of the seats, too.  There does not have to be just two. But not Morning Zoo with the guys who are on there now.  Joe, Barnicle and Willie and used to be Mark Halperin.

1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

They were apparently in Florida and Mika spent the whole flight home watching Fox News. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/spotted-mika-brzezinski-spends-entire-flight-watching-fox-news/

Why did they bother going back to New York for 1 day, when they are going to be in Mississippi on Friday? Weird.

I also noticed that Alabama is playing Ole Miss on Saturday (in Mississippi), so I assume Joe and maybe Mika will be going to that game. It's probably why they picked this Friday to do a show in Mississippi.

• Love 2